[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the Feige/Perlmutter feud hurt the MCU going forward? Look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
Will the Feige/Perlmutter feud hurt the MCU going forward?

Look at all the characters the tv shows have stolen so far

>Daredevil
>Luke Cage
>Jessica Jones
>Iron Fist
>The Punisher
>Ghost Rider
>Cloak & Dagger
>all The Inhumans
>just announced: Squirrel Girl, Cannonball, New Warriors
>in development: The Runaways

What will Feige have left to use in Phase 4 besides an endless array of sequels?
>>
>>91314110
They should be locked in a room together and not be let out until they are forced to have sex with each other. There, feud ended.
>>
>>91314110
>What will Feige have left to use in Phase 4 besides an endless array of sequels?
Just about every other Marvel character not on that list or controlled by another studio?
>>
>>91314110
MCU is better off with Pearlmutter and his gay love for Inhumans.
>>
>>91314168
Come up with 5 original movies for Phase 4 right now

Hard Mode: No Thunderbolts, No Moon Knight
>>
>>91314211
Cum Man
Shit Man
Piss Man
Fart Man
Dick Man
>>
>>91314110
Aside from Daredevil, none of this characters had any chance of having their own movie.
>>
>>91314254
Insanity Mode: No Nova Corps
>>
>>91314211
She Hulk
Spider Woman
Quasar
Sentry
Power Pack
>>
>>91314283
Diarrhea
Jungle Shitters
The Fucker
Private Eye The Cum Guy
Skidmarks
>>
>>91314318
my god. DCEU gonna fuck us in the ass so bad.
what about Fantastic Four? I remember reading about marvel studios having still some rights over them or something like that.
>>
>>91314110
Gentlemen, how do we kill the Kike?
>>
>>91314433
>DCEU gonna fuck us in the ass so bad.
Ahhh...no.
Marvel can make literal who's into money makers while DC is struggling to make Batman vs fucking Superman successful.
>>
Why can't Stan just kill that fucking kike?
>>
>>91314211
Blade
Hercules
Nick fury
Black knight
Agents of atlas
Satana
Man-thing
Namor
Sqaudron supreme
>>
>>91314433
>DCEU gonna fuck us in the ass so bad.
In a parallel earth perhaps.
>>
>>91314433
>I remember reading about marvel studios having still some rights over them or something like that.
Your source is complete bullshit and you should feel bad.
>>
>>91314110
Alternate Realities

Earth X
Future Imperfect
Age of Ultron
What if Norman Osborn had the Infinity Gauntlet?
>>
>>91314485
that could work when capeshit was still a trend. tell a normie in 2020 to care about fucking moon knight.
DC will always have Joker and Harley, Bats and Supes
>>
>>91314623
>that could work when capeshit was still a trend.
>was
>>
>>91314485
anon, do you realize Powerless has better critics than fucking Iron Fist?
>>
>>91314433
>us
>>
>>91314110
Ghost Rider and Cloak & Dagger are the only real losses. DareDevil and Luke Cage are more suited to gritty TV drama.

Fuck Squirrel Girl and the stupid meme jokes ("lol most powerful").
>>
>>91314110
None of this characters would be used properly on movies. It is good that they are putting everything out so when the bubble bursts (circa 2020) no one will be left with unexplored potential.
>>
>>91314499
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+3:23&version=KJV
>>
>>91314673
>one DC comedy beats one Marvel show
>this somehow means Marvel is doomed
Is Powerless just a sitcom with a side of capeshit?
>>
>>91314651
it`s starting to decay, just look at the numbers.
Things like Logan, Deadpool and director-driven DCEU shit may still have room, but even normies start realizing marvel studios makes the same movie all over again.
It´s not like Disney is making sure they got their ass covered with Star Wars and ad-eternum princess live-action remakes.
The cape is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>91314211
Vision & Scarlet Witch
Midnight Sons
Moon Knight
Captain Britain
Death's Head
>>
>>91314762
>director-driven DCEU shit may still have room,
The DCEU is dead. Bury it
>>
>>91314110
To be honest, Marvel shot themselves in the foot cause of Spider-Man. THey have to schedule a Spidey film every 2 years and stress how he's the TEENAGE hero. Spider-Man ruins everything.
>>
>nothing but D-list characters posted so far

Scary, really scary for the MCU

And don't try to pull some "b-buh muh talking tree and racoon!!" because that was a much easier sell than any of the stuff posted so far
>>
>>91314742
also their first three EU movies almost double the first three MCU movies at box office.
>>
>>91314762
Logan was the exception, not the rule.
Judging from Fox's slate for X-movies, it's going to be more standard capeshit instead of stuff like Logan.
>>
>>91314211

>Wrecking Crew
>Hawkeye: Kate Bishop
>Darkhawk
>Brother Voodoo
>Thunderstrike
>>
>>91314261
Runaways almost came out back in 2012.
>>
>>91314854
How the hell is She Hulk hard to sell?
Or Nova?
Hell, even Namor can be sold as Aquaman without the Superfriends stigma.
>>
>>91314807
>DCEU is dead
>Aquaman aka HURR LAME CHARACTER is getting more normie atention than motherfuckin Spidey
>>
>>91314915
Yes...by turning him into a Conan clone with little resemblance to the "lame" comic version.
>>
>>91314723
Kek
>>
>>91314905
They cant do hulk movies
>>
>>91314905
>Hell, even Namor can be sold as Aquaman without the Superfriends stigma.

People know who Aquaman is. Other than comic geeks no one knows who Namor is.
>>
>>91314905
there's a reasong neither MCU or DCEU overlaps their "mirror" characters (except for innevitable stuff)
Aquaman is going to be the iconic atlantean king hero on public recognition, and Namor is gonna be just "that mr.spock guy who is total aquaman rip-off"
Also, don't underestimate Aquaman because he had bad reputation. the thing is he is still iconic and recogniasable. Normies can make fun of him, but they definetly KNOW him. And that's a value, pal.
>>
>>91314854
>blade, Herc, nick fury and namor

>d list

Fuck off
>>
>>91314854
Well...when your biggest character is fucking Iron Man, you make due with what you got. The big problem is though, none of these new heroes are home runs like the first Iron Man or Guardians of the Galaxy. It's an uphill battle, but they seem to instead take comfort with Spider-Man.
>>
>>91315070
They know Aquaman because of "hurr he talks to fish XD."
Namur can be sold as a kickass sea monarch without that baggage
>>
>>91315079
>And that's a value, pal.
/reddit/
>>
Will DC also do the 3 and out thing with their character movies?
>>
File: aquaman-new-52.jpg (799KB, 1284x2021px) Image search: [Google]
aquaman-new-52.jpg
799KB, 1284x2021px
>>91314962
bud, did you ever read some Aquaman book? The smart move is DC showing to normies what the character is in the comics. Did you really thing the guy is written like the SuperFriends/Family guy character? what are you, 12?
>>
>>91315222
>not noticing the quotation marks
>not getting sarcasm
What are you, retarded?
>>
>>91315070
pal, that Ashley girl from your class is not making fun of Namor because she doesn't know who the fuck he is. Do you really think normies care about what makes both guys different?
>>
>>91314110
Feige is at fault for this. He should work with the TV division more to have some overlap between the tv series and the movies

Coulson and Daisy should cameo in Infinity War, for example
>>
>>91315292
whoa, sorry mate. I was replying to >>91315162
>>
>>91315334
>at least people know who Aquaman is, unlike Namor
>people only see Aquaman as a joke
>who cares what normies think?
>>
>>91315380
there´s a difference between something having bad reputation and something not having any reputation at all.
Like, Coca-Cola can have bad reputation and your shitty local cola brand can have nothing at all.
Can you get the idea anon?
>>
>>91315418
But what if you start promoting you local colas to others and they end up preferring it to the shitty cola.
Oh wait...
>>
>>91314866
Of course they did, thanks to the MCU
>>
>>91315468
seriously? you are this hard into company wars or genuinely think that?
One can argue the same with the MCU with TDK trilogy, Nolan's films with Raimi spidey, and spidey films to fucking Tim Burton, and all the way with Richard Donner supes.
Don´t be like that anon
>>
>>91315520
Go further and you'd end up at the Superman/Batman film serials from the 40s.
>>
File: inhumans.0.0.jpg (69KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
inhumans.0.0.jpg
69KB, 1600x900px
>>91314261
Dude
>>
File: aqua.jpg (79KB, 526x674px) Image search: [Google]
aqua.jpg
79KB, 526x674px
>>91315456
sure bro. Start promoting your totally-not-lame character who shares most of Aquaman traits (that ultimately made normies make fun of arthur in the first place) but is Spock on speedos with wings on foot to people hyped with based AquaMomoa.
Good luck
>>
>>91315536
this. DC fucking created the thing, let's try not to be that authistic, please.
>>
>>91315591
Do you actually read comics?
Namor came first; Aquaman ripped him off.
>>
>>91314211
>Blade
>Namor
>Mr. Immortal
>She-Hulk
>Captain Britain
or
>Ka-Zar
If they're too x-men, then...
>White Tiger
>>
>>91314211
The continuation of Phase 3 movies will already produce 9 movies. that alone can make it for a long time.
>>
>>91315591
This is why I hate /tv/.

If you actually read the comics you'd know that Namor and Arthur have nothing in common besides ruling Atlantis.
Namor is more like an aquatic Black Adam than anything else.
>>
>>91315591
So basically, normies don't like Aquaman, they like Khal Drago cosplaying as Aquaman?
>>
File: IMG_0282.jpg (435KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0282.jpg
435KB, 600x911px
>>91315591
>Spock in Speedos
u wot m8
>>
>>91315209
Assuming we get another GL film at some point, I could see that transitioning from Hal to John and then opening up to GLCorps. The Flash could do something similar. Batman feels like something you want to lock down, although there is room to have a Robin become the new Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman feel like characters that need to be locked down and stay locked down.
>>
>>91315656
my god.
Where did I talk about Aquaman being first?
Also, did you rode both guys first issues? I did since both are my personal fav from both universe, and DC gave Arthur a lot of love and depicted him as the king of atlantis since the beginning and a JLA founding member.
On the other side Namor was shown for a bunch of issues being the water-based guy along with the fire-based guy (human torch) fighting nazis with Capn.
They forget about him for decades and only Kirby started depicting him as the ruler of its people, with a trident and stuff. And yes, they borrow that from Arthur run (I don't even see that as "ripping off" since it´s the same guy, same with Darkseid and Thanos.
so tl;dr yes, Namor is an older character by a year, but he is also just a made-up marvel version of that era Aquaman (also Aquaman is a made up version of King Arthur meets Poseidon)
>>
>>91315840
I literally have no idea what this dude is saying.
>>
>>91315840
>I don't even see that as "ripping off" since it´s the same guy, same with Darkseid and Thanos.
My god how can someone be so retarded.
>>
>>91315729
sure, I was talking about mainstream public. Also, great comparaison. they don't mirror each other just because they share powers.
Namor is like Marvel's Black Adam, while Orin is like DC's Thor. (no, wondie does not usually have political issues with his racist brother, nor uses a god weapon, nor usually loses a hand)
>>
I've always thought they could do to Squirrel Girl what they did with Guardians of the Galaxy and make it a popular brand. Sucks they lost it to tv. Moving Inhummans to television was a horrible move too.
>>
File: aq.jpg (1MB, 1366x1120px) Image search: [Google]
aq.jpg
1MB, 1366x1120px
>>91315793
again, I was talking as mainstream public. Normies don´t choose pic related neither when refering to Arthur, pal.
Also, I prefer Anka design of Namor, anyways!
>>
>>91315673
This. I almost think that there will be no more room for any new heroes going forward cause we're stuck with so many properties at this point.
>>
>>91315840

TL;DR: you are an Aquaman fan that can't accept Marvel using Namor would be a nice idea and an easy way to introduce a morally despicable character.
>>
>>91315759
no, they don't like the Big Bang Theory idea of Aquaman. They are knowing live-version of comic book Aquaman, and they are liking him a lot.
>>
>>91314110
>Will the Feige/Perlmutter feud hurt the MCU going forward?

Fingers crossed
>>
>>91315948
I disagree with the Inhumans thing. A good approach to their main themes would be hard on movies, while cinema would lose too much time introducing characters.
>>
>>91314211
Son of Satan
Darkhold Redeemers
Nightstalkers
Devil Dinosaur
West Coast Avengers
Great Lakes Avengers
Alpha Flight
Abigail Brand Agent of S.W.O.R.D.
Spaceknights
>>
>>91315981
literally what? I´m still waiting for the MCU giving a shit about my favourite marvel character.
DC giving Arthur the respect and recognition in the DCEU is perfect for me, I only hope Feige to do the same for Namor
>>
>>91314110
I fully expect feige to announce a full split between the tv and movie side within 5yrs
>>
>>91316068
The original Inhumans as a solid team of superhumans on the moon could work, the nu-Inhumans approach of 'inhumans as a stand-in for mutants which we are legally allowed to use' wouldn't.
>>
>>91316097

Deadpool the Duck
Patsy Walker
Black Tarantula
Slingers
Wundarr the Aquarian
>>
>>91316097
Tigra solo spinoff
Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu
Howard the Duck
Beta Ray Bill
Pet Avengers
Marvel Zombies
>>
>>91315869
he is right. For example, Namor didn´t used a trident until mid 60's or something like that. Also, he wasn't even created by Marvel, unlike Aquaman, who was a DC character from it's creation, so it´s not like one "ripped off" the other.
>>
>>91316097
Skrull Kill Krew could be a good movie. Not sure who owns the rights to Skrulls though.
>>
>>91314110
Why are the two of them feuding, anyway?
>>
>ITT: THIS much delusion from DCEUfags.
Fucking stop.
>>
>>91316391
Do you even recognize half the folk people are naming right now
>>
>>91316155

They are a little more than that for a long time. Their transformations by Terrigenesis were a philosophical stand point and it is directly connected to how their society works. Like showing the Alpha Primitives and how they are treated, and the assumption that even if the transformation make you into an object, you still have an obligation to fulfill with your people.

It is a very interesting premise, characters that show on their physical form and limitations their biggest personality traits. Like Karnak always seeing the flaws in everything and Black Bolt being the silent commander.

Of course, we will just see Knock-off X-men on the show.
>>
>>91316547
Yes I do actually. And from GotG, you should know Marvel can turn these characters into gold anyway.
>>
>>91315948
>I've always thought they could do to Squirrel Girl what they did with Guardians of the Galaxy and make it a popular brand.
Squirrel Girl is and always will be a lame joke that went too far
>>
Are solo movies becoming obsolete? I mean they would have more toys to sell
>>
>>91315948
Had this same thought as well.

But they could also do something similar with She-Hulk, but then I've always felt like She-Hulk would be better suited to tv.
>>
>>91314110

>All this useless shit

The InHumans being relegated to TV is the best thing that could have happened. Cunts trying to usurp the X-men, they can fuck off
>>
>>91316307

Black Bird
Black Heart
Black Lash
Black Light
Blackout
Black Thorne
Black Wing

Black Widow (if the market is ready)
>>
>>91316587
We just had Dr. Strange and it was very successful.
>>
>>91316708
Not to mention we're getting Spider-Man this year (unless you don't count it with Tony Stark having a decent-sized role, which might not even be that big if the newest trailer already spoiled every one or almost every one of his appearances), along with Captain Marvel and Black Panther next year.
>>
>>91315759

Well, yeah. It's literally the same thing with how they don't like Iron Man, they like RDJ being CGI'ed into the suit
>>
>>91316659
I feel like the only person who wanted the Inhumans film.
>>
>>91316763

I just don't see them fitting in well with the lighthearted tone of the MCU
>>
>>91316763
I wanted it, because it could've been epic.

And I'll just say it how many characters on that list baring maybe Daredevil, actually had a chance of getting their own movies and not just cameos in someone else's?
>>
>>91316827
I'm sure Black Panther will be a riot.
>>
>>91314110
>Will the Feige/Perlmutter feud hurt the MCU going forward?

No. It's made the MCU better. Because of it,

>Daredevil
>Luke Cage
>Jessica Jones
>Iron Fist
>The Punisher
>Ghost Rider
>Cloak & Dagger
>all The Inhumans
>Squirrel Girl, Cannonball, New Warriors
>The Runaways
>Agents of Shield

are thankfully not part of the MCU. Feige is doing god's work by putting and keeping Ike in his place.
>>
>>91316893

Look anon I can only judge based on what I've seen so far. We don't know what they will do with Black Panther. He will be the straight man for sure but they could include some Chris Tucker tier faggot quipping his ass off
>>
>>91316582
"Who is the most powerful Marvel character?"

"Squirrel Girl hehehe!"

It stopped being funny long ago, and IMHO never was funny.
>>
>>91317247
>>Pretending those weren't one page gags that only happened twice.
>>
>>91316582
>Squirrel Girl is and always will be a lame joke that went too far

indeed.
>>
>>91318295
>>91317247
>>91316582
I'm willing to bet you've never read a damn thing about Squirrel Girl, much less the comics you're complaining about.
>>
>>91314110
>>91314534
Marvel being owned by Disney will bite them in the ass. General audiences of normies aren't gonna give many more fucks about random B and C listers. They've completely blown all the A listers they can use aside from a select few who they can't touch.

>She-Hulk
Literal fap bait. This would incur SocJus wrath like no other

>Namor
Aquaman association would be box office suicide

>everyone else
Literal who's that no one will give a fuck about. GoTG worked once and exactly once.

The only other heroes people want to see in movies are Blade, Punisher and Ghost Rider simply because Rule of Cool. And Disney is too pussywhipped to make decent adaptations of dark characters that would make a fuckload of money if done well

>inb4 DCEU shill
Not even close. They have the same problem, they blew thier wad on Doomsday and Darksied right off the bat. You can't top two of the biggest threats in the universe being dealt with in the first 2 fucking movies.
>>
>>91318910
>>Audiences don't care about random c and b listers
>>Ignoring that's what the Avengers were before the MCU.
>>
>>91314211
Nova
Sentry
Union Jack
Namor
Hercules
>>
>>91317137
Huh? All the Netflix shows are great (not sure about Iron Fist, haven't seen it yet). But yeah if they made MCU movies of those characters Diney might require PG-13 which would ruin Punisher and weaken or neuter most of the other street level characters. So probably better to keep them in their own separate niches and allow those shows to have more creative freedom, at least until Disney decides they're okay with R-rated Marvel stuff.
>>
>>91314211
Mother-fucking N.E.X.T.W.A.V.E Agents of H.A.T.E.
>>
>>91318992
>captain America a b-lister
>the hulk a b-lister
>nick fury (I'll give youthat but as soon as they cast Jackson it didn't matter)
>Thor (again, played by a hot Chad, no one cares if they don't know who Thor is at this point)
>Black Widow (ScarJo, seeing a pattern?)

MCU is like 90% just casting actors people want to see. That'll stop being novel very soon, especially seeing as how they're getting more work. Case in point: Chris Pratt blowing up after GoTG
>>
Nova.
>>
>>91314211
Ghost Rider: The Curse Of Johnny Blaze
Man Thing
Else Bloodstone
Morbius the Vampire
Blade
Morbius Vs Blade
Legion Of Monsters
>>
MCU makes a supervillain knockoff of Perlmutter when?
>Gem Grumbler? The Ivory Grunt?
>>
>>91319138
Johnny Blaze (not as Ghost Rider, with the hellfire shotgun)
Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch, let the TV shows keep using the new guy)
Werewolf By Night
Tomb of Dracula (have him fight Marvel heroes so it's not like all the other Dracula movies)
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (473KB, 1002x1510px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
473KB, 1002x1510px
why the fuck hasnt Marvel done anything with Captain Brittain yet? seems like a perfect oppertunity for a new franchise
>>
>>91319157
Funky Flashman>>91319138
>>
>>91319138
>>91319157
>we will never get to the Horror/Supernatural side of the MCU because Disney needs chinabucks
>>
>>91314499
that moment /pol/ meets /co/ also nice dubs
>>
>>91314110
>Ghost Rider
That was a one-off though, wasn't it? Or is he getting his own show?
>>
>>91319114
>MCU is like 90% just casting actors people want to see.
And this is a bad thing how? You dipshits try to make everything look bad.
>>
>>91319335
I assume Marvel can still do something with one of the other 2 Ghost Riders in the MCU if they want.
>>
>>91319215
Fox owns him.
>>
>>91319114
Before the Iron Man movie came out, if you walked up to a random guy on the street and said something about Iron Man they almost definitely would never have heard of him. All of these characters were nobodies to the non-comic reading Joe Public before the MCU. Sure everyone knows of the Hulk, partly because of the old show. But the rest of them were obscure to normies.
>>
>>91314211
Fantastic Four
>>
>>91319366
your kidding me right
>>
>>91319419
But iron man was still A list in the context of the comics. So when the movie and out and he blew up as a character, people looked him up and realized he was a big deal. That coupled with RDJs performance meant $$$. No one will care who Squirrel Girl is after her shit is out cause she's a background meme character in the source material. Not a founding avenger.
>>
>>91319482
Fox anon
>>
>>91319521
Nope, Fox has him and hasn't done shit with him.
>>
>>91319521

The way the rights deal was structured puts characters in whichever first appearance is owned by which company at the time.

The current rights deal is just an extension of a pre-existing deal before disney take over.
>>
>>91314211
>Stark
RDJ's rated R send off. The Avengers hate him,his waifu left him and the kid he tried mentoring is done with him. He spirals into alcoholism and depression. He puts on the suit one last time to deal with Malen, Mandarin,Crimson Dynamo,Titanium Man, take your pick
>Nova
Introduce us to Dick Rider
>The Vision
MCU's take on King's run
>Yellowjacket
Hank Pym comes out of retirement
>>
>>91318910
>You can't top two of the biggest threats in the universe being dealt with in the first 2 fucking movies.

Doomsday is not one of the top two biggest threats and we haven't even seen Darkseid
>>
>>91319622
>Crimson Dynamo

Already did him, sorta. Ivan Vanko is an amalgam of Backlash and Crimson Dynamo.
>>
>>91319537
>But iron man was still A list in the context of the comics

Nobody fucking reads comics. And people didn't start caring about Iron Man because they looked him up after the movie you delusional faggot
>>
>>91317137
All those shows take place in the MCU.
>>
>>91319658

lol
>>
I'd like thunderbolts but

1.They killed most of their villians so they don't have much to work with

2. I doubt Marvel wants to try a supervillian/antihero movie after Suicide Squad crashed and burned
>>
>>91319570
Just pray New Mutants success ushers in an Excalibur film in the future.
>>
>>91319658

Except they don't. The TVshows are produced by Marvel Entertainment, the MCU is produced by Marvel Studios. Anything that isn't made by Marvel Studios isn't part of the MCU. The TVshows are the Star Wars EU of the MCU. They stem from it, but are not canon to it.
>>
>>91319719
>after Suicide Squad crashed and burned

It made more than over 700mil without China anon. There's clearly a market for that sort of film. Marvel would be foolish to not attempt a "Suicide Squad done right" with Thunderbolts
>>
>>91319689
The Netflix shows mention the Avengers constantly. Just because the movies don't mention the shows doesn't mean they don't exist in the same universe.

In fact I like that then shows and movies are very loosely connected. The whole point of the shows is to show a side of the MCU that the movies can't most of the time.
>>
>>91319739
No they're in the MCU.
>>
>>91319739
>The TVshows are the Star Wars EU of the MCU

I was going to say they're more like Torchwood but they're actually less than that since Torchwood did actually appear in Doctor Who
>>
>>91314110
wait when were cloak and dagger used?
>>
>>91319765
They're going to be a show on Freeform.
>>
>>91319765
ABC is making a show for them.
>>
>>91319753

>The whole point of the shows is to show a side of the MCU that the movies can't most of the time.

The whole point of those shows is to make money off morons like you who think "It's all connected!"
>>
>>91319755

Sure they are. They just aren't made by the same people and the movies, you know, the real MCU, will never reference them
>>
>>91319753
>Just because the movies don't mention the shows doesn't mean they don't exist in the same universe.

Yes it does. And whatsmore, the netflix shows have been actively ignoring the existence of Spider-Man.
>>
File: rdj.png (597KB, 657x798px) Image search: [Google]
rdj.png
597KB, 657x798px
>>91319622
>RDJ's rated R send off. The Avengers hate him,his waifu left him and the kid he tried mentoring is done with him. He spirals into alcoholism and depression. He puts on the suit one last time to deal with Malen, Mandarin,Crimson Dynamo,Titanium Man, take your pick
I would like this idea but I'm kind of tired of the Stark suffering shtick. It was great in Civil War due to the context of it, but that film ended on a note that kind of makes any further downward spiral seem like a "We wanna be like Logan" rather than any logical progression of the character. besides, he hasn't personally done anything terrible enough to warrant oturight hatred; team Cap made a clear choice to be outlaws and it was either Stark or someone far less hesitant to kill one or two of them. Even Ultron was an oopsie born of what is essentially a mind rape (speaking of, people really try to downplay Wanda's involvement in that whole affair, don't they?)

If this was 616 Stark, I'd be all for another Demon in a Bottle due to how much of a prick he can be, but MCU Stark is still more or less trying his best to do good. I'd actually like to see things start going right for him again at some point soon; suffering arcs can get redundant after awhile.
>>
>>91319537
>But iron man was still A list in the context of the comics.
>>91318910
>General audiences of normies aren't gonna give many more fucks about random B and C listers.

What does general audience even have to do with your belief that Iron Man was A list in the context of the comics? Pick an argument and stick to you it you complete fuckup.
>>
>>91319801
Tell me one reason why the Avengers should ever reference Daredevil? Even in the comics it's out of place, but I'll put it like this, I haven't met RDJ does that mean we don't live in the same universe? No.
>>
>>91319801
It's all under the he Disney/Marvel umbrella; even if they're on different tiers.

AoS literally used footage from The avengers and winter soldier and ties with those films directly, and netflix constantly references the battle of New York and the avengers.

AoS was marketed as not only being a sequel series to the avengers but used the Tagline #ItsAllConnected.

It makes sense for the a-listers not to mention the street level Netflix heroes. That would be the equivalent of ScarJo talking about an amateur actor in the community theatre scene - sure they share a profession and similar skills but they're leagues apart.

So kill this "not canon" meme already.
>>
>>91314110
Reminder that the TV side supposedly also has Power Pack coming.

Supposedly it's John Ridley's secret Marvel project.

Also with Disney Channel rebranding to a more mature lineup (they have Andi Mack coming which features Teen Pregnancy and Raven's Home which features divorce) I'm half expecting something live action to land their eventually.
>>
>>91319846
They haven't, for one Spider-Man has only been around a few months in universe, and two there's no evidence that any of the series are chronologically near his introduction.
>>
>>91314623

>tell a normie in 2020 to care about fucking moon knight

>tell a normie in 2008 to care about fucking iron man

>tell a normie in 2011 to care about fucking captain america and thor

>tell a normie in 2014 to care about guardians of the galaxy

>tell a normie in 2016 to care about dr. strange
>>
>>91315966
Why do there need to be new heroes?
>>
>>91315037

they can when they are paired up with another character
>>
>>91316097
>Literally Who: The Movie
>>
>>91316350
There's Skrull in Agents of SHIELD
>>
i wonder why there isn't a marvel animated wing like dc has. i just want to see future foundation.

and i can't wait for the inevitable "council of reeds? what a fucking rip off of rick and morty"
>>
>>91319240
Make it all on Netflix, horror should be R rated anyway.
>>
>>91318910
Marvel Studios is now Pixar to normies. They can make a film on literally anything and it will sell. WB is in deeper shit because they blew their load with almost all their popular commodities.
>>
File: Jew vs Jew.png (195KB, 1853x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Jew vs Jew.png
195KB, 1853x1158px
>>91320084
>i wonder why there isn't a marvel animated wing like dc has.

That would require Ike to spend money.

>>91316365
Ike is terrible to work with.
>>
File: Ike Perlmutter Net Worth.png (204KB, 1400x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Ike Perlmutter Net Worth.png
204KB, 1400x1497px
>>91320188
>>
To hell with Feige.Marvel TV/Perlmutter has been overseeing some of the best storylines in recent years (Quake, SHIELD, NuHumans, Defenders, etc). The movies should collaborate with the TV more
>>
>>91320232
>People with money are willing to spend it when they don't have to, and on things that aren't for them
lol, ok.
>>
>>91320094
>Netflix
they could barely animate Ironfist, what makes you think they could do either Ghost Rider or Man Thing justice, GR looked decent in AOS but even then he barely appeared and it still drained their budget
>>
Damn....the MCU is fucked..

A Thunderstrike movie? hahaha
Alpha flight? thats probably Fox hahah
all the r-rated supernatural characters they'll never do? hahaha
>>
>>91314499
Because when Permulter tried to renegotiate Stan's deal that nets him a lifetime income to save on company expenses, Stan walked out of there with a better and more lucrative contract somehow.

He's not gonna kill someone he cleat has by the balls.
>>
>>91314673
Powerless/=/DCEU
Netflix /=/ Marvel Studios

You might as well compare Vixen with Agents of Shield. Iron Fist is more likely to be getting a second season than Powerless, even though the latter is a better show than the former. Iron Fist actually did better than Powerless because it isn't airing on a major broadcasting network, and thus isn't held to the same standards. Which is akin to the analogy I had made earlier. Similarly, BVS underperformed while Ant-Man exceeded expectations. Ant-Man still made less money than BVS, but was more successful from a budgetary and critical standpoint, while BVS came in as a disappointment to WB
>>
>>91314261
Ghost Rider already had /two/ movies.
>>
>>91320809

Perlmutter shouldn't get any credit for that. That's entirely Loeb and the TV guys.
>>
>>91314211
Nova Corps
Moon Knight
Thunderbolts
Hercules & Amadeus Cho
Vision & Scarlet Witch
Black Widow & Hawkeye
She-Hulk
Namor

Anything else seems like reaching
>>
>>91314110
>stolen
>Jessica Jones
>legacy Ghost Rider
big frickin' whoop

>Cannonball
I assume that's from Fox actually?
>>
>>91314338
Pretty sure PEtCG was a Nova for a bit though.
>>
>>91320045
Because nothing can stay popular forever if it comes in a constant stream. The MCU is about to be a decade old, and the trends will start to get boring. A franchise needs new elements introduced or else it becomes stale. If your franchise doesn't bring in one new element each film, then people feel like they are wasting their time.
>>
>>91318756
Oh, I read Squirrel Girl, and it's even worst than that.

"I'm the unbeatable FEMINIST Icon Squirrel Girl! I'm so quirky and silly and FEMINIST, fuck you Nice Guy scum! Now I'll team up with my future self to DOUBLE assert how I'm the strongest Marvel character ever!"
>>
>>91319719
Clearly you don't like Thunderbolts if you think that the MCU bolts have to be made up of villains from past MCU films.
>>
>>91322634
>FEMINIST
Yep you definitely didn't read it.
>>
I have meticulously poured through every suggestion in this thread for viable options, thinking with the mind of a movie executive like Feige for marketable characters

Here are the final results.

1. Thunderbolts
Suicide Squad did not steal too much shine from this concept. It could become a real anchor of the post-Thanos MCU especially if allowed to adapt Norman correctly.

2. She-Hulk
She'd work wonderfully in a team-ups, but solo films are a no-go due to lingering Hulk rights issues

3. Spider Woman
I would greenlight her as an comedy character. I wonder if Sony would get angry at the name however

4. Amadeus Cho
Asian representation is really wanted right now. But what will he do? Be Hulk? Be Iron Man? Just run around doing nerd shit?

5. Black Knight
Simple premise, simple character, unique look, swap out Cap's sword for a shield and cast a Chris then you're done.

6. Captain Britain
I do feel that as the MCU becomes more and more everpresent that there will be a need for ironic characters. Captain Britain could be that guy.

7. Midnight Sons/Nightstalkers/Whatever they call themselves (Blade, Man-Thing, Mobius, Ghost Rider, any supernatural character)
The main trepidation is that if DC does Justice League Dark first then it's a straight rip off

8. Sentry and Moon Knight
Brutal schizophrenic heroes do not make more "fun" movies though

9. The Nova Corps
Dick Ryder has a generic powerset since Captain Marvel will do the same shit. Green Lantern Corps is also the same shit but better. Also Annihilus is Fox so what's the point? If you really gotta do something then fuck it why not Nova Corps

10. Howard the Duck
MCU hasnt reached that post-ironic point yet.
>>
>>91324047
>4. Amadeus ChoAsian representation is really wanted right now. But what will he do? Be Hulk? Be Iron Man? Just run around doing nerd shit?

A super-genius nerdy kid trying to survive in the MCU without powers while avoiding SHIELD and whomever else wants to use his skills might be interesting.
>>
>>>91319960
>yfw Raven gets a "Scared Straight" episode with Uncle Eddie
>>
>>91324047
>1. Thunderbolts
Suicide Squad did not steal too much shine from this concept. It could become a real anchor of the post-Thanos MCU especially if allowed to adapt Norman correctly.

Fuck off with Norman Osborn. They already said there is no plan to introduce characters from the previous Spider-Man movies any time soon. Marvel let Zemo alive, so they must be planning to use the original Thunderbolts roster after Infinity War.
>>
>>91314211

Two-Gun Kid

Monsters Unleashed (Fin Fang Foom vs. Orgo or Googam or Mummex)

Invaders/Marvels Project

Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu

Killraven: War of the Worlds
>>
>>91319594
>The way the rights deal was structured puts characters in whichever first appearance is owned by which company at the time.
No it doesn't, otherwise Wolverine would be under the Hulk rights and Sabretooth would be under the Iron Fist rights.
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.