[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So they're finally getting rid of the worst character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Jerry_Smith.png (256KB, 688x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_Smith.png
256KB, 688x1012px
So they're finally getting rid of the worst character in the show.
>>
But now what's their B-plot going to be? Beth is certainly not capable of handling a story on her own.
>>
>>91222610
FART JOKE MORTY

BURRRPPP

LAUGH MORTY BURRP
>>
Jerry is the only funny character and the only character archetype this show does right though. The rest of the characters are just cringeworthy self-inserts.
>>
He did absolutely nothing wrong, Rick is a shithead and their family is better off without him
>>
>>91222610

They did it to take a shit on all the theorists thinking Rick has any backstory
>>
>>91222677
u should really stop watchin reddit and morty
>>
>>91222610
But Beth's still around.
>>
>>91222610
>worst character
>finally managed to stand up for his family, tell off Rick, and call out Beth for blindly supporting him
>>
>>91223143
Jerry deserved better.
>>
You people don't actually think they're getting rid of Jerry, do you? How are you this ignorant?
>>
Jerry fags probably liked Arnold in magic school bus it's a fucking whimsical adventure
>>
>>91222610
no Rick's still there

He is the main character after all
>>
>>91223161

definitely, the comic story with him just waking up in the middle of the night and driving out then coming back without anyone noticing he was gone struck a chord with me.
>>
Jerry was right.
>>
Given what this episode did to past plots

I wouldn't be surprised if future episodes retcons this and brings Jerry back anyway
>>
They're not getting rid of Jerry on any permanent basis. This is to give us a chance to see Beth's damage play out without Jerry to keep her grounded.
>>
Wait, holy shit...

What if this whole episode was an April Fool's joke and when season 3 actually starts, Rick's back in prison?
>>
>>91223274
Poor guy.
>>
Remember that Jerry Daycare that had the one guy that beth remarried after she divorced Jerry? Yeah that's happening
>>
>>91222740
Honestly... I think Beth and Jerry getting divorced would be the best for both of them. They're both co-dependant, unhappy and the myriad of things they've gone over already. Hell they planned to as much in the couples counselling episode at the end.

Its just yeah Rick replacing Jerry is a bad move, Beth is pretty... well dependent on rick instead, and unlike Jerry, doesn't really have to give anything back.
>>
>>91222677
>its a /tv/ gets a hard on from shitposting episode
>>
>>91223996
I got a hard-on from feral Summer if you know what I mean
>>
>just kept crawling and it kept working
Why is Jerry so moe?
>>
I watched all of the most recent season of Archer a few days ago, and now having a new Rick & Morty episode is leaving me very tired of this character archetype that Chris Parnell keeps getting stuck in.
I wish he would get cast as something fresh and new, because he's a funny guy. I loved him as Dr. Spaceman in 30 Rock.
>>
>>91222718

Buddy, you know you relate to him as a white cuckold whom everyone dislikes, but move on...
>>
File: 1447199156538.jpg (10KB, 232x194px) Image search: [Google]
1447199156538.jpg
10KB, 232x194px
I don't watch this show anymore but I saw the new clips with Jerry and Beth getting divorced after calling Rick out and then Ricks rant to Morty.

Was there a shitstorm over this? I always felt like Rick was a selfish cunt deep down (which is why I lost interest in the show) and now it's coming to light, and everyone seems mad. Why is this a surprise? He's always been a horrible character. Funny maybe, but still a total cunt.
>>
I'm getting some real Bojack Horseman Season 3 vibes from this. The kind of vibes where I start thinking "just let these terrible people fester in the hole of despair they have dug themselves into. I just don't give a crap about any of their bullshit anymore."

I guess 2 seasons is the shelf life for self-pity.
>>
File: IMG_0597.jpg (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0597.jpg
1MB, 1280x800px
>>91224400
Because they had been dropping hints that he actually cared about his family deep down, but if you take his rant at the end seriously they just threw that out the window and no amount of scenes with Rick looking sad an some sad music playing over will fix that.
>>
I doubt he's gonna be written out of the show just because Beth is getting a divorce. He's still Morty's dad after all. Maybe he's gonna have his own character arc over the season.
>>
>>91224400
The shitstorm came from Adult Swim airing a new Rick & Morty unannounced in place of Samurai Jack for April Fools Day.
>>
>Implying Jerry wont team up with the rogue Morty to go against Rick
>Implying Jerry wont fuck it up and later claim to have planned the betrayal the entire time
>>
>>91224601
It was always so obvious they used that to say
>he's really not that bad guys! Look! He's sad too!

I mean, I get most of the shit he does is satire, but there are hints everywhere in the show his neglect to care about his family, even in the earlier seasons. I would honestly become interested in this show again if they ended the series with Morty killing Rick.

also I hate that rick is the manifestation of
>tfw too intelligent to be happy
>tfw too intelligent to be a good person
>tfw too intelligent to not be a pessimist

Rick is r/atheism personified. I hope Rick dying is endgame.
>>
>>91223161
He got it pretty good; now he's far away from the shithole he called his home.
>>
>>91224746
Yeah I get you. But again, is not that he was good and there was hints that he was bad. It's that he was always bad and there were hints of goodness that got irrelevant in the newest episode.
>>
>>91222610
Nah, their divorce is going to take the entire season and they'll be back together by the end.
>>
>>91224746
Rick's apathy isn't from him being intelligent per se, it's from him being aware of the multiverse. Even Morty, who's far less intelligent, is himself struggling to hold onto his ability to care knowing that the family he's living with isn't actually his but the family of a boy that's alread dead, while his own family was abandoned like trash.

Rick, by comparison, has swapped between how many bodies in this episode? He's clearly ceased to care about concepts like the continuity of conciousness, he's stopped caring about the grandkids he's left behind and it's always up in the air whether he thinks the grandkids he's currently trying to give a fuck about are worth getting upset over if they die.

I mean, this Rick doesn't mourn the Morty that died, but the Summer that was related to that Morty he tries to save. That's a serious mindfuck that would make anyone question if anything you do actually matters, at what point would you have to accept that we're all just infinite lives for some abstract character and that our own life and death is meaningless?

That's the black humor behind the show, it's not just a matter of Rick being smart.
>>
>>91222610
theyre getting rid of rick? cool
>>
File: 1479172565597.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1479172565597.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
Rick is still in prison. He's in a perpetually-repeating simulation set up by the Federation in order to document every possible way in which he might try to escape. Wake up sheeple
>>
File: rick.png (442KB, 912x711px) Image search: [Google]
rick.png
442KB, 912x711px
>>91225079
This. People who think Rick's apathy and nihilism are purely the manifestations of being "to intelligent too care" are themselves being woefully short-sighted. Rick's problem isn't that he's too smart. Well, it isn't ENTIRELY that he's too smart. He once had dreams and aspirations of bettering the world through science, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten as far as he did in the field. Rick's problem is that he saw too much. And even though he's the most intelligent person in the multiverse, he is still a more human. His sense of self-worth, of the inherent sanctity of life, of the consequences of his actions have been shattered by the knowledge of just how insignificant everything that surrounds him is, himself included. He's a big fish in an infinitely bigger pond and, though he desperately desires to care and find some sliver of happiness in said pond, he's just seen too much to ever get to that point again.

Although the simulation was (supposedly) fake, what Rick said holds true: he's an unfeeling ghost of a person who drifts through life seeking out petty thrills and cheap victories which give fleeting meaning to his hollow existence.

He stared into the abyss and it stared back into him: that's the truth behind Rick's character.
>>
>>91224400

>Why is this a surprise? He's always been a horrible character.

A lot of fans believe that deep down Rick actually has a "heart of gold" or something and now they're all pissed off because of a humorous rant that "exposes" Rick as "evil" even though he has done countless more evil things as far back as season 1.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.