[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There has never been more wasted potential in a western cartoon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 36

File: latest-3.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
latest-3.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
There has never been more wasted potential in a western cartoon. GOAT music, dialogue, lore, and set design all ruined by terrible airing/hiatus, petty writer squables and dumb Tumblr-tier writing. Prove me wrong.

Protip: you cant
>>
File: jasper is anger.png (424KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jasper is anger.png
424KB, 1280x720px
>>91294378
There's literally already three other SU bait threads calling the show shit in the OP you dumb faggot, go to trash where you belong.
>>
File: steven_universe.jpg (124KB, 800x964px) Image search: [Google]
steven_universe.jpg
124KB, 800x964px
GOAT music:
80% of the people singing are terrible at singing I honestly have no idea why /co/ defends this. I love the instrumentals though.
Dialogue:
It can be funny, but there is a lot of melodrama. Crying in this show can give Zatch Bell a run for it's money. Greg's dialogue is great all the time though.
Lore:
I highly agree that this shit is getting wasted. Still eagerly await to see how things go.
Set design:
I like it.

What's this about writer squabbles though?
>>
How can the dialogue and lore be GOAT if the writing is bad?
Like 40% of the writing IS the dialogue and lore
>>
>>91294378
"Wasted potential" is such a nothing phrase.
>>
>>91294430
Music isnt just the fucking musicals Karen
https://youtu.be/ocpJOripaVk
>>
>>91294378
The Legend of Korra exists.
>>
>>91294378
Misadventures of FlapJack. Maybe it was niche, but the story was so alluring.
>>
>>91294450

Like I said. I like the instrumentals.

Some of the singers suck eggs.
>>
>>91294450
>I love the instrumentals though.
>>
>>91294430
>>91294450
Honestly I wonder how much of chiptune relies on nostalgia and how much is genuinely good music. Will people still give a shit about this once no one alive remembers midi files and 8 bit videogames?
>>
>>91294525
This isnt chiptune.

https://youtu.be/UlhOusGdMVA
>>
>>91294525

That's a good question. The chiptune scene in America and Japan are at very odd places in life.

However, I think there's a big difference in how pure chiptune music and music incorporating 8bit sounds will age.
8/16 bit music by itself will more than likely age much better than piano accompanied by it.
>>
>>91294537
No, but it sounds like vidya nonetheless. Could have come straight from a Kingdom Hearts soundtrack.

That said, they do a really good job of tying music styles/instruments to characters and fusing them as the situation calls for.
>>
>>91294537
Why does that meme keep going, anyway? I thought chiptune peaked years ago. It should be easy to define and identify now. Or is this spillover from people who watched AT?
>>
>>91294537
There is a bit at 1:40 though
>>
>>91294581
Well I meam, Steven Universe is largely video game inspired. The character design, monsters, etc. have that dreamy nintendo feel to them.
>>
>>91294581
KH was mostly generic subdued scores when it wasn't directly riffing on the soundtrack of a Disney film. Except for Space Paranoids and the other Tron world, I guess.
>>
>>91294618
Steven himself is represented by chiptunes, Garnet is synth bass and drum, Amethyst is drumkit and rave (almost euro sometimes), Pearl is Jazz piano. Greg is guitar and sometimes chiptune aswell. Its a prettt cool motif.
>>
>>91294450

All the singing is garbage.

The instrumentals can be pretty good at times.
I hate Smokey Quartz as a fusion but I love it's theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-e_lODlDuc
>>
>>91294449
Up there with "overrated" and "has a shitty fanbase".
>>
>>91294378
Ben 10, well, at least the latter series, the original was decent, could've been better, but still decent.
>>
Funny thing is when I watched the show with the expectation of the music it being good, and read the lyrics of the song, I was extremely disappointed.
I could barely remember any song's lyrics except for snippets of the refrain. The Intrsumentals while 'experimental' didn't really stick with me at all. I can't remember a single one.

Now I know a song being catchy doesn't make it good but I think it means something when the music doesn't make much of an lasting impression. Some songs don't even feel like songs at all.>>91294378

Honestly the way I read the lyrics in my head sounded and the way I thought the songs were going to be sung was more impactful than what I actually saw.
>>
File: 1491000549336.png (581KB, 1400x2294px) Image search: [Google]
1491000549336.png
581KB, 1400x2294px
>>
>>91294378
I find it odd how people are just now realizing that this show is going absolutely nowhere 4 seasons in. It was obvious for a while the show is inherently flawed, yet it seemed like people ignored it until now. I'm not even talking about /co/ exclusively, I'm seeing people all over the place that are getting sick of this shit, even Tumblr is pointing this out. Is this just Adventure Time all over again where one really bad episode is enough for everyone to simultaneously drop it at once due to fatigue building up over time?
>>
>>91295330
I think back then we knew it was flawed, but it didn't praise it. They couldn't make everything perfect so they tried their damn hardest to make it as good as possible.

But know they're purposely exploiting their own flaws for lazy writing, bad animation, and they won't move the damn plot anywhere.
>>
>>91295330
>4 seasons in
Well technicality what we have now wasn't even supposed to be 4 seasons….Wasn't it originally 2 seasons chopped into 4 for some weird reason?
>>
>>91294460
This. Even if other shows are (marginally) worse, no cartoon in existence has ever squandered that much potential.
>>
>>91294378
Hero 108
>Amazing unique and creative designs
>Good ideas for characters and kings
>Lore was interesting
>Writing was horrible
>>
File: knyk.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
knyk.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>91294474
MoF is a masterpiece.
>>
>>91295330
I'll skipped the filler but stopped altogether when they killed Jasper. How the show is still going with no antagonist is beyond me.

At least AT went on Adventures. If they used the SU formula every episode would be in the candy kingdom city or the tree house and dealing with Finn's emotional problems.
>>
>>91295389
>weird reason
$$$
>>
Only Jasper's proper return may save this show at this point.
>>
>>91295476
What so Pearl can have a power jump and defeat her too?
>>
>>91294417
Wait you're saying bait threads should go away or that SU threads should go away?
>>
>>91295517
>Steven is a clutz and accidentally frees Jasper
>Jasper is gasping for breath and shocked to find Steven there staring at her scared
>remembers that the kid is a retard with autisticly high empathy
>tricks him into healing her corruption
>she punches him in the face and sprints out of the temple
>runs into Pearl alone on the beach
>Pearl fights and defeats her
>rebubbled
>Steven lets her free again later
>punched in the face again as she runs out
>this time beaten by Connie
>same shit happens a third time as she is running for her life trying to get out of beach city
>this time she's defeated by Greg
>Steven lets her out again to see if she is sad
>Jasper loses it, can't take anymore bullshit
>shatteres her own fucking gem
>>
>>91294378
Not trying to argue what you're saying.

But Gravity Falls had a lot of missed potential.
>>
Fuck off with you garbage show
>>
>>91294378
Appoint for me something that for you isn't wasted potential, Anon

Protip: you cant
>>
>>91294525
I have midi ringtones on my phone. I carefully transfer them each time I get a new one. Some of those are original files from old Siemens S55 and less old Nokia 6030
>>
>>91295924
It wouldn't have been so bad if season 2 had less stupid filler episodes
>>
>>91294378
We just had this thread yesterday.
>>
>>91295375
>But know they're purposely exploiting their own flaws for lazy writing, bad animation
>>
>>91295425
>How the show is still going with no antagonist is beyond me.
Technically, the Diamonds serve as the antagonist.
We still haven't seen White Diamond.
>>
>>91295425
>. If they used the SU formula every episode would be in the candy kingdom city or the tree house and dealing with Finn's emotional problems.
Wasn't that actually AT for a while?
>>
At least SU hasn't ended.

Gravity Falls still holds the title of "Missing potential: The animation"
>>
>>91296805
IDK I'm sure there's others who could hold that title.
I mean it was a rushed ending, but at least it got some kinda ending.

More than say Silver Surfer or 10s Thundercats got.
>>
The music in this show is not GOAT. Stop.
>>
>>91297667
No
>>
>>91296706
>the ultimate antagonist is going to be WHITE diamond

I should have seen this coming.
>>
>>91297730
The main character is white.
>>
>>91296753
Yep and it wasn't even this bad. Kind of amazing actually.
>>
>>91297751
He's literally a race mixed child.

Oh shit I just realized him having mental instability is hilarious
>>
>>91297754
Agree to disagree.
>>
>>91297791
I hate that bullshit phrase.
>>
>>91297730
>>91297783
Wait a minute...
>Greg, a white man, is depicted as a loving and parent
>The Maheswarans, Indians, are depicted as strict and no fun parents
>>
>>91297808
Why?
It just means "I may not agree with your opinion but that's alright."
>>
>>91297857
Because there's no reason to say that. The fuck are you agreeing to? You are agreeing that you are disagreeing with me?
>>
>>91297888
Jesus, don't overthink it.
>>
>>91294417
this
thing is,it always works.it always fucking works.
the samurai jack ones where fucking pathetic and i can count with one hand the rick and morty bait threads that worked.
SU works every fucking time.Calm your tits /co/
>>
File: tumblr_olea5uwMgz1sd1xkuo1_500.png (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olea5uwMgz1sd1xkuo1_500.png
111KB, 500x500px
>>91294378
>mentions wasted potential
>posts pic of the best character whos return will save the show
ok
>>
>>91294378
I'd agree with everything but the lore.

It's fairly clear to me that Sugar wrote the beginning, maybe some notes on the middle, but has no fucking idea about a concrete middle and ending. Hence we are stuck in this endless character introspection which is going nowhere.

You can see this very clearly in the lore, it started out as one of the best show's I've seen in regards to lore and foreshadowing. An actual theory community sprung up around guessing what X meant and Y could imply for the future. That's just dead on the show now. Hell they even make jokes or occasional references to how dumped down its all become.

Fuck this is so much missed potential.
>>
>>91298099
>Fuck this is so much missed potential.
Because of muh lore?
>>
>>91295330
Season 4 end/S5 beginning is going to be the final straw for alot of people I think. Certainly is for me.
>>
>>91298137
For me it was, yeh. That was a big reason why I liked it. There are other reasons but that one sticks out to me as 'properly fucking dead' in the show currently.
>>
>>91298099
>That's just dead on the show now. Hell they even make jokes or occasional references to how dumped down its all become.
Wasn't there like tidbits in Lion 4?
>>
>>91296592
Really? I actually didn't mind Gravity Fall's filler that much. The only time I dislike filler is when it's oddly placed in arcs and takes you out of the main story line *cough* Steven Universe *cough*

My biggest problems were lack of character development and the ending.
>>
>>91298161
>There are other reasons but that one sticks out to me as 'properly fucking dead' in the show currently.
It really isn't all that dead.
>>
>>91298185
>The only time I dislike filler is when it's oddly placed in arcs and takes you out of the main story line
Roadside Attraction.
>>
>>91298185
Gravity's falls big let down was it's payoff. Namely, it didn't have much and the ending was very tame. It was okay but no where near the expectations everyone had.

>>91298173
Yeah that was more interesting but compared to the earlier stuff, nowhere close.

>>91298195
I think it is. Because it's clear that the writings changed and they just don't have the time to get that stuff in anymore. And this show's strengths do not lie in its abilities for spontaneity or surprises.
>>
>>91298185
>*cough* Steven Universe *cough*
Cringy.
>>
File: 1449390904582.jpg (57KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
1449390904582.jpg
57KB, 960x949px
>>91298210
>Roadside Attraction.
We don't say that name here, this is a safe place.

>>91298234
>Stan gives up his memory to "kill" Cipher
>lol I'm actually okay!

Why do writers do this.

>>91298236
y-you to
>>
>>91294378
change the goddamn record already
>>
>>91298273
I'm looking forward to what's in store for the potential Steven Bomb.
>>
>>91298138
People have been saying that since Season 2.
>>
>>91298173
I missed them if there were. Like what? I know we've got what is presumably Pink Diamond's ship but aside from that all we got it "Lion is mysterious" which we knew and that the chest still exists, which we knew.
>>
>>91298336
Mostly the ship and the dump, which will probably both play a bigger part later on in the show.
Sidenote, we finally found out where that crystal lizard came from.
>>
>>91298099
>It's fairly clear to me that Sugar wrote the beginning, maybe some notes on the middle, but has no fucking idea about a concrete middle and ending.

I feel like this is an inevitability for shows anymore. They always start with a good premise, get people to watch for a few season, go off the rails (because it was unfinished work from the beginning and hiring writers will magically fix the fact that they have nothing to work with halfway through and have to literally finish your story for you) and get prematurely cancelled.

It's not just cartoons either, this happens with everything. It's always, ALWAYS half-assed.
>>
>>91298322
What's changed is that alot of the set up from S2 has come about, but the setups from S1 and S3 haven't.

I mean look at this:
https://youtu.be/Ip1eVBs7hC4?t=156

Very clear antagonists, strong story direction. These things have just evaporated and nothings taken their place.

Frankly its becoming annoying, they still haven't answered basic questions. If S4 is another 'look into the sunset being hopeful with Chitune music playing' well.

>>91298372
I would expect what you said to be true of things from new writers, or new teams. But Sugar actually has experience, she should have known better.
>>
>>91298419
>But Sugar actually has experience, she should have known better.
For taking AT off the rails.
She's mostly known for working on other people's stuff and comics.
Not sure how that translates into showrunning.
>>
>>91298419
Your evidence is nothing more than a music video.
>>
>>91298419
There's still clear antagonists in SU.
The story's direction is taking some weird turns though.
>>
>>91298419
>But Sugar actually has experience, she should have known better.

On Adventure Time? Because she was working with Pen when he was doing the same thing, letting his tumblr gf write his episodes for him.
>>
>>91298419
> If S4 is another 'look into the sunset being hopeful with Chitune music playing' well.
You'll still come back.
>>
>>91298485
Look at the timecode of the video and put two and two together please, you cretin.

>>91298551
>>91298463
Fair point.

>>91298516
I would dispute this. Homeworld isn't coming to get Earth, the diamonds have been shown to be veryyy lackluster. I would say I'm actually disappointed, but we haven't seen enough of them to really pass judgement. Yet.

But the earlier sense of danger of SU is gone. It doesn't help that we are currently stuck in endless non-plot related episodes which only amplify this. It all adds up to S4 feeling directionless.
>>
>>91298577
>Look at the timecode of the video and put two and two together please, you cretin.
Again, it's just the fucking intro but extended.
If you want actual evidence of clear antagonists and story direction, use examples from the actual show.
>>
>>91298574
Have you seen how many people dropped AT? People will drop shows if there displeased.
>>
>>91298577
>I would dispute this. Homeworld isn't coming to get Earth, the diamonds have been shown to be veryyy lackluster. I would say I'm actually disappointed, but we haven't seen enough of them to really pass judgement. Yet.
The last of the bomb ends with YD making plans on heading to earth. Maybe to recruit more zoo mates.
But the earlier sense of danger of SU is gone. It doesn't help that we are currently stuck in endless non-plot related episodes which only amplify this. It all adds up to S4 feeling directionless.
In addition to the above, we also got Navy hijacking the ship and heading straight for Homeworld.
>>
>>91298643
>People will drop shows if there displeased.

Not this one. The shock still hasn't sunk in, at how much potential was wasted. It's like we're still crying over the corpse of our dead child after a week.
>>
>>91298643
>>91298668
Plus people came right back to AT when it "got gud."
All SU needs is one good bomb to be in everyone's good graces again.
It worked last time.
>>
>>91298661
Those are both true.

However the sense of consequence is just non-existent. We don't think 'OH SHIT Navy's going to bring back the homeworld fleet!', because we have 20 townie/non-plot episodes to get through first. Prime example of pacing destroying tension.
>>
File: ppg-dance.gif (1MB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
ppg-dance.gif
1MB, 540x301px
I honestly believe this show would have had a better shot at success if it'd been on Disney, or hell, maybe even Nickelodeon. I don't know what it is about CN that drives them to put all their shows that aren't primarily comedies in the bad scheduling chokehold, but I don't think anyone's suffered more for it than Steven Universe (well, maybe GL:TAS did). This is a show that already has some fairly severe pacing issues- being throttled by the network is all but killing it.
>>
>>91294378
When all these SU threads blow up to hundreds of posts.

I just want the damn show to end at this point.

>>91298668
>It's like we're still crying over the corpse of our dead child after a week.

Imo it's more like looking at a famous person in a vegetative state and waiting for their family to decide whether or not to pull the plug.
>>
>>91294631
Fuck you.
https://youtu.be/RSn23ReXfyQ
>>
>>91298775
>Imo it's more like looking at a famous person in a vegetative state and waiting for their family to decide whether or not to pull the plug.

Yeah, either way I'm not going to get my hopes up. I like to finish shows I started, but it always just goes down the same way.
>>
>>91298736
We don't think 'OH SHIT Navy's going to bring back the homeworld fleet!', because we have 20 townie/non-plot episodes to get through first.
The next episode wasn't even a townie episode.
Plus there's only five episodes left in S4.
>>
>>91298766
SU, with all it's sexual themes, shouldn't have been geared to an audience that was younger than the AT audience. I think that turns a lot of people off, I mean look what the UK tried to pull.
>>
I wish Rebecca could say something. I want to know how she feels about the show and the fan response.
>>
>>91298766
Censorship would also be a big factor in which channel SU would end up on; would they still explore the same themes that they normally would?
>>
>>91298874
Same difference if the spacing is months apart.

>>91298877
Literally nothing she could say would do any good. At all.
>>
>>91298577
I wouldn't say that it's directionless; more like it's going in a different direction, for better or for worse.
>>
>>91298933
>Literally nothing she could say would do any good. At all.
How so? Shouldn't creators be allowed to share their opinion.
>>
>>91298736
Now hear me out here; what if this is just some quiet before the storm?
We have all these characters wrapping up their personal issues and becoming better people when Homeworld shows up and fucks everything up.
The peace we've been lulled into has been wrecked and now the characters have more motivation to fight.
>>
>>91298875
Scratch that, I don't have any problems with the Wakfu series, and that's far more risque - it's the awkward portrayal of domestic abuse and themes centered around the social justice movement like rape, cultural tolerance, etc. It's hamfisted and goes way over kids' heads and it politicizes the entire thing.

I just want gem lore.
>>
>>91299017
That would be great id rethink alot of episodes if that was the case. But it ain't gonna happen.
>>
File: 1490055703236.png (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490055703236.png
57KB, 800x600px
>>91299017
>Now hear me out here; what if this is just some quiet before the storm?

It's not that, though. I'm not saying it won't necessarily get better, but this just isn't the case.
>>
>>91298965
True but whatever she said would be polarizing and would help no-one. What's she going to say? Apologize? I don't think so.

>>91299017
That would be great.

It won't happen.
>>
>>91299031
1. How is rape a social justice movement?
2. When has SU ever touched on cultural tolerance.
>>
File: 1447612240282.jpg (386KB, 700x684px) Image search: [Google]
1447612240282.jpg
386KB, 700x684px
>>91299273
You're a real jokester, huh.
>>
Do people just see SU as an obligation at this point?
>>
>>91299304
Not really.
>>
>>91299046
>>91299057
>>91299059
>all this positivity
In all seriousness, I wouldn't put it past them; the episode before Jail Break was Political Power for Christ's sake.
Plus, Sugar said in interviews how season 5 would kick things up a notch.

Or would you rather stew in your own negativity?
>>
>>91299309
I do. If I start a series I like to finish it. Not to say I haven't dropped things before but I make an effort to see the end of shows/comics.
>>
>>91299309
At this point people just want to see how it all plays out. The finale will ultimately decide if the show is a 5/10 or a 7/10.
>>
>>91299330
>Or would you rather stew in your own negativity?

I'm just not gonna get my hopes up. That's not exactly the same thing. I'm not one of the anons that said "It won't happen."
>>
>>91299337
Shouldn't read or watch something for the fun of it, not because you "have" to?
That would make things more like a chore.
>>
>>91299330
> before Jail Break was Political Power

That was whole different era in my book. This show isn't that show anymore. Also you asked the question so idk what response you were looking for. The might turn around yes, but im not going to pretend things arent bad and get hype when the shows been a let down for so long.
>>
>>91299367
>That would make things more like a chore.

Yeah, tv is getting so bad, it's getting to the point where people are just going to start reading again. So there is a silver lining.
>>
>>91299330
I'd be so down for shit to just kick up a notch or seven.
>>
>>91299360
I can get not getting your hopes.
But it just seems people are shitting on things for the sake of it.
>>
>>91299386
>That was whole different era in my book. This show isn't that show anymore
Bullshit. This isn't the Simpsons where there's a golden era and shit.
>>
>>91299407
Not really, it seems like people are calming down with the hate and taking a more level headed approach.

People can only be expected to invest so much in a show before they get tired of disappointment. Nobody would be saying these things if the show was pure shit through and through.
>>
>>91299386
>but im not going to pretend things arent bad
Trust me, it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
>get hype when the shows been a let down for so long
So just drop it. Why keep watching and come to the boards to say how disappointed you are.
>>
>>91299431
>you'll eat from your trough and you'll like it, goy piggu
>>
File: 1487730952225.jpg (41KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487730952225.jpg
41KB, 960x720px
>>91294378
>tumblr universe
>potential
>>
>>91297992
It works, because a lot of the pissed off posters liked the show once and are disappointed as well.
>>
>>91299450
>People can only be expected to invest so much in a show before they get tired of disappointment.
This is what ultimately kills it; people expect a space opera but SU just isn't having it.
>>
>>91299470
>Why keep watching and come to the boards to say how disappointed you are.

Because this isn't a hugbox and people are allowed to criticize things they don't like about otherwise enjoyable shows. Especially when there are so many things that keep it from being enjoyable.

Or do you expect people to just lower their standards so you can feel better about not having any?
>>
>>91299474
Literally what?
Season 1b was basically a sign of things to come.
>>
>>91299470
Because I want to see how its ends. And I enjoy discussing the shows good parts and flaws. This thread just happens to be one were the discussion is the flaws. When theirs a thread talking about the good stuff you'll find me there as well.
>>
>>91299510
>Because this isn't a hugbox and people are allowed to criticize things they don't like about otherwise enjoyable shows. Especially when there are so many things that keep it from being enjoyable.
So basically, things are either a hugbox or an anti circle jerk? Because that's what these threads have become; same reactions, same gripes and no solution to it. After a while, it gets boring.

I mean I was disappointed in GF's finale but I didn't participate in the whole "Hirsch is a hack" parade.
>>
>>91299510
>Or do you expect people to just lower their standards so you can feel better about not having any?
Nice projection there.
>>
>>91299499
>le tumblr may may
>>
>>91299580
>no solution to it.

Well if enough people voice concern over the issue, it might motivate the staff to focus their attention away from the political pandering scene and improve upon the show's now fully improvisational storyline.
>>
>>91299506
>It works, because a lot of the pissed off posters liked the show once and are disappointed as well.
It's more like SU has always been good bait since the start.
Talk good about it, talk bad about it, you'll get replies either way.
>>
>>91299580
This is the Comics and Cartoons board where we talk about Comics and Cartoons. Topics get rehashed alot. If you don't like that don't open the thread you've seen 100 times over.
>>
File: HRz6F6Y.jpg (139KB, 850x517px) Image search: [Google]
HRz6F6Y.jpg
139KB, 850x517px
>>
>>91299600
Don't use words you don't understand anon.
>>
>>91299636
>Well if enough people voice concern over the issue, it might motivate the staff to focus their attention away from the political pandering scene and improve upon the show's now fully improvisational storyline.
In theory that makes sense.
But why on a Malaysian finger painting board?
Sugar alone has so many social media outlets for fan communication.
>>
>>91299695
She really doesn't
>>
>>91299688
I understand just fine anonymous.
>>
>>91299695
And how well received do you think all the "negativity" would be on twitter or tumblr? Sugar can come here if she wants and chooses not to for obvious reasons. We're just talking.
>>
File: 1478726712886.png (523KB, 1516x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478726712886.png
523KB, 1516x700px
I just hate the way that there's no more action scenes.
The show started off with a healthy dose of action, filler, and comedy.
The most recent season has no action and no comedy, it's become entirely filler.
The boarders are clearly competent at making action scenes, but why did they just drop all that? Even filler with random monsters is entertaining to watch.
Do the boarders LIKE making townies? Why would you make a dozen episodes about the HUMANS interacting in the story when you have a group of alien characters that have interesting qualities and characterizations?
I don't hate filler. I just hate horribly missed opportunities at good filler, like the townie episodes. If there was filler involving the Gems, I'd be totally fine with that, since, even if the story isn't continuing or there isn't much going on, I'm at least getting what I came for, which is alien rocks interacting with each other.
>>
>>91299720
She has a Tumblr, a Twitter, and an Instagram, plus all the stuff she left behind like dA and YouTube.
>>
>>91299740
>and chooses not to for obvious reasons
I love this meme. This site is meant for posting anonymously, you're not supposed to know if she comes here.
>>
>>91299740
>And how well received do you think all the "negativity" would be on twitter or tumblr?
Who gives a shit?
You want Sugar's reaction, not other people's.
>>
>>91299777
Well if she does, it's to see what people want and give them the opposite of it. So I'm assuming no, she's too busy.
>>
>>91299774
She doesn't communicate with fans in a meaningful way on any of those.
>>
>>91299756
>The boarders are clearly competent at making action scenes, but why did they just drop all that?
I think they save them for very special occasions.
Either because it makes the fight scenes all the more exciting or budget reasons.
>>
>>91299777
>This site is meant for posting anonymously, you're not supposed to know if she comes here.

She's been here in the past, she knew of one of /sug/'s old regular shitposters and mentioned his name in her AMA.
>>
>>91299829
She actually comes here to discuss other cartoons and make fun of Zuke. Trust me, I know. I AM Rebecca Sugar, after all.
>>
>>91299740
>And how well received do you think all the "negativity" would be on twitter or tumblr?
At this point, there wouldn't be much backlash.
It's not just contained in 4chan.
>>
>>91299756
In theory: the show was always mainly SoL in Beach City with a side of sci fi. Or maybe they just think the Gems are too good for SoL episodes.
>>
I am a CN employee from the previous thread (believe me or don't, that's up to you) and I can tell you there's big things ahead for Steven Universe.
>>
File: ejY5pTj.gif (546KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
ejY5pTj.gif
546KB, 640x386px
>>91299756
>SU's storyboarders
>competent at action scenes
Pick one
>>
>>91300031
Is it another sweet anime reference? Be careful now, this could make or break your career.
>>
>>91299859
But they did just fine with fight scenes against corrupted monsters all throughout season 1, I don't really think they'd just skimp out on it for "special occasions", since they had plenty of occasions to show it off.
>>91300040
>one cherrypicked scene in slow motion
Compare that to any other fight scene
>>
>>91300031
How much is she paying you?
>>
>>91300040
In a way, this works because Smoky Quartz isn't supposed to be a serious fighter.
But really, it's the sweatshop labor cheaping out. I think the storyboards were better than this.
>>
>>91300031
I'll bite. What big things?
>>
>>91300070
>But they did just fine with fight scenes against corrupted monsters all throughout season 1, I don't really think they'd just skimp out on it for "special occasions",
I think it was budget then, considering that one fight scene and the fact that Connie and Pearl had to change outfits.
>>
>>91300063
You'll want to sit down for this. It's big.
>>91300073
I don't personally work for Sugar.
>>91300097
Steven Universe is under going a retool after the fourth season.
>>
>>91300031
The end better be the Diamonds and CGs uniting to fight a newly emerged cluster that is basically The Blob
>>
File: 1473361299294.png (768KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1473361299294.png
768KB, 1280x738px
>>91294378
My biggest issue with the lore is probably right after "Full Disclosure". From there, the whole Peridot redemption seemed a little too theatrical (calling a Diamond a "clod"), Lapis just seems like a forced stereotype of a depressed angsty teenager rather than someone who has gone through rough shit, Jasper seemed to have hope then they corrupted her, and the gems seem to constantly keep Steven in the dark even though he's proved time and time again that he's at least moderately capable of learning hard realities and truths.

That said, I still have faith in the show being able to pull it together in the end.
>>
>>91294460
As shit as LoK was, at the very least it still kept some sort of emphasis on the main selling point of bending.
SU after the first two seasons is like LoK but without the bending and Korra recycling emotional issues episode after epis-

Nvm it's the same shit
>>
>>91300166
If you're going to come hear and lie at least be more elaborate.
>>
>>91300166
Okay I'm sitting down. Twice over now, even. Now HOW BIG IS IT? I WANT IT ALL. The deets, if you will.
>>
>>91300173
>the gems seem to constantly keep Steven in the dark even though he's proved time and time again that he's at least moderately capable of learning hard realities and truths
I think it also has to do with how in the dark the Gems are, Bismuth being a good example.
>>
>>91300070
The other fight scenes aren't anything special either. They overuse smears, don't do anything creative and just straight up punch or shoot or whatever.
>>
>>91300200
>Korra
I'M STILL ANGRY at the fucking City surrendering to the Mech at the end. Fucking first time we could see combined arms bending (Fire, water, earth all working together) and they FUCKING SKIP IT FUCK YOU BRYKE
>>
>>91294460
I realized that it was hopeless by the season 2 finale.
>>
>>91295330
I just wanted to believeit was actually going somewhere with itself.
Now I realize that Sugar just had one big plotline in her head and had fuck-all idea on how to execute it or even connect it between episodes, so she just left the storyboarders to do that, which turned out to be even worse
>>
>>91300173
>That said, I still have faith in the show being able to pull it together in the end.

It needs enough time and proper budgeting. No more damn celebrities.
>>
>>91300168
Sorry but it's a bit different than that.
>>91300204
No lie, but I'll elaborate.
>>91300209
SU is getting retooled. I stress that this is not a reboot; the show will mostly be the same aside from a few key differences.
>>
>>91300260
Who was the last celebrity on this show?
>>
>>91300166
By retool, do you mean basically more plot focus, and less townie stuff? With the Rubies leaving, I could see it. Things are ramping up
>>
>>91298138
I already dropped it two episodes ago; I used to wait eagearly every week for a new episode and overall was a pretty huge fan. Not anymore, now I just watch them if I have absolutely nothing else to do.
If the plot keeps going nowhere and the show is still full of retarded tumblr episodes I'm dropping this turd for good
>>
>>91299499
LOL TUMBLR AMIRITE
LOL TUMBLR AMIRITE
LOL TUMBLR AMIRITE
LOL TUMBLR AMIRITE
LOL TUMBLR AMIRITE
>>
>>91300247
Wasn't Sugar excited for season 5?
How this season was introspection and next season would be bigger?
>>
>>91300274
> few key differences

Such as?
>>
File: 1472584684187.gif (379KB, 245x137px) Image search: [Google]
1472584684187.gif
379KB, 245x137px
>>91298264
>Roadside Attraction

Imagine, there are people in this world, right now, who thought that was a good episode
>>
>>91300040
>not posting Amy vs. Jasper fight
I've seen youtube animations by 15 year olds with better animation than that
>>
>>91300303
>If the plot keeps going nowhere and the show is still full of retarded tumblr episodes I'm dropping this turd for good
Yeah, you sound like a pretty huge fan...
>>
>>91300355
Maybe because they never had to deal with networks and overseas animators.
>>
>>91300290
I think Patti Lupone?
>>
>>91300300
The focus will definitely shift. Think along the lines of Omniverse.
>>91300324
The artstyle will receive a complete overhaul for one. There will be a setting change that I'm excited for. Not to mention new characters.
>>
>>91300274
Where is the proof
Post something to prove you are CN employee
>>
>>91300274
What are those differences
>>
File: 1490560830573-1.jpg (1017KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1490560830573-1.jpg
1017KB, 2592x1936px
>>91300031

I wanted to ask you in your previous thread, but that one's as good as dead.

But why is it that all were getting in terms of merchandise is Funko crap and Zag Toys bullshit. Were the results from AT's and RS's non-Funko toy lines that bad for the company?

I want to get a good quality figure of Steven and the Gems but I want to support the show, not some starving artist.
>>
File: 1490927669607.jpg (142KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1490927669607.jpg
142KB, 1280x738px
>>91300422
>>
>>91300427
Check the other thread.
>>91300428
New look, new town, new neighbors.
>>
>>91300427
>get yourself fired
>or else I'll keep giving out (You)s
>>
File: 1440135103742.png (191KB, 397x416px) Image search: [Google]
1440135103742.png
191KB, 397x416px
>>91300422
>The artstyle will receive a complete overhaul for one.

And it's bullshit, everybody go home.
>>
>>91300422
Are we going to Homeworld? I could see how an artstyle could change that way
>>
>>91300454
link it
>>
>>91300441
>But why is it that all were getting in terms of merchandise is Funko crap and Zag Toys bullshit. Were the results from AT's and RS's non-Funko toy lines that bad for the company?
It's the only merchandise compatible with SU's fanbase.
Toy companies really can't make good figures with what's presented.
Jumping that hurdle, the market for kid's toys based is small, much like the actual child fanbase.
And of course, boy/girl toy discourse.
>>
>>91300356
As I said, not anymore

The filler episodes keep getting worse
The quality of animation fluctuates even more while the character models become even more inconsistent
Lapis and Peridot are fucking caricatures of what they once were specially Lapis who got throroughly ruind by Zuke
The plot centerd episodes like the recent Greg rescue ones ended up in minimal exposition, one shit song and terrible writing

I'm fucking mad because SU could be x100 better than what it is now, that's why whoever actually thinks this show is anywhere close to the top of it''s game is for real stupid
>>
>>91300521
>I'm fucking mad because SU could be x100 better than what it is now, that's why whoever actually thinks this show is anywhere close to the top of it''s game is for real stupid
Or maybe they just an opinion different from yours.
>>
>>91300538
Some opinions are objectively bad, anon.
>>
>>91300506

He's talking about >>91285114, but the posting style between this guy and the OP of that thread's much different.
>>
>>91300422
>The artstyle will receive a complete overhaul for one.
And that's how we know you're lying
>>
>>91300578
I'm conflicted. Because on one hand, yeah. But on the other, that's exactly the type of shit Rebecca would pull, and she has been hyping Season 5 for a while now
>>
>>91300538
Wrong opinions
>>
Don't believe his lies
>>
>>91300521
SU was shit to begin with.
You are a dumbass for liking in the first place.
>>
>>91300674
Hi Lauren
>>
File: tumblr_n8s6ooGcKI1qj3996o1_250.gif (937KB, 245x130px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8s6ooGcKI1qj3996o1_250.gif
937KB, 245x130px
I just want the show to crash and burn at this point so I can laugh at everyone and enjoy a nice dose of sodium.
>>
>>91300521
>The filler episodes keep getting worse
They were always terrible.
>The quality of animation fluctuates even more while the character models become even more inconsistent
It was always like that.
>Lapis and Peridot are fucking caricatures of what they once were specially Lapis who got throroughly ruind by Zuke
They were shit characters to begin with.
>The plot centerd episodes like the recent Greg rescue ones ended up in minimal exposition, one shit song and terrible writing
Like every SU episode ever.
>>
>>91300696
Why?
Would it make you feel better?
>>
>>91300274
Tell us something that is going to be revealed soon enough (example: something about the next episode after Lion 4) so that we can trust you.
>>
>>91300737
This. It doesn't have to be some mega reveal, but just something that happens after Lion 4
>>
File: 1479432121353.png (661KB, 1240x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1479432121353.png
661KB, 1240x1019px
>>91299273
>2. When has SU ever touched on cultural tolerance.
>>
>>91300450
Understandable
>>91300483
>>91300607
>>91300578
I said you didn't have to believe me.
>>91300491
>>91300595
Steven is definitely going to move from Beach City.
>>
>>91300031
Cancellation?
>>
>>91300758
But Andy was clearly in the right in that episode.
>>
File: 1491255923799.png (166KB, 362x316px) Image search: [Google]
1491255923799.png
166KB, 362x316px
>>91300730
I just find NaCl delectable.
>>
>>91294378
I agree so much that I would kiss you if you said thar to me IRL.
>>
>>91300737
>>91300757
Mystery Girl comes back.
>>91300783
If the retool is successful, SU will be avoiding this.
>>
>>91300787
>being aggressively afraid of things you don't understand like a dog barking at a vacuum
>"right"
>>
>>91300696
Have you enjoyed the show, or do you just want to bask in other people's disappointment on a meta level? Evaluate this about yourself.
>>
>>91300803
Do you have a happy life?
>>
Can you at least halfway confirm whether we're getting a finale bomb for Season 4?
>>
>>91300173
>peridot redemption was too theatrical
what
>>
File: 1425742183200.png (130KB, 334x290px) Image search: [Google]
1425742183200.png
130KB, 334x290px
>>91300832
Not them, but anyone who says they do is lying.

The human brain isn't meant to feel satisfied, it is constantly in some state of craving.
>>
>>91295330
It's called the honeymoon period.
>>
>>91300805
You sure you just aren't gay?
>>
>>91300807
>Mystery Girl comes back

No shit Sherlock we knew that from the poster on that one livestream. Fuck off to /trash/ with your bait lies.
>>
File: IMG_3867.jpg (16KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3867.jpg
16KB, 300x168px
>>91294378
>GOAT dialogue and lore

Lol no
>>
>>91300844
Yes and it will lead directly into the retool.
>>
>>91300905
I never said you had to believe me.
>>
>>91300759
so what youre saying is that the show is the same but no more beach city?
cause i dont get this retool shit
>>
>>91300911
The only good thing about this show is the waifus.
>>
>>91300960
Basically, Steven will go back to fighting monsters in a different town.
>>
>>91300807
>If the retool is successful, SU will be avoiding this
well the """"Intel"""" guy from the other thread SU isnt getting cancelled and hes bringing more info than you dumbass
are you enjoying the attention?
>>
>>91300971
Waifu means the same thing as wife. It is not synonymous with attractive female character.
>>
>>91301007
you say youre the same guy from the "other" thread.What other thread?
>>
>>91301016
I never said SU was getting cancelled, just retooled. The information from the other thread is vital to this retool, which is why I'm not reiterating it here.
>>91301039
About SU's schedule.
>>
>>91301104
Fuck off back to /trash/
>>
>>91301122
I can't access it if I wanted to.
>>
>>91301104
allright dumbass if you had actually read that thread instead of copying the larping idea you would know that anon doesnt know shit about SU story and didnt mention any retooling.
next time read the whole thread
>>
>>91299756
I don't get why episodes are so detached from eachother.Like why put Peridot and Lapis on a farm when we could have them interact with the townies? Why are plot and introspection and etc. episodes all seperated?
>>
>>91301169
I never claimed to know about SU's story.
And I didn't mention it there because the thread was dying. It would have been pointless.
>>
>>91301201
To please the tumblr overlords.
>>
>>91301209
fuck off back to /trash/
>>
>>91301209
nigga you dont go from working on the CN app to knowing retooling stuff from a tv show you aint even close to
>>
>>91301250
Still can't access it.
>>91301269
Never claimed to be close; the retool would premier first on the CN App, which is how I know about it.
>>
is jasper gonna get redeemed?
>>
>>91301356
No because fuck cis white males.
>>
>>91301311
Oh just give up already
>>
The Geekiary should be getting a press release soon, so at least there's that
>>
Let me elaborate more on the retool.
>the new artstyle will be headed by Chris Battle (TTG).
>Haley Mancini (PPG, Loud House) and Jake Goldman (PPG). Rebecca Sugar will stay on as executive producer.
>>
>>91301356
She'll come back and Steven will talk to her and she'll join the crystal gems and then slowly shrink over the course of the season and form a fling with Pearl for no reason and will live under the house doing jack fuck
>>
>>91301465
finally given up huh
>>
>>91294430
When we say the music in SU is good, we usually refer to the instrumentals, Anon.

No sane anon would say that the music in SU is above pleasant.
>>
>>91301465
Good one, anon.
>>
File: 1486078282644.png (157KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1486078282644.png
157KB, 500x461px
>>91301485
what a crybaby
>>
File: 14600623098260.jpg (61KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
14600623098260.jpg
61KB, 453x604px
>>91301465
Steven Universe Go eh? Now with even more disappointment.
>>
>>91301500
Why not?
>>
>>91301500
>No sane anon would say that the music in SU is above pleasant.
So all those WE mean nothing huh.
>>
>>91294525
SU uses a bit of both. Though honestly, nostalgia will never excuse a track being bad, Anon.
>>
>>91301458
Yeah, Geekiary should be getting a sneak peak of Steven Universe! (The exclamation mark is part of the title.)
>>
File: 1451233379428.png (57KB, 389x433px) Image search: [Google]
1451233379428.png
57KB, 389x433px
>>91301465
So in other words, SU is going to be flash-animated crap?
>>
>>91301465
>Due to contract disputes, the Crystal Gems and some other characters will have to be recast.
>No word on who's voicing who yet.
>Aivi and Surasshu will stay as composers.
>>
I spoke to the lady who writes for Geekiary, and she's saying she expects a press release during the week of April 17th
>>
>>91301617
From what I hear, it's actually ToonBoom.
>>
>>91301465
I believe the guy from yesterday but you're bullshitting. There are some differences in what he was telling us and what you're shitposting here.
>>
>>91301655
geekiary?
what are you talking abut?
>>
Guys my super real CN contact said next episode will have crying in it

Where are my (you)'s
>>
>>91301500
A true SU fan would never love the music.
>>
Im Rebecca Sugar and Steven Universe is cancelled thanks you faggots.
>>
>>91301689
The website that usually gets SU news
>>
>>91301693
Impossible, how could you lie like that
>>
>>91301689
The Geekiary will unveil some footage for the Steven Universe retool.
>>
>>91301704
so april 17th well get to know the airdates or >>91301720 ?
>>
>>91301679
I'm just adding on to yesterday's news.
>>
>>91298016
Awfully optimistic there anon
>>
>>91301697
fag
>>
>>91301732
The week of April 17th is when she's expecting a press release, which should contain info on the air dates for the new episodes. It'll probably announce the new finale bomb
>>
>>91300173
Yea. Looks like SU is taking the theatrical in sake of naturalness route. Things seem to be more forced in sake of the story aesop. Just look at how silly, rough and unrealistic Navy was written in Room for Ruby.

I wish gems went back to being just mysterious magical alien women instead of just super-powered human teens.
>>
>>91301639
>The series will now take place in a town called Pleasant Valley.
>Steven will now be attending school.
>Beach City now serves as the base for the Diamonds and their monsters.
>The show will have a Power Rangers feel to it and have the Diamonds sic their monsters on the Gems.
>>
>>91294378

>GOAT lore

>homeworld is named Homeworld
>city with beach is named Beach City

ok
>>
>>91301810
>I wish gems went back to being just mysterious magical alien women instead of just super-powered human teens.
They were kind of always like that.
>>
>>91301751
>Different IP addresses than the OP of that thread.

Fuck it, somebody summon Exodia already.
>>
>>91301810
>I wish gems went back to being just mysterious magical alien women
why? do you still want to keep things hidden from you? at this point?
im asking for the opposite
>>
>>91301776
FUCK YOU
>>
>>91301845
zuke we talked about this im not putting lapidot in my show no matter how many times you fool /co/ into believing your info.
also jasperXlapis is gonna happen.it will come from my previous abusive relationship and how i wish my partner is still ok
>>
>>91301776
Fuck me
>>
>>91301751
Joke's on you what the other guy said yesterday wasn't technically news. He added some specifics about how things work in certain departments of CN.

>>91301838
Bet you he's going to say he's posting from his phone now
>>
>>91301878
ian when will you move the rest of your stuff out of my house
we broke up a month ago and i still have your fucking underwear
>>
File: 1489486538028.png (621KB, 1336x9428px) Image search: [Google]
1489486538028.png
621KB, 1336x9428px
>>91301845
>>91301877
>>
File: perls.jpg (403KB, 1280x970px) Image search: [Google]
perls.jpg
403KB, 1280x970px
>>91301842
I liked when they were more robotic, mysterious, weird and less lolsoquirky. it made their kind more interesting. Also, the highlights to their culture, society and homeworld in general was very interesting back then.

In fact, I still get this feel mostly from the homeworld gems at this point, but it is still not the same as it was.
>>
>>91300879
Because if it wasn't you'd be a vegetable
>>
>>91302015
Pretty much, but that's beside the point.

Nobody is "happy," just high, or not uncomfortable.
>>
>>91300225
Fair point, though the Gems still seem to avoid anything regarding Rose or the fallout from the Gem Rebellion on Earth. Steven seemed to learn more from Bismuth about the brutality of the Gem Rebellion than he learns from Garnet or Pearl.
>>
>>91302009
At the start of the series they acted a little more like normal people. Now they're more "flawed" and "quirky" than before but none of them were especially robotic and mysterious except garnet.
>>
>>91302038
Are you also intelligent with a wicked sense of humor?
>>
>>91302038
wub la ba dub dub
>>
>>91301694
A true SU fan would never love the show, only watching it to shitpost about how it is shit on /co/, bringing down the quality of the SU threads as well as /co/'s and thus, further shitting out the reputation of SU in this koreanese animation forum.
>>
>>91300857
After pretty much several episodes of decent character development, they made her turn her back on the CG's just to make her turn around again and tell YD to fuck off. It wasn't necessary to do that, especially after they did well with establishing her change in the "Peace and Love" song. The whole "clod" moment seemed like the writers were trying to flag her change, as if the viewers weren't smart enough to notice that Peridot had shifted in her views and conceptions about what she was taught on Homeworld
>>
Do people really think that last thread was actually legit?
It's just an anon pretending to be a worker. It's happened before with other things, especially in video game threads
>>
File: 1484947556745.png (119KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1484947556745.png
119KB, 225x227px
>>91302113
>>91302148
>being smug because you're not happy
>>
>>91302278
But that's what you're doing
>>
File: 1437850847562.jpg (18KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1437850847562.jpg
18KB, 500x330px
>>91302296
Well obviously that means one of us has to be happy, right?
>>
>>91302272
Yeah, people are just retarded my dude.
>>
>>91302272
Hi, I'm Rebecca Sugar.
>>
>>91301810
>Room for Ruby
If we're bringing up that episode, can we also talk about how unrealistically naive Steven was in that episode. It was ridiculous that Lapis was the only voice of reason in the episode, for being skeptical of an enemy soldier being ass-kissingly nice to everyone and asking to see her ship.
>>
>>91302327
Yeah.
>>91302366
Prove it.
>>
>>91302230
to me it made sense and it was natural.the episode before showed peridot had changed but she still retained homeworld views,so you knew she changed but not if it was for good.plenty of people legit thought she was gonna betray the cgs and she would only be completely redeemed waaaaay later on.

and her calling YD as a clod was an epic moment and established her affiliattion for good.
>>
>>91301913
the fuck was that
>>
>>91302390
Gems are basically all idiots except Peridot in her prime. Hell, everybody is except the aforementioned case and greg
>>
>>91302393
Check my Twitter page, I'm about to post your post number.
>>
>>91302451
Peridot was always literally born yesterday from a Gem's perspective, it just didn't become apparent until she couldn't use her limb enhancers and stuff.

She's like a 2 year old with a smartphone that suddenly got taken away.
>>
>>91302473
I'm waiting >:3
>>
>>91302534
Just a second.
>>
>>91294431
I think he means like what's actually happening or how stories get resolved as opposed to what people are saying or the backstory for the show.
>>
>>91302230
She didn't turn her back on the Crystal Gems. Peridot had seen first-hand that Earth and the Crystal Gems were an alright bunch, so her logical conclusion was that the whole feud between Earth and Homeworld was some kind of misunderstanding. She thought she'd be able to clear up the situation and get YD to call off the Cluster project. She just sperged out when YD wouldn't listen to her and ended up choosing a side without thinking.
>>
>>91302399
I'm not saying your wrong, and certainly you can take a different perspective of it. To me, it just seemed like a way to get fans hyped and didn't seem necessary or important to the plot. It also felt odd for the Gems to be so forgiving when moments before she was willing to sell them out to the most militaristic of the Gems.

I'll give a positive point and say, yes it was a good thing to flag in Peridot's development as the newest member of the Gems. It just seemed to be unnecessarily performative in what was already gradual and positive development in her character.
>>
>>91302451
Connie's alright too as a level headed character, except when the writers try to make her into some sort of bold adventurer.
>>
>>91302488
Yet she somehow remained the sanest member of the cast. At least before and during gem drill.
>>
>>91302673
This and since Peridot is sometimes clumsy in expressing herself Steven easily misunderstood her when he confronted her. When you look back and listen to Peridot again in her conversation with Steven it's actually pretty clear what her intention was then.

>"But the Diamonds are bad! They don't care about the earth! They wanted to hollow it out, and now they wanna blow it up with the Cluster!"
>"Yes, yes! That's the point!"
>>
>>91294430
>80% of the people singing are terrible at singing
Almost the entire cast are celebrated professional singers. You're retarded.
>>
>>91296684
Please don't point out my flaws.
>>
>>91302864
She still has sane rational moments when things are more serious. Take a look at Earthlings, she was the first one to suggest they should retreat and get back up to deal with Jasper, which wasn't a bad idea at all. And while The Kindergarten Kid was a very comedic episode her initial ideas weren't too bad, but she just suffered from bad luck. The original 3 gems immediately wanted to attack the corrupted gem while Peridot wanted to set up traps instead.
>>
>>91294378
Legend of Korra was bigger wasted potential. SU is pretty high up there though.
>>
>>91294417
>>>/trash/steven
>>
>>91302971

No. You're fucking deaf.
>>
>>91294378
I wish Genndy directed it.
>>
>>91301617
At least they would be able to keep the models consistent then
>>
>>91295094
Omniverse utilized the full potential of Ben 10 and more.
>>
>>91298185
>filler

Why do people act like GF and SU are some super serialized shows? They're episodic comedies first and foremost.
>>
>>91299431
No but it transitioned between a SoL MoTW show to a pseudo-SoL pseudo drama
>>
>>91300087
They weren't.
>>
>>91299756
>The boarders are clearly competent at making action scenes,

The fuck? No.
>>
File: genndygem.png (165KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
genndygem.png
165KB, 800x800px
>>91304229
>>
>>91300759
>Steven is definitely going to move from Beach City.

Ok now I know this is fake.
>>
>>91305276
Kek
>>
File: POW, RIGHT OVER THE KISSER.gif (3MB, 672x378px) Image search: [Google]
POW, RIGHT OVER THE KISSER.gif
3MB, 672x378px
>>91305261
Garnet had a pretty alright fight with Jasper, didn't she?
>>
>>91305276
fucking lost
>>
>>91305355
No
>>
>>91305276
Well when you put it that way ...
>>
>>91294378
Korra ruined an already great world.

That's worse than what they did here.
>>
Jasper should have been a man
>>
The Pearl rapes Garnet arc was the peak of the show, and the arcs preceding and following it
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.