[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that you can tell a lot about a person's personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: rs-164375-T8DTEMU_EC001_H.jpg (52KB, 480x534px) Image search: [Google]
rs-164375-T8DTEMU_EC001_H.jpg
52KB, 480x534px
Is it true that you can tell a lot about a person's personality from which ninja turtle is their favorite?
>>
>>91383157
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seu7o8Gw99s

Mikey
>>
Just their preferences. I prefer Raph, but I'm closer to Don as far personality goes.
>>
I'm boring and straightlaced with delusions of grandeur and a superiority complex, so I'm always drawn to the Leonardo type in these things. I'm also a Cyclops fan.
>>
I was a fan of Donatello as a kid but I can't seem to stand him now.

Nowadays I only have nostalgia for the old movie version of Raph.
>>
I've only met one person irl who prefers Don over the other turtles.
>>
>>91383157
Sorta

>Leo
Either the "bossy" kid who wanted to give the orders, or the "boring" kid who just takes whatever is in front of him and goes "that's ok"

>Don
"lol he's a smart one I can relate".

>Raph
"lol he's the smart alec I can relate"

>Mikey
"lol he's the funny one I can relate"
>>
>>91384283
>>Raph
>"lol he's the smart alec I can relate"

So that's what Raph was to 80's kids? I grew up on the 2003 cartoon and the live action movies on home video so to me Raph was the edgy, aggressive, and easy to anger one. Raph was also my favorite. Raph wasn't a reflection of my personality at the time though. I was actually pretty well-behaved albeit a bit hyperactive due to my ADHD.
>>
>>91383157
Every kid who liked Donatello best turned out gay, or at least bi, no exceptions. Not even joking.

>>91385471
Raph was toned down to be more kid-friendly and less like a gigantic asshole than his original incarnation
>>
i liked them all except mikey. his quips and catchphrases annoyed the shit out of me.
>>
>>91388277
>i liked them all except mikey. his quips and catchphrases annoyed the shit out of me.

Don't you mean annoyed the shell out of you?
>>
>>91385506
>Every kid who liked Donatello best turned out gay, or at least bi, no exceptions. Not even joking.
You ain't completely wrong
>>
IDW > Mirage > Rest

Movie 1 > Bay Movie 2 > Movie 2007 > Movie 2 > Bay 1 > Movie 3

2003 > 2012 > 80s > Next Mutation
>>
>>91385506
Is Donatello the Yoshi of Ninja Turtles
>>
>>91383157
My favorite color was green, so I didn't get to choose based off of bandana color. Went with Mikey since the only thing more hilarious to 10 year old me than beating up bad guys with a stick (Donatello) was beating them up with sticks held together by chains.
>>
>>91385471
Yea in the 80's show Raph was the joking one that quipped every time some said or did anything.

Mikey was the hugely popular one with surfer dude talk, and was not considered to be the dumb one or problem one at all either. Different times.....
>>
>>91391378
>>91395368
Mikey was the most popular for a lot of reasons

Kids fucking love nunchuks, and yea he was the surfer dude speak one that said cowabunga all the time and was mostly portrayed as the "cool" one at the time. Total 180 from almost all modern depictions. And he was the one that was the most into pizza although all the 80's turtles were really into the pizza thing

Raph was the lighthearted jokester that made comments at the camera all the time. Absolutely nothing like his angry personal that is seen everywhere else.
>>
>>91395475
>Total 180 from almost all modern depictions

I don't know if I would agree entirely with that. I haven't then really kept up with TMNT in recent years but I think Mikey still talks a surfer dude and says cowabunga a lot in his modern depictions. It's just that he's portrayed as a dumb goofball instead of being the "cool" one. May be wrong on this though who knows?
>>
Best incarnation of each turtle

Leonardo
>2012 cartoon
Donatello
>2003 cartoon
Raphael
>1990 movie
Michelangelo
>1987 cartoon

Fight me.
>>
>>91383205
I'm not paying for those.
>>
I guess so... Leonardo was my favorite, and I was the oldest of 5 brothers. That "NO EXCUSES WHEN YOU ARE THE LEADER" bit in the 07 movie resonated too strongly with me.
>>
>>91397318
At the same time this would be the single most dysfunctional group of turtles ever
>>
>>91398167
So the most near perfect show we could get.
>>
File: 2520980-turtle1588.jpg (133KB, 960x734px) Image search: [Google]
2520980-turtle1588.jpg
133KB, 960x734px
>IDW probably won't reprint Mirage Volume 4 and Laird won't finish it
Make Volume 4 great again
>>
>>91385506
>Every kid who liked Donatello best turned out gay, or at least bi, no exceptions.
Can confirm.
>>
>>91383157
I cant exactly remember why, but growing up with the original series, I always liked Donatello the best

Better question is: what is the best portrayal of the turtles? Both visually and characteristics wise

Do you prefer them to all look the same with different colors. or with minor/ not so minor changes like skin tones or the bayturtles?
>>
What if I liked Shredder?
>>
I can't pick a favorite turtle but Splinter is my favorite character.
>>
>>91398965

I like them with minor differences, but I think it makes more sense that they're same but diff colors
>>
>>91383157
I dunno I liked Leo because he had 2 swords and my names is Leo as well
>>
>>91383157
i always liked don
i always remember same as it never was, which is my favorite episode

i cry every time, without irony
>>
>>91398965
>Better question is: what is the best portrayal of the turtles?
Visually I think the 2012 series has the perfect balance of each turtle being visually distinct but also not too dissimilar. They have different body types, different skin colors, and you can tell a lot about them in their subtle differences. Bay movies go way too far with making them all visually distinct and most others don't go far enough.
In terms of characteristics, I'd say the 1990 movie has the best overall.
>>91399043
Then you're a man of taste.

Shredder was always my favorite too.
>>
>>91399043
I thought shredder looked cool but he was such a jobber
>>
>>91391063
>Bay Movie 2 > Movie 2007 > Movie 2
Defend this.
>>
>>91383157

Don was the best because he actually hit people with his weapon. Raph and Leo couldn't because their blades would kill. Only Don and Mikey did and Don is the cooler of the two.
>>
>>91401211
gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum
>>
File: $_57vsfdsfsd.png (1MB, 980x710px) Image search: [Google]
$_57vsfdsfsd.png
1MB, 980x710px
Movie 1>Movie 2>Forever=2007>Bay 2>Bay 1=Movie 3
>>
>>91401668
Stop your autism by ranking everything. SOTO is meh by the way people just like by nostalgia and for Henson costumes. It's closer to the third movie than the first.
>>
>>91385506
i liked donatello and i'm straight hell i'm a 0 on the Kelsey scale.
>>
What about Casey fans?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.