[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faith Erin Hicks's 'The Nameless City' To Become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1475517364058.jpg (616KB, 620x878px) Image search: [Google]
1475517364058.jpg
616KB, 620x878px
>Frederator, Recursion Venture into ‘The Nameless City’

>Frederator Studios, a WOW! Unlimited Media company, has entered an agreement with Recursion Media and Eisner Award winner Faith Erin Hicks to develop an animated series base on her The Nameless City graphic novels. The in-process trilogy centers on two teenagers — withdrawn Kaidu and street-smart Rat — who cand together to save their home from a tragic 30-year cycle of war.

>“I have always been a giant nerdy fan of animation. In the ’90s whenever a new Disney animated movie came out, I was the kid sitting in the front row on opening night, singing along with every song (belated apologies to the rest of the people watching the movie with me). As an adult I remain a giant nerdy fan of animation, so to get the chance to see the characters of The Nameless City in animated form is absolutely thrilling,” said Hicks.

>Frederator and Recursion are developing a 12 x half-hour, 2D animated miniseries which will cover the events of all three books. The first four episodes are due in 2018.

>“Frederator Studios’ cartoon philosophy for nearly 20 years is to support the vision of creators with distinctive points of views,” said Eric Homan, VP of Development at Frederator. “Faith’s wonderful storytelling is just one of the reasons we’re fortunate to be part of this project. We’re eager to follow her creative lead on The Nameless City.”

>The Nameless City trilogy is being published by First Second Books, with the second book The Stone Heart available Tuesday, April 4. Faith Erin Hicks (faitherinhicks.com) is a writer and artist living in Vancouver whose graphic novels include the Eisner-winning The Adventures of Superhero Girl. She is represented by Bernadette Baker-Baughman of Victoria Sanders & Associates.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/frederator-recursion-venture-into-the-nameless-city/
>>
>>91284405
>Frederator
>>
>literally what/who the everything
Who cares?
>>
>>91284405
who? what?
>>
>>91284405
Could be good with decent writers. I've got the first book, setting is fantastic. Imagine Ba Sing Sae except twice as big and with six or seven diverse ethnic groups, each ranked in a hierarchy of which was the last race to conquer the city. Actual characters and plot were pretty basic but this has potential.
>>
Wow, a new cartoon with action and political intrigue with a potentially decent style and /co/ doesn't care because it's based on a book by a creator they're not immediately aware of.

Stay classy.
>>
>>91284509
>>91284495
Do you read comics?
>>
>>91284495
>>91284509
Damn, you guys are pretty casual. Hicks is like entry level shit.
>>
>>91284405
That's really neat, I would love for this to take off.
>>
Please be on Netflix where it will get some respect and not Nickelodeon because they will some how fuck it up like they did with Korra
>>
>>91285701
>shit

keyword
>>
>>91286053
>I don't like her so that excuses my casualness
Yeah no, you're not getting off that easily.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.