[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Marvel decides to finally try and capitalize on RDJ Iron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 5575ed40f25c8.jpg (190KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
5575ed40f25c8.jpg
190KB, 940x529px
>Marvel decides to finally try and capitalize on RDJ Iron Man in the comics
>give him their biggest writer
>give him a 2nd book because fuck it, if Spider-Man can carry multiple series so can Iron Man
>replace him barely a year later with Doom and another self insert for Bendis' kids

Is there a more embarrassing failure of a push than Bendis on Iron Man?
>>
>>91233221
The Inhumans...
>>
Marvel NOW(er)
>>
>>91233239
/thread
>>
>>91233221
the upcoming make mine marvel relaunch where they give Tony's A.I his own solo
>>
>>91233221
Marvel should stop putting Bendis on the franchises they want to push. He ends up fucking them.

>Put him on X-Men. The franchise is now shit because of decisions made by him.
>Put him on Guardians of the Galaxy. The franchise is now shit and has to rely on synergy to sell barely above cancellation numbers.
>>
>>91233368
I'm still hurt he drove the Guardians to the ground like that.
>>
>>91233368
>>91233415
Defenders is next.
>>
>>91233351
No anon it gets better, Bendis is writing both Iron man and Spiderman books, prepare for Tony and Peter praising Bendis's OCs for pages
>>
>>91233442
>bendis
>strange
>in the same book
SOMEONE STOP IT! AFTER NEW SHITVENGERS STRANGE MIGHT NOT SURVIVE THIS ONE!
>>
No one likes comic Iron Man, not even MCU normies judging by his (nonexistant) trade sales.
>>
File: DEFENDERS2017001-Cov-Flat.jpg (221KB, 615x933px) Image search: [Google]
DEFENDERS2017001-Cov-Flat.jpg
221KB, 615x933px
>>91233479
>>
>>91233447
>and Peter praising Bendis's OCs for pages
Not if Dan "Rodeo Veteran" Slott has a say in the matter.

>>91233486
Don't kid yourself, anon. RDJ's Iron Man is insanely popular, casuals just don't buy comics.
>>
>>91233509
>>91233503
Dr. Strange is shown to be part of the team in the Secret Empire preview.
>>
>>91233514
>Not if Dan "Rodeo Veteran" Slott has a say in the matter.
They give Bendis both books at this point there no way of defeating him except not buying the comics, hopefully Marvel will just realize that Bendis don't sell
>>
>>91233514
That's literally what I said. MCU Iron Man is popular. Comic Iron Man is not.

>casuals just don't buy comics.

This just isn't true when we see TWD selling like crazy. MCU should have done that for Marvel too given how popular it is.
>>
How does he keep getting work.

He ruins everything he touches.
>>
>>91233692
cronyism
>>
>>91233648
I figured it was because TWD already had a strong fanbase prior to the tv show. I mean, it had to have been popular in the first place to get a TV show.
>>
>>91234238
The fact that it still manages to do so well suggests TV normies buying it at this point. Existing fans already have the compendiums and shit by now.
>>
>>91233221
> Bendis
> Best writer

Oh dear.
>>
>>91233479
"There's no such thing as Chaos Magic".

Watch as Bendis turns Strange into a retard.
>>
>>91234512

He didn't say best, he said biggest.

There's a clear difference.
>>
>>91233692

He is literally in bed with everyone who matters at Marvel's comics division. The guy is like the second or third most senior individual over there. It's hilarious blatant the cronyism is over at Marvel, Bendis is such a retard that he doesn't even realize how he basically tells everyone this in his book.

>"And then I became BFF's with the Senior Editor-in-Chief and the head VP, and then I suddenly was put on all of the books. Literally all of them. To this day I attribute my great work ethic to why I am so successful."

- Brian Michael Bendis, probably.
>>
>>91233221
Captain marvel.
>>
I think the problem with Iron Man is that no one knows what to do with him. Do you go all out with crazy science adventures? Or do you make it a smaller, grounded story about tony's demons? Do you make the villains regular business men, or hulking metal robots? Both? Neither?

Iron Man has one of the worst Rogues Galleries in comics, since they're all either guys in suits, guys with Lazer guns, robots, or business men with money. Then there's the weird pulpy villains like Mandarin and dread knight and Fin Fang Foom. In his first appearance he fought a fat Chinese guy, and in his second, it was a robot caveman built by aliens. His most famous villain is alcohol for crying out loud.

Then there's the fact that you can't really make RDJ's dialogue work on paper since it's all in his delivery and performance, so he'll never have the personality that they want. Otherwise it just looks like Bendis Speak, and we know how annoying that is.

He's always been a b-lister and the best thing to do is to simply have a cool suit and pick a direction you want to go in, and stick with it, cuz the next writer will undo everything and do the opposite of what you did. All you can really do is lay the seeds for someone else to pick up on later and improve ever so slightly on your creation.
>>
File: 1396443956819.jpg (21KB, 193x182px) Image search: [Google]
1396443956819.jpg
21KB, 193x182px
>>91234986
>His most famous villain is alcohol for crying out loud.
>>
>>91234986
Armored Adventurer.
Just make him a rich guy doing rich guy things until trouble pops up and he has to get in the suit.
>>
>>91234986
If he needs new villains, why not use the Superior suit? It's part symbiote after all.
>>
>>91235145
Yeah but what kind of villains? Which suit does he bring? What king of villain is causing trouble. It's not the premise that's flawed, it's the delivery. No one has ever had the perfect formula for iron man that everyone bases their run on. Even the movies have trouble in the villain department, since tony is so interesting it makes anyone he goes up against seem lame and trying to hard. The fact that the film's wasted iron monger on the first movie, combined Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo into one character for 2 and used extremis, Mandarin, and Cold blood in 3, while sending literally everyone else as one shots on Agents of Shield shows that they're just running through names to add to the story to make the plot happen so Tony can move on to the next set piece

He needs a massive shake up to work, that doesn't involve Tony being replaced and still being heroic. Even Superior Iron Man did bad in sales.
>>
I dropped it when Civil War happened but I liked the first arc of Invincible Iron Man and am enjoying the current stuff
>>
>>91233221
>Is there a more embarrassing failure of a push than Bendis on Iron Man?
>>
>>91236717
If they actually wanted to push America she'd been in the movies/tv shows already. This shit is just SJW bait.
>>
>>91236717
A stealth mini isn't a character getting a push. Come on now.
>>
Hey remember when Fraction had a four year run that was solid and united his greatest enemies?
>>
>>91236977

Was he the one who made Tony kiss Doc Rock's tentacles and call him master?
>>
>>91237040

I think so? Tony was at rock bottom for non alcohol reasons.

His run wasn't perfect. It lost a lot of steam towards the end. But it was pretty good with a big scope.
>>
>>91233221
>>91234986
still the least they can do is have cool action scenes with the suit. Riri just keeps fucking HACKING and TALKING, and barely ever uses her repulsor beams, which leads to the most boring fucking iron man fights to date.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.