[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some lesser known characters you love? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (928KB, 1440x2214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
928KB, 1440x2214px
What are some lesser known characters you love?

Pic related for me, the metal men are awesome
>>
Arcanna
>>
>>91342992
Their redesigns are fucking awful, thank god their shape shifters
>>
>>91342992
>the metal men are awesome
Why?
>>
>>91342992
What is the appeal of the Metal Men? What are some of their best stories? They keep showing up in stories I've been reading, and I don't know if they have any appeal outside of "goofy golden age cartoons in a super-serious action hero world".
>>
>>91343160
>>91343178

Cool concept, they can be pretty powerful without being OP and with plenty of weaknesses too.

Their family and friend style relationship with each other and Magnus is fun to read.

Their personalities are endearing.
>>
File: tumblr_o3sbk9DWog1ql8pnuo1_1280.jpg (138KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3sbk9DWog1ql8pnuo1_1280.jpg
138KB, 582x900px
Original Quasar
>>
>>91343222
Sweet cape
>>
>>91343193
I could seriously use that post to describe any character ever. Go in depth and tells us what makes them unique, what makes them interesting, what sets them apart. To it just just looks like the shapeshifters squad instead, and I'd much rather read Plastic Man if I wanted a goofy shapeshifter.
>>
>>91343262
Well, each of them embodies an exaggerated characteristic, so that's fun to watch too.

I never claimed they were the best, I just personally love them.
>>
>>91343269
Recommended reading? I've checked out 52 and Gods and Monsters.
>>
>>91343269
>so that's fun to watch too
To me it's not because it ends up with each having their own catchphrases that they constantly use and as such the dialogue becomes very skippable as the writer struggles to have them all speak as much as possible so that they get "equal billing" but that causes 90% of the dialogue to be superfluous and skippable.
>>
>>91343262
Maybe try reading their original solo if you're interested? The same applies to Plas (or rather, Police Comics in his case) honestly. You HAVE read Police Comics, right?
>>
File: Brother_Power_2.jpg (80KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
Brother_Power_2.jpg
80KB, 400x602px
>>
>>91343262
You should give the original comics a shot, anon.

Also, read Plastic Man's golden age stuff since it's pretty hard to compare his comics to anybody else's.
>>
>>91343327
Of course, It's the best Plastic man. Not a huge fan of his recent stints in the Justice League and such, the Kyle Baker run was great though.
I'd read bits and pieces of old Metal Men issues and they're nowhere near Police Comics in terms of quality and creativity.
>>
>>91343364
Can somebody give me a quick rundown on this guy?
>>
>>91343378
Animated mannequin. Comic was cancelled after only two issues because some guy at DC hated hippies.
>>
Agents of Atlas is my jam
>>
>>91343375
Well of course not, Police Comics was beyond exceptional. The point is a lot of what people like from those characters come from their original runs, both of which are pretty darn good comics. Just because they're not AS good doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable.
>>
>>91343462
Mort can go fuck himself. He was trash compared to Joe Simon, and striking what could have been one of the man's best works down because "GRRR DAMN STUPID KIDS" is so infantile and moronic it makes my head spin.

Seriously. Fuck him.
>>
File: dp.jpg (489KB, 900x1263px) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
489KB, 900x1263px
Since OG Doom Patrol doesn't actually count anymore,
Animal Vegetable Mineral Man
>>
>>91343561
>Gerard Way convinces Grant to come in and do a fill in story on his run of Doom Patrol. It's his Animal Vegetable Mineral Man story.
>>
>>91343561
Such an OP power, yet is never used cause he most known to look ridiculous.
>>
File: tina doc.png (579KB, 407x613px) Image search: [Google]
tina doc.png
579KB, 407x613px
>>91342992
Great taste, Metal Men are fun af and Tina is the best robotfu

I also love the OG Sandman Wesley Dodds, but I've only read Sandman Mystery Theatre. I need to bone up on the JSA.
>>
File: Aracely_swear_jar.jpg (926KB, 946x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Aracely_swear_jar.jpg
926KB, 946x1218px
Why didn't you put two dollars in the swear jar to fund conclusion to her arc?
>>
>>91344274
>dat pipe
>dat smoking jacket
>dat square jaw

Every character in the sixties and fifties DID look like reed Richards huh
>>
File: sleepwalker.jpg (243KB, 400x544px) Image search: [Google]
sleepwalker.jpg
243KB, 400x544px
>>91343522
He was the one that put all the black people in the future on a magic disappearing island, right? Fuck that guy.

Back on topic, I always liked Sleepwalker.
>>
File: IMG_0681.jpg (126KB, 648x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0681.jpg
126KB, 648x516px
Mania
>>
>>91345516
I unironically would wear his brown or green plaid blazer
>>
>>91342992
>Clank clank clank clank...
>>
File: platinum and the man of steel.jpg (105KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
platinum and the man of steel.jpg
105KB, 500x330px
>>91346610
>>
I just want them to show up so that Magnus can finally give Tina the dick.
>>
>>91346733
Hard to get interested when you know she'd feel like fondling a cold girder
>>
>>91343378
Some Hippies left their bloodstained clothes on a mannequin to dry so they wouldn't shrink.
After soaking in the sun for about 6 months, it got zapped like Frankenstein's Monster and came to life.
But the only people he could learn language from were hippies at first.
Anyway, he's got a pure heart, the strength of a dozen men, and a peculiarly good way with women.

Two issues, an appearance in Moore's Swamp Thing, and a Vertigo Visions, as well as being mentioned as part of Earth 47 in Multiversity.
>>
>>91347246
He also had an appearance in Brave and the Bold, the Batman team-up comic, not the cartoon.

He's also got some electrical powers IIRC.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.