[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'M THE AVATAR! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT! What did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 43

File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>I'M THE AVATAR! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!
What did you think of this first impression back in the day?
>>
>back in the day
2012 to 2014 wasn't too long ago.
Right?
>>
i was just happy to see the avatar universe back.
>>
"ha cute, apparently aang was a loser"
>>
>>91324172
Happy.
Then despair
>>
>>91324172
A bit on the nose, but I let it pass.

I certainly didn't expect the series of disasters that would follow.
>>
>>91324210
2012 was half a decade ago.
>>
File: Hey Pal Amon to You.jpg (15KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Pal Amon to You.jpg
15KB, 500x294px
>>91324172

I have never seen a series go to shit so fast in those last two episodes of the first season. I could get past the love triangle and Asami on the verge of being a villain and never becoming one. But they ruined such a great villain with a perfectly morally grey cause. Amon was a villain you could actually root for.

And I think the Koh theory would be a perfect bridge into the next season about spirits. Imagine, no DARK AVATAR.
>>
File: no.jpg (55KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
55KB, 380x380px
>>91324172
I literally made this face when she said that, but then once we got to the scene of her exiting the boat and entering Republic City and started fighting with the Triads and escaping the cops, I pretty much forgot about what she said as a kid and grew faith for the show's potential.

Too bad the show ruined said potential with Season 2, rebuild it in Season 3, and shat on it yet again with Season 4.
>>
>>91324172
Cringed, but pleased when she was eventually broken.
>>
>>91324172
seeing Toph again was the high point of the series

I also don't know why people liked the avatar Wan episodes so much
>>
>>91324385
>avatar Wan
because it wasn't korra fighting nega-avatar you could almost pretend it was it's own series
>>
>>91324172
I didn't want a female protagonist because I knew this exact shit would happen.
>>
>>91324430
>I didn't want a female protagonist because I knew this exact shit would happen.
>there have been hundreds of female avatars but this one is special and deserves to be hated because she said some words when she was a baby
yeah man, sure, there's no possible way that a 5 year old who figured out how to control 4 different elements might be cocky AND say stupid shit, it has to be entirely a "I'M A VAGINA, YOU FUCKING FAGS SO FUCK YOU."
you're fucking autistic
>>
>>91324476
>who figured out how to control 4 different element

3 actually, i think the series suffers because of how old the team avatar is
>>
It was a mixture of

The Avatar Spirit manifested early because of something Aang did so the next Avatar discovered their powers early.
and
Now that the world is less divided due to the events of ATLA, the illusion of separation can come down more easily thereby allowing people to mingle and interact with their neighboring nations which changed the dynamic of the universe which influenced the Avatar spirit. It always seemed iffy to me that a person who was born as the Avatar didn't know they could bend multiple elements until their biological clock struck 16 years of age except until some old men told you.
>>
>>91324548
nah man, aang is just a loser who doesn't have any natural talents.
>>
>>91324579
Aang was 12 when they told him. It was everyone else after Wan that apparently didn't find out until 16.

>>91324504
>i think the series suffers because of how old the team avatar is
The series suffers for LoK because it did not need a team avatar. It was not required and served no purpose, even to the characters as their own separate selves.
>>
>>91324172
Adorable.
>>
>>91324172
Half cringed but didn't care because the first episode had the charm of AtLA and it still came off as a new idea of a brash, arrogant avatar who would learn to become spiritual, understanding and noble. The major hype preluding the sequel also made me biased - but when that horseshit of a love triangle came into play I started to have major doubts on how things might end.
>>
>>91324172
I thought it was funny. Aangs issues with bending the elements came from emotional baggage so I was fine with her figuring it out as a kid.

I developed other issues with the show as time went on though.
>>
>Korra tells Tenzin to fuck off the entire season, pretty much stops even attempting to learn the mentality, let alonw airbending.
>Last episode
>I can air bend? I CAN AIR BEND!

>yfw
>>
File: RCstatistics.png (30KB, 1088x652px) Image search: [Google]
RCstatistics.png
30KB, 1088x652px
>>91324172
I think it's no wonder we have statistics like this.
>>
>>91324172

"Oh, no. This is gonna suck, isn't it?"

And it did.
>>
>>91324476
I love how triggered anons get when I bring this up. There's no way they would've made a dude master 3 out of 4 elements, it's all strong womyn bullshit.

>there have been hundreds of female avatars
Too bad they couldn't write a good one. The closest I can think of is Kyoshi, but she was just cool looking.

>you're fucking autistic
REEEEEEEE I WANTED A MANLY MAN
>>
>>91324385
>seeing Toph again was the high point of the series

>Hey remember that thing you like
>HERE IT IS AGAIN

You're why hollywood is creatively bankrupt
>>
>>91324172
I didn't like the scene but I liked what it meant, that Korra was a very different person then Aang

is there like a watch list for Korra I only watched the 1st season, which I liked, and got board halfway through the 1 ep of season 2.
>>
>>91324172
It perfectly set the tone for the rest of the series.
Utter and complete failure in every single aspect, disappointment beyond imagination, an ending that has gone down in infamy as the only thing worse than being silently cancelled.
>>
>>91324745
>>Korra tells Tenzin to fuck off the entire season
You mean episode 2 and nothing further when Tenzin was trying to teach an element that is based on freedom by limiting how it is done when his children picked it up without his help as evident by Meelo and Jinora doing things their way and managing without him?
>>
>>91324172
I thought her chubby little tum- tum was adorable and I just wanted to tickle her.
>>
>>91324172

I liked it. I really thought that we would get an Avatar who shits on everyone and just does her own thing rather than being a push-over. Then they crashed this image in the very next scene.
>>
>>91324834
No man. Just stop. Don't try to watch it.
>>
>>91324813
>There's no way they would've made a dude master 3 out of 4 elements,
Aang tries to waterbend and gets it right on his first try.
Aang tries to firebend and do it properly the way Jeong Jeong tells him. Aang gets bored of that and firebends naturally.
Aang tries to earthbend but just can not seem to get it in one afternoon oh wait no he got it.

Meanwhile they have Roku surpass his teachers with extravagant displays of bending that are shown to involve actions that can cause damage and he isn't chastised for lacking restraint.
>>
>>91324548
>It always seemed iffy to me that a person who was born as the Avatar didn't know they could bend multiple elements until their biological clock struck 16 years of age except until some old men told you.
If you didn't know you could fly, would you try jumping off a roof?

If you lived in the water tribe, would you ever think to try bending fire?
>>
>>91324965
>If you lived in the water tribe, would you ever think to try bending fire?

Yes. Because it's awesome.
>>
>>91324986
>mfw I tried to kamehameha 10 billion times as a kid
>>
>>91324172
cute!
>>
>>91324965
>If you lived in the water tribe, would you ever think to try bending fire?
If you were told stories about the Avatar by your parents.
If you are a kid and watched something that you thought was cool on the internet or on TV, would you repeat it in some fashion?

Also airbending also involves arm and leg movement to bend the element, not straight up flying by jumping off a roof.
>>
>>91324548
if you didn't know you could fly, you wouldn't just jump off a building would you?

could be that most avatars simply dont try bending other elements because they dont think they can
>>
>>91325043
>if you didn't know you could fly, you wouldn't just jump off a building would you?
Did you not read any other post up above?
>>91325007
>>mfw I tried to kamehameha 10 billion times as a kid
It's a long time ago but do you recall having fun as a three or four year old child? Or perhaps if you had recess as a kid in school and interacted with others in your school.

Especially for this new world that has the wife of the last Avatar living among them during a time where the world is intermingling after a 100 year war. Stories are told and an excitable child could mimic the movements that people would show to talk about an event that happened.

Also you two >>91324965 have a weird idea about flight if you think it means jumping off a building. Do airplanes jump off a building or do they take off on solid ground? Do birds jump off a building or do they leave their perch by flapping their wings?
>>
>>91324172
Tenzin was the hero we needed, not Korra
>>
>>91325154
>It's a long time ago but do you recall having fun as a three or four year old child? Or perhaps if you had recess as a kid in school and interacted with others in your school.
>Especially for this new world that has the wife of the last Avatar living among them during a time where the world is intermingling after a 100 year war. Stories are told and an excitable child could mimic the movements that people would show to talk about an event that happened.
I'm not sure what your point was? my point was agreeing with the fact that it is possible for children to mimic things that adults wouldn't try because I specifically remember attempting to perform the kamehameha
>>
>>91325154
You're missing my point and focusing more on the wording of the analogy.

The point is - if you didn't KNOW you had a secret superpower, you probably wouldn't do things to test whether you had that power or not.

If I don't have any reason to think I'm faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, or able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - I'm probably not going to go out of my way to to try dodging cars on the highway, lifting trucks with my bare hands, or jumping up to the top of a tree to rescue a cat.
>>
>>91324172
>Awesome, we get a kickass female lead kicking ass and taking names with nice animation and fights in an interesting world.

I was so hopefull back then. I even managed to stay engaged right up until the end even through the rough spots of pointless love drama and season 2.
>>
>>91324172
I dealt with it.
>>
>>91324210
5 years is long when you're 17
>>
File: 1335368274459.jpg (49KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
1335368274459.jpg
49KB, 638x480px
>all that hype and excitement for LoK that dissolved when we slowly realized it was complete shit
>>
>>91324834
Only thing worth watching is book 1 and 3.
>>
I didn't hate the new characters half as much as I hated seeing the old ones again.
>Hey, guys, remember Katara?
>Hey, guys, remember Iroh?
>Hey, guys, remember Toph?
>Hey, guys, remember Zuko?
>YOU LIKED THEM, RIGHT? HERE THEY ARE AGAIN

No, fuck you. I absolutely hated their forced appearances, especially Iroh and Zuko, because at least Toph did something in the plot.
>>
>>91324954
>pretending he even mastered Earth or Fire by the end of the final battle
>ignoring Aang royally screwed up Kataras hands because he didn't understand the fundamentals on how to use control and patience
>Pretending moving a few rocks is the same as bending three elements at toddler age

You're just retarded. I don't even know whether you're arguing for or against Korra but your logic is absolutely atrocious and seemingly autistic (literally). It's the only plausible outcome to why you think the way you do.
>>
>>91324172
Never finished the first episode
>>
File: 148573972802.png (955KB, 1872x2296px) Image search: [Google]
148573972802.png
955KB, 1872x2296px
>>91325474

>Guys look! You liked Sokka right? Mako's just like him!
>except with none of the tactical intelligence, fighting skill, grounded world view, creativity, perseverance, or a goal to work towards
>...but look he did something silly!
>>
>>91324270
And also a boner.
>>
>>91324954
Almost every past Avatar is portrayed OP as fuck with zero flaws. That's because they're not a main character or otherwise they'd be boring to watch in the longrun. Comparing them to the hero of our story is stupid.
>>
>>91324172
Cute and a stark contrast to Aang.
>>
>>91324172
I never watched Korra, but aren't they only supposed to tell the avatar who they really are on their 16th birthday?
>>
>>91325875
yeah but that doesn't do anything if a kid hears stories from elder Katara about how kick ass the avatar was when he was bending, and it definitely doesn't stop children from mimicking the people they idolize which might lead that kid to discovering their powers
>>
A good hero should have flaws.
She shouldn't BE a flaw.
>>
>>91325154
>Do birds jump off a
Yes, lot' of birds actually do throw their young out of the nest when they're "teaching" them to fly
>>
>>91326074
to be fair birds don't have a 50/50 chance of whether or not they'll be physically capable to fly.
>>
>>91324954
In Atla Aang was never a waterbending master outside of the avatar state. He was just kinda Katara's back-up.
>>
File: 1380148963926.jpg (20KB, 267x214px) Image search: [Google]
1380148963926.jpg
20KB, 267x214px
>>91324782
>violent crime statistics of an extinct race is higher than that of a nation of war criminals
>>
>>91324172
meh

asami was pure love though

asami on top of korra even more so

suck it fags
>>
>>91324172
Her character as a child was nothing like her character on the show
>>
>>91324210
If you're 15. It was a third of your life ago
Practically half of the life you remember
>>
>>91326486
>its almost like babies grow up
>>
File: DoomguyPleased.gif (100KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
DoomguyPleased.gif
100KB, 96x96px
I'd been a naysayer since I got sick of the hype train, so it was just more ammunition for me

>tfw all your cynical predictions were rewarded by the trainwreck that LoK became
It was a good feel indeed
>>
>>91326454
>war criminals
>implying there is a UN in the avatar universe to establish what is a war crime and what is not.
>>
>>91326500
She was swapped at some point
>>
File: AvatarKyoshisAdvice.jpg (92KB, 400x582px) Image search: [Google]
92KB, 400x582px
>>91326527
There is, it's called the Avatar
>>
>>91324172
I thought Korra was cute.
I really liked the 1920s style city,
I ended up getting bored of season 1 halfway through. (The finale didn't leave any impact honestly)
>>
>>91325398

Its built again for season 3. Then it was just lulz for season 4. The lesbian ending gave much shit posting I enjoyed it.
>>
File: korra.jpg (164KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
korra.jpg
164KB, 500x700px
>>91324172
I thought it was cute.

Then she grew up and I got a boner.

Then I actually watched the show and wished she was in a better one.
>>
>>91326610

The end of the brothers was good.
>>
File: 1478618802176.jpg (1MB, 3000x3420px) Image search: [Google]
1478618802176.jpg
1MB, 3000x3420px
>>91324172
>pic related
I had this gut feeling that Korra was going to suck when this happened.
I wanted to be proven wrong.
Unfortunately I wasn't.
>>
I'd say this was the least of the show's problem.
>>
>>91326637
>Then I actually watched the show and wished she was in a better one.
She was a lot of what was wrong in the show tho.
>>
>>91324172
I thought it was cute
Looking back it was a sign of things to come and I shouldn't have had my nostalgia goggles on
>>
>>91326919
Can't blame the retard, you blame the parents. If she had better writing backing her she'd have been right next to Aang, maybe even greater.
>>
>>91326957
Most of /co/ had the hype, don't kick yourself friend.
>>
>>91326637
Exactly this.
>>
>>91326919
He character concept isn't bad, it's the handling of her.

Not sure if inept writers or kids' network is to blame, but the story ruined the character, not the other way around.
>>
>>91327169
Clearly inept writers. I'm baffled people are still making excuses for Bryke to this day
>>
I loved it. It's mostly mysoginistic shit lords that care
>>
>>91326978
Yes, if she was written better she might have been a great character. She would also be a completely different character.
>>
File: Korrasami is boring.png (274KB, 518x734px) Image search: [Google]
Korrasami is boring.png
274KB, 518x734px
>>91326466
Korrasami is the most boring, least eventful aspect of the entire show.

Seriously, every time those two are onscreen together, any charm the two have when separate just sort of disappears in favor of these two just existing next to each other in the shot. They don't really have any interesting chemistry or dynamic that doesn't have to do with poking fun at the only competent character in the entire show mako. For the life of me, I just don't see the appeal outside of fanart.

Bryke has somehow managed to make the idea of two insanely hot girls hooking up a dull affair. That's actually kind of impressive. Honest to god, Masami had more charm than either other ship that involved any two of those three together
>>
>>91327200
I'd suspect at least some S&P preventing them from acheiving moral complexity, but who knows
>>
>>91324172
I thought it was the perfect introduction that told you everything you should have needed to know about Korra's character. Unfortunately she turned out to be a boyfriend/girlfriend-stealing drama queen.
>>
>>91327169
It's definitely the inept writers. Aang was on a kids show and still managed to be an interesting, complex character.
>>
>>91327272
Aang was. Ozai, however, was less so than, say, Amon. Amon offered complex ideology about inequality, and was proptly derailed. Ozai was just "Lol, let's conquer people and steal burn shit"
>>
>>91324172
I was confused and a little angered. Then I got even more angry when they showed shit like
>Tons of metal benders
>Any old fire bender can now lightning bend
etc.

Why the hell did things that were difficult in TLA suddenly be piss easy? How shit is zuko if every last twat can lightning bend but he cant?
>>
>>91327308
And yet he was infinitely more interesting and well used.
>>
File: RonPaulYouOnlyHadToListen.jpg (33KB, 450x304px) Image search: [Google]
RonPaulYouOnlyHadToListen.jpg
33KB, 450x304px
>>91327308
Ozai was the kind of villain a character like Aang needed. He wasn't complex but that was the point; he was not someone Aang could empathize with and talk down like he so loves to do. How they ultimately resolved the conflict however was questionable, and the pattern repeated in LoK but amplified. Amon was a perfect foil for Korra, but then they dropped the ball hard when she actually had to confront him.

Honestly, if we had paid attention to the signs we would've known LoK would suck even before it began, but the hype was blinding.
>>
>>91324782
>Number of Air Nomads in the Single digits
>commits 7% of crimes in a large modern city
The Fire Nation did the right thing.
>>
>>91327244
What's wrong with boring? Have you never been in a relationship? Some people ARE boring and LIKE boring. I'm boring as fuck and so is my partner.
>>
>>91327623
And that's why you're not on tv
>>
>>91327718
"I don't like Korra and Asami together because they are boring." is not a good enough reason. Korrasami is canon. Get over it.
>>
>>91327763
How about it being nonsensical shit?
>>
>>91327800
How so? Because you say it can't happen? Sorry, it's canon. The creator says so. Women can fall in love with each other so sorry to break it to you.
>>
File: SamusConfusion.png (39KB, 353x364px) Image search: [Google]
SamusConfusion.png
39KB, 353x364px
>>91327763
Being bored by it is not a good enough reason to dislike something made to be entertaining?
>>
>>91327823
Yeah, but they wouldn't fall for eachother, did you even watch the show? They are nothing like what they each look for in a partner, which would be more like Mako (unfortunately). Nvm that they barely pay any attention to eachother or care about one another.
>>
File: ew.png (180KB, 309x288px) Image search: [Google]
ew.png
180KB, 309x288px
>>91327623
>>91327763
>>91327823
You're legitmately the most autistic fanboy I've ever seen defend this shitty relationship.

Korrasami being boring and not making sense since they objectively have the weakest connection together out of the other 4, where even Korra has a stronger connection to Bolin than she does with Asami, yet you dare claim they're not considered good criticism???

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>91327909
This. Who cares what's canon, the canon is shit, and so is the whole show.
>>
File: 0.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
How can she be both mary sue OP...

>Somehow can Earth and firebend better than the average bender without any training or understanding of them or their form at age 4

>Doesn't have to be spiritual at all to airbend, go to the spirit world, quell spirits, and connect with spirit tree

>Can metalbend after a weekend of messing with space metal

>Can avatar state without past lives but still gets same output and allows for energybending that she never learned

>Somehow energybent herself into a kaiju on equal ground with the Dark avatar despite just being a waterbender

But still job like dogshit in the face of her overwhelming capabilities?

>Lost to 3 chi blockers twice

>Was defeated by the "Dark Avatar" despite having 3 more elements, energybending, and thousands of past lives to call on

>Struggled with Kuvira twice, one with the avatar state, another without

>Couldn't deal with a flying airbender despite being in the avatar site

Its like she is a fusion of Yamcha and Superman
>>
File: 1491115744138.png (26KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491115744138.png
26KB, 300x200px
>>91327763
>not a good enough reason
Okay, so here's some more reasons then
>it does nothing to make Korra a better character but sacrifice potentially interesting interactions so they can fall back on the same "let's laugh at Mako and look cute next to each other"
>it does nothing to make Asami less bland other than give her something to do
>it might as well not even be a part of the show considering how inconsequential it ends up being to the story
>it's yet another example of how much LoK wasted it's own potential

Do you want more or are you just going to reply "lel it's canon so deal with it" ?
Fucking Steven Universe had better gay relationships than this.
>>
>>91328029
Plot demands it. It's because the writers wanted her to be awesome strong (the first part), but can't into challenging her without combat so she has to lose to make the bad guys look strong.
>>
File: ImFine.png (102KB, 263x278px) Image search: [Google]
ImFine.png
102KB, 263x278px
>>91327909
>where even Korra has a stronger connection to Boli
Novelization says she hated their date and thought he was pathetic the whole time
>>
>>91326454
>war crimes
>muh six trillion airbenders genocide
Stop lying, and stop being hippies. If you did something productive to society, perhaps the crime rates wouldn't be so high.
>>
>>91328111
>thought he was pathetic the whole time
for what?
>>
>>91327909
>weakest connection
Asami is literally the only person Korra writes to during the time jump. Sorry that you've never been in a real relationship and don't understand how things work. Get laid.

>>91327862
>it's boring
Still not a good excuse. Have sex.
>>
File: RCstatistics2.jpg (64KB, 695x850px) Image search: [Google]
RCstatistics2.jpg
64KB, 695x850px
>>91327516
It's a shame they didn't start with the water savages.
>>
>>91328111
The show says otherwise, it was one of the only times Korra seemed to just let go and enjoy the moment. It's the date where Korra had more chemistry with anyone out of team avatar for the entire show.
>>
>>91328111
post proof
>>
>>91328140
She still had a better connection to Bolin and Mako. It was pretty forced that she wouldn't write anyone back. In fact she was happier when Bolin returned than she was with Mako and Asami in Reunion episode.
>>
>>91328206
Bolin = Bro
of course you'll be happy at seeing your bro. That's the person you screw around with.

Asami = Bae
That's the person you literally fuck and share an emotional connection with.
>>
>>91328243
But she didn't do any of that with Asami. She barely paid her any attention. She actually cared about most other characters and their trouble.
>>
File: stop.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>91328140
Wow, do you realize that telling someone to get laid for not agreeing with you is a sign of autistic projection? All you did was make yourself look absolutely pathetic, and with a thin enough skin to prove it.

Korrasami is an absolutely shit ship objectively, there was very little build-up, having a couple of letters justify it is just baffling. People write letters and emails to their parents, does that mean they suddenly want to fuck each other?

Get your head out of your ass, lmao.
>>
>>91328111
>(((Novelization)))
I don't know, anon, my eyes and ears tell me a different story.
>>
>>91328140
>Asami is literally the only person Korra writes to during the time jump
And Tenzin is the only person that moves his ass to see her. Your point?
>>
>>91328140
>Asami is literally the only person Korra writes to during the time jump
It is also the only friend that would understand what she was going through. Her other options were ex-boyfriend, and Bolin.
>>
File: and he looks at me.jpg (150KB, 1135x640px) Image search: [Google]
and he looks at me.jpg
150KB, 1135x640px
How do you guys feel about them ?
I thought these two were some of the only good characters in the show and I was surprised at how much I ended up liking Bolin.
>>
>>91328433
Bolin was nice for the most part, and was one of the only great characters in Book 4.

Varrick was great in book 2, and pretty much the only great one in that book, but it felt like he fell off in book 3 and 4. His sudden concious was weird to me, but His and Bolins back and forth was pretty fun.
>>
>>91328433
Varric was worthless beyond S2
>>
File: Aang_Vector_by_BiggStankDogg.jpg (99KB, 700x763px) Image search: [Google]
Aang_Vector_by_BiggStankDogg.jpg
99KB, 700x763px
>>91328433
>Mentally impaired special snowflake earthbender sokka replacement and Chinese Tony Stark

>Good characters

Tenzin is the ONLY character that is redeeming.
>>
>>91328278
Lift weights, get a job, and have sex.
>>
>>91328433
>>91328511
>Forgetting Lin
She did go full retard in season 2, though, but so did everyone else. And I mean it, everyone else.
>>
>>91324304

After the first book ended I still tried to convince myself the show was good. But ruining Amon like that...

I don't think I'll ever understand how they could fuck up book 1. They had the roaring '20s setting with such a big city that they could have had "village of the week" episodes, but in different sections of the city; the nonbender dilemma of living in a world full of superheroes; a threatening villain; and Korra needing to grow spiritually.
>>
>>91326499
a fourth
>>
>>91328778
This. The show had crazy potential, and they just squandered it. And on what? Painfully cringeworthy love triangles?
At least season 3 was good, and I kind of liked the fourth one.
>>
>>91324172
That we were going to get a story about a "punch everything" avatar who needed to develop her spiritual and intellectual capabilities to protect the world.

In 4 seasons, she did neither.
>>
>>91328819
>tfw so intelligent you remember your mother's womb
>>
>>91324172
i loved the humour, now not so much
The show is still great
>>
File: 1433992563033.gif (761KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1433992563033.gif
761KB, 500x278px
>>91324172
I disliked it, thought it was pretty cringe writing.

Was pretty hyped for the potential of Korra though, I remember watching this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pybPtFvL6Lo

Alot.

Which didn't really pay out. God why did it have to end like it did.
>>
>>91324172
>series starts with I'M THE AVATAR! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!
> ends with I'M THE DYKE! YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!
>>
>>91329336
Wait, shit

Wrong trailer

This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54srZLuYfb0
>>
>>91329336
Hype never pays off. It's a disease of the mind.
>>
>>91324385
animated midichlorians, trying to explain to much in a fantasy/mystic setting really ruins it.
>>
>>91329359
That was actually pretty hype, and made me sad since i know how it panned out.
>>
>>91324172
Didn't most people love it? And then LoK ended up sucking as much as it did.
>>
>>91329359
I will admit that is a damn fine trailer.

At least the soundtrack/animation was good.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nkwh52yImh1rku3fs.jpg (40KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nkwh52yImh1rku3fs.jpg
40KB, 500x281px
>>91327763
>"I don't like Korra and Asami together because they are boring." is not a good enough reason.
It's a perfectly good reason. It's only saving grace is that it didn't really bog down the show like Makorra did. Beyond that, I nor any audience member has any reason to invest in the idea of a romantic relationship between the two unless you're the type of mouthbreather that ships the two hottest members of the cast just because they are the hottest members of the cast.

honestly, Asami's mostly the reason foe how boring it is. She's such a blank slate you could pair her off with just about anyone and I wouldn't blink twice.
>>
>>91329545
I believe this is correct.

Some of the fights looked FUCKING ugly, however.

And of course pic exists. Urgh. If they ever do anything with Avatar again, hopefully its a Universe reset. Such a waste of a great setting.
>>
>>91324745
I kept laughing until the episode ended. I honestly couldn't take it anymore and something inside just broke.
>>
>>91324172
I really liked it cause it seemed last or the writers made sure we knew this wasn't Aang 2.0. The idea of a brash and headstrong Avatar was cool except they ruined it
>>
>>91327244
Has there ever been a good written lesbian pairing in a kid's cartoon? Like.. at all?
>>
>>91330058
Don't know, but i doubt there many that are worse than that one.
>>
File: ahert.jpg (385KB, 1077x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ahert.jpg
385KB, 1077x1080px
>>91329689
>brash and headstrong Avatar

Kyoshi was that already. Korra wasn't even brash, she was straightup stupid a lot of the times.

>Spirits invaded the material world with Vaatu breaking the portals open, forced humanity into exile on lionturtles after conquering the world
>Lets spirit portals stay open and come into the material world despite only spiritual waterbender being able to do anything about them

What the fuck was the point of her learning of Wan's life if she didn't keep the ONLY good thing he did consistent?

Nothing good can come from spirits on Earth, and they actually segregated themselves anyway and treat humans like shit. Its a powderkeg waiting to happen!
>>
>>91330172
Kyoshi was never a main character
>>
>>91324172
it felt like a 3/10 moment to me.

I just wished the show ended at season 1 instead of going all gay and robot like

>Amon could have saved us all
>>
>>91324172

if a sequel to korra was made,
could the people in charge retcon out alot of bullshit like korrasami and any of those books after the korra series ended?

or would that be asking too much?
>>
>>91324172
I thought someone at Nick forgot how the avatar works.
>>
File: 1461727011689.jpg (23KB, 489x638px) Image search: [Google]
1461727011689.jpg
23KB, 489x638px
>>91330404
>Amon wasn't a spirit

>Amon wasn't an energybender

>Amon's story and motives were completely unrelated to the interesting notion of equality for non-benders and based mostly in daddy issues

>Amon's face is covered in burn makeup at all times

>Amon was actually just a waterbender with an ability that completely goes against all the established lore in Atla

>Despite bloodbending being a rare ability that apparently can be learned lik lightning bending and metal bending, dozens of bloodbenders didn't show up like metal and lightning did after the fact.

I don't see how or why others wouldn't learn to bloodbend
>>
>>91327623
>IT'S OK TO NOT BE ENTERTANING BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE AND THINGS IN REAL-LIFE AREN'T ENTERTAINING!

You, this is what (you) sound like.
>>
>>91330058
Ruby and Sapphire. They were actually very entertaining in the human zoo arc
>>
>>91328169
This. God forbid the lead get into a thing with quirky comic relief character.

Oh wait, Kim Possible did and managed to make it work out just fucking fine.
>>
>>91324172
Good contrast to Aang.
Unfortunately it went to shit pretty quick.
>>
File: 4488683.gif (426KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
4488683.gif
426KB, 500x255px
>>91330172

>Anybody have to force to live with the spirits.
>No humans can touch/invade/touch the spirits or else they going apeshit.

What is the message of the show? Allow the spirits to be jerks because kora says that it is okay?
>>
>>91330662
It was """""EVIL"""""

Seriously imagine Doctor's who can blood bend.
>>
>>91325250
>if you didn't KNOW you had a secret superpower, you probably wouldn't do things to test whether you had that power or not.
Punching brings out air, fire, and earthbending when we see movement in AtLA. Kicks also managed to allow people to bend fire and earth. You don't have to think you are faster than a speeding bullet, stand up against a locomotive, or try and leap a tall building, you just have to hear a story about the Avatar who can bend the four elements. You are a kid in this scenario so it's not about knowing but trying even if it is in just having fun.
>>
>>91328029
>How can she be both mary sue OP...
Form went out the window for LoK since everyone was doing basic punches and kicks a good amount of time. And she wasn't better than average at the age of 4, just able to bend the element.

The airbending and getting the Avatar State was ridiculous but since they already had her doing that they just went and rolled with it. Jinora is spiritual for no reason so she helps Korra get to the spirit world but at least she did have Unalaq teach her the quell spirits technique that really just annihilates them versus soothes them back to normal. Connecting with the spirit tree was the end of season 2 so a journey and experience had been made.

Bolin can lavabend after less than two minutes with lava but the Avatar, who can earthbend, can't be allowed to get the hang of metalbending? It's not like she was fighting Suyin and winning with just metal, she was using it sparingly in season 3.

And she was using energybending to restore Amon's waterbending (yes that doesn't make sense in the first place) but if it was all just Aang then why did Aang need to enter the Avatar state to use it against Yakone and Ozai if it was "Aang's" technique? If you use it and can understand it then you should be able to add a skill as your own rather than only be able to thanks to a predecessor.

And she had to lose because bad writing.
>>
>>91324172
What a scamp, I hope she doesn't turn into a cunt.
>>
>>91331858
Yeah, about that... well, at least she can take the knot.
>>
>>91324172
I thought it was cute, but how quickly that ended...
>>
>>91327623
>what's wrong with boring.

You're telling a story. If a romance isn't something that on some level contributes to the overall character arc of both or even just one of the characters, then why are you even bothering?

Maybe it'll actually mean something in the comics but given that Mike is writing, I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>91330662
Only explanation I can give is that bloodbending was portrayed as immoral and sadistic, so it was likely discouraged in the water tribes.
>>
File: 323262.png (146KB, 459x302px) Image search: [Google]
323262.png
146KB, 459x302px
>>91324172
if 4 years ago was "Back in the day" to you

then you are too young to be here
>>
>>91324782
I feel like I'm autistic considering this graph is triggering me due to its blatant dishonesty. The city was made up majority by fire and earth benders, and this was reflected in the criminal goons in the show.
>>
>>91332402
>I feel like I'm autistic considering this graph is triggering me due to its blatant dishonesty.
It's fake news to start with, don't give it a response.
>>
>>91331695
I don't mind Bolin learning lavabending, since they made it a point that he (and the other sports players) had a fluid Earthbending style that goes against how it was traditionally taught up until then. I just took Lavabending as a fairly easy skill that most Earthbenders couldn't do because it was so far removed from how they'd been taught.

Korra didn't really show anything that would hint at having an affiliation for metalbending to have picked it up so fast.
>>
>>91332526
>I just took Lavabending as a fairly easy skill that most Earthbenders couldn't do because it was so far removed from how they'd been taught.
Then since Korra picked it up when she trained with Bolin she'd be capable of learning lava too as she did non-traditional earthbending.

Toph says earth is a stubborn element and Korra's mentality is like Lin's in being stubborn and headstrong.
>>
>>91324172

After Amon took away her bending I expected her to unlock her airbending, that much was obvious. But then I thought that they would go on an adventure around the world to teach her how to use the elements properly. But no, she just pulls Avatar hax and gets them all back with no problem. I mean, we wouldn't want our beautiful strong female character to have to struggle to achieve something, that would be mean.
>>
is the comic out yet? how gay is it
>>
>>91332891
So basically you wanted a remake of TLA
>>
>>91332908
A little bit of adventure to show how the rest of the world's getting on 80 (?) years in the future would have been great.
>>
>>91324172
first scene with Korra as a child and she can already bend 3 of the 4 elements.
fucking mary-sue.
>>
>>91332937
So basically you wanted the exact same thing with slightly more technology
>>
>>91324476
The problem with Korra is she starts out to strong, imo. They had her prefect three elements before the show even started.

It made it so they had to have her become a professional jobber, always getting beat down to hype up some big threat.
>>
>>91332891
>But then I thought that they would go on an adventure around the world to teach her how to use the elements properly.
That was never a good idea and would never have been good, from a narrative perspective or even a logical one.
She already KNOWS how to bend, Amon blocked her ability to do so. Learning what she already knew would do fuckall, and we'd still just be retreading the ground Avatar already tread.

>>91332995
The real problem is Bryke couldn't figure out how to make her struggle properly, so she ends up jobbing like an idiot most of the runtime. They did great in Book 3 though. Jobbing while chained up against some of the most dangerous benders in the world is certainly not a strike against her.

Still, there's plenty of ways she could have started as she did and not turned into the Jobatar, master of all jobbing.
>>
>>91332941
>Aang learns all the elements in 6 months
>Not 10 times the mary sue.
>>
>>91333041
>>91332995
How's it jobbing if everyone she lost too got the drop on her?
>>
>>91333076
Not always. Plenty of times she just forgot how to fight, or the choreographers forgot to have her fight well.
>>
>>91332971
No, something very different with the same sense of uncovering ancient secrets to battle a new threat and the same variance in location. The big difference would be pacing since we're only talking about a few episodes
>>
>>91333062
Aang HAD too learn the elements in six months because he was pressed for time, dumbass.
Korra already knew how to bend with no pressure or teaching in her first scene.
How in the fuck can you even compare.
>>
>>91328689

You first, mate.
>>
>>91333131
The fact that he was capable at all when avatars learnt heir elements taking around 3 years EACH, makes him a huge fucking sue in a world full of fucking sues.

All korra could do was use the element, she still had to put in the time to be able to use them competently. Hell, Aang got over his difficult element in a fucking afternoon, it took korra about 6 months and losing her bending to do it.
>>
>>91333198
>The fact that he was capable at all when avatars learnt heir elements taking around 3 years EACH
Yes, they made a point of that in the show when Roku said that to Aang, but again, He had no choice in the matter. It was either master the elements in a limited time or let the world be destroyed.

Yes, Aang was a Air bending prodigy, but he also he the best teachers that he need to learn the other elements.

Difference is,
Korra didn't earn it. It's not deserved.
>>
>>91333366
>He had no choice in the matter.
And he still did it. Good thing he was an overtalented child protagonist in a world filled with overtalented child protagonists, huh?

>Korra didn't earn it. It's not deserved.
Good joke. Aang "earned" waterbending by watching katara do it once. Hell, Katara "earned" waterbending, at times, simply by being angry. Using the elements is not a fucking diploma, it's literally something you're born with and can manage, albeit poorly and weakly, if you're at all talented.
>>
>>91324385
>I also don't know why people liked the avatar Wan episodes so much

It was during season 2.

So seeing a well animated, nicely made, artisticly done short story with decent characterization and growth mixed in with some interesting worldbuilding and amazing action set pieces felt like a goddamn breath of fresh air after drowning in shit.

it was only later we realized that air had been the last fart slipping from the rotted corpse that was everything interesting about the original show. All the talk of balance, inner strength, the Avatar being a bridge to the spirit world, and the goddamn whole purpose of the Avatar State was replaced by fucking evil kites.
>>
>>91333444
>with decent characterization

It didn't have that at all to be honest. And the narrative was weak.
But I'll agree with the general point, it gave us a break from Korra who was at her most abrasive at the time, with far better production values than the early season.
>>
>>91324385
Toph's characterisation was shit in Book 4. The high point of the series was Amon holding Korra's face in his hand after he ambushed her, and then just leaving like a complete badass.
>>
>>91333505
Almost everything about Book 4 was dogshit, past the first 2 episodes.
>>
>>91333505
>Toph's characterisation was shit in Book 4.

she seemed perfectly in character
>>
File: Ken ain't got time.png (315KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ken ain't got time.png
315KB, 640x480px
>>91333416
>And he still did it. Good thing he was an overtalented child protagonist in a world filled with overtalented child protagonists, huh?
>Good joke. Aang "earned" waterbending by watching katara do it once
Look, I don't have time to correct everything you say.
Just never reply to me ever again.
>>
>>91333553
Look if you can't argue don't try to come off like you just don't care to, it never works.
>>
>>91333594
I dunno, from my perspective this guy >>91333553 seems like a cool dude with a blase attitude and you look like a big gay nerd. I think he's onto something.
>>
>>91333629
From my perspective speaking in third person to try to keep commenting after you pretending to leave is about as sad as it gets.
>>
>>91333594
If it gives you any sense of gratification, good for you.
>>
>>91333525
Korra Alone was a really solid episode actually. I had high hopes for Book 4 after that.

>>91333539
What they did to Toph was shit. Fucked over all the progress she was making in ATLA to becoming a more understanding and compassionate person. Her joining the police force didn't make sense. Making her into a bad mother felt like a character regression. I don't care if it is realistic, it was terrible.
>>
>People questioning Aang and Korra learning the elements quickly

They've literally learned them thousands of times before. And both of these avatars are 'Prodigy', even amongst the Avatar line.

In my opinion, your all faggots for questioning how they Learned them so fast.
>>
>>91333661
Yep, you're just digging yourself deeper, now. Try to be a cool dude like me and this guy >>91333553 instead of a pedantic nerd and maybe you will make some friends.
>>
>>91333668
Indeed, being correct is pretty gratifying.

Observe, Aang "earning" waterbending on his literal first try. Truly, his efforts shame Korra.
>>
File: tophbueno.png (151KB, 230x569px) Image search: [Google]
tophbueno.png
151KB, 230x569px
>>91333685
>What they did to Toph was shit
>I don't care if it is realistic
confirmed Tophfag can't handle that his waifu a slut
>>
File: 1491335100863.png (163KB, 597x420px) Image search: [Google]
1491335100863.png
163KB, 597x420px
>>91329336
>>91329359
>That trailer
>Not the season 4 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCEFMY4TWGw

Season 4 was by far the most disappointing. Coming off the heels of season 3, and given what we knew about it at the time, it easily could have and should have been the best season.
>>
>>91324304
>Koh theory
Ha! I remember that AmonIsKoh guy spamming his shit in nearly every thread.
>>
>>91333715
Or further still, watch how he "earns" firebending while his assignment was literally not to firebend.

I get that the episode's point was about how he lacked the discipline and fire was dangerous, but don't pretend his unlocking the power of fire was in any way difficult to him.
>>
>>91333707
damn, how did you become such a cool guy?
>>
>>91324172
I thought it was cute for her as a little kid to be like that.
But then it turns out she never grew up, ever. And I just wasn't interested in Selfish Cunt: The True Last Avatar Because She Said So
>>
>>91333685
Yeah, God forbid Toph became a complex character with flaws and not some perfect little doll you could waifu.
>>
>>91333797
How is Korra selfish again? This is one of the bigger criticisms lobbed at her and I still don't see it.
>>
>>91332995
Korra suffers by being so close in the time line to Aang.

They should have had a major skip in time, skipping over a couple avatars. As it was, the setting was to close to the original and is why I believe most haters disliked it.

It also would have allowed more of a mythical sense to the original, and you'd actually have valid reason (lots of time) for the Air benders to be thriving again.
>>
>>91333759
It's just bad writing man. Ehasz wouldn't have let it go down like that.
>>
>>91333761
That trailer was literally the hypest I've been at a trailer in my life. The nosedive after episode 2 almost killed me.
>>
>Korra apologists

Is there anything more pathetic?
>>
>>91333812
Imagine if Zuko had never joined the Gaang. They could write it in a realistic way, but would it be satisfying storytelling? Fuck no. Same thing with Toph. I'm not saying that she has to be perfect, but for all that development to go to shit is plain bad.
>>
File: Mr.-Plinkett.jpg (93KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.-Plinkett.jpg
93KB, 1024x768px
>>91324172
ohhhh noooooo
>>
>>91333685
>I don't care if it is realistic

psh
>>
>>91333838
Your waifu is a slut. Slut!
>>
>>91333947
I should amend that to 'believable.' Doesn't mean it's the only way things could happen.
>>
File: _1281072602805.jpg (537KB, 2700x1519px) Image search: [Google]
_1281072602805.jpg
537KB, 2700x1519px
>>91333836
>Korra suffers by being so close in the time line to Aang.
I don't think it does. I think the blame lies squarely on the writing and directing of the episodes and story.

The setting, character designs, concept and outline were ABSURDLY golden. Korra has every reason to be twice as good as Avatar, the building blocks were there.
Bryke dropped the ball catastrophically.
>>
>>91333838
>bitchy sheltered rich girl with parent issues who ran away from home becomes bitchy adult slut
>bad writing
pick one
>>
>>91324684
>new idea of a brash, arrogant avatar who would learn to become spiritual, understanding and noble

Why would you think that?
>>
>>91333898
>for all that development
What fucking development are you on about?

Toph barely developed at all.
>>
>>91334087
He may be an incredibly boring person, anon, don't rub his face in it.
>>
>>91334028
Bryke dropped the ball wrapping everything about Amon up in 2 episodes with that excuse brother act.

The moment Korra stopped being a planned mini-series. He should've made Season 1 end in a cliffhanger.
>>
>>91324385
Brought Toph back to ruin our memory of the character.
>>
>>91334089
Yeah, I actually agree with you. Mostly it was just seeds of development such in episodes like The Runaway. The show leads us to believe that she is on her way to becoming more aware and caring. It is still not satisfying character progression for Toph. She rarely shows any sign of genuine affection for her daughters.
>>
>>91333832
Maybe because she never listens to anybody else about anything, and keeps choosing the wrong things specially when it's against the advice of her loved ones.
Korra keeps trampling on everybody else, only stopping when the other shoe drops and she has to pay for her mistakes. She mopes for a while, someone makes the mistake of reassuring her and then BAM, we're back to the same shit without a single lesson learned.

By the time that VERY slightly changes, the character is loathsome and it's hard for most people to give a shit about what happens to her.

It's why the time spent with a completely different Avatar is the best thing to come out of that entire show.

It's very telling that she completely ruined thousands of years of experience and knowledge for absolutely no good reason. She just couldn't handle listening to other people's advice (when she didn't need it).
>>
>>91334112
>The moment Korra stopped being a planned mini-series. He should've made Season 1 end in a cliffhanger.
I fully agree. Avatar itself was originally only set for 15ish episodes, and the mid-season finale of book 1 was a fantastic episode that tied up no loose ends. Smart. I don't know why they didn't do the same for Korra.

That said:

>Amon up in 2 episodes with that excuse brother act.
I think Amon being Tarrlok's brother and Unalaq's son was pretty good (well foreshadowed too), and tarrlok himself was a fantastic character and mid-boss. It's a real pity amon himself was such a terrible noncharacter.
>>
>>91334204
I don't really know what you're referring you, to be honest.

>It's very telling that she completely ruined thousands of years of experience and knowledge for absolutely no good reason.
Oh yeah, it's HER fault that the evil kite asspulled Rava out of her and soulwiped it. Yep, all Korra and her "selfishness".
>>
For Gods sake, Korra's been over for years and we're still acting like it's 2014. What the fuck?
>>
>>91334320
It's a show that should have been amazing and ended up roughly mediocre. Massive disappointment is worse than just garbage really.
>>
Decent change to have a hero start off with power and seize the responsibility that comes with it.

Of course Aang Ex Machina and Book 2 were awful and Book 3 was the only good season but hey, what can you do.
>>
>>91334420
Aang shouldn't have given her the avatar state. Healing her wasn't so bad, but Korra jobbing, as bad as it is, is much better than Korra jobbing with the fucking avatar state.
>>
>>91324782
Fire Nation did nothing wrong
>>
Say it with me now!
BRYKE ARE _____
>>
File: IMG_0728.png (186KB, 530x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.png
186KB, 530x585px
>>91333836
>for the Air benders to be thriving again

>Tfw a group of 5 people have a seat on the council that represents republic city, and has a big say in the government
>>
>>91328778
>But ruining Amon like that

Uh, what? He was a manipulative monster committing atrocities against innocent and guilty alike.
>>
>>91334523
Hacks.
>>
>>91334557
It was a cultural-based council, and while "active" airbenders were only five, there was a large community of people living the fire nomad lifestyle, in both RC itself and abroad.

The idea that picking a nonbending president somehow fixed the issues RC had was honestly so fucking stupid. But the equalist's struggle in general was fucking stupid, that's why I was sure Amon was a manipulator since the first preview of the season 1's story came out years before airdate.
>>
>>91334473

They should've had her resolve to find a way to unlock her other elements while continuing training with the one she's stuck and uncomfortable with. Aang popping in was a complete asspull based on the idea that there may not have been another season and they wanted a happy ending.

It's even more jarring against the facts that antagonists had just died via explicit murder-suicide, and Korra was possibly contemplating suicide just before Aang. The execution wasn't perfect, but the ideas there had balls. And then they went poof.
>>
>>91334028
>the building blocks were there.
>Bryke dropped the ball catastrophically.
It is poisoned from the start. The struggle against Amon can work on a personal level but on a macro scale the bender versus nonbender idea doesn't work.

>>91334259
>Oh yeah, it's HER fault that the evil kite asspulled Rava out of her and soulwiped it. Yep, all Korra and her "selfishness".
The way the story is presented and how she is the only one who is shown as wrong and has to change is what contributes to putting the blame on her. No one else is challenged, but at the same time no one else presents anything that makes sense. They both dismiss the Avatar and look to her for a solution at the same time, those close to her and those who are not close to her.
>>
>>91334661
>They should've had her resolve to find a way to unlock her other elements while continuing training with the one she's stuck and uncomfortable with.

I honestly don't think that was a good idea. Having Korra turn into a weaker Aang combat wise would have been really boring from the action perspective and uninteresting from a narrative perspective
I do think Aang popping in was a good idea too, the explanation they gave for her connecting with her past self was decent, and the Avatar state is as good an excuse as any to undo Amon's bullshit powers. But having her keep the avatar state was a mistake.

But you're right, shit got saccharine past that.Basically everything after Aang and the avatars showed up was a nosedive.
>>
>>91324172
Korra's tummy
>>
>>91334864
>The struggle against Amon can work on a personal level but on a macro scale the bender versus nonbender idea doesn't work.
I actually agree, which is why it was clear Amon was a charismatic manipulator. The only mistake is pretending the equalists had a point, the real problem RC had was that it was still a colony. It needed independence, not a nonbender president.

>>91334864
>No one else is challenged, but at the same time no one else presents anything that makes sense
Exactly, FUCK. Korra made mistakes, yes. But no one had a problem with her solutions. So either Korra is an idiot in a world of idiots, or the plan somehow made sense in-universe for poorly explained reasons. Regardless, blaming that shit on her is completely absurd.
>>
>>91334953
>>91334864

It's kind of the same issue with the planning of the Avatar finale. When you get down to it, the White lotus' plans cooked up by the great and wise elders were absolutely idiotic by any standard. But no one really had a problem with them, so either everyone is stupid or they somehow made sense in-universe.

Since Aang and the rest aspulled a victory, no one really brings it up.
>>
>>91331179
>SU
>opinion discarded

>>91330058
Jeff's parents in Clarence. They're not stronk womyn and they're role as parents is prioritized over they're being lesbians
>>
>>91335086
The White Lotus and Aang were the underdogs in the situation. Like the Rebels going against the Empire from the original Star Wars trilogy.

In LoK we've got the blind leading the blind and then they decide to punch it after Korra suggested that long ago when they were telling her to not punch it.
>>
>>91335315
>The White Lotus and Aang were the underdogs in the situation
That's not an excuse to send all your biggest muscle to a secondary or tertiary objective and send 3 children to take out a flying fleet of the strongest firebender in the world and his elites on the very day when they had power comparable to the avatar.

The only difference between those plans and Korra's is korra's plot armor is far inferior.
>>
File: disgust.gif (1MB, 533x358px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
1MB, 533x358px
I cringed, but the fire bending battle scene shortly after made me forget about it
>>
>>91334953
>Korra is an idiot in a world of idiots
This. And that doesn't clear her of all blame. She's still an obnoxious idiot.
>>
>>91335562
Sure it does. She's up to world standards, because Bryke is shit writers.
>>
>>91334953
>not a nonbender president.
Isn't the Republic of Nations choosing a president showing their independence?
>>
>>91335628
It is, but the issue is they made it about the fact that benders were on the council, not the fact that foreign appointees were ruling RC.
>>
Amon and the Equalists had a real valid point and with the way technology was progressing, non-benders deserved their own place in the world and benders were responsible for all conflicts.
>>
>>91328819
anon... five out of fifteen is a third
>>
>>91335659
>not the fact that foreign appointees were ruling RC.
Changing it to that would have changed the dynamic. Korra would (in the hands of a good writer) actually see Amon's point since she was being ruled by others in her life choices up until now. Her attachment to keeping the status quo would be through Tenzin as a personal feeling.
>>
File: 1477247712638.jpg (28KB, 279x283px) Image search: [Google]
1477247712638.jpg
28KB, 279x283px
>>91324172
I knew it was going to be shit, but I watched anyway.
>>
>>91336454
Amon didn't actually have a point, neither did the equalists. The only thing they were right about was that the council was a problem, but they were completely wrong about the reasons for it.

There isn't really much of a way they could have had a point, because discrimination based on bending wasn't a thing in Aang's time, much less likely during Korra's.
>>
>>91336600

This honestly. Besides the non-elected council ruling the city, the only point Amon had was that some criminal benders abused their powers to bully nonbenders, but there were just as many benders willing to defend them.

The richest guy in the city is a nonbender; and Mako, a bender, has two jobs and is piss poor, so bending doesn't seem to be a class issue.

It's a valid argument to say that non benders might be somewhat frustrated that there's a bunch of people who have handy magic powers to defend themselves while they got jackshit other than hoping the bender police comes quickly, but it's nowhere near as bad as to justify revolution and the elimination of benders.

A reasonable equalist movement would try to spread chi-blocking to the general public while denouncing the council and calling up for elections.
>>
>>91336600
>Discrimination didn't exist

Your wrong and should feel bad for being this wrong.
>>
>>91337539
Where was the "discrimination"?
>>
>>91332402
Waterbenders do most of the crime despite being the minority. Goddamn savages.

Anyway, you can't argue with statistics.
>>
>>91324965
>If you didn't know you could fly, would you try jumping off a roof?

I jumped off my couch super mario style if that counts.
>>
>>91330172
Korra is a dumb fuck.

All she did was cause problems the next avatar will have to fix. And they'll be hated, because she caused the problems in the first place.
>>
>>91324172
I remember not liking Korra at first.
Once she stopped thinking she was gods gift to the world, and started to take the role of Avatar more seriously did I like.
I connected more to Aang's challenge of understanding his importance to world, but not wanting the responsibility of being Avatar.
Basically I liked the show from the second half of season 1, up until the giant robot show up in season 4.
>>
>>91324782
>air nomads
>committing any acts of violence ever

spotted the fire nation nazi
>>
>>91324172
Aroused
>>
>>91339429
Ozai did nothing wrong.
Airbender genocide when? Bending wars now
>>
>>91339511
Shadman pls
>>
>>91334891
I guess the whole learning the elements again story is a way for people to make use of the loss of them. I think a better way to handle it would have been to not remove her bending at all if you're going to have it be pointless anyway.
>>
>>91334320
See
>>91334376
/co/ is only "misogynist", hateful, and spiteful towards TLoK cause it was supposed to be just as good if not better than AtLA. This is partly due to nostalgia, partly due to hype, but the outcome is mostly due to bad writing. It made /co/ so angry we have dedicated threads to how much they spite Bryke.
>>
>>91324172
It was humorous and served to establish her personality. Unfortunately that personality wouldn't change for 3 goddamned seasons.
>>
>>91324476
What an autistic post
>>
Why didn't they just shoot the avatar with a gun?
>>
>>91341646
That's Series 3, where guns are bad mmkay?
>>
>>91324172
I lost all hope and only Varrick managed to show me the light of hope.
Unfortunately he wasn't around enough to salvage thew hole show.
>>
>>91333769
And i remember having my Amon is Aang theory shoved up my ass.

I am still sore.
>>
>>91333769
To be honest, if Amon was an apprentice of Koh, or maybe even just Koh, it probably would have been a better outcome than what we got.
>>
>>91342142
Amon should have stayed a deranged Nonbender Batman.
>>
>>91342211
That would have been nice too. But Batman doesn't have any powers, whereas Amon was thought to.
>>
>>91342105

>Varrick revealed in S2
>profiteer off of the Water Tribe Civil War
>revealed he's a scumbag and escapes at the end of S2
>AntiAvatar group in S3 comes up, mysterious anti-White Lotus that wants anarchy
>S4 comes around and they NEVER reveal that everything from S1-S4 was Varrick's plan to become the single most powerful man in the world by imploding dynasties and trying to kill the Avatar so industry and money are what rule the world, not blood and tradition
>and he doesn't fucking bend anything to prove nonbenders can be just as frighteningly fucky as a bender

This would have been so fucking good why did they not do it
>>
>>91342224
He could have been a bloodbender, but one who could barely muster any power normally. So he'd still be batman with subtle bloodbending chiblocking powers. This way he could still be Tarrlok's brother, and Tarrlok being the strong bloodbender.
>>
>>91342229
Because seriously evil varrick is a shit idea.
>>
>>91324172
I remember thinking that I wanted someone to cripple this child
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.