[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Parks thread continued from >>91322083 Be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 463
Thread images: 113

File: be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg (83KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg
83KB, 629x354px
Disney Parks thread
continued from
>>91322083
Be our Guest edition
>>
File: 1448033316381.jpg (12KB, 207x208px) Image search: [Google]
1448033316381.jpg
12KB, 207x208px
Quick, post your favourite theme park music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqYTSaFWJcM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8zFAhKfag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPz37Uo849w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwr_IlKjr5U&list=PLCC888152710161E0&index=10
Also, here's a link to a Disney theme park music radio.
http://srsounds.com/popperSR.php
>>
File: 1.png (577KB, 848x434px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
577KB, 848x434px
Share an interesting Theme Park experience.
>>
File: The_Great_Movie_Ride_poster.jpg (41KB, 234x430px) Image search: [Google]
The_Great_Movie_Ride_poster.jpg
41KB, 234x430px
I kinda wanna see The Great Movie Ride get an overhaul.
>Deal with TCM is almost over, meaning Robert Osborn is gonna be replaced soon (F)
>Footlight Parade has been broken since day one because they didn't bother to look what they were building on top of
>Doesn't even shoot bubbles all the time
>Animatronics are looking a little waxy
>Ripley just barely resembles Sigourney Weaver, has no movement below the neck
>Ceiling Xeno's tongue keeps falling into the cars
I fucking love The Great Movie Ride and would much rather see it get refurbished than replaced with something stupid. It's such a wonderful little tribute to classic cinema, but technology has progressed so much since it opened.

>Could add a scene where we see Ben Kenobi dueling Darth Vader, maybe even have him get killed and disappear into the floor (you know the Imagineers would find a way)
>Could include a scene from an animated film like Toy Story or Snow White, something groundbreaking that won't look all uncanny valley nowadays
>Tarzan swinging around will look impressive rather than unintentionally comical
>All the old effects will work exactly as intended
>Ending montage won't look super out of place for containing clips from Zootopia while everything else in the ride was built in the mid 80's

There's a rumor it's gonna be replaced by "The Great Mickey Ride" and, as a film history major, that idea personally offends me.
>>
Do you think the unveiling of the Donald Trump animatronic at the Hall Of Presidents is going to start a shitstorm?
>>
>>91351975
It already has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzSP4fmlUk
>>
File: RiverCountry.jpg (121KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RiverCountry.jpg
121KB, 800x600px
remember river country? neither do i
>>
>>91351766
When I was five I was afraid to go on Star Tours for some reason, so they guy running the ride introduced me as the person in charge of everything and let me press the buttons that operated the ride.
>>
>>91351887
>Deal with TCM is almost over
But that just started in 2015
>>
>>91335747
Just remembered another time I went on Star Tours (might've been that same trip, actually), I ended up sitting in the same row as this little girl who must've just gotten past the height requirements.
>Sitting there in her comically oversized 3D goggles
>Visibly excited, we were making small talk with the parents in the line
>Ride begins
>We're in the front row, they're to the left
>Viewscreen drops and there's C-3PO
>Her jaw fucking drops open in wonder as 3PO is sitting right in front of her, moving around and talking
That's the thing about getting older, it makes you appreciate childhood that much more.
>>
>>91352039
I dunno what to tell ya, anon, my friend was working there just this past November and said that the contract was almost up. Then again, he also might have said it still had like a year left.

Either way, they're gonna be reworking it again soon enough.
>>
>>91352003
Remember Disneyquest?
>>
>>91352125
That's still a thing, though.
>>
File: XUG9DbK.jpg (49KB, 580x367px) Image search: [Google]
XUG9DbK.jpg
49KB, 580x367px
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>91351975
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just slipped him in without making any kind of announcement. Like, if they build the animatronic in secret, close it down for a weekend, and do all of their testing and implementing then.

The last thing Disney is gonna want is a bunch of Antifa kids hassling Goofy in the middle of Liberty Square.
>>
>>91352148
Not for long
>Schedueled for closure July 3rd
>>91352166
>a bunch of Antifa kids hassling Goofy in the middle of Liberty Square
That sounds funny.
>>
First for Epcot is best Didney park. And Hollywood Studios.
>>
>>91352153
>All those classic vehicles just sitting out in the Florida sun, getting bleached and caked in bird shit
>a Snowspeeder, Herbie, the ship from Flight of the Navigator
Disney is usually so good at curating their brands, what the fuck happened there?
>>
>>91352188
Yes, my man.
>>
>>91352166
Imagine if Antifas attempted to steal the Trump animatronic.
>>
File: IMG_0926.png (122KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0926.png
122KB, 750x1334px
>>91352166
It's already closed for Trumping.
>>
>>91351975
>>91352166

Is it possible for them to leave a president out because of unpopularity? Even trumpdrones are starting to show regret.

Not trying to start a political discussion, just genuinely curious if they'd leave someone out.
>>
>>91352188
Magic Kingdom
>Pros
>Good ride variation
>Something for everyone
>Chill atmosphere

>Cons
>Crowded as fuck
>Thrill rides are all pretty mellow
>Dem wait times
>Becomes fucking impossible to traverse the front of the park during a parade or show
>Tomorrowland needs rides badly
>Transportation Hub is somehow both super convenient and a total chore at the same time

EPCOT
>Pros
>CHILLEST atmosphere
>10/10 food and merch
>World Showcase is so fucking based
>Only gets better as you get older
>FOOD AND WINE NIGGA
>Ferrys are mad convenient, especially if you're staying on the property
>Decent trifecta of Soarin/Mission SPACE/Test Track

>Cons
>Other than those three every other ride is just an excuse to get out of the sun
>Futureworld is fucking nothing
>World Showcase got no rides that aren't educational videos or chill boatrides (while this isn't BAD, we could have had a fucking Godzilla rollercoaster, come on man)

Hollywood Studios
>Pros
>Amazing atmosphere
>Amazing themeing
>Amazing shows
>Star Tours, Rock N Rollercoaster, and Tower of Terror are among the best rides in the park
>Only gonna be better after Star Wars Land and Toy Story finish up

>Cons
>That back area they're turning into Star Wars was fucking nothing for the past decade
>Gradually losing sight of its original intention as a love-letter to old Hollywood/the art of film
>For every thrill ride that breaks down, your reasons to stay in the park drop by roughly 30%

Animal Kingdom
>Pros
>Arguably as chill as World Showcase
>Everest is based as fuck
>Dinosaur is hype as shit
>Animals, yo
>No one cares about Pandora, but the rides will be dope

>Cons
>Dinoland is super bare-bones (pun intended)
>Rain cripples like >50% of the attractions
>Kind of a bitch to get around, but at least the scenery is nice
>It's Tough to Be a Bug is fine, but a little mediocre to be the centerpiece attraction
>They're never gonna fix that Yeti
>They're never gonna build Beastly Kingdomme
>>
>>91351975
>>91352166
>>91352399
My guess is they'll go back to the original format where sitting presidents didn't get to speak and focus more on Washington and Lincoln.
>>
>>91352399
I always felt like the purpose of the Hall of Presidents was more about showcasing history than patting people on the back. Sure, you get speeches from especially accomplished ones like Lincoln, but they still kept dudes like Clinton and Nixon and Carter.

If they didn't remove Andrew "Trail of Tears" Jackson, they're not gonna start by removing Donald Trump.
>>
>>91352297
...how hard would that be even? Shit Id kinda want to see that done for the hilarity alone, Imagine some asshats trying to walk out with the Trump animatronic Weekend-at-Bernie's style.
>>
>>91352466
This.
They had Bush and Obama give bits of their inaugural address, but I can't see them implementing "I DELIVER GOTHAM BACK TO YOU... THE PEOPLE" in a Disney ride.
>>
>>91352531
Imagine if actors tried to stop them while still staying in character.
>>
>>91352555
I want this as a movie now.
>>
>>91352531
>>
File: 1448999143861.png (20KB, 174x162px) Image search: [Google]
1448999143861.png
20KB, 174x162px
>>91352531
>Imagine some asshats trying to walk out with the Trump animatronic Weekend-at-Bernie's style.
What if they tried to bring him on rides to lessen the suspicion?
>security staff looking over the cameras
>spot trump riding Splash Mountain
>>
File: ending of sleepaway camp.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ending of sleepaway camp.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>91352396
Post yfw his animatronic is wearing a MAGA cap
>>
File: 1448911802031.jpg (20KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
1448911802031.jpg
20KB, 512x523px
>>91352638
>Every show some guy from the audience tries to take it off and gets tackled by security
>>
>>91351887
>Ceiling Xeno's tongue keeps falling into the cars

kek, wish I could see that in person
>>
>>91352621
>"Why did no one tell us the President was in the park today?! We really should have upped security and closed the park down."
>>
File: laughing at whores.jpg (248KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
laughing at whores.jpg
248KB, 560x560px
>>91352668
>Shows keep getting disrupted because of people shouting "PEPE!" when Trump gets up to speak
>Shia LeBouf keeps trying to hide his flag on the premises
>Firefighters are kept on location to extinguish all the garbage cans in Liberty Square
>>
>>91352754
Imagine what Trump would tweet in response.
>>
File: 1453500661955.png (4KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453500661955.png
4KB, 450x450px
>>91352797
>/pol/ sneak in after dark and attempt to replace Trump's head with Pepe.
>>
>>91352806
>Crooked Disney thinks I enjoy Splash Mountain when I really prefer the Gran Fiesta Tour! Sad!
>>
>>91352844
>they take one of the frogs from Splash Mountain and put him in the Hall
>>
https://youtu.be/5oRMSWDmfkM
>>
>>91351766

Test Track at Epcot.

Middle of the summer. It was pouring and there was lightning.

I went with my mom. We were all good, and then at that part where the ride makes it seem like you're going to hit the wall? We heard a pop, and the lights in the giant hangar-thing that this part of the ride was in went out except some emergency lights.

We stayed in the car for a minute and I distinctly remembering starting to ask my mom if we should get out because we had both gone on this many times and knew about the wall. I was scared that something could go wrong.

Well, just as I start asking her we slam forward and start speeding towards the wall. My mom quickly grabs me as tight as she could in the restraints, and then just as we were about to hit the wall - the doors opened and we were flung into the outside portion.

Nothing bad happened, sure, but it was still scary as fuck.
>>
File: 1457167553632.gif (88KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1457167553632.gif
88KB, 300x277px
>>91352872
>They hack into the recorded voiceover and replace Trump's speech with 'Feels good, man'
>>
File: laughing nerd.gif (927KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing nerd.gif
927KB, 190x200px
>>91352844
>Just as people attempt to scatter their loved ones' ashes in the Haunted Mansion, the Hall of Presidents becomes a sacred prayer ground where tributes and sacrifices are left in the name of Kek
>Disney janitors constantly have to remove MAGA hats, water filters, and hotglued anime figurines in between shows
>Whenever it breaks down, prayer circles form in an attempt to fix the ride through meme magic
>>
>>91352878
That's pretty goddamn cool actually
>>
File: HAWW HAWW.jpg (17KB, 132x140px) Image search: [Google]
HAWW HAWW.jpg
17KB, 132x140px
>>91352902
>They steal the animatronic, smuggle it to EPCOT, and leave him inside the Mexico pavilion behind some wet-floor barricades
>>
>>91352894
Holy shit.
Like, part of me feels like the wall is probably rigged up to the track manually (so that it'll always open whenever a car gets near it, since it'd be a pretty big fucking problem if it malfunctioned and just decided not to open one day), but that still sounds pretty gat damn harrowing.
>>
>>91353019

That's more or less what I think too. It has to be some sort of pneumatic system, or gravity based thing that is triggered by the car in case some electronics fail, or something. At the time though, it was scary as fuck and I genuinely believed we were going to die.
>>
How many days does it take in your opinion to get a full experience at each of the resorts?
>>
File: Marvel mania.jpg (339KB, 1024x704px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel mania.jpg
339KB, 1024x704px
Was anyone alive to go here? Do any photographs f the rainbow bridge nachos still exist?
>>
>>91352878
>>91352952
Full documentary on Nature's Wonderland here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCvoHKJEP4

There's been a lot of speculation that elements of Nature's Wonderland are being brought back with the Rivers of America/Disneyland Railroad re-route being done for the Star Wars land construction. Mostly based on the ride poster being slightly rewritten and put onto the construction walls. Would love it if they put Rainbow Caverns somewhere between Frontierland and Fantasyland.
>>
Best Star Tours Segments?
>Hoth
>Jakku
>Naboo
>>
>>91351766

I got stuck on space mountain. They had to turn the lights on and get us of there. Pretty sure I still have the video of it.
>>
>>91352555
"WE GOT A RUNNER, HYUCK!"
>>
>>91353082
I'd assume it's like the tech the peoplemover uses, where there are sensors in the track that trigger when the vehicle is over them, that way it is always timed correctly
>>
>>91353128
>Marvel Mania
>Rainbow Bridge Nachos
Tell me everything.
>>
>>91353158
Hoth and Geonosis are my go-to combination.
>>
I'll be there next month. Woooooooo
>>
>>91353095

That's understandable, my off days always switched around on a weekly basis. It's even more of a bitch now since I heard CPs can't even give away shifts, they can only trade days off.
>>
>Was too much of a pussy as a kid to ride the original Star Tours
What was I thinking?
>>
>>91353158
Naboo has the best 3D effect at the end

I also like Jakku because they got creative with the gravity on the part where you crash

The podracing one is cool too
>>
>tfw you went with a qt to bog
>>
>>91353158
My favorite combo is Vader>Kashyyyk>Ackbar>Geonosis because it tells a coherent story and isn't super reliant on very film-specific memberberries.
>>
>>91351766
The first time I went on the Indiana Jones ride and was told not to stare into the Statue's eyes or I'd die, I believed it. So I closed my eyes through the entire ride, just in case.
>>
File: Epcot italy preformers.jpg (83KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Epcot italy preformers.jpg
83KB, 620x465px
>>91352425
>>91352188
Not gonna say EPCOT is my favorite, but it has the BEST street performers.
Which some people appreciate more than others.
>>
>>91353338
That chair guy is great, one of the best street shows
>>
>>91353222
That's not so bad.
When I was a kid I bought into the Indiana Jones Cursed Eye backstory so much, that I really thought if I looked into the eye, I would die.
I tucked my head in for the entire ride.
>>
File: 1484100983341.png (35KB, 800x989px) Image search: [Google]
1484100983341.png
35KB, 800x989px
>haven't been to florida in like 10 years
>thinking of joining my sister and her kids for florida next year
>have enough cash to rent a convertible mustang and a week's hotel so i could enjoy the nightlife

How's Harry Potter land in Universal? Last time I went there I was on the Simpsons ride and Shrek 4D. Also that Drew Carey ride in MGM or Universal I forgot.
>>
>>91353395
Harry Potter is dope as fuck. I was only there when it was just Hogsmede, but it's probably the only time Universal trumps Disney in terms of wonder and immersion.
>>
>>91353395
Only been to the Hollywood one, but its solid. Butterbeer is overrated though, Pumpkin Juice is where its at.
>>
>>91351766
My most cherished theme park memory was my aunt and uncle taking me, their daughter, and our other cousin, who's one of my closest family members, to Disney World for the first time when I was 10 years old. We were all about the same age. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort, which is still the nicest hotel that I've ever stayed in, and I really want to go back still.

The highlight in terms of rides was when we went on Test Track. It was me and our other cousin (can't remember if my cousin whose parents actually took us was there with us on that one) and we both went in without not really knowing what the ride was gonna be like (despite one portion of the ride being open and being able to see it from the outside). The part where it looks like you're going to crash into the wall, which opens up and then you ride outside really got us, because we didn't know that's how that'd happen. It was one of the first, if not the first, rollercoasters I'd ever been on and it was thrilling as fuck.

I've never had a ride malfunction on me but then I haven't gone to a theme part in ages, so yeah.
>>
>>91352606
heh
>>
>>91353243
>Naboo

Which one, the paint splash or the pit droid falling into the speeder?
>>
>>91353395
>>91353417

Hogsmede is great and the Forbidden Journey ride and queue line are just fantastic- but Diagon Alley is fantastic. The themeing totally sucks you right in.
>>
>>91353395

The Harry Potter stuff is god tier. There's also a train that connects islands of adventure and universal. Both parks have their own harry potter thing.
>>
>>91353306
>tells a coherent story
That's honestly my only gripe with Star Tours. The immersion in the beginning is fucking insane, but then you get on the ride and it's all ruined when you start jumping between different eras for no reason. They totally should have come up with an overarching plotline that would explain why everything is happening and allow each segment to fit together coherently no matter what.

>Start in a hangar, Han Solo escapes from Darth Vader in the Millenium Falcon
>Go to Jakku, now Finn and Rey are flying the Falcon, Vader has been dead for 30 years
>Go to Coruscant, the CIS and Republic are still fighting in orbit

It's a shame the continuity is such a goddamn mess because everything else about it is constructed with so much care and reverence for the source material.
>>
>>91352425
They made the Norway ride about Frozen now, and the Mexico one is about the Three Caballeros, so they seem to be removing all the educational rides from World Showcase.
>>
>>91352425
>That back area they're turning into Star Wars was fucking nothing for the past decade
Don't talk shit about muh Backlot Tours.
>>
>>91353468
Not him, but for me it's the tail of the speeder crashing through the glass.

Also that bit with the sea monster is probably the most turbulent/scary part of the ride; it and Jakku are the most thrilling scenarios.
>>
>>91353468
The tip of the Naboo ship breaking the glass

I don't think it happens every time either, I think paint is an alternate ending
>>
>>91353468
Not him but the speeder one is great
>>
>>91353395
The Harry Potter stuff is genuinely amazing.
>>
>>91353501
To be fair, the Three Caballeros one is basically Saludos Amigos the ride; like, it's not a fictional plot like Frozen is, it shows you a bunch of Mexico's cities and culture by way of wacky cartoon birds.

I'd honestly still call it reasonably educational, if only for the live-action footage it implements.
>>
>>91353538
I barely found out about the paint ending recently. There's more subtle changes on that ride than I first thought.

>Boba Fett in the Vader opening
>Hitting Jar-Jar on Naboo
>Naboo paint ending
>>
someone post the old videos of the Gaston live actor who died because he launched a firework from his mouth while acting in character
>>
>>91353498
There was a loose "It's between III and IV" story when it opened, but you still had those direct movie lifts and George's attitude was "Fuck it, it's Disneyland, continuity doesn't matter thaaat much" and he pulled an explanation for Hoth out his butt that somehow the Rebels had a base and Imperial skirmish before ESB and they only went back because they figured it's the last place the Empire would look for them again. Imagineers originally wanted to do Wampa and Tauntaun shit.
>>
File: Nachos at Universal.jpg (71KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nachos at Universal.jpg
71KB, 480x480px
>>91353185
Born just after it closed on the opposite side of the nation. I do not, sadly, know everything. have a menu, tho
>>
>>91353508
I loved the Backlot Tours too anon, but they didn't care about it enough to keep it looking good.
>Segment about the making of THE NEW HIT BLOCKBUSTER, PEARL HARBOR
>Catastrophy Canyon stopped looking impressive as it got older
>Drive past some sun-bleached vehicles that aren't getting nearly the care/respect they deserve
The best part of it was the museum/gift shop at the end because that at least had things like the original Big Chap from Alien and David Prowse's Darth Vader suit.

Not to mention how the surrounding area was literally just dead space and plywood facades to make it look like you were in NYC and San Fran. It just felt unfinished.
>>
File: 1482901516903.jpg (149KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1482901516903.jpg
149KB, 500x513px
>>91351766
>was on the back to the future ride with my brother and 3 cousins
>we're all sitting at the front
>austin, my brother's godfather's kid, farts near the end of the ride
>immediately after the mist/smog/fog comes out
>some guy in the back yells, "what's that smell?"
>we burst out laughing
>we tell this story to literally anyone who brings up florida

Best fucking time is with family at any theme park, guys. We all came closer as a family from doing these.
>>
>>91353351
>>91353338
Any other good street performers in the parks?
>>
has anyone tried the grey stuff? is it just a more richer chocolate moose?
>>
>>91353690
The street performers are everywhere.
>>
>>91353690
The citizens of Hollywood at HS are great. When setting up for Fantasmic during the afternoon I'd always see them driving around the backlot in their vintage cars.
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.jpg (62KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.jpg
62KB, 500x333px
tfw you will never play a princess
tfw you will never get to wear the communial rental underwear
>>
>>91351887

I think the ride will get completely cleared out.

It's a bit dated and they could put a lot in that space without needing 20 or so actors and the need to maintain vehicles that are 30 years old.
>>
>>91353733
but any good/memorable ones?
>>91353777
don't think I ever caught them-what do they do?
>>
File: QWARTH.png (287KB, 411x391px) Image search: [Google]
QWARTH.png
287KB, 411x391px
>>91353584
>Listening to Sleepycast
>They bring up the Gaston actor who died
>Read the news article
>"NO ONE BLOWS HIS OWN HEAD UP"
>"GOD DAMMIT"
>"NO ONE KILLS HIMSELF"
>"NOOOOOOO OOOOOOOONE BLOWS HIS FACE LIKE GASTON"
>"NO ONE DIES LIKE GASTON"
I've never laughed harder or felt guiltier.
>>
File: 1484536415982.jpg (54KB, 960x652px) Image search: [Google]
1484536415982.jpg
54KB, 960x652px
>>91353791
t - jealous titlet
>>
>>91353793
I mean, they took down the Hat specifically because it was obstructing the view of the theater; that's the centerpiece of the entire park.

I could see them reworking the ride from the ground up, but never getting rid of it altogether.
>>
>>91353501

UK is getting a Mary Poppins ride
Spain is coming soon it's getting a Gigantic ride
>>
>>91353551

Diagon Alley is probably the best themed area of any theme park, it blew me away.

Gringotts bank coaster is pretty neat too.

I was really fucking pissed off when I went that the Harry Potter ride was closed my entire 2 week vacation. The cunts only gave something like 4 weeks notice too.

Disney tell you almost a year in advance if they're taking a ride down for maintenance.
>>
>>91352153
universal studio tour will was allways 100 times better.

even though its kinda unfair to compare the 2 considering universal has an entire fucking working production lot to work with.

the only thing i hate about the current studio tour too are the fast and furious and kong movie tubes(now with shaking) it would be cooler if they added more practical stunt sets like jaws or earthquake
>>
File: 1436153524346.png (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436153524346.png
142KB, 1000x1000px
>>91353584
>>91353807
No one blows his head off like Gaston
>>
File: geaorge mcnugget.jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
geaorge mcnugget.jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>91354003
Haha holy shit
>>
File: 12314123.jpg (183KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
12314123.jpg
183KB, 800x534px
>>91353803
Throughout the day they'll make appearances on both Sunset Blvd and Hollywood Blvd and interact with guests. They act like typical 1930s-40s Hollywood people and will do everything from having contests on who's the funniest among them to holding a fake election for the next mayor of Hollywood. Real fun stuff.
>>
>>91351665

Anyone eaten here?

I've been put off the Disney restaurants because they're expensive as fuck, they always seem to cram you in and they're noisy.

That said, the drive in movie restaurant at Studios was comfy as fuck if it's still there.
>>
>>91353338
I remember when I went once, there was some kind of street performance in the Italy pavillion but I can't remember what it was about.

Not sure why I made this post.
>>
>>91354039
Did breakfast there, it was pretty bitchin.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (118KB, 1300x823px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
118KB, 1300x823px
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-orange-county-idrive-wildfire-20170407-story.html
Doubt it will get close enough to threaten the Magic Kingdom
>>
>>91354039
Sci-Fi Dine-IN? I love that place!
and Be our Guest has the best theming of any Themepark restaurant I've ever seen or heard of
>>
Jaws at night was fucking awesome.
>>
>>91354052
was it chairs and/or living statues?
>>
File: tfw to intelligent for co.jpg (191KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
tfw to intelligent for co.jpg
191KB, 720x544px
I am shocked at the amount of women posters here. because i am one
>>
File: PeeWeeHerman-320_0-1535546621.jpg (122KB, 727x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PeeWeeHerman-320_0-1535546621.jpg
122KB, 727x1000px
>>91353222
damn that sucks I first rode it when i was a kid and it was pretty intense as fuck especially the lightspeed parts and the deathstar battle.

also paul rubens was the voice of the robot pilot
>>
File: almost got im.png (196KB, 387x430px) Image search: [Google]
almost got im.png
196KB, 387x430px
>>91354087
>If they bring it back it'll be nothing but 3D screens
>>
File: DSC_4610.jpg (3MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4610.jpg
3MB, 2992x2000px
>>91353725
no but i doubt its as good as this ecclair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TNnGx0pV0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqvgLOOFulk
>>
>>91354142

Universal really need to lay off of 3D screens.

Jimmy Fallon is apparently a shit ride and Fast & Furious is another fucking 3D tube.

Wonder what's going to replace the dueling dragons. Broomstick coaster? VR ride?
>>
>>91354150
>Go to Narcossi's in the Grand Floridian
>Meal Plan means our entire meal is paid for
>All get Surf and Turf
>Blue rare steak and a big fuckin lobster tail
>Tastes amazing
>For dessert get the "chocolate bar"
>Basically a half-pound brick of gnash covered in gold leaf
It was the most decadent meal I've ever eaten, Disney has some 10/10 food.
>>
>>91354209
Thematically the shrieking shack would fit nicely, dunno what the actual ride would be
>>
>>91354061
It's pretty close to the CP apartments though.
>>
>>91353606
>There was a time where this would be considered expensive.

>Now its about average with places outside the park.
>>
File: 9348080403_aa03a805fa921202356.jpg (97KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
9348080403_aa03a805fa921202356.jpg
97KB, 500x333px
cute....CUTE.

also best park princesses
>>
>>91354248
Dang, hope the folks I know get out okay.
>>
>Epcot used to have an incredible cake shop overlooking the fountain and lagoon
>it's now a Starbucks and has almost no seating

shit sucks man.

Disney also seem to be a lot worse at crowd control then they used to be. Lack of seating areas for coffee places means more people wandering around.

Went on the haunted mansion and it went into the overflow queue and they put you into a really wide pen so that everyone bunches up (uncomfortable as fuck in the Florida heat) and loads of people try to force their way around the edges to get in first.

>Universal queues are usually 10 minutes quicker than the estimates
>Disney queues were almost always 20 minutes slower
>>
>>91351766
>Went to Disneyland with my elementary school
>We're all about to go on Haunted Mansion
>I refuse to go on it because I was afraid the elevator doors might not open after we were inside (a running fear of mine at theme parks for some reason)
>I have to sit on some steps while everyone else is on the ride
>After a few minutes Fantasmic starts up

I remember really regretting letting my fear stop me, up until those lights dimmed.
>>
>>91354112
I have no idea. I think it was just some actor dressed up like an Italian guy in robes talking about something.
>>
>>91354209
>Broomstick coaster.

Stack of those vibrating broomsticks.

Ride is super popular with the ladies.

>>91354351
Okay it looks like the Wizarding World is my destination when I'm out in those locales.
>>
>>91354351
That Haunted Mansion shit needs to stop, so awkward trying to push through the crowd to get to the actual line
>>
>>91354351
Last heard the overall park director was a bit of a shit. Likely part of the problem.
>>
File: DSC_4700.jpg (2MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4700.jpg
2MB, 2992x2000px
>>91354225
>meal plan
>save money
pick 1
>>91354335
>tfw this anon wants you to die
>>91354283
>>
Went to Epcot before I was old enough to drink so I had a mixed opinion on it.

It was interesting but boring at the same time. Nothing amazingly thrilling but there were still lots of things to do.

I wonder if it would be better now.
>>
File: 1428500927890.jpg (47KB, 358x350px) Image search: [Google]
1428500927890.jpg
47KB, 358x350px
>go to disney world
>it rains

EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
File: 70496874.jpg (19KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
70496874.jpg
19KB, 360x480px
post you favorite park foods/snacks

hard mode: no dolewhip
>>
>>91354484
I was just having this same thought.

I also really want to go to Downtown Disney sometime. Never have before. Plus from what I know, they have plenty of arcades over there.
>>
>>91354497
Its Florida and the afternoon. It always rains.
>>
File: -Tigger-Tail-Whole-849207734.jpg (98KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
-Tigger-Tail-Whole-849207734.jpg
98KB, 450x338px
>>91354508
also
>>
>>91354508
Those frozen strawberry fruit bars you can find in the Magic Kingdom iirc. I think they're pretty much everywhere but shit. Those are my jam.
>>
File: IMG_4491[1].jpg (376KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4491[1].jpg
376KB, 1600x1067px
>>91354508
There might be tastier things out there but nothing beats a Power Pack.
>>
>>91354508
strawberry lemonade from price eric's village market
>>
>>91353984
This is so depressing now.
>>
So how is Disney and Universal working out the Marvel attractions? Universal always had the Marvel tours spot, but is that going to move over to Disney now?

>>91354497
It rains every single day around 2:00PM in Florida. Give it 20-30 minutes and all evidence that there was water on the ground will be completely gone.
>>
>>91354484
>>91354515

Its getting better. They are breaking out from the Expo Planned Community World Showcase model that they've had for decades. It takes time but its starting to come around.

>>91354351
With some noted casualties.
>>
File: IMG_0641.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0641.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
Went to disney world last year for my senior trip. It really felt like i had lived a lifetime overthere.

I dont know how but i need to get a group of at least 6 close friends to go to disney world so i can relive that amazing week. Best ride was the yeti, me and a group went on it so many times and even took our shirts off on it.
>>
>>91354225
>gnash

"Ganache". Jesus christ anon
>>
>>91354508

Those buttery pretzels they have at epcot. They have some good ass fries at the hotel cafes
>>
>>91354611
>It rains every single day around 2:00PM in Florida. Give it 20-30 minutes and all evidence that there was water on the ground will be completely gone.
Maybe during the summer. Even then as a Florida resident, I swear it hasn't been raining quite as much as it used to.
>>
>>91354484

It's my personal fav park, just don't expect mega thrill rides.

Mission Space blew me away, it's convincing as fuck.

It's slowly turning from Edutainment rides to Disney properties though.about half the rides now are rumoured to be getting Disney makeovers or replaced with new Disney rides.

Hoping they bring back innoventions at some point.

The alcohol is nice but you're paying $9+ for something that would cost £3.50 at a bar in the UK. Has a pretty representative range of British ales and ciders you see in pubs for the UK though.
>>
>>91354574
>look up price of that
>its only 6 bucks (not considering tax)

huh for a typical kids meal not that bad of a price. i would have guessed it being a bit more expensive considering lol disney prices.
>>
>>91354611

Universal still have indefinite rights to marvel but seem to have no interest in making any new superhero rides which is odd.

Disney found a loophole in that they can make marvel rides so long as they don't use the trademarks (hence the Guardian of the Galaxy ride).
>>
>>91354668
Every time I read about stuff other schools do it always kills me a little more inside that I went to a shit school that never did anything at all.

Still went my senior year, but it was two friends of mine and we skipped 4 days in the middle of February to go do it.
>>
>>91354743
>Mission Space blew me away, it's convincing as fuck.
One of my biggest Disney World-related regrets is not riding the ride during the multiple chances I had to because I was a little pussy.

It's not getting a rehaul is it?
>>
>>91354889

Rumours hinting at a guardian of the galaxy retheme.

A lot of people get intimidated about it because they read it's a centrifuge and that you're spinning really fast.

When you're on the ride you don't feel you're spinning at all, you just get the g-forces, it's neat. The only thing I would say is that claustrophobes would have a really bad time with it, you're in a pretty tight enclose space for it.
>>
>>91354985
>Rumours hinting at a guardian of the galaxy retheme.
Fuck this gay Earth. I suppose it's my fault for not going on it sooner. I guess I still have some time left before it gets renovated, if it gets renovated though.
>>
>>91354783
Perfect little snack for when you don't quite want to eat a real meal but still want something that isn't completely terrible for you too.
>>
>>91354474
>save money
You haven't seen the way my family does Disney anon, we ate like kings.
>Last day, burn all of our quickservice swipes at Earl of Sandwich
>Leave with four sandwiches and six salads
>>
>>91354370
I love stories like this.
People can laugh about how Disney is super tacky and commercial, but you can't fake shit like this.
>>
>>91354508
School Bread from Norway is 11/10
>>
File: Dreamfinder.jpg (35KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamfinder.jpg
35KB, 400x268px
Alright Anons, The Mouse has put you in charge of remodeling Journey Into Imagination. You can do whatever you want, but you have to bring back the Dreamfinder, keep Figment, and in some way teach the riders about the power of imagination. How do?
>>
>>91355280

Make it trackless and use the tech from Mystic Manor
>>
>>91355280
Make it the old version but with the best animatronics modern technology can provide
>>
>>91354835
Disney can put whatever Marvel stuff they want wherever they want, just not Florida. There's Avengers meet and greets in California and an Ant Man ride coming to China.
>>
Be Our Guest was full so we booked Crystal Palace for friend's birthday dinner instead.
I hope that's good.
>>
>>91355437
Wait, does that mean that >>91354985 probably isn't gonna happen?
>>
>>91354985
I think Energy Adventure is the one getting replaced with Guardians (which kinda works, since Future World).

>>91354889
I think the only change is how they added the less extreme option right after it opened. Last time I was there you could walk right on, but it does reasonable numbers far as I can tell.
>>
>>91354508
Bengal Barbecue's meat menu.

Next time I go, I'll give the tails a try. I've heard good things about them.
>>
>>91355280
Mystic Manor tech everywhere. Really put the Imagineers through their paces.

Plot follows a younger, new Dreamfinder refurbishing the defunct Imagination institute. Things start off dreary until he accidentally unleashes Figment and shit gets wild. The point is that you can make the best out of any situation with the power of imagination; if you put enough work into it, your dreams will become reality.

Also make a spiritual successor to One Little Spark. Billy Barty is still alive, right?
>>
File: norway (3)2036670960.jpg (353KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
norway (3)2036670960.jpg
353KB, 1600x1280px
>>91355277
jesus christ that looks so fucking good must try next time i go to epcot. is it more like a cake or doughnut?
>>
>>91355489
Forgot to mention, stuff like Guardians is fine because they weren't part of the original deal.

So you'll never see Spider-Man in Florida while this deal is still active, but they could totally put Guardians and maybe Doctor Strange in if they wanted (I actually think the latter had a meet and greet in Hollywood Studios).

The rumors I've seen have said that Energy Adventure is on the chopping block though, so I guess we'll see.
>>
>>91355480
Crystal Palace is cozy as hell. I always hit that one up for the breakfast buffet.
>>
>>91355668
It's like a very bread-y donut. Like, if you've ever had a really nice, soft loaf of bread, it's like that filled with custard and coconut on top.

It's mad reasonably priced too.
>>
File: 2080.jpg (128KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
2080.jpg
128KB, 450x338px
>>91354508
The Polynesian Resort had some Mickey Mouse waffles that were baller as fuck. To this day, some of the best fucking waffles that I've ever had.

Not sure if these count, since these aren't technically park food.
>>
>>91353733
Magic Kingdom has a cool barbershop quartet, complete with neat bells and self-deprecating humor (they claim to be the best singers in a two-block area), China at Epcot has acrobats that do [human stacking] and had a guy that balanced on alternating cylinders and tossed bowls onto his own head. My wife claims Morocco has belly dancers, but I've never seen them. Japan has some drummers at their entrance; the last guy I saw doing it was intense and had a huge smile on his face, he must have been enjoying himself.

Disney Springs (the mall) at night has neat stuff, like a traveling pianist, drummers, and guys on stilts dressed as giant, slow-moving topiaries.
>>
File: tmp_19593-norway-2-935031389.jpg (160KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19593-norway-2-935031389.jpg
160KB, 1000x750px
>>91355735
how big are they? would eating just one take care of you like for a breakfast untill lunch or early dinner.

also only 3 bucks not bad for disney price
>>
>>91354061
Disney has at least one on-ground fire department, plus unlimited money. They'll be OK.
>>
>>91354039
not there but I was on one of their cruises recently and they also had a beauty and the beast styled restaurant
thought it was odd that a french style disney dinning room wouldn't offer some variant of ratatouille
>>
File: Monte-Cristo-21216165749.jpg (240KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Monte-Cristo-21216165749.jpg
240KB, 800x534px
>literally crack the sandwhich

go to the blue bayou and get the monte cristo right meow
>>
>>91356160
Eh, I find those to be way over rated. The first few bites are orgasmic but I just get sick of eating it about half way through.
The Louisiana Lemonade though. I can drink that stuff till I puke.
>>
>>91355956
there are white guy rappers at disney springs sometimes that are fffffffffffffire
>>
>>91356280
That is pretty standard for a Monte Cristo. It's essentially fried twice, which will tear up your guts pretty quick. It's really best for sharing with another.
>>
>>91354209
>Jimmy Fallon is apparently a shit ride
Shocker, that
>>
>>91356286
I saw them the last time I was there, they're no joke. Dudes got skills.
>>
>>91355957
Like the size of a decently big donut or bagel.
Like, if you have Wawa wherever you are, it's roughly the size of one of their apple fritters.

Like maybe 5-6 inches in diameter, pretty much the ideal size to eat by yourself or split with someone if you prefer.
>>
>>91352180
theyve said theyre going to close disneywuest every tear cor the past 5 years. the nba deal fell thru.
>>
So why does everyone hate Journey into Imagination now?
The CGI looks pretty dated now, but I like the idea of conveying the power of imagination through a series of illusions.
>>
File: Figment 2 005-020.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Figment 2 005-020.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91355280
Mystic Manor tech with Shanghai Pirates levels of projection/physical blending. Use the comics as a starting point with Dreamfinder actually deciding to start teaching at the Academy Scientifica-Lucida and creating an imaginary portal to take us onto a "field trip" into the imaginary realms, culminating in a climactic escape from the Nightmare Nation.

>>91355639
Billy Barty's been dead for years.

Personally as far as casting goes, I'm just fine with the "Gonzo's Muppeteer digitally pitched up" thing they got going now.
>>
>China gets that bomb-ass Pirates ride
>Takes them like 3 years to build an Iron Man ride
>It's just a shittier Star Tours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsYWU-Z68y0&ab_channel=AttractionsMagazine
>>
>>91351665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQckL5XQDmI

reminds me of magic and my mom and Disney and makes me cry
>>
It's been like 20 years, why have they never tried to bring the Indiana Jones ride over to Hollywood Studios?
The stunt show is awesome, but do they seriously not have the funds/space to stick it in the Echo Lake area with the rest of the Lucasfilm stuff?

I guess they're trying to incentivize people to go to California (even though WDW is better in every conceivable way aside from weather), but still, it'd do well to round-out the ride selection in Studios.
>>
>>91357625
that queue music sounds like a remix of test track's queue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RdzAoW5kxA
>>
>>91357767
The execs running the parks in Florida are cheap lazy motherfuckers that have to be seriously prodded by Burbank to do anything that isn't just an overlay of an existing attraction.
>>
>>91351766
Went on the Peter Pan ride at Disney World around 10 years ago, and it broke down.

We had to sit up there (little boat was 50 feet in the air or something) for what must have been at least an hour. Firefighters had to come and carry us down on their mechanical ladder things, and we were given a shit ton of Fast Passes and mickey ice cream. overall pretty good deal.
>>
>>91357987

give me stories of executive laziness
>>
>>91357987
Florida execs are the same ones who pretty much told corp execs off and why we're keeping the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Twilight Zone themed, so it's kinda a give and take
>>
>>91358383
This.
They were totally gonna scrap the Florida one too, but luckily some of those execs were smart enough to see that awful backlash and listen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJFAm24rIxw&ab_channel=AttractionsMagazine
Despite how tubby he looks, that entrance is fucking dope, and I love the tech they're using to allow suit characters to carry out soundboard conversations with the guests.
>>
File: back ta formuler.jpg (61KB, 799x449px) Image search: [Google]
back ta formuler.jpg
61KB, 799x449px
OKAY HOTSHOT, HERE'S THE DEAL,
YOU'RE HEAD OF IMAGINEERING AND THE BIG BOSS WANTS YOU TO INCORPORATE MORE PROPERTIES INTO THE PARK.

>One Marvel License
>One Star Wars License
>One Disney-Owned/Rented Property of Your Choice

You gotta incorporate each of these somewhere into Disney World, but you've gotta tear down existing attractions to do it.
What are you getting rid of and what are you replacing them with?
>>
>>91359198
could I just like, modify Dinosaur into a Ka-Zar ride?
>>
File: Muppets.jpg (83KB, 477x657px) Image search: [Google]
Muppets.jpg
83KB, 477x657px
>>91359198
Guardians of the Galaxy as a Rock n Rollercoaster replacement

Star Wars Land seems sufficient enough. Really the only thing I would do is relocate Star Tours to the land and redo it again to fit the new time setting and not be so fucking reliant on rehashing very specific scenes from the movies and possibly covering planets only otherwise seen in animation or comics. Like there's going to be a bit of open land between Star Wars and Toy Story that's perfectly usable.

With the original Star Tours location freed up, build The Great Muppet Movie Ride there.
>>
>>91359385
>The Great Muppet Movie Ride
My nigga
>>
>>91352166
I feel so bad for Liberty Square cast members when Hall of Presidents open again and they have to deal with both crazy republicans and liberals.
>>
File: 1-disneyland_castle.jpg (198KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
1-disneyland_castle.jpg
198KB, 1000x450px
>>91351665
Hey /co/! I'm a WDW CP heading to Disneyland for the first time. How is it compared to Disney World. What are your ride and food recommendations?
>>
>>91351707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpT83XFX46s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTLsnB4apGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aevQ812iX0
>>
>>91354119
There are many of us anon.
Some of us are even Disney cast members here for shits and giggles.
>>
>>91359622
When I was there in January, I almost asked the attendants when Trump was going to be added, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's going to be surreal.
>>
>>91359701
Judging by the conversation from last thread, many would consider it a step down. Personally speaking, I can't comment seeing as I've only been to DLR.

Sticking to DL alone, Indiana Jones and Space Mountain are the first to come to mind in terms of must-rides in regards to the WDW experience. Also, Haunted Mansion, if only to check out the Hatbox Ghost firsthand. I'd mention Matterhorn Bobsleds, but it's closed for refurbishment until the end of the month. If you decide to do DCA, it has a decent selection of rides, but for god's sake: do the single-rider line if you decide to go on Radiator Springs Racer. It supports fast pass, but they usually get claimed almost immediately upon opening.
>>
>>91359198
>Remove Stich's Great Escape
>Change the theme so you're a SHIELD Agent in training tasked with monitoring the Venom symbiote
>Goes back to being legit scary like Alien Encounter, acts as a showcase for all kinds of new live special effects

>Remove Star Tours
>Relocate it like >>91359385 said, updating the CGI and putting more emphasis on coherent continuity
>Incorporate iconography like AT-ATs on a snow planet, but explain WHY that shit is going on at this place and time, maybe incorporate some characters/planets from Rebels
>Insert Great Muppet Movie Ride, turn the entire back section of the park into a Lucas/Henson wonderland
>Maybe incorporate stuff from Labyrinth/Dark Crystal if the rights were available
>Create animatronics which could operate Muppet characters the same way a Muppeteer might, using mo-cap to sync up the movements
>Muppet ride with fully-interactive, animated Muppets that are as real as can be
>>
>>91360221
>but it's closed for refurbishment until the end of the month
Thank god. Hope they find some way to make it less jerky. That ride trashes my back every time I'm foolish enough to go on it.
>>
Since we've talked about rides could we also talk about where you can find the most unique and interesting souvenirs? Like where can you get the most interesting stuff that you're not gonna see at every damn shop you go into.
>>
>>91360366
Immediately, my mind goes to a section of World of Disney in DLR's Downtown Disney that is nothing but artwork and high end sculptures. There have been a couple of things that I wouldn't have minded getting if I had the money.
>>
>>91359701
It's not as good as WDW, but it's still a Disney Park.

There was a place at California Adventure I remember from when I went in 2004. It was on Paradise Pier and they served these fucking insane batter-friend mozzarella sticks; the things were like 6-inches long and an inch thick, it was goddamn transcendental and it blew my little mind. I remember it being around Paradise Pier and I fear they got rid of it for Toy Story Mania.

Shit's delicious, definitely check it out if it's still there.
>>
>>91360366
I bought this hat one year and it's become kinda my trademark (since I've never met another person who owns it).

I think they've since discontinued the line of turkey leg clothing, so I gotta make sure I keep this one in good shape, it's served me well over the years.
>>
>>91360498
If they're the ones I'm thinking of, they used to have those sticks over in Frontierland. Now they're on a secret AP menu.
>>
>>91360551
I looked up what you were talking about and those were dinkly little breaded things.
I'm talking things the size of a goddamn dill pickle, no bread crumbs, just a thin layer of batter and more cheese than you'd know what do with.

They were truly spectacular.
>>
>>91360527
that is an awesome hat and Im jealous
>>
>>91360527
I'm getting jealous of an Internet stranger's hat over here
>>
>>91353793
>without needing 20 or so actors
They are ride & show, not Equity actors so they get paid the usual cast member rate.
>>
File: 005.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Ask a Monster anything....
>>
>>91360366
Right after the Hollywood studios gate there's a small shop that sells shit like signed movie posters.
>>
File: no this is what.jpg (30KB, 531x385px) Image search: [Google]
no this is what.jpg
30KB, 531x385px
>>91361426
>21 years old, wandering the Magic Kingdom while family relaxes at the hotel
>Go on all the shit they wouldn't care about
>Little Mermaid, Gaston's Tavern, fuck it, even Stitch just to experience it (surprise, it's shit and the only people who hate it more than kids are the ride operators)
>Decide to check out Laugh Floor cause fuck it, never been on it before
>Waiting in pre-show area
>Can text jokes for them to say during the show
>Try thinking of some, literally can't come up with something that isn't horribly dark/dirty
>Get put off by the bad Billy Crystal impersonator voicing Mike
>Decide to leave right as the doors open
>Walk right through the theater to the exit
>All in all, about 12 minutes wasted
What did I miss?
>>
>>91351766
Not an interesting story but I like bringing it up as an illustration now and then for how to be happy and stuff.

High school choir trip to Disney World.

We did about half a circle of the magic kingdom before everyone in my group got tired and wanted to sit down. We were only halfway through the time we had at the park on a trip we had saved up for all semester, and they wanted to sit down at a table in the shade for the rest of it. We were going to the animal kingdom the next day, they could sit down there.

I talked them into going on the small world ride at least because if you only ever to the park once every 6+ years at best then it's kind of the rule you have to go on that ride at least once while you're there. It took a lot of begging for them to just get up. They all got tired too easily and I was full of energy.

While in line we kept hearing people cheering behind us. Every two minutes this group would just cheer and get excited. When our part of the line passed theirs we asked what they were doing and they told us they were just excited to be at disney world and couldn't keep it in.

I was apparently in the wrong group.
>>
>>91361814
Why even go to Disney World?
>>
>>91353395
If you're strapped for cash then try out Disney Quest. Cheaper than any of the parks and a fun way to spend a hot day. It's a great way to compensate for being in the area but not having money for the parks, or if you have extra time but only had money for one day at one park.
>>
>>91353793
I had a friend who worked there over the summer, they don't get actors.
The ride operators are either cast as drivers or gangsters/cowboys. There's very little physicality to it and they both have to memorize a script (though the drivers have to stick to that shit 100%, the hijackers can improvise whatever they feel like).

They get paid the usual ride operator salary (which is kinda bullshit, since they do way more than the people running Philharmagic or Dumbo).
>>
>>91361864
the yeti ride is seriously awesome

as is blizzard beach. been there so many times. big scary slides for older folk and icebergs and shit for the kiddos to jump on and off.
>>
File: 006.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>91361814
If the preshow turned you off I don't think you would have enjoyed it the rest of it.
>>
File: Chuck E. This guy.png (390KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
Chuck E. This guy.png
390KB, 374x374px
>>91353725
>yfw it looked nothing like that in the live action version
>>
>>91361876
>If you're strapped for cash then try out Disney Quest.

Disney Quest is closing in a few weeks
>>
File: badtaxedermy3.jpg (102KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
badtaxedermy3.jpg
102KB, 600x733px
>>91351766
>At WDW with family
>Staying on location with Park Hoppers
>Family decides to go back to the hotel to relax for a bit
>Fair enough, we've been in the park literally since it was open
>Decide to stay because fuck you, I'm a spry young man in Disney World
>There are no rules
>I can do anything
>I can go anywhere
>Decide to check out Stich's Great Escape
>I know it's shit, but I've been on everything in the park and have a habit of ironically enjoying shitty things
>Preshow is great, all that traditional Disney animation
>Get led into the show area, I already know what the ride is
>Residual chili dog smell hangs in the air like a funeral fart
>Good sign
>End up seated near a young couple and their tiny daughter
>ohshitniggerwhatareyouthinking
>Ride begins, kids immediately start whimpering
>The themeing is still great, awesome use of colors and animatronics
>Stitch looks excellent, everyone is nervously chuckling at the corny jokes
>Lights finally go out, ride actually begins
>Right on cue, screaming toddlers everywhere
>Little girl is losing her mind, it's positively tragic to see someone so small so justifiably upset in Disney World
>Parents know what's coming, slip her out from under the restraint so she doesn't get spooked
>Teenage attendant awkwardly tries to tell them they can't be doing that
>Parents shoot her a "come on dude" look
>Attendant kinda shrugs sympathetically, pretends not to have seen them do it
>Everyone is uncomfortable
>Brace for chili dog
>PSSSSHHHHHHH
>Doesn't even smell comically gross, just kinda stale and unpleasant
>Like if a sick person burped after eating some salisbury steak in a nursing home
>No one is smiling
>Ride ends, everyone gets the fuck out
>Consider buying one of those 5 foot Stitch dolls because they were cuddly as fuck
>Realize that those ride attendants probably have to deal with terrified kids and pissed off parents for literally every show
>The chili dog smell is probably burned into their work clothes
>>
>>91361967
We were staying on-site at the Yacht and Beach Club, so they were literally a 10/15-minute bus ride away. We'd been in the park since opening and spent a few good hours beelining from fastpass to fastpass.

I'm like a frigging Terminator when I go to Disney, but my parents are almost in their 60's, I can totally understand them taking a break for some r&r every now and then, especially when the hotel is that close.
>>
>>91362055
Damn. That's a letdown.
>>
>>91362125
Shit, meant to quote >>91361864
>>
>>91362074
>tfw the chili dog smell is probably burned into the walls

>The WiR ride will have a faint lingering chili dog smell
>>
>>91362037
I think it dawned on me that it was all gonna be nothing but poorly lip-synched jokes that five year olds would be able to get for like 15 minutes.

It was like that bit in that one AVGN episode where it dawns on him that he's playing a Sesame Street game and he just goes "... why am I playing this?" before cutting to the next game.
>>
>>91362157
The worst part about it was how uncomfortable the ride attendant was.
Like, imagine being 19 and having to tell some parents "you can't comfort your scared, screaming four year old because that would violate safety protocols", because if you don't you'll get shitcanned for not following procedure.
All while in a dark room full of shrieking Chris Sanders voice clips and artificial hot dog smell.
>>
File: alien encounter.jpg (275KB, 625x496px) Image search: [Google]
alien encounter.jpg
275KB, 625x496px
>>91362074
>>Right on cue, screaming toddlers everywhere
>>Little girl is losing her mind, it's positively tragic to see someone so small so justifiably upset in Disney World

You should have seen it when it was Alien Encounter.

It was genuinely fucked up & little kids were losing their shit which made parents lose theirs twice as badly.
>>
>>91362176
Nah...not quite that. Honestly anon, you can check it out on Youtube.

It boils down to the guests who get picked & the energy they bring.
>>
>>91362262
See, my parents had the good sense to keep me away from that shit when I was little.
>6 years old
>total pussy when it came to thrill rides
>phobias include darkness and the xenomorph from Alien

I'd fucking love to go on that now though, Disney desperately needs some more stuff to appeal to the older crowds. Alien Encounter would probably do mad respectable numbers if they brought it back now, barring Space Mountain there are literally no thrill rides in that entire hemisphere of the park.
>>
>>91362262
>the part where the alien kills a maintenance worker and blood starts dripping from the ceiling

I went on this once as a kid and it was mortifying
>>
>>91362262
Also, the big problem with Stitch is that the outside appeals mostly to little kids while the ride itself is inherently terrifying.
Like, preshow:
>Silly animatronics
>Lilo and Stitch, one of the comfiest Disney films ever made
>Lots of goofy jokes and cute alien critters
>Bright colors, flashy animation, all the voices from the movie and Disney Channel cartoon series
And then the ride:
>Dark
>Claustrophobic
>Loud
>Intense

Like, I know the whole "WE'VE NEVER DEALT WITH A PRISONER LIKE THIS, THOSE RECRUITS WON'T STAND A CHANCE" thing is build up to the joke reveal of it being Stitch, but THE LITTLE KIDS IN THE CROWD DON'T KNOW THAT.

When I rode that ride, there were kids who started crying before Stitch even showed up, shit's intimidating. It's a ride that tries to appeal to a little kid demographic while being full of shit that 90% of little kids would find objectively unappealing. It'd be like reskinning Tower of Terror as Doc McStuffins, in terms of demographic appeal it makes no goddamn sense.
>>
File: LAUGHTER STOPS.gif (3MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGHTER STOPS.gif
3MB, 300x300px
>>91362329
>Tim Curry voices the robot in the preshow
>Explains teleportation, sends Skippy across the room
>Cracks a joke as Skippy shows up all fried and smoking
>Everyone has a good chuckle
>Teleports Skippy again, turns off the transfer, and explains how he just suspended Skippy's particles inbetween spaces indefinitely
>pic related
That ride had some serious balls
>>
>>91362555
Yeah that part was fucked up, even as a kid it disturbed me because skippy is essentially dead while his particles are suspended.
>>
>>91362555
The satirical elements were pretty good too

>People say we're only interested in Earth because it'll increase our profits. But we feel an obligation to upgrade lesser species technology, profit's just a byproduct we've learned to live with.
>>
>>91362656
I really wish they just refurbed it and replaced Jeffery Jones with someone who wasn't outed as a pedophile.

There's an alternate Earth somewhere where an upgraded Alien Encounter is still in Tomorrowland and Lilo and Stitch got a lovely attraction of its own instead.
>>
>>91354209
I've been on the Tonight Show Ride multiple times and it's not as bad as people say. It's just that there are 2 other rides that do the same thing (minions and simpsons). You could also add Shrek in there too. It also doesn't help that Spiderman and transformers are similar as well, both are fun rides though. The virtual line for the Tonight Show Ride is actually really cool. You can hang out with Hashtag the Panda, watch clips from Jimmy's show and occasionally the Ragtime Gals will come out to do a short show. It doesn't even feel like your waiting.
>>
File: louie louie louir.jpg (41KB, 400x422px) Image search: [Google]
louie louie louir.jpg
41KB, 400x422px
>>91362825
>You can hang out with Hashtag the Panda, watch clips from Jimmy's show and occasionally the Ragtime Gals will come out to do a short show.
I have no idea what those things are but I felt exhausted just reading this.
>>
File: mIKIDkrc.jpg (49KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mIKIDkrc.jpg
49KB, 512x512px
>>91362888
Hashtag the Panda kinda became the Mascot of the Tonight show and the Ragtime Gals are a music group that sing modern day songs in a barbershop quartet type style.
>>
>>91362395
They could totally make the ride appealing for little kids if the story was that you had to escape WITH Stitch.
Like, currently, Stitch is the antagonist. Your "job" is to watch him, you're on the side of the villains from the movie and TV show. It'd be so much better if the setup was that you were all prisoners getting sent to the cell-block along WITH Stitch, only for him to break out and try and free you. You could still have all the special effects and hijinks of an escaped Stitch, but he wouldn't be an antagonist to the audience (especially an audience where the main demographic is little kids).

It's such a botched idea and the fact that it's stuck around longer than Alien Encounter did is kinda amazing.
>>
>>91352003
I got Pink Eye at river country for the first, and only, time in my life.
>>
>>91353725
I have. It's a minty chocolate mousse >>91362262
I fucking loved that ride.
>Tim curry voiced the pre show robot
>>
File: GGGGLLLLLNNNNGGGGGGG.jpg (131KB, 790x591px) Image search: [Google]
GGGGLLLLLNNNNGGGGGGG.jpg
131KB, 790x591px
>>91363176
Before that it was Phil Hartman, but they figured that the preshow was too light-hearted for how scary the ride is, so they recast him as Tim Curry so that any parents who ignored all the signs and warnings had a chance to get their kids out of there before shit got too spooky.

>mfw they needed to make the preshow SCARIER to warn people that it was a spooky ride
>mfw they did this with the simple addition of Tim Curry
>>
>>91362656
>The company name is literally pronounced "Excess Tech"
>"If something can't be done with X-S, it shouldn't be done at all!"
>>
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/07/technology/disney-humanoid-soft-robot/index.html

O shit real Baymax soon
>>
>>91362262
>These speakers bolstered many of the other effects with foley, creating unique effects like positional audio from the monster, and created general atmospherics to keep the audience tense, including the murmuring and screams of other audience members, pink noise, and heartbeats.
They didn't fuck around.
Imagine if the Imagineers put their time and energy into making horror attractions with no restrictions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGXUJJrQBoY&ab_channel=santaonthecross
>>
>>91363640
"To physically interact with children," the filing says, "the inventors understood that the robot should be soft and durable."

>"To physically interact with children,"

>"the inventors understood that the robot should be soft and durable."

Yep the thoughts only went as far as designed that were child friendly..sure.

When is my official merch Leia sexbot going to be ready Disney
>>
File: 20150825_224709.jpg (63KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
20150825_224709.jpg
63KB, 480x640px
>>91351766
reposting from last thread
I met Adam The Woo and Justin Scarred once while riding Jungle Cruise for the twentieth time that night. They were streaming and I called them out while periscoping. I even got them to take a picture with me afterwards, I behaved like a complete autist but I think they didn't care. BEst night of my life desu, and people ask me why jungle cruise is my favorite ride.

>tfw havent been back
>tfw told the jungle cruise cast member i was going to
>tfw hope they kind of remembered me

pic related

What's /co/'s opinion on these two?
>>
File: crying wojack.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
crying wojack.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>91362262
>>91363213

>go to disney multiple times as a kid
>never got the courage to go on alien encounter because 2spooky for my fragile child mind
>get older
>fucking LOVE alien and space horror
>they replaced the ride with a shitty stitch ride

FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
BRING IT BACK
IT'S NOT FAIR
I WILL SUCK THOUSANDS OF DICKS JUST TO EXPERIENCE IT
>>
>>91362888
It's stuff from Jimmy Fallon's late night talk show.
>>
>>91354508
I got one every night I was there
>>
>>91354835
>Universal still have indefinite rights to marvel
That's only if they keep the marvel area updated.
>>
File: 1450528574452.jpg (219KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450528574452.jpg
219KB, 848x900px
>>91363705
>Disney tries their own version of Halloween Horror Nights
Sounds fucking amazing
>>
>>91355875
The best thing to get at the Polynesian Resort cafe is the Tonga Toast, Shaved Ice, and Dole whips
>>
File: Dole_Whip.jpg (805KB, 1500x2576px) Image search: [Google]
Dole_Whip.jpg
805KB, 1500x2576px
>>91354508
These count right?
>>
>>91364241
I got my entire family hooked on those, my parent's were skeptical because of the marshmallow/apple/passion fruit blend but It ended up hitting the spot when it was to hot
>>
>>91364343
>>
>>91364315
They need to take some of that Star Wars money and just build a park devoted to thrill rides and shit. I can understand people feeling like something like Alien Encounter doesn't fit in the Magic Kingdom, but if they want that male/teen audience, they should just reach out and grab it. Universal has the market covered on edgy/dark attractions, it's a totally untapped well they could mine.
>>
>>91364241
That's some amazing head if I do say so.
>>
File: 1458413761052.png (87KB, 390x352px) Image search: [Google]
1458413761052.png
87KB, 390x352px
>>91364390
>They need to take some of that Star Wars money and just build a park devoted to thrill rides and shit.
You'll just get another California Adventure situation.
>>
>>91364241
the pork shank and cinnamon bun where good too
>>
>>91364390
HS might be close to that when Star Wars Land opens

They already have ToT, RnRC and Star Tours

If they had the Indy ride instead of the stunt show it'd be perfect
>>
>>91364408
But didn't California Adventure do poorly in the beginning because it had no rides/themeing beyond "California"?
>>
So I'll be going in June, does the weather break over 100 F in June?
>>
>>91364457
And there wasn't much stuff for kids to ride.
>>
>tfw no Beastly Kingdom ever
>>
>>91364438
Honestly, Hollywood Studios would be perfect for a competitor to Halloween Horror Nights.
>Becomes Disney's Halloween Studios for the month of October (alternatively, Disney's Horrorwood Studios)
>Parts of the park turn into scare-zones when the sun goes down
>Certain areas like the Muppets plaza/Fantasmic area are safe zones
>Each area has a different theme
>Great Movie Ride queue is full of horror props, features a new pre-show/story/ending putting emphasis on horror films
>Haunted walk-throughs based on Disney properties like Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, and Alien Encounter
>Acts as an alternative to the Magic Kingdom, which goes all pumpkins and candy for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
>>
>>91364506
>Spiritual successor to Alien Encounter
>A movie studio bought a bunch of "props" from the now defunct X-S Tech
>You're there for a special effects demonstration
>They end up actually beaming a real alien monster into the chamber
Be a great way to recycle all that tech after they close Stitch, I don't think Wreck-It Ralph is gonna use the same format if they're doing a Sugar Rush VR thing.
>>
>>91363705
Also they had breathing and dripping slime likely holdovers from the Alien roots. But they let them go wild. I wouldn't mind a totally Tricked out Nar Shadda space port.
>>
>>91364543
>We'll never get Tomorrowland 2055
Feels bad man, Tomorrowland is suffering one hell of an identity crisis.
>>
>>91364535

Make it a very hack setup with some egotistical director that doesn't really know what he's dealing with. They are the first to get snacked
>>
>>91352153
Who?
>>
>>91364573
Nah, you gotta have them taken away, but at the end you find them dazed, covered in goo, and stuck to a wall.
Make it family friendly.
>>
>>91364573
>Director and a few "guests" get eaten
>Ride ends as we hear the Executive Producer assuring shareholders and marketing types that they got it all on film and that they're sure to win an award for the FX work
>>
>>91364583
some ride where you ride a train and see movie sets. All I remember is this one set where these battleships shoot fire at each other and one catches on fire. Another one is where the cars start shaking.
>>
File: 600-monorail.jpg (24KB, 600x275px) Image search: [Google]
600-monorail.jpg
24KB, 600x275px
Please stand clear of the doors...por favor montagese alajado des las puertas.

sitting in the front of the drivers cart was the shit as a kid
>>
>>91364589
>Make it family friendly.
That's the reason Stitch is as bad as it is. Go full gallows humor with it. Alien Encounter was decently popular, it's just that Eisner got frustrated that they had to close it for half a year to work out the timing kinks in the show.
After Jeffery Jones (who was one of the main characters) got caught with CP, it was all over.
>>
>>91354508
It taste like bacon but it would kill you if it's too hot
>>
File: typhoonlagoon.jpg (108KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
typhoonlagoon.jpg
108KB, 500x334px
Blizzard beach or Typhoon Lagoon?
>>
>>91364698
Been close to two decades since I've last been, but I remember liking Typhoon Lagoon more.
>>
Will the Yeti be fixed now that Avatarland is done?
Such a shame that one of the best animatronics in the world hasn't been able to fully function for guests for pretty much the entire time the ride has been open.
>>
>>91364698
>Whole family consisting of 10+ family members get to Typhoon lagoon early before park opens.
>The have the questionnaire to see what family get's first access
>My little cousin answers the trivia question because no one answers
>They let him in along with his mom and dad
>The rest of us follow
>The staff's faces when they thought they where just letting a family of three in but it turned out to be 10+
>>
>>91364731
which part is Avatar land in?
>>
>>91364698
depends how much you like wavepools

if you want the best slides, go to BB. If you want an awesome wavepool, TL is better. TL also used to have a Shark Reef where you can snorkel with sharks and rays and fish, but apparently they recently shut it down. Which is unfortunate bc it was awesome.
>>
>>91364731
To fix it they'd literally have to dismantle the entire mountain, since it's built into the support structure.

So I'd say there's a better chance of it being fixed now than ever before (since there's gonna be a new high-interest e-ticket in Animal Kingdom that would help offset the disappointment of Everest closing for a few months), but I still wouldn't get your hopes up.

Joe Rhode has pledged to not die until that Yeti is fixed, so I guess it'll happen eventually.
>>
>>91364762
never like shark reef when I was a kid. I kept worrying about being attacked by whatever species of sharks or stingrays they had.
>>
>>91364831
yeah as a kid it can definitely be hit or miss, especially because the water is so cold

it seemed to be a hit with the late teens though
>>
Dinoland was a mistake and needs to GO. The theming is bad, the movie is bad, the ride is atrocious. Given the choice, yes I would have picked dinosaurs over fantasy creatures like they did, but it was made all wrong.
>>
Anyone actually hit anything on this ride?
>>
>>91364698
Typhoon Lagoon seems like the better upkept park.
Hell, they've just opened another water coaster there and did a park renovation.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/typhoon-lagoons-refurbishment-adds-parkwide-improvements/
>>
File: 1447432063943.gif (544KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447432063943.gif
544KB, 500x375px
>>91364919
>The Crush N Gusher will now be open after dark, thanks to the installation of new lighting.
That sounds great.
>>
>Go on the Haunted Mansion
>At the elevator part with the movie pictures.
>they show the hanging man on the ceiling
>Everyone screams
>I've been on the ride so many times that I'm not surprised at anything
>>
>>91364915
I was turbo autist with this game

I looked up all the "secret" targets that give like a million points and begged my parents to take me JUST ONE MORE TIME until i hit them all

ended up being super space cadet or whatever the fuck. felt pretty amazing.
>>
>>91364975
>Secret Targets

We need a guide anon
>>
>>91364993
this is definitely at least one of the sources I used back in 2012 or so

http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/get-a-higher-score-on-buzz-lightyears-space-ranger-spin-ride-at-walt-disney-world/

the biggest difference maker is that you can just hold down the trigger, all the rookies pull at it as if its semi auto
>>
>>91364993
>>91365096
OH YEAH and when a target is lit it's worth 10x

and triangles > diamonds >squares > circles
for point values
>>
>>91361631
They actually closed it a few years back. Now it's just a meet and greet location for Donald and sometimes Daisy.
>>
>>91364887
>The theming is bad, the movie is bad, the ride is atrocious.
It needs a good facelift but these are all wrong answers.
>>
>>91364887
The ride's great m8 whatare you on about
The rest needs to go but keep the ride
I'd personally remake the area as a mythical part of the park and remake it into the indy ride at california
>>
>>91351665
im going hong kong Disney land in may any tips?
>>
>>91364915
>At WDW
>Parents and little brother got tired and went back to the hotel, I'm there past midnight
>Got some LeFou Brew in a souvenir mug, rode Space Mountain twice, I'm an adult
>Magic Kingdom after dark is dope as fuck
>No old people, no youth groups, no mobility scooters
>Just young adults and kids who are cool/well-behaved enough to ride coasters past midnight
>Shit's eerily quiet, you can even hear some of the rides (like Stitch) going on from the gift shops
>Decide to bounce like a half hour before closing, just to beat the rush
>Headed towards the exit, see Buzz Lightyear has a 5 minute wait
>Fuck it
>Walk right on, literally no line
>Go fucking hard on that shit
>Dual wielding, fuck you
>Forget that it takes your picture
>Camera flash
>Realize it just got a candid photo of me on the ride
>I must see this
>Run to the photo section
>Pic of me with the most genuinely intense look of concentration on my face
I wanted to snap a pic, but I know the ride attendants are supposed to discourage that kinda thing (though some of the people running Space Mountain let me get away with it because my goofy pic made em laugh)
>>
The lore behind Dinoland is actually kinda interesting, it's some people that set up a fair type area to get tourism money since the Institute moved in and got popular. So the kitschy nature of it is fitting but the story isn't immediately obvious
>>
>>91362074
I have exactly 0 sympathy for parents that don't know their children's limits.
>>
>>91365467
>I wanted to snap a pic
I can't speak for WDW but here on the west coast no one gives even the slightest shit.
Those screens are full of people pointing their phones.
>>
>>91365488
I feel like it needs one more e-ticket, you know?
Primeval Whirl is fun and Dinosaur is awesome, but it feels super sparse and out of the way when the rest of it is just midway games, a playground, and a Dumbo clone. Maybe something that could thematically bridge the cheesiness of the Din-O-Rama with the seriousness of the Institute, or something that crossed the lore of the two over to help define the area.

I get that they didn't just want to make "Not-Jurassic Park", but the concept of an Americana-style carnival just isn't that original for a theme park (even if it's original for a dinosaur theme).
>>
>>91365554
Eh, I was like 18 at the time and they rejoined me later on. My dad's not a big ride guy and my mom was recovering from knee surgery, so it's understandable.

Plus we had the whole week there, it's not like I was all alone for the family vacation. Honestly I kinda like going to amusement parks by myself every now and then, it's very liberating.
>>
>>91365558
I was also the only one in that gift shop aside from the employees and I think the Buzz Lightyear one is one of the ones that clearly has a "please don't snap photos" sign. I don't think they would have cared, but I also didn't wanna be that guy who ignored the sign in the event that they did have to say something, you know?
>>
>>91365576
I was talking about the little kid's parents, anon.
>>
>tfw my favorite character is Oswald and he is worshiped in Japan to the point where he is getting his own land and in the US all he gets is a small souvenir shop and a couple hidden Oswalds.

God fucking dammit.
>>
>>91365602
OH, I gotcha.
To be fair, the ride is super deceptive from the outside. Like, it's based around Lilo and Stitch, the preshow is all lighthearted and comedic, but the ride itself is dark and loud and frankly terrifying for anyone under the age of 9, particularly if they don't like the dark.

I'm wondering if they weren't just ignorant as to what the ride really was, since I don't think it kept the warning signs from Alien Encounter telling people "don't bring your kids, this shit's spooky". Plus, even if they did know what it was, I can't see the parents being the ones wanting to go see Stitch and smell chili dog, you know?
>>
>>91365601
>in the event that they did have to say something
While I'm sure no one would care, and doesn't that ride have something where you can send the picture to your email? I applaud you for following the rules and not potentially forcing cast members to do something that no one but the biggest jerks really wants to do.
>>
>>91365609
>Expedition Everest is in the shape of a Mickey/Oswald head
>It's all a massive facade that lasts for maybe 10-20 feet before giving way to a bland, boring service road
>The mountain doesn't even have a back to it
>All of this shit is totally invisible within the park no matter what angle you look at it
People who scoff at the idea of "Disney Magic" have no fucking concept of how well all this shit is put together. Call it tacky and commercial all you want, Disney World represents some of the most impressive feats of architecture and engineering the world over.
>>
File: there's a snake in my boot.jpg (298KB, 999x834px) Image search: [Google]
there's a snake in my boot.jpg
298KB, 999x834px
>>91365654
This may have predated Magic Bands. Also it disappeared while I was debating my conscience, so...
>>
>>91365683
this. You can see the back of the mountain from blizzard beach, and they literally painted the whole side just for that view. they're dedicated to keeping the immersion alive, that's for sure.
>>
>>91365609
I'm glad that at least they sell Oswald hats and other merchandise of him and his wife, but I'd kill for a meet and greet.
>>
File: keel boat sunk.jpg (53KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
keel boat sunk.jpg
53KB, 400x266px
>>91351665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
>>
>>91364915
Does anybody have that one photo from this ride?
>>
>Talk about going back to WDW with sister and brother
>Sure, anon!
>sister goes abroad to a very sunny country
>terrible things happen to her
>she now obsessively avoids the sun out of fear of skin damage, my guess being that she associates her mild skin damage with what happened to her
>ask her recently a few months after the fact
>flat no interest

it's not like not going to wdw is anywhere near the worst part of it but it's still sad that it's not happening
>>
>>91365395
I was fucking disappointed that was closed.

Was such a neat shop
>>
>>91366509
Same here. They had a sister shop at Downtown Disney, but that closed too and got replaced by that Harley Davidson store.
>>
My biggest attraction
>>
>>91364241
ive heard mixed reviews for these what do they taste like?
>>91364887
dinoland is great you pleb >>91365562

>>91365609
holy shit
>>
>>91351766
Tower of Terror broke down one time on us right in the middle of the section where you move forward and the glass is shattering. We sat in the dark for a few minutes before an employee showed up. They ended up turning the lights on and we got to walk through the massive room containing all the mirrors they use to do 3D effects. Was pretty cool to see how it all works.
>>
I actually prefer Universal Orlando (If we include Islands of Adventure) believe it or not.

I enjoy their properties and theming much more than Disney.

Also I don't care what anyone says, the new Kong ride is great, the 3d is amazing and the queue is worthy of being an attraction all on it's own.
>>
>tfw using your familys hotel res to book yourself a fastpass for the banshee ride the first day its open and cms arent blocked out
>>
>>91365562
>>91365488
The overlap between the two is the college students interning at the Institute. You see signs of their pranks and mischief around the Restaurantosaurus and as far as the local crowd goes, they seem to be the ones that enjoy having Dinorama around the most. Before they went with Dinorama, the original concept they had was a wooden rollercoaster called the Excavator themed as a ramshackle cart system that was used to haul rocks and eventually fossils from the quarry they first found dinosaurs in that the college students since repurposed for fun and painted some abandoned construction equipment to look like dinosaurs.

The way I see it, Dinorama just doesn't quite fit the role of a Roadside Dinosaur attraction correctly. A dark ride in the style and tone of the Jungle Cruise featuring prehistoric beasts in that wonky roadside dinosaur sculpture aesthetic would be a better way to represent that concept and create a fun contrast between the more realistic look of Dinosaur.

Also, the land could really use some more placemaking to make it feel like it's somewhere out west. Like for this roadside dinosaur dark ride concept, hide the show building in some mesa rockwork.
>>
>>91355875

God, I remember them damn waffles.
>>
Anyone else ever use these books to plan their days out?
They're worthwhile reads, honestly. Help plan your trip from park days to accommodation, tell you everything you need to know about rides, and even drop imagineering trivia about some of the rides too.
Really comfy read.
>>
>>91360366
I was kind of impressed how much variation there was between stores. I was on the hunt for Jiminy Cricket merch, since I dressed as him for one of the races. Every store had a different selection. None had Jiminy.

Then a nice gift shop person told me they could search for characters, so I ended up hopping over to one of the Port Orleans' section just for some silly keychain. Was kind of fun hunting.

At the same time, every single store has to have the requesite Star Wars and Marvel sections, even when they barely fit the theme.
>>
File: 1489113891543.png (355KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1489113891543.png
355KB, 500x447px
>only tron coaster is in china or somewhere
>>
File: DSC_1694 (2).jpg (743KB, 1781x1700px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1694 (2).jpg
743KB, 1781x1700px
>>91369098
do people get that primeval whirl is the cheap version of dinosaur?
>>
File: 129791361354.jpg (12KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
129791361354.jpg
12KB, 306x306px
>>91351766
>everyone kind of fucked off on school and mom took us to disneyland
>park is almost empty
>spend about an hour or two there
>suddenly people with red "gay day" shirts come in droves
>we get the fuck out of there
>>
>>91369471
What a terrifying experience, huh.
>>
>>91369499
i didn't say it was
>>
>>91365609
Oswald made his first WDW appearance at the marathon this year.
>tfw didn't run the marathon
>tfw probably could have done it
>tfw would have lost my shit at my boy Oswald
>tfw he was at mile 22, and that would have been the best fucking thing to re-energize for the last leg of the race
>tfw you were cheering people on at mile 23, oblivious to fact that Oswald was so close by

Life is hard.
>>
>>91366428
Go alone, anon. Meet up with some qts in line and have a magical Disney romance.
Or to hell with your sister and just have bro time with your brother.
>>
>>91364915
Not that one, but I was able to spam scores on the top secret, pretty much microscopic target in the Disneyland version of the ride.
>>
File: mad.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>91369338
>tfw star wars merch is in fucking animal kingdom
>>91369379
rumors say usa could get it soon
http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/04/07/ready-set-go-universal-patent-adds-more-evidence.html?ana=twt
>>
File: Animal-Kingdom-Lodge2.jpg (76KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Kingdom-Lodge2.jpg
76KB, 500x375px
Imma let you finish, but Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best hotel. You wake up to fucking giraffes outside of your window.
>>
>>91369780
Oh fuck yes those lightbikes were sweet as hell
>>
>>91369338

>At the same time, every single store has to have the requesite Star Wars and Marvel sections, even when they barely fit the theme.

False. DL had basically no Marvel stuff. All of it was in CA. And the Star Wars stuff while plentiful has nothing a grown adult who wants to dress decently would wear. Like I've seen better looking unofficial SW merchandise online. Same for the Marvel stuff too. There's no genuinely cool exclusive Marvel or SW swag. Most of it looks like stuff you could get at Wal-Mart. I was there last spring and I couldn't find anything to get my friends from back home or myself. To compare WB studios and Universal had better exclusive Harry Potter stuff. Disney needs to step the fuck up.
>>
>>91370266
That's interesting. Disney World is full of SW everywhere. But it was mostly standard stuff and not a lot of cool exclusives. I liked the C3PO Mickey Mouse ear hat though.
>>
>>91369381
Yeah, but why do we need two rides about the K-T Extinction Event?
>>
>>91360366
DLP is great for this, each shop has their almost unique actions, but best of all, it's got sales specific to each store. So you can salehunt in each one and see what deals are interesting.
>>
>>91370266
Star Wars merch is everywhere at Disney World. Pretty much every store not dedicated to a specific thing has some available.

Marvel stuff is pretty rare, though, mainly due to the fact that Universal Studios has the rights to the license, although there is a Marvel store at Disney Springs.
>>
You do hunt for hidden Mickeys don't you, anon?
>>
>near sighted
>have to wear glasses
>when getting on rides have to take off glasses so they won't get thrown off
>can't see all the visual
never been to any disney parks before, but how fucked am i?
>>
>>91371240
Couldn't you just hold the glasses in place during the ride?
>>
>>91371240
i go on all the disney world rides with my glasses
>>
>>91371296
i guess I can do that

>>91371329
does the rides whip you around alot in general?
>>
>>91371240
Most of Disney's coasters are pretty tame, what with the focus on environment and theme over raw thrill. Like Space Mountain's top speed is only like 25-30 mph, but it seems faster because of the darkness and special effects.

I've only ever felt the need to take my glasses off when dealing with coasters with loops and there's only two of those in American Disney parks, California Screamin' in DCA and Rock n Rollercoaster in Hollywood Studios
>>
>>91371240
You're more fucked if you go to universal studios than Disney World. Most of the Disney rides that have visuals aren't fast enough to cause a problem with glasses.
>>
>>91371359
>>91371379
cool, thanks for telling me.
>>
is this the most commfiest disney roller coaster?
>>
>>91372382
that's not big thunder
>>
Non merican here, went to orlando once.

Universals isle of adventure is a better park, even though it has less cool vanity shit like the disney parks.

Still was a fucking great experience.
>>
Anyone notice how Disney World doesn't have bugs? I went there in the summer, it's in the everglades, and yet I never had to swat at a single mosquito.
>>
>>91372768
Sounds great. How about roaches?
>>
>>91372382
I can't fathom why that of all rides always has such an absurd wait. The set pieces are good, but it just feels like such a dull ride.
>>
>>91372944
Fantasyland's got the most traffic in the park overall and Mine Train isn't the most efficient loader. Also, it's a better "Babby's first coaster" then Barnstormer
>>
>>91372944
nostalgia
>>
>>91372944
There's been a surge of interest thanks to the hit cartoon The 7D
>>
File: 1489716755265.jpg (49KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1489716755265.jpg
49KB, 251x251px
I always hate going to these parks, always thinking those mascots will get or when riding the water rides seeing things in the water.

I remember riding the Anacoda at Kings Dominion/ Six Flags, and as we were going up I swear I saw a giant snake moving in the water. Rode that ride with my eyes closed the whole time.

NOPE
NOPE
NOPE
>>
>>91373091
>The 7D
>Ha, nice try anon, trying to pull one over on me
>Look it up
Huh.
>>
Hah, my english is a bit broken there...
>>
>>91372768

They spray the fuck out of everything around the parks
>>
>>91372768
There was one time Animal Kingdom seemed to be infested exclusively with those bugs that attach their asses to each other
>>
>>91369098
>cheesy dark ride with clearlyfake dinosaurs
>halfway through the iguanodon from the institute wrecks the ride
>suddenly REAL DINOS
>>
kawaii
>>
>silly anon no upskirts for you
>>
>>91373661
>Scene that's some tacky Flintstones-ass caveman village.
>A mammoth has knocked over a wooden car and a Smilodon is chewing on a fake caveperson.
>>
File: 225500638_56d1e08697-169356408.jpg (53KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
225500638_56d1e08697-169356408.jpg
53KB, 332x500px
>>
>>
>>
>>
>they see your pins
>>
>>
>>91374034
Is it just me, or has pin trading really taken a dive recently? The last I was at Disney, every person on staff had nothing but the shitty trading pin packs they sell instead of anything good.
>>
>>
File: 0971947-1374253718.jpg (76KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
0971947-1374253718.jpg
76KB, 340x340px
>>91374109
wait untill all the new park areas start to open than there will be a new influx of pins and trading will pick back up. hopefully they make guardians pins for the new tower and better Star wars pins for the new park area. and even though i hate avatar im kinda curious how the pandora pins will look

also why are haunted mansion & halloween pins allways the best
>>
File: v584324LARGE-907131744.jpg (74KB, 900x461px) Image search: [Google]
v584324LARGE-907131744.jpg
74KB, 900x461px
i would kill to have that hades pin
>>
>>91369098
Agreed.
It's a fun concept with a lot of potential, but it feels kinda half-assed compared to everything else in the park (which is understandable, since everything else is real animals).

I'd like it if they really went hard on the Route 66 Americana vibe, that Excavator coaster and dark ride sound like they'd do a lot to round the area out.
>>
File: retro disney star wars merch.jpg (474KB, 1536x1064px) Image search: [Google]
retro disney star wars merch.jpg
474KB, 1536x1064px
>>91370266
I really like this line of merch they have where it's those classic Disney Park posters, but repurposed with Star Wars.
>>
File: Milhouse Costume.jpg (101KB, 538x395px) Image search: [Google]
Milhouse Costume.jpg
101KB, 538x395px
>>91375066
As a Disney and Star Wars fans, this makes me cringe.
>>
The light up star wars mickey ears were kinda neat. Wish I'd bought some in restrospect.

They reminded me of the kind of thing you'd see on 80's electronic toys
>>
>>91353395
I only went back when it first opened, but it was fucking awesome (idk if you'd like it as much if you aren't a fan of Harry Potter, though)
>>
>>91353128
I did but didn't eat there. reminded me of a much scaled down planet hollywood with marvel props in the cases.
>>
>>91374034
>>91374109
>>91374373
>tfw I still have the pins I bought kept away in my drawer
It's mostly the Mickey Mouse-shaped flags they put out. Idk why but I really liked those when I was a kid.
>>
>>91375341
My brother got a pair of those, they're pretty rad.
>>
>>91375170
See to me it's exactly the right kind of cheesy
>>
>>91375840
My younger brother took most of our pin collection went he left for college, but I managed to salvage some villain pins when we were all home for thanksgivings and he hadn't taken them with him yet.
>>
>>91376313
Whaddya got?

Just found my pin collection and it's not all flags, but most of it is probably nothing special. Probably the coolest one I have is a PotC skull one.
>>
>>91369199
yes. when there's that much to do and see, you gotta be prepared.
>>
>>91372382
splash mountain is by far the comfiest

by FAR
>>
>>91353417
I really likes the Harry potter dark ride until I found out Universal uses the same blueprints for all of their dark rides and just changes the theming
>>
File: tmp_18lkiKX4Lcj851599705.gif (19KB, 670x867px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18lkiKX4Lcj851599705.gif
19KB, 670x867px
>>91376540
>splash mountain
>Roller Coaster

no bad anon BAD! its a log flume. log flumes are not coasters
>>
>>91377067
A log flume is just a roller coaster on water.
>>
>>91376393
I have Stromboli, Br'er Fox, Madame Medusa, Hades, Mad Madame Mim, Cruella DeVille, Captain Hook, the evil queen from Snow White (Both as the queen and as the old hag), Ursula, Scar, and the three hitchhiking ghosts.
And a limited edition Ursula perfume thing pin that I bought the last time I was in Disney, plus a pride Mikey because I love cock,
>>
File: DSCN0939.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0939.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
all I know about disneyland is that it has a lot of fat birds
>>
>>91377067
They're sorted as coasters in Rollercoaster Tycoon.
>>
>>91377199
A lot of people feeding the birds, then.
>>
>>91369626
yeah but my sister and brother usually like, fill up the "gaps" in what each of us are interested in for lack of a better term

my brother and I like some things my sister doesn't and vice versa, it works well

maybe in a few months/years she'll be a bit better about it, I'm suddenly thinking it might be worthwhile to wait until star wars world anyway
>>
>>91377221
as god intended
>>
>>91377184
I really want more villains so I'm kinda jealous of your collection. I really want Chernobog and Maleficent at least. Dr. Facilier as well, assuming they've made a pin of him and I see no reason as to why they wouldn't.

>plus a pride Mikey because I love cock,
Hey, nothing wrong with that. Sorta want one of those myself. Do they make Mickey's with the bi flag?
>>
>>91377334
>Do they make Mickey's with the bi flag?
I don't think so, but they might make one eventually.
>>
>>91376705
Do they really? Honestly, they hide it pretty well, especially since stuff like HP and Spider-Man have entirely different ride systems.
>>
>>91369471
>tfw when gay and that would have been amazing

>>91373653
they were mating dude, bug sex everywhere
>>
>>91376705

That is flat out wrong

For example Transformers is set on two floors (you up and down on separate elevators)
>>
Do I need memory maker to have pictures taken or will they take them anyway and hold them hostage for me to buy later.
>>
>>91377926
They'll take them anyway, but you have to pay to download them.

But you can also ask them to take a picture with your phone, and they will. Which is pretty cool, since you'd expect them not to.
>>
File: 1489010367545.png (140KB, 287x358px) Image search: [Google]
1489010367545.png
140KB, 287x358px
>>91364915
Why do does this ride even exist? Midway Mania is literally that but better in every way.

Why not just have it be a regular Toy Story darkride?
>>
>>91377416
>>91377758

A quick check reveals he's fall of bullshit. All the big rides seem to have unique layouts.

He's possibly thinking of Disney rides where layouts are often clones (Dinosaur and Indiana Jones both have the same track).
>>
>>91377199
Oh yeah, they do, don't they?
>>
>>91377966

This was a pure Eisner era ride. Built cheap and fast as a lazy counter to the Men in Black ride.

>Men in Black is probably the next ride on the chopping block.

It's a shame but it dated fast, it's always empty and it takes up a big chunk of land.
>>
>>91377966
>Midway Mania
>Literally a Wii game
>Next to none of the actual voices
>Screens, screens, and more screens
>"Andy got some kind of carnival toy" as opposed to "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Ride"
>Better in every way
>>
>ride has no queue
>you still have to sit through the 10 minute long, boring pre-show

Pre-shows serve a purpose as a extended portion of the queue when busy, when they're not busy they're cancer.
>>
>>91378108
I like that Universal sometimes opens the MiB queue so you can just walk straight through the elevator part

The queue when it's busy is so fucking bad because they pack everyone into that "elevator"
>>
We have some good ideas about what's coming in the near term, but how do you think Disney World/Land will change over a longer term? Any predictions for the next 20 years?
>>
>>91378083
It's kind of a half-assed take on Star Command though. LIke you have the vague "It's still playtime with toys rather then actual Buzz's adventures" implication and they don't really work any elements of the show itself into the ride.

Really it just needs a little plussing
>>
>>91378083
Also five and a half hour lines.
>>
>>91378550
How long until Universal Studios loses the Marvel rights?
>>
>>91378083
We need that Hong Kong version of buzz which looks fucking cool

The WDW is showing its age
>>
File: shootin_Gallery-869460214.jpg (225KB, 478x684px) Image search: [Google]
shootin_Gallery-869460214.jpg
225KB, 478x684px
>>91377966
>>91364915
quick you have 10 seconds to come up with a brand new arcade shooter ride based off of anything disney can currently use

hard mode:nothing based off of a movie/star wars.

nightmare mode: nothing marvel

first idea i know is overused but imagine a pirates of the carribean half animatronic half video ship cannons arcade shooter that makes you fight against all of the movie villains.

2nd idea a Incredibles mostly video arcade shooter with animatronic stuff in betwen boss fights.
- at the start of the ride you choose what you want to shoot as your superpower (projectile stuff like fire, ice, wind, rocks, energy, etc...)

-during the ride you have video boss battles against the incredibles villans which have both you winning and you losing scenarios

-in between bosses have minion animatronics to beat and civillians/disaster situations you try and help to save

-the villans have life bars as so do you and the person who gets the last hit on the boss gets bonus points.
>>
Money's tight right now, but I want to go to WDW in the near-ish future.

When do you think the Star Wars section or Indiana Jones restaurant'll be in, WDW is fucking expensive and I figure it'd be good to go there when the shit I'm excited to see is in
>>
>>91378612
IIRC, it's perpetual as long as Universal continues to keep the rides they have properly maintained. There is still the option for Universal to close the Marvel section, stop paying Marvel, or if Marvel just flat out opts out of the contract.
>>
>>91378768
>When do you think the Star Wars section or Indiana Jones restaurant'll be in
Star Wars Land is set to open sometime in 2019. They're still busy building it, and it was primarily just empty space when I looked in back in early March.
The Avatar section of Animal Kingdom opens on May 27, if you're set on seeing something new at some point in the immediate future.
>>
>>91378768
Indy restaurant is open. It's at Disney Springs, the outdoor mall section.

Remember that pilot from the opening of Raiders with a pet snake? He owns a bar now and somehow got inducted into the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.
>>
>>91378626
>check out the HK version
>It's just the DLR version

Oh well. Wanted to be sure before commenting. At least they still have the secret target on Zurg.
>>
>>91378846
>>91378626
Shanghai's Buzz is the enhanced one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCyjri5JDKg
>>
>>91378947
Yeah, I mixed up HK and Shanghai

Even HK looks slightly better though with the light-up targets
>>
File: Zeb Nebula.jpg (162KB, 1900x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Zeb Nebula.jpg
162KB, 1900x1075px
>>91378584
At least there's the flat on the wall of Zeb Nebula
>>
>>91377221
>perfect segue into a Mary Poppins reference
:3
>>
>>91378626
I remember reading somewhere that the HKDL version is going to get a Ant Man retheme to go along with some Marvel related expansion that HKDL is gonna get in the future
>>
>>91360221
>Matterhorn closed for refurb until the end of the month
Looks like we'll be able to go on. We're going a few days after it opens back up again.
>>
When I was a kid, I drew up a "plan" (actually a scribbled map going all over the place) of my idea for a Disney ride.

The idea was that you're in a small marlin-shaped sub and you're chased in a roller coaster sort of experienced by the Anglerfish from Nemo.

I maintain it'd be sick.
>>
>>91379340
It would be a lot more fun than the actual Nemo ride, especially if it kept the aquarium bit.
>>
File: aang eyes.jpg (25KB, 486x424px) Image search: [Google]
aang eyes.jpg
25KB, 486x424px
>>91353395
>Yuropoor
>Went to visit aunt in the US with the family
>We managed to plan a trip to Universal too
>Both me and my sister have been huge Potter fans ever since the first book
>Rush through the rest of the park to get to Wizarding World
>We enter Hogsmeade
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6-pEhrJsCw
>In complete awe walking through Hogsmeade
>Music swells to a climax right as we walk along the bend
>ACTUAL FUCKING HOGWARTS IS RIGHT THERE
>Get actually teary-eyed seeing my childhood dream right in front of me
>Sister is full-on crying her eyes out
>My dad who has no interest in Potter at all is visibly impressed
>Best day of my life

And that was a few years ago, before they even added Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express. How are they? Is it mostly the same shops or is there actually cool new stuff too? I actually have no idea what they're like.
>>
>>91374034
I do have some tink pins ;)
>>91374373
Need the dueling one is this a new set?>>91376393
I have 19 pirates ones and I will post a pic if theres a thread up
>>
>>91379340
I'd go on that. I'd do it nine times.
>>
>>91379340

There's the finding nemo coaster in Disneyland Paris which is a spinning coaster... that is for no good reason in total darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRFvy4anMds
>>
>>91379694
>The French word for totally is totally

neat.
>>
Disneyland Paris is apparently getting a whole bunch of marvel stuff.

Shame all of it sounds like re-themes.

>Aerosmith coaster = Spider-man coaster
>Tower of Terror = Guardians of the Galaxy (although that uses the more advanced ride system so would be different from the other one)
>Cinemagique = Marvel stunt show
>>
I dream of going to Disneyland someday. I did it once when I was young, and I have only a few scant memories. It'd be nice if there was some sort of birthright trip to go to Disneyland as an American, like how Jews all get to go to Israel. I'm pretty sure Disneyland's better than Israel, anyway.
>>
>>91379995
Nope, their Tower's an exact copy of California's.

Florida is the more advanced system.
>>
>>91379995
>Tower of Terror = Guardians of the Galaxy
They're bringing that to California as well.
>>
>>91380070

God dammit, is there a Disney park that got shit on more than DLP?

It was even built after the Florida one wasn't it?
>>
>>91379543
that hauted mansion set is from 2008 so its probablly rare if you will find anything from it irl.
i want those bride pins too the dueling one is also cool.

seriously why is it that the coolest pins are all limited editions
>>
>>91380154
Paris's problem was that they blew a lot of money on a large hotel lineup at launch despite the proximity to fucking Paris and attendance wasn't the best when it started. Eisner shifted the blame to "We spent too much money making this park beautifully detailed, we gotta cut costs in every park after this" and that's how we got California Adventure and Disney Studios Paris.
>>
>>91380236

Ah Disney studios Paris. The theme park that opened with just 5 rides.

I remember reading that the DLP hotels had more capacity than could actually fit into the park.

Then they did stuff like not actually the land around Disneyland Paris. The result? Disney have little control over the main pathways into the park so when you leave for the day, you have to weave through a bunch of immigrants and assylum seekers selling shit from dirty food carts or off of blankets.
>>
To those of you who do collect the pins, what criteria do you have in deciding what to get?
>>
are talking trash cans and water fountains still a thing?
>>
>>91378768
>>91378832
I didn't know there was going to be an Indiana Jones restaurant. Now I really want an attraction based on the temple from the first movie.
>>
>>91381161
>talking trash cans
I'm pretty sure they'd still let you in
>>
>>91381079
I personally collect the villain pins. I usually buy a pin trading pack at the start of my trip, and then trade for things over the course of the time I'm at Disney.
If there are any cool new pins or limited edition ones, then I'll just buy those outright at the store rather than trying to trade for them.
>>
>>91381771
gottem

really though they used to like, have a speaker for certain inanimate objects with an operator voicing them nearby
>>
>>91381161
>are talking trash cans and water fountains still a thing?

Push the Talking Trash Can was a third party contract offering and outside Disney ownership.

The guy who owns it is an ex-Imagineer and an incredible douchebag and unless he sells Push to somebody else Disney won't touch it.

The fountain is still going at Universal.
Thread posts: 463
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.