[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Artist Ardian Syaf Hid Anti-Christian And Jewish Messages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 14

File: x-men gold.jpg (181KB, 740x1137px) Image search: [Google]
x-men gold.jpg
181KB, 740x1137px
No thread about this? This is karma biting Marvel in the ass for years of shitty creative teams on X-Men and pushing the Inhumans.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170408211743/https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/08/marvel-artist-ardian-syaf-hid-anti-christian-jewish-messages-weeks-x-men-comic/
>>
>>91377259
there was one earlier but it hit bump limit and fell off
>>
>>91377259
This is thread #3 OP, way to slow poke
>>
We already had a thread that hit the bump limit on it.

There was a bunch of people denying it for some reason even though the artist basically confirmed it on his facebook page
>>
>>91377259
Rich actually got it from here and Reddit.
>>
>>91377291
Yep, and I would really rather not have another. I think what this artist did is inappropriate and expect he will be fired (and I think he should be) but the threads here are so tiresome because of how it becomes muh Islam.
>>
>>91377292
It's because the guy is Muslim. It's okay for them to hate Jews and other Non-Muslims because they don't know better.
>>
>>91377322
>Fuck off already /pol/
You're right muslims should be allowed to put "hate speech" in x-men comics"
>>
>>91377322
While it's true /pol/ would be super invested in pushing this, just having a complaint about it doesn't mean you're /pol/.
>>
Geez Marvel Comics seriously has not got any good press lately lol.

First, the "Diversity killed comics" comments, then the "artists don't sell books so fuck the artists" then the "we are doing more overpriced 10 dollar shit comics", Now this lol.
>>
Marvel editorial proving there are no bounds on their ability to fuck up.

I still can't believe Will Moss is editing the America book.
>>
>>91377412
>First, the "Diversity killed comics" comments, then the "artists don't sell books so fuck the artists" then the "we are doing more overpriced 10 dollar shit comics"
Those were all the same interview FYI.
>>
>>91377412

It's kinda hilarious how they keep tripping over their dick and I'm someone who loves marvel
>>
>>91377433
Oh god I didn't know that

Fucking hell Marvel.
>>
>>91377322
I hate lost /pol/tards ruining other boards too, but if you're okay with coded hate speech in an x-men comic as long as they're brown there's something wrong with you
>>
File: 23603371.jpg (50KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
23603371.jpg
50KB, 500x365px
the only Marvel fans left are casuals who only watch the movies
>>
>>91377460
>Being against bigotry against Jews and Christians
>Somehow a /pol/ stance
>>
>>91377486
Make me, you pissant
>>
>>91377460
What's /pol/ about this? I'm being genuine here: I can't stand the cross-/pol/inization of 4chan and I've been here for years, but I still don't think it's appropriate for this guy to be putting Islamist messages from Indonesian politics in the X-Men Gold comic book.

I don't hate black people women or Jews. I don't think the Nazis were right. I'm not a Trump supporter, etc, etc. I still don't agree with this.
>>
>>91377501
Perdon, non entiendo
>>
>>91377501
You are really that retarded aren't you?
>>
>>91377461
I mean large parts of it were taken out of context but yeah, it was pretty much a "hold my beer" moment.
>>
>>91377541
No
>>
>>91377413

I don't blame them, I mean it's rather obscure.
>>
>Marvel pratfalls in their attempt to publish a safe meat and potatoes x-book
Can't win for losing.
This guy's an idiot for putting this stuff in the highest profile book he's done. Just fuck my career up senpai.
>>
>Thor fan
>Last 4 years have been so bad I dropped comics period

I liked Thor when it was a Journey into Mystery not a Journey into stupidity.
>>
>>91377516
Vete a la mierda /pol/
>>
>>91377541
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, anon.
>>
>>91377541
Fuck /pol/ and fuck you
>>
>>91377322
>>91377460
>anti-Jewish hidden message
>/pol/
Shouldn't you be looking for a high glucose syrup sauce on Reddit, kid?
>>
>>91377541
>>91377501

Just ignore the retard.
>>
>>91377550
You don't have to immediately get the reference, but when there's a repeated number thrown into the comic book or a quote on a t-shirt you should be looking into it. It's as simple as asking the artist what it refers to. They didn't do that, obviously. Marvel has absolute shit-tier editing these days in every respect.

>>91377557
What's funny is the Sif JiM was 1000 times a better book than current Jane Thor.
>>
>>91377259
When should we expect an official response from Marvel?
>>
>>91377534
Was the "we can't make our trades cheaper because people might want to buy them instead of floppies" the same interview?
>>
>>91377614
Yes, it was an interview with one of Marvel's chief sales/marketing execs. I would not expect another one of those for a few decades.
>>
Maybe after this, they start to have editors doing actual editor's work again.
>>
File: 455e.png (224KB, 1059x621px) Image search: [Google]
455e.png
224KB, 1059x621px
>>91377601
apparently there was one

https://twitter.com/XavierFiles/status/850822243617779713/photo/1
>>
>>91377591

>What's funny is the Sif JiM was 1000 times a better book than current Jane Thor.

no it wasn't!

>>91377614

you gotta admire the blatant capitalism coming out though
>>
>>91377601
Sana Amanat and G. Willow Wilson are already working on a letter condemning islamophobes
>>
>>91377591
I think my biggest issue with Thor is; it's pretty clear they don't like the Fantasy Aspect. Jane Thor has ramrodded over the Nine Realms mythos with a steamroller and everything Mystical has been flattened by boring atypical comic quips and this pathological hatred Marvel has for having a story get serious beyond drama.
>>
>>91377631
no one would would catch hidden messages about islamic stuff unless the editor was already extremely familiar with the topic
>>
>>91377259
Hope he gets fired.
>>
>>91377670
>fire a muslim
Unlikely
>>
>>91377631
To be fair, would ANYONE that isn't familiar with Indonesian politics know what the number 212 means?
For instance, I didn't know that 14 and 88 were white supremacist numbers until quite recently.
>>
>>91377670

He's not white, so he won't be.
>>
>>91377638
Marvel is going to fuck this up somehow by not firing him.
>>
>>91377665
I mean, it's not like they look like random numbers and letters, anon. At the very last, one would have wonder what they meant and so start to research about them. Just with a bit of curiosity and a bit of common sense.
>>
Actually similar thread died on /pol with only two or three replies. Twice.
>>
>>91377665
You can catch a reference without understanding what a reference is. The number 51 is in multiple places in the issue and then in the format of a Quran quote on clothing.

The Jew > Kitty thing also should have raised a few eyebrows. I don't believe editorial is actually making a pass over books these days honestly. I don't know what they are doing.
>>
>>91377638
>This artwork will be removed
Good

>Disciplinary action is being taken
Will he be fired and blacklisted?
>>
>>91377650
Literally everything is better than Current jane Foster Thor.

>First Arc is lazy Malekith shit
>Then we have evil corporate Minotaur god
>Then we have rebellion against Malekith shit that strangles any sense of fantasy of Mythology with "Witty" characters and avoiding as much worldbuilding as possible

And I think now we have Jane trying to tussle with the Shi'ar gods, who are now huge dicks for some reason and make you question how the Shi'ar Empire became so big with Gods who like Mass genocide as a sport.

Let's not forget Jane Foster is entirely detrimental to "Odinson" as a character and her actions make his entire reason for "Falling" utterly wrong.
>>
Why is it ok for Muslims to be racist and xenophonic but not other groups?
>>
>>91377638
This was good, but I'm not satiated. I want complete public humiliation, anon.
>>
>>91377741

Odinson was fucking boring and you know it.
>>
>>91377753
It's not ok.
That's why we're having a discussion, to begin with.
/pol/ pls go.
>>
>>91377722
Not really... you see repeated numbers, either you think they have some harmless meaning to the artist\author or you ask them.

Going and looking for numbers without the context isn't exactly easy to find the correct answer.

If they noticed, they might have asked the artist who would have likely lied about them.
>>
>>91377728
>I don't believe editorial is actually making a pass over books these days honestly. I don't know what they are doing.

the bendis stuff over the past years is clear evidence of how lax is marvel editorial these days
>>
>It wouldn’t be the first time comic book creators have snuck messages into comic books. Ethan Van Sciver spent most of his time on New X-Men hiding the word “Sex” in the background.

lmao
>>
>>91377771
Several of Bendis's x-stories were rewritten late in the process so weird behind-the-scenes stuff was going on there.
>>
>>91377770
But if you at least do the last part then the artist is in a much worse position and you can prove they are the sole person to blame. And you can take action more easily too.

It doesn't look like they'll fire this guy if this is legit >>91377638 but maybe they're just looking more into it.
>>
>>91377770
>If they noticed, they might have asked the artist who would have likely lied about them.
Well, that, I can see it happening.
Maybe I'm just a too curious and obstinate person (with lots of free time to begin with).
>>
>>91377259
BUY THE COMIC, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!
THEY ARE GOING TO OMIT THOSE PARTS FROM REPRINTS AND MAYBE EVEN RECALL UNSOLD ISSUES, SO THE RARE ANTI-CHRISTIAN AND ANTI-JEWISH ISSUES WILL GO FOR MORE MONEY!
>>
>>91377741

>tfw you don't wanna get into this but disagree

will say I thought Beta Ray Bill did a good job addressing the deal with the revelation of Fury's whisper.

>who are now huge dicks for some reason and make you question how the Shi'ar Empire became so big with Gods who like Mass genocide as a sport.

one of the most famous bible stories is about a flood that kills 99% of life on earth sent by god
>>
>>91377790
He still put Cambridge in London though.
>>
>>91377797

"disciplinary action" can mean firing
its just a more diplomatic way to say you are taking action.
>>
>>91377722
It's not a common western sort of hate speech. I don't blame the editorial here even though they're generally shit.
>>
>>91377765
No he wasn't.

Thor is at his best when he is full "God of Thunder" mode and the Gorr Arc proved that.

Jane Foster adds literally nothing to the role of Thor. Right now, the ENTIRE Shi'ar Arc would ironically BETTER if it was Odinson, because HE is the one that tackles the idea that Gods are not always a good thing in the Universe.

Thor is THE Superman EXPY for Marvel, and no amount of SJW shit will ever fill that hole Thor expressed.

>>91377816
Yeah, but the Shi'ar Arc implies they do this rather frequently, God in the bible says "Ok I won't do that shit again that was hardcore"
>>
>>91377753
There are some instances where people consider Muslims a race. So a critique on their religious would be considered a racist statement. It's the same sense that people have by calling anyone against jews, "anti-Semitic" despite Semitic being a culture group rather then a race.

It's basically just idiots.
>>
>>91377815
Oh shit. This anon's right. But I don't want to support current Marvel. Fuck.
>>
File: spiderman-sad[1].jpg (38KB, 200x173px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman-sad[1].jpg
38KB, 200x173px
>>91377465
>tfw used be biggest Marvel fag
>Remember the huge universe of relatable characters and stories we got, there where ups and downs but the goods always outweighed the bad
>see Marvel today, obviously not even trying anymore
>get even sadder remembering all the great stories they used to put out
its easier to accept Marvel died with 616 after Secret Wars
>>
>>91377703
>Attacking jews while doing art for Guggenheim
Yeah, he's fucked. Probably going to be blacklisted. If you're not white, you can attack whites. Go after jews and you're fuuuuuuuucked.
>>
>>91377412
>Practically every mainstream media source which reported on those diversity comments accurately said it was Marvel's lack of quality/immaginatio that was the actual cause for the slump.

That was a suprising and good day.
>>
>>91377874
Benching the Fantastic Four was really indicative of the way things were going.
>>
>>91377797
We don't actually know neither the contract of the guy nor what actually happened.

What's here >>91377638 is a standard answer, they aren't likely to say anything more specific until they get a word with their lawyers

>>91377814
I believe it's a mix of good faith(why would the editors think he'd out something like that? A lucky number or personal meaning is much more likely) and having to watch over many things in short time(Marvel artists are usually always late) are the answer.
>>
>>91377884
Unfortunately a lot of those same sites will say there's nothing wrong with Angela, Jane-Thor, Hellcat, Mockingbird, America, Wasp....
>>
>>91377882
It doesnt matter if he isnt blacklisted. Jewish writers and strongly jewish-sympathetic writers (most of Big2) are not gonna want to have anything to do with this guy

He is gonna end up drawing back ups for some mormon weekly comic
>>
>>91377565
Look we all know where threads like this are going to end up so better to just tell OP and all other post like his to fuck off because fuck him and his fishing.

As many people pointed out this isn't even subliminal messages because nobody even gave it a second thought. It's like making a character who is supposed to be death but you dress him in all white
>>91377728
Sign said jewellery
>>91377741
>who are now huge dicks for some reason
Did we even know anything about the Shi'ar gods before this?
>how the Shi'ar Empire became so big with Gods who like Mass genocide as a sport.
Same way humanity came to be 8 billion people
>>
>>91377916
The F4 started everything and it ended all with them
>>
>>91377638

You better believe if this was someone hating on muslims the guy would have been fired, this guy probably won't even lose his job.

Marvel are dogshit these days.
>>
>>91377797
Isn't it work for hire? They can just not give him work. He doesn't seem good enough to have an exclusive.
>>
>>91377361
/pol/ here, Comics are cucked no matter what and you should be ashamed of getting taken over by SJW and feminists
>>
>>91377943
>who is supposed to be death but you dress him in all white

in some cultures the color white is associated with death instead of black
>>
>>91377960
Do comic artists sign contracts? Because I imagine that if the artist signed a contract saying he has to do 10 or so issues then terminating that contract might give Marvel some legal troubles
>>
>>91377943
As much as Our gods are sort of Dicks in the Marvel universe, they don't summon tidal waves for fun anymore.

Shi'ar ones apparently do.
>>
>>91377753
Because Islam is a cancer and muslims are murdering people daily because of their beliefs.

I know that sounds retarded, but that's basically the case.
>>
>>91377943
I don't know what the deleted post said, but as far as I understand the current issue, the problem is that this kind of hidden messages encourage hate-speakers and extremists who know the meaning of such symbols.

It's not harmless, and is quite toxic for Marvel as a company PR wise..
>>
File: -016.jpg (350KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
-016.jpg
350KB, 1000x1537px
>>91377960
marvel writers have taken subtle jabs at islamic stuff for a while
its only when its overly blatant and dumb (from either side) that there is a problem
>>
>>91377991
I know, that's my point. But shit like that won't register here in the west now will it? DC death's wouldn't be the same if you dressed her in white
>>91377998
You're right, they don't summon tidal waves anymore. Instead they do something much worse

Look who the put in charge in some nations of the world
>>
>>91377992
>>91377964
Some artists do sign contracts for certain number of years.
>>
>>91377884
So if they improve quality and imagination we can stop swapping characters genders/races/sexuality?
>>
>>91377501
>>91377486
If you weren't autistic you could just say your complaint is about political opinions on the comics board. You'd still have no grounds however, because the topic is the content of a comic book, but at least you wouldn.t be as autistic as you are right now.
>>
>>91378029
is that Spurrier?
you can always count on britons for some edginess
>>
>>91378030
I'm talking about the Marvel universe, not ours anon.

Marvel Gods have been hands off for like 300 years until Thor and Herc showed up a bit more.
>>
>>91377259
>when you go so far to the left that you end up supporting the slaughter of infidels and subjugation of women.
>>
>>91377975
Are there any big titles that haven't been contaminated?
>>
>>91377943
The sign said jewelry with the letters JEW being clear and ELRY being visually muddled with the hair.
>>
>>91378015
>the problem is that this kind of hidden messages encourage hate-speakers and extremists who know the meaning of such symbols.
So we can expect Captain America fans to turn towards Fascism and might-makes-right in the coming years?

The thing about hidden messages is that they might not even register on people who knows the meaning of such symbols.
>>
>>91378030

Loki didn't become a world leader did he?? or does he somehow get convoluted credit for Dark Reign?
>>
File: doom and dracula.jpg (566KB, 1237x1920px) Image search: [Google]
doom and dracula.jpg
566KB, 1237x1920px
>>91378054
Only certain Brits. Cornell and Ewing are thoroughly cucked.
>>
>>91377874
>reparable characters
>marvel

This is how I know you were always casual.
>>
>>91378072
Not that anon, but comics in general are pretty damn left leaning, so I imagine they're few and far between.
>>
>>91378088
no he actually helped end dark reign, by fucking with osborn's mind/meds
>>
>>91378039
>>91377964

This should be grounds for termination in any event, unless it's a message Marvel condones of course.
>>
>>91378039
All marvel artists and writers are work-for-hire. Even ones with longstanding contracts. All of their work with Marvel defaults the copyrights to Marvel. That's what work-for-hire means.
>>
>>91378081
>So we can expect Captain America fans to turn towards Fascism and might-makes-right in the coming years?
I honestly don't know what you're impling with this point.

Isn't the message in Hydra Cap clearly anti-fascist? As in "this is clearly bad, guys: I'm evulz"?
>>
>>91378121
That's what I'm saying I guess. There might not be anything to officially terminate.
>>
>>91378122
Oh, I see.
Here it means work for certain work done. Like, you give me 30, and I'll pay you for them, no matter the time.
>>
Marlel just cannot catch a break from these PR disasters lately. If they weren't so shit, people would actually sympathize.
>>
There's mother fuckers on cbr defending this fuck.
>>
>>91378061
Different worlds different Gods, nobody on Marvel Earth even worships their old gods anymore.
>>91378100
I see no problem here, Doom does not see race. He only sees everyone not being him
>>
>>91378100
Usually you can tell a cucked British writer when they try and "Get into American comics" as fast as possible.

They try and throw off the British Comic prose because British Comic writing is rather antagonistic to petty whining.
>>
>>91378100
Would anyone else love to see an arc about heroes dealing with real world political problems?

Cosmics removed of course.
>>
File: x-men gold no feet spread.jpg (470KB, 1280x984px) Image search: [Google]
x-men gold no feet spread.jpg
470KB, 1280x984px
>>91378121
Eh, I wouldn't want a decent artist fired for putting a 1488 in a page. I'd rather he get a one-time warning.
I mean this guy's not great by any means, but whoever ends up replacing him could be much worse.
>>
File: DChads.jpg (56KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
DChads.jpg
56KB, 612x459px
>buying Marvel comics

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>91378189
According to the article Syaf did the same at DC.
>>
>>91378169
The same people who were defending this guy here blaming this thing on /pol/ most likely.
>>
>>91377259
Nothing of value was lost, the comic was shit anyway
>>
>>91378183
>Like you have no idea
This is where I dropped this piece of shit comic. Fuck you, Kitty, fuck you, Guggenheim.
>>
>>91378126
>Isn't the message in Hydra Cap clearly anti-fascist
No because watch as they give us a story where Hydra Cap has created a world with no more conflicts and rivalry between Nations. Because he took them all over

The Dr.Doom route
>>
>>91378170
>Different worlds different Gods, nobody on Marvel Earth even worships their old gods anymore

You don't need to directly worship a god to give it power, Herc's book explains this.

Even so, it doesn't make sense the Shi'ar are super advanced, peaceful and a huge galactic force, while also being slapped around by their gods for fun.

NOTHING in the Shi'ar story beforehand mentioned this, it's just pisspoor writing. Especially Gladiator being a whimp when he can go toe to toe with Thor on a good day.
>>
>>91378100
To be fair, Doom would definitely see himself as above religion, let along religious xenophobia. Plus what the fuck does he care about the rise of Islamic countries, he has an antagonistic relationship with every western country. He basically runs an Eastern European version of North Korea.
>>
>>91378170
That's true. Still, I'd have thought Doom would be smart enough to realise a political movement isn't a race.
>>
>>91377345
From what I have generally read, Indonesian Islam seems to be getting more and more tinges of politicization (am from a neighbouring country facing the same atmosphere). But I'm not sure myself, I have not even much a clue of Indonesian politics. Better ask them yourselves.

I'm honestly astounded someone had the guts to do this. I don't know what's the equivalent...some gaijin crew puts a Dem/Repub related meme as a background thing in some anime?

>>91377655
>White American Muslim convert has anything to do with this Southeast Asian political easter egg
>>
>>91378170
Islam's not a race and Doom not seeing that culture as a threat to his one nation under Doom is ridiculous.
>>
>>91378231
All Islam is Politicized because the Hadeth calls for Sharia law.

It's why Islam is the problem in the first place. Nobody would give a shit about Islam if it kept to itself with it's funny clothes like Mormons.
>>
>>91378183
Everyone is mad about a muslim hating on jews (Wow, who'd have thought it?) but the real criminal is the writer.

That dialogue.
>>
File: tumblr_m660ccvmjw1qk26dzo1_500.gif (156KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m660ccvmjw1qk26dzo1_500.gif
156KB, 500x478px
>>91377465
I'm 25 years old. I grew up watching Spider-Man and X-Men on Fox, I had all the Marvel SNES games and for my 10th birthday my grandfather gave me his X-Men, F4 and Spider-Man comic from when he was a kid.

I can honestly say to you at this point MCU is canon for me, the comics are now the side alt universe.
>>
While they're at it, could they drop Guggenheim from the title too?
>>
>>91377943
>It's like making a character who is supposed to be death but you dress him in all white
Imagine being this unimaginative and ignorant. Let me guess, all baddies should dress in black and red, right?
>>
>>91378214
I dunno, anon. I mean: I don't read captain america regularly, but I would say that he's creating a poisoned, even if warless, world. And I see Sam as the good, relatable to the readers there.

It may be just me, tho.
>>
>>91378231
Missed a word, I meant:
>Better ask the Indonesians yourselves on whatever that's going on there.

Yeah.
>>
>>91377943
>Sign said jewellery
Don't be obtuse. It was a descriptor roght next to a prominent Jewish character. IRL jews are very sensitive about that kinda thing, which is something that presumably any cogent editor would notice if they paid attention. Without the rest of the context that might not be so bad. But as whole the intent is pretty clear.
>>
>>91378205
I don't see anything there about DC besides mentioning he worked for them before.
>>
>>91377975
Comic books have always been left-leaning, you ignorant dumbass. Go back to your safe space echo chamber.
>>
>>91377259
Are Marvel cursed or just hiring the worst people on purpose?
>>
>>91378236
>Doom not having the utmost confidence in his people having unquestioning faith in him and him alone.

Ummmn
>>
>>91378304
he sneaked stuff about his country's president on background billboards. its all out there if you bother to look

it wasnt anywhere near in the level of the stuff he did at marvel tho
>>
>>91378100

>Dr Doom is too stupid to realize Islamophobia has absolutely nothing to do with racism since it's a faith, not a skin color

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Virtue signaling at its finest. Someone please tell me who is the hack that wrote this drivel so I can avoid books with his name on them
>>
>>91378217
The only reason the gods are being dicks at the moment is because they are challenging Thor on who is the superior God. You win by getting the most prays. Bad times is a easy way to score prays

NOTHING in the Shi'ar story beforehand mentioned this because it has never been bought up before, and don't cry retcon because it isn't one.
>>91378236
On what ground does Doom have to see that culture as a threat to his own? Does Muslim nations have Anti-Doom bots lying around?
>>
>>91378313
Only X men you idiots
>>
>>91378183
If this was a DC comic there'd have been 4 faggots already saying this is house style and dropping the artist won't make much of a difference since they can just as easily get another Jim Lee clone.
>>
>>91378339
I see it now. I ctrl+f'd for DC and missed the Batgirl part.
>>
>>91378270
>I can honestly say to you at this point MCU is canon for me, the comics are now the side alt universe.

Well, the comics do kinda look a lot like a distopian future someone forgot to prevent at this point, so I can't really blame you.
>>
>>91378112
>reparable
phone poster go and stay go
>>
>>91378371
>If this was a DC comic there'd have been 4 faggots already saying this is house style

What's your point? Can't you see why the DC style is fine for DC but not for Marvel?
>>
>>91378285
Of course not, sometimes he can be purple.
>Imagine being this unimaginative and ignorant
And that's what we are about these recent messages in X-men Gold. unimaginative and ignorant, we looked at them and nobody gave it a second thought
>>91378076
>>91378303
Is it really any different from having her walking around with a star of David necklaces?
>>
>>91377259

Marvel makes comics for literal terrorists now. Bravo
>>
File: CaptainAmericaGreatAgain.jpg (114KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainAmericaGreatAgain.jpg
114KB, 894x894px
>>91378313
What I wouldn't give for a hero that rises above that nonsense, I'd read that.
>>
File: Batman And Robin #18 016.jpg (467KB, 1280x1973px) Image search: [Google]
Batman And Robin #18 016.jpg
467KB, 1280x1973px
>>91378344
Good news, Paul Cornell doesn't do big two comics anymore. Last time I checked he was on a Vampirella reboot that probably fizzled out.
He has written some great/good comics, and he wrote this back before the current iteration of radical feminism went mainstream, but on the subject of Islam/brown women the guy loses his mind (he also wrote a comic for DC where a Mexican woman became president).
>>
>>91378366
That's not true. The problem is that Marvel creators used to be talented enough to make it actually a story with real heroism and not a shitty 20 page PSA.
>>
>>91378416
>What's your point?
That screaming about house style is the worst meme to come out of DC.
>>
>>91378265
But wasn't it Obama (IIRC) that gave praises to Indonesia's environment and its seemingly accepting + progressive attitudes? (I mean unlike in the Middle East, the spread of Islam in the islands was more brought through trade with Arab merchants and clerics attracting the common folk using native artforms.)
>>
>>91377741
>>91377741
>>Then we have evil corporate Minotaur god
If they had stuck with this I would love the book. Dario Agger is the shit.
>>
>>91378457
>Mansplaining
>Not Batsplaining
>>
>>91378183
>>91378270

Thats... just terrible. I dont see Kitty ever saying that.

Dont get me wrong, I havnt read it yet... but I just dont see it.
>>
>>91378224
Nah. Cornell gets historical Dracula right, Tepes fought against the Ottomans. But Latveria is in the Balkans just like historical Wallachia/modern Romania. Adjacent to the former Yugoslavia, a country torn apart by ethnic and religious tensions. Latveria would have faced the same Islamisation influence under the Ottomans as other Balkan countries.
Also, I haven't actually read Triumph and Torment but doesn't Doom try to rescue his mother from a decidedly Christian hell?
>>
>>91378735
>Latveria would have faced the same Islamisation influence under the Ottomans as other Balkan countries
Not necessary because they could have been under Austrian rule.
>>
>>91377638
>>91377259
Holy crap, this means the new issue will be worth something now they are going to omit it in future releases and printings.

I need to buy it right now.
>>
>>91378457
The Vampirella reboot is only on issue 1 and the first issue was honestly pretty good.
>>
>>91378442
Go back to the_donald, reddit.
>>
Marvel's statement:

>“The mentioned artwork in X-Men Gold #1 was inserted without knowledge behind its reported meanings. These implied references do not reflect the views of the writer, editors or anyone else at Marvel and are in direct opposition of the inclusiveness of Marvel Comics and what the X-Men have stood for since their creation. This artwork will be removed from subsequent printings, digital versions, and trade paperbacks and disciplinary action is being taken.”

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/08/marvel-releases-statement-on-controversial-x-men-gold-art/
>>
>>91378421
Yes, theyre very different and the difference is agency. There's a differnce between Kitty repping her cultural symbols and say, the nazis labelling Jewish people with patches on their clothes, or later even tattooing them.
They're very sensitive about that kinda thing, which is something an editor of a product meant for such a broad market should know.
>>
>>91378935
lol
>>
>>91378421
>is wearing religious items any different from having their denomination floating next to their head?

You can't possibly be this stupid
>>
Honestly, you wanna know something fun for an artist to do?

>some kind of multi-page scene in a public setting
>hidden imagery of pedophile symbolism among crowd of people
>when protagonists leave the scene, you can see the FBI coming in to arrest everybody

Something like that, setting up the imagery but treating it as a background joke.
>>
>>91378793
Fair point. But it's still a stretch for the character. I don't see how Islam could be anything but an outgroup for the character and I don't see how the dialogue is apropos of anything but Cornell virtue signalling.
>>
>>91377724
/pol/ are not comic book nerds?
>>
>>91377918
I actually noticed the number on his shirt, and figured it was sort of a universe reference, like 616, or some genoshia rememberance shirt.. I never expected the hilarity.

Your average 4chan poster didn't notice, and we're up to date on all the latest hate.
>>
>>91379010
u wot m8
>>
>>91377765
The fuck is this nigger talking about?
>>
>>91378562
Obama literally wouldn't call islamic terror attacks on American soil islamic terror attacks so his opinion on islam is.fucking horseshit
>>
>>91379035
/pol/ are ponyfags.
>>
File: 436342.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
436342.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
There's been worst subliminal messages in art
>>
>>91378231
Islamic political violence in S.E. asia isn't middle east bad, but it's been there for a while, and is probably getting worse.

>>91378366
Back in WW2, patriotically intervening was a progressie stance.

>>91379035
Perhaps it needs more equine vagina for them to care.

>>91378735
I"m not familiar enough with Islamic hell to say.
>>
>>91379025
Doom isn't racist.
Doom believed everybody was EQUALLY inferior to himself.
He wouldn't see Islam itself as a threat of sort, as much as islamic psychos and warmongers- and he'd deal with them like he deals with all psychos and warmongers

>>91379054
Exactly!
It might have been ANYTHING... who'd ever think it's something hate-related?
>>
X-MEN GOLD 1

CONTAINS BONUS ISLAMIST EASTER EGG
>>
>>91379273
>I"m not familiar enough with Islamic hell to say.
She was in MEPHISTO's hell.

Christian Hell is LUCIFER's hell. At least, in theory.
>>
>>91378933
Make comics great again
>>
>>91379329
I don't think Marvel has a Lucifer
>>
>>91379364
There was an alien named Lucifer who was the first to cripple Xavier. :^)
>>
>>91379035
There's some crossover, but with the way the world is going you should expect a lot more /pol/
>>
>>91379364
Lucifer was the main bad of Aaron's Ghost Rider.
He managed to get tricked by Johnny Blaze of all people.

Please note SATAN(basically king of all hells) is a different guy altogether, many demons faked being him but we haven't seen him yet.
We have only seen his throne.

>>91379460
that's just a homonym
>>
>>91379478
>We have only seen his throne.
No Anon

We have seen a throne and whoever sits on it will be the true Satan. But nobody dears to sit on it because the one who does it will make themselves an enemy of all other demons in existence
>>
>>91377291
Link to the previous ones?
>>
>>91379568
Specifically, even the devils don't KNOW if there is a TRUE Satan, but any who would manage to get the throne and not be ripped apart by all other would get the title

There might be a "real" Satan or not.
>>
So much for that Rebirth!
>>
>>91379579

>>91364754
>>91367920
>>
>>91379650
>Rich stole from /co/ and reddit yet again

Sad!
>>
>>91379619
It's okay, we still have Bunneto and the x-babies and Astonishing X-Men: No Brakes on the Soule Train
>>
>>91379685
His article actually got some misinformation.
But I didn't bother to create an account for that site.
And Marvel got the message anyways. >>91378935
>>
>>91377655

Ouch
>>
Meanwhile, the Indonesian perspective on this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/indonesia/comments/645nx0/one_of_marvel_comics_is_being_used_as_a_tool_to/
>>
Why does /pol/hate muslims again they seem to both hate the same things ie jews and women
>>
>>91379910
/pol/ hates everyone, I thought?
>>
>>91379890
>linking to reddit
>linking to shit sub
>>
>>91379977
Yes, and there is nobody that they hate more then white men.
>>
>>91378935
They're going to tell him to stop being naughty or they will get upset.
>>
File: Wolverine Kike.jpg (46KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine Kike.jpg
46KB, 600x379px
I feel bad if the editor gets in trouble for something they couldn't possibly notice.

Not that there haven't been real proofreading mistakes at Marvel in the past (yes this is real)
>>
I'M FROM BUENOS AIRES
AN I SAY KILL EM ALL!
>>
>>91378217

Aren't the Shi'Ar supposed to have been ruled by a long line of expansionist, warmongering tyrants, and Lilandra was an exception, rather than the norm? And even she was duped into attempted-genocide of the Kree.
>>
>>91380532
What is that even supposed to be? Nothing I can think of makes sense for that much of a fuckup.
>>
>>91377465
this I use to buy 40 Marvel books a month but between the shit writing, non-stop events and the fact every character I liked has been replaced by a more diverse version I'm down to 2 and 1 of those is getting cancelled.
>>
>>91381247
The killer known as sabertooth.
>>
>>91381247
Brian K. Vaughan wrote "assassin," the editor who was rewriting everything crossed it out and scribbled "killer" in the margin, the Comicraft letterer thought it said "kike" because the "r" was cut off in the fax.

The amazing thing is it took several more years for Marvel to shake up the editorial staff.

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Wolverine131Recalled.php
>>
how did anyone even find out that these numbers mean stuff?
Like how did this all come about in the first place? Did the artist shout out to everyone "yo look what i did haha I hate Christians and Jews"?
>>
I just got back from the lcs, bought 2 copies. Apparently they have a per issue purchase limit?! Booty.
>>
>>91381882
No, actual Indonesian comic consumers, familiar with the political significance of the references, noticed and posted on FB and reddit.
>>
>>91382245
hmm.
wait a sec doesnt Marvel love this kind of stuff? Im surprised hey dont think its empowering to Indonesians or something
>>
>>91379616
>>91379568

What book was this in?
>>
>>91381882
It's called dog-whistling; coded language that's only obvious to the people in the ingroup. An example of this would be 14/88, commonly used by white supremacists (8 = eighth letter of the alphabet = H. HH = Heil Hitler). Someone thought the numbers looked weird, looked it up online, and found out it was an anti-Christian/Jewish Quran passage. Dude thought he was clever and only other Muslims would notice.

You see how well that worked for him.
>>
>>91379035
I cross post. My two favorite boards.
>>
>>91382404
the owner is Jewish
the writer on the book is Jewish
>>
>>91382475
Gillen's Journey Into Mystery(aka Gillen's Kid Loki run)

Cannot remember the issue number.
>>
>>91382628
Thanks anon. Always heard good things about that run, guess I should read it.
>>
Fuck, Marvel just can't catch a break, can it?
>>
>>91378361
>On what ground does Doom have to see that culture as a threat to his own? Does Muslim nations have Anti-Doom bots lying around?

Islamic law clearly states that Allah's laws supersedes man's laws. The entire religion is geared towards theocracy, which threatens Doom.
>>
>>91382691
Do it. Then read Katherin Immonen's Journey into Mystery(aka Lady Sif Is Awesome) and Ewing's Loki: Agent of Asgard-

This way, you can better weep at the sad state of current Thor-related books

>>91382883
"A Theocracy that doesn't have Doom at its peak isn't worth anything"- Doom at some point, probably
>>
File: king.jpg (70KB, 567x736px) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
70KB, 567x736px
>>91379329
Then who's Hell did Guido become king of?
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.