[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My son, you are not Samurai. A samurai kills without remorse.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: Jack's_father.jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Jack's_father.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
My son, you are not Samurai. A samurai kills without remorse. You are a moralfag
>>
>>91400645

>it's an "op has no idea what he's talking about and gets everything wrong" episode

Mercy is literally one of the eight virtues of the Bushido Code.
>>
>>91400681
The Bushido code is also a load of horse shit, and the Samurai gained power by being money grubbing, self centered cunts.
>>
>>91400857

>the Samurai gained power by being money grubbing, self centered cunts

Some samurai were corrupt, but not all of them.
>>
>>91400681
Kid... are you being serious? That "mercy" was for fellow rich people and was a very loose guideline even in that case. 99% of samurai would gladly murder the everloving shit out of thousands of peasants for no reason and not give a single fuck.
>>
>>91400645
This guy looks like a penis in the thumbnail.
>>
>>91400876
Hoooly shit you are a retard. They literally made it a law that they were allowed to murder anyone who wasn't a samurai for no reason. This isn't a #notallsamurai situation, they were pieces of shit.
>>
>>91400681
When the makers of Age of Empires 2 were working on the Nobunaga scenario, they had intended it to be rescue mission. But Microsoft Japan then contacted Ensemble Studios and told them that samurai never took prisoners.

Samurai kill. They got paid in rice, so what need do they have for ransoming?
>>
File: 1453311988713.jpg (20KB, 243x240px) Image search: [Google]
1453311988713.jpg
20KB, 243x240px
>>91400857
>>91400899

Those samurai weren't jacks father, the guy that gave the people that killed his guards a chance to run away, so i guess he wasn't a samurai either

So i guess OP's point was retarded anyway since that's not something he would say
>>
>>91400681
Nigga, the Bushido Code is WW2 propaganda designed to make soldiers feel like "muh honouraboo samurai!"
The whole point was to inspire even more mindless devotion to the emperor.
>>
>>91400884
>>91400899
And don't forget that the bulk of the modern yakuza came from dispossessed samurai who were not given civil service or business posts after the feudal system was abolished in the Meiji Restoration.
>>
>>91400876
>Some samurai were corrupt, but not all of them.

They are literally a ruling class that started as warriors who took over when they realized there was nothing to stop them because they're the ones in charge of the army
>>
>>91400645
That's completely wrong but I lmao'ed anyway
>>
>>91400645
Samurai Jack is only loosely based on our world.
So a Samurai in this series is allowed to be different from a real one.
>>
>>91400645
Why is he called the emperor when he's actually a Daimyƍ or Shogun ?
>>
I didn't know /co/ was so anti-monarchist.
>>
>>91401059
Sorta what the Janissaries did in the Ottoman Empire
>>
>>91401000
This
Real "Bushido" is essentially just the nippon version of Islam
>>
>>91400857
so were knights, but that doesnt mean the code of chivalry wasnt something people tried to live up to.

Jack is clearly the noble ideal.
>>
>>91401252
>the code of chivalry wasnt something people tried to live up to.

I think much fewer people than you think ever tried to live up to that.
>>
>>91401018
Why do we keep doing that. Big social change happens, and everyone goes, "Well, I know you're out of a job mr. trained killer, hope you find something to do" and then act surprised when they become criminals and terrorists.
Its happened in the regular since Sargon of Akkad kicked the bucket.
>>
>>91401145
go on
>>
File: 1457712493178.jpg (12KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1457712493178.jpg
12KB, 253x199px
>>91400884
>>91400857
>>91401000

>Samurai that don't follow the bushido code are more Samurai that the ones that do

What kind of backwards logic is this? Is a corrupt police officer MORE of a cop than the ones that aren't corrupt? Leaving aside that the show presented the romantisiced version of the samurai for 4 seasons, how does he following the bushido code make him less of a samurai than the history counter parts that didn't? If anything he's a the ideal version of the samurai
>>
>>91401511
>Is a corrupt police officer MORE of a cop than the ones that aren't corrupt?
No, you're confused about history

This is similar to saying all cowboys engage in duels where they step three steps back and then cock their guns and just accept dying because that's the "cowboy code"

Bushido code is ww2 propaganda to fuel nationalist images in Japan, it never existed as something in practice

It's more samurai to not follow the Bushido code because the Bushido code didn't exist
>>
>>91401115

Janissaries did that on top of being dragged away from their homes and forcefully reeducated by their masters. It turns out that treating the guy with all your weapons like dirt tends to make him not like you much.
>>
>>91401563

Then if there's no code then a samurai is just a regular dude that knows how to stab people, then jack is still a samurai becouse samurai its just a title given by nobility
>>
File: rf jack pissed.png (282KB, 451x417px) Image search: [Google]
rf jack pissed.png
282KB, 451x417px
>>91400645
Yes, well, at least I'm alive.
>>
>>91400645
Why did they give him a tumblr nose in The Birth of Evil?
>>
>>91402602

He had a cold at the time.
>>
>Bushido
A bunch of 20th century bullshit guys.
Is nothing as old and ancient as you may want to believe.
http://www.koryu.com/library/kfriday2.html

http://ci.nii.ac.jp/naid/110006178651/en
>>
File: 1490587845162.png (385KB, 604x741px) Image search: [Google]
1490587845162.png
385KB, 604x741px
I was under the impression that he have killed plenty of creatures (and people) before, making it apt for kids by not being too graphic about it and making it heroic by using it only when there was absolutely no other choice, and now he sais it was the first time he does it?
>>
>>91402602
He'd been drinking. Asian Glow.
>>
>>91402602
It's a nose guard
>>
>>91401302
It gives the new regime an excuse to lock them up or execute them, removing any would be rebels and delegitimizing the old regime in the eyes of the public.
>>
>>91400645
That's actually hilarious.
>>
>>91402693
Jack's only killed robots and monsters. He doesn't see them as "people" despite any apparent sentience they had.
>>
>>91402602
He visited Tumblr recently and become enlightened and so enacted policies to reflect that in his kingdom
>>
>>91403094
>He doesn't see them as "people" despite any apparent sentience they had.
Is Jack the bad guy?
>>
>>91401563
>Bushido code is ww2 propaganda
So you would rather buy into Hollywood propaganda then?

Fucking americans thinking they have the right to speak when all they do is speak out of their ass.
>>
>>91403094
So, did Boris just fainted?
>>
>>91403112
The sword cut them, therefore they're bad.
>>
>>91403094
>>91403351
Oh, and monsters have "real flesh and blood" too.
#monsterslivesmatter
>>
>>91403337
What ?
>>
>>91402602
Blocky colored shapes used as noses has existed as a style choice before even the internet existed. Colored noses in general too. Don't know why the style change though, probably because it's been over a decade and that's something that changes.
>>
>>91401563
Then why did the Japs decide to ravage China, Korea, Philippines
>>
>>91402472
Well he is alive; somewhere, sometime
>>
>>91400681
>>91400857
bushido code is just a poor mans Code of Chivalry
>>
File: 1428960774423.jpg (14KB, 304x296px) Image search: [Google]
1428960774423.jpg
14KB, 304x296px
>>91402602
Some people can develop a minor medical condition that causes them to develop reddish noses,especially as they grow older. This has a genetic and ethnic predisposition, so some groups are more likely to develop it than others, such as the Japanese or the English. Some genetic groups within nations may also be predisposed towards developing these conditions, so people from one part of a country may be more likely to develop red noses than people from another part of the same country. Google tells me that, and that men develop it more often than women. Tumblr artists tried to represent that, but used it out of context with characters who had no history of flushed noses. Then other artists on Tumblr copied that because they're mediocre artists who can only come up with ideas by copying others, using a flushed nose with even less context. This became so proliferated that anons started making fun of it.

In this case, Jacks dad is just supposed to be somewhat old, and has developed a red nose due to a hereditary condition causing his nose to swell up a bit and become red. Basically, red nose=tough old man. At least that's what I think Genndy was trying to convey. He doesn't have it outside of Birth of Evil because of minor inconsistent art, which Genndys productions are bit prone to in my opinion.
>>
>>91404967
He's been in battle before, could his blood vessels in his nose been broken before in a fight?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.