[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly are Jinx's powers in the Teen Titans cartoon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1442470108547.jpg (139KB, 661x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442470108547.jpg
139KB, 661x800px
What exactly are Jinx's powers in the Teen Titans cartoon? It's never been quite clear to me
>>
>letting her die because you're too much of an autist to remove clothes from somebody who'd fallen in the sea and was catching hypothermia
Holy fuck
>>
>>91413237
Be honest, you just wanted to post your shitty artwork didn't you?
>>
File: stevebrule.jpg (31KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
stevebrule.jpg
31KB, 375x281px
>>91413237
She has the ability to remotely control the rigidity of my penis.
>>
>>91413237
Bad luck. A semi-rare power in comics is the ability to manipulate probability. Jinx's power is to directly alter probability to cause simple misfortunes to befall her opponents. You would know that if you bothered to pay attention, since it's fairly obvious that's what's happening.
>>
>>91413386
Anyone with a vagina has that ability over you, thirstmeister.
>>
>>91413237
>What exactly are Jinx's powers

To be a a much less powerful and much more limited version of Raven
>>
Bad luck magic
>>
>>91413510
So Basically, like Murphy's law, but she controls it
>>
The fuck is "bad luck" magic?

I mean really it just seems like she shoots laser beams to make shit fall on her opponents, that's not bad luck, it's just being indirect with your lasers.
Bad luck magic would be subtly altering your next trip to the brothel so you pick out the one girl with syphilis.
>>
>>91414175
>having a building fall on you isn't bad luck

i disagree
>>
>>91414175
The lasers are like a visual manifestation of her bad luck powers, it's not taken literally, it's just to show which objects she's influencing with bad luck.
>>
>>91414232
It's bad luck when it happens for reasons beyond anyone's control, that's like saying getting punched in the face while you're in a fist fight is bad luck.

>>91414297
Doesn't that just make it telekinesis?
>>
>>91414119
>>91414098
>>91414048
>>91413510
Her power is supposed to be the manipulation of probability through hexes but in reality it pretty much just does whatever the situation demands so she can serve as a magic rival villain to Raven.

Sometimes she can properly just cause bad things to happen, like structures failing and collapsing.
Others she can she shoot energy balls with kinetic force.
Or force a tidal wave when in conditions where a tidal wave wouldn't be possible.
Or manipulate the ground

Her only consistent power is the ability to force boners.
>>
>>91413510
So she's basically DC's answer to the Scarlet Witch.
>>
Guys, it's in her name.
>>
I like how much the show was able to sell Jinx. In the comics, all we had was Mammoth's lackluster sister, Shimmer & then when Jinx did show up, she's a bald Indian woman who rarely speaks & does very little other than show up for villain splash pages. They might as well have invented a new character altogether.
>>
>>91413510
You forgot to mention that it was stated outright in the show on multiple occasions.
>>
>>91414119
yes, that's a good way of describing it
>>
>>91414343
this
>>
>>91413313
Raven was the one that died, jinx lived.
>>
>>91420117
Pity the second attempt at the quest didn't get rolling.
>>
>>91420730
Pity Don never gave her The Endless Dick.
>>
>>91413318
That pics been around forever. It's part of a small set I think.

Not to say OP couldn't have been the artist, but I doubt it.
>>
Jinxes power is described in-universe as bad luck. Effectively, she manipulates the state of the surrounding environment to attack her opponents.

To be more specific, she can't turn a steel beam into a sentient "snake" to hunt or even a "rope" to bind, but she can make them lose stability and collapse. She can't create a water elemental, but she can cause a tidal wave.
>>
>>91414318
She points at the building's structure. That causes the weak points in its development to malfunction at that very moment instead of years later. They were going to go eventually, but they went just then because she jinxed them.
>>
>>91420037
>>91414343

No.
Domino.

Low key probability magic, or if you want the full enchilada.

Her brain, taps into the the mystic powers of the world and create localized disturbances. Normally being triggered by psychic provication
>>
>>91420117
Does that make it okay?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.