[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone think the Rick and Morty season three premiere would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

Anyone think the Rick and Morty season three premiere would be getting less hate if the writers had Summer be the one one the receiving end on Rick's villain speech?

Summer's NEVER seen the true evil nature of Rick and it would have been a far far far more emotional scene to have Rick GLOAT about destroying her parents marriage and how Summer, the bastard spawn that she is, doesn't mean jack shit to Rick except as a pawn to keep her emotionally abused mother a thrall of her evil father.

It would also explain WHY Summer would not be going on adventures with Rick going forward, in that Summer realizes that Rick is even more evil than Morty could imagine AND make future Rick/Morty interactions all the more creepy in terms of Rick lying to Morty about everything that drives him due to Summer knowing that Rick only gives a shit about a garbage dipping sauce and would slit the entire family's throat if it meant that he could gorge himself on that shitty dipping sauce
>>
>>91222753
That would be pretty cool but...
>on that shitty dipping sauce
Automatically makes me disregard everything you posted.
>>
>>91222753
You know that the dipping sauce really doesn't drive him right? He is just saying that because he doesn't want to reveal his true drive.
>>
>>91222753
>Anyone think the Rick and Morty season three premiere would be getting less hate if the writers had Summer be the one one the receiving end on Rick's villain speech?
She was on the receiving end of that speech you fucking dunce.
>>
>>91222753
It would probably be getting less hate if it decided to not deny us a new episode of samurai jack.
>>
>>91222753
>garbage dipping sauce
>>91222815
THIS

otherwise yes. also its jokes my man, we don't know ricks motivations on anything. though i am willing to believe it's the sauce until something else comes up.
>>
>>91222893
you are the dunce. he's talking about the garage speech not the standoff.
>>
I don't know if you caught the "subtle hints", but Rick is a-and I know you hate the word, but- a misogynist who both has no respect for the intelligence of and desperately craves the reverence of members of the fairer sex.
>>
This shit about the Galactic Federation being insane and stupid and the Council of Ricks being absolute evil just came out of nowhere. Really bad writing.

Previously the only reason they gave for us to hate the Galactic Federation was the fact they were a government. Those shorts about Human optimization and telling Aliens to cut humans in half and shit was just retarded.
>>
>>91222753
Look, anon, there's a reason Rick only ever unloads at Morty, and it's because he actually likes his girls.

It's very obvious if you're looking. He likes being their granddad. He likes spending time with them and being adored by them.

Morty is a boy, he can unload his own problems at him easily, he doesn't like him the same way.

"I'M THE PATRIARCH NOW" only has worth if that's what he wants to be.
>>
>>91223018
The Council of Ricks were just protecting themselves because they didn't want Rick to talk about their teleporting technology.

Rick never liked them, so killing them all off is just Rick being an asshole.
>>
>>91223018
i kinda like how the portrayed the Galactic Federetion, they were really alien in their mannerism, they weren't just a buch of space human society
>>
File: Rick_and_Morty_pixelsandpaint.png (1MB, 1119x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Rick_and_Morty_pixelsandpaint.png
1MB, 1119x1920px
>>91222753
I'm disappointed that the original family from Cronenburg world wasn't followed up on.

You'd think that would have been more than enough to show Summer that she and her family were disposable in Rick's eyes.
>>
File: 984948.png (338KB, 805x422px) Image search: [Google]
984948.png
338KB, 805x422px
>Summer's NEVER seen the true evil nature of Rick
>>
>>91223018
>the Council of Ricks being absolute evil just came out of nowhere
What are you talking about? Rick literally tore off Gearhead's nuts and shoved them in his mouth for betraying him, it's not much of a stretch to believe that a council of Ricks would have a Rick that willingly put himself in the hands of the enemy killed off as soon as possible for putting them all in danger.
>>
>>91223182
>they weren't just a buch of space human society
They were almost completely Space Human Society, like most of the Aliens in this series. They are even run by a President sitting at a President of the USA desk in a White House room in a suit.
>>
>>91223431
you do have a point there
>>
>>91223329
I'm not sure I understand why Summer loves him so much. She knows he's not her original grandpa, her adventures with him have mostly been negative and Rick is a complete jerk most of the time.

Morty kinda got tangled in everything and is just resenting him more and more no matter how many good things he does for him and Beth, well, she has abandonment issues.
>>
>>91223540
She's clearly got some of her mother's codependency issues, except without the years of abandonment that only worsened their effects on her. It's also fair to say that she probably got fed up with the changes the Federation made to earth, namely the Orwellian food pills, while the rest of the family were just fine with it (though Morty probably was trying to resist whatever effect they have before getting forced by the butlerbot). And while she did have some shitty experiences with Rick, she did have some that she enjoyed before things went back, like Tiny Rick who had helped her finally get with one of her crushes and brightened up their school days.

I will say though, it does feel like they chopped out some plot moments, like how the teachers were hiding out in the sewers and waiting for the chance to return to the surface.
>>
>>91223329
Nothing evil was going on here. Everyone just kept attacking that car for some reason.
>>
>>91224143
Cause it shot a guy.
>>
>>91223005
I don't know if you caught the "subtle hints," but women are more "average" than men. Men are more likely to be murderers and geniuses, more likely to kill themselves or to seek power and more likely to disregard anyone's opinion but their own. Rick's attitude towards women is exactly what an actual genius would be like, especially with the PTSD/mental break backstory. Beyond a pre-existing emotional connection, a woman offers him nothing of value.
>>
>>91224156
The first guy was attacking the car in an attempt to attack Summer.
>>
>>91222753
Rick needs to die.
>>
File: 1483006935082.jpg (561KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483006935082.jpg
561KB, 1920x1080px
>>91224245
He did like a lot
>>
>>91224245
already dead in our hearts
>>
>>91224245
All the cops found was an unarmed guy eviscerated and his friend crippled.
>>
>>91224359
Meant for >>91224218
>>
>>91224245
It would be better if it was someone else beat him at his own game. Something that seriously mess him up and make him despair like Unity did. And it has to be Morty who does it.
>>
>unsatisfyingly blast through every open ended plot thread to tie everything up in a neat little bow
>Air before the rest of the season to make people forget any of it was of importance to begin with

LOST levels of manipulative. And close it with a beat for beat remake of the ending from the pilot.
>>
>>91222983
Nope, watch the episode again, you dunce
>>
>>91223346

Gearhead's nuts are modular. He didn't kill Gearhead or even permanently disfigure him.
>>
>>91224245

If anyone is gonna kill Rick, it has to be Morty.
>>
>>91223540
>>91223781

I think Summer idolizes Rick if only because to her, he's the big adventurer and hero and also out of jealousy over how Morty gets to be his sidekick and not her.

So envy and jealousy combined with a need to have ANY form of validation from her hero grandfather.
>>
File: 1425370073546.jpg (82KB, 555x526px) Image search: [Google]
1425370073546.jpg
82KB, 555x526px
Rick's always swung back and forth between not caring at all about anyone else and sometimes feeling for them. He did sacrifice himself to save Morty in that Season 2 episode where their time was fucked up.
>>
>>91224883
Sure but he has swung pretty hard to not caring a few times, while so many times when he does they throw in a jokes he was being selfish in an odd way!

They kinda get this with Morty legitimately getting sick of him but I want to see that kick back with a real effect already. Almost there this episode
>>
>>91222753
With the Galactic Federal Government destroyed and no need to hide, Morty is more-or-less good for little more than being an emotional punching bag. Whether Morty takes it is going to be interesting, though, because we've already seen what rogue Morties can do and one of the very, very few blindspots that Ricks have seems to be that they underestimate Morties.

>>91223018
>This shit about the Galactic Federation being insane and stupid and the Council of Ricks being absolute evil just came out of nowhere.
No, not really. The feds were always incompetent, oppressive dumbasses for the most part and both the CoR and C-137 are both ruthless assholes who hate each other.
>>
>>91224883
That action can be as readily interpreted as Rick trying to kill himself for the umpteenth time rather than sacrificing himself.
>>
>letting Summer know
>implying he'd let Morty out of the crushing isolation that is the cornerstone of Rick's control
>>
>>91222753
>in that Summer realizes that Rick is even more evil than Morty could imagine
Little did OP know Morty would become the true evil of the series. Just you wait and see.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.