[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Was suppose to go out in a blaze of glory while taking Thanos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: tentacle hugs.jpg (157KB, 1165x745px) Image search: [Google]
tentacle hugs.jpg
157KB, 1165x745px
>Was suppose to go out in a blaze of glory while taking Thanos down
>Got turned into a door by and shat on Bendis
>Got shat on by Marvel in general who got Thanos, Star-Lord and Drax out but not him
>Ended up trapped in the Cancerverse for who knows how long
>Gets out and comes back in a decent comic
>Said comic is not selling good and might get cancelled
>Marvel is still shit and will probably shit on him more
>Probably won't get a movie
>If he ever gets a movie then Marvel Comics might make Bendis write him

Why can't Rich ever have good things happen to him?
>>
>>91419136
Novas are made for suffering.

That said I think Duggan said he was writing him so if anything he ends up with the Guardians while Sam ends up in Waid hell with the Champions.
>>
>>91419136
True heroes sacrifice everything, even glory.
>>
Nova is a good book. Someone should post pics of it on this imageboard.
>>
File: Nova (2016-) 001-011.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nova (2016-) 001-011.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>91419691
I have a few
>>
File: Nova (2016-) 001-012.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nova (2016-) 001-012.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: Nova (2016-) 001-013.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nova (2016-) 001-013.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: Nova (2016-) 001-014.jpg (4MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nova (2016-) 001-014.jpg
4MB, 1988x3056px
>>
File: Nova (2016-) 001-015.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nova (2016-) 001-015.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>91419136
There's also this one of Rich taking some abuse from Cancerverse Thor
>>
File: GARGAL2015019-DC21-LR.jpg (69KB, 675x1025px) Image search: [Google]
GARGAL2015019-DC21-LR.jpg
69KB, 675x1025px
>>91419136
Marvel still shits on Rich, this is the only GotG #19 variant cover that has "Best Bendis Moments" and everything about this is awful.
>>
File: tumblr_od2pgl4qVf1qc5gi6o1_1280.png (2MB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od2pgl4qVf1qc5gi6o1_1280.png
2MB, 800x1100px
Here's hoping for OTP.
Fuck Waid
>>
>>91419136
One thing that's bugging me in the current comic is how out of character Rich is.
I know Loveness said that what happened between now and Thanos Imperative changed him, but he feels like some guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything.
>>
>>91423463
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Don't ship muh Viv with this loser
>>
>>91423785
How? I mean him sending himself back to the Cancerverse because Sam's family got attacked by that monster was him giving too much of a fuck, enough to not let it happen again.
>>
>>91424061
It's not going to happen, Waid would put her with Miles before Sam.
>>
>>91424354
Before he had huge reservations about anyone joining the Corps, and here, he meets a kid with a self-powered helmet and doesn't say anything
When he finds out that not only was his sacrifice meaningless, but also Thanos is on earth, he's like "fuck it, let someone else handle it".
Loveness made it sound like he wanted to explore a more serious tone with Rich when said something like "some of my friends went war and never truly came back." DnA already did something like that after Annihilation where he felt compelled to make up for all the people he wasn't able to save from Annihilus. Here, he just seems like he doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>91424425
he's been dead/missing for years and half his friends are completely unrecognizable/dead. it would probably make you feel distant as well.
>>
>>91424425
>Before he had huge reservations about anyone joining the Corps, and here, he meets a kid with a self-powered helmet and doesn't say anything

He had reservations because Worldmind was making a bunch of people into Novas without training and even then he ends up inducting his own kid brother Robbie into the corps.

Sam is a special case because he's been active during the time Rich was away and he's a whole different type of Nova plus if Rich even tries to forbid him it would seem hypocritical of him since he himself was Nova sinc ehe was a teen.

>When he finds out that not only was his sacrifice meaningless, but also Thanos is on earth, he's like "fuck it, let someone else handle it".

I think the moment he didn't see Thanos in the Cancerverse after his sacrifice he probably knew it was meaningless (but we probably won't know that until next issue since it will deal with cover Rich's stay in the Cancerverse).

Rich tells Gamora it's not a good idea to storm after Thanos by herself but he supports her decision to do it, honestly yeah I think it's weird he didn't go with her but DESU that was a Bendis (ugh) storyline and I guess Loveness couldn't go there even if he wanted.

Plus you can argue if Rich would have gone with Gamora to face Thanos but Sam's family being attacked took precedent.
>>
>>91419136
>Probably won't get a movie

I thought it was confirmed somewhere (one of James Gunn's FB AMA's if I recall?) that Nova was one of the properties Marvel was looking at for a film in a future phase.
>>
File: What's next.png (577KB, 500x693px) Image search: [Google]
What's next.png
577KB, 500x693px
>>91424425
>>91424844
>Loveness made it sound like he wanted to explore a more serious tone with Rich when said something like "some of my friends went war and never truly came back." DnA already did something like that after Annihilation where he felt compelled to make up for all the people he wasn't able to save from Annihilus. Here, he just seems like he doesn't give a shit.

DnA just scratched the surface with Rich's PTSD but they didn't really go much in depth with it especially after Annhilation, Rich seemed to move on from that (although he did face other fucked up situations).

That said in issue #2 we get Rich having a bit of a panic attack when the Champions start asking him a lot of questions and he hallucinates them being dead and when Sam goes to see if he's OK he tells him how it bothers him that no one on Earth even knows about the Annihilation war.

As for the serious tone, next issue looks dark as fuck and Loveness said it was going to be dark (although he did say he wasn't just doing it for the sake of it) and judging by >>91419136 and >>91422079 Rich didn't really have the best time in the Cancerverse (I guess the anon from the other thread who said he was going to be endlessly tortured while unable to die was right).

>>91424521
Rich doesn't handle trauma pretty well especially when he feels responsible for it and he's gone through a lot of shit since the Annihilation War.
>>
>>91424928
He said they were considering it anf later said that it might be a possibility, I think cosmicbooknews was the only website that covered that tho.
>>
>>91424844
He made a special exception for Robbie since he was extremely gifted. He was still very cautious about what he let Robbie do and wanted to personally train everyone they took on. He doesn't even bat an eye at a 15 year old being there.
He advised Gamora against going after Thanos, so I wouldn't say he supported her on it. He was willing to die to keep Annihilus away from earth, but when he learns Thanos is there he couldn't care less.
>>
>>91424936
When I said serious tone, I meant for his character rather than the storyline.
For the most part, so far, he doesn't look like he cares about some of the stuff that used to bother him.
>>
>>91425002
He tells her that her going to kill Thanos is a bad idea especially after she tells him that Thanos is being held and not rampaging about. Her going there just to kill him might probably set him loose and that's obviously a bad idea.

If she had told him "Thanos is fucking killing people lets stop him" that would be different.

But like I said Loveness can't step on a Bendis storyline and fuck who is to say Bendis won't... Ugh... have Rich appear in his final GotG #19 story for the big Thanos showdon (for the love of God I hope he doesn't and that he's still stuck in the Cancerverse at that point).

Again Rich didn't give Sam the Nova force, he didn't make Sam Nova or have any doing on making Sam Nova. Sam is also different type of Nova and he became a Nova through other means. I still feel it would be hypocritical of Rich to try and tell him he can't be a Nova especially since Sam has been operating for awhile and again Rich himself became a Nova since he was a teenager.

That said Loveness said he was going to explore the fact that Sam becomes a Nova because he finds his father's helmet, how he was never inducted by the Supernovas, and other characters are going to question him his position as a Nova because of it (I'm guessing it's going to be the suppose Nova corps Duggan is going to form).

>and wanted to personally train everyone they took on
He doesn't even do that for long, he lets that one other veteran Nova do it (I forgot his name).
>>
>>91425186
Thanos did kill someone when he invaded, and on top of that, he went to the place his brother works, or used to work at.
He never bothered to ask what happened to Robbie.
Like I said, it just bugs me how nonchalant his response is to learning that Thanos is on earth.
Just because Rich was a teen when he was recruited doesn't mean he has to be fine with Sam being in. He's well into his adult years and can have a different view on it. While we're talking about it, him suddenly knowing about the black helmets as well in issue 3 bugged me.
>The last sentence
He still did it and even supervised them on the mission with Monarch. God, I hope Monarch doesn't come back.
>>
>>91425259
>God, I hope Monarch doesn't come back.
He popped up in one of the Secret Empire covers.
>>
>>91425259
Does he even know what Thanos did? All he knows is that he's already captured which is what Gamora told him.

Loveness acknowledged Robbie missing so I guess it's going to be addressed, could be something he talked to with his mother.

He was Nova Prime and had access to Worldmind which has all the records and knowledge of Xandar, it's not far fetched that he didn't learn about the Supernovas then (What I wanna know is if they have a connection with Saal).

What can he do about Sam though? Sam is going to be Nova regardless of what Rich says and maybe all Rich can do is try to guide him. Sam is already a hero with experience and not a newbie if Rich tries to tell him not to be Nova he's going to still keep being Nova. Rich was Nova as a teen and he's probably smart enough to know that him trying to stop Sam won't work.

Heck he's kind of training Sam already, we see that in issue #2 and #3 how he gives him advice and Sam sees how he's handling the situation and learns from it when Titus and Death's head attack them. Him actually giving Sam training would actually be the smart thing to do especially since Rich himself didn't exactly have training when he started out.
>>
Dickfags are the worst
>>
>>91419486
Rich and Sam are both going to be in Duggan's Guardians. He's bringing back the Nova Corps as supporting characters.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.