[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>airs the Rick and Morty premiere 8 times in a row on Saturday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 960.jpg (111KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
111KB, 960x540px
>airs the Rick and Morty premiere 8 times in a row on Saturday, pre-empting new episodes of Samurai Jack and Dragon Ball Super
>now going to rerun the episode every night at 10 for the next week

What is Adult Swim's deal?
>>
Who cares. Grow up. (You). Just wait for the episode and stop complaining.
>>
>>91227780
If you compile all the airings together, you'd get crazy ratings
>>
R&M has a bigger fanbase than the other two shows combined, and season 3 has been hyped to all hell due to the long break since last season. Someone in marketing probably successfully made the argument that they need to keep the premier running all week to make sure that the news disseminates to the normie crowd that the show's back, since last night's return would only be known to internet-savvy audiences
>>
>>91227780
You got rickrolled.
>>
>>91227858
So they couldn't have run it 7 times instead of 8?
>>
I guess they don't care about money and ratings. Who is going to watch the same show 8 times in a row?
>>
>>91227780
>>91227990
>salty SJfags still salty
I'm all about this last season too, but come on. Think of it this way: it'll get one more week than anticipated before it's gone forever.
>>
>>91228163
But I WANT it to be gone forever. That's the WHOLE POINT! Putting Jack to rest with a glorious final sendoff. Cartoons almost never get proper endings. The fact that what is arguably Genndy's magnum opus is getting one is nothing short of a miracle.

Why would you deny me the sweet death I've been waiting for?
>>
>>91228239
Because it's funny.
>>
>>91228338
It's really not that funny. As far as punchlines go, this is one of the weakest ones I can possibly think of.
>>
>>91228239
You're still getting it. Calm down.
>>
>>91228559
Because it's at your expense.
>>
>>91228578
No I'm not! It's been tainted with Reddit and Memey! I will never watch Samurai Jack again!
>>
>>91228559
You are the punchline.
>>
>>91227858
>bigger fanbase than DB
Yeah no family
>>
>>91228718
Not him, but no.
Where is the joke?
>HAHA UR MAD
That's not a joke, and the lowest form of trolling.
>>
>>91228805
it is a joke as long as someone's laughing
>>
>>91228805
But y u mad tho?
>>
>>91228820
TTG had a better prank than AS.
let that sink in
>>
>>91228874
TTG was harmless. [as] exposed an entire fanbase as cancer of the highest infantile degree. And made for some REALLY funny reactions from the Jackfags. THAT is funny.
>>
>>91227990

You waited over ten years. You can wait a week.
>>
>>91227780
It's the only episode we got!
>>
>>91229013
That doesn't excuse the stupidity.
>>
>>91229052
The only thing that will excuse this is the blood of Harmon and Roiland.
Who's with me?
>>
>>91228995
>TTG was harmless
Namefags, everyone
>>
>>91229052
Yes it does, it was a joke
>>
>>91229115
This isn't a joke! This is my life!
>>
File: 1479323462054.png (336KB, 415x355px) Image search: [Google]
1479323462054.png
336KB, 415x355px
>>91228995
>Namefag accusing others of being mad
>Spends literally all day posting about how mad jack fags are
I'm laughin at this april fools and (you) hahahhaha
>>
>>91227780
keep crying jacucks
>>
>>91227780
Rick and Morty is adult swim's most popular show, and they clearly love it.
>>
File: amirite_moon.png (134KB, 471x445px) Image search: [Google]
amirite_moon.png
134KB, 471x445px
>>91229159
If a television show is your whole life, then that kinda says you HAVE no life, don't it?
>>
>>91229228
Cute picture, also kill yourself namefag
But the picture is cute.
>>
>>91229228
Shut up! Get out of my thread.
>>
>be jackfag
>see other jackfags start bitching uncontrollably
>duck my head down and pretend I don't know them
>>
File: 1479921718594.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479921718594.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>91229228
>namefag is STILL posting on a Sunday
LOL
>>
>>91228995
You are the resposible for wasting the sexts.
>>
>>91229013
Should have made the announcement 48 hours prior instead of looking at the recorder and finding the words "Samurai Jack" on the program still, despite Rick and Morty playing over it.
>>
File: laughing vegita.jpg (23KB, 353x269px) Image search: [Google]
laughing vegita.jpg
23KB, 353x269px
>>91227858
>R&M has a bigger fanbase than the other two shows combined

Congrats on posting the new most retarded thing I've ever read on /co/.

Dragon Ball by itself has a fanbase several times larger than R&M can ever hope for. The highest-rated episode of Rick and Morty, ever, was episode two of season two, which got 2.19 million viewers. So that's the ceiling for the size of the show's fandom. 2.19 million.

Dragon Ball, meanwhile, has sold 240 million manga volumes worldwide.

I'll let you get some of your Reddit buddies together so they can help you figure out which number is bigger.
>>
>>91227780
>pre-empting new episodes of Samurai Jack and Dragon Ball Super

aside from samurai jack nothing of value was lost since dragonball hasn't been good since cell
>>
>>91227827
It's the "grow up" shill
Parroting that exact phrase in every single jack and r&m thread is just as childish as people getting pissed at a show, as is denying that they could have just ran r&m for 3 hours instead of 4 and everyone would have been happy
>>
>>91227780
it was just a prank, bro
>>
>>91228163
Think of it this way, they could have run it for 3 hours instead of 4 and literally everyone would have been happy, the "it'll last longer now" argument is retarded
>>
>>91229358
>doesn't realize its rick and morty fans false flagging
You can tell by all the threads following the same post style of anger immediately followed by smug "grow up"
>>
>>91229412
It wouldn't be a fucking April Fool's prank if they told you on March 30th "JUST SO NOBODY'S JIMMYS GET RUSTLED, WE'RE GOING TO SHOW THE R&M SEASON PREMIERE AS A SURPRISE ON APRIL 1ST, SHHHH IT'S A SURPRISE THO"

And no, just saying "Samurai Jack and our other regularly scheduled shows will be upended for... something" would STILL have caused you assmad autists to go REEEEE, just for two days longer than you already will.
>>
>>91230796
...so it's more likely that R&M is doing some elaborate reverse trolling to demonize the fanbase of a non-competing miniseries from the same block, than that some of said fanbase is fucking stupid?

I don't buy that.

That's the biggest problem here, ya'll keep acting like business is people. Business isn't people. This was never some personal slight against Genndy, you or anybody else, it was a business decision - R&M has a shitload of mainstream fans, they decided this would make a great ratings stunt, esp. in light of fans bitching about their last few April Fools AND the rumors and delays and rumors about delays that have plagued R&M season 3's productions.

At least they had the decency to wait until after the opening three-episode arc; by all indications, episode 4 looks like an old-school, weird, self-contained Jackventure. It's not like they inserted this between episodes 2 and 3, or pulled the swithcaroo on the night of Jack's season premiere.

Shit, remember when Squidbillies was behind schedule after months of hyping it up, so they just kept pretending it was premiering until Perfect Hair Forever aired instead?

[as] always does this shit for a reason, even if that reason is "we fucked up, this show should've premiered a season ago, here's a taste."
>>
>>91230925
I highly doubt it's an April Fool's prank when even the stations were unaware of the change. It's a matter of being professional.

For the cynic, this looks like a blatant ratings theft conducted. People tune in for Samurai Jack and they get Rick and Morty and boom: instant Nielsen shift. If you're okay with this, then you should be okay with the bank being "SURPRISED CLOSED". You want to pull a prank, sure, do it tastefully - don't prank something that people have tuned in for. Supernatural had an April 1st special years back and while mediocre, it didn't involve pre-empting a whole TV Guide and a TV reminder.

I mean, for fuck's sake, when the World Cup games were pre-empted, they groveled in apology and gave access to On-Demand Channels for free for a limited as an apology. They didn't go "lol it's just a prank bro".

If it's a prank, it was done badly. I highly doubt any exec would have liked their premade TV Guides suddenly unaligned as a professional.
>>
>>91227990
Look if Samurai Jack was really that popular, Adult Swim wouldn't have dared delay the episode. They did it because they knew an 8th rerun would get more views than a new Samurai Jack episode.
>>
>>91231258
You're right it's not the fans, you just spouted the perfect corporate approved lines so now I'm thinking you're some intern they told to hop to after the received a huge amount of unexpected backlash
>>
>>91231381
It doesn't matter. How would you like it if you ordered Pecan Pie and suddenly the waiter gives you Raspberry Pie that you didn't order claiming that "well, this is more popular", and forcing you to have it?

If you're okay with it, then I'll concede. Also, you forego the right to bring this up and I hope you eat your pie without so much as a word of complaint.
>>
>>91231459
That's not even remotely the same thing.

You're gonna get your new episode anon. It's already prepared, it's just delayed. Nobody is forcing you to watch anything. But you can continue being mad at a few days delay for a show that's been cancelled for 10 years. Good luck with that.
>>
>>91230733
But then we wouldn't get to hear your melodious bitching.
>>
>>91228239
>magnum opus
It's a cartoon. For children.

A week, a month, a year...I don't see what the big deal is. Can't you just go outside? Don't you have any other hobbies? Are you seriously getting upset at people on the internet about something this trivial?

Look, I'm not a RM fan, but it seems like even after 15 years that Samurai Jack fans still have a lot of growing up to do.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.