[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all. Does Steven Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3881.jpg (45KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3881.jpg
45KB, 600x337px
Let's settle this once and for all.

Does Steven Universe have good animation?
>>
it depends on the episode, but I say the overall animation quality is passable. They learned to improve through the first season and this third season has been them seeing how much they could work with an increasingly smaller budget.
>>
>>91327150
>smaller budget.

Sauce?
>>
Very inconsistent. The show takes the approach in dealing with mid-to-low-budget animation of dumping most of the money into a relatively small number of scenes and doing the best they can with the rest. And frankly some of the story-boarders are pretty artistically mediocre.
>>
>>91327067
>Let's settle this once and for all.
What a non statement. You might as well be saying "can we all agree that" or asking for the rundown.
Fuck off with this shit. If you wanna complain about SU, just do it in one of the dozens of other threads made each day for that specific purpose. Or better yet, just shut the fuck up. We get it, the show is bad. We know. Everybody knows. At this point you're just shouting into an echo chamber. So give it a rest.
>>
They save the better than average animation for fusion dances. Other than that it's just as average as Regular Show, Bee & Puppycat, We Bare Bears, etc.
>>
>>91327067
No. If your cartoon doesn't even have shading, it's badly animated.
>>
>>91327618
Family Guy has shading and it still looks bad.
>>
>>91327696
P implies Q does not imply that not P implies not Q
>>
>>91327581
They have been pretty much no fusion dances lately.
(Except for that horrible one in Mindful Education.)
Two characters just hold hands or high-five
>>
File: 5t5gzlni1nsx.gif (2MB, 1800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
5t5gzlni1nsx.gif
2MB, 1800x2000px
We can probably "settle this once and for all" by determining how well the show adheres to the 12 principles of animation.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the answer will be "it varies".
>>
>>91327067
They have an inconsistent art style because they decide to animate based on the storyboard artist's vision only.
>>
>>91327067
By the standards of other American shows? I don't know. Maybe. By global standards? No.
>>
File: 1455895083285.png (367KB, 450x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455895083285.png
367KB, 450x750px
>>91327067
no.
even if the character model continuity went from where it is now to half decent, the animation itself would possibly be only a little better than family guy.
>>
>>91327738
P x (-1) = Q x (-1)

-P = -Q
>>
>>91327067
Hell no
>>
>>91327067
The animation is shit, while the backgrounds are godlike!
>>
>>91327067
they have ideas but they simply lack skill
>>
>>91327359
>REEE

Duck off faggot
>>
>>91327067
Does anything anymore?
>>
>>91329259
Samurai Jack
>>
>>91329375
Doesn't count if it's only getting one season.
>>
>>91327067
Christ, there's no way this is real, is it? It has to be an edit.

Maybe I should watch the show to see what happens when no one gives a single fuck about staying on-model
>>
>>91330041
They were getting squished together by a fucked up forcefield.
>>
>>91327618
Shading has nothing to do with animation. That's art style.
A show can have a bad art style and still be well animated. Just like a show can have a great style and be terribly animated.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.