[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you write the joker so he isn't lame and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (792KB, 1500x2336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
792KB, 1500x2336px
How would you write the joker so he isn't lame and edgy for the sake of it?
>>
>>91252249
like the BTAS Joker
>>
Make him a normal clown who just happens to be a criminal.
>>
>>91252249
make him fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4zlC8jAISk
>>
>>91252286
>>91252351
These.
Make him humorous while also murderous. Give him threatening yet zany schemes. Don't just make him a killer; get creative with it.
>>
>>91252249
Make him genuinely funny and witty like in TAS and The Batman.
>>
the jester, pee pee in spageety
>>
He's a fucking clown-themed serial killer, the only time when he wasn't was when the CCA was strictly enforced.

I know /co/ stands for Contrarianism, but I really wish you'd all stop being a bunch of #triggered babies over the Joker, a fucking multiple murderer career criminal with a grisly gimmick.

Even in his very first appearance, he wasn't "the Joker" because he cracked Joker, he was the Joker cuz he had a fuckin' crazy grin and chalk-white skin, and because he left said grin on his victims.

You can say "NUH UH H-H-HE WAS JUST A JEWEL THIEF!", but he still fuckin' murdered the people he robbed just to prove he could, and in a particularly nasty way.
>>
>>91252562
*cracked jokes, not cracked Joker.
>>
File: 1463034343595.jpg (50KB, 640x480px)
1463034343595.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
Way I see it, there's only one proper way to handle the Joker
>>
joker was toned down from his initial appearance by like 1942 way before the cca. constantly escalating murder isn't very sustainable i guess
>>
>>91252249
>lame
that can be fixed
>edgy
the very concept of a killer clown is edgy, anon.
>>
>>91252249
Less "oo scary killer clown so unpredictable and creepy" and more "actual clown"
>>
>>91252249
Make him a Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin kinda guy. He looks dapper and has the attitude of a guy from the 50s.

Less of "hoohoh I can see the INsAniTy" and more of a "bussiness as usual" attitude.

I mean, sure, you can drop some more "edgy" stuff in there, but don't overdo it.
>>
BTAS Joker basically. Still a murderer, but humorous and zany. He should be like a mentally ill performance artist. Snyder makes him a straight up Jigsaw rip off and forces the edge waaaay too much.
>>
File: 1426921141953.jpg (42KB, 510x427px) Image search: [Google]
1426921141953.jpg
42KB, 510x427px
He does random ass shit like replace gasoline thought a city with coco cola and puts the misplaced gasoline in pudding cups or something. He should just be some random, boring accountant who will randomly thought the year put makeup on and go do some crazy shit, get away with, and go back to daily life like he never did anything.
>>
Stop treating him as 1) insane (at least insane the way comics usually portray it) and 2) a serial killer.

Treat him as more of a gangster. Yes, he kills, but don't have him kill just for the sake of a body count or because it's a "joke."

That's it. If you have him kill anyone, it's either because you wronged him/got in his way or because he's sending you a message.

That's what I would do.
>>
>>91252286
>>91252351
These two.
>>
>>91252249
Less edgy and lol randum and more like a mentally unwell mob boss. Not unwell as in generic "crazy" but just out of touch with reality.
The Smiling Fish is a good example of how I like a Joker story to go. He goes into that patent office genuinely thinking he's got a great fucking plan to make millions.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2011-11-19-16h27m35s93.png (79KB, 319x332px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2011-11-19-16h27m35s93.png
79KB, 319x332px
>>91252249
Like Papi Boulevardez from Proud family. Just an senile old man, always luaghing to himself. Put him in a retirement home under a false name. Have a batgirl/Robin character work as a nurse or volunteer there who is slowly finding out his identity.

Not sure if this counts as edgey but have his scemes be a lot smaller and slower. Like Joker discovers a crooked lawyer trying to scam the retired ppl (better call Saul situation) and you have the whole comic dragging an account unit up the fridge. Last page is him pushing it off and landing on the lawyer.
>>
Write him as a mobster pre-clown joker that still has the humor to make it work.

Probably been done before though.
>>
>>91257431
I like to believe he really didn't think it'd work, just wanting a chance to completely fuck with that guy.
>>
The Joker as he currently potrayed is at best a Chimera of different existing Jokers. Is the problem with the joker.

Take the current Joker as an example, its literally heath ledgers joker, but hey we attached some traits of animated series joker. like harley quinn. and hes a cholo now. for reasons.

But hey, we could look at other jokers instead. just one bad apple right?
nope. john dimaggio joker is just shittier hamill joker with dimaggio doing dimaggio voices. oh and he likes to burn shit like fucking ledger joker too. that was a great idea im glad it worked out after all.

young justice joker is shitty ledger joker but looks like emo hamill joker.

Brave and the bold joker is 60s/scooby doo joker. Needs more edge.

Basically DC and WB are literally retarded. They forgot the Cholo thing died in like 2004.

There have been 4 original jokers. Ever.

Original Joker.
Hamill Joker.
The Batman Joker.
and ledger joker.

although im not including comics
because im not a fucking nerd.
>>
File: dqJ4x.png (355KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
dqJ4x.png
355KB, 625x790px
>>91262145

>tries to talk deep about a comic book character
>dismisses comics books
>>
>>91262219
well guess what fucker

I'm willing to wager comics don't deviate much either. seeing as these bullshit iterations are derived from said comics.
>>
quit making him queer for batman and vice versa.

otherwise this>>91252933 ought to happen eventually.
>>
>>91262145
Congratulations on making the dumbest comment in the thread.
>>91252249
All they have to do is stop putting him in stories where he doesn't make sense, and stop marketing him towards the edgy crowd. He's supposed to have some grace about him. Making him crazy for the sake of crazy is the only flaw in modern iterations of the character.
>>
>>91252249
Joker wasn't a serial killer, the thing with Joker was that he wasn't killing every person close to him, he wanted to play with batman or something else. A serial killer kills cause he likes to murder, that's his main interest.

I'd like a Joker as in Arkham City, BTAS's older brother or like he was in Dark Knight but a bit more ...clown.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.