[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone enjoy the later seasons of Ren and Stimpy or was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0312.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0312.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Did anyone enjoy the later seasons of Ren and Stimpy or was it all downhill after John K left?
>>
File: BUTFIRST.jpg (42KB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
BUTFIRST.jpg
42KB, 350x276px
>>91287552
There was nothing redeeming about the later seasons.

We will never have another production on par with space madness, let alone don't whiz on the electric fence.
>>
>>91287697
But you can't really say that Bob among others didn't bring spunco along to the later seasons. Episodes like Ren's Pecs, Lair of the Lummox (with writing credit to john), Hermit Ren, It's a Dogs Life, Egg Yolkeo, and Aloha Hoek, and Ren Needs Help just to name a few are all fantastic episodes that are better than a lot in the 1st and 2nd Seasons.
>>
>>91287552
Lots of good and mediocre ones throughout the entire run.
>>
>>91287552
Billy West was a decent Ren, but he could never get that same amount of twisted over the edge like John K did as Ren
>>
I wish this fucking show never existed so Nickelodeon didn't weigh down cartoon creators with trash censorship (less freedom) and shitty financial preferences over creativity.
>>
>>91287552
For what it's worth, I thought these episodes were good.
>A Yard Too Far
>An Abe Divided
>Jimminy Lummox
>Ren's Bitter Half
>House of Next Tuesday
>I Love Chicken
>Aloha Hoek
>>
>>91288489
Calm down, idiot.
>>
Damn shame that when you give John K enough creative freedom, with a piss poor animations department, that the cartoon becomes unwatchable and loses any chance of resurrection.
>>
>>91289533
>and loses any chance of resurrection.
Nick is weird. They give Jhonen Vasquez a show, the guy who wrote fucking Johnny The Homicidal Maniac (which is edgier than Adult Party Cartoon), which was edgy and disgusting, and it's getting relaunched. They worry about children finding Adult Party Cartoon and watching it, but they don't worry about the same children looking up Jhonen Vasquez's past work and reading it?
>>
>>91287552
>after
>>
john k fucked it up enough with adult party
>>
>>91289995
Ren seeks help had a lot of potential. I believe that if he had the same team in the early nick stages that it would have been really successful. It seems like John needs to be checked from time to time in order for his idea to actually come together.
>>
>>91289970
If kids search Ren and Stimpy out of curosity one day, they might immediately get directed to Ren rubbing shampoo on a girl's tits. If they search Invader Zim, they'll see Invader Zim. The only way they'd find out about JTHM is if they googled Invader Zim, cared enough for some reason to then google 'Jhonen Vasquez', and then found out about JTHM from there. Most kids won't even make it to step one, let alone step two; they don't give a shit about who makes what cartoon, unlike 30 year old manchildren on mongolian basket weaving forums.
>>
>>91287552
Some decent ones but without johns specific brand of autism the show lost it's magic.
>>
File: 1489952491453.gif (348KB, 240x155px) Image search: [Google]
1489952491453.gif
348KB, 240x155px
>>91288489
>"trash censorship (less freedom)
slow down, Matlock
>>
>>91290237
His autism is the adult party show. Where was the second season?
>>
>>91287552
later seasons of ren and stimpy was similar to later seasons of spongebob in terms of quality
>>
>>91291284
Are you shitting me? What realm of shit assery are you living in?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.