[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li ve-feed/squirrel-girl-tv

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/squirrel-girl-tv-series-freeform-orders-marvels-new-warriors-991277

Long story short: New Warriors getting 10 episodes on Freeform. 6 member cast, but we don't know who they are cause SQUIRREL GIRL SQUIRREL GIRL SQUIRREL GIRL SQUIRREL GIRL SQUIRREL GIRL SQUIRREL GIRL
>>
>>91295614
this art kinda sucks
>>
>>91295614
>we don't know who they are
The rumors about the New Warriors cast was:
>Justice
>Speedball
>Rage
>Night Thrasher
>Squirrel Girl
>Ms. Marvel
Since 6 characters is confirmed, it being those 6 seems pretty likely. The only one that seems iffy is Ms. Marvel since if she was going to be one of them, they'd probably be hyping her up as much as Doreen.
>>
>>91295614
>Freeform
FUUUUUUUUCK YOU!
>>
>>91295664
It was never going to be a good show, might as well put it on a shit channel that no one watches. I wonder if it will cross over with the Cloak and Dagger show that's also going to air on freeform.
>>
>>91295635
Rember, it's an Eisner Award nominee.
>>
>We live in a world where Squirrel Girl gets a live-action addition before Sentry
>>
File: 3860280-new+warriors.jpg (734KB, 1988x1968px) Image search: [Google]
3860280-new+warriors.jpg
734KB, 1988x1968px
a new warrior cartoon without these guys?
at least speedball and justice is in
>>
>>91295614
Is SG gonna be Lena Dunham?

I bet it's gonna be Lena Dunham.
>>
>>91295659
Hopefully we get Firestar in there somewhere. Would prefer her to Ms Marvel.
>>
File: we dont need eyes here.gif (250KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
we dont need eyes here.gif
250KB, 635x457px
>>91295614
>>91295635

serious props to the dude that made this gif
>>
>>91295871
Man of Steel kind of already did edgy Superman.
Sentry would be redundant.
>>
File: rNTWZ6O.jpg (211KB, 1200x1458px) Image search: [Google]
rNTWZ6O.jpg
211KB, 1200x1458px
She better be played by the likes of January Jones or Anna Kendrick. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to find a big-toothed actress.
>>
>>91295659
Marvel hasn't Namorita and Firestar movie rights, isn't it?
>>
>>91295871
We'll get there eventually. They're just using up all Marvel content.
>>
>>91295871
>before Sentry
>wanting a Sentry movie/show of any kind

That's some abysmal taste, anon. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
I hope the other characters are Hulkling, Wiccan, Kate Bishop and America Chavez. Contain that shit.
>>
>>91298412
>wanting a Young Avengers show
>Using the title New Warriors

Uhh... anon? Do you even know who the "New Warriors" are? They don't include Squirrel Girl, that's for sure.
>>
This is messed up. SG belongs in the Great Lakes Avengers. She was never even on the New Warriors.
>>
>>91296292
....I hope it does now
>>
>>91295987
Why would any of those losers, other then Justice and Speedball, be on a NW cartoon?
>>
>>91295659
>Ms. Marvel in New Warriors Netflix
>when she said "The New Warriors are... a team"
>SYNERGY might as well shove her in that
please god make it happen
>>
>>91298441
Yes, but this means they won't affect the movies.
>>
>>91298254
Supposedly they have Namor's rights back so they should have Namorita's as well. Fox doesn't have the rights to every mutant character, there are a lot that marvel still retains the rights to.
>>
>>91298773
>cartoon
Its live action, anon.
>>
>>91298596
I wouldn't be surprised if tit turned out that this was actually an great lakes avengers show under a different name, like how the defenders is actually a heroes for hire show.
>>
>>91298846
It says cartoon in that post, >>91295987
>>
>>91298909
That anon is wrong, too. Its a live action half hour comedy called New Warriors.
>>
>>91295871
>>We live in a world where Squirrel Girl gets a live-action addition before Sentry
Huh. When you put it like that, maybe the world isn't so bad after all.
>>
>No Namorita because we dont know anything about Namor
>No Sam/Ryder cuz that is space
>No justice because mutant

If anything they will end up using sun girl, the inhuman kid from Kyle run and Speedball
>>
>>91298968
Hopefully they just make Justice a mutate, like Cloak and Dagger.
>>
>>91295635
>kinda
>>
File: 1446068931508.jpg (212KB, 400x627px) Image search: [Google]
1446068931508.jpg
212KB, 400x627px
>>91295614
THIS CALLS FOR CELEBRATION
Anybody storytimed her OGN yet? S'been on my to-do list.
>>
>>91295635
I have a classmate who looks just like Squirrel Girl. Only difference is she has an undercut with maroon red hair. She even has the same "quirky" personality.
>>
File: squirrel slaiyer.jpg (50KB, 445x381px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel slaiyer.jpg
50KB, 445x381px
>>91295635
'Kinda'.
>>
>>91296571
I'd love Firestar but her rights are probably in limbo or something since she's a mutant and animating her powers every week would get expensive.
>>
>>91295659
>Ms marvel in tv limbo 5 eternity
pls no
>>
Oh goody, I still like Squirrel Girl
>>
>>91295830
>I wonder if it will cross over with the Cloak and Dagger show that's also going to air on freeform.
Throw in Runaways from Hulu too, call it Avengers Arena,
>>
File: unreadable squirrel girl.jpg (241KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
unreadable squirrel girl.jpg
241KB, 900x1366px
>>91295635
>kinda
What's that? You enjoy real backgrounds and not just flat pastel colors?
Sorry bud, comics aren't made for you any more.
>>
>>91302206
>one comic represents the entire industry
>>
>>91302246
Nobody specifically said that but since you brought it up, yes. It's an industry-wide problem.
>>
>>91295659
>No Nova

Awww yeah possible but-I-won't-hold-my-breath-for-it upcoming Nova MCU movie!
>>
>>91295871
Are you alright?
I'm one of Sentry's biggest cocksuckers but this isn't the slightest bit surprising. He's pretty obscure in the grand scheme of things. SG's been around longer and has a better pedigree, I'd argue she's the bigger deal.
Not to mention to do Sentry justice it'd have to be a one-and-done. He's got like one story to tell, there ain't franchise potential. Execs will make trilogies for Z-listers like Stingray & Silverclaw before Sentry, since they'd be so easy to build on.
>>
>>91302424
I'm holding out for GotG3 personally.
Star-Lord passes him the torch of token Normie in Space.
>>
>>91302206
Backgrounds have a place, even golden age artists didn't draw backgrounds every panel, this is something in every single comic industry across the world and has been around forever.
>>
>>91302091
>and animating her powers every week would get expensive.

After Ghost Rider's arc in AoS, this is no longer a valid argument.
>>
>>91302160
>being this much of a faggot
>>
Comicbook fans that put Squirrel Girl on a pedestal because a few comedy fights are to blame for her being assimilated by SJW crowd.
>>
File: unreadable.jpg (185KB, 701x739px) Image search: [Google]
unreadable.jpg
185KB, 701x739px
>>91302531
You're right, apart from that the comic is amazing in every single aspect.
>>
>they reveal the actual cast
>squirrel girl is played by someone that's actually cute
>tumblr freaks out
>comic artist freaks out

I can't wait
>>
You ever thing Marvel is blowing through too much material?
>>
>>91302091
Fox doesn't have the rights to ever mutant, they don't even have the rights to every x-man.
>>
>>91303113
They're trying to get as many IPs out there as they can before they tank their comics division.
>>
>>91302531
Golden age artists were also working with far more primitive printing technology.
>>
>>91303113
Their stories are pretty far from being adaptations of the comics in the first place, the only thing they're guaranteed to share is characters. As this goes on longer, Marvel Studios will just aim for completely original screenplays with the same characters. They don't retain screenwriters the way they retain actors and directors, and they move screen writers around to different projects (Markus/Mcfeely moving with the Russos, Nicole Perlman moving from GotG to co-write Captain Marvel, etc).

Most marvel movies are sequels or franchises at this point, which can be sustained indefinitely on original stories, so if they launch 1-2 heroes per phase in the films, they can sustain this for a while.
>>
>>91302744
When did I say the comic is amazing? I'm pointing out how stupid a complaint it is that she doesn't use backgrounds all the time, every comic artist does it for either time or stylistic reasons with this person being most definitely the former
>>
I like that we went from complaining about comic books being backdoor movie pitches to now comics being backdoor pilots for tv shows.

It's like, why even make a show about superheroes when you don't have the budget to create the fantastical or sci-fi elements of it? Sorry to jump ahead, but SG isn't a "grounded" world like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. It's the most cartoony thing Marvel ever put out.
>>
>>91302206
The hell is wrong with that guy's face?
>>
File: 1260712-great_lakes_initiative.jpg (91KB, 468x705px) Image search: [Google]
1260712-great_lakes_initiative.jpg
91KB, 468x705px
>>91295614
>no GLA tv show
>>
>>91304593
>guy
Second panel, first word.

Also she's pretty bogpilled.
>>
>>91304593
Some men are just born ugly, anon.
And some of those men decide to pretend they are women.
>>
>>91302206
I never bothered reading a page from this before.

Is this just one of those glorified fanfics written by people who just so happen to be in comic industry, because these characters reek of self insert.
>>
>>91295614
Why does Marvel think selling shit with the piece of shit for artstyle is good?
>>
>>91302206
>Alt text below the page
It really is a webcomic isn't it?
>>
so what's the big deal about this character anyway?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.