[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people who dont read or no comics like to pretend they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1483894372162.jpg (217KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483894372162.jpg
217KB, 800x1600px
why do people who dont read or no comics like to pretend they know what they are talking about regarding the topic?

pic unrelated
>>
They don't realize that movies and cartoons are supposed to stand and be viewed on their own.

Faithfulness to the source material can be both a pro and a con.
>>
People are more interested in being a part of a discussion than actually enjoying things.
>>
>>91269552
Ding ding ding.

>>91266873
Max Landis is a hack.
>>
it's easier to pretend fallacies and godwin laws don't exists and people who disagree are trolls.
You'd be surprised to see how easy it is to shut people up by just saying "who cares?" or "we were having fun before you started that shit"
>>
>>91266873
They like the movies and want to fit in with "nerd culture" as it's popular, but they don't want to actually read the comics. My Uni is full of them
>>
>>91270249
My girlfriend is kind of like that. She does read some comics though and she doesn't act like she reads more than she does, she's at least upfront about most of her knowledge coming from movies and cartoons.

Which is something people around here forget. You can now legitimately be a superhero fan, raised on a diet of movies, cartoons, and video games, and have never touched a comic in your life. Yeah the neckbeard whose read every issue of ASM knows more minutea, but is the guy who's seen every movie, cartoon, and game really any less of a Spider-Man fan? At this point superheroes are more like cultural touchstones than comic book characters.
>>
>>91266873
>why do people who dont read or no comics like to pretend they know what they are talking about regarding the topic?

No one likes to admit to ignorance.
>>
>>91266873
Who gives a shit about these people.

The real issue is when they come on /co/ and muddle up discussion with obvious questions and ignorance, and get mad when people don't give them a rundown on decades worth of continuity.
>>
Why comics though?

I mean, if you want to lie about being knowledgeable on a subject, lie about economics, politics, movies or books. Something meaningful. Being knowledgeable on comics means nothing, impresses no one.
>>
File: 1425677957596 - Copy.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425677957596 - Copy.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
>>91271426
It's the "nerd culture" thing.

If you like one scifi thing or video games or what have you, you're now expected to like everything related. This is how you get people being "fans" of stuff like Doctor Who and Star Trek and comics and all manner of stuff despite having barely been exposed to any of that stuff.

People want to be fans of as many things as possible, so only have a surface level appreciation for any of those things. It's uncommon for someone to be a Star Trek superfan and know everything about it these days. We have access to more content instantly than ever in human history. You can watch any episode of Star Trek on your phone anywhere on the continent within seconds. We're so used to instant gratification that no one wants to spend the time to really dig into one thing.

It makes sense, humans are social animals. The majority of people consume media for the social aspect and to be part of a conversation or zeitgeist rather than to enjoy the art as a means unto itself.

And it's not even that people are lying per se. They absorb information through cultural osmosis, just through discussion here, and they genuinely believe that this is as good as actually experiencing the art. They're not even aware of what they're doing. It's the definition of memetic. Opinions and beliefs just spread through discussion. You get someone talking in a thread like they're an expert on the subject (they may or may not actually be), and others just absorb their opinions and information and then in another thread repeat the opinions and information as if they're their own, and the cycle continues.

And people DO do the same thing with other subjects. It's what SJWs and /pol/ are all about.

We've truly passed from the Information Age to the Meme Age now. Social media (including 4chan) has replaced Wikipedia and editorials. It's all about soundbites and information that can be summed up in 140 characters or less.
>>
>>91270249

This.

My Boyfriend is a huge Marveldrone, but hasn't touched a single Marvel Comic (good for him I guess)

Also those "geeks" only prefer modern, edgy stuff and can't get into anything thats before the bronzen age.
>>
>>91271742
Cap'd for truth.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.