[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 300
Thread images: 41

File: IMG_3674.jpg (28KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3674.jpg
28KB, 480x352px
Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven Universe gets? It's a good show but everyone shits on it for no reason or MUH FANBASE. Other than that it's a solid show.

>Good characters
>Humor that's not edgy or grossout or references
>Nice clean animation
>Nice art direction
>Shout-outs to things only people with passion for the media would get
>Excellent music
>Interesting lore and worldbuilding

Can someone explain the hate?
>>
Ex-/sug/ here, delet this.
>>
>>91221049
>Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven Universe gets?
No, I think it's just deserved.
>>
Ignore the haters anon. SU is one of the better cartoons on TV right now despite what SJ and Reddit & Maymay shills want to say.
>>
>>91221049
Because of muh tumblr or muh sjw
>>
It's popular.

It gets more praise than hate but it's only natural that there would also be a large amount of hate.

And I'm not trying to say it's either liked or hated entirely because it's POPULAR CARTOON, just that since it receives a lot of attention of course there's going to be a lot of negativity too.
>>
As someone who doesn't give a shit, I believe it's a direct result of how the fanbase wouldn't shit the fuck up about how good it was.

With that said, I don't hate it but it's pretty mediocre
>>
>>91221049
Point 1, they've degraded themselves over time, hopefully it may recover after firing a certain person.

Point 2, SU get's most of it's scenes from anime for hell sake, what are you on about?

Point 3, that too, has degraded over time, hopefully it may recover.

Point 4, read the above.

Point 5, read point two.

Point 6, debateable, it's fair.

Point 7, we have a thread about that here >>91188262

Tl:dr the above, it's extremely implausible and no where near what should've been the state of the world in SU.
>>
File: 1491154129906.gif (813KB, 192x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491154129906.gif
813KB, 192x200px
The more something gets blindly worshiped and praised.
The more criticism it deserves.

Nothing is exempt from criticism.

I know that's not what you're trying to get from your post, but there are just too many people who praise it as flawless when it does have some pretty obvious cracks.

You also need to realize that everything you have said is subjective and based upon your relative experience and opinions. Certain groups of people will agree and many many more will disagree.

There is no such thing as 'shitting on something for no reason'. People can have problems with anything for various personal and objective reasons, they might not be good reasons in your opinion but these opinions can be as valid as yours in the grand valueless existence that is the human experience.
>>
File: 1470358845313.png (21KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
1470358845313.png
21KB, 540x303px
>>91221049
It gets hate from 3 different types of people

1) /co/ people who don't want (more) tumblrites here

Considering the show is pretty full on women empowerment with almost every male in the series being a fucking idiot, this is the easiest one to see. Steven is getting smarter and starting to actually be a real character (much to the dismay of tumblr) but for people who don't want to watch the show in fear of becoming what they hate most, they still have the "clueless never ask questions and just go with it" Steven that the show is FINALLY starting to part with. The biggest moment being the Bismuth episode. See pic related, but there is a much better collage of the meltdown tumblr had over that ACTUALLY GOOD episode.

2) people who used to watch the show but stopped because 75% of it is filler, and if it's a plot story then it goes on hiatus

I was one of these people for a while up until they decided to start doing steven bombs instead of acting like they can't push out an episode for months at a time. These people dislike the show because "clueless" Steven practically takes any moment of "ask the right question!" and turns it into "oh no I'm sorry about your feelings, lets just bottle this up and forget all about it." Then the next episode is about Steven saving some girl from a pizza nightmare and they put it away in the "plotlines we won't revisit for another month" box. See Amethyst Rose fucking with Greg, see Pearl doing anything, see Garnet talking about her past.

3) people who want to fit in

It's the easiest show to throw punches at because half of the time the show is on hiatus anyways. Everyone wants to show off their E-penis.
>>
I pretty much gave up my respect for the show when I realized everything I liked about it was pretty much ripped off from (much better) animes. The first couple of times I thought it was just an easter egg or two, but then it became rediculous.

So the show just became crying breakfast friends between moments of ripped off anime scenes. Something they are completely aware of, and make constant jokes about in the show. If you can't take your own show seriously why would I? Especially considering the theme of the show.
>>
>>91221049
>hey kid, wanna fuse?
>>
I watch SU, but it's not that good a show.
Music is cute, it has some decent arcs every once in a while and introduces some pretty interesting concepts.
It is totally tonally fucked, has some real jokers boarding some absolute horseshit, any one episode is a gamble from getting at most a 7/10 enjoyable episode but it could just be 1/10 unwatchable garbage- there's no quality control whatsoever. Much of the "lore" falls to the wayside, etc etc.
Really I'm just watching out of hope that it can meet its potential.
>>
>>91221620
Seriously nigga? You think those anime were completely original and were the origin of those things you liked? Can you even name one?
>>
>>91221260
This is pretty spot on.
>>
>>91221426
>Considering the show is pretty full on women empowerment with almost every male in the series being a fucking idiot
why would you lie on the first sentence, there's no need for that
>>
>>91221740
It's not about being original, it's about theme and tone. It's fine if you want to have awkward Evangelion homages. Everyone does those, but it's supposed to be a joke, not coinsiding with actual heartfelt drama and character building.
>>
>>91221815
2 Evangelion jokes. Congratulations in The Test and EoE in Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service. I doubt these ruined the entire show for you so what's up?
>>
>>91221049
It's so much wasted potential that it gets me a bit miffed.

Also
not funny either, so there's that
It's usually pretty basic stuff
>Interesting lore and worldbuilding
It's being drip fed to us to keep the lorefags watching, the actual show is SoL about a fat emotionally retarded kid
>>
>>91221363
fuck off
>>
>>91222172
>why do you hate this show
>because of this

>fuck off
>>
>>91221049

>nice art direction

no

>excellent music

no

>interesting lore and worldbuilding

no
>>
>>91221049
>or MUH FANBASE.

As if you aren't proving right now how good a reason that is.
>>
>>91222206
yeah thats what i said good job reading
>>
Steven Universe is morally degenerate. It's part of an effort to normalize destructive behavior (homosexuality, polygamy, obesity, diversity).
>>
>>91222266
>homosexuality

Are you saying that you get sexual urges towards men when watching this show?
>>
File: 1489712946867.gif (524KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
1489712946867.gif
524KB, 640x386px
>>91221049
>>Nice clean animation

Bait harder
>>
>>91222338

No, I'm saying its enabling homosexuals. It's teaching them that their mental disease should be accepted rather than treated.
>>
>>91221049
I'm a fan of the show, but I can understand that people might not like it. That said, they really go overboard with the hate.
>>
>>91221049
It's a fine show, I just think that it's being shown in a airing schedule where the dominating cartoons are a bit more low brow compared to it. So people are a bit desperate for decent western animation.

With any popular cartoon you're going to get unnecessary hate and praise. That's just how the media works, OP. Maybe if you weren't such a faggot you'd know that.
>>
File: 1491110036584.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491110036584.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>91221049
>good characters
>nice art direction
>nice clean animation
>interesting lore and worldbuilding
>>
>>91221049
It got worse; shitposts; anons trying to fit in
>>
>>91222430
Do you treat it by having a straight man give them a good dicking?

I bet you're a closet faggot, you lot always are.
>>
>>91221049
Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary shitpost /sug/ fags do because they search validation?
People dropped/don't like the show , life continue don't be a cry baby like Steven.
Your fucking fanbase ALWAYS cry about criticism , like your show is perfect or something.
Look those past threads with all those /sug/ cry babbies that cannot take opinions.
>>
>>91221049
>Nice art direction
You mean the show where everyone constantly change sizes?
>>
>>91222266
Return to /pol/ child
>>
Its a decent show but I never felt any reason to continue watching past s1.

Also, boring-ass romance subplots are boring ass
>>
>>91221049
I might have agreed with you back in season 2 but right now the show has really dropped the ball in almost every aspect.
>>
>>91222634

Cartoons should have no sex scenes or sexual innuendo of any kind, since they are produced for children.
>>
>>91222732
that's because rebecca sugar went from
>I have a specific plan for the show and it will end in a few seasons
to
>I want to still have a job so I'll keep it going forever
>>
>>91222729
What romance subplots?
>>
>>91222634
do you think is ok to push gay agenda/propaganda on kids show?
America is beyond fucked if true
>>
>>91221049

The show gives the illusion of deeper lore, when in reality it actually does next to nothing with it. The characters overreact to every negative thing.

They could solve an issue, but the second something goes wrong they jump at each others throats, everyone is crying, scowling and brooding, and the pandering.

Not to mention the show is CAKED with filler. Endless filler.
>>
File: 1489722604749.png (1MB, 665x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1489722604749.png
1MB, 665x1182px
>>91222786
>I want to still have a job so I'll keep it going forever
Fuckin' kek.

Get ready for 20 episodes dedicated to Ronaldo.
>>
>>91222810
Steven and that girl? Those two donut shop workers? Maybe I did watch some of s2, I don't know where I left off
>>
>>91221804
Its true, the only male characters that aren't idiots are the ones they never use gregs cousin(even though his character is more of a politcial stance than a character) and maybe some townies other then those guys thats it. They don't even do a decent job at women empowerment if thats what they are going for which is why its such a shit show.
>>
File: 1491149772559.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491149772559.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>91221049
>Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven Universe gets?
Nope. It's completely justified. The characters are awful and unlikable. Steven's VA in particular is fucking grating. The humor is nonexistent or just falls flat. The animation is shit, someone post that hilarious picture of Steven's body-size rapidly changing, where in one picture he's the same size as Lapis, in another he's shorter, and in another he looks like a midget waiter.
What the fuck does that even mean?
The music isn't great, and we just had a thread about how awful the worldbuilding is.

I have never met someone who liked SU and was also a normal functioning human being. People who like SU are also invariably an autist or a frenzied SJW.
>>
Honestly it's the art style that triggers me the most.
>>
>>91222921
Lol those subplots are so vague and go nowhere that I personally don't even call them subplots
>>
>>91221049
>Other than that it's a solid show.
It was in S1, yes.
>>
>>91222729
You didn't miss out on much, season 1 is the best season.

>>91222786
Yeah you can tell they're padding things out. It's a shame because Sugar's original vision for the show was probably good but it's been muddled by all these storyboarders/writers who get the characters wrong and the unnecessary lengthening of the show.
>>
File: 1487785478487.jpg (275KB, 1280x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1487785478487.jpg
275KB, 1280x1226px
Every episode of SU
>Steven is a bumbling retard
>Gems ignore him because he's a bumbling retard
>Steven does something retarded
>Gems get angry at each other because Steven is in trouble
>Gems save Steven
>Gems do the retarded thing Steven wanted to do at the beginning of the episode

Steven Universe is The Walking Dead of cartoons.
>>
>>91223037
They are reoccuring throughout the season, which is what makes them subplots. The fact that they are vague and go nowhere just makes them bad subplots.
>>
>>91221049
>>Good characters
>All of them are the same and have no internal conflict
>>Humor that's not edgy or grossout or references
>You're ten
>>Nice clean animation
>Everything looks flat in the picture you are showing us
>>Nice art direction
>Stop
>>Shout-outs to things only people with passion for the media would get
>Being niche is not a good thing
>>Excellent music
>Chord loops with whiny vocals
>>Interesting lore and worldbuilding
>Delete this.
>>
File: enano culiao.jpg (176KB, 953x416px) Image search: [Google]
enano culiao.jpg
176KB, 953x416px
>>91222963
This one?
>>
>>91221189
>SU is one of the better cartoons on TV right now
Only because of a curve, not because it actually deserves it. It's not hard to be the best among a sea of retards. That doesn't make you a genius yourself.
>>
>>91221386
>I know that's not what you're trying to get from your post, but there are just too many people who praise it as flawless when it does have some pretty obvious cracks.
It really fucking isn't praised as flawless and it's extensively shit on byy retards in almost every thread.

The most commmon criticism of it are:
>muh tmblr!
>muh SJW!
>MUH PANDERING!

When that's not what the show is about at all, and it ussually pisses off those groups. I'ts "criticism" based on heresay that they heard 3rd hand and a few select images they've glanced at.

Quite simply faggots like them, and you hate on it because they have not watched it at all and they get some sort of cliquish high ground from haitng on it and being with the cool crowd of /co/ that doesn't even exist.
>>
>>91223159
>hating on SU's music
>being contrarian

It's easily the most consistently good thing about the show.
>>
>>91223168
That's the one, thanks anon.
>>
>>91221049
I love SU

is my favorite show and I personally think that is the best Cartoon of all time.

If you don't agree, It's okay, it's just my opinion

but I am so tired people hating and shitting on SU for any meaningless reason, anons just go to a SU's thread and they throw hate and shit because they have a lot of butthurt or whatever, If you don't like the show is OK, but dude don't bother all days.

Why we just dedicate ourselves to hating the New Power Puff Girls instead?
>>
>>91222667
/pol/ has children?
>>
File: 1489561102871.jpg (45KB, 740x721px) Image search: [Google]
1489561102871.jpg
45KB, 740x721px
>>91223285
>>
>>91221189
>Ignore the haters anon. SU is one of the better cartoons on TV right now
>Say this when S3/4 exist
this is why a lot of people hate /sug/
>>
File: 1489420922769.png (487KB, 710x520px) Image search: [Google]
1489420922769.png
487KB, 710x520px
>>91222963
>>
>>91223305
What is that supposed to mean?
>>
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ&list=LLiPq7dDzlTtcehV2W0KbIww
>>
Learn to roll with the punches like the ponyfags did (and probably still do), you weenie. :)
>>
>>91223334
>>
>>91223168
>>91223334
>>
>>91223215
I'm legitimately surprised at how many people in this thread are complaining about the music, it's seriously the only consistently good thing in the show at this point.
>>
>>91223285
I like SU
I am not a retard like you that want a circlejerk , people also want to discuss the show mistakes.
if you like the garbage can that are S3/4 thats fine , but don't cry went other people see that crap and talk about it

>but I am so tired people hating and shitting on SU for any meaningless reason
If you really want to talk about how "perfect" the show is , go to reddit faggot.
>>
>>91222371
I lie in wake, this image repeating in my mind like a broken record. I try to scream, but I cannot, for my throat is parched from the screaming of before. This image haunts my dreams and my waking moments. Delete this
>>
>>91223420
S1/S2 music is great , 3/4 are mediocre as fuck
>buh muh hotel music , muh diamons
cheap as fuck
>>
>>91223456
Sorry I was bored
>>
>>91223420
Same here. I understand other criticisms of the show, I can even understand not liking the songs much, but the instrumentals are legitimately great.
>>
I think Steven Universe's main problem is Rebecca Sugar planning it out too much. Rather than progressing things in a way that feels natural, there's a checklist of major bulletpoints that she feels need to be done in a certain order. So you get weird shit like Malachite being thrown on the backburner because Peridot needs to turn good before either of those characters can be reintroduced, or Steven not being allowed to ask questions about Rose until after he finds out that she's a war criminal.

I feel like those kind of ideas sound great on paper, but they really needed to be more flexible and change things around in a way that feels natural.
>>
I have yet to see any VALID complaints about the show here, just a bunch of memeposting from people who don't understand what artistic liberty is like >>91223376 and >>91223168

>Gee I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder!
look at yourselves
>>
>>91223420
Garnet is the only singer worth a damn, Everyone else is awful. I cringe every time I everyone not garnet start to sing,
>>
File: 1490408198949.jpg (102KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
1490408198949.jpg
102KB, 600x471px
>>91223549
>Valid
>Not understanding what preference and opinions are

Anon....
>>
>>91223572
The music refers to more than just the singing anon, the background music is what people are talking about. Even the fans themselves admit that a lot of the songs are bad.
>>
>>91223599
Is Aivi & Surasshu no more or something?
Why suddenly the music is bad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W1UeYP9T7M
>>
File: 1490992849939.jpg (22KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490992849939.jpg
22KB, 308x302px
>>91223183
> extensively shit on byy retards in almost every thread

*by

I never said 'in /co/'
I meant OBJECTIVELY throughout many more social media sites, not just 4chan. And in real life too.

> I'ts "criticism" based on heresay that they heard 3rd hand and a few select images they've glanced at.

*It's

Yes, there are people that hate and don't do the research.

But what basis do you have that the many of these other people that hate it don't/have not watched the show?

Many of the threads even in /co/ are littered with people that liked the show and are trying to defend it and people who liked it but dropped it. There are also people that like it flaws and all.

You can like something that has flaws. Flawed media can still be enjoyable but denying that it has them is just dumb.

>Quite simply faggots like them, and you hate on it because they have not watched it at all and they get some sort of cliquish high ground from haitng on it and being with the cool crowd of /co/ that doesn't even exist.

It astounds me that you jump to the conclusion that I haven't watched the show by my post especially when my post was directed mainly at the fact that everything in our world is subjective and people will dislike the things the OP (or you if you are the op) may like.

This makes you as blind and judgmental as the people you are complaining about.

Did I say I hate the show? No.
I said people can have their opinions as unfounded as they are.

Calling me a faggot for discussing subjectivity and explaining that there are people who will ultimately not like something in a relatively objective way is immature and uncalled for. Especially since I never said I hated it.
>>
>>91223691
>I said people can have their opinions as unfounded as they are.
Aren't you just an egotistical brat.
>>
>>91223549
>Artistic Liberty is being off model.
Is this bait?
>>
>>91223432
I don't want "circlejerk" and I don't think that SU is "perfect", aslo I don't want people stop discuss the show mistakes.

Have you ever seen people made a topic about how The Answer is one of the worst episodes from the show or how Mirror Gem is a very overrated episode? because I don't , in fact the "best" thread I ever seen about "discuss" is this one: >>91188262

Because if ever in your life you read a SU thread in /co/, you would have seen that this is the trend:
>>someone makes a thread with a SU picture in the OP post
>go back to /trash/ sufag
>SU is shit. (end)
>tumblr tumblr hurr durr tumblr
>this show is SJW propaganda becuase...it has lesbians !!!!
>>Someone said that SU is good
>bait
>Bait !
>BAIT BAIT!!!
>>Someone mades a anti-SU thread like this: hurr durr Steven is so retared because ........jssfd because I hate SU hurr judjsudhsa scsjk
>yeah Steven is so retared, worst protagonist.
>SU is shit

if you think that is "discuss" I don't want know what you think is shitposting.
>>
File: tumblr_n8s6ooGcKI1qj3996o1_250.gif (937KB, 245x130px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8s6ooGcKI1qj3996o1_250.gif
937KB, 245x130px
>>91223808
I try.
>>
File: 1451203566355.gif (948KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
1451203566355.gif
948KB, 500x212px
>>91223943
Only way to live, Anon.
>>
>>91223935
and thats affect you how?
are you triggered that people post bait/shitpost about SU, one of the most hated shows + the fanbase is absolute cancer?
That thread you link , /sug/ autist got triggered because people have different opinions.
>>
>>91223935
People have a right to.

Free speech.

Also I think the word you are looking for is 'discussion'….

...and 'make'.
>>
>>91221049
i think this is bait but whatever
i do hate it but in 4chan ive come to accept it.Its a show about lesbians that tries to tell you to love yourself and others and puts more focus on morals than action, so of course 4chan hates it.
The hate has gotten worse nowadays cause we havent had a good episode since the zoo arc because season 4 sucks but if you let /co/ change your opinion on a show you should probably leave.
>>
>>91223215
>It's easily the most consistently good thing about the show.

Quick name 5 good tracks from season 4
>>
File: 1415998113273s.jpg (3KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
1415998113273s.jpg
3KB, 125x113px
Does anyone here have link to SU episodes on MEGA? Haven't seen new episodes since September
>>
File: 1408625543376.gif (512KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1408625543376.gif
512KB, 500x300px
https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/steven-universe-fanartist-bullied-controversy/

No
>>
>>91223995
my first post was about how I am tired of read people said nonsense shit about SU, and I explain why because someone think I want a "circlejerk" or something. Soo what are you even talking about?

>>91224052
yeah and Free speech means I can post how I am tired of people's shit
>>
>>91224113
>>91224208
These aren't really issues with the show though so much as an issue with the fandom, which everyone knows it totally batshit.
>>
>>91224206
>I can post how I am tired of people's shit
sure you can get more triggered or leave , your choice man.

>people said nonsense shit about SU
no shit anon , show have a lot of left stuff even pander to tumblr , the fuck you expect?
You want a circlejerk because you want to silence even the shitpost. You want a safe space and thats not gonna happen.
>>
>>91224113
>>91224208
>Most of /co/ tells everyone to neck themselves everyday.
>Tumblr does it once and it sticks.
>And the artist is still alive to this day.
Huh.

>>91224252
This, really.
>>
>>91224206
>Expecting anything to change by your post just like how the complainers you're complaining about expect anything to change by their posts
>>
>>91224270
I never said I want silence the shitpost.

I said "I am tired of shitposting" then an anon said something, then I answer why I think hate in SU here is mostly shitposting.

you need to learn how to read m8: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
>>
>>91224475
>I think hate in SU here is mostly shitposting.
and not because the new season sucked , or is a legit show pushing agendas
Back to trash, to your general please /sug/
>>
The reason it gets so much hate is because of the fan base. Also because people think that because it has lesbians its trying to appeal to sjw's. And lets be honest, the latest episodes haven't been that great.
Oh and just to be clear I am a pretty big fan of this show
>>
>>91221049
>It's a good show

No it's not
>>
>>91224475

>I want silence
>then I answer why

You also need to learn how to use proper tenses before shit talking people's ability to read.
>>
>>91224510
>Back to trash, to your general please /sug/
>proving my point

chill out dude, lol
>>
File: conspiracy tard.jpg (41KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy tard.jpg
41KB, 400x300px
>>91224510
>pushing agendas

Ha ha here we go.
>>
File: popcorn_gus.gif (1MB, 301x250px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn_gus.gif
1MB, 301x250px
How much argumentative millage can we get out of this thread I wonder?
>>
>>91221049
It completely lost me on one of the latests episodes, the one with Renaldo trying to be a Crystal Gem.

Too preachy and tone deaf for me. Every other time they got preachy it sorta had a balance, but now I just completely lost interest.
>>
>>91224653
200 posts, no shitposts.
If it's any less I'll give you five (you)'s.
>>
I'd say so
disliking current episodes over season1 is understandable
but then there's comments like (genuine or not)
>>91222963
which are trying way too hard
>>
>>91223087
this wasnt even accurate in 2014
>>
>>91224090
what a lovely trick question
I could give names IF THEY RELEASED MORE OF THE SOUNDTRACK
>>
>>91222812
Not even American.

A cartoon will not make a straight man crave dick.
If it does, sorry, but you might want to break it to your parents.

>>91222777
The only obvious stuff in SU is kissing, they might have overdone it in that one scene, but personally I wouldn't worry about something like this.

I don't think it's good to coddle your kids too much.
>>
>>91223168
>>91223334

to be fair, it was shown often enough that steven and the other gems can alter their size and shape.
>>
File: 1491119200422s.jpg (2KB, 125x107px) Image search: [Google]
1491119200422s.jpg
2KB, 125x107px
>>91224714
Deal.
>>
File: 1469559427979.png (50KB, 582x350px) Image search: [Google]
1469559427979.png
50KB, 582x350px
>>91221049
>the amount of unnecessary amount
kek

to answer your question - this show is good to get into, but absolutely terrible to follow. you watch everything they've alredy released, want more, and there's hiatus. months later, there's either a bomb with the constant leaks, or weekly episodes of a very questionable quality. and then there's hiatus again.

among their other shortcomings, they fail to accound their releasing schedule in - they simply can't afford non-plot episodes, but they go for it again and again. of coruse even the people who like and follow the show are getting upset, and there's no critisim as tough as an upset fan can provide
>>
I liked season 1 but the filler episodes, off model animation and meandering story line lost me pretty quickly it's pretty varied in design though and I think everytjing deserves to be critiqued
>>
>>91223677
I don't think it's that the music has turned bad exactly, it's just for some reason there doesn't seem as much of it recently. Maybe it's just me but the background music isn't as prominent as it once was.
>>
SU has presented us with a galactic scale civil war, aliens, alien monsters, a conspiracy, an epidemic, inhuman experimentation, objects and weapons of incomprehensible power...

And it's all fucking inconsequential background noise.

I can't take the wasted potential.
>>
>He cares about 4chan's opinion on anything
>>
>>91221049
That's a reference you silly willy. You contradicted yourself there.
>>
>>91225482
How can you not love the fact that they deal with petty problems and, make mountains out of mole hills and cry every 3 minutes?
>>
>>91225247
>>91225247
>>91225247
>>91225247
>>91225247
Since I'm impatient, here you go.
Spend them wisely.
>>
File: 1488749089948.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488749089948.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
Hey guys!! Does anyone have the image of carlos universe?
>>
>>91225852
>he doesn't
>>
File: fuck-you.jpg (64KB, 575x700px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-you.jpg
64KB, 575x700px
SU is for faggots.
>>
>>91223183
>It really fucking isn't praised as flawless and it's extensively shit on byy retards in almost every thread.

I agree, its priased as flawless by retards, not hated by retards

You are jus proving why people hate the show: The shitty fanbase that can't have a decent conversation about the show without sperging about it
>>
>>91225206
I used to use that as a crutch, now I don't because it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>91226256
>How can you not love the fact that they deal with petty problems and, make mountains out of mole hills and cry every 3 minutes?

Its a Pearl is a bad person but we should forgive her episode
>>
>>91221049
season 4
>>
>>91221049
I don't hate Steven Universe, just disappointed. I really want to enjoy it in the same way as I did season one, but it's clear they had no idea what they were doing after Jail Break. They tried to keep the comfy, slice-of-life style nature of the show and combine it with a space opera and it didn't work. In my opinion, they needed to go all out with the plot, or keep it a slice-of-life, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Same thing with everything being from Steven's point of view. You can't increase the cast and try to give them all development why still being tied to a stupid gimmick.
>>
>>91221049
I like s1-2, but at this point I'm almost looking forward to it ending so sugar can go back to solo stuff instead of things going the way s3 onwards has. Maybe it'll get better.
Pug Davis 4ever
>>
>>91222963
this a thousand times this
why did they tell the VA to yell all of his lines in that terrible, voice-cracking, annoying shrill?
how can people put up with a main character that is so annoying?
>>
>>91228446
Did anyone upload the completed version of Pug Davis? I know that at some point she released the book, but nothing past that.
>>
>>91227851
muh bait, muh take your (you) muh
>>
>>91225206
Connie too?
>>
>>91228715
They pitched up his voice in later episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn75Hi3oG28
Watch from 0:30
>>
>>91221049
>It's a good show but everyone shits on it for no reason
no reason stfu
>>
>>91221386
>The more something gets blindly worshiped and praised.
>The more criticism it deserves.
i love this statement
>>
>think that SU is high quality = think that SU is flawless
>think that comments like SU is tumblr/SJW/agendaofanything trash are not a good criticism = think that SUfags believe you can't criticize SU and you can't discuss about SU

people really need to stop oversimplifying things
>>
>>91228987
Fucking this. Most SUfags are actually quite critical of the show.
>>
File: 1483580777993.png (121KB, 624x760px) Image search: [Google]
1483580777993.png
121KB, 624x760px
>>91221049
Ignore Reddit and Morty shills

Steven Universe made cartoons great again
>>
File: Peridot's Degression.png (530KB, 1456x588px) Image search: [Google]
Peridot's Degression.png
530KB, 1456x588px
>>91221049
>Nice clean animation
>Nice art direction
>>
>>91229039
yeah !! I am a SUfag and I really hate Ronaldo for example, bad character.
>>
>>91221049
It sucks, you suck, this thread sucks.
>>
>>91229551
>aliens are just humans with funny hair and weird color skin
i want this meme to end
>>
File: Peridot off model. SU.png (171KB, 708x444px) Image search: [Google]
Peridot off model. SU.png
171KB, 708x444px
>>91229551
>>
>>91222371
>>91223456
this is a reference to the hand to hand fight scene with Pierre le Fou in Cowboy Bebop, not "bad animation"
>>
>>91229551
>>91229812
literal autism
>>
>>91221049
It deserves every iota of hate that it receives
>>
>>91222217
Steven Universe has the greatest cartoon soundtrack of all time, hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akk40fqmLKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeJuEM2ZRI
>>
>>91221049
>Nice clean animation
>>
>>91230692
Anytime anyone criticises the music in SU, I immediately know they're just hating to hate, and probably haven't watched the show.
>>
>>91221049
May be a nitpick, but them going for esotericism instead for science pisses me off to no end.
Ruby and Sapphire being treated as if they are two different stones is the most jarring example.
>>
>>91222264
You are asking people why they dislike it and tell them off if they actually do?
What do you try to accomplish with it?
>>
>>91228726
It's on libgen in the og sugarboukas website form iirc
>>
>>91221049
>>
>>91231240
There's also the pug Davis tumblr that has b/w scans.
>>
>>91229474
SU ran off the coattails of Adventure Time.
SU wouldn't exist without it.

So bad statement is bad.
>>
>>91231582
SU > AT
>>
>>91221049
It used to be a good show.
Now it's tedious trash.
>>
>>91232158
No
>>
>>91232322
>I like seasons 6-8

LOL
>>
>>91229816
It's both, fag.

PlF moved in weird ways, but he and Spike moved fluidly.

That was crap.
>>
I dislike it because the art direction/designs are always changing and it's full of useless filler that's not fun.

I feel that rebecca has a concise view for the show her team cant recreate, and they all overpower her submissive, quiet nature. I mean, hell, she doesnt even enforce a standard design for characters across episodes by other artists. She needs to be a more adamant leader.
>>
File: 1336279553289.png (297KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1336279553289.png
297KB, 375x500px
>>91221049
It's out-character'd by Gumball.
Out-humor'd by Loud House.
Out-lore'd by Star vs the Forces of Evil.
Out-animated by Samurai Jack.
Out-music'd by Gravity Falls.
Out-worldbuilding'd by most of the above.

It's really a jack of all trades, master of none type show.
>>
>>91232158
SU went to shit way faster than AT imo, that's what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket then start handling shit poorly. I don't give a shit about la solid half the episodes SU is putting out because if it's not about the characters or the main conflict its fucking boring whereas in AT even the random episodes are usually fun or interesting, even in season 8 or whatever they're up to now.

>SU
Had higher peaks, really looked like it was going somewhere, as of right now is doing nothing but shitting its pants
>AT
Made so many huge fuckups that I understand anyone who dropped it, but is still putting out more interesting content than SU on average almost 7 years into its runtime.

I feel like AT is gonna end while preserving a good amount of its dignity and I'm not sure SU will be able to do the same, I hope they get their heads out of their asses.
>>
>>91232488
>Out-music'd by Gravity Falls.
Bull shit, what good music did GF have other than the theme song?
I watched the entire show and I can't remember any other songs that made lasting impressions.
>>
>>91232564
yeah bro, Gravity Falls' music is shit
>>
>>91222812
Are you saying Star pushes cuckery agenda?
>>
>>91232564
The portal opening scene, the finale, parts of into the bunker, just to name a few. It was capable of some really suspenseful music. Not awkward shit like ukeleles or some black bitch singing during a fight.

Star completely blows both out of the water in terms of music but I had already mentioned it earlier in the post.
>>
>>91221189

>Lazy writing
>Annoying, hackneyed characters
>Ugly character designs
>MC quickly becoming insufferable
>Worse pacing ever known to man
>Plot points created then abandoned every fucking important episode

SU was good in the beginning, it wasn't perfect but it had it's charm. All of that went to shit after S2.
>>
>Loud House

Youv'e got to be kidding. I can barely watch Loud House without a stone face. It's as clever as a sunday paper strip.
>>
>>91232158
No fucking way
AT got bad with S5
SU got bad at S3.
>>
>>91232360
>Not liking season 7/8
How shit taste can you get?
>>
>>91232885
I like AT better but all of SU's seasons are double length aren't they? So for SU they got bad at around AT's season 5 equivalent when it comes to episode number, that seems pretty even to me.
>>
>>91224310

>Some anon jokingly telling you to kys on a Malaysian fingerpainting board

vs

>A thorough bullying campaign by dozens of completely earnest fanatics that affects your real life
>>
>>91232885
Steven Universe season 4 is far worse than any season of AT IMO. Even in the weaker seasons of AT there were great episodes like Time Sandwich and Is That You.
>>
>>91232929
>>91232885
>>91233016

looooooooooooooooooool
>>
>>91232158
I didn't mean either show was better than the other.

I meant that it wasn't the game changer of animation. It is simply the product of the times that owes it's existence to the bigger game changers of the past.
>>
I agree, but lately all the things you've listed happen once every 30 episodes.
>>
>>91221049
Who cares about the fanbase, the show itself is shit
>>
File: 1435805458206.jpg (272KB, 900x783px) Image search: [Google]
1435805458206.jpg
272KB, 900x783px
>>91221049
>Undeserved criticism
Dude, season 1 ended like two years ago.

I would agree with you then, and I would agree with you that the show still gets bashed for some bullshit reasons, but a lot of the criticisms that were unfounded back then (e.g. shitty characters and too much filler) have become valid as the writers have clearly lost the ball.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, instead of literally hiring fanfiction writers from Tumblr as storyboard artists and giving them a libertarian amount of freedom to modify the script and characters, Rebecca shouldn't have been such a push over and steered her ship.

Most fans of this show never got what it was about, and when they started working on it, they ruined it. It had more in common with something like Boy Meets World or the original Teen Titans in terms of its themes. It was about feeling at home with a disfunctional family and feeling their turmoil. It was about interpersonal relationships and how fucked up and wonderful they can get. It was about a kid growing up without a mom and learning to be an adult in his little ragtag family.

The fans, who tend to lie close to the stereotype a SJW (case in point: Lauren Zuke), hijacked the show and made it about blatant minority group representation. Episodes no longer play with lighting, angles, tone, or even dialogue to make a point anymore. Everything must be presented clearly. Anything must be a one-to-one analogue to a real-world issue rather than a complex situation fabricated within its own universe... or to put it simply:

Everything about this show hasn't felt genuine shortly after season 1.
>>
>>91233162
Are you really going to defend season 4?
>>
>>91232650
Gravity Falls had good music but Steven Universe had some great tracks that honestly are wasted on the show. It's really subjective Il admit. The composers in SU are indie game composers IIRC and it shows. Tracks in SU sound straight out of a 90s anime or PS1 game. If you dont have nostalgia for the sound youre not gonna like it.
>>
>>91233505
Very well said. Thank you.
>>
>>91233505
This
>>
>>91233505
>. Anything must be a one-to-one analogue to a real-world issue rather than a complex situation fabricated within its own universe
Okay, what is Rocknaldo a 1:1 to.

Because I've heard like five different contradicting interpretations to that episode.
>>
File: 1491105789271.jpg (74KB, 753x733px) Image search: [Google]
1491105789271.jpg
74KB, 753x733px
>>91233759
Cunts who want to insert themselves into everything.

Male feminists. (But making it all about themselves)

White people trying to help black people. (But making it all about themselves)

Straight people trying to help gay people.(But making it all about themselves)

Of course I think all of these are bullshit but I've seen Sugar's type believe this.
>>
>>91233759
It's simultaneously making fun of people who latch on to values of different peoples/cultures and pretend to be experts on them (and criticize them) because they're doing it for attention, as well as the weird DeviantArtists/fanfic writers who make OC donut steels.

The message is broad, but if you look at the storyboarders (Lauren Zuke and Hillary Floyd), it was leaning towards targeting majority groups (whites, straights, etc.) helping minority groups (colored people, LGBT, etc.).

However, what makes this episode (unintentionally) funny is that EVERY kind of group has these people, from the SJWs to the right-leaning /pol/ guys who criticize the show for being pussybabyland or whatever, to even their own damn staff. The the writers' lack of self-awareness and their self-exemption to the issue led to them pretty much pissing everybody off because the episode just feels like it was written by know-it-all cunts.
>>
>>good characters
>>nice clean animation
>>excellent music
>>interesting lore and worldbuilding

LOL
>>
>>91234172
>excellent music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LsNmHNQSWY
>>
>>91233820
So it's not a 1:1 interpretation.

>>91234035
>Say this applies to EVERY group
>But then mock their "lack of self-awareness"
If it happens in EVERY group then nobody would be allowed to comment on it without being accused of "lack of self-awareness" or "self-exemption". Maybe you're a bit up your ass.
>>
>>91234202
Sounds generic as fuck, anon. Come back when your cartoon has actually good music.
>>
>>91233759
rebecca said it's about bullying in a podcast
>>
>>91234239
I don't even like the show anymore, but hating on the music is a meme complaint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNcXFlcBJy4
>>
>>91234533
Come on anon, holy shit

has no one really ever listened to soft jazz ever? This sounds so generic that if you told me
it was from stockmusic.net I would believe you.
>>
>>91234593
I'm not calling it groundbreaking, but the music is solid and suits SU's style to a tee. It's supposed to be atmospheric.
>>
>>91234233
I think he meant it pertains the specific qualities exhibited by multiple of the fans and critics of the show, but not necessarily every literal group in the world. The message was lost between the primary forces tearing this show apart. It's an example of an issue that could only satisfy the divided fanbase with a 1:1 analogue to a situation where the writers go "LOOK WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ____" but hilariously led to an outburst between fans because they thought their values were being targeted.

And I don't even think that this kind of situation being in SU is a problem, it's that it was handled in such a painstakingly obvious manner that doesn't reflect the show's more nuanced approach to real issues in its first 50 episodes. It didn't come out of an organic situation or bigger conflict; cardboard caricatures of the characters from early episodes practically winked at the camera and asked if we "got it." A lot of things have felt like that going forward though.
>>
Steven Universe in nutshell
I'm fucken gay
I'm REALLY fucken gay
I'm woman empowerment fucken gay
We think we are as good as dragon ball z so that really makes us gay
>>
>>91221049
Stop making this thread, how many times do you need it explained that it's stagnant
>>
>>91223183
>This already

Surely you're trolling. His post boiled down to "criticism should not be discouraged, opinions are subjective" and you came back at him with this autistic shit, calling him a faggot and throwing around the /pol/co/ strawman. Shit like this is why people hate SU fans
>>
>>91232488
>Out-humor'd by Loud House.
SU humor is pretty bad but Loud house bland shit isn't better
>>
>>91221049
>>Nice art direction
The characters have no set heights.
This "OMG this one's for REAL NURDS only guys! xD" mentality is a fucking scourge. You watched Sailor Moon as a kid, I don't fucking care.

Other than that it's not a bad cartoon. Just easy to shitpost about because fags always take the bait.
>>
>>91221049
It gets hate because most of the characters are one-dimensional or retarded, has potential but never uses it, nothing ever fucking happens, the conflicts are mostly solved by crying, unnecessary amounts of crying and the most insulting of all things is the fanbase who never shut the fuck about how "great" it is
>>
>>91234202
Is this the original track or a midi version?
>>
>>91221049
You really need to work on your baiting skills.
>>
>>91228011
>Space Race
>Rose's Scabbard
>Sworn to the Sword
>Week of Sardonyx

am I missing any?
>>
>>91236723

>unnecessary amounts of crying and the most insulting of all things is the fanbase who never shut the fuck about how "great" it is

I'm basically a SJW, i use tumblr and if you all saw my tumblr you would probably just start vomiting, but wow I agree with this. It was really well paced in the first season, you felt the emotions build and reach climax along with the characters so the tears felt natural. The dynamic was genuine and Steven wanting to prove himself was really satisfying and well paced.

At some point the tears just became bland shorthand for "This character feels emotion, YOU FEEL IT TOO!!!" without any of the work behind it.

Also the Pearl/Rose material could've fit comfortably into about 5 episodes, max. Stretching it out like they did made it lose emotional impact. I used to really sympathize with Pearl's situation, now I can't even sit through an episode with that as theme. Hinting at it gently like they did with Amethyst and Greg's history would've been way more satisfying and left room for actual plot to play out.
>>
>>91223935
Jesus fuck, learn English you ignoramus. Your posts are such a pain
>>
>>91238396
See, the Is This The Pearl Show?? meme is one of the things I don't get with the SU complaints. WHERE are all these endless, endless, infinite Pearl episodes? I guess it's one of those things where if you don't like a thing every bit of exposure to it seems 500 times worse? I don't know. She's barely been in the show for 2 seasons now (Mr. Greg in S3, Last One in S4 is pretty much it). Not to mention Muh Rose episodes sum up to like 4-5 eps, max.
Plus I'd fucking kill for a decent Pearl backstory ep at this point, the way they're refusing to divulge anything of substance about one of their main cast is grating.
>>
>>91225206
Except Peridot explicitly CAN'T and steven can't do it reliably. It takes effort for him to grow even and inch or two and even the strain of that made him almost explode.
>>
>>91236723
>>91238396
This is the exact reason I stopped watching. They want all of the payoff but can't be troubled putting in the effort to make it feel genuine anymore.
>>
>>91233505
>Most fans of this show never got what it was about, and when they started working on it, they ruined it. It had more in common with something like Boy Meets World or the original Teen Titans in terms of its themes. It was about feeling at home with a disfunctional family and feeling their turmoil. It was about interpersonal relationships and how fucked up and wonderful they can get. It was about a kid growing up without a mom and learning to be an adult in his little ragtag family.

Beautiful
>>
>>91221049
Biggest annoyance for me is the quality jump from one episode to the next.
>>
>>91233515
No but its better than AT

I would rather watch Mindful Ed or LOOoBC than whatever Adventure Time has been doing for the last few years lmfaoo
>>
>>91242229
Watch Hall of Egress or Flute Spell. There is no comparison in storytelling quality to what SU has been putting out lately.
>>
>>91221049
>unnecessary
It's completely justified
>>
>>91221804
Greg is a bum and a loser
Steven is a gay crybaby
Every other dude is irrelevant outside of pointless filler episodes
>>
>>91242315
Very bad episodes!
>>
>>91234593
Wtf are you even talking about

That last link was not soft jazz so you're actually retarded
>>
>>91223364
>posting E;R
Here's an actual critique
https://youtu.be/Hc8Oin4De6s
>>
I really hope someone from the crewniverse has been seeing all these threads lately and is able to address our concerns going forward. I know we're not the target demographic but I just really want this show to be good again. It fell so far from what it was but it's not too late to turn it around
>>
>>91221049
Everybody hates it it because it WAS good but NOW it isn't

If writers get their shit together and start making good episodes again, then whatever, I'll watch it again. For now it's shit - latest ~5 or more episodes were so bad (simply boring and some of them cringy), that I didn't manage to watch any of them for mare than 4-5 minutes. And what's more - I didn't even wanna to watch them at all in the first place.
>>
>>91242534

>My opinion > your opinion: the post

They were actually decent as fuck.
>>
>>91221620
>became crying breakfast friends
That's fucking it. Like, literally - SU became the thing it had been making jokes of
>>
>>91242534
I don't what else to say except you have shit taste.
>>
If someone has watched a few episodes and said this show isn't for them, I excuse it. They tried and it just didn't click. If someone talks shit about its fanbase, I excuse that because it is pretty bad. However if its fanbase is the reason they do not give the show a try, I do not respect that. A show affects its fanbase, but not too often is it the other way around. I won't lie that the fans have had some influence in shaping the show, but that's still no excuse to hate a show you haven't even watched on.
>>
>>91243101
I never understood this either. If you don't like the fanbase then don't interact with them. Simple as that.
>>
It's not a good show and I've never interacted with the fan base because I don't go to tumblr and the fan base here has containment threads, plus they hate the show too.
>>
>>91243101
A cancerous show attracts a consistently cancerous fan base 7 times out of 10. I can understand the reasoning
>>
>>91221049
As someone who never watched SU, I still don't believe this show has songs.
>>
Pacing is getting bad
I don't like what they did with Lapis and Peridot
I don't like that they used expensive people for important roles
I hate that they don't have model sheets so their heights and bodies are completely out of whack
>>
File: 1438526836941s.jpg (2KB, 115x125px) Image search: [Google]
1438526836941s.jpg
2KB, 115x125px
>>91221049
Yeah pretty much. It's not perfect or GOAT-tier but it is still pretty unique from other shows and gorgeous-looking.

Unfortunately, it is a meme show here on /co/.

Seriously fuck /co/
>>
File: 1443835911693.png (226KB, 559x560px) Image search: [Google]
1443835911693.png
226KB, 559x560px
>>91226700
It's a gem.
>>
>>91221260
So kind of like Homestuck?
>>
>>91223289
/pol/ is filled with children. Or people with their minds.
>>
>>91221049
it's a shit show and shit shows deserve to be shit on
>>
>>91221049
Once Ian left it turned to shit
>>
>>91233505
11/10 post

The subtlety that made this show very expansive is gone
>>
>>91243593
Whats "unique" about this show?
>>
>>91232488
>Out-humor'd by Loud House.
which is sad if true, because Loud House isn't that funny.
>>
>>91243593
>lets blame/co/ and not the hack that is Rebeca
Sure /sug/
>>
>>91244101
SU isn't really a funny show, but it has its moments. (Mostly Pearl).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvsrACGH_dA
>>
>>91221049
This this thread i learned:
People gave SU a chance , Sugar blew it up and now people hate it.
/sug/ can't take critisism about his """perfect show"""
SU retarded fanbase as a hole are the ones to blame , they accept every trash Sugar throw at them

I am glad i left /sug/ and SU. Its a train on fire with no brakes.
Also hope you got your answers OP.
>>
>>91243101
I understand the logic since they started hiring out of that fanbase shortly into the show's run
>>
>>91221049
I'm not a fan of the art style, and everything I've heard about it suggests it is nothing more than far left propaganda.
>>
>>91244234
>/sug/ can't take critisism about his """perfect show"""
There are a few vocal, obstinate supporters, but most of /sug/ fucking hate the current direction of the show.
>>
>>91244286
This, I just wish those obstinate supporters would stop making these shit apologist threads
>>
>>91221189
Fuck you. This show deserves a crossover!

The idea of Rick fucking around gemtech and Homeworld would be a delight to watch.

>inb4 Rick is Gem Enemy # 1
>>
>>91232959
>Jokingly.
If /co/ is mostly right, and Tumblr is mostly left, does that mean /co/mblr is in the middle?
Then I can see it being a joke.
>>
>>91221189
>Reddit & Maymay shills

Lot of fan crossover there desu, why do you think both SU and Rick and Morty threads are such disasters?
>>
>>91244430
It helps that both shows explore aspects of sci-fi. While SU goes for living with aliens and finding yourself, R&M goes for the trouble you can find by exploring the unknown and learning not to give a shit.
>>
>>91221049
>>good characters
>>Nice clean animation
>>Nice art direction
>>Excellent music
now i know this is bait
>>
File: 1491000549336.png (581KB, 1400x2294px) Image search: [Google]
1491000549336.png
581KB, 1400x2294px
>"WAAAHHHH somebody pull this popcorn necklace out of my asshole so I can eat it and gain another 20 pounds!"
>>
>>91244286
Yeah, go into /sug/ and any discussion that revolves around the show is almost entirely people talking about how shit the last season's been.
>>
>>91244234
All /sug/ does is shitpost, whine about filler, and threaten to drop the show everytime a new episode comes out. They understand that the show is far from perfect
>>
Serious question: is it really that difficult to stay on-model or is just a case of the animators being lazy shits?
>>
>>91230692
>>91231040
It's not bad, it's just not particularly memorable either
>GOAT
Definitely not, though
>>
>>91244931
No it's not, it's a deliberate choice by Rebecca to have the animators photocopy the storyboards.
>>
Because the storyline is just sad for the sake of being sad, the constant "I remember that" nostalgia shit, the songs sounding like that one whiny cunt who brought their acoustic guitar to a party, and the fact that regardless of what I do to avoid it, IT WILL NOT GO AWAY
>>
>Does anybody hate that people don't like what I like?
>>
>>91222264
dumb cunt, what are you so smug about?
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (49KB, 370x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
49KB, 370x300px
m8 Steven Universe is trash and everyone knows it.
>>
>>91221049
OP there is a dedicated group of shitposters on this board that will hate anything popular. They don't even watch shit, they just lurk threads, absorb information, and shitpost about it for days and weeks and YEARS on end, trying to literally make it the next MLP. As best I can tell it started with Homestuck, way back when Homestuck was actually good (meaning before MLP was even a thing).

Look at recent Samurai Jack threads. It's even starting to happen there. Look at Becky Prim threads. It's always the same. First couple weeks everyone loves it, then come the contrarians.
>>
>>91246192
It's true and it's sad. I hate normies as much as any self respecting person would, but I'm not so desperate to feel a sense of belonging that I would go around shitting on anything people try to enjoy.

These people are just sad sacks that got lost on their way to /r9k/, or the noose, on any given day.
>>
File: IMFASTASFUCKBOI.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMFASTASFUCKBOI.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Is that Crash Bandicoot?
>>
>>91232935
Only the first season was
>>
>>91246676
Yep
>>
>>91244359
Would watch desu
>>
>>91221049
THICC

idgaf about SU but I'd fuck Garnet forever
>>
File: 1491214719512.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1491214719512.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
Hippity hoppity…

I wish SU would end so that all the bait threads and fags on both sides would stop eventually...
>>
File: HIPS.png (665KB, 996x888px) Image search: [Google]
HIPS.png
665KB, 996x888px
>>91241309
You're blind if you don't see how Pearl has more screentime, dialogue, and development than almost any other character. You can tell she's the writers' pet, they put more effort into Pearl than they do with anyone else.

>>91250229
Good taste.
>>
>>91221363
>Town on the beach is just called Beach City
>The home world of the gems is just called Homeworld

>City of settlers from York is just called New York
>>
>>91250668
How is that relevant to what I said?
>>
>>91250714
re: point 7
>>
>>91250790
I meant the posts within that thread not the OP's post in that thread.
>>
>>91250714
It's an example from real life of the gripe that you had used to make you sound pedantic. Was it that hard to figure out?

I like to think of the naming of Homeworld as an aesthetic choice, an alternative to falling into sci-fi cliches, even if it's a bit of a cliche itself. Besides SU has a lot more glaring issues than something as trivial as names of planets/cities
>>
>>91250841
But I'm not the anon talking about names for certain locations.
SU really does have too many problems right now though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>91250295
Stop crying
>>
>>91253072
No you
>>
>>91221049
It's like The Walking Dead.

Started off great with some great characters. Wasn't perfect but it was fun.

Around the mid point pacing and character development became terrible and things quickly went downhill as it retread over the same character arcs and shitty out of nowhere plot points. Quickly jumped the shark.

Now it's gone on too long and is fucking unbearable. Characters and plot are beyond saving and now it's just pandering the liberal millennial #OMG fantards who are too stupid to see anything of quality.

It's the animated Walking Dead, watch it go on for 10 years. And you know what the shit part is? You'll keep watching it, but you'll never get any closure. You'll watch it to it's very shitty end and pray for an ending.
>>
>>91253848
Actually it might end at season 5 or 6 (thankfully) so…

Still doubt there will be closure.
>>
>>91223168
>Filename
>Sudacadetected.jpg
>>
>>91222963
>>91228715
its fucking morty but not meant to be for comedic effect
>>
>>91226700
>>91243672
Steven After Not Surviving
>>
>>91254762
>Sensible chuckle gif.
>>
>>91254762
Never gets old.
>>
>>91221049
>>91246214 (OP)
>It was just another day for Steven, "Hooray!" The autist squealed like a pig. "We're going to McDonalds!" A typical american fat kid who just happened to be a artificial automaton who may not truly exist.
>"That right Steven-"
>"Pearl, the Doctor said-"
>"Shutup Garnet!" The pointy nosed merchant growled. "We're going to get lunch and-"
>Suddenly, a megaphone crackled on and a voice boomed through the shack. "You're under arrest! Step away from the child and come out with your hands up!"
>Steven panicked. "What are we going to do!?"
>Pearl was rather smug. "Oh Steven, they're just humans. We'll just fuse and they'll run away!" They stepped out of the shack, and the cops aimed their guns.
>"Hands on your head!"
>"Ready girls?"
>"Ready!" THe gems began to fuse.
>It would've worked but-"HES GOT A GUN! HES GOT A GUN!" A flurry of gunfire rained on the gems. The rocks getting broken into a million pieces as the Patrol Officers, Detectives, and even the SWAT unleashed the hammer of law.
>When the gunfire stopped and smoke blew out of the muzzle, the Gems had been broken into a million pieces-save for Pearl, she was now a deformed statue missing her mouth, legs, and her right arm. Steven could only do what he always did. "No! WAAAAHHHH!"
>Steven was then sent to a foster home in Royal Woods with the McBrides who... Well, let's just say Clyde had some company when their 'uncles' came to visit. Greg got his ass arrested and sent to prison for ten years for both child abandonment and business fraud. Onion wound up getting Ronaldo deported, and now he works in a taco truck south of the border with cousins Marko, Bobby, and Ronnie. He being the white one usually got blamed for all their woahs and beaten.
>Steven also got picked on all the time by Lynn. "Hey it's that Fat Kid! Let's get him!"
>"Noooooooo! Leave me alone! WAAAAHHHH!'
>"Alright Fatty, you're gonna pay for making me get detention..."
>>
>>91250509
pearl is shit and s1 garnet was better before she became violence is the only answer my future vision can see. how have they completely ruined peridot post-barn lapis so bad shes poochy the unfunny memer now.
>>
>>91236723
When the fuck have conflicts been solved by crying? Like MAYBE once, in that hotel episode, but Steven got angry and didn't start crying. Hell, one of the only times he cried when in danger was the space episode but he sucked it up and focused.
>>
>>91221049
The show has been stalling itself pretty hard for some time now, shit like the centipeetle getting partially healed keeps me going but there are too many townie episodes and those were better earlier in the series.

That said, the full-blown vitriol is a weird internet tribal fight where the show is a marker.
>>
>>91221049
Because it's a mainstream and popular show. Same shit with MLP, what, 6 years ago? Did Wakfu get shit on after that became popular? I wasn't around for it.
>>
>>91259837
>Did Wakfu get shit on after that became popular?
No it got cum.
>>
>>91250668
New York isn't just "New City" though
>>
>>91259837
No, because it actually sucks.
>>
>>91221049
The show was excellent in Seasons 1 and 2 and then I think it went down hill after The Drill. Zuke basically nuked most of the characters especially Peridot and Lapis. I also became desensitized to all of the emotional moments. I would get teary eyed a lot in Season 1 and especially Season 2 but then when I have to hear about "muh rose" or "muh fusion" or "muh mom" for the fifty billionth time I get sick of it.
>>
>>91221049

damn, I really want /co/ has flag posting.

We need to find the Leaves and rake them.
>>
>>91224653
not a single argument has been posted
>>
>>91259837
Wakfu is waifubait but it getting more popular allowed people to accept the mediocrity of most the episodes due to it being made for children and syndication
>>
>Mostly filler episodes
>Shitty hipster music
>Whiny, faggot protagonist
>Forced progressivism
Thread posts: 300
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.