[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Destroying the moon won't hurt just the water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: CP8oFsWUwAAbOyM.jpg (31KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
CP8oFsWUwAAbOyM.jpg
31KB, 600x460px
>"Destroying the moon won't hurt just the water tribe,it will hurt everyone including you. Without the moon,everything will fall out of balance"

>"The fire nation needs the moon too,we all depend on the balance"

https://youtu.be/X6k_a0pEi7c

What would firebenders have to lose? Zhao was right
>>
>>91279527
https://www.seeker.com/what-if-we-lost-our-moon-1767456318.html

>The ocean tides would still happen, but the bulge of water would follow the sun, so you could expect high tides around noon everywhere, everyday. I know some fishermen who would appreciate this.

>Since the solid Earth flexes tidally, it makes sense that there might be some internal grumbling when Earth loses the moon. Earthquakes. Maybe a few volcanoes getting rowdy. That kind of stuff. But there's no reason to worry (or hope) that California will fall into the Pacific. Sorry New York. Sorry Las Vegas.

>The greater concern would be in the long-term, regarding the Earth's wobbling spin axis. Right now the spin axis of the Earth very slowly wobbles over 26,000 years, like a slowing wobbling top, because of the tug of the sun. The wobble causes true north to not always point at Polaris, a.k.a., the North Star. Experts agree that the moon acts sort of like a shock absorber to this wobble - keeping it from getting out of hand (see the nitty gritty details in this SETI talk).

>It's possible that Earth without a moon would wobble wildly, sort of like Mars does. The Red Planet's wobble is so extreme that it may be the cause of some cycles of climate change there. If the same thing happened here, Earth might wobble so much that seasons would become inhospitably extreme and Earth would be a much less stable and habitable planet.

>Without the moon the tilt of the Earth's axis could go from its current wobble of 22 to 25 degrees to a wide ride of zero to 85 degrees - zero would eliminate seasons, and 85 is basically the Earth leaning over on its side. If this happened, the current crisis we call global warming would be a very pleasant tea party by comparison.
>>
>>91279648
Wtf I hate Zhao now
>>
>>91279527
>What would firebenders have to lose?
Their lives when the Ocean Spirit rose up and killed them all for fucking with his waifu.
>>
>>91280386
wasn't the ocean spirit the female?
>>
>>91280430
I dunno. The Moon is traditionally female in most mythologies, but not always.
>>
>>91280386
Literally this. Though it proves Hei Bai was a dumbass.
>>
>>91280430
>>91280468
well the ocean spirit was the black fish, the black part of the yin-yang symbol is the yin part, which is also the feminine side
>>
File: char09.jpg (106KB, 581x700px) Image search: [Google]
char09.jpg
106KB, 581x700px
>>91279648
So a world where only the strong will survive? This is making my dick hard. LAW and NEUTRAL fags get BTFO!
>>
>>91280563
So then the Fire Nation has to deal with a pissed off widow that controls all water on the planet.

They're still right fucked.
>>
>>91279527
I'm probably wrong, but I feel without artificial lighting, from now on night would be absolute darkness. This is even more of a stretch, but the temperature might also drop ridiculously low at night as well.
>>
>>91279648
>But there's no reason to worry (or hope) that California will fall into the Pacific. Sorry New York. Sorry Las Vegas.
Californian here, only areas west of the Pacific Plate boundary/San Andreas Fault would need to worry about that. Though the amount of movement to make it go underwater would be beyond fantasy and horrifically destructive, this is a hypothetical.
Most notably of the affected is Los Angeles, it also would remove Monterey, Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, and many others.
As some living east of the boundary in NorCal?
I'd love to see LA be engulfed by the cruel churning sea, a vengeful smiting by nature against the wretched hive of scum and villainy that it is
>>
>>91279648

First post, best post.

Still not the most retarded plan ever though.

>I Unalaq will become the Dark Avatar
>What do you mean that will mean all humans will die? Such propaganda you tell
>The World will be better, and the spirits that literally forced humanity to live in turtle based refuges will be set free
>*literally proceeds to try to initiate the apocalypse via spirit powers*
>You know, that evil unalaq guy was right, maybe these spirits that have been shitting on us every time they've been in this world do deserve to live here

That, and the retarded owl helping him. He's literally corrupting spirits and trying to cause the end of the world, what is wrong with you.
>>
>>91279527
Well... there would be a lot of environmental damage, I'd presume.
>>
>>91280658
Not really, if a large group of people survive you're still going to get a continuation of society in some form.

Even if the rule of law becomes more totalitarian... it'll still exist.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.