[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't he just time travel to get his McNugget sauce?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 21

Why doesn't he just time travel to get his McNugget sauce? What kind of Doc Brown knockoff doesn't have a time machine?
>>
>>91223803
Justin Roiland doesn't want time travel in Rick and Morty.
>>
>>91223803
one ade by a fake nerd who knows jack shit about the science he claims to love.
>>
>>91223803

Or just go to a dimension where they never stopped selling it.
>>
>>91224514
Smart from a meta perspective. Pretty strongly begs an in-universe explanation, though.

You'd think he could at least find an alternate universe where the sauce is still around or Mulan is new.
>>
Because that's not funny?
>>
Time travel stuff is literally shelved in Rick and Morty

How have you not noticed that shit it's literally in every garage shot
>>
File: Time_Eater.png (119KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
Time_Eater.png
119KB, 250x348px
>>91224514
But pic related has time travel powers.
Has Justin said this is at comic con or something?
>>
>>91226461
maybe they eat anyone who discovers time travel
>>
>>91226461
maybe non 4th dimensional beings die if they try to time travel
>>
I think Rick knows that no matter how good the szechuan sauce might have been it will never be as good as he remembers it and because of that he doesn't really want to experience it again but likes thinking about it.

In Roilands case he totally wants that sauce back and put that shit in there to get his fans to pressure McDonalds into bringing it back.
>>
Any of you guys remember that sauce, anyway? I definitely went to McDonald's during the Mulan promotion but I'm pretty sure I just stuck with barbecue sauce.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Phoenix Person.jpg (254KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Phoenix Person.jpg
254KB, 1276x720px
R.I.P. Bird Person..
>>
>>91228292
Bird Person didn't deserve any of this.
>>
>>91227315
I don't remember. Did they really have promotional takeout boxes? I never liked McNuggets so I never had any of it.
>>
File: 1490885254994.png (71KB, 252x267px) Image search: [Google]
1490885254994.png
71KB, 252x267px
>>91223803
Didn't Rick say he doesn't do that anymore? IDk I don't watch this shit show anymore cause I dropped it a year ago.
>>
>>91224585
Because that would make to much sense.
>>
Smartest man in the multiverse....but yet he can't figure out the recipe for Szechuan Nugget Sauce.
>>
>>91228765
I thought Rick said time travel isn't possible or something along those lines.
>>
>>91228869

In an interview Roiland said that he thinks using time travel would be a little too one-the-nose considering the show's origins.

Then he joked that, in-character, Rick doesn't believe in time travel as "its a paradox, Morty, it doesn't work!"
>>
>>91228765
>dropped it a year ago

You mean you stopped watching episodes when season 2 ended and didn't watch more because there was nothing new to watch.
>>
>>91228832
What is he a chef?
>>
>>91228681
Think Tammy kept his Bird Seed?
>>
Why is /co/ so gullible? Rick doesn't give a fuck about the sauce. He just wanted to distract the bugperson to look too hard into flaws of his fabricated memory. It's just product placement.
>>
>>91230265
I think the fake memory had a bit of truth too it, Rick reacted pretty hard to that explosion.
>>
>>91228741
Apparently they really did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc
>>
>>91223803
>Why doesn't he just time travel to get his McNugget sauce?
[ADVERTISEMENT]

the episode revolved around [PRODUCT OF THE HIGHEST BIDDER]

Rick could of spouted about literally [ANYTHING] and the plot would have not changed. The only reason it was McShitals instead of Cheetos is because they paid more.
>>
Whatever little bits of Rick's sanity that remain would go poof if he fully abused his tech, and he knows it.
>>
>>91230566
>things that would NEVER fly today
>>
>Giving rick time travel

>>91230674

Basically this

Rick having access to time machine would mean he would get to reverse everything that went wrong

Rick's entire philosophy is to go through the shit that goes wrong until you find something right
>>
>>91230646
Why would McDonalds pay to advertise a product they haven't sold in 20 years?
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Rick's Nightmare.jpg (121KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Rick's Nightmare.jpg
121KB, 850x480px
So, the show's getting darker?
>>
>>91230738
>can't serve in take out box
why?
is there some SJW law that requires that only Chinese restaurants can use those types of boxes?

talk about racists
>>
>>91230977
aaaaand I now want to hugg little beth

why you do this to me 4chan
>>
>>91230985
Yes, actually, they call it Cultural Appropriation.
>>
>>91230985
You can't just serve McNuggets in an ethnic food box, Anon.
>>
>>91231039
wow, they sure are racist.
confining only chinese food to those boxes.
>>
>le mulan sauce xDDD

It's the new Bazinga!
>>
>>91224585
Did he (Rick) ever say he hated it too? I feel like he did in one episode and not just people behind the show. I can imagine him complaining about how complicated it makes things and even revealing something that has been part of the show since ep1 is the result of a time travel fuckup he made long ago.
>>
>>91230977
This scene isn't that dark to be frank. I really think the show may have used the "Lets kill everyone and escape into another dimension" trick way to early since it still manages to be the darkest thing they've done and behind that the realistic near rape scene, and both were used in the first season.

The only thing that I can think of that'd be real dark is if Beth gets to go on an adventure with Rick and Morty and through reasons is forced to either kill Rick or Morty, and she goes straight for Morty. Maybe make the relationship with her father even more creepily obsessive and bordering into incestuous.
>>
>>91231039
I'm just waiting for them to call adding pineapple to anything with pork Hawaiian cultural appropriation.
>>
>>91228292
PUNISHED Bird Person, a bird person robbed of his free will. Poetic.
>>
>>91231126
Or forced to kill evil Morty?

>Like "The Good Son"?
>>
>>91231219
Then it wouldn't be as dark.
The idea is that Beth is so obsessed over getting Ricks approval she would literally kill her own son, who trusts and lover her, for him.

If she were to kill Evil Morty which isn't even her actual son then it wouldn't have the same oomph, not to mention she'd have a far better excuse to do it since he's, well, evil.
>>
>>91230052
I like to think Tammy is an extremely competent agent and infiltrator as well as being an unabashed slut.

>when she's talking about bukkake with the other girls in her first appearance
That's not normie conversation, that's just her revealing her power level.
>>
>>91230265
9 MORE SEASONS for that sauce.
>>
>>91231296

Given Ricks mind games I wouldn't be suprised if the scenario is pulled last minute to not actually be Good Morty she shot
>>
File: 1438676897379.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438676897379.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>91231126
This was the darkest scene because it came out of nowhere.
>Do you feel it?
>Do you feel it?
>Do you feel the pain in your heart?
>>
>>91231406
Oh, in that case yeah sure.
>>
>>91230977
Why the fuck would Beth be that young in 1998? Or did this scene take place in a different year? I wonder what happened to the Rick from Morty's universe. Like it is obvious C-137 Rick is from a different universe than Morty. Morty is from the Croneburg universe. Summer and everyone else is from a third universe. Mr. Poopybutthole and crumbobulan michael are both from other universes that are different than the one Summer is from
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Tammy_Glare.jpg (65KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Tammy_Glare.jpg
65KB, 850x480px
>>91231348
I wish there was more Rule 34 of Tammy..
>>
>>91230646
R&M is sponsored pretty heavily by Hardee's. I don't think McDonald's paid them, just like I don't think Shoney's paid them. Or any of the other real life shit they mention. They just can't be fucked to make up thinly-veiled expies and probably find it funnier this way to boot.
>>
>>91231441
This was the most beautiful scene since I like to see Beth suffer.
>>
>>91231456
The whole thing was fabricated
>>
>>91231466
Traitorous whores don't deserve rule 34
>>
>>91231441
Meh, Jellybean Rape and replacing themselves came out of left field as well and it was darker because it involved Morty who's just an innocent kid (at least during season 1).

Feeling suicidal as an adult because you make create shitty relationships is sad but kid effectively destroying his whole world and abandoning his parents or kid nearly getting raped is always gonna win out. Depressing stuff involving Morty in general will always have more impact because of the big difference that Rick is already old and cynical and dead inside, with Morty you're watching the effects slowly develop in front of you to an innocent.
>>
>>91230977
>everyone is horrified
>agent nathan fillion stuffing his face in the background

every goddamn time, I love this show
>>
>>91223803
Because he doesn't actually give a shit about the McNuggetâ„¢ sauce, you gawd dang autists. He doesn't actually do all this stuff for fucking chicken sauce.
>>
File: feelit1.png (653KB, 1357x619px) Image search: [Google]
feelit1.png
653KB, 1357x619px
>>91231441
>>
>>91224514
rick has a fucking box labeled "time travel stuff" for fuck's sake.
>>
>>91224585

He could get around it by having them go to a universe where culture developed slight slower, so it would appear like time travel without actually being it.
>>
The bit at the end was a joke, a call back to the 100 years rick and morty.com bit.
>>
ffs, does anybody even watch the show? remember the whole episode that had HUGE repercussions when rick fucked with time, nearly resulting in his death? how the time police showed up to arrest them?
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Tammy_Lip Bite.jpg (118KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Tammy_Lip Bite.jpg
118KB, 1276x720px
>>91231557
I hope she gets vengeance R__ED
>>
>>91231609
Then we need to replace this morty or this morty will have to get into more fucked up bullshit this season.
>>
>>91228292
Link to that scene, please?
>>
>>91231441
I like to think that creature was somebody from the Chronenberg world, and that Rick up until then was still trying to figure out a solution to that problem.
>>
>>91231785
And I have a box full of ropes, gags, some chloroform and my neighbor's panties, but it's still a work in progress too
>>
>>91231785
Yeah, but it's on the shelf. Time travel is on the shelf.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Savage Summer.jpg (181KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Savage Summer.jpg
181KB, 1276x720px
>>91231933
It's in my mail, My friend Darq sent it too me this morning.

>No getting the original family back, huh?
>>
IIRC Schezu sauce was pretty much just plum sauce with a bit of "ginger" flavoring (I.e. flavouring, if you're in Brexitopia).

Also Rick DID create the time travel technology that the time-cops use, it's easy to see, since Rick takes testicle face's crap and is able to instantly use it. Also, he seeded the big bang with an intergalactic virus that inserted the only language he bothered to learn, hence why everyone speaks English.
>>
File: Rick and Morty_Diane.jpg (126KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty_Diane.jpg
126KB, 1276x720px
Time for the Gym.

>Cheers
>>
>>91231456
>>91231530

Fun note Rick is also way younger than when he claimed he figured out the Portal gun.
>>
>>91223803

Why bother with time-travel when he can just teleport to a dimension with naturally-occurring lakes and oceans of Mulan McNugget sauce?
>>
>>91232831
Hey I just notice on of those charts in the background is likely about that gas lighting study from the 90s where levels of hunger effected how much someone would disbelieve the lie. Basically if you were full of food you were less likely to engage arguing with the manipulator and just accept the lie as truth.
>>
>>91230052

Tammy obviously still wants her avian husbando.
>>
>>91231888
Can't rape the willing. She's one freaky bitch.
>>
File: tumblr_onnab2xMM91w91d56o1_500.jpg (29KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onnab2xMM91w91d56o1_500.jpg
29KB, 500x497px
>>91223803
I feel like the entire end rant was not as canon as people want it to be.

I think it was literally just rick freaking out morty for fun, as grandparents do, just like in S1E1.

IF it was canon, as in, Rick was genuine in his rant, it would create A LOT of plotholes
>If the sauce is so precious to him, why would he not travel to a dimension that has it, or go into his own memory on his own to experience it. He literally travels dimensions to get better icecream already
>Why does he say Jerry crossed him when he turned HIMSELF in. Rick WANTED to be imprisoned so he could crash the 2 governments that fuck up his life, in one fell swoop
>Why would he even tell morty if it was a secret
Just to name a few
>>
>>91233929

Jerry crossed him when he made the him-or-me ultimatum. Before that he'd just been a harmless idiot, not an actual obstacle to Rick in any way.
>>
>>91233998
Beth wouldve picked Rick even before all of this.
>>
>>91223803
THE ONLY WAY TO FIX MY TIME TRAVEL CAR IS HAVING YOU LICK MY BALLS
>>
>The entire episode was Rick lying his way through every situation
>Still thinking it's about the McNugget sauce
>>
>>91234143

/co/ confirmed most autistic board
>>
>>91234143
The sauce was just a meme joke that they can call back on later and the rant was a callback to the first episodes "100 years" rant.
>>
>>91223803
It's probably some random throwaway bullshit. He's gonna forget about it the rest of the season
>>
>>91223803
because it goes great with red herring too.
>>
>>91224585
The sauce stopped existing in all universes. It's a multiverse anomaly, and thus it has reality warping properties. Rick wants it for that purpose.
>>
>>91232002
Oh shit. That actually changes my whole perspective on Rick. He can do seemingly anything, but he can't undo his mistakes...
>>
>>91233078
>food helps you believe lies
>"hunger games" Summer doesn't trust Rick
The theme of season 3 will be "panem et circenses". Rick will try to lie to himself about his depressing reality by seeking out food, starting with szechuan sauce.
>>
>>91233078
How did you figure that tidbit out I can't see what any of the values are on those charts?
>>
>>91233929
>If the sauce is so precious to him, why would he not travel to a dimension that has it, or go into his own memory on his own to experience it. He literally travels dimensions to get better icecream already
it could be something that, to him, is so amazingly good that it detracts from his ability to focus on anything, satisfying him so utterly that he loses all scientific ambition and falls back into addiction, which would explain why he wants it so badly but never touches it when showing that agent his memory of it
>Why does he say Jerry crossed him when he turned HIMSELF in. Rick WANTED to be imprisoned so he could crash the 2 governments that fuck up his life, in one fell swoop
because he heard Jerry planning to turn him in, so he turned himself in to take away Jerry's momentary power over him while also starting his plan to ruin everything
>Why would he even tell morty if it was a secret
i'm the autist who theorycrafted that Rick is currently unable to ad-lib coherent lies because of his first brainalyzer jump into the Gromflomite, you could take me at my word that i'm correct if you want
>>
File: The_Langoliers.jpg (58KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
The_Langoliers.jpg
58KB, 480x380px
>>91226461
Were those guys supposed to resemble Langoliers?
>>
>inb4 some youtuber finds a packet of the sauce in some forgotten box and eats the expired contents, with a thumbnail on par with that guy who drank 20 year old Crystal Pepsi and puked his guts out on-camera.
>>
>>91233078
>agent bugbutt is eating the whole time
>>
>>91225448
Justin Roiland has said Rick's never succeeded at time traveling. That stuff is from his attempts.
>>
>>91231466
This.

I need more of Tammy in her uniform being a sadistic dom.
>>
>>91223803
Time travel's impossible, be-URP-est to just pull that band-aid right now. There is no future yet, and the past is only a scar. M-moving through time is like.. i-i-it's like if you could give yourself super-speed.. Yeah okay you can move fast, but through what? There's still air in front of you, and now you'll feel like you're on top of a fuckin' train car.. like in a movie, the wind blowing, just from taking a URP- step. And you know that tunnel coming up? Try approaching the speed of sound, the air's gonna be.. gonna be THAT.
N-now i-URP-imagine.. that air.. you can't move it out of the way? Try moving the pas- the PRESENT out of the way. aa-a-and don't expect it to still be there w-when you get back, you *URP you fuckin' moved it, got it alll muckled up. It's all Mucklehoney now.
>>
>>91224578
Show me a dimension where temporary fast food tie-ins never end, and I'll show you a dimension flooded with deadly pathogens

no, what he should have done is fucking interrogated mcdonald's records and found the formula.. or found an old unopened tub on ebay and replicated it.
>>
>>91229040
haha yeah, we all dropped it a year ago
seriously though I think it's great how soon it came back. I didn't see it coming at all, I thought we had MONTHS to go
>>
>>91231028
inorite
>>91230985
theyre american anyway
>>
>>91228934
How hard can it be to toss in a joke along the lines of "Like thirty Ricks tried that Mory; long story short, time loops do not a stable or existing universe make."
>>
>>91231456
uh, 1998 was 19 years ago. beth had a kid at 17, that kid is now 16. do the math. ... wait, I just did. unless little beth was supposed to be 14 that shit doesn't add up.. buuut shows like this always have a sliding timescale so the present year gets to be fuzzy. otherwise it's like.. oh wow they've changed presidents 4 times and the characters haven't aged.
>>
>>91231609
people really fucking overreact to rape. people DIE in this show regularly. it's hard to be too upset about something that bad, but modern folk sure fucking find a way. placing it higher than murder.
>>
>>91231872
that wasn't time, and that wasn't the time police.
>>91232747
that's not how you use i.e., y'knob. and plum sauce already has ginger in it
>>
>>91238145

... why would you write a joke where your characters justify your writing choices in a way that's completely irrelevant to the narrative?
>>
>>91231086
Rick's little bit about his whole motivation bring Mulan sauce at the end of the episode made me laugh, while Bazinga has never made me laugh...
>>
>>91231117
>Did he (Rick) ever say he hated it too?
IIRC Rick said something like

>"Time Travel is just a crutch for people who can't comprehend the multiverse"

That, combined with his box of "time travel stuff" makes me think Rick was trying to get time travel working at one point and gave up in favor of multiverse travel
>>
>>91235230
Damn, this sounds awesome. Were there themes for other seasons?
>>
>>91230977
>>91231028
>>91231126
>>91231456
>>91231656
Rick states verbatim that it was merely a "totally fabricated origin story." None of that shit ever happened you dense faggots.
>>
How did jerry sell out rick? He said that but I still dont get how.
>>
File: proto beth.png (139KB, 540x344px) Image search: [Google]
proto beth.png
139KB, 540x344px
I hope Rick made up this wife too. Not digging the design.
>>
>>91233929
rick is like Garak, nothing he ever says is completely true or a complete lie. when you're that smart, you get bored of answering things directly.
i mean you know that feeling when a person is like "if (whatever), then just say it" and you're like.. yes i could just say it, but that feels unsatisfying. firstly you obviously don't believe me, i've already strongly IMPLIED it, right now just straight up saying it would be flaccid. I have to think Rick has that feeling all the time.
>>
>>91233929
I do feel like there wasn't enough of Rick saying he did that for the family
>>91233998
on the other hand Jerry really did nothing wrong there, he's just confused. they give him too much shit, and as always, that causes him to become even shittier. it's like kicking an animal in the stomach and being mad when that causes shit and/or vomit to emerge onto your floor.
>>
>>91223803
am I the only person really disappointed with the sneak peek?
the entire episode just solidifies that Harmon and Roiland don't care anymore
>Rick is completely evil and selfish to the point that it's irredeemable and serves no purpose except to return the setting to the status quo
>Beth and Summer will do anything for Rick despite the fact that he's done nothing but abandon them for the entirety of their lives and has never done anything to help or support them
>Morty is just the viewer self-insert
>Jerry is the only character in the whole show to point out how Rick is the source of all their problems, but is reduced to Meg Griffin status and removed from the show entirely
either I'm just not Reddit-tier enough to understand how this is good, or Harmon and Roiland are going to give a giant "fuck you" to the viewer base at the end of the season and show them all how easily they have been controlled into liking a character that is not redeemable in any way, shape or form
he literally only brings down the Council of Ricks and the Federation to protect himself and openly states that he only helped Summer and Rick to spite Jerry - who was the only voice of reason in the whole show
>>
>>91235230
if this was any other show I'd say you were overthinking it and then some, but... these writers..
>>
>>91235442
>Rick is currently unable to ad-lib coherent lies because of his first brainalyzer jump
huh... you uh.. huh.
I mean, he was able to bluff morty AND the other rick into thinking he didn't care about Summer. he can still do old routines, but you're right, he's probably having trouble creating entirely new lies
>>
>>91223803
He doesn't actually give a shit about the sauce
>>
>>91235636
yeah I think that was the joke.
now I'm wondering if deku babas are supposed to resemble them too..
>>91236713
how bad could sugar water in a sealed container be? .. don't answer that
>>
>>91238501
I think Rick is lying in his big rant at the end of the Episode.

I also think the fabricated origin story has some truth to it , but I guess we won't know the truth til this summer
>>
>>91235442
>i'm the autist who theorycrafted that Rick is currently unable to ad-lib coherent lies because of his first brainalyzer jump into the Gromflomite, you could take me at my word that i'm correct if you want
He only ditched his memories of improv comedy classes, not his entire ability to improvise.
>>
>>91238327
Its pretty much implying theres a universe thats exactly like your own only in the past. Why fuck up your universe by going into the past when you can just go into someone elses thats behind yours.
>>
>>91230955
there's a live action mulan movie being made, so Mcdonalds is probably bringing it back
>>
>>91238200
that's completely relevant to the narrative
I wouldn't phrase it that way, but he has a point. the idea is that you'd establish the universe just doesn't allow time travel. it's not hard, since that's TRUE. The very concept is laughably impossible. it's like those people who expect faster than light shit to become a reality as technology improves.. when EVEN SCI-FI acknowledges that it'd be easier to literally warp space and then move through the warped space (somehow without being yourself warped) slower than light, than it would be to move faster than light
>>
>>91238414
you're not? she's pretty smoking hot.
>>
Is it just me or was Rick's voice a bit odd in the episode? It wasn't as gravelly as it normally was.
>>
>>91238501
>Rick is completely evil and selfish to the point that it's irredeemable and serves no purpose except to return the setting to the status quo
jesus, read between the lines.
>he's done nothing but abandon them for the entirety of their lives
nevermind, READ THE LINES. I mean watch the show.
>removed from the show entirely
You cannot possibly believe that is what'll happen
>Buzzwords
uhhh..
>>
>>91238558
he could have lied in his rant and that's totally possible, but Summer and Beth bending over backwards for Rick makes absolutely no sense
yeah Jerry is a pushover but he actually provided for his family and has been with them through thick and thin
Rick is already known to leave people behind and go to another universe
the fact that we had to be reminded of our Morty's original universe in the new episode was just painful, like Harmon and Roiland think we're all too stupid to remember one of the biggest events in the show's continuity
>>91238618
explain the lines to me, Justin. I'm obviously too stupid
>>
>>91238570
but he did immediately say "oh no i need to come up with a plan but i've forgotten how to improvise"
obviously brains aren't like harddrives, you can't just empty out space by forgetting a clean digital chunk that can be neatly torn out of your other brainalities. so yeah some situations, like scenario planning, are now weakened. obviously not removed entirely.
plus since he jumped into another rick he should have been able to be like "ima just copy over 99% of you but keep your memories of improv class"
>>
>>91238605
I thought he was the same ol' Rick but Morty sounded quite different. Way more Lemongrab than usual. I imagine that over time Roiland can't go quite as high anymore
there have been a few instances in the past when Morty loses his everloving shit that he also loses a bit of the distinct Mortyness and reverts to Lemongrabhood, that slightly lower bitch and throatier sound. Yknow, like Ants in My Eyes Johnson
>>
>>91228765
You dropped it after the end of the last available season. What a cool guy you are. Surely cooler than we are.
>>
>>91235636
Fuck man. I saw that as a 5 year old and I would always check to see if levatating monsters were chasing the plane during take off and would refuse to sleep on any flights, even 14 hour international ones up until I was like 10.
>>
>>91238630
>bending over backwards makes no sense
I think everyone is just emotional at the moment and Jerry has just had a bunch of weird changes in his life, a bunch of good, a bunch of bad, he's PRETTY SURE Rick is involved in the bad ones, he isn't sure the good ones even are good (since they ended, and were part of the bad ones)... so having Rick suddenly waltz back in and be like hey let's get back to normal.. the normal where Jerry is a fucking joke and a punching bag... he can't take that. This is one time to be now-or-never and make a major change. Whereas Beth and Summer are happy things are back to what they previously enjoyed, mostly. and the few problems, they always blamed on Jerry, even if they weren't his fault.. but they sure as hell weren't Rick's really. not really.
>too stupid to remember
no, that was a creative way to reward memory. it was really neat, just like the first time the corpses were brought up. It was clever that the dead rick had a portal gun (though it probably should have at least been damaged) and it was awesome that we got to see what became of cronenburg world (eeeveryone wanted to see that)

as for the lines, come on. he just fucking saved them. he saved the FUCK out of them. who cares why?
>>
>Rick kills like a million innocent Morty's for no real reason
>>
>>91238663
Yeah I don't know if it's Morty getting older or just Justin not being able to do the voice as well as before
>>
File: 1444781974702.png (429KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1444781974702.png
429KB, 451x619px
>>91238647
adlib anon here

i don't think Rick has the ability to pick and choose bits of other Ricks' minds to keep, his mind is shoved into the new one's matter and the memory space of that new physical mind only dictates what he can and can't take with him

he was forced to leave improv behind in his first jump because the Gromflomite's brain wasn't big enough to hold Rick in his entirety
>>
>>91238935
eh, the carnage killed the mortys. he only DIRECTLY killed ricks.
besides if you don't think that shit is coming back to bite him sometime, you're nicole kidman yourself
>>
>>91231475
>Shoney's is Real
>Located primarily in the Midwest and Mid Atlantic
So where is Rick and Morty set anyway?
>>
>>91238935
more wondering about that than the whole jerry thing. I mean I get that the Ricks dissagree a lot, but outright killing the lot of them and the morties seems out of character. I dunno, chalk it up to his brain melting earlier in the episode and momentarily forgetting empathy
>>
>>91238973
Okay, okay, but.. hear me out:
A) when he jumped into that new smaller brain he knew his genius wouldn't fit into, he was able to CHOOSE what to leave out. now granted that was the only time he did a jump in a long enough amount of time to make choices, but he at least had some ability to control the thing
B) copy a big thing onto a small thing, you run out of space. Copy a small thing onto a big thing, you don't copy over it entirely, yeah? You leave parts behind. In this case he mentally clicked "yes to all" on "replace files" but any files he didn't replace are still there. That's also why he wanted someone with high-level clearance, the password would be something he'd still have
>>
>>91239004
you didn't know about Shoney's? I mean I've never seen one or been to one, but I've heard it referred to in other TV shows in a "This is a real place" way. I wanna say King of the Hill

as for the setting, i dunno, their town is pretty generic. pretty average mix of age and race demographics, pretty standard weather and suburban architecture.. No major accents to speak of aside from "black" accent that black people all over the country mimic despite it deriving ultimately from slave-owners
It has a shitty school system though, so I'm thinking Florida until shown otherwise.
>>
File: Annie.png (589KB, 966x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Annie.png
589KB, 966x1078px
>>91238414
I'm telling you, it's ANNIE! Annie is a clone of his dead wife that he let get to 2nd base with his grandson!
>>
>>91231441
It hits way harder if you've had your finger on the trigger.
>>
File: 1488852273965.png (192KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488852273965.png
192KB, 500x500px
>>91239042
i hear you, i just don't think it works like that, you choose what you take on your exit but the swap process just exchanges brains 1:1 as much as is allowed by space

swapping Rick:Rick puts all the things where they're supposed to go because there's space on both ends, swapping Rick:Gromflomite has a one-way restriction on file size

also worth noting that by your logic, Rick could have left some other small piece of information behind in the first swap to leave room for the Level 9 access codes, but didn't and ended up having to ask for it, and i believe this is because he knows the swap is a single step exchange - thus he had to try a shitty bluff with nonexistent improv

further, the Rick he brainalyzes when returning to the Citadel doesn't have the clearance he wanted, but it was just "good enough" for him to get where he needed to go without raising enough suspicion to be immediately stopped, and when he arrives in the teleporter room whistling suspiciously, the first thing that's said to him is "Whoa, whoa, what are you doing in here?"
>>
>>91239042
>>91239265

I think you guys need to think about how the creators of this cartoon probably aren't autistic, like you are, and understand the use of non-literal language.

Sometimes normal people say things that aren't literal.
>>
>>91239122
.. huh.
>>91239352
the creators of this cartoon are far, FAR more autistic than we are. that's why we like it.
You on the other hand, I bet you're the type who addresses all discussion of religion with "it's all metaphor, you aren't meant to think any of it really happened!" and you haven't read a word of it
>>
>>91224514
>>91223803

Just travel to a universe that is x years behind.
>>
>>91239402

You're projecting a lot. I think the term is "headcanoning". You're putting a lot more thought into this than the writers did.

evidence of Harmon and Roiland using throwaway lines (in reference to Rick telling Morty that Annie has a "puffy vagina")

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/202owt/we_are_dan_harmon_and_justin_roiland_creators_of/cfza45g

(sigh) (sip of vodka) When you write a script for TV, there's a schedule. The job isn't done when the script is "finished," it's done on Wednesday, finished or not. You acquire a discipline in TV writing of working in passes. I had the script up on a big TV in the writers room and I was going through it, doing my pass, and I put the puffy vagina line in there. I thought, hey, this'll make the writers laugh, and then we'll be done with the script, and we'll send it to the network and they'll know it's a placeholder and they'll say "of course you have to change that" and the writers will say, "okay, let's change that now." What I failed to realize is that the network is Adult Swim and the showrunner is Justin Roiland. So now we have Rick saying that this girl has a puffy vagina. And your question, which is totally valid, is why does Rick know that. Why indeed. And, I mean, it's canon, so I'll answer. I think Rick heard a rumor. I think Rick was working really hard on Pirates of the Pancreas and he'd make routine trips to the inside of Ruben, and I think, you know, in the break room, people talk. [edit to add]: halfway through typing the answer to your question, I asked, in a semi-accusatory fashion, "who wrote that puffy vagina line?" And Ryan Ridley said "you did, mother fucker."

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/202owt/we_are_dan_harmon_and_justin_roiland_creators_of/cfzaksc

I think he had an up close and personal face to skin experience with Annie's puffy vagina. He just doesn't like em puffy man. Me? I'll take em however I can get em! (JK, I have pretty high standards)
>>
>>91239709
Depending what they mean by puffy, that's a high tier vagina anyway.
>>
>>91239709
on the one hand
>puffy vagina
on the other hand
>a pile of circumstantial evidence following what may or may not be a major plot point itself following a massive hiatus for the purposes of showmaking
>>
>>91239709

>it's a the autist doesn't realize his own autism episode
>>
>>91231183
more like cyborg nınja
>>
>>91230566
I talked to my brother about this and he said it was fucking fantastic and he's mad that he'll never get to have it again.
>>
>20 year old mcnugget sauce

The guys who made it are probably still alive and the recipe is probably in some corporate filing cabinet somewhere.

20 years is not so long ago that you need fucking time travel to talk to people who were there.
>>
>>91231149
I think they already do that.
>>
He's lying about the sauce too.

Either the story with him refusing the Council's offer was true, or he lost his wife and Beth in some other accident he created. He took the place of another Rick, just like in Season 1, but couldn't stand being around a wife and daughter that he feels responsible for killing in his original universe. So, he takes off, travels the multiverse, gets jaded as hell, and comes back to adventure with Morty.
>>
Wait
This might be a dumb question, but I need to know. Is Rick the only person in the universe, or any universe, that has learned how to cross through different dimensions? If that's true then this show makes so much more sense to me.
>>
>>91239122
Is that how he knew she had a puffy vagina?
>>
link to ep?
>>
File: Capture.png (110KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
110KB, 300x219px
Anybody knows what rick is saying in his 9/11 memory?
>>
>>91241995
https://vid.me/JBhQ
>>
>>91223803
he sould be able to go in a universe where McNuggest sauce was never temporary
>>
>>91242106
I could of sworn it sounds like he's saying 'jews took away our freedom'
>>
honestly what would i not do to suck justin's cock?
>>
>>91233929
Rick probably does dimension hopping for a whole lot of things. I guess that there happened to be one thing he wanted that he wasn't able to get for some reason, and it happened to be the sauce. His obsession with it might stem more from his inability to acquire it, rather then it tasting good.
>>
>>91242106
It sounded something like
"Oh god, oh god, they're going to use this as an excuse to take away our freedom."
>>
>>91242140
through some weird cosmic trick of chance it got recalled in every universe or else was never invented
>>
>>91230977
That scene always makes me laugh
>>
>>91223803
It wouldn't be the exact same mcnugget sauce though.
>>
why was the federation interested in the portal gun anyway, I thought they already had portal-technology, hence inter-dimensional customs and the whole seed-business from the first episode.
>>
>>91223803
Are people really thinking that the sauce will end up being something important and deep to be aknowledge?
>>
>>91243009
Sure. Why not? There was an episode with giant floating heads forcibly entering the Earth into a talent show. Why not pretend/assume the sauce will carry over? Do I care if it does? No. Will it at least be a callback at some point? Of course, that's comedy.
>>
File: S1e10_memory_making_love_to....png (2MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
S1e10_memory_making_love_to....png
2MB, 1920x1088px
>>91238414
I always figured that alien chick he nailed in the Close Rick-counters-flashback was Beth's mother
>>
>>91223803
It's the one thing he hasn't been able to master.

Until the series finale.
>>
>>91243103
>horrifying alien monster
>beths mom

huh
>>
>>91231441
>butthurt Jackfag because of lack of new ep being euthanize by Rickfag
>then Rickfag trying suicide because no more new R&M in while
>>
>>91228292
didnt the federation get destroyed?
how come it didnt affect them?
>>
>>91227101
I wish I had something popular so my fans could get this kind of shit arranged for me. Seriously, whose dick do I have to suck to get Ecto Cooler on the shelves for good?
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.