[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all knew this movie would suck, but did any of you at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

File: fantastic-four-2015-trailers1.jpg (907KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
fantastic-four-2015-trailers1.jpg
907KB, 1200x600px
We all knew this movie would suck, but did any of you at least go to see it out of morbid curiosity when it was in theaters?
>>
>>91359737

I did.
I liked it as it's own thing...although it wasn't all that good or anything. I didn't think or treat it like a superhero movie at all; it was more like an interesting elseworld.
>>
I liked it until the ending fight.

>>91359986
this, pretty much
>>
>>91359737

It feels like a mess watching it, I couldn't imagine how it felt making it.

There's a point where it just stops, and then it picked up some undisclosed amount of time later with Mr Fantastic hiding in South America with a fake stretchy face. It's just... bizarre.
>>
>>91360199
There was clearly a second act where they train that was cut out.
>>
It didn't even sparked a shed of curiosity in me.
>>
>>91359737
I got dragged to theater to see this garbage with some friends. I slept through most of it.
>>
>>91359737
Nah, I saw Monster Energy Garbage Can Doom and dropped any notion of watching it. I won't even bother temporarily wasting the HDD space to pirate it.
>>
>>91359737
>Theater
Fuck no. I did end up seeing it out of curiosity, mostly from the stories Ive heard surrounding its creation. Though I will say this, I would watch the hell out of a making of documentary
>>
>>91359737
>We all knew this movie would suck
I didn't.
>did any of you at least go to see it out of morbid curiosity when it was in theaters?
I didn't.
>>
>>91359737
Nope. I didn't see it in the theaters, I didn't see it on DVD. Hell, if I was the type to pirate movies, I still wouldn't bother with Fant4stic.
>>
I watched a shitty camrip one. I feel bad for the dude that had to sit through it, not worth the fine.
>>
>>91359737
I did.
I thought Mr Fantastic kid was actually alright.

The Thing's CG looked bad from the get go. I'm talking SyFy original movie levels of take you out of the movie how noticeably not blending it in.
>>
>>91359737
I saw it opening weekend

>>91360199
yeah the first part of the movie up until they got their powers felt fine to me, then it went off the rails and Reeds is on the run getting hunted by an angry army Thing and it went downhill from there.
>>
>>91362857
Yep, I agree with you both. Up until they got their powers, it was perfecly fine. Then the literal moment they get their powers there's a clear shift in acting, direction, everything and it goes from 8/10 to 1/10. I know they brought another director to finish the movie, but the difference is soo jarring.
>>
>>91359737
I left at negro torch
>>
>>91359737

I saw it opening night with two friends. We tried to keep an open mind. But the moment Ben's brother came toward Ben then smacked him saying, "It's clobbering time!" We just groaned and winced. From there we just whispered to the other, "Can this get any worse?"

Then the "Doctor Doom" line hit and we all just looked at each other in wide-eyed disbelief.
>>
>>91363042
You must not have watched any older comic movies or shows like Smallville if namedropping/cheesy references bothered you.
>>
>>91363075
Just one of those. For I am beyond Death's stroke.
>>
File: frombro.jpg (312KB, 793x546px) Image search: [Google]
frombro.jpg
312KB, 793x546px
>>91363042
>But the moment Ben's brother came toward Ben then smacked him saying, "It's clobbering time!"
Spoiler night was great for this.
>>
>>91359737
Yup, the body horror was hilarious.

Everything else was fine as a bad movie goes, wasn't as bad as Rouge One.
>>
>>91359737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg-wtsocxHY
>>
>>91363273
Mike please go.
>>
>>91359737

Fuck no and I still have a big batch of those silver and gold passes for AMC theaters to use that were given to me in 2012.

I do see a lot of DVDs so probably grabbed this from the library when I saw it.

It was fine more or less to have on as background while doing shit like this and four others I am doing in my apartment and on this laptop. I certainly didn't give it my undivided attention.

They just need to do a NON origin, space exploration, negative zone movie AND not have fucking Doom be a part of their origin.
>>
>>91363013
The problem with Human Torch isn't that he's black. It's that he's way too serious to be the Human Torch.

>>91363042
>But the moment Ben's brother came toward Ben then smacked him saying, "It's clobbering time!" We just groaned and winced.

I don't even know what they were going for with that. When Ben says it when he hits Doom, what am I supposed to be feeling?

Is "Yay, childhood abuse saves the day" my intended reaction?
>>
>>91363075
There's forcing iconic catchphrases into your movies, and then there's what they did.
>>
>>91363429
>and then there's what they did.
...forcing iconic catchphrases?
>>
>>91359737
My problem was the story never could quite decide what it wanted to be.
Spoilers here, so note.

It started out as a buddy-buddy film. Yeah, okay, cool.

Then decided that the Thing, Torch and Invisible were gonna be indoctrined child-soldiers and Mr. Fantastic was the rogue rebel who was going to save them from themselves.
Yeah, sure. I can dig it. They've got a whole tension thing going.

Then they meet, and the whole tension is dropped. Back to buddy-buddy within five minutes, only now it's a multi-dimensional crisis film. Well, okay, you've kinda jerked me all over the spectrum her-

Finale is magic.

Just... what?
>>
File: 2398523.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2398523.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>How about two guys, a girl, and the thing that nobody wanted?"

Why was Johnny such a dick and hate Ben all of a sudden?
>>
>>91363470
Do you really need everything slowly spelled for you?
>>
>>91360199
That was when the ghost director took over.
>>
>>91363551
>Johnny
>not being a dick
>>
>>91359737
I liked how /co/mblr got BTFO again when it flopped.

No one wants your forced diversity shit.
>>
Ben and Sue never spoke to one another throughout the entire film
>>
>>91363651
>I liked how /co/mblr got BTFO again when it flopped.
I don't recall many anons defending the casting nor predicating entire beliefs on whether or not this movie would sell. Even if it did sell well, why would that then justify the swap? There also seems to be more issues with the movie, where the casting is a symptom.
>>
>>91363414
>It's that he's way too serious to be the Human Torch.
And that they needed to waste time with "Sue was adopted" which the movie didn't need.
I'd rather they just cast a black chick with blonde hair for Sue.
>>
>>91363749
Johnny started bullying Ben out of nowhere when they only talked like 3 times to each other.
>>
>>91363771
Ironically, Michael B. Jordan gave a solid performance along Miles Teller.
>>
>>91363899
Reed, Johnny, Sue, and Doom wanted full credit for something over a hundred people helped work on, got drunk, and then decided to test the machine themselves even though being an engineer and being an astronaut are way different
>>
>>91363601
But he's a lovable dick. That statement came out of nowhere, and just made him sound like a bitter cunt.
>>
>>91363749
This makes me sadder than >>91363042
>>
>>91359737
Ye. Me and my brother agreed that first half was almost not complete shit even though it lacked things like believable chemistry between characters. But it was sort of going forward to somewhere.

During second half our favorite character became evil government guy who was chewing gum literally in every scene.

For some reason he fell for the "wow, Doom's powers are actually kind of cool" meme I've seen a lot of people fall for. I don't get it, his powers are never actually explained, he can just pop heads of one people one time, but wouldn't pop heads of Fant4stic.
>>
>>91363979

You mean Reed, Johnny, and Doom. Sue was the level headed one that tried to clean up the three's mess.
>>
>>91359737
I waited until it came out on dvd then pirated it
>>
>>91364030
Remember when Sue was the only one outside the machine to get powers, even though the energy wave hit the entire city block?
>>
>>91364088
Victor von Doom was an angry blogger who drank Monster.
>>
Yes. Mara and Reed were pretty good. Of course, Jordan was terrible. Even Grimm was ok. It was literally a dark Marvel film.
>>
>>91359737
I enjoyed Tim Heideckers cameo
>>
I'm really bummed that we never got a decent FF movie.

Mostly because I fucking love Doctor Doom.

In a perfect world, Marvel would find a way to work Doom into their Infinity Wars movie.
>>
>>91359737
I'm waiting for it to show up on FX
>>
>>91359737

I did.
Like an hour into it my friend turned to me and asked if they were fantastic yet.
>>
>>91359737
Spending money on something you know will suck and hate
I'm not a fucking idiot
>>
For the love of fucking god, Fox, give Marvel the Fantastic Four rights back. You can keep X-Men, they work better in their own universe, keep making money, you have no idea how to do the Fantastic Four. Fucking simple characters, and you've fucked it up twice!
>>
>>91359986
Same. I found the Planet X stuff to be really interesting. I still say this movie was stitched together from a butchered Chronicle 2 script.
>>
>>91363651
You have to be 18 to post here son.
>>
I did, took my brother with me and we laughed all the way through, the only good scene was when Doom's killing the military, everything else was complete shit.
>That last line.
>>
>>91363551
>The Torch and his torchettes

What did he mean by this?
>>
No way nigga. Tickets are like 13 bucks here
>>
>>91364088

Good question.
>>
>>91359737
I actually had hope. The trailers made it look interesting.
But then I saw, and although I still don't hate it, I knew from the very beginning that the pacing and motivations were horrendous. There's barely any superheroing in a fucking superhero movie
>>
Nah, I pirated it.

Couldn't finish it and I heard the 3rd act is even worse. Can't even imagine.
>>
>>91359737
My aunt who is clueless about comics watched it on her own and liked it

I didn't press the matter
>>
>>91369353
>The trailers made it look interesting.
Don't know if I'd agree with that
>>
>>91359737
No. I have standards. I don't see shit.

I haven't even seen any of the DCEU movies, though I'm hoping WW will break that streak.
>>
>>91370914
b8
>>
>>91359986
what do you mean?
>>
>>91359737
Yes, and I want a sequel, directed by Mel Gibson.
>>
>>91367272
Obviously you don't remember all the shills and daily threads that were made saying 'Where were you when /co/ got BTFO? Progressive media wins again' leading up to the launch of the movie.

It was annoying as fuck, and I'm glad it flopped. It was almost as satisfying as the ghostbusters flop.
>>
>>91370914
>I'm hoping WW will break that streak.
HA
HAHAHAHAHA
Come on man we both know better
>>
File: hope corgi.png (182KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
hope corgi.png
182KB, 500x429px
>>91376932
I didn't say it was a lot of hope but what can I say, I'm an optimistic guy.
>>
>>91377123
I was optimistic about BvS after the lackluster Man of Steel but I know better now. I've been hurt too much.
>>
>>91359737
Why are all of these actors so fucking ugly?
>>
>>91377260
I really dislike Miles Teller. Dude isn't even that talented and acts like an arrogant douche in most of the interviews I've seen.
>>
>>91376846
The only way I'd accept a sequel to Fant4stic is either Trank comes back (and then gets into another conflict with Kinberg or whoever) or Tommy Wiseau:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tommy-Wiseau-Wants-Direct-Fantastic-Four-Sequel-Because-Course-81087.html
>>
>>91359737
My dad goes to see every cape movie so I went with him

It's important to remember that for all the shit slung at quip mahvel and SnyderDC...

At least they aren't fucking fantastic four
>>
>>91359737
I went to see it when it was out. It was a sight to behold.
>>
>>91377160
Superman Returns was way worser.
I watched it again recently, on netflix. It was Fucking terrible. Superman was bland as plain pasta. Lois was fugly, and just a plot device. Spacey was just rehashing a really bad version of Hackman's luthor, with none of his genius. They played it like he was some 2 bit con man instead.
It was so bad.
>>
>>91359737

That Elfen Lied moment was great.
>>
The Fantastic Four deserve better. I'm tired of seeing them constantly shit on.
>>
File: say that again.png (422KB, 842x356px) Image search: [Google]
say that again.png
422KB, 842x356px
>it's fantastic
>>
The main problem was it tried to go with a Nolan-ification of something that doesn't mesh well with grim-n-gritty at all. Fantastic Four is part of acidtrippy Marvel, like Doctor Strange. Trying to turn a comic that was about weirdo sci-fi LSD planethopping into something dour without being willing to go whole hog on elements like the body horror means you just get a lame, imaginationless sack of crap.
>>
>>91359737
My mom wanted to go see it. I told her it would be shit. She still ended up liking it, but she also liked Avatar even after I showed her the original series so that should tell you about her taste.
>>
>>91359737
i still haven't watched it, and from what i have gathered, its bad, and yet its a good movie for being its own. its bizarre and obscure, cg is bad, but what they did in the cg is what makes it great. it's just its own thing, that's what makes me appreciate it.

it bothers me that johnny is black and reed being super smart and still being in a shitty school, though.
>>
>>91378833
It's a mix of alright stuff and really bad stuff. The first scene where Doom shows off his powers is great but the final fight scene is fuckin garbage
>>
>>91359737
The one part that was defendable is mr. Fantastic discovering his powers while crawling to make sure everyone is safe. Body horror fantastic four. Sign me up.
>>
>>91378969
That was apparently Trank's original idea and the studio said make it more MCU.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.