[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being 21, my childhood(5-10) was in both the early 2000s and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
Being 21, my childhood(5-10) was in both the early 2000s and the mid 2000s.

I enjoyed them both, yet 2004-2006 seemed to be a bit more bland and dry when compared to the mighty 2000-2003, not just in terms of cartoons but in general. What caused this shift to blandness in the mid-00s?
>>
File: Home_on_the_Range_Poster_Promo.jpg (300KB, 1000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
Home_on_the_Range_Poster_Promo.jpg
300KB, 1000x1409px
The catalyst of a downward spiral.
>>
>>91342636
Cartoon Network had some major staff shakeups in 2004 if I remember correctly. End of "cartoon cartoons" and all that
>>
>>91342636
I'm 21 as well and I actually feel the same way.

I think it's because I started going on the internet more (I had my first YouTube account in early 2007), and became more aware of the negative aspects of pop culture in general. It kinda ruined the magic of childhood for me. Hearing about how popular Soulja Boy and dumbass reality TV shows tainted my view of the world a bit, which is hilarious because at this point I've been becoming just as nostalgic about late 2000s pop culture as I was about early 2000s childhood.
>>
Iraq War started in 2003 and made everything emo and boring
>>
>>91342636
I've got to ask, was the monkey gay for the protag? The plot of the inevitable prom episode was strange in that Jake was jealous that Adam was going with someone else. Pair that with Jake's butt obsession and it's all starting to make sense.
>>
>>91343390
There was an episode where he specifically said he didn't like Adam that way, but I forgot which one.

Adam was daydreaming about his crush in class and he almost kissed Jake.
>>
>>91342636
Why do you remake this and other 00's ruined cartoons threads OP? You even go to other boards like /v/. What is your autism? "golden age"
>>
File: stu-synder-cartoon-network.png (337KB, 953x533px) Image search: [Google]
stu-synder-cartoon-network.png
337KB, 953x533px
What happened was CN hired this guy as president and he basically took away all the Cartoon Cartoons and tried to make it a combination between TeeNick and GAS.
>>
>>91343851
This. Snyder was behind the godawful CNReal movement, which thankfully collapsed after just a few years. Moving cartoon network away from cartoons was bewilderingly stupid, and the channel was cancer until 2008 when Flapjack and Chowder premiered.

That period of 2004-2008 was great for Comedy Central watching. That whole channel was at it's height during the late Bush era.
>>
>>91342716
This, it's believed to be the same reason that Samurai Jack wasn't renewed despite its high ratings and critical acclaim.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.