[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still like Rick and Morty, I've been watching it since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: neveragain.png (433KB, 812x620px) Image search: [Google]
neveragain.png
433KB, 812x620px
I still like Rick and Morty, I've been watching it since it first aired and I feel like season 2 was okay and the ending was good, but season 3 started off with ditching all that emotion given earlier, and it gave that season ending less meaning.

If similar scenarios like the one with Mr. Jelly Bean were made now, it would be probably played for laughs.
>>
>>91303521
you mean it wasn't?
>>
>>91303521
>If similar scenarios like the one with Mr. Jelly Bean were made now, it would be probably played for laughs.
Morty would get raped for real and Rick would say something like "yeah life's a bitch Morty we're all just born to die LUB A DUBB A DUB DUB NIHILISM LMAO"
>>
>>91303521
one episode in and you already know everything about it, okay
>>
>>91303611
I'm saying that the first episode wasn't the first best impression and it was more about Mulan Mcdonalds Sauce, and Rick didn't seem like himself, you'd think he'd seem more grateful or worried once he was out of that prison.

We're still gonna get scenes to be in contrast to all the "wacky lub a dubb" junk, but I feel like its gonna be much less common since its forming a large viewer base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z91-IgdO1Wk
>>
>>91303521
>If similar scenarios like the one with Mr. Jelly Bean were made now, it would be probably played for laughs.

I thought that scene WAS played for laughs
>>
>>91304379
>>91303569

it wasnt, cant really see how you thought that scene was funny
>>
Masterpiece of a show.
https://youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk
>>
Don't forget it's a fucking comedy show, not a drama. The Mr Jelly Bean thing only worked because it was arbitrary. but no solving a problem in a comedic manner in a comedy show isn't a bad thing.

I don't know why you'd think it's current direction would preclude them from doing a scene like this again if they wanted to. Scenes like this aren't even what make the show good, but i appreciate that they do unexpected shit like it
>>
>>91303569
>>91304379
I thought that people calling out autists on 4chan was a joke. Lo and behold
>>
>>91304419
Yeah, that was a very uncomfortable and very real portrayal of rape...
>>
I have mixed feeling about this show.
Its like this super-amazing show, but you only get to see the worst episodes.
The season 3 premiere is the only one worth a rewatch as of right now.
>>
>>91305221
Which is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable.

Discomfort and discontinuity are the most primal mechanisms of humour.

I find with most people their reaction plays out like this:

>Stage one: Oh haha a rape joke! I laugh at rape jokes, especially when it's men getting raped. I see jokes like these on shows like family guy and south park.

>Stage two: Wait, this is brutal and realistic and it's making me feel uncomfortable. Rape is actually really bad, and I feel bad about laughing initially.

>Stage three: I guess they were fucking with me. Jokes on me. Haha - I guess :-(

>Stage Four: Well I laughed, was made uncomfortable, was forced to think about something I wouldn't normally think about and I probably learned something today. I guess rape isn't really a laughing matter, even when it happens to males.

The best kind of satire actually attacks the audience on some level, and fucks with their assumptions and reactions. The trouble is, people who consume a lot of satire and comedy sometimes end up with warped reactions, so you have to take your jokes and go a couple levels deeper.
>>
Hey guys, can you take your /co/ people that spill into /tv/ back to /co/ ? Nobody wants Rick and morty threads on /tv/, thanks
>>
>>91305221
Committed by a cartoon jellybean voiced by Tom Kenny
>>
>>91305221
>>91304419
It was funny because it wa a giant jelly bean
>>
>Ending was good
That's exactly why I stopped watching this shit show
>>
>>91303521
> they could never get away with that today
mmm, false exceptionalism
>>
>>91305550
not really, it was funny when the giant jelly bean was shot and exploded though, especially after establishing him as a rapist
>>
>>91303521
It didn't really feel like this episode was supposed to be funny. I think they were really trying to paint rick as the monster he is
>>
>>91305479
Unfortunately those people who are spilling rick and morty garbage over into /tv/ are just shitposters who dont even like the show
>>
The season 3 episode we saw is actually the season finale. The rest of the season will be actual shit dealing with all the storylines they set up at the end of 2.

Calling it.
>>
>>91303521
R&S is a complete tease of a show. Almost every episode does this thing where we think Rick is going to reveal more about himself and maybe get some development as a character, but instead it's a bait and switch and he just screams a catchphrase or breaks the fourth wall or otherwise regresses.

And we're supposed to think it's brilliant because "LOL HE KNOWS IT'S DUMB! IT'S OKAY FOR A SHOW TO BE STUPID IF IT SAYS IT'S BEING STUPID!" The season 3 premiere is just the latest example of that.

R&S hit flanderization point at amazing speeds. There are only 22 episodes and yet it already has that Simpsons season 12 "we're out of ideas but the network isn't out of money" vibe to it.
>>
>>91306645
We're supposed to think it's brilliant? Dude I'm just watching a dumb show for fun, if serious moments happen then they happen, if they dont then it's no issue to me
>>
>>91303521
The season ending was pretty forced like all other drama during that season. I like they went back to jokes.
>>
>>91303521
It was played for laughs. Uncomfortable laughs.
>>
>>91303521
The jelly bean scene was for laughs, though. I was pretty shocked at first because it just kept going, then the absurdity of the whole situation got me - it's a fucking talking jelly bean trying to rape someone in a bathroom.

>>91306679
That's how you should watch this show. I don't get why people are look for some deep characterization and theories from this show. Watch it, have a couple laughs and do the same the next week.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.