[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Uncle Ben or "Great Power…" Mantra In Spider-Man:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 31

>We thought that, to keep this fun, light tone, as soon as they have to have their, like, 'Let's remember our dearly departed father figure' -- it derails that a little

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/03/uncle-ben-role-spider-man-homecoming-revealed/
>>
>>91249801
Disney strikes again.
>>
>>91249801
of course the mantra's not it we already had it in the very first first spiderman movie

they'll put it in but make it different like the second first spiderman movie

I bet Tony's gonna give it
>>
"Does he have to get bitten by a Spider? Spiders are icky and we do want female viewers."
>>
Good. I don't want another one of these. Just jump right into action, I don't want any more origin hints.

Everybody knows what Spider-Man is about anyway.
>>
>>91249801
Cutting out Ben?
As in he doesn't exist or his death won't be shown, even in flashback?

This is going too far, Disney.
>>
>>91250375
>action.

He's not allowed to punch in this movie.
>>
File: tryughijk.png (405KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
tryughijk.png
405KB, 500x397px
No Daily Bugle either

>there’s at least one Marvel institution, one particularly close to Spider-Man, that will not be featured in Spider-Man: Homecoming and that’s the Daily Bugle, the New York City tabloid within the Marvel Universe that employed Peter Parker as a photographer for his pictures of Spider-Man.
>"...if we do do a Daily Bugle, we want to do it in a way that feels contemporary…"

meanwhile there will be more Iron Man stuff in the movie
>>91249041
>>
>>91250355
Pony-Man?
>>
>>91250436
so?

he didn't punch in Civil War either
>>
>>91250300
> I HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME SHIT REGURGITATED IN EVERY FUCKING MOVIE, ORIGIN INCLUDED

I'm as autistic as they come here and even I pity you
>>
>>91249801
>No Uncle Ben or "Great Power…" Mantra
>>91250461
>No Daily Bugle either
>>91250436
>He's not allowed to punch
...what was this movie about again?
>>
>>91249801
And the Raimi Series just keeps getting better.
>>
And just when the last trailer brought some hype back to me.

What the fuck Marvel/Sony?
>>
>>91250496
>No Daily Bugle either
You have two choices.
1. No Daily Bugle
2. Someone other than JK Simmons playing JJJ

Which is going to bring down a bigger shitstorm
>>
>>91250461
Real reason, they can't get an actor as good as J.K. Simmons.
>>
>>91250436
So he'll swing and kick a bunch?
Will there also be a vampire who craves Plasma?
>>
>>91250461
>>"...if we do do a Daily Bugle, we want to do it in a way that feels contemporary…"
Fuck. God no contemporary almost always means cringy as fuck attempts to be hip.
>>
>>91250496
>...what was this movie about again?

Well...
>Iron Man/Tony Stark in a major supporting role
>Happy Hogan
>Pepper Potts (rumoured)
>Tony creates all of Spider-Man's gadgets, costumes, etc… including a Jarvis system which he talks to like Iron Man does
>Vulture becomes a villain because of Stark and is more-or-less an Iron Man villain in this universe

The movie is about Iron Man and his amazing side-kick Spider-Man
>>
>>91250530
>Will there also be a vampire who craves Plasma?
"Sup Morbo" "DON'T CALL ME THAT"
>>
>>91250524
>2. Someone other than JK Simmons playing JJJ
JK Simmons is the perfect JJJ, there's no way to top it, the only thing they can do at this point is turning the character into a sexy angry MILF.
>>
>>91250547
>The movie is about Iron Man and his amazing side-kick Spider-Man
It's like you never saw any of the Wolverine-Men movies
>>
>>91250547
>is more-or-less an Iron Man villain in this universe

Wrong.
>>
>>91249801
Course they're not gonna have uncle Ben. This isn't another origin story, he was already active for some time before Civil War.
>>
>>91250565
>JK Simmons is the perfect JJJ

Look, as shit as /tv/'s tastes are, when they do "perfect casting" threads Simmons takes top and no one dares disagree, regardless of genre
>>
>>91250547
I don't mind any of those.

>Stark comes up with "friendly neighborhood spider-man"
Now that makes me mad.
>>
File: 1485915866283.png (238KB, 591x447px) Image search: [Google]
1485915866283.png
238KB, 591x447px
>>91250461
>No Uncle Ben
>No JJJ
>More RDJ for some reason
They can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>91250570
>movies about a group of mutants, one of which is the most popular
>the same as a movie about two superheroes with virtually nothing in common
>>
>>91250571
>Toomes is less than thrilled when a government-backed company, owned by Tony Stark, takes over his contract (after some sort of accident). Backing up Vulture are Shocker and The Tinkerer, played by Bokeem Woodbine and Michael Chernus. Now out of work, Vulture and his ragtag crew of ex-employees begin reconfiguring all the weird alien tech they've found over the years into weapons too powerful for local law enforcement to handle.

His origin is therefore directly tied to and triggered by Stark
>>
>>91250603
That's because he was basically perfect for JJJ and has been the voice of the character for years now in the animated stuff.
>>
>>We don't want Spider-Man.
>>We want an irresponsible quipster idiot.
>>
>>91250611
>I don't mind any of those.
OK, so now Peter Parker is a kid with completely average intelligence who got lucky and has nothing else going for him. At this point shouldn't it just be Miles?
>>
>>91250593
>Spider-Man 2
>Uncle Ben is revealed have been killed during the alien invasion
>there's footage of Iron Man accidentally killing him
>>
>>91249801
Just say that it's Iron Man 4.
>>
>>91250659
>there's footage of Iron Man accidentally killing him
Fund it.
>>
>>91250642
His origin is tied to Damage Control, which is vaguely tied to Stark.
>>
>>91250655
>At this point shouldn't it just be Miles?
>also has Ganke
Good. Bendis' OC getting BLEACHED.
>>
>>91250642
I was already bothered by the amount of tony I was seeing in the first trailer and how much an impact he was supposed to be having on Spidey. But it seems to be a little over the top now.
>>
>>91250667
>Just say that it's Iron Man 6.
>>
>>91250603
Broken clocks are right at least twice a day.

Only thing that keeps Simmons from being perfect is we never get a private scene where he admits part of his hatred of Spiderman is his feelings of inadequacy. Which admittedly would be a lot harder to do seriously in a movie than a comic.
>>
File: XXXcelsior.jpg (164KB, 556x532px) Image search: [Google]
XXXcelsior.jpg
164KB, 556x532px
>"I'm your uncle now" - Tony
>>
>>91250654
>quipster
THAT IS SPIDER-MAN AND HAS BEEN SINCE BEFORE YOUR PARENTS MET YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>91250423
Disney hates father figures. It's evident if you saw the new BatB
>>
File: CteMZ.jpg (208KB, 999x985px) Image search: [Google]
CteMZ.jpg
208KB, 999x985px
>>Spider-Man is no longer motivated through the guilt of Uncle Ben's death.
>>He's not motivated for the fame of becoming an Avenger.
>>Spider-Man is now a glory hound
>>Nobody would care cause they just want to see Spider-Man quip with the Avengers.
>>
>>91250655
He still built the web shooters and fluid on his own
>>
>retreading all this Spiderman lore we've seen a dozen times

Good. We all already know this shit; there's no reason why they need to waste time on it.
>>
>>91250655
>creates the web fluid and builds the webshooters
>Attends a elite school for geniuses and excels despite his responsabilities as Spider-Man

>average intelligence
>>
>>91250706
HIS QUIPPING MUST BE TEMPERED WITH AN GENERAL SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND/OR INSECURITY!
>>
>>91250738
>there's no reason why they need to waste time on it.
They don't need to.

Just a montage during the opening credits would've sufficed. They already did something similar in the Incredible Hulk.
>>
>>91250738
>retreading all the key aspects of Spiderman lore which defines the character

I agree that not everything needs to be redone, but Id rather see the MCU's take on those elements than replacing them all with Stark
>>
the mark of a good spider-man story is the theme of peter's responsibilities and the sacrifices he must make in order to maintain them being present anyway, you don't constantly need to retread the mantra

"with great power comes great responsibility" is more than a great quote, it's the foundation of the character, and it doesn't need to be repeated verbatim if the story nails peter's characterization
>>
>>91250798
This. Having Iron Man be the core of Spider-Man is pretty insulting.

Not to mention, in a decade when people rewatch the MCU, they're going to be baffled as to why Spider-Man skips his origins.
>>
>>91249801
>>91250461
I can understand not going with the full blown origin this time round but I get a horrible feeling that they're trying so hard to distance themselves from the Raimi and ASM movies they'll just skip most of the classic spider-man material all together.

>No Bugle
>Flash a rich, academic rival
>Not-Ganke
>Barely any of the side-cast except Liz and Brant
>Iron-man everywhere

At this point was it even worth getting the Spider-man back?
They could have just done all this and changed the rest of the names.
>>
>>91250835
>>91250798
I buy Iron Man being some kind of inspiration, but making Peter super hero life revolve around him is fucking disgusting.
>>
>we have removed all the characteristics of Ditko's Spider-Man so we don't have to pay royalties to him
>but boss, Ditko never wanted royalties!
>...
>>
>>91249801
>We thought that, to keep this fun, light tone
>what we're trying to tell is this sort of fun story
>it stops becoming a fun movie about a kid trying to be a kid.
That one anon on /v/ was right, fun is a buzzword and you've allowed it to do this.
>>
>>91250849
Hell, it kind of makes Iron Man his Uncle Ben.
>>
>>91250883
SHUT UP!!!!!!

I FUCKING SWEAR IF TONY DIES IN INFINITY WAR FOR SOMETHING PETER COULD'VE STOPPED AND GIVES THE POWER-RESPONSIBILITIES SPEECH I'LL FUCKING RAPE KEVIN FEIGE!
>>
>>91249801
>completely removing the central theme of the franchise for the sake of "fun"
Fun-fags need to be hunted down and shot. Shit like this is why Teen Titans Go is the only thing that plays on CN now.
>>
>>91250976
>Nolan will never make a Spider-Man Noir movie ;_;
>>
>http://comicbook.com/2017/04/03/jarvis-returns-spider-man-homecoming-costume/

>As learned by ScreenRant, Stark’s version of the Spider-Man costume will have many different features that are locked away behind the ‘Training Wheels’ protocol, meant to guide Parker through some baby steps on his way to becoming a full-fledged hero.

>Asked if Spider-Man’s costume will feature a voice speaking to him inside the mask, producer Eric Carroll responded positively.

>“He does. Which surprises him, because he doesn’t until Tony deactivates that… deactivates the [Training Wheels] protocol,” Carroll said. “So the suit starts doing a bunch of stuff. You know, it does a holographic interface, and things like that.”

>“But probably most notably, it starts talking to him, and he goes, ‘Oh, this is weird.’ And he starts asking it stuff, but he’s not super slick or Tony Stark smart, who invented the OS and did all this. He’s a kid,” Carroll elaborated. “So he’s like, ‘Um, how do I get to where that thing is?’ And it’s like, ‘Um, I don’t know. Pretty much drive? How are you going to get there?’ And he’s like, ‘Um, if I didn’t have a car, let’s just say, how would I get there?’ And it’s like, ‘Well, if you walk…’ And he’s like, ‘No, OK, alright… I guess just give me directions and I’ll figure out the HOW I’m getting there.’”

The more I hear about this movie the worse it gets
>>
>>91249801
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>spiderman would be so much better as a Marvel propert-
>>
>>91249801
I'm hearing a lot of weird stuff about this movie, but I'm still reserving my judgment until it actually comes out.
>>
well spiderman 2 also took a lot of liberties with a certain mechanical-armed villain and it turned out pretty good
>>
File: b8nkeckjxcpy.jpg (41KB, 480x534px) Image search: [Google]
b8nkeckjxcpy.jpg
41KB, 480x534px
>>
The only thing more stupid than this shit, is the idiots defending it.
>>
>>91251179
>Spider-Robin
Stark might be a cunt, but Bruce is cuntier.
>>
>>91250524
Even ASM at least had the Bugle exist and referenced it. From the sounds of the interview it seems like they want to make it an internet blog or something.
>>
>>91251246
it will be a Buzzfeed knock-off or something.

>10 Reasons Why Spider-Man Is A Menace
>>
>>91251238
No. And it's not up for debate.
>>
>>91251009
Jesus Christ, this sounds genuinely terrible.
>>
>>91251179
>>
>>91251009
I don't know what's worse, the fact that this film is looking like it'll be bad or the fact that Spider-Fags will proclaim it the best Spider-Man film.
>>
>>91249801
>Quip Stark shows up
>Listen Spider Guy
>audience chuckles
>Your uncle died because he probably tried to stop a guy stealing milk or something
>audience laughs
>I-it didn't happen like that!
>audience is exasperated
>Whatever you say underoos
>the audience laughs so hard some are rushed to hospital
>>
File: COnfused peter.png (192KB, 507x361px) Image search: [Google]
COnfused peter.png
192KB, 507x361px
>>Tony: "Alright kid, pull your pants down"
>>Peter: "Mr. Stark...I-I-I don't know-"
>>Tony: "Come on Frodo, it's time to be bottom bitch"
>>Peter stares in confusion.
>>Tony: "...Frodo? Like Lord of the Rings? That film trilogy-look, nevermind-"
>>
>>91250436
>He's not allowed to punch in this movie.
wat
>>
You remember in the 90's when a franchise was translated to film and they butchered everything about said franchise?

THIS is what this film feels like.
>>
>>91251283
Yes. And it's not up for debate.
>>
>>91251233
>S-shut up! It's just like the Ditko comics you idiot! You know, the ones where he was bullied by an Indian, had a young aunt, a suit with black basketball lines and uncle Tony!
>>
>>91251544
>You remember in the 90's when
don't you have anything better to do with your time grandpa?
>>
>>91249801
Reminder that Uncle Ben telling Peter that was a Raimi invention.

Also
>complain it's going to be an origin movie
>movie doesn't feature emblematic origin story
>still complain
>>
>>91250461
>contemporary
Daily Buggfeed?
>>
File: The fat one.png (613KB, 792x348px) Image search: [Google]
The fat one.png
613KB, 792x348px
>>Predicted he'd be the annoying fat kid from the first trailer.
>>Ends up the annoying fat kid.

The fact that people have so much blind faith in this film just tells me how delusional Spider-Man fans are.
>>
>>91249801
Why is it that every new tidbit we see or hear about Homecoming makes it sound like it is going to be a train wreck?
>>
Why is this particular movie so full of this shit when everything else went smoothly?
>>
The salt is glorious.

To bump limit we go!
>>
>>91251740
it's not blind faith, it's desperation
>>
>>91251926
Or just denial. The fact that every dipshit from Double Toasted to Movieblob thinks that this film is going to be the best film of the year just shows how delusional Spider-Man fans are.
>>
>>91249801
>No uncle ben
Why is this a bad thing? We don't need to see his origin again for the third time.
>>
>>91252024
Without the presence of Uncle Ben, our Spider-Man is just
>>Oh Mr. Stark, can I join the Avengers? I hear they make a lot of money!
>>
>>91252024
>>91252065
It's not like he doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>91252065
Uncle Ben wasn't in Spider-man 2 or 3 either.

This is not a Spidey origin story. He's already Spider-man; he already had his Uncle Ben moment. You don't need Ben in every single Spider-man story.
>>
>>91250492
Kek, Spider-Man is with great power comes great responsibility. Without that it's not even Spider-Man.
>>
>>91249801
You don't need to rehash his origin every fucking time. Nothing whatsoever wrong about this. Or do you bitches complain about not having Uncle Ben flashbacks in every arc in the comics too.
>>
>>91252024
There's a difference between
>skipping showing the origin
and
>ignoring Uncle Ben ever existed
Spectacular basically did it right.
The only referenced it briefly in flashback at the start but that they kept the obvious influence it had on Peter.
>>
>>91252118
Um...actually, Uncle Ben WAS in both Spider-Man 2 and 3. In 2 he had that heavenly talk with Peter where Peter gets on of the car on him, and 3 has him get shot by Sandman.
>>
>>91252154
Are you fucking retarded?

>They talk about [Ben], absolutely. It's not... it's not a huge thing that I want to go into too much, but there is an acknowledgment that there was a Ben,” Carroll said. “He's not around anymore, for sure. They talk about that. We don't go into any specifics. ... We're implying he's dead. We have not at all, again, gone into trying to change his origin story.”

They don't ignore him; he's just not in the movie.
>>
I don't get why everyone is so down on this movie.
>>
>>91249801
Good. I've seen two spider-man origin story movies. We all know that great responsibility comes with great power, lets just get on with it please.
>>
File: fucking rehash.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fucking rehash.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>91252148
>You don't need to rehash his origin every fucking time.
this

and this is why Marvel will always be better than DC
>>
>>91252245
Is that a scene from a particular comic they're referencing? Or did the movie literally just rip it from the show?
>>
>>91252245
Have a cent.
>>
>>91249801
Uncle Ben looks like Jack Kirby.
J Jonah Jameson looks like Stan Lee

What did Ditko mean by this?
>>
>>91252280
pretty much the second one
>>
>>91252302
He was simply giving credit to two men with more talent than himself.
>>
>>91250712
>Disney hates father figures
>GotG2's B-plot is all about father-son relationships

Try again.
>>
>>91252339
Maybe this is my ignorance, but what evidence is there of Lee having a shred of talent? The only titles I know he had his name on were as a co-writer with someone like Kirby or Ditko who have a lot of great solo work.
Regardless of whether or not you're trolling.
>>
File: ashit.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ashit.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>Pete will play bitch boy to Tony till Infinity War Part1
>Iron Spider
>Steve tells Pete to man up
>By Part 2 Pete will have his own costume and a new mentor
>>
>>91252457
Lee defined Pete's personality.

If Dikto had full control over Spidey he'd go full edgy instead of the quipster he is.
>>
>>91252510
So, mediocre writer at best, but a good editor?
>>
>>91252457
That was probably a troll comment, but this whole "Stan Lee was talentless" meme is retarded. Kirby and Ditko may have carried him, but he still came up with the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-man, and (to an extent) the Avengers. Even with them helping, that's no small feat. And with the Marvel Method, he was also doing the dialogue, which is where we still draw the characterization for many of those characters.

Compare that with someone like Bendis, who is also consistently carried by amazing artists. Bendis's books look great, but the writing (ESPECIALLY the dialogue) rarely impresses.

Also, outside of creative output, Lee did great work as the face of Marvel. Without his knack for PR, they probably wouldn't be where they are now.
>>
>>91251282
I'd buy it. That's where yellow journalism fled in the 21st century, and that's what JJJ was making fun of.
>>
File: jjj.jpg (31KB, 377x469px) Image search: [Google]
jjj.jpg
31KB, 377x469px
>>91252566
>he still came up with the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-man, and (to an extent) the Avengers
>>
>>91250436

But what about the pigeons?
>>
>>91252597
Good rebuttal.
>>
>>91249801
>2017
>responsability

FUCK OFF, SJW
>>
All the people at Marvel in the 60s were great creatives at the top of their game
>>
>>91251500
People are making shit up, like usual.
>>
>>91252565
Sure.
>>
>>91249801
>>91250354
>>91250423
>>91250461
>>91250496
>>91250527
It's not in it because this is a Miles movie starring Peter.
>>
Not that I'm complaining about the lack of Ben (it's been done a couple times...) But, a lighter tone? Michael Keaton said he was going to kill Peter and everyone he loved and that's just in the trailer...
>>
I don't get the "Lee sucks, he's a thief" meme.

I'm actually reading old mags and seeing Lee talking about stuff and he literally sucks Kirby's and Dikto's cocks and how amazing is working with them.
>>
>>91252213
If they didn't put so much emphasis on not doing anything the past movies just for the sake of it, or the heavy emphasis on Tony's mentorship I'd have more faith.
>>
>>91252824
Ok, but what does that have to do with what I said? You (or some anon) said they were ignoring Uncle Ben, while that's straight up false.
>>
>>91252668
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1583060/why-spider-man-wont-actually-punch-villains-in-homecoming

>Every decision we make on set is based off how would a kid react in this situation, so every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so he never actually punches anyone. It's all done kind of by accident. I think the biggest difference is his youth and innocence.
>>
>>91252914
What are they smoking?! Have they ever seen kids smack each other?
>>
>>91249801
Thank god. Every time they parrot that grimderp shit it makes me cringe. This isn't fucking DC. We're better than that.
>>
All we need is a cheesy dance number at the Homecoming Dance, and this film will solidify itself as bad.
>>
>>91252914
Okay, I retract my previous statement: also, this is retarded.
>>
>>91250655
Miles has always been the one true spiderman
>>
>>91252855
More on the whole 'we don't want to focus on it because we want it to be fun' attitude they displayed, which endangers the very core themes of the character.

But yes, I chose over exaggerated wording for greentext. I offer you my most sincerest apologies.
>>
>>91253117
Fair enough.

But I wouldn't say that focusing on Uncle Ben is the core of his character. Responsibility is, and you can still have that without actually saying the line. They didn't say it in TASM either (they danced around it, which is even worse, imo) and that wasn't the problem with the movie.
>>
>>91252914
It feels like the driving question for most of these choices seems to be 'what would appeal most to the kids?'

What are the chances this will all fail critically (let's face it this movie couldn't sink if they threw an iceberg at it) and there'll be such a backlash that they'll reverse all these stupid decisions and actually pay attention to the source material for the sequels.
>>
>>91251348
Fuck you DShitter. Spider-man and Iron Man are the greatest heroes of all time and I thank god every day that he's getting a movie made by the greatest filmmakers in history. Marvel has never made a bad movie and this will be their best yet.
>>
>>91253238
>What are the chances this will all fail critically

0.0%. Doctor Strange was just Iron Man and it was treated as the best thing ever. Beauty and the Beast was shit and it got praised to high heaven. Disney has enough money to pay all the critics they want.
>>
>>91253252
this but unironically

you have no idea how happy I am that the Avengers are the new iconic superhero team and the justice league get to rot in obscurity
>>
>>91253320
Here fucking here.
>>
>>91253300
>Disney only succeeds because they praise critics
Jesus you people are delusional. WB, Sony, and Fox aren't poor -- if it was really so simple, they could pay critics too.
>>
>>91253179
But Uncle Ben is central to how the comics established those themes.

Maybe they'll find their own way around it but nothing in recent interviews indicate that. They seem far more concerned with trying to relate to young audiences and make a coming of age/90's 'who am I?' sort of movie.

They don't actually seem interested in using anything from the source material except for a couple of names and the costume.
>>
File: a billion by March.png (107KB, 261x435px) Image search: [Google]
a billion by March.png
107KB, 261x435px
>>91253300
>Beauty and the Beast was shit
literally EVERYONE disagrees with you
>>
>>91253377
Did you not read the fucking quote? We've already talked about this:

>They talk about [Ben], absolutely. It's not... it's not a huge thing that I want to go into too much, but there is an acknowledgment that there was a Ben,” Carroll said. “He's not around anymore, for sure. They talk about that. We don't go into any specifics. ... We're implying he's dead. We have not at all, again, gone into trying to change his origin story.”
>>
>>91253478
That's almost exactly what Batman vs Superman made.
>>
>>91253300
It has nothing to donwith paying critics Disney has created a cultural zeitgeist where they can't fail using a combination of nostalgia, savvy advertising/branding, and a few actually good movies made by talented people that prop it all up. Woth this zeitgeist you are a contrarian if you dislike the stuff because it becomes commonly accepted that it's good before it even comes out. It's much cheaper and much more effective.
>>
>>91253478
>April 3
>$874m
>a billion by March

Anon, you need to rename your files
>>
>>91250423
Since Marisa Tomei is May who would be Ben? Christian Slater?
>>
>>91253320
Here's a cent for you, shill.
>>
>>91251713
12 Times Spider-Man Was a Menace. You Won't BELIEVE Number 4!
>>
>>91253670
>>91252281
>everyone who I disagree with only does so because they're getting paid
>>
>>91251617
At the dmv so no
>>
>>91252280
>>91252322
It's a common scene in literally anything that involves a prison.
>>
>>91253771
All they have is worthless shit so they need these desperate fantasies to feel better. Have a little pity.
>>
>>91253694
11 things you wish you didn't know about Spider-Man!
>>
>>91253771
>>91253967
My apologies, I thought you had been promoted to Paid Intern, Unpaid Intern.
>>
>>91253658
Mel Gibson
>>
>>91249801
Okay real talk. We need that speech again like we needed to see Martha Wayne get shot again in slow motion. We all know the song and dance, so let's skip over it.
>>
>>91253658
Sean Bean
>>
>>91254182
Oh, I'm pretty sure we'll have the speech, it'll just be Tony delivering it, same as how Tony is the one that made Peter some nifty shit because apparently it's unrealistic if Peter does that shit in his small room at Aunt May's.
>>
>>91249801
We had this shit twice already, and is in literally every other adaption of the character. It's as overused as Batman's dead parents, I'm glad they're not tacking it on here again.
>>
>>91254255
I don't mind them not including the actual phrase, as long as they get that the idea is Spider-Man's whole motivation (which is touched upon in Civil War) but their REASONING for not including it is fucking idiotic.
>We can't have "great responsibility" line because it derails the fun light tone
WHAT? Raimi's movies were pretty fun and light but still had heavier moments. This is so fucking dumb.
Something that's stuck with Spider-Man since his creation is that his life is seriously fucking shit, and he somehow stays light-hearted and funny. You don't have to make the world around him a fucking cartoon too.
>>
>>91254405
>We can't have "great responsibility" line because it derails the fun light tone
That explains why GotG was LELSORANDUMB
>>
File: 1489709589201.jpg (347KB, 634x649px) Image search: [Google]
1489709589201.jpg
347KB, 634x649px
>>91250461
Christ, the Bugle is gonna be some website instead of a paper? Even ASM did the Bugle right.
>>
>>91254516
You can dislike the tone but there was nothing random about the humor.
And before you jump to "memeoff bro", that was set up earlier in the movie.
>>
>>91254596
I'm not really seeing what's wrong with that. The Buggle was always physical click bait.
>>
>>91254596
If I recall, wasn't Peter the one who managed the Daily Bugle website in the ultimate comics?
>>
>>91250461
>if we do do a Daily Bugle, we want to do it in a way that feels contemporary…"

MCU buzzfeed here we come
>>
has there ever been a good movie with an awful trailer??

Ive seen terrible movies that had great trailers
and bad movies with bad trailers
but what about a good movie with a bad trailer??
asking for a friend
>>
They're just making this iteration of Peter super unlikeable so they can kill him off faster and replace him with Miles.

Mark my words it will happen, it's so fucking obvious.
>>
>>91250300
>It can't be Marvel's fault!
Is that you Marvel editorial?
>>
>Ben dies
>"Well, at least I can have his extra orange slices!"
>Audience laughs and starts clapping
>Clapping becomes so raucous that theaters have to install new sound-dampening technology
>>
>>91254763
edge of tomorrow?
>>
>>91254763
kung fu panda
>>
>>91254865
...not a bad pick actually.
Hopefully Spider-Man 6 is okay. Ill probably skip it till it comes out on netflix though.
>>
>>91254763
Most good comedies have trailers that make them look like Adam Sandler movies
>>
>>91249801
give the full rights back to sony!
>>
>>91254662
>there was nothing random about the humor
No, it was very intellectual, like LE EBIN DANCE OFF X-DDDD
>>
>>91254985
forget that give them to WB

PUT SPIDEY IN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE WHERE HE BELONGS
>>
>>91251995
Its not really Spider-man fans at that point. The MCU and Rotten Tomatoes has conditioned everyone to believe they can do no wrong.
>>
>>91255034
Fund it.
>>
>>91254858
>Despite featuring a white lead SM Homecoming manages to prove comic book movies can be great, and a shining example the rest of the industry should look up to. RDJ breaks the ice with his charisma we all know and love all the while taking Spider-Man as an apprentice in the ways of the Avengers. The story feels very generic but the comedy makes up for the entirety of it, and it guarantees you will leave the theater with a huge grin and inflated heart. HORK HORK HORK HORK HORK HORK
>>
>>91255030
Nobody claimed it was intellectual, fact remains that if you thought the dance-off was random you managed to be too dumb for that movie.
Quite an achievement.
>>
>>91253860
Yeah, that's true. But they're still doing EXACTLY the same scene as the previous adaptation. I'm not saying that the TV show is the originator of it, but you'd think the movie would maybe try to do something different.
>>
>>91255504
Maybe they are paying homage to it, you know acknowledging it's existence and all.
>>
>>91255256
>Despite featuring a white lead

I know this is just an exaggeration, but people are going to bitch on and on about Miles Morales not being in the MCU.
>>
>>91255679
Nah, they are going to bitch why Peter Parker can't be portrayed by a black actor, they don't really care about Miles.
>>
>>91252812
>I'm actually reading old mags and seeing Lee talking about stuff and he literally sucks Kirby's and Dikto's cocks and how amazing is working with them.
Yeah Stan was always praising those guys in readers' mail, the issues only came when they tried to claim they were the sole creators.
>>
>>91253300
>Beauty and the Beast was shit and it got praised to high heaven.
Not by everyone. I was listening to French radio and critics were going on about how uninspired and charmless it was. Except one guy who the others basically called an Ameriboo because he liked it.
They also made fun of the gay scene for being incredibly tame compared to the controversy.

Of course it's still at the top of the box office here, but it's nice to see some people see through the bullshit.
>>
>>91256103
Did they also point out how they had black nobles, how none of the black people in the movie was remotely antagonistic and that one of the townspeople that attacked the castle found his calling as a trans woman (ok the latter one was obviously a joke though)?
>>
>>91255550
or maybe they're just ripping it off because they're shitty untalented fucking hacks
>>
>>91256208
Well the glass is either half full or half empty, ain't it?
Honestly that scene is "dramatic prison visit 101"
>>
>>91252914
>child friendly fights
what
WHAT
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. That is the dumbest line of thought I've heard all day, That's an oxymoron for morons.
>>
File: k8GCts7.gif (2MB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
k8GCts7.gif
2MB, 512x256px
>tfw every bit of Spider-Man Homecoming news and footage
>>
>>91256019
>Yeah Stan was always praising those guys in readers' mail, the issues only came when they tried to claim they were the sole creators.
I'll be honest, Ditko seems like a fucking faggot, and he wants to take all the credit for Spiderman. It really did take the both of him, and while Stan didn't want to admit that he was a co-creator at first he wound up admitting it.

Going by Ditko I can see why he was hesitant, the guy seems like a huge baby, and any concession to him seems like he'd want to rub it in your face, or go even further with it while insulting you.
>>
>>91250546
There's a wy to do it that's not cringy but funny.

Have JK Simmons come back as JJJ who hires Peter. Peter keeps trying to change the Daily Bugle to be more modern but JJJ doesn't understand because he's old and grumpy.

Yeah, we've seen it a million times, but I have faith that JK Simmons could make it work.
>>
>>91249801
we all fucking know it already dude, origin stories are boring.
>>
>>91256539
That would be totally cringy if hollywood tries it, b ecause he'd be trying to make it go from physical media to some shit like a bugle phone app. There would probably be memes involved.
>>
>>91253478
>argument ad populum
Didn't see the movie, saw the trailer, thought it looked shit, saying "BUT A LODDA PEEPLE SAW IT" isn't a good argument because i'm sure a fuckload of people saw 9/11 too, fuck you Zorak *le epic dance off zap
>>
>>91254405
>WHAT? Raimi's movies were pretty fun and light but still had heavier moments

No they fucking weren't, the first movie especially was somber and melodramatic. It only felt lighthearted because it was also hammy as fuck.
>>
>>91250461
How is the Daily Bugle not contemporary? Is the New York Times not a thing anymore?
>>
>>91252914
So, it's going to be like the '90's cartoon? Will Peter also follow Shocker to the ends of the Earth?
>>
>>91256204
No, I doubt they would have anyway but they only spent like a minute and a half talking about this movie.
>>
>>91253522
Yes but I'm focusing on the stated reason as to why they chose to do that; not to retread ground (understandable to a point) and to keep the tone light.

Yes they're keeping Ben's death in text but that's how they talk about it; textually.

There's no mention of the very relevant themes traditionally tied to Ben and his death and no real mention as to how what's usually focused on through Ben's death will make it through to this new film.

That's worrying and gives the impression that they're putting they're desire for their own ideas of their films identity above the actual storytelling.
>>
File: 1478382107233.jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1478382107233.jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>91256417
>he wants to take all the credit for Spiderman. It really did take the both of him
Unfortunate slip.

But yeah both Kirby and Ditko were a bit nuts. Great creative people though, but Stan deserves credit too.
>>
File: 1389160782815.jpg (18KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1389160782815.jpg
18KB, 640x360px
man fuck this movie
>>
>>91255679
I'd rather Miles have the movie and Peter a netflix series by how this one sounds.
>>
>>91249801
Jesusfuck they just neutered Spider-Man pretty badly.
>>
>>91253108
Fuck off, Bendis.
>>
File: image.png (66KB, 238x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66KB, 238x210px
>>91255679
In class a kid was talking to me about Spider-Man and he said he wished that Miles was the new Spider-Man and I flat out told him I thought he was boring.
>hfw cause I'm black
>>
>>91250715
>Amazing Spider-man #1 from the 60's, Spider-man wanted to become part of the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>91257958
He did it with the Avengers as well. But was told to hold off when he was found out to just be a sixteen year old kid.
>>
File: 1271744621204.jpg (44KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1271744621204.jpg
44KB, 560x400px
>>91249801
Needs to be in every Homecoming thread from now on.
>>
>>91249801
Are they implying Spider-Man 1 wasn't light and fun in tone?
>>
>>91249801
fuuuuuuuck
>>91250461
this has an excuse at least. newspapers have been anachronistic for decades
>>
Aside from the character of Spider-Man being in this movie, absolutely nothing about it feels like Spider-Man. What the actual fuck was Marvel thinking working with Sony?
>>
File: 1476561133312.jpg (64KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476561133312.jpg
64KB, 600x675px
Even the cartoons mention his death. ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN on DXD mentioned Uncle Ben. For fucks sake.

Superhero Squad was able to have a comic accurate Punisher and still made it appropriate for kids. Step up your game, Sony.
>>
>>91250681
Damage Control is his goddamn company. Fuck off shill.
>>
>>91250461
Daily Bugle TMZ edition
>>
>>91256712
How much of a pansy are to think the Raimi movies were "somber" and "melodramatic?" That shit was an all ages Superhero fare in tone. They had their dark moments, but nothing that was "somber."
>>
>>91253478
When are you imbeciles ever going to give a counter-argument that isn't a screenshot of an RT score or box office earnings?
>>
>>91249801
>>light

>>Vulture is like I'm gonna murder your whole family.

>>Stark is like you're a worthless piece of shit.

ok
>>
Regardless of their reason for not referencing it, atleast use a better PR term than that. Like, "its been done alot before so the audience is already quite aware."

These studio types are so detached. Do they really believe no one who will see this movie isn't atleast aware of Spidey's most famous tagline?
>>
>>91258583
>inb4 he mentions the crying and anger issues as if Ditko Spidey didn't have those
>>
>>91258499
>comic accurate
>uncomfortable 5 minute rant about brussel sprouts

Yeaaaaaah...
>>
>>91253658
Joe Pesci

gets whackedpoetry
>>
>>91249801
Uncle Ben and Aunt May are the two reasons Spiderman will never truly grow up and take REAL responsibility for his shit.

These two characters cripple any organic growth the character could ever have.
>>
>>91256696
Literally nothing you're saying makes sense.
>>
>>91258499
>another poster that can't read
The fucking link says they're acknowledging and mentioning his death. He's just not actually IN the movie.

How hard is that to understand?
>>
I don't even want to imagine what Disney is going to do with X-Men now
>>
>>91250496
Iron Man and DAMAGE CONTROL COMING SOON TO ABC
>>
>>91251009
This sounds positively awful. Why is everything Spider-Man so shit now? Please save us Insomniac
>>
>>91261523
Spider-Man started selling merch on an insane level, that's it become less about the character, and more about merchandising.
>>
File: Mike Stare.gif (2MB, 178x129px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Stare.gif
2MB, 178x129px
All Im saying is that if we dont get The Bugle or MJ in the sequel, getting Spider Man back was all for naught. Christ, I dont care if you have to make it a news station, we dont care about the Raimi comparisons. We all know you're going to redo Dr Octopus again anyway for Sinister Six. And I swear to god if we get Tony again in the next one, Im going to flip
>>
>>91258822
Early Spider-Man had the personality of a school shooter, frankly.
>>
File: spidercuck.jpg (103KB, 750x706px) Image search: [Google]
spidercuck.jpg
103KB, 750x706px
>>91249801
>>
>>91261628
>Implying there'll be a sequel
>Implying they won't restart it from scratch a fourth time and try desperately to be different from the past three attempts over again
>>
>>91261700
That's what made him so relatable to comic book readers.
>>
/co/ is gonna love this movie after it comes out.
>>
>>91261235
This has been a problem since they used up every Major X-Men story already.
>>
>>91261751
>Implying Sony isn't trying to be all clever by snatching the rights back after Marvel is all set to make a Spidey film every 2 years
>Implying Marvel isn't gonna legally rape the shit out of them to get those Spider-Man rights back
>Implying Sony will make a good decision
>Implying they'll just reboot something within the MCU beyond recasting a character or two
>>
>>91261751
Neither Disney nor Sony is dumb enough to try that. They know its basically killing the IP. Shit movie or not, we're getting that sequel. Best thing they can do is drop the Iron Man shit
>>
>>91254865
This. Edge of Tomorrow deserved so much more.
>>
>>91249801
To play devil's advocate, we have seen the same old "Peter Parker is gonna mope around because muh uncle and muh powers for 90 minutes before taking his mask off and killing the main bad guy" thing for the past decade. So I understand and appreciate them trying to give us some variety and stick to a consistent tone that doesn't get all overraught because "you need to feel sad now".

THAT SAID, I really hope they understand that Spidey shit CAN get serious, and I hope they let these movies get serious when it feels natural. Turning shit we're meant to take seriously into a wacky fun farce is what killed Age of Ultron.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a prime example of a movie that's a colorful, wacky adventure with lots of humor and feel-good moments, but it also has some darker emotional beats that feel natural.
>>
>>91261751
>Ant-Man is getting a sequel
>MoS is still going to be a franchise
Nigga, if you think they're not giving Spider-man a sequel, you're retarded. This movie is guaranteed to do at least $750million, and that's an extremely conservative number. They've got Holland on contract for several more movies, and he's already filming Infinity War.

There's going to be a sequel.
>>
>>91250436
Honestly that struck me a lot more as "we wanted to get more creative with his fighting style" than "the big boss men upstairs said punching is too violent, also no one is allowed to swear or bleed or have guns".
>>
I want Tony Stank to leave
>>
>>91250461
>The Daily Bugle is an outdated medium desperately trying to stay relevant by printing sensationalist hitpieces and catering to the editor-in-chief's sociopolitical agendas
What's there to make political? That's literally 90% of all mainstream media nowadays.
>>
>>91250547
>Iron Man has as much presence as Peter did in Civil War
>Happy Hogan/Pepper shows up for a scene
>Tony gives Pete expensive versions of shit he designed (web shooters, suit, lenses, etc.)
>Vulture becomes a villain to steal from/attack a rich businessman, ends up fighting Spider-Man when he foils his scheme

I can see where you're coming from but I really think you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill here. The only thing I don't like is Tony making his suit, but the leaks confirmed that Pete becomes his own hero by the end of it, so this really just seems like an introduction to this iteration of the character for all the retards who are still asking where Andrew Garfield is on social media.
>>
>>91250565
John C. McGinley would kill it as JJJ. Maybe Terry Crews too.
>>
>>91250642
And the Spectacular cartoon had him become Vulture because of a vendetta against Norman Osborn. That doesn't make him an Osborn villain, he ends up hating Spidey even more because he does more damage to his life in the long-run.

MCU Vulture becomes a villain to spite Stark, but stays a villain to get revenge on Spider-Man. Same way Chameleon was trying to rob the Fantastic Four in ASM #1. Spidey caught him, so he's a Spider-Man villain.
>>
>>91262291
>Dont like that Tony made his suit
Actually this is the one thing I dont mind. Had Tony made Peters web shooters, then we would have a fucking problem
>>
>>91250715
Honestly I think Pete wants to join the Avengers because then his do-gooding will be backed entirely by Stark money.
I assume being an Avenger pays, since they're technically under the accords now. It's not like Wanda or Vision have day jobs, so they must make something to keep them in paprika.

On the other hand, I could also see someone in Pete's position wanting to join the Avengers because he'd be able to make that much more of an impact by fighting crime on a global scale. He's currently street-level, putting him WAY above the bar set by anyone on the Defenders, considering his powerset (hell, Spidey-Sense alone puts him in the top tier).

Also galavanting with Iron Man on the right side of the law might help make a good name for himself (if we are to assume that people aren't super keen on Spidey).
>>
>>91250492
>Spider-man without Great power comes great responsibility

Wew lad
>>
>>91262573
They sort of acknowledged it in CW, and having Ben say it was a Raimi creation, originally it was narration.
>>
>>91250903
Relax anon, he already got the responsibility thing down.
>When you can do what I do... and THEN the bad things happen... they happen because of you

He is SPIDER-MAN. He got bit by a spider, his uncle died, great power, great responsibility. He's done all that already. They're not making Iron Man into his Uncle Ben. If anything, they're using Iron Man as a plot device to show Peter maturing to stand on his own as a hero, rather than aspiring to be Mr. Stark's sidekick.

They clearly have a falling out, as was spoiled by the trailer. Pete has a swelled head after the airport fight and the movie is about him coming back down to earth and discovering his own identity as a hero. He was a big fish in a little pond who immediately got thrown in the ocean; this is a movie about him learning how to swim without relying on his bigger, badder, wealthier friends to back him up.
>>
>>91262635
Actually, this was the first time in any sort of Spider-man media where Uncle Ben actually said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1260&v=-XMwJcdN6Wk
>>
>>91251009
But the trailer shows him losing the high-tech suit and learning to be a big hero without all of Stark's toys, so the whole point of this thing is gonna be how Peter needs to be the Amazing Spider-Man instead of Iron Boy.

I mean, that's what I'm getting from all of this; none of these "oh yeah Tony gives Peter some gadgets" stories end with "and Peter LOVES THEM AND SAYS THANK YOU AND NOW PETER PARKER HAS HIS OWN IRON MAN SUIT AND ARC REACTOR AND ALSO TONY MARRIES AUNT MAY".

Like, maybe I'm seeing subtext where there isn't any, but this all feels like it's setting up for an internal conflict where Tony is way too controlling and Pete ends up reacting poorly to all of the gadgets and protocols designed to keep him doing whatever it is that Tony wants him to do.
>>
>>91252065
>I hear they make a lot of money!
It's almost like his desire to do the right thing while also bringing home a paycheck to help support his widowed aunt has been an integral part of Spider-Man's character since his inception in the 60's.
>>
>>91252824
>the heavy emphasis on Tony's mentorship
I kinda feel like the whole point of Tony's mentorship is that he's a really bad fit for Peter though.
Like, in every trailer (with the exception of the limo bit and the shot where they swoop towards the camera) all they do is fight and talk shit about each other. Pete always sounds really upset that Tony is really condescending/controlling and Tony is always chewing him out for being reckless.
>>
>>91252245
>le company wars meme
Why
>>
>>91252566
This.
He's no genius and gets way too much credit as "creator" of Marvel as we know it, but the fact of the matter is a lot of the shit we love wouldn't exist (at least, not as we know it) without him.
>>
>>91262096
>MoS is still going to be a franchise

It's cute that you think that. Superman isn't getting another standalone film in the soon to be canceled DCEU.
>>
>>91252565
Basically, yeah.
>>
>>91258924
>implying Frank wouldn't be autistic about that
>>
>>91253300
>Disney has enough money to pay all the critics they want.
You weren't wrong until you went full-retard right there.
It's almost like people will be willing to overlook quality to a degree so long as it's part of a franchise they like.
>>
File: 1491155256417.jpg (22KB, 360x246px) Image search: [Google]
1491155256417.jpg
22KB, 360x246px
>>91252566
>X-Men
Doom Patrol

>Fantastic Four
Doc Savage, Challengers of the Unknown

>Spider-man
Superboy

>The Avengers
Justice League of America

None of those ideas are original
>>
>>91254249
>Tony is the one that made Peter some nifty shit because apparently it's unrealistic if Peter does that shit in his small room at Aunt May's.
Peter already made a functional spider-suit complete with web-shooters, web fluid, and dynamic lenses.

Stark's is literally the same thing, just made of flashier material and with a holographic interface (and a few quality of life enhancements, like the vacuum seal). Stark added shit Peter totally would have been able to, had he the resources.
>>
>>91254516
>LELSORANDUMB
>Opens with the main character watching his mom die of cancer
>Funny comic relief character gets drunk and laments that he's a freakish monster made in a lab
>Other comic relief character dies to save everyone else
>Drax is outright told "who fucking cares that your family is dead, that doesn't give you an excuse to get everyone else killed just because you've got nothing to live for"
>Like half of Nova Corps are blown the fuck up defending their homes
>Entire theme of the movie is a bunch of sad, broken misfits with no homes or families or anything to live for learning to care about life again
I want /tv/ to leave and take their shit taste with them.
>>
>>91251740
>Fat kid will just end up being annoying and throwaway instead of becoming Peter's oracle.
>>
>>91262373
Agreed. I'm so happy that they not only had Peter make the web fluid, but that Tony Stark outright asks him how he did it.

Like, they didn't come right out and say it to our faces, but MCU Peter Parker is properly intelligent.
>>
>>91249801
Why the fuck would they talk about Uncle Ben when they have new UNCLE TONY!

Fuck the man who raised Peter and put a roof over his head after his parents got killed. People don't fucking matter unless they're wealthy, and working class people can go fuck themselves, according to Disney/Sony.

It's pretty disgusting that Spider-Man, who uses the theme of family literally forsakes the memory of his Uncle who did the best he could. Instead he tosses out Uncle Ben's memory like trash so he can suck Tony's cock.

Spider-Boy needs to fuck off, with his being a gold digging piece of shit.,
>>
>>91263311
If he's so intelligent why is he taking advice from the fuckhead who made Ultron.
>>
>>91263360
He's trying hard to get some solid dick from an Iron Man.
>>
>>91263360
I mean, does the public know where Ultron even came from? Cause I get the feeling Stark would have been drawn and quartered if it got out that he built the AI that dropped Slavistan from the upper hemisphere.

Really I feel like Pete is just kinda starstruck; he's a science geek, so it makes sense he'd idolize Tony Stark. Not to mention all that sweet Avengers coin they probably rake in.
>>
>>91263595
Tony fucking blackmailed him into being a child soldier, to beat up his other childhood hero Captain America.

Any good vibes between them should have gone out the window at that point.
>>
>>91263736
>Brings him in as a ringer
>Gives him a fancy new suit when he's used to taking apart VCRs he finds in the trash
>Calls him "Spider-Man", gives him a job to do, makes him feel useful
It's almost like Tony was grooming an impressionable youth to accomplish his own ends. Also I don't know if MCU Pete has any particular reverence for Cap (and even if he did, I still think he'd admire Iron Man more).

Judging from the Homecoming trailers, the whole movie is gonna be about Pete realizing you should never meet your heroes. His general attitude seems to be "fuck me I love this suit but Tony is being a real tightass treating me like a stupid kid, I fucking built my own web shooters, I don't need this but I kinda need the suit because damn am I poor as fuck".
>>
>>91256841
GET BACK HERE SHOKEEEERR
>>
>>91263078
>if anything is remotely similar it's a ripoff
Jesus you're dense
>>
>>91254596
I actually liked how they did the Bugle in the TASM franchise and JJJ.
>>
File: cryingpepe.png (340KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
cryingpepe.png
340KB, 600x583px
>>91255679
>>91255818
>>91257699

>tfw all these faggots that don't even like comics bitch about their faggy shittily written knock off spider-man not being the center of everything but my main nigga Miguel has been forgotten by history
>>
>>91265477
Spider-Potato-Eating-Spic from the Future doesn't really cater to the diversity crowd.

Plus the Irish and the Latinos don't exactly get much representation anyway.
>>
>>91265477
>We will never see a cyberpunk Spider-man movie
Alchemax can't keep getting away from it...
>>
>>91249801
If that means no origin story then I'm all for it. I don't need to see Spider-Man's origin for the thousandth time and even normal moviegoers get it at this point.
>>
>>91252914
This IS retarded, but I'd like to point out the most interesting fight scene in the Garfield movies is when he ties up the Lizard in the school hallway, fighting like a spider, more than a man.

If no punches means we get to see more of that, I'm hip.
>>
Uncle Ben, like all Boomer scum, lived a life of excess made possibly by pillaging the social safety net that their parents fought for. He paid the blood price, and it is a good and joyful thing.

May death come to all Boomers, inshallah.
>>
>>91265477
my boy Migs and Kaine will never ever

and if they do Kaine he'll just be the ultverse Kaine
>>
File: spidey.jpg (18KB, 376x285px) Image search: [Google]
spidey.jpg
18KB, 376x285px
>MCU fans continuously attack Sony for the low quality of their Spider-Man movies
>Disney manages to make one that is even worse
>>
>>91269820
The movie is gonna be shit but I'll take it over Spider-Man with a Non-Symbiote suit that allows him to revive people
>>
>>91266478
>Latinos
>he says in reply chain about Miles
>lets also forget Nova and Ghost Rider
Why do anons chose to be redpilled on certain topics until their resident oppressed minority gets mentioned and it's like none exist? Don't forget Rhodey and Blade were put aside to make room for new diversity characters. The old ones, like Miguel don't count as much.
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.