[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Hunchback of Notre Dame is rated lower than Mulan, Hercules,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 123413243124.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123413243124.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
>The Hunchback of Notre Dame is rated lower than Mulan, Hercules, Tarzan, and even 101 Dalmatians on most websites
>The only disney film that anyone even gives a shit about with a lower rating is Pocahontas
Comparing it to stuff like the Lion King and Little Mermaid is unfair, but why is the Hunchback such a low rated movie? Get rid of the Gargoyles and I would honestly call it one of Disney's best films.

What killed this film?
>>
Quasimodo strikes a little too close to home.
>>
>>91351380
Nothing killed it. It did great at the box office, and the critics loved it.

There's definitely a marketing mismatch, however, that leaves many viewers dissatisfied. Like taking a big bite of chocolate ice cream only to realize someone re-used the container to freeze gravy. The posters and splash screens show a happy-go-lucky Quasimodo, promising a fun Disney frolic. What you get is a disturbing story with lust and murder. It may have GOAT scenes, but if it's not what the audience expected they're not going to like it.
>>
It's simple: It was too kino for normies.

They want lower tier shit like talking animals
>>
>>91351380
>Get rid of the Gargoyles

Unfortunately, the Gargoyles are in the film.
>>
The garygoles. That's it for me. They don't fit the tone.
>>
>>91351380
>Get rid of the Gargoyles and I would honestly call it one of Disney's best films.
>if this thing that makes it suck weren't there it wouldn't suck

Well sonny, the thing is there, and it sucks.
>>
File: 1469131798934.jpg (81KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
1469131798934.jpg
81KB, 700x526px
>>91351680
>>91352084
>>91352096
>Gargoyles fucked up what could have gone down as Disney's greatest film
Seriously, why the fuck did they think the Gargoyles were a good idea? They already had Clopin for comedy relief and the goat for the "silly not human sidekick" checklist, at what point did they say "wow, that scene with Esmeralda singing to mother Maria and god himself to remember her persecuted people and offer some help was beautiful... Alright, now lets have a fat Gargoyle make out with a goat!"
>>
File: gargoyles.jpg (61KB, 400x612px) Image search: [Google]
gargoyles.jpg
61KB, 400x612px
>>91351680
>>91352096
>>91352234
>>91352084
What if they were the other kind of Disney Gargoyle?
>>
>>91351654
>It did great at the box office
Actually it bombed
>>
>>91351380
I notice how many Western people saw the movie first and praise it for being darker in comparison to other Disney movies.
And how many people in my country read the book first and bash the movie for being lighter in comparison to the book.
>>
>>91351380
not that many people have seen HoND when they were children. or maybe they did, but only once unlike other Renaissance movies of whose existence they were reminded 24/7
>>
>>91352317
>Read the book
>Goes to see the child-friendly cartoon movie based off of the book.
What were they expecting.
>>
>>91353356
This
Who the fuck saw "DISNEY'S The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and thought it would end with Esmeralda getting hung and Quasimodo spooning her dead body until he starved to death?
>>
>>91351380
Other than Tarzan those are all solid movies.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.