[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't the big two just do a pinup book monthly where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 9f6f83fa72ed2f2adf3b2d0071c210ad.jpg (122KB, 736x1108px) Image search: [Google]
9f6f83fa72ed2f2adf3b2d0071c210ad.jpg
122KB, 736x1108px
Why don't the big two just do a pinup book monthly where the artists just go wild and not tie anything down to any lore?
>>
Comic fans don't appreciate the artists, it's all about characters and writers to them.

For example, when people talk about a Batman run, they say Snyder's Batman instead of Capullo's Batman.
>>
>>91406238
The comics used to do pinup books once in a while in the summer when artists were pushed more than writers. I don't know how well they sold but it was definitely not good enough for an ongoing.
>>
>>91406238
Because then what would they use for variant covers.
>>
we were very close to another marvel swimsuit book
>>
>>91406294
I'm gonna blow your mind right now: the writer tells the artist what to draw.
>>
>>91407096
Not really. It's a collaboration.

The fact that artists tend to have to take breaks more is what keeps most runs from being called theirs. And even then there's still some, like Conner's Power Girl.
>>
>>91407115
>Not really. It's a collaboration.
So the writer writes a story and the artist draws a different story?
>>
>>91407182
Honestly it depends on the writer, Morrison and Quietly for example work together when they do a story and Quitely pitches him ideas on how he wants to compose a panel amd set up a scene and Morrison makes suggestions about it and sometimes he changes something in his writing to fit something Quitely is doing or Quitely will change on of his panels or something in his art if Morrison has a better idea.

That's how they collab.

Other writers like telling artists what to do and how the panels are composed or they tell them to set it up however they want to want and just write dialogue and tell them what's happening in a scene.

I think Priest said that while he was writing Gangster street Black Panther (Marvel editorial was being dumb and they forced him to write it) he mentioned that the artists he got didn't know shit about gangster culture or the streets and they would misinterpret certain things he wrote or totally disregard something he said and he felt that ruined his story.

So yeah artists are also important to comics and are crucial to the story depending the relationship, also if a writer gets a shitty artists some people won't read the comic no matter how good it is.
>>
>>91406238
I wouldn't mind an Elseworld type of line from Marvel.

DC at least is doing the Multiverse thing.
>>
Why don't they do a Shonen Jump-style book each month?
>>
>>91408339
Morrison and Quitely are on a different plane.
I more meant your average monthly comic, where the writer just tells the artist how he wants the story to go.
>>
>>91406757
Isn't there an artist at Marvel who has been begging Marvel to do another summer special? I remember hearing about that.
>>
>>91406294
Nobody cares about pencil monkeys. They have little to no actual input on the stories.

Besides, good writing can elevate bad art, but good art can't save a bad story.
>>
>>91409227
Tell that to the 90s.
>>
File: MillerASBARScript.jpg (17KB, 460x116px) Image search: [Google]
MillerASBARScript.jpg
17KB, 460x116px
>>91407115
there's some good ones out there
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.