[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Spawn? Both comic and design wise. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

What does /co/ think of Spawn? Both comic and design wise.

I really like his design but I'm kind of biased i guess because i love designs like Venom and carnage too.

The characters are well designed, i very much enjoy the art
>>
>because i love designs like Venom
When asked, Todd MacFarlane has stated that his favorite superhero designs to draw are Venom (who, incidentally, he created) and Batman.

I'll let you put two and two together on that one.
>>
Ghost Rider/Venom
>>
Should be on more cartoons & videogames
>>
>>91336307
I always liked the world that Spawn is based in. I thought the kind of futility of his attempts to be some kind of force of good despite being a creation of evil was nice. It just never went anywhere meaningful. Ran out of gas real fast.
>>
>>91336307
Well hes certainly a 90s character. Does he still have a series going? Last thing I heard related to the character is that his movie is still in development hell
>>
>>91336344
Wow i had no idea he designed Venom too. I gotta look up his designs now

>>91336422
Agreed, but Spawn might be a little too, idk mature or grim for lack of a better term, for cartoons
>>
Todd, at least in the 90's, was a 10/10 character designer. In pure visuals Spawn fucking rules

The actual comic can become really slow paced and honestly boring where early on Spawn spends a lot of time in his hobo alley moping about being dead and his wife getting remarried
>>
>>91336516
The Spawn series is still ongoing to this day. Afaik it has never gone on any long-term hiatus either.
>>
>>91336622
Then how come no one talks about it?
>>
>>91336634
People just lost interest I guess. They did kind of a soft reboot a few years ago that got some attention.
>>
File: 51SWN8MXDXL.jpg (41KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
51SWN8MXDXL.jpg
41KB, 300x295px
New Invader Zim teaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC86IGdaWok

With the Hey Arnold movie, Rocko's modern life movie and this, I think all of this is a build up to the Nicktoons movie.
Nicktoons thread)?
>>
>>91337271
OH SHIT I FUCKT UP
>>
>>91337340
Let us discuss how bizarre a Spawn Nicktoon would have been.
>>
File: spawn.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spawn.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>91336307
Design wise he's one of my favorites.
Writing wise his book was a mess. His story has a lot of good characters and plot points but they aren't always presented as well as they could be, or even in the proper order.
over all, 7/10 superhero.
>>
Great design but that's about it.
>>
File: Spawn_267-1.png (234KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
Spawn_267-1.png
234KB, 585x900px
I never really followed Spawn, but the concept and designs were always really cool.
>>
File: Spawn_268-1.png (159KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
Spawn_268-1.png
159KB, 585x900px
>>
File: SpawnSatanSaga-1.png (157KB, 585x872px) Image search: [Google]
SpawnSatanSaga-1.png
157KB, 585x872px
>>
File: Spawn_271-1.png (250KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
Spawn_271-1.png
250KB, 585x900px
>>
>>91336517
>Agreed, but Spawn might be a little too, idk mature or grim for lack of a better term, for cartoons
The Spawn cartoon was actually pretty dope. It worked really well.
>>
>>91339720
>>91339730
>>91339754
Love the art
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.