[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Steppenwolf? The guy is the least famous and least relevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: refegegge34.jpg (209KB, 768x992px) Image search: [Google]
refegegge34.jpg
209KB, 768x992px
Why Steppenwolf? The guy is the least famous and least relevant of Darkseid's minions. Fucking Mad Harriet is more relevant than him. Why did they choose him instead of Kalibak?
>>
>>91324698
someone executive producer was probably skimming comics and came across that very page
>>
>>91324698
Because he looks like a christian devil on account of the horns, and Snyder loves him some christian imagery.
>>
>>91324725

>Apokolips characters on the big screen
>Kirby's 100th anniversary
>None will look remotely like the originals

I should have expected this, but it still dissapoints me.
>>
>>91324698
>Why did they choose him instead of Kalibak?

Because no-one can possibly take Kalibak seriously again after all of the jobbing he's done.
>>
>>91324766
>New Gods
>Look like old christian gods

Just fuck me up famalam.
>>
>>91324698
Steppenwolf works as a standalone agent of Darkseid.

Kalibak works in relation to Darkseid.

This is all moot because everyone but Darkseid gets the shaft in New Gods adaptations anyway. But I can understand not using Kalibak all by himself.
>>
>>91324698
so they can license "Magic Carpet Ride" and play a low, sad cover version in the final trailer. Then during

>Goes far, flies near, to the stars away from here

Dark Side Superman is revealed.
>>
>>91324838
>>Look like old christian gods
Are you implying that Highfather doesn't look like Moses?
>>
>>91324816
Remember when Bat-Cow contributed to his defeat?
>>
>>91324838
I think them having Christian imagery is a bad thing.

But let's not do what World's End did and play it like a blunt force.
And for all his faults, Snyder doing this Paradise Lost and Archangel Michael stuff is...way above and beyond World's End bluntness.
>>
>>91324962
>I don't think them having Christian imagery is a bad thing.

I mean, yeah like >>91324907 said, plus the Source Wall is the burning bush, plus you also have Scott Free riding more of that line. It's embedded.
>>
Steppenwolf was relevant in the New 52, which existed only to make the DCU more simplified and "cinematic", meaning it's palatable for adaptations like Justice League Origin was.
>>
Serious answer.
He looks menacing as fuck in his new 52 design.
Kalibak is silly and would look like shit talking in CGI.
They are probably saving the furies for later.

What I would have done is in BVS had Mister Miracle try and teleport and warn Bruce instead of Flash but failed to do so (dragged back through the portal maybe), have Darkseid controlling Barda and send her to get the Boxes in JL, and have Miracle come back again and give context & aid to the league once the team is assembled and try and free Barda from Darseid's control.
>>
>>91324698
>Steppenwolf
>Darkseid's "minion"
If Jack Kirby spins in his grave any faster he could power a city for the next ten years.
>>
>>91324698
>Why Steppenwolf?

Because he was BORN TO BE WILD.
>>
>>91324945
Truly he is Darkside's least favorite son
>>
File: 1487771510322.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1487771510322.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>One day we'll see Wondie taking on the Furies on the big screen
>>
>>91324698
because johns is inept and leading the DCEU to failure
>>
>>91325088
But then that becomes a movie focusing on MM and Barda rather than focusing on the League itself and its formation which should be what an initial JL movie is about.
>>
>>91325187
No Miracle would be another member of the team.
>>
will superman karate chop him again?
>>
>>91324725
You are a retard.
>>
>>91324698
I hate how you nigger s complain about the joker and Luthor and then cry when some c listens get a chance. Anyway this will be shit, Johns is a terrible consultant
>>
>>91324766
I fucking hope Darkseid looks like classicseid and not that nu52 abomination.
>>
>>91328949
He won't look like either. They already said they're all getting redesigns, and snyder obviously has a fetish for christian imagery. He'll probably look like a giant rock demon with horn and bat wings.
>>
>>91325218
Really though, Mr. Miracle would be a fine member of the Big 7. He might edge into Batman's territory a bit, but he covers a lot of thematic and setting ground.

Shit, make him black and have him take Cyborg's role. You can merge Scott and Shilo a bit, idgaf.
>>
>>91324698
Kalibak is a jobber. And honestly lame. Steppenwolf is just underused and underdeveloped.
>>
>>91329115
Really though, all Cyborg does for the League nowadays is have a mother box and boom tube people around.

Why not have an actual New God do that
>>
>>91329115
Why merge them? Use both. Put Shilo in the Justice League and Scott in Barda.
>>
>>91329003
Is Snyder really that boring?
>>
Even if I was ok with the idea of Steppenwolf being the JL villain, which I'm still not, they're going to make him a CGI monster anyway. Fuck WB. Guarantee they picked him because they flipped through a new 52 book and thought he looked cool. That 4th World Omnibus can't come soon enough, I need to forget this mess
>>
>>91329162
Having two Mister Miracles running around at the same time is a mite confusing though, this ain't Marvel
>>
File: 1487114265299.jpg (206KB, 409x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487114265299.jpg
206KB, 409x640px
>>91328949
>>91329003
>>91329003
>>91329189

Basing on Luthor, it will probably look like pic related.
>>
>>91325088
>He looks menacing as fuck in his new 52 design.
I hate his new52 design. It's just the tired old ''horned evil warrior' thing without a hint of Kirby in it.

Gimme my techno-Mongolian space-pimp back, please.
>>
>>91329306
Nah, they're make him a pretty boy fallen angel type for that "sympathy for the devil" stuff. Omega beams will also make it look like he's weeping too
>>
>>91329306
Too much color and no horns or tail and wings.
>>
>>91329407
>Better to reign in Apokolips than serve in New Genesis.
>>
>>91324698
Because unlike Kalibak, Steppenwolf is competent.
>>
>>91329407
is that a devilman reference?
>>
>>91325072
Wasn't he only in Earth 2?
>>
>>91329615
He was in the prelude to Darkseid War too. Regardless, there is only one version of each New God across the multiverse. Both planets exist outside the infinite realities next to the source wall
>>
>>91329708
Oddly enough, Heaven and Hell also exist, along with "Skyland", Dream, Nightmare and "Underworld"
>>
>>91324698
they will probably have ares disgrace himself by stirring shit up in wonderwoman then run off to follow darkseid

the leaked ares design looks very similar to the steppenwolf design

if you think thats too stupid a combination to make sense, remember Lex and Zod's clone son, Bizzoomsday?
>>
>>91324698
Will he take the League on a magic carpet ride?
>>
honestly, live action version of darkseid should just be his final crisis design, or something similar to it
>>
>>91324698
because N52 e2, in that steppenwolf lead a presumed dead brainwashed superman against earth.
>>
>>91324698
You just know that Snyder was shown some Steppenwolf art from New 52 while playing with his Megos and immediately chose him as the villain with no further thought.
>>
>>91325117
you should probably get around to actually reading the new gods anon
>>
>>91324766
>>91324725
i think the imagery could suit them nicely, for new Genesis at least

but its snyder, he'll fuck it up
>>
>>91324725
>>91324907
>>91324984
There was a lot of Jewish stuff in New Gods. Highfather is named Izaya after all, and his full title is Izaya the Inheritor. He's the inheritor of the covenant with the Source (God) just as the jews were the inheritor to the covenant with YHWH.

The Source manifesting as a flaming hand that writes on a wall is also from the Old Testament.

That being said how Kirby used the Bible for ideas and symbols is much, much different than how Snyder is going to use it.

Expect "Woah. So these guys are like...space angels...and these other guys are like...space devils..."

All the cool is going to be sucked out of the 4th world like juice from an orange.
>>
>>91333693
There was also a lot of Norse stuff in New Gods and Zoroastrian stuff. New Gods was basically everything Kirby thought was cool about religion and mythology and Chariots of the Gods.
>>
>>91324698
So they can use "Born to Be Wild" on the soundtrack.
>>
>>91333729

As well as Greek mythology too. Especially the son killing the father stuff (as Greek mythology is 99% about family killing family).

But you're not wrong.
>>
>>91333741
They're already using "Bad to the Bone" for aquaman in that slow motion walk as he throws his half full bottle of jack daniels on the ground.
>>
Id rather get a New Gods movie instead of having any of them appear in a Justice League movie. However, knowing WB, they'd probably fuck it up. But you know what the sad thing is? We'll probably never see Granny Goodness, Vermin, Mister Miracle, or anything fun regarding the New God material, just the super serious shit they'll try to push
>>
File: Destroyed Cityscape.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyed Cityscape.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
>>91324698
they like to dream

on a cloud of sound they drift in the night

because they're shit
>>
>>91329431
He is gonna look like a devil statue, he probably won't move his lips or blink.
>>
>>91324907
highfather is white
>>
>>91324816
He's basically Worf. I think Mike Dorn even supplied his voice in the Superman animated series.
>>
>>91325122
Know your crowd. There's less than 10 people here old enough to know what you're talking about. Everyone else is fapping over Star Vs.
>>
>>91334524
You are correct sir. Not even trying to shit on Kalibak, but hes essentially a dumb thug and a disappointment of a son. Hes fun as a lackey and thats about it. Hell a better JL story would have been Big Barda and Mister Miracle hiding on Earth and Granny Goodness/The Furies start fucking things up trying to bring them back. You could still do Parademon shit and do the realization that the battle was NOTHING compared to what Apokolips has to offer
>>
Are they at least going to power him up to be a physical threat to the JLA in the movie?

The guy in the comics is around Batman villain level physically, and constantly gets himself killed.

Kalibak would be a better choice for someone to brawl the JLA but that would be another Doomsday to audiences.
>>
>>91325117
pretty accurately describes the guy who leads the soldiers that ride on dogs. Who are just one of Darkseid's really weird troop types.
>>
>>91337038
Hell, Steppenwolf was also disposed of pretty quickly in the original saga as well.

Even Desaad got more play, and he was killed too.
>>
So why do some New Gods have superpowers, while others are mostly ordinary people that use gadgets?
>>
>>91337119
Heritage, mostly.
Orion is tapped in with the Astro Force, but he also gets some power from Darkseid being his father - and Darkseid gets his power because of his role in the mythology.

Highfather started out as a strong warrior, but he ended up getting imbued with power directly from the Source Wall. And most of New Genesis is implied to have a similar source of power.

The rest is the result of tech (Desaad/Metron) and other augmentation.
>>
>>91337163
Steppenwolf and Mr Miracle seem to be mostly normal despite both being related to the royal families, why is that?

And I think Lightray has more of a normal suprehero origin?
>>
>>91337456
Mr. Miracle is Highfather's son from I think before his wife died. And that was before he got contacted by the source.

Steppenwolf is just Darkseid's uncle, and I guess metaphysics didn't take him into account.
>>
File: 5012308-6402528999-latest.png (186KB, 398x640px) Image search: [Google]
5012308-6402528999-latest.png
186KB, 398x640px
Why Loki bros?
>>
>>91324698
He was in the Timm cartoons a few times. He isn't that obscure.

Also, he's like... Darkseid's uncle.
His loyalty might be up to interpretation, but he's definitely an authority figure in the regime, and he isn't a complete, incompetent, jobber like Kalibak.
>>
>>91324766
To be fair, Steppenwolf is one of the few New Gods characters who had such a dogshit design, Kirby even disowned his original version of the character.

(Same with Mantis)

The Kirby Super Powers version and the later New 52 redesign are far better than the original shit sandwich design Kirby created for Steppenwolf
>>
>>91337774
>Isnt that obscure
Anon, he was in a grand total of TWO episodes in the DCAU. One in STAS, the other in JL. Granny Goodness, a literal who to normies, had far more screentime than him. Even as Darkseids uncle, hes amounted to jack shit
>>
How would you adapt Virman Vundabar to the big screen?
>>
>>91332947
Says the person who doesn't realize Steppenwolf is Darkseid's uncle.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.