[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does uh...Anyone know exactly what the fuck is going on with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Shazam dw.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Shazam dw.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
Does uh...Anyone know exactly what the fuck is going on with Shazam?

Last I remember, he was in the Darkseid War and gained the power of some other gods. I'm not too sure if he showed up in any other book, but I just don't really see him anywhere anymore.

Did DC lose the rights to him or something?
>>
>>91267992
He made a cameo here or there. He isn't up to much right now.
>>
Much like Martian Manhunter he appeared in promotional Rebirth material but never actually showed up or even got mentioned.
>>
>>91267992
He's getting his own series soon, iirc, the all the original Fawcett stuff coming back, like Tawny and all that.
>>
>>91267992
Johns is a hack. A selfish cunt that didnt wanted anyone else involved on his version of the character. Curse of Shazam was a screenplay for any eventual captain marvel. Movie he as consultant, executive, and back then cco would shill for. Johns wants no influence of any other writer as his pay Check would get smaller. He only allowed others play with Billy in Darkseid war as he knew rebirth would make it irrelevant. Anyway I don't give a shit, the less appareances of this Shazam guy the better for captain marvel fans.
>>
>>91268016
The diversity kids are more important tho
>>
>>91268321
>Curse of Shazam was a screenplay for any eventual captain marvel. Movie he as consultant, executive, and back then cco would shill for.
Same for Justice League, and probably most of the New 52's editorial decisions. It was about introducing brand synergy, from where movies like Suicide Squad and Justice League would take as a platform. In the end though it mostly induced brand homogenization. Billy got the worst of it though.
>>
Shazam/Captain Marvel is one of the most mistreated characters DC has. He's really only there as a guy to come in when the plot requires a Superman tier character just like Martian Manhunter. (And usually make him incompetent.)
Writers really have no idea how to use him outside a plot device.

My ideal would be to keep him as a idealistic golden age analogue, with Billy being as pure a character there is in the DCU, he should be someone special like Superman, not just an angry moody kid with morals like in the new52.
>>
File: Shazam-Darla.png (270KB, 425x329px) Image search: [Google]
Shazam-Darla.png
270KB, 425x329px
>>91268339
Darla is cute as a button she should hang out with the Super Sons.
>>
File: trials-of-shazam.png (1MB, 722x1080px) Image search: [Google]
trials-of-shazam.png
1MB, 722x1080px
>MFW I'm probably one of the few that liked Trials and Freddy as the new champion of mortals.
Plus bat-shit crazy Billy as the new Wizard was an interesting angle.
>>
>>91267992
DC and Johns are retarded. They've really killed his momentum...
>>
>>91268321
>>91268594
To be fair, I think DC knows that he has massive potential, but unlike how Marvel has taken Carol, who they saw had potential, and released like ten relaunches each shittier than the other trying to get something to stick, DC is biding their time till they have just the right pitch and just the right momentum.

Still, even if they have to be really controlling of what he appears in, it'd be nice if he had some presence in the DCU still. Maybe Johns needs to get it through his head that he's never going to have enough time to do Billy again until he's like 60 and retired from business, and just pick someone else to write him.
>>
>>91269257
>just the right momentum
That has long pass

The charcter isn't immensely popular, his fans need to understand this. Unless a big name creator gets put on him he won';t be a huge seller. There's potential for him because due to his lack of ongoings in the modern era you can tell homages, new stories, create new villains but also update some of the older ones.
I fear retard Johns is going to bring Waid in to write his ongoing...
>>
>>91268674

Don't give me ideas, anon.
>>
>>91268594
DC fucking hates Billy and it shows. God forbid Superman has some competition.

Seriously, a shitton of Elseworld stories he's in has him as useless, brainwashed or a total cunt who is eventually killed by Supes, perhaps all of the above.
>>
>>91269421
DC fucking hates Kal and it shows. God forbid Batman has some competition.

Seriously, a shitton of Elseworld stories he's in has him as useless, brainwashed or a total cunt who is eventually beaten by Bats, perhaps all of the above.
>>
>>91268772
I liked the idea too. Lord Marvel was a great concept, gods and all, but it was in the middle of a editorial mess
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.