[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.awn.com/news/academy-ups ets-oscar-voting-rules-b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 55ef098d66cbe.image.jpg (150KB, 1200x938px) Image search: [Google]
55ef098d66cbe.image.jpg
150KB, 1200x938px
http://www.awn.com/news/academy-upsets-oscar-voting-rules-best-animated-feature?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

>“Invitations to join the nominating committee will be sent to all active Academy members, rather than a select craft-based group. Voting in the nominations round will now be preferential instead of based on a numerical scoring system. Members participating on the nominating committee may view films in their theatrical runs or at other screenings, through the Academy’s streaming site or on DVDs/screeners to qualify to vote.”

Basically, they changed the rules so now anyone in the Academy can vote for the Best Animated Picture nomination.

This is bad because this almost guarantees that foreign and non-big studio films will never get nominated. Before, you'd get stuff like Kubo and the Two Strings and The Red Turtle at least considered, but now the category will exclusively be dominated by the Disney films the Academy members got dragged to by their kids.
>>
That means nothing changed.
>>
>>91354787
No, this affects the nominating process, not the winners of the award.

This year, My Life as a Zucchini: and The Red Turtle got nominated for the award. They weren't going to win against Zootopia, but now with the rule change, they'll never even get an opportunity to be nominated.
>>
>>91354758
Who fucking gives a shit?
>>
>>91355612
People who care about animation.
>>
The world will be a better place when people stop caring about circle jerk awards shows.
>>
>>91354787
No, the nominations were considered by the Academy's animated features branch, who have a better knowledge of non-Disney shit.
>>
>>91354758
Honestly, it doesn't matter who gets nominated when Disney, as always, scoops up the prize.

Sure, it would be nice to have your film nominated for an oscar, but who gives a shit about the runner up ?

Good Old Rowan Atkinson sums up awards cermonies desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq78D-3HwEM
>>
Personally, I probably would never have heard of The Red Turtle if it hadn't gotten nominated, since /co/ doesn't talk about films like that.

I'm glad I managed to see it, so I'm bummed that cool movies are going to slip under the radar now.
>>
>>91354875
Do the nominations matter though?
>>
>>91356018
Well it matters to a point. Becuse just. Sing nomatited can Effect if you get funding or pick up for a project later. Basicly this is going to choke things out to where if you don't submit your skills to the god mouse your studio won't get anywhere
>>
>>91356085
Disney, WB and Sony have recruited creative teams based on nominees
Illumination studio got its legs becuse of it.
>>
File: prison-mickey.jpg (86KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
prison-mickey.jpg
86KB, 900x674px
>>91354758
Still the only medium in the US to be shackled. At least comic books and video games can do whatever they want. Not animation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.