[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /co/. Tell me about this HTTYD movie. Is it worth the time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Hey, /co/. Tell me about this HTTYD movie. Is it worth the time to watch? How about its sequels?
>>
I think the first one is fantastic, and the second one is completely unnecessary.
>>
>>91338497
It's very good, the sequel has some really strong ideas and elements, but is on the whole a lot less polished, and has some pretty big issues.
>>
>>91338497
Do not watch the sequel. You will HATE Hiccup's unaccountable deadbeat mother who no one calls out on being a cunt.
>>
>>91338569
>who no one calls out on being a cunt.
she was literally the villain of the movie, the entire movie was about how she was wrong
>>
>>91339007
Wrong, she WAS the villain in the prototype of the film. But Dreamworks wanting to be politically correct avoided making Hiccup's Mother the villain of the film and came up with Drago the lame true villain of the film. Damn I hate Gynocentrism.
>>
>>91339112
Drago was the antagonist, but Hiccup's mother remains the villain. It is the moral failure that she represented that the movie's story displayed as wrong, the moral failure that got Stoick killed. Hiccup's character arc is defined by becoming less like his mother and more like his father.
>>
kinda unrelated but

are there any other movies out there where the movie is better than the book

because the book series for HTTYD is... well, certainly interesting...
>>
>>91339359
I haven't read the book, but people seem to prefer Who Framed Rodger Rabbit to the book it's based off of, Who Censored Rodger Rabbit.
>>
>>91339544
The book is very different from the movie. I mean, obviously, because the movie's gimmick wouldn't work in print form, but yeah. The movie is way better.
>>
>>91339359
Fantastic Mr. Fox
>>
>>91338497
First one is pretty great. Sequel has a few strong moments, and maybe an okay idea for going forward. But feels largely unfulfilling.
>>
File: dreggins.jpg (18KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
dreggins.jpg
18KB, 354x354px
>>91338497
First movie is a fucking masterpiece. Definitely watch.

Second movie is decent but has a lot of problems. It has its moments. Worth a watch if you liked the first movie.

There's also a tv series. Not particularly interesting, but if you find yourself really liking the world and the secondary characters, it's not terrible. First two seasons were on cartoon network and all the more recent seasons are on netflix.

also, hiccup is a cute boi and i love him
>>
>>91338497

First one is slightly overrated, but still entertaining. The flying sequences are thrilling, and the characters have chemistry and humor.

The sequel is competent with only a few memorable moments, but full of weird plot contrivances that will nag at you long after the ending. The characters designs are not well-complimented by the more realistic rendering. The action sequences are still technically impressive, yet they go by like a blur. Overall, it a lot more pomp and a lot less ingenuity, but not bad enough to skip if you still hold out hope for part 3.

The series though is largely skippable unless you are really fond of the main characters. It's aimless.
>>
File: httydintermedkadeart.jpg (102KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
httydintermedkadeart.jpg
102KB, 600x675px
>>91338497
I would have liked it more if they kept the concept of dragons being more selfish from the books, they are like more dangerous dogs that can fly in the movies, it has its own charm still.
>>91338518
It was meant to be a trilogy, 3rd movie is going to feature a much older Hiccup, 2nd movie serves as a way to tie some progression in his life.
>>
>>91339112
tumblr
>>
>>91338497
It's one of the best animated films out there. Amazing score, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJ96LGGP6w

The sequel is mediocre.
>>
yes both of them are the best animated movies since 2010,

I don't get why peopleare dissing on 2 in this thread, I think its of the same quality as the first one, maybe it has slight flaws, but it was still the best film to come out that year, (and deserved the fucking oscar)
>>
>>91340193
Since they moved to Netflix creators are more free so episodes became better and better.
>>
File: shen.jpg (209KB, 1371x583px) Image search: [Google]
shen.jpg
209KB, 1371x583px
>those bright few years when Dreamworks crawled out of their Shrek-hole and started making genuinely great films
>now they're worse than Illumination
>>
>>91338497
the first one is good,definitely worth your time,but personally i would avoid the second movie or the cartoon unless you really liked the movie
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.