[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This film is coming out less than a month from now, how the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 38

File: IMG_0822.jpg (37KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0822.jpg
37KB, 182x268px
This film is coming out less than a month from now, how the fuck is /co/ not excited for this?!?
>>
What's the plot of this movie?
>>
>>91324585
With Marvel coming out with so many movies, it's like eating cake everyday.

>At first it's great
>Then it's okay
>Then it's gross
>Then it becomes nothing
>>
I'm very excited.
>>
>>91324634
The Golden people, who aren't the Church of Illumination from the Abnett run, but are related to Adam Warlock, capture Nebula and give her to the Guardians in exchange for them killing the big tooth tentacle monster.

Rocket steals shit from them too, so they start hunting the Guardians. Guardians end up on Ego, who we discover is Star-Lord's dad, while Rocket goes to recruit the Ravagers who've had a recent coup, Yondu is now ousted as leader.

Then pop music, sweet visuals, quips that autists will latch onto and REEE about for years, corporate-mandated scenes that dampen the whole film, but overall a great summer flick.
>>
>>91324585
because the first one is insanely overrated and shit for rewatch value. This thing will probably be 90% on RT but be empty and devoid of any actual value
>>
>>91324753
bravo, my thoughts exactly
>>
>>91324827
What is "actual value" anon? Is there a movie out there that, when I watch it, gives me free weed and clears my cholesterol while jerking me off?
>>
>>91324585
It'll be the standard Marvel faire. Funny and entertaining while it's here, but largely forgettable afterward once the initial hype wears out.
>>
Not really, the first one was pretty meh
>>
We aren't allowed to be excited for Marvel Movies or acknowledge they were great after they come out, because if the MCU produces any less than a Stanley Kubrick art house masterpiece its shit whereas the DCEU can make turd after turd but we're all expected to be unconditionally hyped for every new film that comes out.

If a new Marvel Movie isn't an “Avengers tier” pop culture defining revolution then they claim it was a dud, that "People aren't even talking about it", that "I don't even know anyone who cares Marvel movies anymore", that "the bubble has burst." Chastising it with increasingly brazen parroted criticisms that dubiously never go into any more specifics or detail than what can be gleamed from the trailers.

All those box office bucks and records broken don't matter either, because making more money isn’t proof of quality (“muh bayformers”), but when it comes to DC, "hey look at all the money BVS and SS made despite everyone claiming they were shit!"

And all the pop culture adoration for the MCU with everyone on social media, TV and the streets singing its praises doesn't count because popularity isn’t proof of quality (“muh ad populum”), but, by god, you better believe there’s a sales chart waiting to be posted at a moment’s notice detailing Halloween Costume, Hot Topic and Toy sales should anyone doubt the DCEU’s popularity.

As for those critic reviews and movie aggregate sites, don’t bother bringing them up because “Disney bribes everyone with Mouse Money” and Rotten Tomatoes (despite being owned by Warner Bros) is clear proof of this, but at least we can still count on the Oscars (with judges who don't even watch most the movies awarded) to recognize true greatness.

And should you ever wear one of these trolls down into admitting or even implying the MCU is better than the DCEU that doesn’t mean jack squat because DC still has better Batman cartoons, better Batman comics, better Batman video games and better Batman Lego sets than Marvel.
>>
>>91324876
Is this the hot new pasta?
>>
>>91324891
It's stale pasta made by someone whose been posting on 4chan for too long
>>
>>91324585
We know it will be good.

No reason to get excited. Just show up, strap in and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>91324876
Holy persecution complex Batman! But it's true that the MCU has zero oscar lmao
>>
I am excited, but co isn't really the place to go to discuss marvel stuff
>>
>>91324960
/co/ isn't the place to discuss any kind of stuff. Enjoy storytime threads and disregard everything else.
>>
File: hes right.jpg (54KB, 275x255px) Image search: [Google]
hes right.jpg
54KB, 275x255px
>>91325202
>>
>>91324824
sounds like more of a red box movie tbqh
>>
>>91324585
I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>91324585
>how the fuck is /co/ not excited for this?!?

We're too afraid /tv/ won't think we're cool if we like a movie that's entertaining.
>>
>>91324585
Definitely looking forward to it, but the hype's a bit overshadowed by Spidey and Thor: Ragnarok. They look like they're gonna be something new and different, whereas Guardians is just Guardians (which isn't a bad thing in my book).
>>
>>91325707
this

we could be talking about how great this is going to be or the fact that Stallone was revealed to be starhawk right now if it weren't for /tv/ and their "kino" bs

the fact that all these movies are going to make a billion while WW and JL are going to be massive bombs makes me feel a bit better though
>>
lol I am groot

I'm super pumped, last movie I was pumped for was Minions. This looks at least as good, I guess the question is what's funnier? Banana or groot?

Also I hope we get more old school music. Shit my grandpa likes makes me laugh lol
>>
>>91325785

Looking forward to Creed II as well. Film did the soft reboot better than Episode VII
>>
>>91325811
I liked Minions. Always enjoy it when things show that Bad and Evil are always "bad" things.
>>
File: file.png (463KB, 732x774px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
463KB, 732x774px
This is hella epic! I can't believe my great-grandpa used these!
>>
I'm incredibly excited for it, I just don't feel like there's much to talk about until I actually see the movie. I'd also rather reread the comics for the umpteenth time than waste my time trying to have a good discussion about the movies on here anyway.
>>
>>91324912
>>91326006

These. You cant go wrong with a Marvel movie. Theres just not much to talk about until after the movie is out and whether or not theres a good lead in / easter egg(s) for future movies.
>>
>>91326137
>You cant go wrong with a Marvel movie.
Are you part of the marketing team?
>>
File: 1480414952698.jpg (14KB, 184x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480414952698.jpg
14KB, 184x200px
>91326185
>This nigga immediately goes and claims "s-s-shill" even though he explains that there's the issue about if there's a good lead in, or ar easter egg, or references to upcoming movies.
>Even when there's no hints about that anon trying to sell the movie.

This is a brain on /tv/.
Any questions?
>>
@91326185
figures a retard who named themself after BOX OFFICE POISON can't understand people liking a successful movie/franchise
>>
1. It has no obvious warning signs or worrisome elements for trolls to exploit. They tried the "Ego not a living planet hurrrr", but contradicting information shut that down. With everyone assuming it will be a great movie we can most likely expect post movie release shitposting rather than any more pre-emptive hype killing.

2. Trolls & Snyder Shills are too busy shitting on Spider-Man Homecoming right now to focus on this. Spider-Man is what they perceive as the biggest threat to the DCEU right now because they know how big Spidey is.

3. Very rarely does /co/ make threads in any great frequency about anything that isn't rooted in either "Waifu posting", "Shit Posting" or "Story Timing". If you can't say anything bad about something then there's no reason to make a thread about it on /co/ essentially.

4. As stated above in the copypasta, DCEU are just assumed to be shit (and deservingly so) so there's no real reason to make a thread about an upcoming DCEU movie and expect any discussion other than to hype it or hope it will be the outlier that redeems this train wreck franchise. MCU movies are just assumed to be good (and deservingly so) so the only reason to make threads about an upcoming MCU movie and expect any discussion other than to worry or complain about something, hoping it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back or bursts the MCU bubble.
>>
>>91325785
>Stallone was revealed to be starhawk

For real? Man I don't even know what the fuck Gunn is doing anymore, but I fucking like it.
>>
>>91324585
Because I'm excited for the smurf movie,
But this movie looks like fun too.
>>
>>91324585
Because it's a MCU movie so you know exactly how it's going to go and exactly how it will end. Also, none of the comedy appeals to me.
>>
>>91324876
This is my new favorite pasta.

Although I'm not too excited for GotG2 myself since I didn't like the first one very much.
>>
>>91324585
guardians is a weak ass baby shit type movie, 1st one was boring and made me sleepy, 2d one will be more of the same, if your not a child then you will hate it and children will only like it for rocket and groot, marvel need to stop fucking up and bring i something better space wise, they are also fucking up with no beta ray bill
>>
>>91328873
>they are also fucking up with no beta ray bill
Blame the fuckawful thor flicks. At this point, it's a blessing they haven't used him, and hopefully they never will.
>>
because it butchered marvel cosmic books for "synergy
>>
Rocket is the only good thing in those movies. Quill is a manchild, Drax is the big dumb muscle, Gamora has zero personality, baby Groot would've been cool but it looks like he's sticking around for the entire movie which makes it over the top.

As for the newcomers, Nebula and Mantis might be cool. Yondu would've been better off as his own original character instead of stealing the name from the comic version
>>
I forgot about it. I also forgot about Wonder Woman until my roommate reminded me.
>>
>>91329283
>I also forgot about Wonder Woman until my roommate reminded me.
reminded you how fucking awful it's going to be, right?
>>
>>91326185
Can you name a MCU movie that was worse than "That was all right"
>>
>>91324585
because it's a meme movie taylor made for reddi
>>
>>91329343
Thor.
>>
>>91324585

Because we aren't all braindead retard casuals?

Also some people really hate the MCU for not being the DCEU
>>
>>91324585
The plot looks like a muddled clusterfuck, quite honestly. I hat to say it, but the multiple, seemingly unrelated villain groups are giving me a "Spider-Man 3" vibe. I maintain that the way to do a movie with multiple villains from the comics in one movie is the Cap TWS or Daredevil Season 1 way: All the villains are part of a single, easily summarized threat that the hero/heroes need to defeat, ideally part of the same organization.
>>
>>91329487
The Ravagers are working for the Sovereigns.
>>
>>91329487
>I hat to say it, but the multiple, seemingly unrelated villain groups are giving me a "Spider-Man 3" vibe.

The gold people look to be the main threat to me. The Ravagers are essentially a side-threat from what I gather, Rocket and Groot face them when they go to recruit Yondu. Ego might also wind up being the "final villain" or whatever who destroys the gold people before the Guardians try to stop him.
>>
>>91324849
>What is "actual value" anon? Is there a movie out there that, when I watch it, gives me free weed and clears my cholesterol while jerking me off?

Batman v Superman
>>
>>91329621
Rocket and Groot don't "recruit" Yondu, they're saddled with him.
>>
>>91324905
>It's stale pasta made by someone whose been posting on 4chan for too long

Doubly redundant.
>>
Should be a cool rental
>>
>>91324824
Ego, as in the living Planet is Starlord's dad?
>>
>>91329748
Yes, he is Star Lord's father.

Yes, he has a penis.
>>
None of the trailers have been even the least bit funny. It just looks fucking dire. The only thing I'm looking forward to is how mad nerds get at the negative reviews for this. I remember the comments on the village voice review of GotG were fucking brutally asspained.
>>
>>91324585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Abkvw1eFPo
>>
>>91326572
Couldn't have worded it better myself
>>
File: 1489256672342.jpg (18KB, 811x89px) Image search: [Google]
1489256672342.jpg
18KB, 811x89px
>>91326572
>>91330419
>>
>>91326572
>>91330419
Even where some group of nerds has total box office ascendancy they still have ridiculous persecution complexes. Just goes to show you they'll never be happy.
>>
>>91329343
Thor, Thor 2, Iron man 2, Iron man 3, Hulk.
>>
>>91329343
Civil War was straight garbage.
>>
>>91329404
>>91330594
>>91330616
sad pathetic dc liars

face it those movies were amazing and Blunder Womyn and Just Losers are going to be rotten and bomb harder than Pan and King Arthur combined
>>
>>91324585
/co/ isn't allowed to be excited for anything anymore.
>>
>>91330695
t. Marvel marketing intern.
>>
>>91324585
Because I feel like I've already watched every MCU movie ever.
>>
>>91324585
I got tired of all this irony- and meme-laden flicks that trade plot structures and compelling characters for quips and winks at the camera.

Seriously, even most cartoons airing right now aren't as childish and ridiculous as GOTG 2 is shaping up to be. All I expect is Pluto Nash with an overblown CGI budget.
>>
>>91330749
I WISH!

Those guys are awesome
>>
>>91324753
This.

Sugar cloys, and you need water and something salty to wash down that excess sweetness, and thus far, MCU films have been nothing but one spoonful of pure fructose after another.
>>
>>91324585
I didn't enjoy the first one. I think Thor2 is the only one I liked less... and I'm really not sure of that. I at least enjoyed the Asgardians and booby girl in Thor 2.
>>
>>91324585
I'm excited. There just isn't much else to discuss other than that (being excited). Not a lot of info has been released other than cast/character stuff.
>>
File: what happened to his legs.gif (2MB, 360x174px) Image search: [Google]
what happened to his legs.gif
2MB, 360x174px
How bad is the cgi in this movie going to look in 8k?

http://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-2-8k-camera-system/

>For the sequel, it seems that James Gunn and his production team might try to outdo themselves when it comes to expanding the cosmic world of Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s not going to be an easy undertaking, but it appears Marvel and Gunn now have the tools to make Vol. 2 look really, really sharp.

Digital camera company RED announced that they will partner up with Marvel Studio for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which will be the first movie to use RED’s new WEAPON 8K camera during production. From the press release from RED:

>“We are all hugely excited to be shooting the next Guardians of the Galaxy on the new WEAPON 8K. This is my third collaboration with RED, having previously shot with the RED EPIC® on Prometheus and the EPIC DRAGON on Tarzan,” says Nik Korda, Executive Producer. “The large sensor size and super high resolution offered by the new WEAPON 8K, combined with its lightweight and compact size open up a whole range of new creative possibilities.”

>While a majority of modern movie theaters can only digitally project at 4K, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will shoot at a higher resolution of 8K, which could make images sharper and more vibrant. The high resolution sensors on RED’s WEAPON 8K can capture more color information for clearer and more crisp images than 4K. In addition, the cameras can also be outfitted with 35mm lenses. No Film School has a good breakdown of the benefits of shooting with 8K cameras and sensors here.
>>
>>91324753
Marvel films come out only twice a year (three this year with Sony's Spider-man) so I don't understand this analogy?

I mean if you watched them all at once, yeah, but no one has done that since phase 1 I bet you.
>>
>>91324585

It's already been out in the UK for 5 days lmao.
>>
I kinda like how obnoxious this movie poster is...but why that expression for StarLord?? Pratt has a really expressive face...they pick this one for the poster.
>>
>>91332513
>I bet you.
no doubt you would lose that bet
>>
I didn't even remember it was coming out until I went down the chip aisle at the grocery store and saw a promotion for it a couple of days ago. But whatever though, I waited for the home release on the first one. I can do it for the second too. I'm sure it'll be entertaining but I don't really care.
>>
>>91332513
>I mean if you watched them all at once, yeah, but no one has done that since phase 1 I bet you.

I'm planning to do that before infinity War comes out, I will probably die from trombosis since it already took 15+ hours when I last did it.
>>
>>91332626
I'm not gonna do a single marathon, but you can bet I'll be watching each of them in the month or so before hand.
>>
>>91325973
I don't understand why people use "millennials" as a catchall term for young person. It's the sub-millennials who are too young to remember walkmans.
>>
I'm boycotting Marvel period since the MCU seemed to have forgotten or can't figure out that they're ADAPTING stories. It's like they look at comic book covers and just do their own thing based on that.
>>
>>91332626

Here's how long it'll take:
https://www.bingeclock.com/film/marathon/marvel-cinematic-universe-2

>Current 14 movies
29h 24m
>3 more movies @2 hr average
6 more hours
>3 more movies before Phase 3 finale
Another 6 hours

Total: ~42 hours

Let's get crazy and do an ENTIRE MCU marathon! This is just the stuff that's confirmed will happen by then, who knows what the future holds for Marvel TV.

>Netflix: 125 episodes
>AoS: 88 episodes
>Agent Carter: 18 episodes
>Inhumans: 8 episodes
>Cloak & Dagger: 10 episodes
>TOTAL: 249 episodes
At 45 minutes per episode, that's a total runtime of ~187 hours.

So all in all, you're looking at at least 239 hours of MCU, almost exactly 10 full days of content.

Let's do it.
>>
>>91332829
>boycott
Dang you showed them.

They're adapting characters, not stories. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>91325973

Millenials is such an stupid term. People in their 30s to the 20s already in collage are all supposed to be millenials but everyone treats the term still as it meaning teens. Mp3 players werent as big as the Walkman till the iPod came out and Ipods didn't push Walkman out of the public conscience well into the mid late 2000s. If you watched TV as a kid you still saw cassettes and Walkmans until smartphones replaced them.
>>
>>91324876
holy shit, as others have said, the persecution complex is real
>>
>>91332513
>Marvel films come out only twice a year
ONLY twice a year? Back in the day people waited three whole years in between Star Wars movies, and I bet they appreciated them a lot more for it.

>(three this year with Sony's Spider-man)
And next year with Black Panther, Avengers, and Ant-Man 2
And the year after that with Captain Marvel, ANOTHER Avengers and Spider-Man 2.
And presumably every year going forward.
>>
>>91332829
>HAHA Marvel now you're only making $1,999,999,987 on this movie instead of $2,000,000,000
>>
>>91329343
All of them?
>>
>>91333015
>ARGH, WHY DO THEY KEEP PUTTING OUT MOVIES WITH CHARACTERS I LIKE!!

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>91332865
Add The New Warriors that was confirmed the other day too. That will be 10 eps as well.
>>
>>91324824

in the trailer they talk about saving the galaxy again, so I figured the golden people were secretly up to something evil or whatever. Makes more sense than them just getting butthurt that Rocket stole from them
>>
>>91332829
>just do their own thing

I fail to see how that's a bad thing.
>>
>>91332963

Dude what? there was a whole period before MP3 players got big where people ditched casettes in favor of CDs.
>>
>>91333266
Large numbers of people actually care about Spider-Man before this movie coming up. So, if it's too different from how many people remember the cartoons, movies, and comicbooks of Spider-Man; many people might dislike it unless it's good enough to make up for that if it occurs.
>>
>>91332963
>smartphones replaced cassettes
>what are CDs
>what are minidiscs
>what are MP3 players
The iPhone came out in 2007. CDs started outselling tapes in 1991.
>>
>>91324585
Its a movie for stupid peope , children and man child dads and the dead pool audience

Its also very cheap looking I'll just torrent
>>
>>91333400
That's Spider-Man, they won't make him to different.
Being different from the comic is good in some cases.
Civil War being the obvious example.
>>
>>91330594
>Hulk
This meme needs to stop. It was alright, at the very least better than either thor flick, and norton is infinitely better than ruffalo.
>>
>>91333115
>GOTG 2 is coming out in less than a month, why doesn't anybody care?
>Because they come out to often for us to care anymore.

We're just answering the OP's thesis question.
>>
>>91333204
Has Runaways officially been picked up yet?

Also if you didn't add them, they also had those shorts during the first few movies. Not sure how long they are.
>>
>>91332865
Make a watch order.
>>
>>91334426
Yes, but we don't have an episode number on it yet.
The shorts total around 40 minutes IIRC.
>>
>>91334504
Oh and there's also those net shorts about Slingshot in AoS.
>>
>>91334373
Yeah, people wonder how Star Wars became this massive cultural touchstone, it's because they put out 3 great movies and then nothing for almost 20 years. With the MCU even if you really like a film you know it's just a stepping stone to the next one. Now Disney is doing the same thing to Star Wars, how long until any leftover goodwill is burned out by getting a new Star Wars film each year until 2030?
>>
>>91329147
Hopefully they develop Gamora in this movie. Her relationship with Nebula is a golden opportunity to do that.

Gunn is much happier without having to set up origins, which he hated having to do.
>>
Worse thing I can say about it at this point is that I hate Baby Groot. I want my Ent size Groot thank you. If hes still short by Infinity War, Im going to be annoyed
>>
>>91332513
This.

Hundreds of comedies. Tons of horror movies. Endless weepy dramas.
Why not complain about comedy shit, biopic shit, thriller-shit, and action shit? Why pick on cape shit?

But oh no there's a whopping 5 cape movies a year cinema is deeeeeaaad!!!
>>
>>91333826
You need to understand that criticism against MCU movies is a more a matter of what people can get away with saying rather than what is actually true. Most people bashing the MCU have maybe watched Iron Man 1 and the Avengers tops if that. Everything they think they know about the MCU is mostly gleamed from trailers and other people's arguments they come across online.

The more people can get away with saying something (whether true or patently false), the more confident they become in using that criticism. After all, it's not like they've watched the movies themselves to know any different. Same principle with the comics, it's always been a case of: "Let me tell you why the comics I read are better than the comics I don't".

Popular examples are:

> "If you've seen one Marvel movie you've seen them all."

> "Quipfest hurrrrrrrrr..."

> "Landing Strip brawl."

> "Too many characters!"

> [Admitting a previous MCU movie (that they'd claim was terrible any other time) was good only to contrast how shit an upcoming/current one is/will be]
>>
>>91334504
I wish they did more of them.

I need a "Cooking with Wanda & Vision" one-shot.
>>
>>91334657
Just be glad Disney is at least doing it right where as virtually every other movie studio really isn't.

You have Warner Bros chomping at the bid to reboot literally every successful movie franchise they've ever had.

Fox chasing trending cinema fads while only ever finding success by accident most of the time.

Sony with their cinematic addiction to Russian Roulette (and not realizing you're not suppose to play it by yourself).

Universal and Paramount remaining and inconsequential as ever with their background noise offerings.
>>
>>91332528
post spoilers make a thread about it
>>
>>91336006
>Just be glad Disney is at least doing it right where as virtually every other movie studio really isn't.
seriously how are they so GREAT? Literally the best studio there is
>>
>>91324585
Go back to /tv/
>>
>>91333003
>>91324943

Is there something wrong about the post though?
>>
quizas esta segunda parte tenga algun indicio de infinity war ya que en insta de iron man downy jr
aparece el protagonista de guardioanes de la galxia con el fondo de la era de ultron cuando hulk y todos estan muertos
>>
>>91334657
>implying the MCU isn't a massive cultural touchstone
>implying people are going to get burned out by Star Wars
We went 8 straight years with Harry Potter movies. We went three straight years with LOTR movies TWICE. Something tells me we'll be just fine with Star Wars.
>>
>>91336171
>/tv/
>liking Superhero films
>>
>>91336006
>The Force Awakens
>doing it right
>Rogue One
>doing it right
>Pete's Dragon
>doing it right
>Beauty and the Beast
>doing it right
>>
>>91337504
>massive cultural touchstone

If you ask people on the street who have seen most Marvel movies, the names of the villains in them they usually won't be able to name half the villains they've seen in the movies.
>>
>>91337772
So? How is "name the villains in the movies" the barometer for being a cultural phenomenon?

I bet if you ask them to name a few members of the Avengers they could do it, though. Because the movies aren't about the villains.
>>
>>91328987
marvel cosmic was dead long before the movie was announced

dumb casual
>>
>>91324585
Gamora looks like shit still.
>>
>>91332582
Everyone goes to see these movies, anon. Everybody is caught up.
>>
>>91337980
>the barometer for being a cultural phenomenon?
Since movies have existed, the villains are the driving force of an action plot and not being memorable is a terrible anchor on franchise popularity.

This doesn't apply to the Avengers though, because Marvel characters are already cultural phenomenons which is why these movies are so popular to begin with.
>>
File: walkmen.jpg (100KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
walkmen.jpg
100KB, 1000x1000px
>>91333477
>what are CDs
>what are minidiscs
>what are MP3 players
All media that are played by a Walkman.
>>
>>91338661
That's fucking retarded. You can have iconic heroes without iconic villains.
>>
>>91338739
>you still saw cassettes and Walkmans until smartphones replaced them
literally says smartphones replaced cassettes
>>
>>91337504
>We went 8 straight years with Harry Potter movies. We went three straight years with LOTR movies TWICE.

That's 8 movies and 6 movies respectively, and the Hobbit trilogy was irrelevant by the time it came out. How many MCU movies will there be by the end of Infinity War? 21 confirmed.
>>
>>91339018
That was more a commentary on Star Wars than on the MCU.

But even the MCU hasn't shown any signs of the "superhero fatigue" that everyone likes to talk about. We're 14 movies in, and they keep making shit tons of money. The movie this thread is about will probably crack a billion. People aren't getting tired of them.

Also, while you might think the Hobbit was immediately irrelevant, each one of those movies did nearly a billion dollars too. People weren't tired of them.
>>
>>91334603
Which together is about the same runtime as a full SHIELD episode.
>>
>>91338922
That guy is being a huge autist, but truth is, pretty much every handheld player by Sony is called a Walkman, I think they even had a cellphone which focused on playing music as a rebirth of the Walkman series.

But yeah, no one called anything post-cassette a Walkman
>>
>>91333003
>MCUfags
>persecution
I think you mean Synderfags. They're the sonyggers of /co/.
>>
>>91324634
Starlord has to reference enough 80s pop culture to charge the meme stone to destroy the evil alines
>>
>>91339170
Nah, the total runtime was like 20 minutes I think.
>>
>>91324585
I, DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOUR NAME
>>
>>91339378
>I think they even had a cellphone which focused on playing music as a rebirth of the Walkman series.
They did and it was pretty cool.
Was the Sony Ericsson line, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>91339871
Yeah, I remember it looked good (though I'm a bit biased, I love their designs). Also, I've used a Xperia something a buddy lent me when my phone broke and I remember the music player was named Walkman as well.
>>
>>91339642
Sounds pretty aurate.
>>
>>91324585
I'm really excited and all my friends are. Yondu being a bigger part of the movie is going to be great but this baby Groot stuff better not last for the whole of the fucking movie because kids can fuck off.

>>91324876
This is true. Seems that most of the time when people say "oh there's so many Marvel movies they all suck" and spend all this time hanging around /tv/, and then they actually watch the fucking movies they realise they're pretty fucking good.
>>
>>91338739
Hey, I had that exact model on the upper right. Good memories, anon, thanks for posting that.
>>
>>91332878

>They're adapting characters, not stories. Don't be retarded.

And they're not even doing that right anymore. Stop sucking Tom Hollands pathetic excuse for a dick.

>>91333022

I know you don't know how I feel because you have no principles or things you love and value so you don't know the feeling of watching them be destroyed and not wanting to support that.

>>91333266

Well you don't read comics obviously or the details they fuck up on would bother you.
>>
>>91341026
>being this bootyblasted over Tom Holland
Anon, you're the reason comic fans get a bad rap.
>>
>>91340295
>and then they actually watch the fucking movies they realise they're pretty fucking good.
Haha no.
>>
>>91324585
They waited too long and there was too many movies in between, superhero movies are just stale now.
>>
>>91324634
meme-off bro, you and me. Except this time, it's personal.
>>
File: 1471811536410.png (152KB, 1083x586px) Image search: [Google]
1471811536410.png
152KB, 1083x586px
>>91330695
Like Suicide Squad or worse?
>>
>thread about a shit movie with shit trailers showing literal poop jokes
>ctrl f "dc" 10 results
Meh I've seen worse
>>
>>91330512
Speaking of savage, do you think Marvel studios could make a Ka-Zar movie work?
>>
>>91324824
So 1 or 1.5 billion box office?
>>
>>91342909
Did you miss all the other numbers in your chart? Fanboys are just amazing.
>>
>>91342909
700m is greater than 1.2b

Fucking dceu math Hahahahahahahahaha.

It doesn't matter how much the film cost since all box office starts at 0$. 500m dollars worth of more people wanted to see the better film
>>
>>91342909
Interesting.
>studio net profit
So CW made barely more net profit than SS, even though it costed much more.
>>
>>91342998
Profits are profits, lad.
>>
>>91342969
>>91342994
And all that without China, friends
>>
>>91335872
those are all valid arguments you sad fuck
>>
>>91339612
again, the persecution complex is real
>>
>>91343016
> WB can't even get China to take their shit and they feed their children Lead.
>>
>>91325973
>>91332668
>>91332963
>>91333477
Gen X cunts think everyone younger than them is a Millennial

Doesn't matter if you're 35, 25, 20, 15, 10, or 5. If you're at all younger than 40, your're a Millennial in the eyes of geek media. The "proper definition" don't matter.
>>
>>91343079
>don't rape the source material to pander the chinks
>still more profitable than Avengers+Spiderman
Based if you ask me
>>
>>91332513
And they're promoted for like 8 month. You hear about them all the time.
And you can't separate Marvel movies from DC movies when it comes to advertising. That's be like separating western movies because they aren't made by the same company. You hear about cape movies all the time.
>>
File: shrug man.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
shrug man.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
To be honest, the only superhero movie this year I'm excited about is Thor Ragnarok. Which is very weird for me, I didn't particularly care about the other Thor movies.

GotG2 looks like the same forced comedyshit as the last one, Spider-Man is the same overexposed Spider-Man shit as always, Justice League is the same Snydershit as always but now with 100% more wacky oneliners and WW just looks straight up bad. Ragnarok is the only one that seems to be something a little bit different and the only one that's made by an actual good director. Waititi hasn't made a bad movie yet and I'm genuinely curious what he'll manage to do with such a mishandled property as Thor.
>>
>>91326572

I think you overlooked the most obvious element:

- There's little to be hyped about now that the novelty has worn off after GOTG1. Like the most exciting thing to look forward to see is how they use the licensed tracks, or whether or not Big Cosmic Character will make a cameo.
>>
>>91330515
not them, but you're projecting super hard here dude
>>
>>91343097
>don't rape the source material
Tell me, when in the source material did Amanda Waller shoot a bunch of comms guys working for her because "they knew too much"? And Rick Flagg and Katana sort of stood there and did nothing?
>>
>>91341026
>things you love and value
That's not true

I love and value Disney and all their amazing movies just like everyone else in the world
>>
>>91336151
They're not great, they're good. And only the best studio by default of virtually every other studio having their head up their ass with idiot producers and just people with money who think having money makes them better at making decisions about everything.

>>91337720
Force Awakens and Rogue One are fine, bitch about them all you like, but people liked them, critics liked them and they made mad bank. As for Pete's Dragon, no one gave a fuck. Beauty and the Beast, as much as I hate their live action remake shit, it's hardly any worse than what the other studios are putting out. That doesn't mean I like it, but you'll forgive me if Disney still doing retarded things doesn't put them below Warner Bros wanting to reboot literally every film franchise they have, Universal wanting to make a shared monster cinematic Universe. And Fox striking gold only to inevitably ruin it like they always do.

>>91337772
You do realize that Batman (and to a much lesser degree Spider-Man) is really the only hero that casuals like because of his villains right?

And by what cape movie gold standard exactly do the MCU flicks fail in this regard? Ivan Ooze Apocalypse from Age of Apocalypse? Some chick from Deadpool? The Lex Luthor that most people probably assumed was supposed the founder of Facebook or something in BVS? Cave Troll Doomsday/Zodd?

Batman and Spider-Man have been the only cape film franchises with memorable villains in any regard, you'd almost think they have the largest rogue galleries of any cape characters in their two respective Universes or something. And let's be honest they don't even get their villains right in the movies half the time either and almost universally kill them off.
>>
File: a billion in about a week.png (413KB, 961x599px) Image search: [Google]
a billion in about a week.png
413KB, 961x599px
>>91344372
>They're not great
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't get 5 BILLION DOLLAR MOVIES IN ONE YEAR if you're not GREAT

and they'll do it AGAIN THIS YEAR

fuck you "they're not great"
>>
>>91338661
Only the Spider-Man and Batman movies have had memorable villains and even in those respective films that's more often than not the exception, not the rule.

Congrats, Burton and Nolan's Batmans had great Jokers, shame almost every other villain they introduced in the two respective continuities were forgettable or killed off in those very movies. And guess what, the Joker, the greatest comic book villain ever, well they finally found a way to fuck that up in the DCEU after striking cinematic gold twice before, though I guess they're just content to introduce villains in ensemble movies rather than having them fight the heroes.

Congrats, Raimi's Spider-Man had the Green Goblin & Doc Ock, pity both died in their respective movies and a damn shame about Sandman, and Venom, not to mention the abortions that were the villains of the Amazing Spider-Man movies. But I'm sure Michael Keaton being a god tier villain in his MCU debut as the Vulture won't count either because it's Sony.
>>
File: 1259375756487.jpg (35KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1259375756487.jpg
35KB, 554x439px
>>91324585
GotG 1 was fun at best, and bland at worse. In general the MCU has been going down hill over the last couple of movies; in hype-levels at the very least, and frankly GotG 1 barely holds up to a re-watch. I can't really get excited for these things anymore. Homecomming looks like it may be fun, and Ragnarok sounds promising, but beyond that I really don't give a fuck about the MCU anymore. For a while I was just excited to be getting high-budget superhero movies, but now that's kinda' worn thin and I'm looking at them more scrupulously. Most of them are "okay," 5/10 at worse, but frankly the magic's just gone.
>>
>>91344415
Source?
>>
>>91344415
But making money only counts if it's Skwad!
>>
>>91330616
must be why it made so much money after the first week. word got around it was garbage and people kept going
>>
File: 1270145310357.jpg (30KB, 240x468px) Image search: [Google]
1270145310357.jpg
30KB, 240x468px
>>91344415
> ridding nostalgia into $$$
> good

Jungle Book was okay, but BatB was like eating a regular old saltine cracker, and the whole selling point was, "look, there's salt on it!"
>>
>>91330616
Debunked.
>>
>>91343097
> profitable
> made 500m less
> nobody profited off that extra 500m
> Investors still consider SS a flop
>>
>>91344505
Enjoy your Matrix Reboot from WB
>>
>>91344499
Disney must've bribed people to go see their movie, just like they bribed the critics. Thankfully the Oscars are still above corruption.
>>
>>91344550

> Thankfully the Oscars are still above corruption.

6/10 almost got me
>>
>>91344550
Disney threatened my life and told me to give all the DC movies a bad score on RT except for the lego movie
>>
>>91344562
>failing to understand obvious sarcasm
you must be a DC fan
>>
>>91344589
Audiences just don't like Dark movies! They want fluff and forgettable popcorn flicks! BUBBLE BURSTING IMMINENT!!!
>>
>>91344550
>>91344589
Nonsense! If only the critics had watched the definitive 14 hour cut of BVS it would have gotten the recognition it deserved. Mark my words, in thirty years these films will be held in the same regard as blade runner and Empire Strikes back.
>>
>>91344479
the article is from Variety but it's old

here's one from yesterday
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/04/06/box-office-beauty-and-the-beast-has-now-earned-910-million-worldwide/#326cb26d7fdd
>>
File: Ban DC for the good of :co:.png (163KB, 1116x158px) Image search: [Google]
Ban DC for the good of :co:.png
163KB, 1116x158px
>>91324876
so true it fucking hurts

everyone was making fun of this guy but he was right
>>
>>91332865
To be fair, the true uncut versions of Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman are easily half that.
>>
>>91324876
>better Batman
Indeed.
>>
>>91341026
>Well you don't read comics
So I don't read comics because I don't get autistic over the fact adaptations always change stuff and don't need to be 100% like the comics? You're fucking dumb man.
>>
>>91344660
the "uncut version" of Man of Steel doesn't exist thank god
>>
>>91344690
At this point they're just grasping for straws trying to see what sticks. Any complaint or criticism regarding the MCU they can get away with using more than once suddenly becomes word of god here on /co/ and you better believe you'll see it used again and again in every thread.
>>
File: combine_images.jpg (24KB, 666x411px) Image search: [Google]
combine_images.jpg
24KB, 666x411px
>>91344699

>extra 30 minutes of dull krypton backstory

>extra 30 minutes of punching

>extra 30 minutes of explaining what the fuck the Codex/MacGuffin is

>extra 30 minutes of backstory shot like Terrence Malick B-roll

>zero extra minutes of Daily Planet because what kind of faggot wants that in a Superman movie?
>>
>>91344749
You forgot an extended version of the floating in space posed like Jesus on the cross scene, with a chorus singing and flashes to Mel Gibson's The Passion appearing at subliminal speeds.
>>
>>91344749
You forgot

> extra 30 minutes of Superman walking on water, feeding a crowd of hundreds with a single fish and piece of bread, resurrecting a dead man and curing a blind man with kryptonian saliva mixed with mud.
>>
>>91344749
>>91344764
>>91344781
You forgot fifteen minutes of Pa Kent whipping young Clark with chains that have meat hooks attached to them and monologuing about the sounds drowning horses make.
>>
>>91344749
> 30 minutes of miscellaneous easter eggs setting up future DC films that still don't have a set release date

> 10 minute scene where Pa Kent explains to Clark his intense fear of Tornadoes.

> 30 minutes extra montage of more miscellaneous dangerous jobs Clark took growing up.

> 3 minute post credit scene of Superman finding a piss jar waiting for him amidst the rubble of Metropolis City. "DUN DUN DUN!"
>>
File: 1489543694978.jpg (294KB, 1804x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1489543694978.jpg
294KB, 1804x1135px
>>91324943
I thibk they have a chance with that compelling "guna poop in your pillow case scene." Just riveting
>>
>>91344531
>investors still consider SS a flop
>higher ROI than Civil War without China
LMAO
>>
File: 1480771546115.jpg (43KB, 877x188px) Image search: [Google]
1480771546115.jpg
43KB, 877x188px
>>91344871
> b-b-b-but China!

It's not how much money something made, it's how much it didn't make. Particularly when you see the sharp drop off following the first week.
>>
>>91344871
DCEU fans everyone, they don't actually like their movies, they just want you to think other people do.
>>
>>91344851
> 30 minutes of miscellaneous easter eggs
No, a ten second clip.
>>
File: 1484263728019.jpg (73KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484263728019.jpg
73KB, 520x800px
>>91324585
Im not watching this cringe shit
>>
>>91344885
>higher Return On Investment than an Avengers movie with Spiderman
>wasn't even released on the second biggest market for movies
>posting reddit screencaps
>still zero (0) oscars
Laughing My Ass Off
>>
File: tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif (2MB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif
2MB, 494x494px
>>91344885
someone just needs to kill DC put it out of everyone's misery
>>
>>91344871
>>91344933
Rest assured friend it made enough money to ensure a long healthy future for the Harley Quinn expanded Universe, errrr, I mean DC expanded Universe.
>>
>>91344943
The Batman & Harley Extended Universe?
>>
File: cringey darkness.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cringey darkness.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>91344923
no yeah just gonna stick with this cringe shit that you can't even see because it's so fucking dark
>>
>>91342956
800m's house tops.
>>
>>91342909
So it's confirmed that all those "insider sources" claiming that the movie needed 900 trillions to break even were fake news and smear campaign right? Good, I thought so
>>
>>91342956
definitely over a billion prob 1.2
>>
>>91344933
The fact it made so much movie (most of which was just in the first week) really only illustrates just how many more people were disappointed with it.
>>
>>91344965

>Snyder's compositing of CGI backgrounds hasn't gotten one iota better since 300

>a movie a decade old

I'd be fine with his CGI worlds if they didn't all look like fucking Sky Captain.
>>
File: 1490322350095.png (343KB, 266x568px) Image search: [Google]
1490322350095.png
343KB, 266x568px
>>91344965
>Outrageous
>>
>>91324585

Because Marvel is terrible at producing sequels. The only sequal they produced that was better than the previous film is Winter Soldier.
>>
The DCEU apologists are already gearing up for their defense of Wonder Woman with: "It didn't cost much to make so technically anything it makes will be great."

Cost return is the new standard for defending the DCEU movies now since they can't say with a strait face that the movies were good or that they liked them. Which is funny because before BVS the biggest criticism of the MCU claim to box office fame was "more money =/= better movie"
>>
>>91345014
the saddest thing is there might be retards who actually believe this
>>
>>91333048
Shit taste in movies confirmed
>>
File: 1487410445520.jpg (112KB, 530x288px) Image search: [Google]
1487410445520.jpg
112KB, 530x288px
>>91345014
The first avenger is a more complete movie, and probably better than anything else in the MouseCU. Dont pretend TWS is any sort of political/spy thriller, it simply is not worthy to be in that genre
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 1526x119px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 1526x119px
>>91345010
>>
>>91345038
>Dont pretend TWS is any sort of political/spy thriller

Except it was, nigga did you even watch the the movie?
>>
>>91345046
look like the DC retards are the ones who got BTFO as usual

probably ran off to his reddit so he can ask the three other retards who like DC to help him
>>
>>91345061
Dude don't! I know the bait is tasty, but you can't!
>>
>>91345038
>>91345029

I'm talking about within each individual film franchise.

> Iron Man 1 was better than 2 and 3
> Thor 1 was better than 2
> Avengers 1 was better than Ultron (and Civil War)

The only film that is considered better than the original is Winter Soldier. Which btw I agree isn't all that terrific.
>>
>>91345061
HE HAS PICTURE OF AN ACTUAL FUCKING TROLL IN HIS POST

Don't be like the DC fan, don't be retarded
>>
>>91345061

The MCU movies are so bad that I haven't even watched a single one of them, that's how bad they are.
>>
>>91345097
That's right everything is terrible according to this magical cape movie standard that apparently doesn't exist.
>>
>>91345100
I bet you think TWD, R&M, and GoT are bad too

fucking contrarian retards who hate great things just because they're popular
>>
>>91345127
I don't know what those acronyms stand for so they must be terrible!
>>
>>91345118

Normies are the one's saying Logan is the best superhero film since the Dark Knight kiddo.
>>
>>91345168
According to what source exactly?
>>
File: 1488922944040.jpg (22KB, 249x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488922944040.jpg
22KB, 249x281px
>>91324585
This shit is like superhero squad level of humor.
>>
>>91345179

Normies.
>>
>>91345179
http://www.businessinsider.com/logan-reviews-critics-2017-3
and >>91345168 is wrong it's EVER not since the Dark Knight

which is overrated shit
>>
>>91345223
you mean great? nice shitty DC reaction image btw
>>
>>91345168
Normies are the one's saying Civil War is the best super hero film ever kiddo.

See I can make up popular opinions too.
>>
File: Mickey_Mouse.png (70KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_Mouse.png
70KB, 250x250px
>>91345245
Who said Im DC you turd blossom?
>>
>>91345254
that was before Logan which is before GotG2 which is before Thor Ragnarok which is before Infinity War
>>
>>91324585
It's an MCU film, and because MCU movies consistently get good reviews, and make a lot of money, so /co/ has to hate it.
>>
>>91344988
wot?
So because it made so much money it shows how much people were disappointed by it?
>>
>>91345025
>anti-Marvel thread
>B..but muh dc
gotta love how defensive you hardcore marvelfags are getting.

People only bring up money when people say certain items were a flop or the whole 800mill meme
>>
>>91345078
are you illiterate?
>>
File: DC.png (37KB, 627x241px) Image search: [Google]
DC.png
37KB, 627x241px
>>91345515
the only "people" who make anti-marvel threads are DC losers upset everyone hates their shitty movies

and most of them are just /tv/ shitposters
>>
>>91344803
>You forgot fifteen minutes of Pa Kent whipping young Clark with chains that have meat hooks attached to them and monologue about the sounds drowning horses make.
How would Clark feel them?
>>
>>91345127
never seen them, but stuff made for the mass market is 8/10 times shit, or starts good before turning shit
>>
>>91324824
I'm calling it now that this is the start of the Adam Warlock/Magus Saga
>>
>>91345556
He wouldn't, he'd just tell him to heat them up until they're glowing hot. It'd be like that scene in Atlas Shrugged where John Galt help his torturers with their equipment. Zack is a fan of Rand, right?
>>
>>91345541
Christ, mate you really need to grow the fuck up
>>
>>91345127
GoT and Walking Dead are fucking shit nowadays though.
Rick is the best adult animated show on air currently.
>>
>>91344635
Thanks.
>>
>>91324634
Hehehe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pr-xcEYmgk
POOP!
>>
>>91345061
>its a political thriller bro!!!
>all the modern themes of oversight and surveillance are dropped in the 3rd act in favor of punching cartoonish nazis

Real politik!
>>
>>91324753
This.
I'm tired.
>>
>>91346056

>all the modern themes of oversight and surveillance are dropped in the 3rd act in favor of punching cartoonish nazis

>implying that changes anything

You realise Enemy of the State is a political thriller too, right? Just because something is aprt of a genre doesn't make it smart or classy by definition.
>>
>>91346097
But the entire implication of anyone calling these flicks political thrillers or psychological thrillers or heist films or space operas is that they're elevating it as being more unique than your average cbm even though they all follow the exact same formula.
>>
File: 1490584764937.gif (404KB, 499x289px) Image search: [Google]
1490584764937.gif
404KB, 499x289px
>>91346019
Rooker deserves better
>>
>>91346125

> is that they're elevating it as being more unique than your average cbm even though they all follow the exact same formula

First of all all those films have formulaic elements to them that exist within the context of the genre. If you watch a bunch of heist movies, you can see formulaic aspects that make a heist film good or bad.

Second of all, the "MCU formula" is nonsense. The only time they've had any merit is how obviously Doctor Strange was patterned off of Iron Man, other then that it's incredibly generic bullshit like "The third act has a lot fo fighting" or "it has a MacGuffin" which are so vague as to be useless.

Are there similarities stylistically? Sure. But there's no hard-and-fast "formula" and very time someone tries to point out what that formula is it's always, always an incredibly generic Mad Libs that could apply to a hundred movies.
>>
File: Guardians of the poo poo.png (375KB, 853x436px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians of the poo poo.png
375KB, 853x436px
>>91346019
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=cthjod9awzI

even the product placement is better
>>
>>91346019
Is this real tho? I thought they just voiced it over for promotion etc. since the lip/audio dont snyc

IF this was included in the final cut then I'm not going anymore.

>>91346279
They're marketing bb groot so hard desu
>>
I really cant wait for the tell-all book about the MCU's success

I really hope there's a whole section devoted to Guardians of the Galaxy because how James Gunn has so much production and creative power after the success of that series implies to me some sort of background politics going on. He's able to cast whoever he wants pretty much and literally told Feige to fuck off when asked to include Thanos teases in the script.

It can be the chapter right after the one detailing Whedon's tragic fall from grave
>>
File: DebaCle.png (116KB, 605x542px) Image search: [Google]
DebaCle.png
116KB, 605x542px
>>91346361
there's only one tell-all book that REALLY matters
>>
>>91324585
>/co/ being exicted about a Marvel movie.

Yeah, right.
>>
File: 1419999047939.jpg (189KB, 445x597px) Image search: [Google]
1419999047939.jpg
189KB, 445x597px
>>91346382
>making money is a cautionary tale for Hollywood
>>
>>91346471
I can't wait until both JL and WW flop hard, maybe then you will understand the brand damage BvS did.
>>
>>91346493
this

>>91346471
you can't be serious EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE about DC is about how horrible it and everything it does is every movie announcement, every casting choice, every trailer is met with scorn and ridicule

after these two bomb bigger than any movie in history no one will touch DC for at LEAST several decades
>>
File: 1490296358653.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490296358653.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>91346493
But bvs was sweet, and JL looks sweet too
>>
File: 1490695146242.png (302KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1490695146242.png
302KB, 621x621px
>>91346653
>But bvs was shit, and JL looks shit too
ftfy
>>
>>91338661
>Since movies have existed, the villains are the driving force of an action plot and not being memorable is a terrible anchor on franchise popularity.

Kek.

I remember seeing an interview some years ago where Feige says that this is EXACTLY what they try to avoid, they try to shift the focus from the vilains to the heroes.

They noticed that on super hero movies, it was usually the vilain that stealed the show, most movies were about THEM and their origin story. They decided that if they wanted to make a franchine out of these characters, the focus should be on the main character, the hero, not the vilains. I think that it was a good plan in theory, but they should find a better balance.
>>
File: 1483043947896.jpg (26KB, 720x757px) Image search: [Google]
1483043947896.jpg
26KB, 720x757px
>>91346719
So, her opinion is different than mine?
>>
>>91346722
>they try to shift the focus from the vilains to the heroes
Oh look, someone who gets it!

It's pretty clear that Marvel isn't setting out to make iconic villains like the Joker or even Green Goblin. They're trying to get their heroes to the iconic level, and it worked.

10 years ago, no one in the public could pick Iron Man out of a lineup, and they certainly didn't know his name was Tony Stark. They probably didn't know Thor was a superhero too. They certainly hadn't heard of Ant-Man or Doctor Strange, let alone the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Now everyone has.

DC failed to pull that off with Green Lantern, so they went right back to making Batman and Superman movies. They managed to get Harley there (a Joker spinoff character), and we'll see if they can pull it off with the rest of the JL. My guess is Aquaman is the only one who really takes off.
>>
>>91346382
Craig isnt the smartest apple in the tree anon
>>
>the movie looks so fucking bad that the shills have to talk about DC and how the next one is totes going to flop
That oscar really did a number on you guys
>>
>>91346493
didnt the JL get the highest amount of views in the shortest space of time for a trailer or something? i really cant see it flopping
>>
>>91347028
no that was IT JL did nothing
>>
>>91347028
More views on youtube than Spiderman and GotG that's for sure. The thing is that only indicates a strong opening weekend, which all DC movies have had so far
>>
>>91346851
>DC failed to pull that off with Green Lantern, so they went right back to making Batman and Superman movies. They managed to get Harley there (a Joker spinoff character), and we'll see if they can pull it off with the rest of the JL. My guess is Aquaman is the only one who really takes off.

they already did that in the 80's with superfreinds. Not to mention all the shitty CW shows out now. Christ man, think a little.
>>
>>91324634
Space School Musical Bro.
>>
File: dc btfo.jpg (34KB, 404x210px) Image search: [Google]
dc btfo.jpg
34KB, 404x210px
>>91347055
barely and only on youtube
>>
>>91347043
>24,515,979 views in one week
yeah you're full of shit

>>91347055
Pretty much all capeshit isnt it? only ones to have a fairly consistent income was suicide squad and gaurdians
>>
>>91347110
>facebook
Sad!
>>
File: 1478276582994.jpg (62KB, 623x713px) Image search: [Google]
1478276582994.jpg
62KB, 623x713px
>>91346019
Can someone edit in a laugh track for these films already? Its the only thing missing
>>
File: H IT.png (439KB, 967x542px) Image search: [Google]
H IT.png
439KB, 967x542px
>>91347120
that's after a week and both Spiderman and It have almost that even though they came out later
>>
>>91347110
its so sad you have to make this shit up anon, three spiderman trailers alone cant beat one justice league trailer

both look like shit by the way so inb4 dccuck or whatever
>>
>>91347164
New Bev was cute. Cute!
>>
>>91347164
see >>91347172
the first trailer that came out three months ago still hasnt beaten the JL trailer
>>
I just don't care anymore, man

I mean I'll watch it, but just because i need to in order to keep up with the MCU, I seriously have 0 interest in GotG2
>>
>>91347172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM
>>
>>91324824
>Then pop music, sweet visuals, quips that autists will latch onto and REEE about for years
The sad thing is this has already begun
>>
>>91347222
shill raising the view count?
>>
>>91324585
Wish they went with Magus, honestly.
>Universal Church exchanges Nebula for a task that speeds up the creation of Warlock
>Warlock isn't in the movie until the end, but the movie centers around the Guardians fighting Magus' armies and taking him down
>Midway through, they seek shelter on Spartanoi, and meet Peter's father who sells them out
>Movie ends with the Church being disbanded, buta cocoon is seen opening up, revealing Adam Warlock, thus Magus' plan worked.
>>
>>91347222
a trailer with less views then the JL one?

>sony
heck you dont even know if theyre all human views or not if its sony
>>
>>91343486
>GotG2 looks like the same forced comedyshit as the last one, Spider-Man is the same overexposed Spider-Man shit as always
Please explain in detail what you mean by these two things. "Forced" comedy makes as much sense as /v/ saying artificial fun and overexposed Spider-man isn't a critique of a movie.
>>
>>91324585
Sitting in the theater waitin for my boy king king and this stupid fuckin trailer starts. Aw for fuck sake. Don't push the button, I am groot, hur hur dur... pop corn munching, paper cups emptying, hur hur hur. Stupid title shot, volume 2, like your mixtape, you remember your mix tapes don't you co? You have sexual feelings for her! She said your secrets! Do me! Hur hur dur dis movie is so cool I sure hope it's in 3D like last time please punch me in the fucking skull some more I like movies that require my skull being concussed in order to enjoy it
>>
>>91347358
This pasta made me laugh, can I steal it?
>>
File: code reee pepe.png (235KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
code reee pepe.png
235KB, 600x503px
>>91346719
>Wattercutter
>Skywalker
>Star Wars
>Disney
>Marvel

REEEEESHILLREEEEE
>>
>>91347389
It's a free country brother.
>>
>>91346361
What the fuck even happened to Whedon? He just seemed to snap after Ultron and has been getting worse ever since.
>>
>>91347065
That's like saying Marvel thrust the Avengers to the iconic level because of EMH. Sure, people have heard of Aquaman and the Flash, but they literally don't know anything about them other than "talks to fishes" and "runs fast."

And the CW shows? They're nothing on the radar of casuals.
>>
>>91347287
J'Son sucks, Ego is better
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.