[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone redpill me on Samurai Jack? Growing up in south western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Samurai_Jack.png (148KB, 588x744px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_Jack.png
148KB, 588x744px
Can someone redpill me on Samurai Jack?
Growing up in south western sydney, I did not have access to foxtel let alone cartoon network. So I never got to watch the show.
Does it hold up? Should I just watch the new season?
I have a feeling of "missing out" by seeing the hype everywhere on the internet. or maybe i'm just autistic.
>>
>Can someone redpill me on Samurai Jack?
the voice actor for jack isn't actually japanese. Just a very talented black dude

>Does it hold up?
It's an action show, characterized by it's distinctive visuals. It's considerd a must watch by /co/ for good reason.
>>
>>91372255
>Can someone redpill me on Samurai Jack?
You ave written the most disgusting and dumb sentence of the week. Congratulations.
>>
>>91372666
I want to know whether the show is considered good because of actual merits or due to rose tinted glasses.
I didn't experience the show at all growing up, so I have no frame of reference.
Fuck me, right?
>>
>>91372779
You used "redpill". That made you sound like a retard.

And it is also retarded to ask /co/ if something is good. The only way to check is by watching yourself. Afraid of watching a cartoon? You are the worst coward.
>>
>>91372887
There is no need to be upset, anon.
Redpill is just colloquialism for "harsh truth". God forbid someone use a term you aren't familiar with.
I am a coward for asking a question? I do not have the luxury of being able watching every single cartoon to discover which are good and which are bad. Filters are helpful.
After typing all this I realize I am just feeding the troll so I guess I will stop after this post. Goodbye anon.
>>
>>91372974
And you should commit sudoku for using it, asshole.
>>
>>91372779

That was a really fucking stupid way of asking, and yes, fuck you for misusing an already retarded term, but I'll help you out regardless.

It is good, people here dick ride it a little more than they should probably, there are some less than stellar episodes too, just like with any cartoon, but as a whole it's easily a 4 star series at least. Watch the first episodes to get an idea of the tone and what it's about, and then decide for yourself if you want to watch the rest or the revival.
>>
>>91372255
Most of Samurai Jack is fake news
Only S1E13 will give you a quick rundown on the samurai.
>>
>>91372974
We are all painfully aware of what the term "redpill" means /pol/ack, so yes, fuck you for using a term only those with intelligence comparable to a stillborn's would use. Here's your obligatory faggot, faggot.
>>
>>91372255
You don't really need to watch the old seasons before the new one as long as you do some basic research. But the old seasons do hold up.
>>
It's a good show with a unique artstyle. By modern standards it's aged well, but it was probably a lot more influential during it's time.

Don't watch the new season without watching the old ones. The new season is great, but it leans a lot on nostalgia for the old series to be as hyped up as it is. The old series was a lot more 'kid friendly', but it seems as though it explored the setting and story more than the new series is going to be able to in just 10 episodes.

the show isn't perfect, and there is still a few bad episodes- but most of them have a good mix of humour, creative writing, and legitimately decent action to carry the show. It's definitely in the top 10% of animated shows, in terms of quality. Maybe top 1%, depending on what you're looking for.
>>
>All these /leftypol/ refugees getting triggered by an adjective and a noun
top zozzle
>>
>getting triggered over that word
>effectively admitting being /leftypol/
you sure you belong here?

>>91372255
holds up a lot more than it should, surprisingly.

sure the action scenes sometimes lazily involve Jack slashing bots with his katana and explodes to smithereens because reasons or some losers going out guns blazing and again, occassional explosions here and there BUT when they actually animate him fighting or going through seemingly impossible obstacles is when the whole show finally shines. for example, this beautifully made scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vKdUOpTbmA

It's not all action, though. some episode have huge feels and some hilarious. the best are usually when it has the Scotsman involved. but either way, you can still simply pickup the latest season and watch it from there since the show is mostly episodic in format for the last 4 seasons. i do recommend starting with the first 3 episodes or watching the Birth of Evil episodes just to get a good idea what Jack is up against.

tl;dr it still holds up today, watch in any order
>>
>>91373264
It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME someone uses "redpill" on /co/. Funny, I don't see this much hate for Pepe even. Someone must not like the truth about stuff (not just talking /pol/ here).
>>
>>91372974

The only sort of pill you should get is a lead pill.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.