[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really liked it. I thought I wasn't but it turned out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

I really liked it. I thought I wasn't but it turned out really good.
Did you like it /co/?
What was your favorite song?
Mine was Moana's theme, I liked Shiny and You're welcome but Moana's song feeld really grand and awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UpGDU9kFho&index=4&list=PLXsTYn-i7cbcb3Usvt9o8uxLQTV3g8hun
>that moment where it plays for the third time and the lyrics change
Where does it rank among the animated films?
I rank it higher than zootopia if I'm honest, but I like Rapunzel a little more.
General Disney movies thread I guess
>>
>>91399526
no, was boring and unfunny. At least it didnt have drug references in it which is what ruined zootopia for me.

not everything has to be a general too
>>
Animation was amazing and the songs were great too, but I thought the plot was kinda weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EboJrjl_ELI

I love this song, wish it was longer.
>>
File: MOANA-MOANA.jpg (648KB, 4585x1920px) Image search: [Google]
MOANA-MOANA.jpg
648KB, 4585x1920px
>>91399526

Good things: Music on-point, even god-tier. Gorgeous animation. Baby Moana.

Drawbacks: That fucking chicken. Maui fucking off and then suddenly coming back without the slightest explanation. Tamatoa only has one scene (not counting end titles). Not enough baby Moana.

But nothing in Moana bothered me as much as Frozen did, though. Frozen's story was fucked, top to bottom, and no one seems to give a shit because waifu lesbians and LET IT GOOOOOO
>>
>>91399780
Frozen's a big piece of shit. If it didn't have that one mega-hit propping it up the soundtrack would otherwise be completely forgettable.
>>
>>91399526
I'm surprised by how much I didn't like it.

After amazing, groundbreaking movies like Wreck-It Ralph and Zootopia, Moana felt very bland and by-the-numbers. The animation, locations, and songs were fun, but it just didn't stand out to me. I'd rewatch most Disney movies anyday, but Moana... eh.

It's almost like they're relying on the strong female protagonist angle to carry the movie. And to be honest, it kinda works. Look what happened with Brave.
>>
>>91399780
>Frozen's story was fucked, top to bottom
elaborate?
>>
>>91399957
>>91399816
>>91399780
>>91399703
>>91399600
none of you guys would actually get it because youre not a pacific islander. We're under represented and oppressed in films, especially hollywood. Moana was groundbreaking because its the first film to realistically depict islanders without any whitewashing or undrealistic expectations.
>>
>>91399526
Pretty as all hell, great songs, the story was fine, liked it a whole lot.

>>91399780
>>91399816
Yeah pretty much, not even bandwagoning or hipstering or any other -ing shit here, Frozen was just incredibly overrated and I'd rather listen to someone pound sheet metal than hear Let It Go ever again.
>>
File: moana_147383069900.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
moana_147383069900.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>91399780
https://youtu.be/XX4VFbxZ5PA
>>
>>91399997
Actually, the pacific islander aspect was very good; it was great to see a different culture for a change. I also enjoyed that Moana wasn't the typical Disney princess fare as far as the storyline went, especially the end. But I've only seen it once and nothing sticks out more in my memory than Maui running away and leaving Moana to do everything herself, but then he reappears at the end to save the day.

Also, fuck that goddamn chicken. I could've stomached it if the pig had tagged along as well, like the trailers had implied.

>>91400014
Baby Moana always makes me feel better.
>>
/co/'s liking of the movie is proportional to how much they want to fuck Tamatoa.
>>
File: The_Trolls_(Frozen).jpg (95KB, 594x370px) Image search: [Google]
The_Trolls_(Frozen).jpg
95KB, 594x370px
>>91399980
>>
File: tumblr_oiiim2BjT31sqjtkeo1_400.gif (640KB, 268x347px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oiiim2BjT31sqjtkeo1_400.gif
640KB, 268x347px
>>91400100
Well, have you ever seen anyone so--
>SHI-NEEEYY
>>
>>91400085
>But I've only seen it once and nothing sticks out more in my memory than Maui running away and leaving Moana to do everything herself
exactly, the capture the pacific islanderr almost perfectly

the chicken was worse than was if you know what i mean
>>
>>91399997
>to realistically depict islanders
lierally no one but Moana and Maui actually had a personality, Moana is the strong independent womyn that has been done a million times before, and Maui had the same role as Nick Wilde except less attractive and less likable

so go fuck yourself, this was the same shit disney pulled with every CGI movie except also with some nice looking water
>>
>>91400085
>Also, fuck that goddamn chicken. I could've stomached it if the pig had tagged along as well, like the trailers had implied.

Fuck that fucking chicken, the pig was way better
>>
>>91399526
One of the best movies. Glad the Polish dubbing get prise from the creators.
Polish shiny > English Shiny.

Yes Shiny is my favorite song.
>>
>>91399780
You. I like you. For noticing problems with Frozen story. That movie was like 6 Disney movies mashed together and glued by songs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.