[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's next for Jerry? Where do you think they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 32

So what's next for Jerry?
Where do you think they're going to take his character?
Where do you want them to take his character?
>>
>>91224463
BURRRPPPP

MORTY

MORTY

MCDONALDS MORTY THAT'S THE JOKE MORTY BURRRP
>>
>>91224463
Jerry has been becoming dumber and dumber as the show continues.

I am hoping that their is a leech, sucking out his intelligence, so when he gets cured, he'll be pissed that no one noticed.

Also, he'll get a job.
>>
File: jerry.jpg (120KB, 1250x704px) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
120KB, 1250x704px
>>91224573
"Big Trouble in Little Sanchez" and "Look Who's Purging Now" made me realize that the writers have been trying to make Jerry increasingly unlikable. It really sucks, considering he's one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>91225192
it's stupid, they are trying to make him like a coward and an ass, but he cares about his family and is the only one who doesn't put up with Rick's bullshit. Rick could kill them at any second without caring yet they treat him like a god while Jerry is genuinely trying to be a good father.
>>
>>91224463
I know guys like Jerry in real life.

You people are giving him too much credit.

The family needs a divorce. Maybe they'll get back together. But keeping it the way it is is just leading it to self-destruction even without a crazy scientist grandpa around.
>>
>>91224463
We'll probably get a bachelor subplot for Jerry.

Likely he'll be incredibly incompetent as usual while Beth starts seeing someone new, but I think there's a small chance they'll flip the script and have Jerry be the more successful one in the divorce.

Granted if they do go with that, he'll get fucked super hard by the end and be forced to take Beth back due to humiliating circumstances.

Jerry is never really allowed to win.
>>
File: by Sabrina Mati.png (222KB, 1280x547px) Image search: [Google]
by Sabrina Mati.png
222KB, 1280x547px
>>91224463
>tfw even the released model sheets remain censored

Is all this nudity just gonna stay locked behind the vaults of Rick and Morty LLC? We were lucky to even see Rick's dick: https://vimeo.com/177342167
>>
>>91225192
It feels weird, because despite Jerry having always been an idiot, he wasn't always a coward. Cronenburg/Original Jerry is evidence of that. When Beth was in danger, he got his shit together and fucking killed monsters to save her. Jerry was also fucking fantastic with episodes like the Mr.Meeseeks one. Some of my favorite episodes in the show are when he finally gets a win, but the writers seem to have decided he'd be better as an unlikable tool instead.
>>
>>91225192
>The writers are trying to make jerry increasingly unlikeable

Holy shit, as opposed to what letting him go off on his own and observe him, really let him develop as a person? He's a fucking cartoon character.

We assume he's the boring dad, then we find out his kinda dumb and has self esteem issues, then finally we find out he's extremely selfish.

This is the direction he's been going since we first saw him. Entire moral of this show is that dumb people suck and ruin everything.
>>
>>91225354
>but I think there's a small chance they'll flip the script and have Jerry be the more successful one in the divorce
very very small
>>
>>91225541
Which is unfortunate because that'd be actually be pretty funny.

If they remove Jerry, they should have done it years ago, before making so many "oh but they'll always get back together episodes"

If they make Jerry miserable, we've seen it before and we don't really give a shit, just focus on the other characters

If they make Jerry happy, that's actually kind of unexpected and might even be fun to explore
>>
A regular human with a father in law determined to push you out of your family's life and keep having dangerous adventures with your children.

I don't even know what you're supposed to do in that situation. How do you protect your kids from their supervillain grandpa?
>>
>>91224463
I thought Jerry was hung like a horse.

I guess a grower
>>
>>91225617
>Jerry becomes successful and independent
>Beth is initially okay but continues being an alcoholic to fill the void left by Jerry
>Ruins her shot at her universe's version of the better-than-Jerry husband from the Jerry Daycare and becomes an outwardly-empty emotional wreck
>Resents Rick for encouraging her attachment to him and choosing an abandoner over the now-awesome Jerry
>Rick resents Jerry for failing to fail further, and instead "spiting" Rick by becoming a better man and thereby hurting Beth by being apart from her (even though Rick made that happen)
>Eyepatch Morty recruits Successful Jerry as bait, then as a coworker once he proves his surprising viability, in a plan to take down Rick
>Successful Jerry and Eyepatch Morty become Rick's arch-enemies
>>
>>91225497
What's your IQ, 86?
>>
>>91225497
If you think that's the moral of the show or that Jerry isn't set up as being one of the more reasonable and human characters despite his cowardice/selfish tendencies then you're a moron.
>>
>>91226127
I like that Jerry's cowardice is shown as being a successful tactic for survival.
>>
>>91225329

Stop making excuses for Rick like every other fucker on the show.
>>
>>91226442
Almost like real life
>>
He's gonna get raped. Gets disgusted of men. become a woman.
Then he falls in love with Rick and they get married.
>>
If he doesn't actually leave Beth, it could go both ways he'll probably go homeless till he finds a job and gets a gay lover or something and actually become a happier person
>>
>>91225192
If it helps, when he put his foot down it seemed like they decided to develop his backbone a little bit. Getting divorced will probably be the best thing to ever happen to him.
>>
>>91229217
Personally I like Jerry's character, and I hope that without having to play off of Beth he becomes an interesting foil to Rick
>>
>>91225192
>>91225273
I'll be honest I'm shock they kept Chris on as long as they did, he is doing so much work now and here Jerry is in most the episodes that had to be eating in his time.
I'm sure Jerry will be in Season 3 but he certainly won't be as constant or as often.
>>
I think it's obvious that we aren't supposed to think that Jerry is in the wrong here. Rick is a destructive asshole , that's been pretty much a running theme in the series thus far and Jerry being the only one who ultimately puts his foot down makes him the smartest character in the show.

Should they have divorced? Probably, but doing it for Rick's sake is doing it for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>91224573
He kinda had a point in the final episode of season 2.
The writer didn't even realise they did, but it's kinda obvious that whatever their initial idea for Jerry was, it didn't worked out, there is no way to fix that and they need to dump him.
>>
File: 527436847981342.gif (72KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
527436847981342.gif
72KB, 499x281px
>>91229217
>>91230017
>Jerry has been gone most of the season
>Beth becomes more and more like Rick both in personality and drinking, completely codependent on Rick to the point it's effecting Rick's adventures/work
>going as far as breaking Rick's stuff to stop him from leaving the house.
>kids are really worried at mom's downward spiral and seek Jerry out in hopes they can get them back together
>they find Jerry, looking better, talking more confidently and has had a successful well paying job.
>also has a hot,loving, understanding girlfriend
>lives better now then when he did with Beth
>kids try to make him come back
>he refuses
>Rick gets involved
>Rick ruins his carrier by sending photos of when he was flashing his wang at the space hospital
>makes his gf leave him by having her seduced by his good friend Mr. Poopy Butthole
>burns his new place down
>"Whelp Jerry, guess you g-blaup-got to come back"
>Jerry kills himself
>"God damnit!"
>Rick goes and grabs an alternate Jerry that accidentally killed the family and makes him come back to even out Beth
>Status Quo returns
>>
>>91224463
Unless Jerry can find he'll probably move back in with his parents. But if that doesn't work he'll probably end up jobless.
>>
>>91224573
>dumber and dumber
except he was fucking right at the end of the episode, Beth has a dependency on Rick that he abuses, and even outright states that he uses in order to keep Beth liking him, Jerry can be a bit of a moron, but Rick really does fuck with Beth and she's blind to it, honestly i hope he does leave for the season, and i hope they later have an episode where the find Jerry again, and have him turn out alright with a new girlfriend and a decent job, because honestly many people like him have a shit time with jobs and relationships, but what actually makes it difficult for him is rick and the love that Beth has for him that makes anything he says seem demonised in her eyes, in fact i hope he ends up getting a successful relationship because then Beth may finally realise that it was never her or Jerry that was fucking their relationship, it was Rick.
>>
>>91230517
Meant to say homeless not jobless. Regardless I don't imagine things are going to look up for Jerry at any point in the future, even if he and Beth get back together (which probably isn't going to happen).
>>
>>91230442
I don't think the C137 family is friends with Mr. Poopy Butthole, otherwise this doesn't sound too far away from what they would do
>>
The thing about Jerry is that he's unarguably the shows third best character behind the titular ones. But ironically the problem is the fact that he's TOO good. Jerrry gets just about as much attention as Rick and Morty and is the highlight to the majority of the B-plots. He's so used the show honestly feels more like "Rick and Morty and Jerry". the reason is because he can be a good straight man whilst still having enough faults to be funny on his own.

Summer is only ever good as a straightman reacting to Ricks antics but flat on her own, and Beth is the definition character of "wasted potential". While i hope he remains as a central character I can understand why they'd want to remove him from the main group as a means to incentive's writers to use the other characters, especially Beth whose a complete dead fish.
>>
>Beth is going to come in some adventures

Copy and paste the bullshit Francine in AD pulls and there you go
>>
>>91225831
>better-than-Jerry husband from the Jerry Daycare
Paul isn't better than Jerry, otherwise he wouldn't need to be put in the daycare. I think Beth just latches on to losers to feel better about herself.
>>
>>91230442
You say this as if Jerry won't still be a regular part of Morty and Summer's lives.
Also, Jerry should be the one to keep the house, be he probably won't.
>>
So the show has to end with Morty killing Rick right?
>>
>>91230848
He's not Beth said as much at the end of the episode.
>>
>>91230805
Francine is more Ditzy Blonde, Beth doesn't have much character but when it's shown is mostly Stockholm Syndrome Girlfriend but instead it's with her dad which can be used for some really weird scenarios and interactions.
>>
Odds on who Beth starts fucking?
WIll she go total slut mode or not?
>>
>>91230848
you could write it that Rick's adventure kept them to busy.
>>
>>91225497
Shut up, Justin.
>>
>>91225192
When I started watching this show i was really hoping they would break the "dumb dad" cliche that infests cartoons.
>>
>>91230878
That's why I said that.
>>
>>91225273
God dammit, Justin!
>>
>>91227944
good post
>>
>Rick and Morty, a show for "adults", has writers who think having no plot is good.
>show inevitably falls into all the traps of no plot comedies in that the characters become exaggerated idiot versions of themselves
>Star vs, a kid's show, manages to develop a very well balanced story throughout the second season and manages to balance comedy with an ongoing story
>characters actually change naturally through the course of the show
really makes you think
>>
>>91231122
Justin and co. arent disney material right now.
>>
>>91230630
Beth isn't since she shot him, but why wouldn't the others be?
>>
>>91231122

Except the characters are well aware of the "retcons"

Morty literally had to witness leaving his old dimension behind and bury his current dimension's dead Body
>>
>>91231122

>exaggerated versions of their characters

This isn't Family Guy anon

Take your copy pasta and go away
>>
>>91231179
There's a pretty sound theory that the family in that episode (and the previous episode) are an from an alternate dimension
>>
>>91231232
Why?
>>
>>91231252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
>tldw: according to the number on the ticket, the rick and morty that save the fart cloud are actually not rick and morty C137. after morty kills the cloud, rick is seen picking up some rocks. at the beginning of the next episode, rick is seen dumping the rocks into the trash can, establishing that this is still not C137 rick and morty, which would explain where the character mr. poopy butthole comes from.
>>
>>91231344
What if the number on the ticket is randomly generated and they don't check which universe you're from
>>
>>91225985
Fuck off my IQ is 147, at the lowest, and 179 at the highest, based off 6 tests I took online. My median IQ is 160, but no matter how you look at it, I'm way more smart than you.
>>
Nowhere. Christ Parnell has said many times he hates that he's doing the same character as he is on Archer for Jerry. So they just decided to remove him entirely. Ez pz.
>>
File: doofusrick.png (893KB, 1280x683px) Image search: [Google]
doofusrick.png
893KB, 1280x683px
Will Doofus Rick ever return?
>>
>>91231473
that doesn't matter; the number on the ticket they hand the two at the beginning of the episode says 5126, and we definitely know they are C137 Rick and Morty because it said so on the clipboard. At the end, a separate Rick asks the one we were watching the whole episode if they had Jerry 5126.
>>
>>91231618
He's probably the one taking care of the surviving Morty's on the citadel.
>>
I felt like he has the potential to be a great character if he actually manages to overcome the fucking writers that just keep screwing him over each and every chance he gets. The best Jerry we got is Cronenberg-World Jerry.
>>
>>91231544
Which is too bad. A few times we see Jerry start to develope a backbone and even become a hero at times. The show forgot that he saved Beth from the marriage councelor monster, and it's annoying that they're deliberately holding back his character development for the sake of making him into Meg: a character we're told to hate despite not having much reason to do so.
>>
File: bittersweet.jpg (136KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
bittersweet.jpg
136KB, 1280x716px
>>91231618
We don't deserve Doofus Rick. He is too pure.
>>
>>91231735
I feel like one of the writers hates that the other(s) are giving Jerry likable qualities and so they continuously shit on Jerry and rewrite him to be dumber each episode. Is it Justin? Dan? Some other asshole?
>>
>>91225394
Could just have been that version of Jerry.

Our new Jerry is a fucking spineless limp dicked coward.
>>
>>91230879
have beth completely wanting rick's cock
>>
>>91231344
didn't catch that, that's clever.
>>
>>91231618
>After nine seasons, Rick finally finds some more Mulan sauce.
>Half way though eating his mcnuggets, Doofus Rick reveals he was the one who invented Mulan sauce.
>McDonalds pulled it off the market after they discovered it was made of shit.
>Mulan sauce is made of shit.
>Rick had been eating shit this whole time.
>Rick continues to eat McNuggets while screaming "Mulan sauce is made of shit."
>>
>>91231812
New Jerry still saved Beth from the counseling monsters.
>>
>>91227944
With Doofus Rick
>>
>>91231735
The writers fell into the trap of "taking things farther=making things better" in Season 2. Rick became way more of a Gary Stu, Jerry is reduced to a complete living joke, Beth gets treated like she's the voice of reason even more (despite being the most unlikeable character), and for some reason they tried to make Morty more edgy. They gave him more dialogue that just felt like Justin using him as a mouthpiece to voice his Sophomoric, teenage nihilism.

Rick and Morty isn't the first show to make this mistake. Over extremeness hurt the quality of Drawn Together, Billy And Mandy and Chowder. I guess you could call it Flanderization, but I hate quoting TV Tropes and this feels... different. The characters aren't altered, the writers just turned up the dials to an obnoxious level.

The response to this tends to be "You're just offended", but I'm not. I'm just not laughing.
>>
>>91224463
Considering how few lines he got, I have a hunch he might be gone for good. Didn't his VA also go on strike for the few video-games he was in?
>>
>>91231538
rofl
>>
>>91231955
Jerry's always been a fucking loser, and Rick is not a perfect character and Beth is definitely NOT the voice of reason. Morty isn't becoming edgy, he's just getting desensitized to Rick's bullshit
>>
>>91231538
You know, it's hard to defend this show against the "lol only redditors like this show" trope with a-holes like you around.

I bet you're the most handsome boy in school, anon. I bet you kiss all the girls.
>>
File: like I give a fuck.png (200KB, 302x249px) Image search: [Google]
like I give a fuck.png
200KB, 302x249px
>>91232045
And he still need his parents for financial support.
>>
>>91231939
Doofus Rick isn't actually from the shit eating dimension, they were just fucking with him.
>>
>>91225497
>dumb people suck and ruin everything.
Watch, the next couple episodes will have him converting to Christianity
>>
>>91224463
>Jerry is never allowed to succeed.
>Every high he gets is countered by increasingly sadistic lows

If their intention was to create a character that gives you second hand embarassment on sight, then it fucking worked but I think Jerry could be better than this. He makes the most sense and is, at this point, the only character who isn't a complete piece of shit except MAYBE Morty.

If they keep him around, I hope they fix that.
>>
>>91232045
I almost thought you took his bait, but then I realized it's double-bait, well done.
>>
>>91225831
>Beth travels to another dimension
>kills Other Beth
>takes her place and pretends the divorce never happened
>>
>>91232042
Beth isn't the voice of reason but she's sure portrayed as one. Or, rather, she faces the fewest consequences and is the least likely to be the butt of jokes. It feels like she's the waifu for one of the writers. Maybe this writer hates Jerry for stealing Beth. Who knows.

It also didn't feel like Rick was actually rubbing off onto Morty. I would love if they did that, but it just feels like Season 2 was trying to be louder and more obnoxious than Season 1. And I don't feel sorry for Jerry, he's a cartoon character, but at this point he's just Meg and his suffering has gone from hilarious to tiring.
>oh look, Jerry gets shat on again
It's just an old schtick that could still work if they tried to space it out more.
>>
>>91224463
I'd like Jerry to man up and divorce Beth. Morty won't be affected, he knows the deal. Summer will try to make it about her but she's almost 18 and therefore mentally an adult so she can fucking deal with it.
He needs to get with Sleepy Gary or find himself a real human doctor wife, I'm sure either would love his spinelessness, unlike his current wife. She takes advantage of it, treating him like shit, instead of the actually devoted loving father/husband he is.
>>
>>91232234
>double bait
I beg your excuse me, humble strange? I'm oblivious as to what your inquiring.
>>
>>91232234
That's not what bait is you stupid reddit tourists
>>
>>91230524
Im hoping they just do this. I like Jerry but as a recurring character he just keeps getting shit on. If he disappears for all but a couple episodes where we see his life has turned around for the best then that would be just fine
>>
>>91232214
At this point Rick is of course entertaining but I really hate him. Obviously the writers know how fucked up he is and how his relationship with his family is not very good so I'm not too mad about it. I guess it's just that fans' reaction to it that has me peeved. People act like Jerry just sucks on every level and Rick is so cool and good for Beth, Summer, Morty.
>inb4 "it's a fucking cartoon idiot"
>>
>>91225366
>tfw Rick and Morty has better animation and more consistent character heights than Steven Universe.
>>
>>91232330
1/10
>>
The show is fine, alt-right pissbabies are just triggered that for once the dumb straight white male patriarch doesnt get everything he wants.

Sweetie, you shouldve dropped this cartoon when Jerry'd dad was revealed to be a "cuck".
>>
>>91225354
>Granted if they do go with that, he'll get fucked super hard by the end and be forced to take Beth back due to humiliating circumstances.

Yeah and you know Rick will orchestrate his downfall either out of spite, because Beth is incredibly butthurt that Jerry isn't miserable, or because Beth is dating a guy who is the opposite of Jerry and makes things difficult for Rick.
>>
>>91232592
And fuck Barron
>>
>>91232570
>Rick is a sexist, ableist, misogynistic asshole
>he destroys a stable government
>he's a good guy because FUCK THE GOVERNMENT

Yeah, this show might as well have been written by /pol/. I fucking expect a Donald Trump guest appearance. I just don't get how they could turn this show around into alt right, white supremacy territory in just one season. Fuck fascism, fuck white people and fuck Rick and Morty.
>>
>>91232570
I'm nowhere near alt-right and and I don't have a problem with the show, but it should be pretty obvious that Jerry is right about the family worshiping Rick too much, and the response to that shouldn't be "well let's just get a divorce".
>>
>>91231538
>I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
>Bazinga
>>
>>91232675
Yeah, Jerry's patheticness is funny but the show seems to punish him more for calling out Rick's bullshit than it does for his actual faults. In fact, it seems like they keep giving him more flaws just to undermine his criticism of Rick. It's just lazy writing, pandering to the people who think that, deep down, they're Rick.
>>
>>91232673
>Rick collapses a unified ((one galaxy government)) by manipulation of their single (fiat currency)
What did Roiland and Harmon mean by this?
>>
>>91232748
>Zimbabwe
>>
>>91232748
underrated
>>
>>91232570
>for once the dumb straight white male patriarch doesnt get everything he wants
k sweetie i know this is bait but
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BumblingDad
"straight white male patriarch gets everything he wants" is the exception to the norm now, if anything
>>
>>91232761
Yeah exactly. Jerry is definitely a doofus but he has a point about Rick, and people just like to divert attention to his flaws than address Rick's. In and out of the show.
>>
>>91232761
I'd actually like sad subversion were Jerry ends up happier with this outcome.
>>
>>91232796
>Garzoople
>>91232773
It means that the way Rick defeats such a powerful, massive enemy is comically mundane. It's deliberately unsatisfying as a joke.
>>
File: r.jpg (28KB, 346x354px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
28KB, 346x354px
I'm unsatisfied with how the show turned out after seeing the true pilot. Or is a fucked up character like Rick not "PC" enough for Adult Swim?
It's all adults watching it, fucking a
>>
>>91232818
What do you know? You're not straight, no way, you're here.
>>
>>91232910
>It's all adults watching it
lol
>>
>>91232920
Straight as a ramrod familia. I'm black, it's impossible for me to be gay.
>>
>>91225192
I thought he was unlikable since the pilot
>barging in on his wife's work and insistently interrupting like an annoying prick while dissing it under his breath
>>
>>91232856
I found it pretty funny. It was much more entertaining than the alternatives of setting off their nukes. Unless you meant you took the fed more seriously and expected a multi episode arc to deal with it in a comedy show.
>>
>>91232954
She's unsatisfied with it too, so it's acceptable.
>>
>>91232947
>I'm black, it's impossible for me to be gay.
That's homophobic!
>>
>>91226671
Stop making excuses for Jerry
>>
>>91231618
Doofus Rick and Sleepy Gary are truly the only people Jerry has ever loved more than anyone.
>>
File: 1467270014705.jpg (81KB, 1050x550px) Image search: [Google]
1467270014705.jpg
81KB, 1050x550px
>>91232947
*blocks your path*
>>
>>91232947
A ramrod up someone's ass, that's why you're a chocolate man.
>>
>>91232761
i think one of the things that kinda ruins the enjoyment of rick and morty for me is that, as much as i love the jokes and sci fi concepts of many episodes is that as much as we are shown that rick is a horrible influence the narrative still put hims in the right way too many ocasions

i don't know the name of that archetype/trope but you know many characters like that, "here is our flawed protagonist (look at him do something badass) he is a horrible person (please feel sorry for him)

hell dan harmon had the same problem when writing community, he wanted to have both "look at this flawed group of neurotics!" a la iasip and "aww they love each other" with forced group hugs
>>
>>91224463
It's a trick, Beth agree's with him.
>>
>>91233032
>not *blacks your path*
>>
>>91232518
That isnt some kind of feat m8
>>
>>91233039
Fuck off tho.
>>
>>91232266
That'd be amazing
>>
>>91224463
He's recruited by Evil Morty for revenge?
>>
There's literally only two ways they could take it.
Jerry gets his own arc on the side that will end up being significant in some way
or he literally just never shows up again and that's the entire joke
>>
>>91232518
Model sheets are inherently bad anon
>>
>>91233061
> "look at this flawed group of neurotics!" a la iasip and "aww they love each other" with forced group hugs

The Study Group was actually likable and genuinely sympathetic until Season 3.
>>
>>91232973
No, I agree. I thought it was hilarious. The anon was asking what they meant by it, and I just mean he's looking too deeply into it. Rick and Morty balances comedy with drama fairly well, but the former is always the priority.
>>91233061
There are some names for it
>designated hero
>unintentionally unsympathetic protagonist
>martyr sue
>author insert
Some episodes handle Rick and his destructiveness really well. Others, not so much. It seems like it all depends on the writer, which is a detail I haven't looked at closely enough.

I'm a little hopeful for Season 3, but the ending was clearly ejecting Jerry from the show with enthusiasm while embracing Rick's nihilism in an edgy, tryhard way. I have some faith in the writers, since they're very good at defying expectations, but I'm still concerned that they'll turn Rick into what misuided fans think Rick is.
>>
>>91233061

>right way on many occasions

The show on many occasions tells you that Rick isn't a good guy

Rick knows this as well

Morty had to explain it to Summer this entire episode and she didn't understand

Only Morty, Rick and the viewer understands
>>
>>91233260
>Only Morty, Rick and the viewer understands
And Jerry.
But many viewers don't understand.
>>
>>91233260
Lots of people say Rick isn't the good guy, but then he does something badass, wins, and his detractor gets humiliated. It's obvious that his anti-hero traits are supposed to be admired.
>>
>>91224463
I used to be annoyed by Jerry but lately I have felt sympathy for him. It is completely understandable why he has such disdain for Rick and I honestly hope Rick gets some sort of comeuppance but I doubt that's gonna happen.
>>
>>91225745
>halfway down his thigh
>flaccid

Are you a girl?
>>
>>91233305

I agree

Season 2 in general did this a lot

But the newest episode puts it in perspective when it's specifically Summer and Beth who are acting like he's the hero

Even specific when Rick tells Morty that's exactly what he wanted to get rid of Jerry
>>
File: Rick and Morty_PokyRick_Morty.jpg (194KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_PokyRick_Morty.jpg
194KB, 1276x720px
>>
>neets can't into social and work obligations ITT

He was probably just written out since Chris Parnell does other shit besides this show and people enjoy casting him in stuff.
He also didn't particularly like voicing Jerry since it was the same type of beta character he's still doing for Archer.
>>
>>91230442
fuckin damn. That totally sounds like an actual episode.
>>
>>91225192
>>91225394
Reminds me of when the Mighty B writers were somehow unsure about whether Penny was Bessie's best friend or part of Portia's hive
>>
>>91233305
What badass thing did he do that somehow not makes him an asshole? Most of the shit he does is making up for shit he caused.
>>
>>91232518
I hate SU's retarded storyboarding proportions too but at least it tries to have actual animation for most episodes.
>>
>>91232570
But Rick is the straight white male patriarch.
>>
>>91233150
I swear I saw this page in Invincible....
>>
>>91225354
I think they'll have him date a guy, he did fall in love with a dude at one point.
>>
>>91233694
>Sanchez
>white
>>
>>91233914

>What is Spain

american education
>>
File: RickSanchez.png (198KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
RickSanchez.png
198KB, 500x376px
>>91233949
Does this look Spanish to you?

Also the Spanish have been getting culturally enriched for awhile, last time I went to Madrid and Barcelona I saw a lot of brown people even in the good places.
>>
>>91234060

It's a partying costume m8

>last time I went to Madrid and Barcelona I saw a lot of brown people even in the good places.

d-delet this
>>
>>91224463
Enemy for Rick
Redemption arc where he gets his shit together and comes out better for it
>>
>>91234146
>d-delet this
:)
>>
Personally, I'm kinda glad they went this way?

Without getting into how Rick himself is a dangerous influence and all, the show has *consistently* shown Beth and Jerry's relationship to be at the least, mentally exhausting if not abusive.

Let's say for the sake of argument that it was *both* their own faults for having an unwanted pregnancy and not just his. Jerry still talked her out of the abortion, yet has mocked or disrespected her profession several times despite the fact the pregnancy/ Summer/ staying with him put her there, and most recently kept bragging about he had a new job (which he did not understand what he was doing nor realize the Galactic federation was hand-holding him) at the cost of Beth's own career becoming useless. He also talks down to both Beth and Summer, despite being unable to get another job on his own. (So does Rick, but again, not bringing him up here)

Beth quietly disrespects Jerry back most of the time, and apart form heat of the moment passion, she's given up on expecting much out of her husband. She has emotional abandonment issues, most of which are from Rick but Jerry is still pretty guilty of ignoring her too, being wrapped up in his own shit while she drinks to stifle her pain.

This is not a good relationship. The show has said numerous times that it is not a good relationship. All Beth and Jerry ever have are moments of passion or a fucking apocalypse to bond over. And unlike any other animated sitcom with a dopey dad and an attractive but frustrated wife, Rick and Morty actually went there and had them divorce. I kinda hope it will stick.
>>
>>91234060
Someone asked Justin and Dan if he was Hispanic but they dodged the question.

He does refer to the Devil a "honky ass motherfucker" but Rick is the kind of person who wouldn't give a shit about dissing the white race even if he's white, he's a misanthrope.

As for him being Spanish/Mexican/Peruvian/Etc... I mean the Sanchez came from somewhere and the man does exhibit some of those less than stellar Latino stereotypes, so who knows.
>>
>>91234294

There was an entire episode revolving around them viewing themselves through those alternate reality goggles. At the end, they find out they're only happy together.

So I guess that whole episode was pointless?
>>
>>91234420
That Beth and Jerry ended up happy in the Cronenberg world.
>>
>>91234478
Actually, that makes sense if you take Cronenberg Beth & Jerry as possible either because they are subtly different from the current Beth & Jerry or Rick's introduction makes it impossible for both to stay together.
>>
>>91234478
Crazed though
>>
>>91224463
I hope he never comes back
>>
File: Invincible 108-011.jpg (3MB, 1836x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Invincible 108-011.jpg
3MB, 1836x1896px
>>91233150
>>91233827
There we go
>>
>>91232181
>Doofus Rick been bullied all his life with saying he is from the shit-eating dimension despite he is not from there.
>His master revenge plan is traveling back in time (as only a "dumb-ass Rick" would ever attempt time travel) and invent an incredible delicious sauce made out of shit that is irresistible to Ricks.
>Any Rick that survived the fall of the council can't help but eat the shit.
>>
>>91234294
>This is not a good relationship. The show has said numerous times that it is not a good relationship
You're right, but none of what you said is the reason they divorced. They SHOULD separate, because they DO have a bad relationship, but what made them decide to split wasn't the numerous faults between them, it was Beth's worship and Jerry's disdain for Rick. Which is bad, because Jerry is actually right about how unhealthy it is for the family to constantly excuse Rick and think he's a hero.
>>
>>91231538
JERRY IS IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>91230849
i hope so
>>
Why doesn't Rick just go to a dimension where they have the Mulan sauce?
>>
>>91234777
>Jerry is actually right about how unhealthy it is for the family to constantly excuse Rick and think he's a hero.
To be fair, in the episode they said this will be their darkest adventures, and with Morty almost shooting Rick, being scared of him, and everything, it seems like this season will be a deconstruction of Rick and how horrible he really is
>>
>>91234478
The Cronenberg episode already happened. Remember when Morty shows Summer his own grave in the backyard?
>>
>>91231122

It was stated already early on that the show isn't going to have a sequential plot, it was going to be episodic in nature. You know, so you could just turn on the TV and extrapolate what's going on quickly and just enjoy the show.

Not every show is breaking bad. I bet you also the type of retard to watch seinfeld starting at episode one huh?
>>
>>91234871

>trying to apply the show's rules to itself

it's meant to be a silly show about adventures in space.
>>
>>91231344
what does it matter if its a different R&M? I mean if those two episodes exist outside of the main timeline that just means we don't know what main timeline R&M did it doesn't clarify anything
>>
>>91232266
Poetry
>>
>>91230848
Why would he keep the house? It's neither in his name nor has he had a job for most of the two seasons.
>>
>>91232592
>>91232570
T. Buzzfeed
>>
>>91235207
>It's neither in his name
Proofs?
>>
>>91224463
Jerry's gonna make a complete fool out of Rick.

I suspect the private discussion had in the latest episode that resulted in Beth announcing her divorce was really just a ploy to see how much Rick drags the family down. Remember, minutes earlier in the episode Beth was vowing how she would choose Jerry over Rick.
>>
>>91225192
Jerry's voice actor is actually the one who does the bulk of the writing for the character.
>>
>>91232675
>I'm nowhere near alt-right
Neither are most of the "alt-right"
>>
>>91235564
I think that's more about Beth never being able to say no to her daddy when the time comes. She said she'd never forgive Rick but I dont think she has the conviction to stay with it. Shes too fucked up emotionally.
>>
>>91235526
It's implied in Big Trouble in Little Sanchez when Beth and Jerry are having a fight to the therapy planet and then confirmed in Interdimensional Cable 2 when Beth states something in the way of "Support? Like how you support having everything we own in my name?" then for a triple back to back in Look Who's Purging Now Jerry when Begging to Summer makes it clear he is trying to get on his feet and that heavily implies he has nothing tied to him considering the family seem to have no real money issues.
>>
>>91235564

Yeah, for comedic effect because literally as soon as the words escape her mouth Rick enters the room and she abandons this idea. It was done for comedic timing to show how spineless she is and willing to go back to someone who abuses her simply hoping to get his approval.

On this note, it really makes me realize how bitter the Roiland is when it comes to Jerry. It's pretty obvious they are going out of their way to demonstrate the (shitty) idea that sensitive, caring men garner respect from no one. I feel like Justin is portraying his insecurities onto the character and "killing" Jerry to show that he's conquering his weakness.

Think about it for a second. What is Jerry actually guilty of that Beth is not guilty of as well? She engages in the same manipulative, psychologically unhealthy behaviors as Jerry, including giving her abuser (Rick) infinite opportunities to abuse her emotionally. Yet, for some reason, the writers of the show portray Beth to be some kind of "voice of reason/dose of reality" despite the fact that she has no authority to say something like "Jerry's going to spend some time.......... divorced." (Which is the shittiest way possible to phrase it)

I truly hope they are going somewhere with the Jerry thing. If not, it is a shame that they actively took part in this new age practice of mocking and destroying the traditional family unit.
>>
>>91235758
Alright then.
>>
File: pegal.jpg (131KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
pegal.jpg
131KB, 800x544px
>>91235779
New age practice? Where were you the last 5 decades?
>>
>>91224463
The current Rick is living on borrowed time. He's too Rick-like at this point.
>>
File: ralphkramden.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ralphkramden.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>91235872
> 5 decades
goes farther back then that. Almost like this functioning family unit is more a meme and most are just making it up as they go along.
>>
File: 1430680704248.png (481KB, 449x718px) Image search: [Google]
1430680704248.png
481KB, 449x718px
>>91235779
you're taking Jerry at absolute face value and missing the point.

He's not there to be another deconstruction of the traditional nuclear family. He's there to show how shitty Rick is, both directly and indirectly, to the most innocent of those connected to his life.

He's supposed to make you hate Rick, not Roiland.
>>
File: 1490282512919.png (101KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
1490282512919.png
101KB, 500x331px
>>91224463
If they have any understanding of development and themes he is going to leave the family and end up amazing because everything Rick is around rots and turns to dust. Oh he will also be miserable because he is a good family man despite being a failure in almost every way.

Or alternatively they are going to flanderize him and make him into a family guy gag character like Meg.
>>
>>91235779
Not really for comedic effect if it was several minutes between the lines.

Y'know, I really don't see how Rick is so spiteful of Jerry. So he knocked up his daughter... the daughter YOU walked out on for years. Where were you? Not parenting, apparently. And don't solely blame Jerry for Beth's life now. Beth wasn't raped & forced to keep the pregnancy. Beth fully well knew what she was getting into when she opened her legs. Her mistake is entirely her choice.
>>
>>91236106

https://vid.me/f698483c-cc11-4330-89ee-ac795bcec971

at t-3:38. Heck, I'll even transcribe it for you.
Jerry: Are we ever going to stop paying for indulging for your father-- Our children, our planet, our jobs-- Is there anything left to lose?
Beth: Just each other. And I'll never let you go; and I am so sorry I ever did this to us.
[Rick Portals in]
Rick: Guess who just dismantled the government!
Beth: Please don't leave me again.
>>
>>91230524
Rick is a major problem and Jerry will have a better life never seeing the man again but I think his marriage has been doomed for a while, a lot of times it seemed like dug himself into that rut their relationship is in (like how he never seemed to show Beth's job respect)
>>
>>91236301
Oh. Whoops. Remembered it wrong.
>>
File: wub.jpg (3KB, 312x210px) Image search: [Google]
wub.jpg
3KB, 312x210px
>>91224463
Beth will do something stupid when Rick's away like put her and Summer in danger that requires Rick to save them. Rick then will discover that without Jerry, Beth is crazy and paranoid 24/7 at the idea her dad will leave again. Thus Rick will seek Jerry out and find him in a muddy puddle with a cardboard box. He'll ask him to come back, Jerry will say yes, they will pan out showing it's the other side of the backyard fence that Jerry has been camping out at and things will go back to normal with Rick possibly appreciating Jerry more.
>>
>>91225366
I admire that they shoot for consistency. Makes me feel a lil bad for SU.
>>
>>91225831
Speaking of the Jerry daycare, aren't there probably dozens of marooned Jerries without a Rick now that the Citadel of Ricks has been destroyed (more or less)?
>>
>>91231122
>>show inevitably falls into all the traps of no plot comedies in that the characters become exaggerated idiot versions of themselves

But this happens in shows like Steven Universe too
>>
>>91234294
>>91233305
>>91233243
>>91233061
>>91232761

thinking about it, the writers are clearly aware that rick is a horrible person but they also love his archetype and the idea that an asshole can still be cool and admired by others (i think this is more evident with harmon, if you watch community from seasons 1 to 3 you get to notice how his ego and which character he identify the most affect the story and how likeable the characters get, not to menton the awful plot with britta parents in s5)

i mean, people symphatize with walter white until today
>>
>>91236314
>I think his marriage has been doomed for a while
i do agree that Jerry is a bit of a wuss, but at the same time it's not hard to pin a lot of the problems with their marriage, not to mention a LOT of Jerry's mental health problems with Rick, don't forget, we have never seen how their marriage was before Rick was there, they already had 2 kids, i'd wager that Rick being there really fucked things up.
>>
>>91236339

But you're still right, I think she actually did say she would side with him over Rick earlier as well. We were both right.
>>
>>91231538
Is this satire?
>>
>>91235758
>Jerry when Begging to Summer makes it clear he is trying to get on his feet
That was just so sad because it either means he is begging money where she works and he doesn't or that Jerry is hoping he can get Summer to get money from Beth to give to him.
>>
File: reaction254.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
reaction254.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
>>91224527
I'd still laugh my ass off if he said exactly that
>>
>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW>NEW REVIEW
>>
>>91232973
This is such tired thinking, why can't a show have both comedy and arcs?
>>
Rick is bipolar. At the end of season 2 he's depressed and he leaves because he genuinely believes it's what's best for everyone.

At the beginning of season 3, he's entered a manic state. He busts out of jail, forms a plan to go home, acting like a total asshole and killing an unnecessary amount of people on his way there, then when Beth and Jerry are getting a divorce he acts like somehow he did anything to make that happen besides showing up because he's angry and he's lashing out.

Everyone in that family is damaged, but in some fucked up, twisted way, cares about at least some other people in the family.
>>
>>91231122
>>show inevitably falls into all the traps of no plot comedies in that the characters become exaggerated idiot versions of themselves

This is hardly contained to no plot comedies
>>
>>91234777
I'll give you that, but every time they take Rick out of the picture, their marriage just stalls or another moment of passion briefly unites Beth and Jerry again.

Mr. Meseeks on a rampage and being trapped in a couples therapy center with a horrendous Beth-monster on the loose didn't break them apart. They bicker and argue but stay together in episodes where they aren't dealing first hand with Rick's bullshit. The alt versions of them in Cronenburg World are practically joined at the hip.

The issue with Rick is the one thing that can drive them apart for good, and it seems to have gotten results, finally.
>>
>>91237049
Rick is such an obnoxious Mary Sue at this point. I hope morty lashes out and kills him, and all ricks will be dead cause he destroyed the citadel.
>>
>>91237130
To add to this, does nobody remember the fucking alternative goggles episode? Jerry will be successful, but empty, same goes for Beth, and they'll end up back together, in the same way, and the writers will hunk they're so clever and everyone will say,"pear pottery" and ejaculate.
>>
>>91237130
>Mary Sue
But he's a piece of shit. That's a big part of it. Rick KNOWS Jerry is right about him, but he takes advantage of the fact that nobody else realizes it.

Also, it's entirely possible he's still in a simulation in his head and the family will have to bust him out in the end.
>>
>>91237130
I wouldt say that he is a mary sue.

He has plenty of faults, and even Morty knows that he is a little shit.

The epsiode mentioned it like 3 times and I agree, he is more like a mad god.
>>
>>91225192
But Jerry was awesome in Big Trouble in Little Sanchez?
>>
>>91237201
>>91237201

I think what people mean when they call Rick a mary sue is he is without equal. Most protagonists are matched by antagonists who equal them in power, or provide a foil in terms of their weakness. For example, Superman has Lex Luthor. He may not be Supes' Physical equal but he is a threat.

It's not enough that Rick has flaws, but rick needs an equal or a stunning defeat by someone else. Otherwise, he feels "too good" for his own story. We enjoy seeing someone be beaten by someone else ; It shows a type of relatable humanity. No one is unbeatable.
>>
>>91237447

>It shows a type of relatable humanity

That's where you made an invalid assumption.
The Infinite Rick is pretty much a demon or fucked up god, not a human.
Everything you think of from a normal human perspective is fake to him. You don't know shit while he knows practically everything.

The one part of his fake origin nonsense that was actually honest said it.
Morty said it.
Even Jerry pretty much said it when he commented on Rick forgetting the word "human".
>>
>>91232973
>"HOW DO WE FIX THIS?"
>"I'll tell you how... for some money."
>It just devolves into everyone murdering each other for the nicest jacket
Sure, it's a pretty "I'm a 19 year old philosophy major and I've got it all figured out" joke, but the execution had me giggling.
>>
>>91237852
that's why this version of rick is kind of boring
It's not fun when one character is pretty much all-powerful and going to be right all the time

I think season one made a good balance of having Rick able to make mistakes and be wrong and do funny retarded stuff (make the world into cronenburgs, tell morty that he couldn't have a good adventure but being wrong, trying to explode the world while being drunk as hell)

It's more fun when he's a flawed guy that makes lots of dumb mistakes and also has his moments, than him just being this unstoppable demon/god thing that no one can hold a candle to
>>
>>91233061
I've always seen it like Rick is objectively right (in that he's basically cracked the code of reality and can do whatever he wants), but being objectively right isn't what being human is about.

Like, if multiverse theory is confirmed to exist, then it's essentially correct that all life is meaningless (because there's countless other lives out there in the multiverse that are virtually indistinguishable).
But obviously it would be wrong to say "fuck it, that life is worthless". It's correct, but it's not right.

Rick is correct, but that doesn't mean he's not a piece of shit. He's just a really smart piece of shit. It's like Thanos with the infinity gauntlet; knowledge may be power, but might doesn't always equate to right.
>>
>>91237852

>The Infinite Rick is pretty much a demon or fucked up god

Which is exactly why some people don't like him. Fucked up Gods are not fun to watch. Once a character becomes too powerful he becomes boring.
>>
>>91234871
Either A) it was a one-off silly joke, B) he wants the Mulan sauce in HIS universe so he doesn't have to jump through hoops to get his fix, or C) the Mulan sauce is actually gonna be some sort of deceptively important plot point.

With the kit Rick has access to, he should be able to just shape the world in his image, but he hasn't for whatever reason. I'd actually like them to explore that some in this new season, especially since the season premier basically established Rick as an omnipotent techno-god with a Killing Joke backstory that may or may not have happened.
>>
>>91224463
they should just make him kill more shit and defending his family and stuff like that mantis accidents thing. He is good with guns and fighting for sure.
>>
>>91237852
>>91237930
What are the odds that the real Rick was captured and replaced by an alternate Rick who was super far-gone and views himself as above humanity?

Like, what if the lovable asshole "I love my grandkids" Rick got captured by the Rick who ACTUALLY experienced the tragic backstory?
>>
>>91234294
>at the cost of Beth's own career becoming useless.

Because there was a miracle pill that makes living things live centuries.

That's the issue. Beth gets pissy about things that are good for other people, or bigger than herself. The S2 finale was her ranting that daddy was around while Bird Person tries to explain there was and still is a war on.
>>
>>91238018
Rick is the villain, or at least a negative force of nature that the rest of the characters react to. You're supposed to root for the powerless characters (his family) to find some way to realize what he is, and escape from him. That's why they're building Summer up to be a Rick-worshipping nut like Beth, and why Jerry's last scene in the episode was played straight rather than him comedically submit to Rick again. He's the example you're supposed to hope the rest of the family follows, and you're supposed to feel uncomfortable with Summer going to the lengths she's going to to deify Rick (she even had the stock "losing her sanity" strand of loose hair for the whole episode).
>>
>>91238033

Rick would die of boredom if he actually used the full potential of his technology.
>>
File: s3e1.png (991KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
s3e1.png
991KB, 1280x720px
>>91225366
We got to see ricks dick in the opener:
>>
>>91224463
Hopefully he dies for good. He's a drain on the show.
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>91231122
>Star vs, a kid's show, manages to develop a very well balanced story throughout the second season and manages to balance comedy with an ongoing story
>characters actually change naturally through the course of the show
>>
>>91224463
I always took it that Jerry was supposed to be in the right since Rick is an evil sociopath that does horrible things.
>>
>>91238914
No, the point is we're all assholes, just different kinds of assholes.
>>
>>91231538
tactical bait
>>
>>91224527
why do you hate fun?
>>
>>91224463
eh. he'll suffer but never get any better or worse
a few people will recognize the few good things he does, but something outside will ruin his ability to appreciate that. but at least he'll be aware of it, and get some perspective on his role and how despite his flaws people treat him a lot worse than they should
>>91225329
beth and jerry are fuckin twu wuv, man. remember the dimensional tv episode? beth's just kind of mean and needs to be nicer
>>
>>91236543
seems unnecessary for this kind of art and animation style though, it's not as if they ever move past side angles
there's good animation from time to time but it's all still basically posing flash dolls. there's a reason fans were able to do that dead-on court thing
>>
>>91225394
I liked how crawling home is what saved his life though. Kinda gives you perspective.
>>
>>91225617
I have noticed a LOT of "if they were going to X they should have done it years ago, before making so many "are they going to X or not?" episodes where they always don't X" in tv over the last several years, in shows that I love a lot. It usually means something happened behind the scenes that ruined it
pro tip, Doctor Who
stop making stories about him thinking he's going to die, but then not really, turns out that won't be for maaany years.. then the actor just decides to leave.
>>
>>91230524
>Beth has a dependency on Rick that he abuses, and even outright states that he uses in order to keep Beth liking him
yeah but it's difficult to wrangle any kind of genuine criticism of what he does with that.
>>
>>91232045
dude fuck you. People like you are directly responsible for people like that. You make a stupid retarded slam on someone like giving a specific IQ you accuse them of, or some other needlessly specific criticism, baiting them to contradict you, then laugh at them for their only comeback being contradiction. you're both cringey as hell but you CREATED him.
>>
>>91231618

You know he eats shit right?
>>
guys the divorce has only been SUGGESTED. there aren't even papers yet.
>>
>>91235138
It matters because that alternate timeline R&M had the family friend of Mr. Poopybutthole so the joke at the end makes sense, and because C-137 Rick gets to be in the commercial for Blipz and Chitz.
You're right, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>91225273
>>91225394
>>91229217

The whole point of Jerry's character is that he's an idiot but that's what allows him to see the more human perspective of Rick's fucked-up conflicts.

Dan Harmon is a self obsessed narcissist, so Jerry and Rick are like two versions of himself. One is the stupid coward part of himself that wants to take care of his loved ones but doesn't know how, the other is the mean alcoholic part of himself who is slowly destroying his life, but feels it's the only source of his intellect and success.
>>
>>91236584
Walter did nothing wrong. Tony did nothing wrong either. This bankers and wall street types stole a lot more than they ever did
>>
>It's just a April fools episode, it doesn't mean anything Morty! It's not canon
>>
File: TardoAlerto.jpg (25KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
TardoAlerto.jpg
25KB, 493x342px
>>91235733
>>
>>91233061

Rick Sanchez = Gregory House
>>
>>91232675
Dum-dum, divorce is the go-to answer if you
>are a woman
>want money
>can't handle the banter
>>
>>91224463
I grew up with a dad like Jerry, I couldn't wait for him to leave and when he came back it ruined everything. His presence and the bickering in the show is the one part of it I didn't enjoy, I'm so glad he's gone.
>>
>>91224463
Beth probably knocked him out and is keeping him in the family basement so she can have both him and Rick. Rick will find out, find it hilarious, but then realize that his daughter is fucking crazy and will probably do the same to him if he ever tries to leave.
>>
>>91239147
because i am a genius morty, other people are too retarded for me *BUURRP*
>>
>>91233150
That'd be cool. Sticks with him because he wants a "fresh start," tolerating and assisting in his evil because this Morty gives him a thumbs-up every now and then.
>>
I got the impression that Beth killed Jerry at the end of S3E1
>>
>>91237947
>But obviously it would be wrong to say "fuck it, that life is worthless". It's correct, but it's not right.

It's right though. Just because something is worthless doesn't mean it's bad or a negative.
>>
>>91224463
>have entire episode about them being better together than not
>divorce them anyway
>>
>>91233694
>rick
>straight
his orgy with unity involved men and women
>>
>>91240199
I do recall them getting some SJW writers.
>>
>>91240108
Yeah, why has nobody considered this angle? She looked visibly shaken, and the total, sudden absence of Jerry seemed deliberately jarring.
>>
>>91231955
>Over extremeness hurt the quality of Drawn Together

I disagree here. Drawn Together was at its best when it dialed things up.

The movie did suck, but for completely different reasons to what you're implying.
>>
>>91240097

Well the Rick we see as 'our' rick is supposed to be ultimate punished(terrorist) rick but even he was duped by ultimate morty.

that said I don't understand how so many dudes like jerry. He's literally a beta faggot and everything most men hate.

Even more than cyril, the other dude he voices.
>>
>>91240610
>Even more than cyril, the other dude he voices.

>Cyril
>beta faggot

Dude gets more pussy than you ever have, and with hotter chicks.
>>
>>91240600
Personally I liked the show best when it was utilizing the cartoon medium to make visual gags, parody the medium, attack other shows, and then sprinkly some shock value in. Too much shock and you get Family Guy.

Not to imply that Drawn Together has ever come close to Family Guy. Not at all.
>>
>>91240429
>Divorce her husband for her abusive dad.
I know you don't like SJW's anon, but I don't think that's how it works.
>>
>>91240648
>Too much shock and you get Family Guy.

Except Drawn Together had a lot more shock and grossout humour in its 3 seasons than Family Guy has had in its entire run. The problem with Family Guy's shock humour is that theres no punchline to it, and often comes off as incredibly jarring compared to the rest of the show.
>>
>>91240429
Not all women are SJW whackjobs. And pushing an agenda makes terrible writing.
>>
>>91240707
I agree entirely. Had a big response that better clarified what I meant. Got erased. Gonna go masturbate or something now.

Peace out, /co/mrade.
>>
>>91239342
t. low iq loser.
>>
>>91235779
>voice of reason/dose of reality
Do they? I feel like they did that for season 1, but not at all for season 2. Perhaps in Interdimensional Cable 2, but that's more on Jerry just being so dumb in that episode instead. I suppose that marriage counseling episode too?
>>
>>91232773
Globalism is kike trash I think truly that's what Dan Harmon was trying to display
>>
>>91225663
You be a good father and make it so your kids don't want to leave you. If they do, you lost them anyway and it doesn't matter if grandpa is a super villain or not.
>>
File: blank - Copy.png (383KB, 790x477px) Image search: [Google]
blank - Copy.png
383KB, 790x477px
>>91231618
>>
Jerry is better off. Hope hi gets a good life without Rick fucking it up.
>>
>>91230442
Would watch other than the suicide part. You can only do that replacement shit once.
>>
>>91233178
John K, get off the internet
>>
File: 1222465754461.jpg (16KB, 381x365px) Image search: [Google]
1222465754461.jpg
16KB, 381x365px
>>91242285
>Doofus Rick
>Titanic reenactment keepsake
>Hungry for apples

God I'm dying.
>>
>>91224463
>No family.
>No job.
>Competent with firearms.
>Total tool.
I'd probably join the army if I was him.
>>
>>91230442
Alternative endings:
>Rick goes to the day care to get one of the forgotten Jerry's.
>>
>>91240610
>that said I don't understand how so many dudes like jerry. He's literally a beta faggot and everything most men hate.

He is.
But he is also often right about Rick, and his wife is the worst parent.
>>
>>91243273
He's way to old, they never take him.
>>
>>91243325
I think that's why some get so off put by Rick, everyone else has huge flaws but redeeming factors. Rick is just a giant flaw with no redeeming factors but is also unstoppable. So far all he fails at is time travel and love and this show isn't a romance.
>>
>>91225366
morty is nearly at perfect dick sucking height for rick
>>
>>91230944

Same. He started off as this loner who needs to get to shit together/semi man child and then turned in to stupid dad.
>>
>>91225497
>then finally we find out he's extremely selfish.
Are we watching the same show?
>>
>>91225192

Jerry's incompetence and cowardliness is evidently derived from his fear of losing his family over Rick.

In all episodes and scenarios that Jerry is seen being a bad-ass and competent, Rick or his influences have been out of the scene for a while and/or is no longer existent in that time period.
>>
>>91232910
>All adults watching it

People actually caring about the characters is evidence to the contrary
>>
>>91244385
>i only watch mature dramatic cartoon works for mature people such as myself
>>
>>91244231
That's an intresting point

In that apocalypse world that they left he has become peak alpha who destroys anything Rick related
>>
>>91232910
That wasn't a pilot dumbass, that was a one-off short with nothing to it other than the same "suck my balls" joke.

What do you want? A whole show just about ball sucking?
>>
>>91243374
Rick does have some redeeming moments showing that his character does have some depth, just not many.

Sacrificing himself for Morty during the time split, tearing up remembering baby Morty, the end of season 2 before the latest episode.
>>
>>91231689
I'd fucking love an episode based on that
>Doofus Rick is taking Mortys in and trying to find parts for a portal gun.
>Has to swallow his fears and sneak around alien monsters/criminals, remaining Government soldiers, and left over Rick's all still fighting and surviving.
>He cowards around desperately trying to protect and care for the Mortys.
>They get found, Mortys start dying.
>He can't stand it and begins shooting back with the scattered weapons lying around
>finds a Rick who just finished fixing a portal gun
>tries to convince him to help the Mortys
>Rick is an asshole
>Doofus Rick goes for the gun
>They fight and Doofus Rick looses
>Rick is gonna kill him but gets killed by one of the alien inmates.
>Doofus Rick gets a safe portal open and begins moving the Mortys into the portal.
>Government soldiers find them and want the portal gun.
>Rick gets the last Morty in and escapes.

It's so far fetch but I want a Doofus Rick episode.
>>
>>91236584
Walter White is a completely different case that's hardly comparable to Rick. Shit, he was basically a Jerry at the beginning of Breaking Bad. The reason he's sympathetic is because throughout the show he's finally taking his life into his own hands. He's been pussywhipped his whole life and he's finally uncucking himself, even if his method of doing so was far from the best way to go about it.

Rick is just a piece of shit
>>
>>91231939
>Rick continues to eat McNuggets while screaming "Mulan sauce is made of shit."
>the finale of season 9 ends
>>
>>91239973
Greg house saved lives. Rick destroys them.

Rick only solves the problems that he himself causes
>>
>>91238337
>You're supposed to root for the powerless characters (his family) to find some way to realize what he is, and escape from him.

Or for him to get his shit together. He really was trying to do what he thought was right when he turned himself in. He was just really fucking depressed.

Then when the mood hit him, he decided, "welp, better bust my ass out of here. And while I'm at it, this is a great position from which to fuck it all to hell."

And then he claims it was his plan all along. But he's not as evil/crazy as he pretends to be.
>>
>>91225273
He is a cowardly ass that cares about his family and doesn't want to be shown up by his stepfather whose intelligence makes him feel insecure. All of his motives are alterior and ego-driven.

Jerry isn't as terrible as Beth but he is not a martyr, either. You guys project way too fucking hard with this /r9k/ manbaby shit. His character is building up to subvert the dumb dad trope anyway.
>>
>>91225329
Agreed so much with anon. Get a divorce and most of this shit will fix itself.
>>
>>91247376
>Rick only solves the problems that he himself causes
Isn't the Galactic Federation implied to be tyrannical? Bird Person seems to pretty well have his shit together, yet he has struggled against it. Rick is just so convinced of his own superiority (both that any means are justified by his ends, and that he can do anything) that he's dangerous regardless.
>>
File: death.jpg (21KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
21KB, 220x293px
>>91235959
We should just go back to biblical times or before, where you could just club and wife a female of any mammalian species, wipe our asses with leaves, scream at the hot sun and die of dysentery or starvation.

The ultimate redpill.
>>
>>91230524
t. jerry
>>
>>91224463
I just want him to go back to being like he was in season 1, as well as being successful.
>>
File: no.jpg (119KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
119KB, 500x590px
>>91237947
>isn't what being human is about

Meme
>>
>>91224573
Jerry isn't getting dumber and dumber, he's becoming more pathetic. Even that episode where he insists Pluto is a planet is just Jerry being too proud to admit his lack of understanding for science. As the series goes on, he realizes he doesn't measure up to the rest of his family. But yeah, I agree with >>91225192, this is pretty despicable writing
>>
What kind of person gets emotionally invested in Jerry of all characters, let alone any of R&M's cast?
>>
>>91247987
Either sad people who can relate to him, or self centered children who come from broken homes that can see what's inevitably going to happen, but aren't yet adult enough to realize that life exists outside of their immediate view and that Beth shouldn't force herself to be with someone who doesn't make her happy.
>>
>>91247987
/pol/ trying to remind people that if you have a wife and kids you can do no wrong like a buncha boomers.
>>
>>91248175
>Beth shouldn't force herself to be with someone who doesn't make her happy.

Beth is the type of person who convinces herself she is never happy and is missing out on this big dramatic life as a socialite that they'll make a biopic about how cutting-edge and smart she is one day when she is old. But if she were left to her own devices, she would be a sad drunk with a bunch of pets in most timelines.
>>
>>91248247
Regardless of that, she's still clearly unhappy with Jerry, so why not make a change? Even if she ends up in a worse spot after, she can change again. There's no reason to stop climbing a bunch of hills just because you hit the peak of one, and you're scared to go back down to the bottom to climb a different one with a higher peak.
>>
>>91231955
>for some reason they tried to make Morty more edgy

They didn't though
>>
>>91232214
>the only character who isn't a complete piece of shit except MAYBE Morty

Did you forget Beth's memory in Total Rickall? Morty is the only MC who's not a complete shithead
>>
File: giphy.gif (618KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
618KB, 640x360px
First thing that's different?
No more dad, Morty.

Your mom's pussy belongs to me now, Morty.
>>
>>91248367
>Regardless of that, she's still clearly unhappy with Jerry, so why not make a change?

Because Jerry isn't the source of her unhappiness? And people aren't hills.
>>
>>91249751
Obviously people aren't hills, you idiot.
Hills represent where you are in life. And Jerry does make her unhappy enough, it's pretty clear in the show. What's also shown is that she'd typically be worse off without him. The hill analogy sees her being with Jerry as a plateau and her without him as being flat land. Just because the flat land is a lower state that the plateau doesn't mean she should be happy being on a plateau. There's possibly higher plateaus and hills out there. She doesn't have to settle just because she's going to be at a lower state after initially leaving Jerry before she starts climbing the next hill.

Her drinking herself to death and babying Jerry isn't going to make her better off than being on the ground if the height she would need to be at to achieve true happiness is above the Jerry plateau anyway.
>>
download where
>>
>>91250683
pm'd you the link ;)
>>
>>91250021
Maybe try to make sense before you act like a condescending little bitch, and apologizing for the sickness in society that is people trying to "find happiness" to make excuses for shitty, spoiled behavior.
>>
I want Jerry to get back together with shit-eating Rick.
>>
An entire thread full of gay theories for a reddit show
>>
>>91231122
As a fan of Star Vs, the appeal is shipping. It's not what draws me in and probably not you, but most people. The writing is pretty average for Disney (which admittedly is higher standards than most)
>>
Pretty sure Jerry and Beth will get back together by the end of the season
>>
>>91250866
>t. Can't into basic hill cimbing
Go take a math class
>>
>>91231344
Wait so is the reason w have a shitty Jerry is because ours was swapped?
>>
>>91251493
Potentially. Who fucking knows.
The only takaway from that is that Krombopulos and the Fart cloud are probably both still alive, and that Mr Poopy Butthole doesn't exist in C137.
>>
>>91251313
Go get your third divorce.
>>
>>91231122
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>91234853
Underrated
>>
>>91230017
Actually, we'll probably have some sort of custody battle episode where Jerry uses the dangerous household against Beth and Rick.
>>
It's really shitty how Beth, after all the adventures that proved they could make it work, decided to divorce Jerry because she has daddy issues.
>>
>>91252867
I want to see Jerry be successful and have a hot girlfriend after the divorce just to see Beth suffer.
>>
>>91243611
>perfect ball sucking height for rick
ftfy
>>
>>91239276
If you really believed they were going to kill The Doctor for good, youre a fucking Jerry
>>
File: rick6.png (148KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
rick6.png
148KB, 500x278px
>>91245521
i would love this so much
>>
>>91225192
>>91225394
>>91225273
jerry has become a terrible character because it's their way of introducing conflict
>>
>>91230442
>implying Rick "Baby Arm'd" Dick wouldn't seduce the girlfriend himself
>>
>>91253017
i want to see jerry succeed. although he's spineless, he loves his family, but getting the divorce was the most self-respecting thing he could have done for himself.
>>
>>91240736
That would explain the show's terrible writing then
>>
>>91237930
That's just when he's had alcohol though. Here he's been pretty sober for a while what with being in prison and all.
>>
File: IMG_4332.png (3MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4332.png
3MB, 2208x1242px
>>91224463
I can answer that...for money
>>
>>91232330
Pretty good.
>>
>>91239147
>LE EPIC SAUCE JOKE XD
why do you fine something that retarded humorous?
>>
>>91234559
Which specific issue is that from?
>>
>>91232570
>everyone that I don't agree with on absolutely everything is the buzzwords
Oh shit son you got us.
I hate punching bag character in general, Such as Meg from Family Guy or Jerry from Parks and rec, it always just gives me the writers ave a massive chip on their shoulders and that they are venting their very real hatred for someone in real life through a proxy which is fucking creepy.
>>
>>91260732
Because Justin Roiland used his TV show to get hype going for a chicken nugget sauce he misses. It's deliciously petty.
>>
>>91230442
The icing on the cake is that the fans would completely side with Rick and still hate Jerry
>>
>>91224463
Justin and Dan are greedy pricks. They fucked with the union. (read the story, that's some bullshit). They work their employees like dogs, and they obviously don't want to pay "Parnell money", so they wrote Jerry out of the show.

Fuck Justin. Fuck Dan. Hopefully Adult Swim wises up and pulls the plug after season 3
>>
They already linked Jerry with Dan Harmon with the mannequin leg joke.
Dan is probably chomping at the bit to force his "divorce humor" into the show.

Good God I hope that doesn't happen.
>>
I'm not really fond of how the show keeps flip flopping between the idea of Rick being a broken man who, underneath his mad scientist facade, actually cares about his family despite everything and this untouchable mad scientist god who's self aware of how evil he is.

It was fine when the show wasn't trying to have a plot and just played everything for laughs but they keep doing drama and plot centered episodes. The cast obviously wasn't designed for it.
>>
>>91247204
>After credit stinger is Jerry pitching the idea of a show about a guy who eats shit to a TV studio executive.
>It gets made into the show about the guy who loves eating shit from the first season.
>>
>>91263797
Same
>>
>>91239451
But which versions are Justin?

Rick and Morty?
>>
>>91263797
Jerry hooks up with Dofus Rick. They start marketing cookless brownies and Jerry becomes incredibly successful.
>>
>>91262103

Yep, people forgot about

>Nintendo give me free stuff!
>>
>>91232673

I don't think anyone considers rick a good guy
>>
>>91224463
I feel bad when a character gets cucked as hard as Jerry is
>beth never respects him, and has been relentlessly turned against him
>he kids don't like him
>always the dumbest character in the scene
>rick constantly shittalking him
>calls the feds because rick is an actual monster, so rick dismantles the governments and makes beth divorce him
>he's so retarded that there's a literal jerry daycare
Give the guy a fucking break already, jesus christ. Or how about a single episode where people give him some semblance of respect
>>
>>91266065

Reminds me of Family Guy with Meg. Shitting on a character because for the hell of it, regardless of the reason for it.
>>
>>91263797
I hope they realize how perfect this would be to go full bi-polar on Rick
>>
>>91266065

I'm in the same Boat.
I hope they show Jerry being succesful and Beth being miserable.
>>
>>91224463
>Where do you want them to take his character?
back to the past
>>
>>91224463
Jerry suddenly becomes a happy confident guy with a job.

Rick doesn't like this, and decides to get Beth and Jerry back together, knowing that this makes Jerry the most miserable.
>>
Jerry is /ourguy/
>>
>>91267130
I don't get it with you people. Thats what makes it funny. Some people actually have terrible lives. Life relentlessly shits on some people. It's not about what you deserve, things just happen. Jerry is the type of person who gets shit on constantly and on top of that is too dumb and arrogant to avoid situations where he is getting shit on so he gets more than his fair share.

I repeat, it's not about what a person "deserves". Stuff happens.
>>
why do you motherfuckers keep posting spoilers in the fucking OP
Its happening with Samurai Jack too. common courtesy is to wait a week or so.

fuck you
>>
>>91230912
that guy is not justin
>>91224527 is justin
>>
>>91269020
This has never been the case. You're supposed to stay off of 4chan, and probably the Internet in general until you find time to see whatever you missed.

The whole situation with Harry Potter and Dumbledore dying should have set the precedent on that a few years ago. It's your responsibility to not get spoiled, especially when you have the free time to be browsing 4chan that you could be using to watch whatever you missed. The spoiler tags are just a novelty for the most part used more for memeing than helping discussion.
>>
>>91267736
>Long ago in a distant past
>I, Ri-Uuurp-Rick, the reality fucking scientist of Darkness unleashed an U-Unspeakable evil morty
>But a foolish jerry, wielding incredible stup-burp-stupid, stepped forth to oppose me
>Before his retardation-Urrp- struck the rest of the family, I throw the galactic government and the council of -BUUURP-ricks into complete disarray, morty
>Now the fool seek to his family and undo the future that is RIIIICK!
>>
>People pretending to like Jerry with the excuse that "b-but he cares about his family"
Fucking hipsters and contrarians. Jerry is a terrible character and I was sick of his shit. His plots are annoying and I'm glad he's gone, if he really is.
>>
File: laugh.png (370KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.png
370KB, 600x600px
>>91231538
Y'know, taking things personally will only make you look like an absolute autist.

We don't give a shit you took dozens of bogus online tests to make yourself feel better about your pathetic life as a virgin. If you act like a retard, you'll be laughed at for being a retard, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>91234060
There's not enough brown people in Spain. That's sad because I want to fuck them all.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.