[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell are Black Panther, Carol Danvers and Ant-Man supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: Black_Panther-Captain_Marvel.jpg (102KB, 900x475px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Panther-Captain_Marvel.jpg
102KB, 900x475px
How the hell are Black Panther, Carol Danvers and Ant-Man supposed to hold up trilogies? None of them have major stories to their names, and they don't have rouges galleries beyond 5 characters.
>>
>>91409540
all their movies will be paint by numbers marvel movies and get no less than 70% on RT and everyone will love them and then forget them 2 months later
>>
>>91409540
>they don't have rouges galleries beyond 5 characters.

So that's two more characters than they need for a trilogy.
>>
>>91409540
>How the hell is Iron Man supposed to hold up trilogies? None of them have major stories to their names, and they don't have rouges galleries beyond 5 characters.

>How the hell are the Guardians of the Galaxy supposed to hold up trilogies? None of them have major stories to their names, and they don't have rouges galleries beyond 5 characters.

People who don't read comics or understand how movies are made keep talking about how a character's fame or rogues gallery will keep a character from being successful.
>>
>>91409540

Carol doesn't have one, period.
>>
File: 1026268-mystique_01.jpg (112KB, 424x517px) Image search: [Google]
1026268-mystique_01.jpg
112KB, 424x517px
>>91409626
>>
>>91409540
The wont have the chance to. MCU fad dies off after Infinity War.
>>
>>91409609
Thanos Imperative
Annihilation
Annihilation Conquest
War of the Kings
The Black Vortex

Say what you will, but GOTG has the entire space catalog, a luxury the other characters don't.
>>
>>91409665
That's great. Now if only Fox could play along.
>>
>>91409540
Black Panther can just run with the Winter Soldier formula of action, deception, political intrigue and that sort of thing except in Africa.

Ant-Man 1 was sort of its own contained series of personal and professional conflicts fueling each other so they can probably just keep wringing something out of that towel. Chances are Hope gets into the Wasp suit and tracks Scott down thinking he needs rescuing, but finds out he's fine and chides him for abandoning his family and her for superheroics, then some incident gets her slowly to see how sometimes getting into a costume and punching people is the only solution and he sees that he needs to trust others to support him instead of running off to be the lone hero and bla bla.

No idea with Carol and I don't really care.
>>
>>91409540
It means movie writers can do whatever they want with the characters and movies
>>
>>91409665
When was the last time Mystique and Carol even interacted?
>>
>>91409594
Too bad Black Panther 1 is using Klaue, Killmonger and Man-Ape.
>>
>>91409692
I know about all those stories, but that was the general sentiment that came up when the GOTG film was announced. I mean for fuckssake, even a mediocre screenwriter can come up with a capable villain while going through old Iron Man comics. It's all dependent on the film's execution.
>>
>>91409710
Naw, then they'll put her on the GOTG like JLaw wants.

Seriously, just imagine if they put JLaw on the GOTG and how awkward it would be as she starts stealing the spotlight.
>>
>>91409540
didn't stop iron man
>>
File: seal of quality.jpg (45KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
seal of quality.jpg
45KB, 1024x512px
>>91409540
this is how
>>
>>91409626
The Brood is Carols biggest enemy. But she is also the one tied closest to the Kree, so they can use ANYTHING from the Kree empire as her villain
>>
>>91409824
Again, GOTG had the advantage because there is a mass library of space stuff of Marvel. Captain Marvel on the other hand doesn't even have a definitive personality for Carol, let alone supporting cast, rogue's gallery or even tone. There's a reason Nicole Pearlman keeps saying how difficult it is to write a Carol Danvers film.
>>
>>91409886
Too bad Ronan, the only Kree people know, is dead.
>>
>durr no "stories"
This meme needs to fucking end. No one has "major stories" except Batman and Superman.

Talk about ACTUAL stories, ie the arcs in years worth of brilliant runs.

Pro-tip: If they have enough material for more than one "Epic Collection" TPB, they have more than enough for a movie.

And this is ignoring that movies have barely anything to do with comics anyway.
>>
>>91409692
>Annihilation
the team didn't even exist back then
>>
>>91410013
>Supreme Intelligence
>Yon Rogg
>all the Vell's
>Korath

there are options left, haven't even seen a Kree Sentry yet
>>
>>91409540
>rouges galleries beyond 5 characters.
Good thing they only need 3, then.
Black Panther definitely had enough runs and fought enough people for a trilogy.
>>
>>91409540
Carol's the best character Marvel has, she'll be fine.
>>
>>91410348
>>All the Vells
DON'T YOU TURN PHYLA EVIL!
>>91410236
>This meme needs to fucking end. No one has "major stories" except Batman and Superman.
I believe you mean Spider-Man.
>>
There's no limit to evil businessmen
>>
>>91410593
>Spider-man
We mean stories WORTH adapting.
>>
>>91409540
>>91409594
>Marvel "Cinematic" Universe
>good villains

Pick one.
>>
>>91409692
The first 2 you listed are more about Nova than GotG, and they were barely present in WoK. I'm pretty sure Drax and RR were the only ones who showed up.
>>
>>91409609
>>How the hell is Iron Man supposed to hold up trilogies?

He didn't.
>>
>>91409869

Pffffthahahahahahaaha.
>>
File: Langs-Eleven.png (400KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Langs-Eleven.png
400KB, 630x420px
>>91409540
Between Hank Jan, Scott and Hope they could probably scrounge together a few more villains for the next two Ant-Man and Wasp movies

Off the top of my head:
>Janet herself who's gone crazy in the Quantum Realm and becomes the Red Queen.
>Goliath/Atlas
>Taskmaster.
>Whirlwind
>Machinesmith
>Beetle
>>
>>91410236
>This meme needs to fucking end. No one has "major stories" except Batman and Superman.

Daredevil
>>
>>91410236
>Pro-tip: If they have enough material for more than one "Epic Collection" TPB

Which Carol dosen't.
>>
>>91409540
2/3 of those are easy as piss.
Ant-Man's the only problem. But then again he covers a lot of ground when you consider all of Pym identities & successors so hey maybe I'm just thinking too small.
>None of them have major stories to their names
Oh fuck off. Seriously. """""Major""""" stories tend to be shit anyway. Gimme Panther's Rage over Civil War anyday of the fuckin' week.
>>
>>91410910
Ant Man as Pym has a ton but they stole the main one for Iron Man. Scott doesn't have many but you can pull others from Pym or combine some.
>>
>>91409562
Just like Doctor Strange!

>>91409609
You say that like two out of the three Iron Man movies weren't absolutely unwatchable.
>>
File: 2.jpg (121KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
121KB, 800x800px
>>91409540
First off, that's a laughably casual statement.
Second:
>Malekith
>Whiplash
>Darren Cross
>fucking AYESHA
>ALEXANDER PIERCE????
Mmhmm yeah SUCH an exclusive club, dem MCU villains.

They could trot out Hyena Tribe from Hickman FF & the dogmelter dude from v1 Mar-Vell and still make hundreds of millions.
>>
>>91410593
Spider-man has no stories worth adapting.
>>
The MCU doesn't care about stories. Casuals probably couldn't even tell you what a single MCU movie is about. They're just supposed to be mindless entertainment for 2 hours with some laughs.
>>
>>91410974
>Scott doesn't have many but you can pull others from Pym or combine some.
Exactly. First movie was the Scott Lang movie. Second will delve a lot into classic 60s Hank Pym lore (Wasp co-starring, Microverse shenanigans, Janet). Shit there's already a definitive 3rd Ant-Man in the comics to base a 3rd movie around; have Eric O'Grady swooce on in and out-con the con-man. Shit I'm convinced Phase 4 will have Thunderbolts: the tie-ins write themselves.
>>
>>91411192
Precisely. They're perfect adaptations.
>>
File: 141687480574.png (17KB, 155x171px) Image search: [Google]
141687480574.png
17KB, 155x171px
>>91410884
Way to prove his point.
>>
File: 1464240871068.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1464240871068.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>91410902
Good thing the movie's not called "Carol Danvers" then innit. :^)
>>
>>91410712
You mean how every Batman story is just him reacting to someone who got killed?
>>
File: 1414078143561s.jpg (8KB, 179x200px) Image search: [Google]
1414078143561s.jpg
8KB, 179x200px
>>91409692
>No Korvac Saga
>>
>>91411284
If you're as dumb as the movies, yes.
>>
Amusingly, Wanda has the best villains.
>>
File: 1317309861847.jpg (51KB, 310x451px) Image search: [Google]
1317309861847.jpg
51KB, 310x451px
>>91411396
OH SNAP
>>
>>91411436
Dude, I'm a Marvelfag.
The very reason they're popular is because of their adherence to "mindless entertainment". It's not exactly high art.
>>
>>91411439
I ain't even a Wandafag and kinda wanted to punch Jame Robinson when he insinuated "Wanda's never had an archenemy before", just so he could put over his recolor OC.
No, Emerald Warlock. Until you absorb her twin toddlers to use as hands, you ain't shit.
>>
>>91409540
Panther has:
>McGregors runs (Panther's Rage, Quest & Prey)
>Kirby's run (Golden Frogs, Kiber the Cruel, his manlet brother)
>Priest (Achebe, Hunter & the Hatut Zeraze, all the geopolitical shit)
>Hudlin (Panther God mysticism, vampire hunting, Niganda being shit)
>Coates' run, Doomwar and his feud with Namor (rights pending)
>various concepts scattered elsewhere, from Excalibur to Marvel Super-Heroes to Fantastic Force

Carol has:
>all of the Kree
>all of the Skrulls
>all of the Brood
>all of the PRIOR CAPTAIN MARVELS AND EVERYTHING THAT ENTAILS
>COSMIC ABSTRACTS
>TITANIAN LORE
>INHUMANS
>HMM I THINK SHE'LL BE OKAY

Ant-Man has:
>Microverse
>Eric O'Grady
>mah nigga Egghead
>various Ultron offshoots & do-overs
>Black Goliath, DeMara Yellowjacket, gay Giant Man
>enough gimmicky Silver Age sillies for an entertaining rogue team
>any weird Kirby ephemera that hasn't been used yet, like MODOK or Fin Fang Foom
>>
>>91411396
Go read Legends of the dark Knight right now
>>
>>91410884
That is actually a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

What are Daredevil's essential "stories"?

Man Without Fear, Born Again, and... uh...

Daredevil has oodles and oodles of excellent comics, but not many of them are self-contained stories easy to namedrop. It's all good stuff contained in larger runs.

>>91410902
Fair enough. But still, like I said it's not like these movies do anything but borrow a handful of elements from actual comics, Captain Marvel is just going to be the ultimate example of that.
>>
>>91411087
>You say that like two out of the three Iron Man movies weren't absolutely unwatchable.

I would say yes. They're mediocre but if the movies ended up the way OP's logic worked, they would be worse than unwatchable.
>>
File: itstrue.gif (459KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
itstrue.gif
459KB, 250x188px
>>91409540
Everyone who makes this complaint or the "Marvel is going to run out of stories" complaint must be legitimately retarded.
>>
>>91412619
Does Marvel have the rights to the Brood?

And even if they do, would they use them? They are... pretty transparent xenomorph rips.
>>
>>91409540
Carol can eat up literally every Kree storyline that Marvel's ever done, outside of Ronan being dead and needing a replacement.

Black Panther has had intermittent ongoings since the 60s.

Ant-Man serves as the route for the MCU to redeem their throwaway use of AIM.
>>
>>91413676
The thing I keep remembering is that they have taken completely garbage stories before and salvaged them, so it's not like they're even limited to GOOD stories
>>
>>91410864
MODOK. Just throw MODOK in there, as I don't know, someone who used stolen Soviet era Pym Particles on his own brain or something and was an AIM backer.

Build up to Stature/Stinger happening in or after Ant-Man 3.

Have the Microverse Hyperion follow Jan back into realspace.
>>
>>91413728
>Black Panther has had intermittent ongoings since the 60s.
Jungle Action was his first and it was the 70s.
Black Panther v1 only lasted like 15 issues, IMO he didn't become a fully realized IP in his own right until Priest gathered everything together.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.