[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after this convergeance stuff is there currently two supermen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0993.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0993.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
So after this convergeance stuff is there currently two supermen in the main universe? This is the same one introducing the watchmen to it right? I started reading pic related cause someone story timed that superboy story where he goes to the spooky swamp. Tried looking into this super boys back story cause all I ever knew of superboy was that leather jacket wearing clone with the cool black metal superdude. What the fuck is up with this multiverse shit? Louis and Clark are intergalactic refugees or something? Is this super man the one wearing the mantle in the current universe or dimension they're in? Also how man fucking batmen and robin have there been? Are they also all aware of these weird interdimensional shenanigans? Pre flashpoint post infinite crisis? What the fuck does this all mean? What the fuck does "tt" mean? click of the tongue? Why is lex robo neon super man? Cause dimensions and shiiiiiiieeeet?
>>
>>91243923
>is there currently two supermen in the main universe?
No there's one. They merged.
I didn't bother reading your long ass post past this sentence so good luck with the rest.
>>
>>91244018
>they merged
Did lois merge with another Lois? Did they get younger? Does this have to do with that chair?
>>
>>91244088
Read a comic and you'll figure it out.
>>
>>91244104
I have to read like fucking sixty! My wallet can't afford paying attention to the event
>>
>>91243923
>>91244189
It would take less time for you to google your answer than it would take the rest of us to read your wall of text.
>>
>>91243923
Normally, I'm the guy who tells people off for refusing to "spoonfeed" people who ask simple questions. You've asked about 40 questions here that could be answered with a single wiki search, you basically want caught up with everything that's happened since convergence, and specifically with Superman comics.

There are two Supermen, pre and post-Flashpoint, which is in-universe shorthand meaning pre and post New 52 reboot. Since you don't read comics, feel free to think of these two Supermen as like Reeves Superman and Cavill Superman. Same character, different universe, different personality, slightly different story.

They tried to reintroduce the older Superman (Reeves), who had grown up, had a kid, married Lois, etc., by making his family refugees from the pre-New 52 universe. He bonded with the younger, less experienced Cavill Superman of the current dimension, where all the stories since New 52 (except for Earth 2 comics) have taken place.

Since then, the two merged. Super simple. If you refuse to read comics, nobody's going to judge you for familiarizing yourself with canon by wikipedia.
>>
>>91244189
Literally the two newest Superman and Action Comics issues. Read them in the store if you can't afford 5 dollars worth of comics.
>>
>>91244257
Much appreciated.
>>
File: 1429067011613.jpg (3MB, 1820x5055px) Image search: [Google]
1429067011613.jpg
3MB, 1820x5055px
>>91243923
It's all just excuses to make their fucked up continuity work. First they created the multiverse so all conflicting stories happened, then they decided they wanted one continuity so they killed the multiverse with COIE and pieces of a bunch of them created one new continuity. With one earth comes tons of continuity problems over the years, so they did a soft reset with Zero Hour to fix some stuff. Then they decided they actually did want a multiverse along with another continuity fixing reset button, so they did Infinite Crisis and restored the multiverse, but this time with 52 specific earths instead of infinite. Final Crisis was another soft reset. Then they decided to do a hard reboot to bring in new readers with Flashpoint. They reset the timeline so a lot of important things hadn't happened to characters yet and they could retell those stories. People fucking hated this. They started to fix it with Convergence, which was not a reset but just a fun event where characters from each of the different eras as well as some non canon stories were taken to a strange planet right before their reality ends and are forced to fight. At the end, the Superman, Lois, and their newborn baby from the pre-flashpoint era end up in the flashpoint era right as the Justice League are forming for the first time, and live in hiding. Then Superman dies and the one from pre flashpoint becomes the main superman. Now we have rebirth, which reveals that flashpoint wasn't actually a reboot (to the excitement of those who hated it) but some unknown being ( probably Dr. Manhattan) used the flashpoint event as a cover to steal 10 years from the pre-flashpoint world, which is what flashpoint actually is.
>>
>>91244088
Pre-Crisis Lois and Clark merged with New 52 Lois and Clark. Now they look like pre-Crisis but have the memories of both counterparts.
>>
>>91244257
All the condescension in the world can't make that sound like anything but the most stupid convoluted shit imaginable.
>>
>>91243923
>What the fuck does "tt" mean?
Like a mix between the letter "T" and a sign. It's not a click so much as thing upper class people do you'd have to see it to understand it.
>>
>>91244189
Fuck yourself. Go steal them if you need to. But read a fucking comic book.

Jon is Clark and Lois' son. One Clark, One Lois. If you NEED to know the rest and you're a cheap piece of shit google it or fucking pirate it. /co/ doesn't exist to get your comics-blogging ass up to date on the titles you don't read.
>>
>>91247391
Stupid question, even more stupid answer.

Tell the dumb fuck to good "tsk tsk" along with the comics he's too lazy to read.
>>
>>91247391
>Like a mix between the letter "T" and a sign.
I meant "t" and a "sigh".

>>91247474
Fuck off.
>>
>>91246476
>Now they look like pre-Crisis
No, they look like Pre-Flashpoint

>but have the memories of both counterparts.
No, they have a single unified memory of one timeline.
>>
>>91244257
I don't really get why you're throwing Chris Reeve and Cavill in there when they have nothing to do with this
>>
>>91247433
chill out frederick
stealing comics sucks
and the guy came to /co/ for information which people do all the time
if you don't feel like answering, hide the thread and move the fuck on
>>
>>91250078
To easily differentiate between Pre-Flashpoint Superman and post-Flashpoint Superman? He could have called them Supermans A and B, but the Reeve/Cavill analogy also speaks to the differences in character as well.
>>
>>91250205
>stealing comics sucks
I agree, so does not buying, or even reading, them at all and asking others to tell you what happened.

>if you don't feel like answering, hide the thread and move the fuck on
If you don't like my response scroll down or don't respond.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.