[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that Gwen Goblin is the single most iconic super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Tumblr_m8qdskOO1F1rbd2rto1_1280.jpg (486KB, 1031x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m8qdskOO1F1rbd2rto1_1280.jpg
486KB, 1031x1566px
Can we all agree that Gwen Goblin is the single most iconic super villain in comics?

Why are Spider-man's villains so vastly superior to those of other heroes?
>>
>>91243513
>Can we all agree that Gwen Goblin is the single most iconic super villain in comics?
GOD NO!
That's the fucking Joker!
And even then, Dr. Doom is above the Green Goblin.

In fact, I think the Green Goblin would be 6 or 7 on that list below Venom, Magneto, Red Skull, and Lex Luther.
>>
>>91243513
>Gwen Goblin
In that universe did she kill Peter while Spider-Woman (Brant) tried to save him? Honestly Gwen Goblin sounds great
>>
>>91243562
Goblin is more iconic then Lex Luthor and Red Skull I believe, at least among normies. But yeah, nowhere close to most iconic. OP is probably just false flagging to get a bunch of people worked up in an argument.
>>
>>91243597
I don't think Green Goblin ever actually caught on with mainstream audiences in spite of the movie appearances. He's much more relevant to comic book readers comparatively in spite of having fiercer competition there.
>>
>>91243597
>Goblin is more iconic then Lex Luthor

fucking lol.
>>
I know Peter has more history and an axe to grind against Norman, but I always preferred Roderick. He's one of the few villains that knows when to throw in the towel.
>>
>>91243636
He's had a presence in the larger pop culture. Showing up in that Steven King movie. Being on pretty much every Spidey merch. He's popular because of his links to Spider-Man

>>91243644
>at least to normies.
>>
>>91243597
Naw dude. Green Goblin hardly is more iconic than Lex Luther. You can reference Lex Luther in any given TV show and people would instantly know who you're talking about. You can't do that with Green Goblin. And Red Skull sticks out more when you bring in how everyone instantly knows he's a Nazi.

Green Goblin isn't even the top of the iconic Spider-Man villain food chain. Venom is more widely known.
>>
File: fry.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fry.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
>>91243513
>Gwen Goblin

Give it a couple years and that'll be canon.
>>
>>91243812
>Showing up in that Steven King movie.
A movie that's pretty forgotten in the pop culture mindset.
>Being on pretty much every Spidey merch.
You're thinking of Venom. Venom alone moves his own shirts with the Venom emblem. He's even in more video games than the Green Goblin. I honestly don't believe that there are that many shirts of Goblin vs. Spider-Man, and even then, it'll probably be Spider-Man 1's Goblin.
>>He's popular because of his links to Spider-Man
To be honest, I don't think the general public knew many Spider-Man villains prior to the 2002 film.
>>
>You can reference Lex Luther in any given TV show and people would instantly know who you're talking about.

Fair enough

>And Red Skull sticks out more when you bring in how everyone instantly knows he's a Nazi.

This is more of a mark at Hitler being more iconic.
>>
>>91243905
Meant to send this to. >>91243818
>>
>>91243812
What Steven King movie? And you're vastly overestimating the visibility of Spider-man's villains. Venom is about the only one normies know, and maybe Doc Ock.

Meanwhile Lex is a villain archetype in and of himself, up there with Joker, Catwoman, and Blofeld. People recognize bald multimillionaire villains and whip-weilding femme fatales but the concept of "halloween masked guy on a hoverboard" has no resonance in popular culture.
>>
Green goblin isn't even the most iconic spidervillain. He's just dragged out for easy "hue I killed your waifu" drama and "I killed a guy because I'm CRAZY WOOOOO!" Most normal people consider either venom to be the big bad guy, or Doctor Octopus. I'm a doctor octopus man because he has the whole dark mirror thing going on with being a bullied asshole nerd who themes himself after an 8-legged invertebrate.
>>
>>91244004
No one truly cares about Doc Ock outside of comicfags, Dan.
Even Mysterio is more hip with the normies.
>>
>>91243513
no joker is
and this is coming from a Spider-man fan
>>
>>91243513
As long as they are not trying to push Norman as a major 616 villain that can take on all the heroes like Doom again. All of that Dark Reign shit was awful.
>>
>>91243513
Not even the most iconic Spider-man villain.
>>
>>91243575
I feel like Gwen Goblin has been done before. Has it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.