[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that we know Rick's true motivation, will Dan break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 37

File: TNiuTW4.png (843KB, 1902x1002px) Image search: [Google]
TNiuTW4.png
843KB, 1902x1002px
Now that we know Rick's true motivation, will Dan break his only rule of the show and actually make Rick and Morty do time travel?

How else could they get the Mulan nugget sauce?
>>
>>91212032
Kidnap McDonalds staff all over the command structure and torture the recipe out of them.
>>
>>91212032
Honestly why hasn't Rick just gone to another universe where the Szechuan sauce was such a success that they kept it forever

infinite possibilities right?
>>
>>91212046
There are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 but 3 isnt one of them.

Even if that universe is out there, that's a lot of universes to look through.
>>
>>91212046
Thats what he's looking for. The nugget sauce needle in the infinite universe hay stack.
>>
...Maybe this was a meta way of McDonalds to bring back the Szechuan sauce.
>>
>>91212065
He was able to look up in an instant for a universe where he and morty died at that exact moment, but he can't look up a universe with the sauce?

Or god forbid just fucking find the recipe and create a robot that can endlessly produce it?
>>
>>91212065
>>91212068

how then did he know to choose the exact universe where everything was the same but he didn't fuck up that one thing that killed both him and Morty

Theoretically wouldn't a 1:1 dimension with only 1 difference be doing the same thing
>>
>dan
Justin Roiland calls the shots.
>>
>>91212032
It was obviously a joke meant to freak Morty out.
>>
>>91212078
>It's real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc
>>
Episode was fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1489745713175.jpg (26KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489745713175.jpg
26KB, 800x600px
>>91212087
The only reason rick is able to actually control which universes he goes to is because he designed a way (The goggles in the inter-dimensional TV episode) that scans for genetically matching versions of yourself. He did the same thing in rick potion 9.

So, basically, he can find any universe ... as long as it's got a certain conditional parameter inside it that he can map and chart a course to.

Also, it's a fucking cartoon you retard.
>>
>>91212113
It was better than all of season 2 combined
>>
>>91212125
that isn't hard to accomplish. Season 2 sucked
>>
>>91212125
parts of season 2 were funny. This wasn't funny at all.
>>
>>91212124
are you implying sauce genetically altered his genetic code to where he couldn't find a him that still had the sauce

captcha EXTRA CEPTIONS
>>
>>91212138
I disagree. But plot was clearly center stage. After how they ended the last season, it was kind of required.
>>
File: 1487726014565.png (90KB, 265x258px) Image search: [Google]
1487726014565.png
90KB, 265x258px
>>91212138
I love how this show is so witty and subversive, even of itself, that autismos on 4chan will go out of their way to be as obtuse as possible just to avoid liking something that is popular.

Brings a tear to my eye.

>>91212157
Well, from what we understand of ricks technology, i don't think so. What you eat doesn't alter your genetic code.

And you also have to remember that every other version of him is also a super genius of some description.

So, no.
>>
>>91212087
the universe with the sauce would be 20 years in the past of spiting branches, then finding 20 years of IDENTICAL history except for the sauce issue.
the chronenbergs on the other hand was 5 minutes in the past and required looking into a different reality where only 5 minutes of decision making was different
>>
>>91212167
There were better ways. Entire episode feels like the VR episode. All of it seems fake and a bit off. If this was a setup for a better season i'm fine with it. This episode,though, was one of the worse.
>>
File: 4565467.png (920KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
4565467.png
920KB, 1280x718px
Guys, I found out how the Mulan sauce is made!!
>>
>>91212193
>that autismos on 4chan will go out of their way to be as obtuse as possible just to avoid liking something that is popular.

Maybe it just wasn't good.
>>
>>91212138
your right it was AMAZING and hilarious
btw you missed april first by like 2 hours
>>
>>91212197
Did we watch the same show? It feels like you're going out of your way to hate a good episode.

I was skeptical as fuck about the show coming back but even I had to concede they nailed it.
>>
>>91212032
So can you easily find Szechuan sauce in groceries? You can with Plum sauce and Duck sauce and they are both delicious.
>>
>>91212032
This was a good fucking episode.

Samurai Jack is overrated as fuck. Everyone who cried about having to wait one more week needs to neck themselves.
>>
>>91212213
I didn't say it was great, I said it was better then this turd.
>>
>>91212225
I'm not, really. It hit your notes, it missed mine by a mile.
>>
File: rob.png (86KB, 160x247px) Image search: [Google]
rob.png
86KB, 160x247px
>>91212210
why was it not good

was it not good or did you just not like it

there's a difference, anon
>>
File: 1487851524036.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1487851524036.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>91212210
>>
>>91212197
Did you also hate all of season 1? This episode fit right in there in terms of quality and humor
>>
>>91212246
I guess it's just down to taste then.
>>
>>91212246
>>91212210
>>91212197
>>91212138
Fucking contrarians
>>
What it the whole episode is just inside Rick's mind and he's still in prison
>>
>>91212092
no thats not how it works
think of it like a tree branch, events need to occur in the correct order to arrive at a plausible outcome, ie the end of the branch, hopping timelines is just moving to another branch, youre not creating a different tree because you want it to be purple, it cant be purple, theres still limitations in place
yet because theres no limitation on how small a change can be, the universes are infinite, but that doesnt mean theyre omnipotent, like youre fully capable of coming up with a scenario that cant possibly happen
>>
File: 1480893059216.jpg (25KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480893059216.jpg
25KB, 800x600px
>>91212228
>>
>>91212113
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>91212254
It boils down to poor pacing, unfunny dialog, and too many "plot holes" being filled by just killing everything off. There were some great ideas in this episode, they were not fully realized.

The episode overall felt fake. Like the episode itself was an April fools joke.
>>
There's no fucking way they'd have shit like Nathan Fillion for an april fools day joke
>>
Episode was a great start. Hopefully this means Season 3 will be a step up from season 2. Hell, the fact that Beth and Jerry are getting divorced probably means we won't see entire subplots revolving around those two arguing anymore, which was the biggest flaw of season 2 IMO.
>>
What would Rick do if Jerry came back with the recipe for Szechuan sauce?
>>
>>91212353
He'd shoot him and take the recipe.
>>
>>91212336
No one forced them to focus on those two. They chose to write about their marital issues.
>>
>>91212312
That is an incredibly vague reasoning, anon. Maybe you just don't like it because it aired on april fools day, and thus overthinking it.
>>
>>91212366
....and your point is?
>>
>>91212032
How long do we have to wait for live action Mulan and a return of the special McDonalds sauce?
>>
>>91212377
>That is an incredibly vague reasoning, anon.
Yeah, it is. I'm not a wordsmith, don't want to write a dissertation on why this episode was objectively bad.
>because it aired on april fools day, and thus overthinking it.
I'm not. Episode was just shit.
>>
>>91212287
so what you're saying is

it's absolutely impossible the szechuan sauce ever stayed

I can believe that when it comes to McDonalds
>>
>>91212410
I think you are objectively bad.
>>
>>91212410
You are literally the only person in this thread that seems to hate the episode. I think that more points to you overthinking it.
>>
>>91212032
where can i watch this, the adult swim site is not loading :/
>>
>>91212464
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5h08qo
>>
File: 1474663880631.png (149KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1474663880631.png
149KB, 431x539px
>>91212486
thank you
>>
>>91212464
Literally anywhere. Just google.
>>
>>91212287
Well, that depends on if these changes can support changes in the laws of physics, or if our understanding of physics is flawed/limited in the first place. If it is, that changes the number of potential scenarios.
>>
>>91212464
You had all of last night to watch it. Multiple times. In a row. Go pirate it or something, it should be easy.
>And I gotta wait an extra week for what I want. Such is life, don't even like Super anyway.
>>
I think it's a lot simpler: mind transferring 3 times that day left him a little out of it and he went on a weird rant after everything calmed down
>>
HEY RICK!

http://www.food.com/recipe/szechuan-sauce-147645

There you go, buddy. If you try it and it still doesn't taste like the real thing, just mix it with animal fat and corn syrup.
>>
jesus christ the sauce was a gag. it will never be mentioned again.
>>
>>91212113

It was inconsistent with every Rick episode that there was involving his family.

We get a bunch of shit about how Rick supposedly cares about his Morty and has sentimental memories and how season 1 ended with this "I love my grandkids" spiel. He didn't even care that much when Jerry put his foot down or ate shit out of his fridge shelf.

You can blame this on Season 2 being bad but it invalidates half the shit in Season 1.
>>
File: STAIRING.png (364KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
STAIRING.png
364KB, 640x480px
Where's my fucking Mulan sauce
>>
>>91212065
this is the dumbest analogy
>>
>>91212225
Welcome to /co/... Remember kiddos, /co/ is hate...
>>
I've always seen it as there being infinite possibilities for universes, but the ones that actually resemble your own to the very present is finite.
>>
>>91212124
>It's a cartoon it doesn't have to make sense
Biggest excuse ever.
It's shit writing no matter what.
>>
>>91212588
Well, he did find one exactly like his except for Rick and Morty being dead.
>>
>>91212564
How is him not caring for Jerry inconsistent with him caring for his grandkids? Even in Season 1, he hated Jerry.
>>
>>91212377

I'm gonna agree with him. Back when I was an edgy teen writing fanfictions the first thing my friends beat out of me was the fact that trying to throw every big concept from the previous story in at once just kind of jumbles them all together.

I mean nothing was really explored in this episode. The council of Ricks showed up, but were super complacent and straightforward and un Ricklike because they needed to move past them, because they needed to also cram in the galactic government. Beth and Jerry show up but Jerry's position on New Earth doesn't get more than two jokes because you have to blow past that to get on to the next thing.

As much as people shit on Raising Gazorpazorp, it at least picked exactly two things and ran with them. You had an A story and a B story and you managed to get enough jokes out of both of them while also fitting in character development.

If you want to throw fast paced shit in, it works better as comedy. The TV specials work as rapid fire because they're jokes that you don't need to dwell on. But this episode isn't really billed as a joke since Rick gets melodramatic and there's just a couple of farts between those moments. But we have to cut to Summer and Morty then again to Beth and Jerry and between like four different locations. So the implication that he's doing this for revenge for his family doesn't even have time to sink in before the council is dead and by the end he's ranting to Morty who has no idea what he's even on about, because there's no time for Morty to even take in what's happening in that subplot.
>>
>>91212630

His "I only needed Summer so Beth would get off my back" bit at the end was what I'm referring to.

We have like four episodes about how Rick is supposed to actually care about Summer, but now his relationship is apparently just a ploy to mill around his daughters garage.
>>
>>91212665
We all know Rick talks shit. All the time.
>>
>i dont like rick and morty
>proceeds to watch every episode as soon as it comes out

Just because the internet allows you to be a complete faggot doesn't mean you have to actually be one.
>>
>>91212665
You still believe everything Rick says? What are you, a chick? Rick's an insecure emotional retard who women have no effect on his life and then tries to kill himself when one breaks up with him.

His character has been doing the same bit for three years.
>>
>>91212665
>I only needed Summer so Beth would get off my back

Wait when did he say this?
>>
this episode was an April Fool's prank you moron, you blew it
>>
>>91212700
>>91212740

Yeah, but usually there's a motivation for Rick. Bean dude fucked with Morty, so he killed bean dude. He needed seeds, so he was willing to kill to get through customs and screw over Morty for them. His rant after that was him being pissed off he lost those seeds. He petered off and it got weird because Rick gets bored easily.

His rant in this episode has no real motivation. He won. He got everything back. Morty has no idea what the fuck he's on about with his wife or nugget sauce. Even under the logic of why Rick does the stupid shit he does it was the most random of rants you could have and then when he peters off it's an assertion that it's his "real" motivation, in a way that doesn't make sense in the way Rick has ever said anything before that point.
>>
>>91212782

During his spiel in the garage.
>>
Ok guys, I don't remember, but anyone actually remember how that Mulan sauce taste?
>>
>>91212802
I've rewatched it like three times, and I didn't hear anything in those words.
>>
>>91212794
>He won. He got everything back.

Not really. He doesn't like Jerry, but he doesn't want Morty or anyone unhappy. He sure as fuck doesn't want anyone to miss Jerry, it's a shitty as fuck situation. Rick would never admit he needs Jerry and that Jerry makes his daughter and grandchildren happy. In a universe with no jerry means a universe with no morty.
>>
>>91212831

It was one of the first things he said dude.
>>
>>91212802
you mean the same spiel about his entire motivation of everything being to get that mulan sauce back? Yea, autismo indeed.
>>
>>91212847
>but he doesn't want Morty or anyone unhappy.

He doesn't really care about that. Morty, well, Rick is Beth's father so what good is being smart if you can't lord it over someone too meek or stupid to ever stop making you feel good about how smart you are:

https://youtu.be/TdnkP5Szixs?t=13
>>
>>91212715

Unfortunately, many people avail themselves of the opportunity.
>>
>>91212862
And again, watched it for a 4th time, and I didn't hear exactly "I only needed Summer so Beth would get off my back"

I did hear "Your Mom wouldn't have accepted me, if I came home without you and your sister", though.
>>
>>91212875

Then why not just let summer die?
>>
>>91212871

Yes. That speech doesn't really come off well in the sense that it doesn't sound like something Rick would say, as in it sounds like something a different writer who wasn't used to writing the character wrote it down as a callback.
>>
I don't get how anyone could take Rick's ending rant too seriously.
>>
>>91212875

When Morty freaked out about the Bean molestor he was clearly concerned.

>>91212887

I got the wording wrong but the implications are the same.
>>
>>91212901
She's aborted in most other dimensions. She's practically a novelty.
>>
>>91212794
I interpreted part of the ending speech as 4th wall breaking bullshit like they like to do sometimes. All that shit about sauce and shit was just Justin Roiland ranting in Rick's voice at the like they do with the whole "Season 1! That's a wrap!" bullshit. Morty and Summer don't know what the fuck he's talking about. It's just a thing they do in the show.

It was the end of the episode, it mirrors the end of the 1st episode where Rick rants to Morty on the ground like that. It's just a joke, relax.
>>
>>91212932

So no real reason, no logic, thus no argument.
>>
>>91212647
>If you want to throw fast paced shit in, it works better as comedy.

I think this was what the episode was aiming for, but at the same time I've gotten the impression Rick and Morty really wants to have its cake and eat it when it comes to having these "dramatic" moments while still keeping the rapid-fire comedy of the first few episodes.

It also doesn't help that airing the same episode several times in a row only highlighted the fact that they'd recycled a lot of jokes/set-ups from previous seasons, between that and how this episode destroyed most of the sources of conflict rapid fire, it doesn't exactly give any reassurance that the rest of season 3 won't just be rehashes of old jokes and plots.
>>
>>91212032
It seemed like a call back to the end of the very first episode.
>>
>>91212911
No, it sounds like a drunk Justin being let at the microphone to fill a little airtime. I doubt it will be really meaningful again, just like the 100 YEARS RICK AND MORTY rant (which this was a callback to).
>>
>>91212113
Jack fag detected
>>
>>91212952
>how this episode destroyed most of the sources of conflict rapid fire

It only killed council of ricks. Jerry isn't dead so he could be involved in future plots and the stinger showed the galactic federation isn't completely done for yet.
>>
>>91212952
I got the opposite impression. I assume they were wrapping up all the bullshit from Season 2 so they could start with a blank slate, and get back to more Season 1 style random adventures. This is a good thing imo.
>>
>>91212963

Again, the difference is 100 YEARS RICK AND MORTY was a character establishing moment. Rick has a moment where he acts like he cares, then he pulls back and acts like an asshole, then he peters out because he does that. Which is a pattern the series is built on.

93 YEARS RICK AND MORTY is the opposite. Rick acts like he got off a master Keikaku, then goes on an angry rant, then says he doesn't care about stuff because he has a real motivation.
>>
>>91212919
Its the kind of people who hate the Simpsons Season 6 episode "Fear of Flying" because it contradicts a season 3 episode in which Marge flew in a plane without trouble.
>>
>>91212960

Yes it certainly was.
>>
>>91212980

The Federation was destroyed. They have no army and no government dude.
>>
>Morty... Morty listen to me! There's -urp- only one way we can get Mulan nugget sauce in this day and age! It's going to -urp- sound crazy, but you have. To. Trust me. Morty, you gotta lick my balls Morty
>>
>>91213008
Phoenix Person and Tammy are around. They were shown after the government collapsed.
>>
>>91213000

The difference is as that other anon said, this show wants to have it's cake and eat it too. The Simpsons is an episodic sitcom where continuity is fast and loose and outside of like one thing every half a dozen seasons there's nothing to keep track of outside that episode. Rick and Morty keeps trying to build up an arc and develop characters, so the idea that characters are consistent doesn't fly, because then the draw of the show kind of goes away.
>>
>>91213008
I was thinking along the lines of Tammyand the newly-created Phoenix Person representing the Fed Forces in the future since having a galactic federation actively gunning for the main characters really hinders plots.
>>
>>91213024

That's a cop out and you know it. The whole cliffhanger of the last season got wrapped up in a bow and Tammy coming back is like saying Eyepatch Morty would represent the council.
>>
>>91213000

Or how is marge 38 and bart 10 if marge got pregnant right of high school?

It's like....its not real
>>
>>91212997
>then says he doesn't care about stuff because he has a real motivation.

Keep in mind that "real motivation" is a McNugget sauce. It seemed obvious to me that the rant was meant to be tongue in cheek, poking fun at themselves for letting things get too dark (THIS IS GONNA BE THE DARKEST YEAR OF ADVENTURES YET seems too direct to he serious) but fair point on the 100 years rant being a character defining moment - this one could ostensibly be the same. Still, the rant struck me as improvised rather than written, and the episode was solid overall. I'm looking forward to the new season.
>>
>>91213035
Most implications of an arc in Rick and Morty tend to just be one off gags that people look too deep into.
>>
I missed it, gimme a link.
>>
>>91213085
https://vid.me/JBhQ
>>
torrent where?
>>
>>91213070

Even so you have recurring characters and their gags are based on characters rather than situational comedy, or one plays off the other. You change the character it calls the show into question.
>>
>>91213056
Cept' Birdperson is a fan favorite/Dan Harmon's (basically) one fuckin character.

But yes, I agree. It's possible that it was just a fun tease. I don't think that they represent a huge galactic empire problem, I just mean that they work as "villains" for whatever end-of-season-3-big-finale bullshit they wanna do, and because of what I said earlier, I think they'll actually do that.
>>
>>91213056
but tammy was never shown killed, so it's not like they didn't leave certain things open for future utilization
>>
I just watched the episode, and the ending really left a bad taste in my mouth. I just felt that last scene was one step too far, really too meanspirited, and I never had that problem with this show before.
>>
>>91212032

fuck. the try-hards are going to be doing some cringe shit about this mulan sauce
>>
>>91213118
I feel the need to point out that she's literally in the episode after the credits.
>>
>>91212980
They also have pretty much scrapped the Cronenberg universe and the latent guilt Morty had over it since it turns out his family became crazy and feral anyways. And the main conflict with Jerry had stemmed less from him being alive but being part of the household putting Rick's living situation with the Smiths and how much time Morty gets to spend with Rick at risk. Having Jerry being pushed out the family means that's no longer an issue - so we'll probably be left with the same "Beth and Jerry are fighting" back-and-forth bullshit we've always had but without it having any potential effects on Rick.

And even with Tammy/Pheonix Person the federation has been completely neutered with very little chance of recovering outside of a universal reset, so at best Tammy's been relegated to minor reoccurring villain.
>>
Summer is kinda hot
>>
>>91213165

Oh you know it. It wasn't THAT good. It still exists too.
>>
>>91212275
it's amazing how little traction this idea is getting. it was aired as a giant loop, and WORKS as a giant infinite loop (end of episode leading into the beginning fairly smoothly, only hiccup being the 'wish we could have been there' when they WERE there for most of it). it is absolutely more believable as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for Rick than something that could have actually occurred.
>>
>>91213085
How did you miss 4 hours of shit?
>>
>>91213179
It's the voice.
>>
>>91213175
They haven't scrapped his latent guilt over it at all

If anything it's been reinforced
>>
>>91212157
There's no universe with Mulan sauce and a rock in it.
>>
what part of the episode was true and what part was a joke?
or was it all a joke? or maybe the joke is that it want's a joke? who knows, only time will tell
>>
>>91213179

its that hair and voice.

also hunger games summer also got my dick hard
>>
>>91212984
>I assume they were wrapping up all the bullshit from Season 2 so they could start with a blank slate, and get back to more Season 1 style random adventures.

Well, I admire your optimism anon. But as I said considering how much old ground they retreaded for this premiere it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that returning to the Season 1 style won't mean just recycled Season 1 plots and jokes with a new coat of paint.
>>
>>91212578

No it isn't. It drives home the point that infinite possibilities doesn't equate to every possible possibility.
>>
>>91212032
Why doesn't Rick just go to a universe where Mulan aired in 2017?
Why didn't Rick just science up something that can extract a taste from a memory?
>>
>>91213262
>people go out on saturday nights

oh /co/ never change
>>
>>91213394
maybe he likes to suffer, don't judge the man
>>
>>91213394
By 2017 Disney and McDonalds have severed ties. It aint that straightforward
>>
>>91212254
>Was your opinion wrong or was it my opinion?

lol
>>
>>91212032
dude's a manic depressive
he took the deal fallout Rick offered him
>>
>>91212549
I'm sure McDonald's put something else or changed something, I remember it tasting different than the average one on Chinese restaurants.
>>
>>91212032
Travel to an alternate universe where the nugget sauce wasn't discontinued.
>>
>>91212425
Think of it like this. No matter the reality. Disney are such jews that they would stop the sauce from being produced no matter what
>>
>Rick will continue to fuck up everything for his own benefit.
>Summer and Beth will continue to love him regardless of how horrible he is to them.
>Morty will probably get killed sometime this season and get replaced with a new Morty just so Rick can keep doing horrible things.
>Rick will never have to face consequences for his actions.
>He more than likely killed his wife and Beth himself but hasn't reached that point yet.

I'm passing on this season, shit was way too depressing and hateful.
>>
>>91213478
Why not just go the person that made it ask him the recipe? Maybe buy it with a shitload of cash
>>
>>91213091
Thanks anon!
>>
>>91213394
Maybe he was actually remembering his wife and Beth right, maybe he just blocked the memory and just kind of remembered in a way that will not cause harm to him, heck, maybe he enjoyed a good meal with his family at macdonalds after watching Mulan, but he blocked all of that, and focused on the sauce instead, on his eyes, the last time he was really happy was because of that sauce, at least that looks like.
>>
>>91212464
> :/
You have to go back.
>>
so
are we considering the episode canon, and not an april fools joke?
>>
Wait, so, when does that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xREfdihtY
Happens?
>>
>>91213058
>Or how is marge 38 and bart 10 if marge got pregnant right of high school?
She didn't? Homer and Marge frequented each other for a while before making Bart.
>>
>>91212919
Because it's kinda meant to.
>>
>>91213814
A silly rant about sauce where he's drooling all over is meant to be taken seriously? What?
>>
>>91213875
>A silly rant about sauce
>>91213875
No, I mean, the part where he never cared about his family and did everything he did (including surrendering himself) just to come back at the Galactic Federation, Jerry and accessory, the council of Rick.

That he does everything for the sauce specifically isn't really meant to be taken seriously, as he mostly says it to rub it in Morty's face, but that he cares less about his family than some movie promo sauce (whther or not that sauce is his real motivation) IS to be taken seriously.
>>
File: morter and morbel.png (23KB, 73x132px) Image search: [Google]
morter and morbel.png
23KB, 73x132px
Motherfucker!!
>>
>implying this entire episode won't be played off as the prank and all just inside Ricks mind when the actual season 3.1 airs

Harmons playing the long game
>>
>>91212032
Jerry is my favorite character why are they getting rid of him
>>
>>91213940
I think it's not completely it see >>91213742
I think the Rick we see isn't the complete Rick because he couldn't download his full mind. The missing part, seen in that video, is trying to rejoin Rick before he turns a complete psycho.
>>
>>91213497
>Killing the original Morty
Fuck no that's a bad idea. Original Morty is the only smart Morty besides the evil one who is still lurking in the shadows.

Did you see the Lawyer Morty? He's a fucking retard, the main Morty is the only one with an awareness.
>>
File: 1490633561583.png (43KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
1490633561583.png
43KB, 459x459px
>>91212113
Gotta get back
>>
>>91213576
or maybe the entire thing with the sauce was to trick the bug agent into allowing him a degree of access to his brain/mind, in order to pass the novel sensory information. or that novel sensory information, that the alien bug could never have experienced, became a beacon for Rick to focus on in taking over his brain.
>>
>>91213895
>but that he cares less about his family than some movie promo sauce (whther or not that sauce is his real motivation) IS to be taken seriously.

Except its not.
>>
>>91213497
>he killed his wife and Beth.
I can actually see it happening, by accident, that would explain why he didn't gave a shit when he fucked his "own" earth on S1, we don't even know how many times he had done that.
>>
I am really dissapointed they ditched the "Galactic Government rules over Earth", I thought it would've been a good way to shake things up Earth related plots.
>>
>>91214084
Sure it is. It mirrored season one. That Rick doesn't give a fuck is one of the primary components for the show. Then they give him a bored nihilistic exterior rather than the absurdist seen in 101 and 301 with narrative hints of sympathy and caring (like delivering baby morty)
He's a three layer doll that can break the third wall. His core is absurdity and 3rd wall, his DEEPEST LORE hook is caring secretly and his 'character' is depressed nihilist.
>>
>>91214130
So where does "taking a silly scene seriously" take into place?
>>
>>91212032
Sichuan means "four rivers"
That's where Mulan sauce comes from.
Could "four rivers" mean something?
Could the sauce just be some kind of cryptic message or just a symbolism of his true journey?
>>
Can we have a real talk for a second? What id the "origin story" is real, but Rick is not the "happy" rick, but instead is the rick that came from the portal and messed up everything.
>>
>>91214084
>Except its not.
You are talking about
>whther or not that sauce is his real motivation
right?
>>
>>91212113
This, it stole heavily from another episode and then just did a bunch of shit and ended.

Watching it over and over made it worse.
>>
Was the sauce really that good?
>>
>>91213198
>>91212275
Would salvage the episode in my eyes. Rick suddenly becoming this mind-jumping murder hobo seems like something I'd see in a newgrounds parody of the show.
>>
>>91212065
>There are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 but 3 isnt one of them.
1.3 oh look there it is
>>
Mega where?
>>
>>91212312
Honestly this. I didn't find myself laughing or even smiling at any of the jokes or situations presented. I didn't even have much of an expectation. It just felt like it lost its charm. I wish I could articulate it better but It just wasn't that enjoyable.
>>
>>91214832
1.3 is not 3
>>
>>91214171
I'm talking about a rant that was purely there as a comedic callback
>>
>>91212041
Szechuan sauce isn't a secret, most Chinese restaurants have it. Hell, my University cafeteria serves it.
>>
>>91215117
The rant still carried the point that Rick considered his family almost worthless. And I this was meant to be taken seriously.
>>
>>91212095
Are you sure? There was a lot of pseudo intellectual emotional melancholy bullshit going on in this episode.
>>
>>91215414
He means McDonald's brand sauce. McDonald's always pulls that shit. They have something that tastes great for a limited time and then pull it
>>
>>91212032
The Mulan remake comes out next year, they just need to wait a few months and convince the disney/mcdonalds CEO's to roll with it
>>
>>91215453
>And I this was meant to be taken seriously.

The very fact that its part of a pointless nonsensical rant means It very fucking wasn't.
>>
>>91212228
Woah there anon
Lets not say anything brash on this anonymous imageboard
>>
>>91213451
>>is an oppinion subjective or objective?
>LOL
>>
>>91213576
This and >>91214068 this,
'I used to wear blue pants' seems a bit specific of a detail to be fabricated, it would also explain why he hates the council of ricks so much as he was punished in the worst way for not being a part of it, i think it really happened but maybe slightly differently (maybe beth's mother was killed through a defective experiment instead? That would also explain why he hates the ricks)
>>
>>91215041
Your loss
>>
>>91215990
Except it wans't non-sensical.
>>
File: 1488755340822.png (163KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1488755340822.png
163KB, 499x499px
>MFW people are actually trying to get them to bring it back for the live action Mulan
>>
>>91216271
>ranting about mcdonald's mulan sauce
>not nonsensical
>>
The one thing I hated the most, and the reason I fully support this as Reddit and Morty, is the pseudo-intellectual bullshit at the very end with setting the dollar to zero. Way to establish your zero fucking knowledge in basic economics. The moment I saw that I was expecting it to be set at one million, or some absurd hyper inflation where the dollar is useless, setting it to zero is just fucking stupid. It's not even a punchline, the joke is bureaucrats are fucking idiots, wow, real original guys did you dig up George Carlin and Charles Bukowski's corpses and fuck their rancid assholes until they coughed up that nirvana of a god damn 10 cent punchline.

Also, the absolute destruction of both the Galatic Government and Council of Ricks makes all that development in S2 completely pointless. Like, thanks writers for making S2 awful with development just to make it bland and terrible. I really hope what >>91212275 said is true because that would restore what little faith I have in the show that continues to do nothing but swirl down the drain.
>>
>>91216565
>>ranting about mcdonald's mulan sauce
I said the mulan sauce was non-sesical. The rest of the rant about how he doesn't car about his family wasn't.
>>
File: thats_the_joke.jpg (30KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
thats_the_joke.jpg
30KB, 452x339px
>>91216571
>is the pseudo-intellectual bullshit at the very end with setting the dollar to zero. Way to establish your zero fucking knowledge in basic economics
It wasn't made to be taken seriously, you know.
>>
>>91216571
What makes me most mad is that all 'development' of Rick's character is just gone. Especially the really good S1 stuff like the Evil Morty episode where Rick starts becoming sentimental over the possibility of losing Morty, or, A Rickle in Time, why would Rick even consider saving Morty when he pulls off something like this? Or the 'emotional,' ending of last season's finale. It's not emotional at all, Rick's just biding time, might as well take out Hurt and replace it with silence because that's all it means. Absolute nothing.
>>
>>91216571
>Like, thanks writers for making S2 awful with development
development in S2 were good, though.
>>
>>91216643
The rant is one whole package, anon. Its either fully nonsensical, or fully serious. It can't be both like you're implying.
>>
>>91212193
>witty and subversive
T. Retardo Barbosa

Lmao butts farting. Truly the ambrosia of the thinking man. Ahaha, Mr. Poopy Butthole, my mind can barely comprehend, this is surely the epitome of wit.

I mean I actually liked the episode but sweet Jesus you sound stupid.
>>
>>91216669
Then don't make things serious. You either raise stakes or you keep things loose and fun. What was the point of grounding season 2 if you're going to throw up your hands and go, 'Everyone was right! Season 1 was better let's just do that!' removing basically all established anything in the span of five minutes is the single most retarded things I have ever seen and is the result of a bizarre combination of laziness and incompetence to carry through with what was originally planned.

>>91216695
It's not good when they scrap it all because 'lol Rick is evil!' If it the end rant just becomes the way Rick copes with losing Jerry, I'll be fine with it, I still won't like this episode but I won't hate it either. But taking the full extent of what Rick said into context all his motivation over the past season is moot. All the emotion you feel for him, it was pointless. He was always evil and he's just an old super genius Deadpool.
>>
File: IMG_4997.png (59KB, 228x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4997.png
59KB, 228x184px
>we could of had a Back to the Future Parody.
>instead Reddit and millenials came and ruined it
>They don't even care for Doc and Marty
>Now I cat mention my autistic love of cartoons without someone getting pissy at the fact I dislike Reddit and Mourning.
>>
>>91216571
This is by far the worst take I've read on the new episode.

The currency thing is a fucking JOKE. Summer and Morty both propose some clever and complicated sci-fi solutions to a big problem, and then Rick goes and does something stupid and simple and it works immediately. The joke is the absurdity of the solution, not an anti-government rant.

>makes all that development in S2 completely pointless
No. R&M is (and should remain) episodic and humor-centered, it's a good thing that they got rid of some over-arching plots as fast as possible so that they can continue with their normal adventures. Plotfags pls go.
>>
>>91216808
>Then don't make things serious.

They didn't. You're just taking it too seriously.
>>
>>91216781
>Lmao butts farting.
But that is the punchline you idiot. Not that butts are funny, but that Rick finds them funny. It is precisely poking fun at toilet humor. Same goes for Poopy Butthole, the entire point of his character was being silly and unbeliable.

I wouldn't call this the epitome of wit but it's definetly more clever than the average show. The execution of those jokes matter a lot and they do it properly.
>>
>>91216808
> is the result of a bizarre combination of laziness and incompetence to carry through with what was originally planned.
It has been known for fucking months that this was going to happen, the writers said long ago they were going to wrap things up quickly and the go back to one-shot adventures. You are the only one who seems to have missed the memo and whines about the plot which 99% of the time has only been useful to set up jokes.
>>
>>91216965
>Deep butt jokes
>Dude the smartest guy in the universe is amused by butts, how ironic amirite?

yeah it's not that funny
>>
>>91216808
>Then don't make things serious. You either raise stakes or you keep things loose and fun.
Both can be made at the same time. Not getting jokes at this point is really your fault.
>But taking the full extent of what Rick said into context all his motivation over the past season is moot. All the emotion you feel for him, it was pointless. He was always evil and he's just an old super genius Deadpool.
i kinda agree with you on that, but I have the feeling we haven't seen all of it.
>>
>>91216735
>Its either fully nonsensical, or fully serious.
Wrong.
>It can't be both like you're implying.
Yes it can, especially for comedy like this.
>>
>>91216965
I'm not saying butts and poop jokes can't be clever, just that it wasn't here. There was far more wit in Drawn Together than there ever was in Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty also does the Family Guy shit where it tries to bounce between 4th wall breaking/comedic moments and drama and expects you to "feel" the drama when the former renders it obselete.

In terms of wit Rick and Morty is pretty average, definitely not on Futurama's level
>>
>>91217048
Dude, I'm talking about a particular scene, not the whole show. So fucking what that he says "i only saved you so beth isn't angry blah blah". That doesnt make the rant serious.
>>
>>91217070
I agree that the switch between 4th wall jokes and drama is sometimes jarring, but this is a completely different issue. I'm just saying that reducing Poopy Butthole and the butts in S03E01 to basic toilet humor is dishonest, you have to ignore the context, the set up and the actual punchline to make it seem that way.

>>91217017
>the smartest guy in the universe is amused by butts
Amused by butts in a life-or-death situation in which he is using a lot of brainpower to summon them, surprising his captors who are not sure how to react. Again, not saying this is the smartest show or whatever, but it is more than you guys give it credit for.
>>
>>91216833
>>91216837
>>91217014
>>91217025
No that's called being lazy. What was the entire point of the Hurt montage at the very end of the last season episode if it led into nothing, which I recall complaining about but being reassured, 'No it'll have a payoff, It's Rick's character arc being fulfilled.'

Season 1 was my favorite season becuase it was nothing but one-offs, if Season 3 began with the diner scene then diverged into a one-off, I would not care at all. I might be miffed, but abandoning the plot would be a god send at this point.

My point is, RM can't have their cake and eat it too. They have to choose which route they want to take, and they, unfortunately, got themselves stuck in a balancing act at the end of last season. But right now there's a serious problem when it comes right down to the comedy. The straight man is gone. Most of the S1 jokes were great because of Jerry, his perspective on a situation makes a punchline stick.

And why is Jerry gone? Plot. He made Rick angry. And I'll be damned if this doesn't get any more attention over the run. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 3 part episode at the very end. The days that I liked the show are gone, and it's pretty clear they'll be doing more and more plot-centric shit from here on.

The excuses that 'oh it's not serious,' then why is it directly affecting the canon of the show constantly? The writers either have to stick to one-shots, or stick to canon and meta, they can't have both.
>>
>>91217200
>I agree that the switch between 4th wall jokes and drama is sometimes jarring, but this is a completely different issue. I'm just saying that reducing Poopy Butthole and the butts in S03E01 to basic toilet humor is dishonest, you have to ignore the context, the set up and the actual punchline to make it seem that way.
I still don't see where it is? Tell me why calling him Mr. Poopy Butthole and giving him a silly voice makes the joke wittier? Is it "ironically" immature? Because that's literally "Just pretending to be retarded" tier of humour.
>>
File: 1489294196566.png (98KB, 530x542px) Image search: [Google]
1489294196566.png
98KB, 530x542px
>>91212113
Being butthurt is no excuse for lies
>>
Imagine completely writing off a show because an internet community that you don't like enjoys it.

This really is 4chumblr.
>>
>>91216571
$ = 0$ => $ = 0

$ = 1,000,000$ => $ = 0

When you set some value to be any multiple of itself you'll end up with zero. Where's the fucking difference? Zero fucking knowledge in basic middle-school algebra.
>>
>>91217128
>Dude, I'm talking about a particular scene
A scene can be serious (and canon) AND funny at the same time.
>So fucking what that he says "i only saved you so beth isn't angry blah blah". That doesnt make the rant serious.
That part is serious.
>>
>>91217220
>No that's called being lazy. What was the entire point of the Hurt montage at the very end of the last season episode if it led into nothing
Like I said, I don't think it's over yet. and there is nothing lazy about anything, there.
>So fucking what that he says "i only saved you so beth isn't angry blah blah". That doesnt make the rant serious.
We don't know yet how the separation will play out.
>>
>>91217220
It's not being abandoned. He's still in the machine from the begining of the episode. The one we're assuming they put him in at the end of s2.
>>
>>91217220
Your entire rant hinges on Jerry being gone

He might be divorced for one or more episodes, but I'm sure he will have a side-story in the next episode. In any case we don't know that, but there is no reason to believe one-off episodes are gone.
>>
>>91217323
Imagine being so retarded you don't know what hyper inflation is.
>>
>>91217220
>The excuses that 'oh it's not serious,
I said the rant was serious, but the Mulan sauce in it wasn't.

The Galactic federation melting down over equaling 1 with Zero also wasn't serious and was a joke.
>why is it directly affecting the canon of the show constantly?
Joke affecting canon has always been part of the show.

>The writers either have to stick to one-shots, or stick to canon and meta, they can't have both.
Sticking to canon and meta doesn't mean you can't make silly joke about crumbling down the economy. If you took that part seriously, you have only yourself to blame.
>>
File: Evil_Morty_Close-Up.png (91KB, 250x327px) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Morty_Close-Up.png
91KB, 250x327px
What if Evil Morty is actually inside Rick's brain during the brief period where we don't see Rick for a few seconds, and wants to ruin Morty's entire appreciation/love for Rick?
>>
>>91217364

Next episode had Morty feeling uncomfortable and not trusting Rick

2nd episode has Jerry actually going out to kill Rick and he does

3rd episode it's all farce and somehow it means Jerry really loves his family.
>>
>>91217220
>No that's called being lazy.

No, thats called you being a dense motherfucker who can't seem to grasp the fact that you're an overthinking dumbass. Its not the shows fault for you being oblivious that its a comedy first and foremost.

Having a few things carry over through continuity is not the same thing as having an overarching story. Pretty much every episode so far can be enjoyed as a standalone thing. The only exception is the new one, and thats because its literally part 2 of a 2 parter.

Beth and Jerry going through a divorce doesn't necessarily mean Jerry is gone for good, either.
>>
Why is nobody talking about the fact that THE Rick never had a Morty, because his true daughter died as a child? Technically, he never had a Jerry either.
>>
>>91217480
>because his true daughter died as a child?
Because it wasn't a real memory.
>>
>>91217251
>Tell me why calling him Mr. Poopy Butthole and giving him a silly voice makes the joke wittier?
This is so fucking obvious I feel dumber just for answering that. The entire point of the episode is that a cast of stupid and silly characters are introduced to kill the family, but only the audience can differentiate them from the actual cast. Poopy Butthole comes as a surprise because he looks fucking stupid and anyone would suspect him of being a memory-warping alien, but he turns out to be real. That is the fucking joke, and why him having a silly name makes it more clever.
>>
>>91217480
It's fake. It's a fake story. It's a fake made up story that he made up.
>>
>>91217491
>>91217500
>actually believing Rick just because he says this

lol
>>
>>91217326
>A scene can be serious (and canon) AND funny at the same time.
Again, I'm talking about a particular scene, not ANY scene.
>That part is serious.
Except there is 100% no reason for it to be. Its a throwaway line at best.
>>
>>91213380
lmao you're on four cheen my neeguh everybody knows were neets without GEDs

you think we can grok symbolic reasoning
>>
>>91217509
When you're asking why a fake story doesn't match up with the established facts of the show, it's probably because the STORY is FAKE
>>
>>91212065
Are you kidding me? What kind of broken logic is that?

>>91212113
This, I got two le downboats for posting an in depth explanation why I didn't like it which I'll copy and paste here after this and on Facebook a bunch of normie ass bitches called me a hater but then again I shouldn't have gone out of my way to post "it was so bad" on some random chicks status

Honestly, didn't care for the episode. Makes me think this was the solution they had when a theory video on YouTube figured out the ending and they said they had to scrap everything.

It's not that I don't expect a mindfuck from this show, cause I do, but first of all, the pacing was godawful. It felt like they crammed too much in without consideration for having it flow. Second of all, the way they resolved both looming threats was clever, but anticlimactic. Third of all, i feel like any bonding Rick and morty C-137 did over season 2 was just utterly shat on. Fourth, I feel like rick's motivation was completely out of nowhere, like, I get that rule of funny is a thing in this show, but Rick seriously fought the galactic government and council just to get one over on jerry for trying to turn him in?

and don't even get me started on this stupid sauce bullshit, irreverence is one thing but are they seriously going to treat this like a major feature of the show
>>
>>91217552
I feel like there was another time where there was a fake story but it was kinda real.
>>
>>91217509
Actually, The alien also said it's not possible to modify real memory.
>>
>>91212138
>>91212135
>>91212125
Are you kidding? Since when don't people like season 2? It actually had plot

This was just them destroying everything they had to work with for the sake of nothing but reminding me that this is a fucking cartoon

Cartoons are at their best when they're immersive and I can really FEEL the stakes the characters feel. With this episode they reminded me that their priorities lie in the "lol so random what a mindfuck lol!" territory and I like the show substantially less for that
>>
>>91217588
>What kind of broken logic is that?
Inifite universes doesn't mean that all possible scenarios exist. Anon was making the analogy that having infinite numbers doesn't mean you have all of them.
>>
>>91214084
he just swapped bodies several times so
>>91213576
>>91214068
>>91216181
combined with the above I think we're closing in on what the series is getting at

they're really honing in on the absurd here

maybe he had to use the Szeschuan sauce as a key to break out, but just like he forgot to improvise and whatnot when he took over mohawkRick, he's permanently damaged one of his most important memories

because he has allowed the ultimate disrespect into the core of his being. because he is the Rickest Rick, the one who won't even tolerate his own bullshit. this show is fucking stupid; gonna keep watching. the Mortiest Morty has to be the Biggest Bitch of them all, right?
>>
>>91217435
When could this have happened? When he went to go take a shit? Or sometime after, the shootout between Rick and the Rick who had Summer, because I don't think he was shown anytime else.
>>
>>91212275
That would have to mean that Rick is wrong though and since he's a Mary Sue who knows the solution to everything it would never happen. Even his troubled past and emotional issues are of little importance because they've established with this episode they don't really care about character arcs or development
>>
>>91217552
Established facts? Rick mentuions that "we only get two or three moer of these" when he tells morty about bailing on his homeworld for a new one. From there you can infer he's done this before and that that family is probably not even his.
>>
What was the plot of season 2. No seriously, I'm not seeing it.
>>
My question is how did Summer and Morty happen to get the portal gun to get them to croenburg world?
>>
>>91212112
So what year is Rick & Morty supposed to be in? The present, right? Because Beth looks under 10 in 98.
>>
>>91217754
It was probably already set to that.
>>
>>91217220
Dude are you kidding? They abandoned every plot element in the span of an episode, unless it's an April fools joke

I don't think every show needs an arc or deepest lore (although I prefer it far more) but this show benefits from it rather than just being le kooky back to le future randomness XD

>>91216571
This, except for season 2 being "bad", I've never heard that said until today desu
>>91216833
No it shouldn't. In fact I argue that all shows should strive for continuity and plot even if it's in the background and only slight. I love gumball but I find myself only watching it sometimes because lack of plot makes it feel like a colorful waste of time instead of something more meaningful

>>91217323
>Being this retarded
Both are useless but they're not the same damn thing
>>
>>91212032
>will Dan break his only rule of the show and actually make Rick and Morty do time travel?

they time travel to the future and back literally every episode.
>>
>>91217635
Infinite numbers means there IS all of them and that the number is inconceivably huge. I'm sure the guy could find some goddamn sauce
>>
>>91217829
>Both are useless
Ergo, the same goal is achieved no matter which way.
>>
>>91217435
What if evil Morty is actually a Rick inside a Morty's body?
>>
>>91217588
You issue with the anticlimax lies with your first complaint, the pacing.

However he's still probably in the virtual world, so he may wind up doing this all again.

Rick's motivation was funny, but that was probably just him being a dick and being only somewhat serious. We know better than to take Rick at face value. Sure he wanted to be head of the household, and get rid of Jerry, but that wasn't factored in from the begining.

The sauce thing was just a funny side thing that's going to get meme'd to death though.
>>
>>91213967
Actually it's just regular Rick, but as a pickle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHRpxxTn6A
>>
File: 1490742883469.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490742883469.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>91212032
I thought the comedic timing this episode was off.
Like, Rick should have just explained the taking over the family thing and gone inside so we could just see Morty processing it trying to figure out if it was a joke or not.
>>
>>91217876
Doesn't make them the same though.

>>91217890
Idk it feels like they scrapped the episode where we saw Rick build himself a body out of a rat or whatever for this garbage. The only way this could be acceptable to me would be if it was all him in the federation prison simulation thing

I couldn't even follow what the fuck was going on and I watched it twice. The pacing was like some bad kids show (hence why I mentioned magiswords) and the worst thing to me is people who mindlessly eat this shit up and shit on season 2, samurai jack (haven't been on /co/ in a while but I guess it only took two episodes for them to hate that?), and defend this garbage of "LOL ITS RANDOM THO, AND IT MAKES ME FEEL SMART SO ITS GOOD RIGHT"
>>
>>91217885
why the fuck are people bringing up evil morty? was he even in the episode? Did I somehow miss this?
>>
>>91217950
>Doesn't make them the same though.
Thats besides the point.
>>
>>91217588

you are expecting too much plot from a comedy show
>>
File: 1375055905087.jpg (31KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1375055905087.jpg
31KB, 394x394px
What are the chances this whole episide is non canon and was the joke itself?
>>
>>91217950
To be fair, at least half of those anons are autistic trolls who can't differentiate between valid complaints and autistic screeching.
>>
>>91217950
>it feels like they scrapped the episode where we saw Rick build himself a body out of a rat

I'm fairly sure that was said to be an episode from the middle of the season back when that preview was shown.

Also >>91217896
>>
>>91217962
I just thought since everyone was brain swapping, and I didn't like how bad Rick got at the end of the episode, I was looking for another explanation. Especially since we see Pickle rick happens in the next episode and isn't escaping space jail apparently.
>>
>>91217991
It's probably a repeat of the episode where the brain aliens tried to get that dark matter formula or whatever out of Rick. That's what the 9000 series quip was about.
>>
>>91213024
>Not being stoked about the name "Phoenix Person"
Tammy really is the worst, isn't she?
>>
>>91218002
>who can't differentiate between valid complaints and autistic screeching.

The only people in this thread that are like this, are the ones who are complaining about the episode.
>>
>>91217851
I don't mean to be rude, and I'm not that anon, but you actually need to take calculus. it's fucking lit. it is not actually lit

all real numbers > the real numbers between 1 and 3

and some functions express themselves very specifically at certain values. which you know could be inside or outside of the domain between one and three

in practice, yes, the man should be able to find his mcnugget sauce. I think Rick had a psychotic break as a result of SQL injecting his consciousness through alien technology. how many worlds could really exist without Mulan? civilizations would collapse without the cultural touchstone that is Eddie Murphy as a squirrel dragon.
>>
So apparently I got banned from the rick and morty Reddit lmao

Now it's that one and the Pokémon one because some retards can't handle mild criticism. Holy shit reddit is pathetic. I keep getting "there's been an error, your comment can't be posted"

The pacing was garbage and reminiscent of some crap show like mr pickles or mighty magiswords. They probably scrapped whatever they had when the YouTube theory guy figured out the plot.

Trashing all plot lines, development, and character consistency for the sake of "lol but rule of funny right it's le edgy spacetime randomness XD" is lazy, uninspired, and hack writing.

The only way they could redeem the show at this point would be if Rick is still in the hologram in episode 2, or if this entire episode was an April fools joke.
>>
>>91212336
>Hell, the fact that Beth and Jerry are getting divorced probably means we won't see entire subplots revolving around those two arguing anymore

Man, are you ever going to enjoy the multiple episodes worth of them in court getting divorced.
>>
File: 1490765391156.png (133KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1490765391156.png
133KB, 500x522px
>>91218123
4/10 You're sucking too much of the show's dick.
>>
>>91218129
Of course all the numbers are more than a fraction of 1.1, 1.2...1.99999999 in between two given numbers, what does that prove in terms of your argument? Or did you just want to show off that you know that?
>>
>>91217588
>>91217588
>Are you kidding me? What kind of broken logic is that?
That's fucking math, buddy. Shit gets weird when you're dealing with infinities.
>>
>>91218144
Anon, nobody on /co/ cares that you were banned from reddit.
Stop talking about reddit on /co/.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>91218192
You salty or what, you little bitch? You sound like a regular over there trying to secretly "Shh!" me so we don't badmouth your pussy ass website
>>
>>91218144

you sound like such a fag lmao

although if you're unironically watching youtube theories for a cartoon I'm not surprised
>>
>>91218144
>The pacing was garbage and reminiscent of some crap show like mr pickles or mighty magiswords.
I liked the pacing
> They probably scrapped whatever they had when the YouTube theory guy figured out the plot.
Nonon, sorry, you are on the stupid side everytim you assume a writer change its plot when the fanbse "figure it out". It almost never happens. When a writer think he has a good plot, they don't deviate from it even when the fanbase guess it.

>Trashing all plot lines, development, and character consistency for the sake of "lol but rule of funny right it's le edgy spacetime randomness XD" is lazy, uninspired, and hack writing.
I honestly think we haven't seen the full of it yet, but I do agree that for now, episode 1 ended on a downgrade on Rick's development.

>
The only way they could redeem the show at this point would be if Rick is still in the hologram in episode 2,
I am personally going with the idea the mind transfer wasn't perfect.
>>
>>91218180
Can't wait to have it end with them reconciling again.
This was all still in the brain analyzer and the McNugget rant was to throw the Bug people off
>>
More than likely we'll be getting a Mulan live action movie in the next 10 year. They'll bring the sauce back since now the curiosity/demand is there.
>>
So was the entire thing about Rick going to prison just so that he could fuck over Jerry?
No "fuck, I really fucked this family up, they'll do better without me", just "fucking jerry he'll pay for even SUGGESTING of ratting me out"?
>>
>>91218231
Lmao you mad? Defending this shitshow of an episode?
>>
>>91218255

I'm not defending anything, you just sound like a fag getting this angry people enjoyed something you didn't lol
>>
>>91218253
I know, it's so fucking bad, reminds me that this show is written by literal manchildren
>>
>>91218224
>guys I post on reddit so much I got banned
>but YOU GUYS are the redditors!
>>
>>91218290
How's that any different from this entire board? No, you're just picking me out specifically because you liked this episode lol. I'm not angry also, I think your reading comprehension sucks, why don't you quote what I said that you think is me being mad?
>>
>>91213497

I can't see them killing Morty. He's the main character. Rick is just more of a plot device. He gets the ball rolling but both seasons thus far have been about him growing and reacting to the situations Rick puts him in. To set that development back to zero would throw the whole show out of wack.
>>
>>91218231
this desu. i don't usually come to /co/ but I came to find out what happened to samurai jack

holy fuck there's a lot of fags on here. the level of autism is out of control
>>
>>91218292
Post on Reddit so much=going on the rick and morty board with a throwaway account to complain about it and immediately getting banned?

Sure
>>
>>91218181
You're totally not the one guy complaining about the episode. No siree bob.
>>
>>91218341
>you guys are totally the reddit regulars
>all I do is go on reddit and make accounts and post there

You can't make this up.
>>
>>91212032
>How else could they get the Mulan nugget sauce?
Wait for it's return when the live-action movie comes out. Though people might have to force it, and they'll have to call it something else.
>>
>>91218310

>I'm not angry

you're butthurt as fuck buddy. you're citing youtube theories unironically, something most /co/ posters aren't autistic enough to do. You're unironically posting on Facebook and Reddit and complaining about it here. Fuck off you fucking autistic normie.
>>
>>91213497
Seriously the whole sequence with the divorce was just too much, I don't mind the plot development but after episodes from the first two seasons where we see they care about each other, I can't imagine that they'd just be like "nah, divorce"

>>91218340
I want to know why they started hating
>>
>>91213497
I mean simulator Morty has shown he's more than willing to kill Rick if he's pushed too far. If anything, Rick is the one who would probably get capped.
>>
>>91218370
Actually I made an account during the Pokémon sun and moon pre release hype and got banned, went there once after to ask a question about stitching a jacket since /fa/ is full of metrosexual trolls, and then last night to complain about rick and morty

You done?
>>
I don't really understand the timeline? Mulan was 1998, and that's when Beth was a little girl. So when does R&M currently take place?
>>
>>91218398

When I saw Beth's blank face I knew where it was going. I can only hope at this point they follow up on it and Beth does some real suffering this season. She gets away with too much shit and needs to get knocked down a firm peg or 20.
>>
>>91218394
When did I "cite" a YouTube comment you little fuckin 14 year old lmao

Also "autistic normie", you're so turbomad you're getting your buzzword insults mixed up

You sound like such a huge retard I bet...are you jerry smith?
>>
>>91218455
2024 at minimum
>>
>>91218455
Dude, it was completely made up by Rick.
It was just so he could have an excuse to get Mulan sauce and the bug guys are established to work on a different calendar so they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>91218398
>Seriously the whole sequence with the divorce was just too much, I don't mind the plot development but after episodes from the first two seasons where we see they care about each other, I can't imagine that they'd just be like "nah, divorce"

I'm going to bet the whole "divorce" thing will be resolved next episode. Especially considering its implied Jerry is the one who suggested it.
>>
>>91218472
*laugh track*
*applause*
'Autistic Normie is performed before a live audience'
>>
>>91218521
kek
>>
>>91218521
Can't even tell who you're trying to insult here
>>
>>91218472

Oh my god, you really are autistic. And a normie. At the same time. Truly incredible, you're one of a kind. Pat yourself on the back :)
>>
>>91218253
I liked it, that was probably my favourite part of the episode. "But never Jerry, and do ya wanna know why? Because he crossed me Morty".

I mean, I would be happy if the show went full on like that and just dropped the shitty drama crap which doesn't mesh at all with the rest of the show.
>>
>>91218187
I'm in community college, anon. I'm not trying to intellectually browbeat you.

I'm saying that if you think of the universe as a result of entering very particular parameters into... something, which isn't that far fetched considering the weird shit that has been found like the unnerving transcendental number sandwich that is [ 0 = e^( pi * i ) - 1 ], and the show seems to be going for this. You may recall a computer screen in season one or two or whatever; it's in the dome of Mortys getting stabbed, anyways - a big 'ol computer screen says CENTRAL FINITE CURVE. and you can scroll through a bunch of Ricks. I was thinking that it implied that all of the Ricks with all of their portal guns was sufficient to begin mapping the multiverse, but as we see from the Citadel being a bunch of fucking chumps, it's a learning process.

Let's say that the conditions that produce a three-dimensional universe are only found between the square root of two and your mother's waistline. Outside of those boundaries, the idea of McNugget sauce is inconceivable. There could be worlds without any sauce at all. I try not to consider such things.

Now, it's possible that ours is the only reality, and that mathematics are just a ludicrously creative manifestation of how our brains have to twist themselves around with limited resources. In that case, the existence of transcendental numbers and their presence in weird shit like [0=e^(pi*i)-1] is meaningless and only really tells us that there are a limitless number of incorrect ways of perceiving the world around us. I don't have the heuristics for this shit.

There are infinite transcendental numbers; it's really hard to prove that a number is transcendental. Maybe Roiland and I are the same kind of asshole trying to slice the same turd and failing, but I hope that explains where some of this shit is coming from?
>>
>>91212032
There's a new Mulan movie coming out, I see 2 possibilities.

1. The real Mcdonalds brings the sauce back now that people are talking about it again

2. The real Mcdonalds doesn't give a shit but Rick and Morty gets a universe where they DO give a shit, and Rick is there/goes there

Of course they could just drop the plot thread completely, if they wanted.
>>
>>91218618
Lmao you're trying so hard
>>
>>91212068
and he just killed the council of Ricks, one of which from a universe where that sauce was still around, and the rest of the Ricks likely knowing which one it was.

Yet he didn't think to find that information first before tearing the whole place apart? It would've taken, what, two seconds for him?

For being the smartest version of the smartest men of the multiverse, he sure pulled some retarded shit right there.
>>
>>91218640
The "shitty drama crap" gave this show some immersion and relevance, and made it more than just "slightly above kindergartener level butt jokes & sci-fi: the show"
>>
>>91217766
>FAKE
>ORIGN
>STORY

jeez, you're slow today, /co/.
>>
>>91218712

I'm sure he had attempted to find that information out ages ago
>>
>>91218253

Do you also think that in season 9 rick is going to get his szechuan sauce?

Do you also think Rick and Morty is going to run for 100 years?

Its very obvious when they're being ironic and when they're being serious.
>>
>>91212087
Rick probably has all of the other Rick deaths memorized/programmed into his machines. He could look it up in an instant because "oh shit I need a new universe" is something he's planned for, and Ricks are good at finding each other, what with the Council of Ricks. In this episode Ricks showed up in the Cronenberg universe because they sensed the disturbance, they have trackers on this shit.

The sauce is different, he doesn't have DNA to scan or anything like that. He probably wants the REAL sauce too, not some knockoff robot sauce from a copycat recipe. That's why he went through the Mcdonalds Drivethrough but didn't ask them for the recipe or anything, he doesn't want the recipe he wants the sauce from them.
>>
>>91218742
No because it's incredibly unbelievable, hamfisted and trite sweet Jesus. It's almost like a tumblr fanfiction inserted into a comedy show.
>>
>>91218648
Most of what you're saying is psuedoscience metaphysics bullshit but I'll endulge you

>Let's say that the conditions that produce a three-dimensional universe are only found between the square root of two and your mother's waistline. Outside of those boundaries, the idea of McNugget sauce is inconceivable. There could be worlds without any sauce at all. I try not to consider such things.

Well yes, that's what infinite possibilities implies, but as you said yourself the set of actual numbers is still larger than the fractions/decimals between them, so it shouldn't be hard for Rick to find some goddamn sauce
>>
>>91212336
Yeah, when these "edgy humour shows usually on Adult Swim" shows get a divorce, they usually improve. Moral Orel got better after the parents divorced, it changed the entire show.
>>
>>91218819
How do you figure? All shows need something that gives it reason, I absolutely hate one-off shows
>>
>>91218819
>tumblr fanfiction inserted directly
>almost like
A voice on the wind whispers, "Dan Harmon. Dan. Harmon."
>>
>>91218618
An autistic person passing as a normie is pretty impressive. He's got his shit figured out in a way none of us have.
>>
>>91217754
"Come on... don't go through a man's portal Gun history. We all go to weird places"
>>
Anyone who uses the word "reddit" in a post should be automatically perma-banned
>>
>>91212901
If he let Summer die, then his convoluted scheme to break Jerry/Beth up would have failed because Beth would be horrified that Summer was dead and be more or less willing to side with Jerry over her dad.

Which makes sense in so far as the notion that Rick only tolerates Summer because he can't manipulate Beth if he's overtly treating Summer like shit ala Jerry.
>>
>>91218862
First off the tone shift whenever it goes for Drama is incredibly jarring, like it was inserted into a "designated jarring time". Second of all it's dealing with characters who seem completely immune to any growth. There was one point at the start of season 2 where Morty seemed to be developing a bit, in the way he was talking to Summer and such about his adventure, which was rolled back into season 1 dipshit idiot Morty almost immediately, third of all the characters aren't even likeable, hell Rick isn't even MEANT to be likeable except for self insert narcissist spergs so why am I supposed to be invested in their troubles? And lastly with all the fourth wall breaking and references it makes it even more jarring. This Rick falling into depression and almost killing himself is the same Rick who talks about how he's in a fucking TV series every couple of episodes so EVEN from his perspective the drama is stunted.

It's fucking atrocious in so many ways.
>>
>>91217838
No they don't

Provide literally one example
>>
>>91219087
>"designated jarring time"
designated drama time*, my bad.
>>
>>91219087
Nope. morty has become more developed and stayed that way through the end of season 2, and even right up to this episode. Notice how detached and hateful he was of rick? That's continuity, cumulative hatred for Rick that's built up

There's no reason rick can't be likable,but he has to be built up to it because a man with infinite power like he obstensibly has in universe shouldn't be trusted so easily
>>
>>91213064
The only way that works is if the next episode has Jerry hanging around and Beth basically chickening out on the divorce or the next episode opening teaser repeat the speech only to have Rick turn around and find Summer/Jerry/Beth watching and having heard EVERYTHING and Rick basically trying to play his entire speech off as a joke and, after the opening credit, us getting a new status quo in so far as Rick is in the shithouse the entire season and having to shelf his ego and win back the family for real, complete with Jerry basically bossing Rick around and Rick dealing with the fact that Beth truly no longer loves him/Morty being flat out TERRIFIED of Rick
>>
>>91218829
>pseudoscience metaphysics bullshit
Certainly. Roiland is a child, and I smoke a lot of weed. Let's be real numbers here.

>you said yourself the set of actual numbers is still larger than the fractions between them
I'm interpreting this to mean:
>actual numbers > irrational numbers + natural numbers
You're absolutely correct, but I believe that the only remaining numbers that could compose "actual numbers" (all real numbers) are transcendental numbers. I don't think complex numbers are part of that; imaginary numbers are some weird planar geometry shit, I could be wrong.

...so maybe the portal gun requires a transcendental number key or some shit, to reach particular dimensions, expressing the different conditions. If that were so, it would explain why it's taking infinite Ricks so long to consolidate their shit.

>it shouldn't be hard for Rick to find some goddamn sauce
Many an individual has lost their minds in search of the elusive """sauce""". Isn't he moving through time at the same speed as everyone else? That's what the testicle timelord episode was about. Rick is smart for a mammal, but he's a big 'ol clusterfuck who can't corral a family of four into safety, anywhere. Even if we can teach computers to prove transcendental numbers for us, it could still take a while for them to process. Fucking up a dimensional portal could be catastrophic, and this show runs on the logic of "it disintegrates meatbags, haha". Even if it doesn't disintegrate you, and can randomly generate a bunch of transcendental numbers because it's a pocket supercomputer in a cartoon show, it clearly doesn't get always bring you to somewhere habitable.

The real issue is the interdimensional bullshit getting less creative the more Harmon gets his sticky paws all over the plot.
>>
>>91216814
reddit didn't ruin it, retards like you who call anything that becomes popular "reddit" did
>>
i remember the promotional sauce, buy i was too young to remember if it was any good, anyone here with better memories than me?
>>
>>91216571
>basic economics
Their dollar was worth 1 of itself. That should have been the tip-off that it was supposed to be a joke instead of an actual coherent strategy for destroying an intergalactic government.

Please refer to 4chan's Rule 2.
>>
>>91219525
>willingly memed
>>
>>91219525
It was okay. Not much better than the other sauces, I'd say it was about as good as mixing Sweet & Sour with BBQ.
>>
>>91219183
>>91213064
Next episode opening with rick still being in the brainfucker would be interesting.
Could be a scenario where morty has told the rick-council to let him go with seal team rick, pointing out that "Being saved by a morty" is probably their version of hell, and that he'd also livestream the attempt.
Wont happen, but it'd be nice for morty to actually get a win for once.
>>
>>91213154
It wasn't really mean-spirited.

Rick was pretending he was a massive asshole so Morty wouldn't know he actually cared. The takeaway was supposed to be "aww, Rick's an ass but he cares deep down, he's embarrassed to let Morty know that but he really does care".

If you're talking about the divorce it's not mean-spirited, just a plot device. I have faith they know exactly what they're doing with that, Moral Orel showed that a divorce mid-show can lead to some great material.
>>
>>91213497
>Morty will probably get killed sometime this season and get replaced with a new Morty just so Rick can keep doing horrible things
I really don't expect that one, our Morty has a fuckload of character development and our Rick is supposedly unique among Ricks. I could see them adopting a 2nd Morty or something, but Morty is basically the MC with Rick being there to drive the plot. If Morty dies all of the character development from the show was basically worthless.
>>
>>91213665
Given it's a full length episode, even if it's "haha it's not season 1 episode 1" it's a legit episode of the show.

Maybe they'd say "It's just an OVA episode", and re-start with Rick in prison, but even if they did that this episode was a valid AU.
>>
>>91212087
It's an infinite number of universes, so this is the Rick who has a really hard time archiving this specific goal
>>
>>91219859
>If Morty dies all of the character development from the show was basically worthless.

Did you miss the rant at the end of this episode that made all the character development for Rick basically worthless? Writers don't care, they'll do whatever makes their new piss easy to win fanbase happy.
>>
>>91212202
Yummmy.
>>
>>91217379
Hyper inflation doesn't work relative to itself. If the $1 bill was worth 2 $1 bills, it would be the same as being worth 1000000000000000 $1 bills because the system is meaningless without a baseline.
>>
>>91217754
Morty has used a portal gun before, and the croenburg world is HIS world, C-137. Morty probably just scrolled the history until he saw C-137, which he knows is his world, and clicked it. Why wouldn't that work? The gun has controls, and in this episode Morty identifies himself as "C-137" Morty when the Ricks freeze his old family. He clearly knew the world's number.

Even if the gun didn't go by number, he just needs to scroll until he sees a fuckload of from/to with the same address, since the last world before his current one was C-137, and Rick stayed there quite a while going to/from places.
>>
>>91218253
>>91218980
>Jung said something along the lines of the repressed unconscious "shadow" mind is not necessarily the "true" mind. The repressed "human" side of Rick may not actually be his "true" personality, but neither is selfish asshole aspect a "false" one. It's a mix of both. The moments in which his humanity is expressed may not reveal who Rick "truly" is, but it's undeniable to see those aspects of him as part of who he is in a multifaceted sort of way

>>91219087
Rick isn't likable. He's an evil sociopath. Jerry and Morty's growing disdain towards him is supposed to sympathetic. Also character growth doesn't necessarily negate their "original" personality.
>>
>>91219956
I think Rick had a psychotic break. A real-ish one. The Szechuan sauce was could have been some wetware SQL injection shit, as another anon kindly pointed out to me.

I think it's telling that we had a moment where they supplanted alternate versions of themselves because they were "less real" than them. I think what makes Rickest Rick the Rickest is his absolute, sardonic conviction that everything is less real than his perspective, and his own perspective on himself is worthless. Before, they jumped dimensions to keep the status quo. This Rick declared war on Morty's life, potentially pushing the biggest bitch in the multiverse over the edge. We'll see how they handle this season.

This will lead us back to eyepatch Morty. You can bet on Harmon's grizzled ass.
>>
>>91218252
>he thinks a cartoon has enough influence through fans to get Mcdonalds to just instantly approach Disney and the new Mulan movie people and try to get a deal, all so 100 autismos can taste a sauce they can already have, but in a little plastic mcdonalds container instead
>>
>>91218341
You're obviously butthurt they banned you, or you wouldn't come here to complain about it.
>>
so there's a Rick or group of Ricks making it so that every rick eventually finds the way to create a portal gun?

does he straight up tells them or just makes it so that they are forced to do so?

how many times our Rick has changed dimension just to see if he can have a happy life just to see how it burns or he himself realizes that every version of his family look like them yet are not them?
>>
>>91218455
It wasn't real, there was no "flashback". It was MADE UP.

If anything the timeline inconsistency proves it, just like Rick straight up confirmed and the scientists confirmed.
>>
>>91212275
>Animatic preview of season three showed Rick still trying to break out of the prison
You right about this theory
>>
>>91218518
>I'm going to bet the whole "divorce" thing will be resolved next episode. Especially considering its implied Jerry is the one who suggested it.
No way, they wouldn't do that. This is going to go full Moral Orel, where the divorce will be a spark for new content so they have more material to work with and things won't get stale.
>>
>>91219001
It's funny, if they put something like a 3 day ban on that word post quality would go up pretty quickly if they enforce the "no skipping word filters" rule.

/v/ recently added a few words to the word filter, the same "insults" people that use "reddit" as an insult would use. Post quality is up a little, but if "reddit" and "plebbit" and other forms of it was added to the filter and became something like "another website" suddenly people would stop obsessing over it.

Ironically people on 4chan discuss reddit more than redditors discuss it.
>>
File: jerry3.jpg (388KB, 1231x940px) Image search: [Google]
jerry3.jpg
388KB, 1231x940px
So what's gonna happen to Jerry this season now that Beth is apparently leaving him?
Is Beth going to chicken out of the divorce at the last minute? Is Jerry going to try and kill himself, but can't go through with it?
I want to say that Jerry could be recruited by Tammy and whatever remains of the Galactic Federation, but I don't know if that would be a good idea from a narrative standpoint.
>>
>>91220666
>full moral orel
then they'd better not pussy out
>>
Could he not just reverse engineer the sauce one he got to the part of his mind that had it or whatever?
>>
>>91221075
I don't think the sauce is his true goal in life. In fact, I don't think he even knows his goal in life anymore. I have a feeling that Rick's mind is only going to get worse and worse as the series goes on.
>>
File: 1490053744128.jpg (80KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1490053744128.jpg
80KB, 800x733px
This better be a secret April Fool's episode, either that or they fucked up their writing. It's not only the doubling down on pseudo-intellectualism, but just all the tiny flaws that any competent writer would have told them to change or remove because of how awful it makes the episode.

>Origin story? BAZINGA I just invented it to fool you xD
>Sympathetic Rick? BAZINGA I am just so crazy rawr!
>A new setting with the galactic federation? BAZINGA 1 currency equals zero now!

I swear this show is the Big Bang Theory of animation, except it pretends to be ironic to shield itself from criticism.

>>91216679
>>91212275
>>91216679

All of these anons are right, too.
>>
>>91212078
Considering Disney is doing live-action remakes of all their movies, I'm sure when they finally remake Mulan, they'll do a Happy Meal promo with McDonald's
>>
>>91212226
It's never the same when you make shit yourself.
>>
>>91213497
>I can't watch a show because MUH FEEFEES
fuck off
>>
>>91220637
is there any evidence supporting the theory that the animatic was of him escaping the prison?
>>
>>91212930
>I got the wording wrong but the implications are the same.
No, they're not.

The former implies he only saved the kids to con Beth into letting him come back.
The latter implies he knows Beth would never have forgiven him if he let anything happen to the kids.

It's a subtle, but important difference.
>>
>>91212275
Wait, the one where he was a fucking pickle or was there another one I missed?
>>
File: jerry_post.jpg (181KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
jerry_post.jpg
181KB, 800x500px
>>91218398
>Seriously the whole sequence with the divorce was just too much, I don't mind the plot development but after episodes from the first two seasons where we see they care about each other, I can't imagine that they'd just be like "nah, divorce"

If they really break up Beth and Jerry, and they just make Jerry a miserable punching bag and everyone else is better without him I'm gonna be pissed. If you ask me he was in the right here. Rick might be the smartest guy in the universe, but he's an awful person and he's ruining their life as a family. Jerry is the exact opposite, he's probably one of the dimmest people in the universe but I think he really tries to be a good father for his kids. The show treats him like shit all the time as if to say it's better to be smart than kind, and I know it's a cynical show, but at a certain point I feel like Jerry needs a win otherwise it's not funny anymore, it's just beating someone while their down. Jerry doesn't need to be knocked down a peg, Beth or Rick do.
>>
>>91218398
Beth's relationship with Rick is absolutely enough for Jerry to try and make her choose. Him putting his foot down is 100% in character.

This isn't the end though. We'll see if it sticks, and it probably won't.
>>
>>91221307
Impossible. Disney severed ties with McDonald's years ago, Subway is their partner now.
>>
>>91212032
if rick is the smartest character in their universe, shouldn't he be able to reverse engineer the mcd szechuan sauce?
>>
>>91222314
Maybe the szechuan sauce wasn't created by someone in their universe?
>>
>>91212113
fpbp
>>
>>91222054
Subway is a sinking pedofile ship, plagued by countless problems over the years.

While McD is one of the only successful fast food companies over the past few years.
>>
>>91221284
>autistic screeching intensifies
>>
>>91218144
you should be banned from here too for being clearly underage
>>
>>91217588
>the pacing was godawful. It felt like they crammed too much in without consideration for having it flow.
So, normal for rick and morty standards. maybe this show just isn't for you.
>Second of all, the way they resolved both looming threats was clever, but anticlimactic.
Again the standard.
>Third of all, i feel like any bonding Rick and morty C-137 did over season 2 was just utterly shat on.
this is on purpose. if you want the show to go on it needs to have story. any story you thought of in season 2 is actually for a whole nother purpose. deal with it.
>Fourth, I feel like rick's motivation was completely out of nowhere, like, I get that rule of funny is a thing in this show, but Rick seriously fought the galactic government and council just to get one over on jerry for trying to turn him in?
yes which is funny and predictable from a half sociopath like him
>>
>>91219774
This. I don't know where all this "Rick's motivation is the dipping sauce is coming from", he was clearly lying. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if his flashback was real and he was lying about it being fabricated.
>>
>>91221284
Actually, given that Justin DOES post here for honest feedback, how many people think (when the episode "officially" airs this summer) that they will change the ending speech Rick gives to make it less evil?

IE Rick rants about how the Federation isn't fully gone, neither is the Council of Ricks, and how they murdered his family and how he's going to make Morty and Summer help finish the two off enemies of Rick off? And that Morty's horrified reaction is going to be instead focused on Rick revealing that Rick's Beth died and he took another Rick's daughter as his own?
>>
>>91223124
>Actually I wouldn't be surprised if his flashback was real and he was lying about it being fabricated.
I'm kind of counting on it. Or at the very least, them leaving a big question mark that it could have been real.
>>
>>91213921
Oh that's fucking god tier.
>>
>>91222468
Not really.

McDonalds committed fast food suicide a couple of years ago, hiring a guy who basically killed off nearly all of their specialty burgers and shit and instead triple downed of the Dollar Menu and "2 for $5/2 for $3" shit because they wanted the poor black dollar.

That backfired, so he double downed on cheap shit by ordering all stores serve breakfast 24-7 and forced all franchises to pay for the additional gear for the hairbrain scheme themselves even though franchise owners all cried foul about how it was going to make the franchises , already losing money to other chains, lose even more more money.

They finally fired the idiot and his replacement has stated ty fucked up big time
>>
>>91216679
>>91221284

The emotional ending of the Season 2 finale was shit, and it's good that this shattered it. News flash, Rick can be a shitty person, undeserving of audience sympathy and still care for Morty and Summer for selfish reasons. He can know that they are replaceable and still place irrational value on them as companions, like people do with dogs.

Remember, this isn't even the original Summer or Beth. The ending of Season 2 made no fucking sense as-is because his original family is already gone and yet we're supposed to pretend like there's some special connection between them.
>>
>>91217634
You should have realised from the beginning that this was basically asdfmovies but with human characters and something resembling a plot.
>>
>>91217634

The stakes of the season 2 finale were incompatible with what the early show had introduced though. Family is fucked and on the run? Who cares, he already ditched his real family anyway. No planets in the universe that are close enough to earth? Who cares, he can just send them to an alternate universe where the family never existed and Bird Person is still alive, and even kill that universe's Tammy before she does anything.
>>
>>91212032
If Rick is so smart then why doesnt he just go to a universe where the recipes for every chain restaurant are common knowledge?
>>
>>91223507
Wait they went from the Aussie to a Brit and who's in charge now?
>>
>>91223507

to be fair though, McDonald's and all those other places really needed to extend their breakfasts back a couple hours. Fucking bullshit that you had to be there before 10:30 or whatever
>>
Well we know the origin is bullshit, but question is, how much of it? Sure his wife and Beth dying is probably fake, but perhaps meeting another Rick is true. What if our Rick really is THE Rick like he claimed during the council episode, as in the Rick from Earth prime? Perhaps The reason why the council put up with him for so long because hes the original Rick where all other realities branch from, and they needed him to create the portal gun at that time so every other Rick would exist?
>>
>>91223804

if there are infinite Ricks, why would only one of them be able to create a portal gun though?
>>
>Jerry and Beth have only just seperated and people are already bitching about how this COULD ruin the show

You people are no different than the people bitching about what Trump COULD do rather than he has done or is definitely going to do.
>>
>>91223521
agreed, people getting emotional over "wtf they ruined sweetheart Rick by making him a psychopath" don't actually watch the same show

his not evil but his not human and the episode spelled it out in so many words

maybe when pushed to the absolute breaking point Rick may do something a normal person might like shit his pants or say he does care and mean it but his be long gone for longer than any of the people in the series have been alive
>>
>>91223804
That's some real specific headcanon you got up there.
>>
>>91223831
Im using Crisis of Two Earths logic here, but Prime Rick creating the portal gun is where the other branches start. That Rick starting the chain means an infinite number of Ricks creating their own portal guns, but with slight/drastic variations of what they do afterwards.
>>91223888
Its only a theory, not even going to pretend its valid. Just a random thought I suppose to speculate on
>>
>>91218144
>Reddit spacing
You should stay there.
>>
Something just was off about the episode

It was just kinda mean spirited with no pay off, I don't think Rick needs it to come back to bite him but I want more of a reaction than just everything goes to his crazy plan.

Especially cause a lot of the episode felt like lets sweep shit under the rug. Fuck all these interesting plot ideas with story potential, every Rick is just an idiot now

Plus it just wasn't funny
>>
File: images-4.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>91212032
>all that for some sauce
>meanwhile the Hot N' Spicy McChicken is lost to the void

And here I thought you were a man with vision Sanchez...
>>
>>91220853
It's not gonna happen but I hope he never comes back to the family. Him and Beth are by far the worst characters on the show and if they can get separate character development that's fine by me.
>>
>Every negative comment in the show - even those that aren't vitriolic, and are simple opinions, have some autist responding how its
>just an opinion
>was a good episode
>you just don't get it, maaan.

When they say this is reddit's favorite show, they mean it. Is there a Rick and Morty IDF out there?
>>
>>91212032
The only reasonable explanation for the Mulan sauce being impossible to find even for Rick is if the Mulan sauce is some kind of special entity. Like if it's a god or some super powerful interdimensional being that can evade Rick's grasp.

There's no other way to explain how he couldn't just travel to a universe that still has the Mulan sauce, the sauce itself would have to be close to Rick's power level.

Or the rant at the end was just another improv joke and the Mulan sauce will never be brought up again.
>>
>>91224178
>Fuck all these interesting plot ideas with story potential

Which interesting plot ideas with story potential are we talking about?
>>
>>91224353
Anything with the federation ruling earth and the Rick station

Even just wrecking the federation in general. Now all they can do with these elements is some are mad at Rick now that he blew their things up, he already has a million people like that
>>
So wait, people are actually mad that they resolved the prison, government, and Jerry/Beth plot points in one episode? Why? Rick being a complete asshole, pulling a rabbit trick out his ass, and moving on with the "plot" is nothing new, nor should it be dragged out.
>>
>>91218860
>Comparing Rick and Morty to something as great as Morel Orel.

Never ever.
>>
File: 1489382713827.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489382713827.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
i want to watch the episode but i dont see any reliable links in this or any of the other threads

halp
>>
>>91212032
I don't see why not
>>
I started to binge watch season 1

And then I found this on the end of the first episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ4Sb_rnCqw

100 more years - 3 years of airing = 97 MORE YEARS MORTY

Fucking bastards
>>
>>91218860
>implying Rick and Morty won't just have the same back and forth side-plot bullshit with Beth and Jerry we've always had but with more divorce/Jerry sucks jokes
>>
>>91224480
nigga >>91212486
>>
>>91221915

I'm sick of all this sympathy for Jerry. He is a pathetic human being. Trying to do the right thing doesn't automatically make you the good guy. Not to mention he has attempted to fuck people over before, he's no saint.

I swear it's always the /r9k/ people who relate so much to Jerry. He is a loser. Beth is a bitch but she's better off without him.
>>
>>91224656
Jerry's the straight man, the moment you lose your straight man the comedy suffers. Plus just about every great joke in R&M has Jerry in it. The cloud fart episode would have been shit without the Jerry daycare. People like Jerry not because they relate to him, but because he's a level of stupid that's relatable. We've all been a Jerry now and then.
>>
>>91224656
I think it is less that bad shit happens to Jerry but more that there is nothing funny to this. The show just kinda revealed in his life being ruined, and when the show has already made attempts to humanise the cast more doing the same shitty things to them doesn't have the same effect

At the end I just feel like it was sort of shitty
>>
>>91224778
Yeah, there was definitely a shift in how Jerry jokes played out between season 1 and 2.

Season 1 Jerry he was usually getting the commuppence for have unwarranted amounts of hubris/self-importance and then being revealed to be pathetic when he gets in over his head.

Season 2 Jerry however they seemed to cut out that step for most episodes and just made him pathetic, which is less of a punchline.
>>
>>91225048
Partly as well I think is this development should have happened ages ago. We've had many episodes where it could and they always went for the nah they get back together straight away

So now for what feels like a pretty contrived reason they do it for what seems like for real, in a not very funny way that they could still pull a lol not really on.

It just isn't satisfying to watch.
>>
>>91224431

The federation still exists though. He wrecked their economy for a day and they panicked and lost earth, but they could still set up a new currency, and as seen, still have considerable resources at their disposal.

Evil Morty still exists, and if anything is a bigger threat now that the Council is mostly gone.
>>
>>91224656
When a show shits on a character for doing something wrong, it's understandable. When a show continuously shits on the character even when they DON'T do something wrong, you feel bad for them. There's nothing /r9k/ about not finding the show's treatment of Jerry funny.

As annoying and stupid as he is, he's the only important character that doesn't love Rick, and that adds something to the dynamic.
>>
>>91224435

honestly, the "emotional" tone at the end of Season 2, as if this isn't all something that can be solved in a day with Rick's level of technology is the real crime here. It wouldn't even be an asspull for them to just say "and then 5 seconds later the Council of Ricks rescued him because they still owed him for that one time" between episodes and then start S3E1 as if nothing happened. The biggest problem here is that they even pretending lasting consequences are a thing in this universe. We already had an episode where he destroyed the world and escaped it by hopping universes, consequences clearly don't exist here.
>>
>>91224525

you actually had to go back and rewatch the episode to make that connection? sad
>>
>>91225242
>As annoying and stupid as he is, he's the only important character that doesn't love Rick
Morty fucking shot the guy.
>>
>>91212032
>Time Travel Stuff
I thought we weren't ever gonna see that.
>>
Jesus christ I can't believe people take the end rant seriously

Think about this shit:

>the entire thing was a plot to fuck over Jerry
Retarded. Rick could fuck over Jerry in a billion ways, all absolutely worse than what he did. It was obvious from the tone of the S2 finale that he turned himself in to save his family - we have no reason to believe this isn't still true, aside from a stupid drunken rant. Taking down the galactic government is part of saving his family - their lives were miserable (except fucking Jerry).

>I saved you and Summer so your mom would accept me
He doesn't give a single flying fuck about Beth accepting him. The only person he gives a fuck about is Morty - he already replaced the rest of the family once. He knows that Beth would probably take him no matter what, anyway. ALSO, if he just needed to bring a Summer and Morty home, why the hell would he go through all the trouble of rescuing HIS Summer and Morty from the Council of Ricks? There's literally infinite Summers and infinite Mortys, and even if he couldn't go get some for some reason he could easily clone some more. The logic doesn't make sense - this should tip you off that it isn't meant to be taken seriously.

>THIS IS GONNA BE THE DARKEST YEAR OF ADVENTURES YET
Obviously tongue in cheek, poking fun at themselves. Too direct to be serious.

>IT'S MY ONE ARMED MAN
How the fuck did you guys miss all these other obvious clues with this silly bullshit right here?

Also note how his eyes flail around in different directions and he drools all over the place. He looks stupid and rediculous - just like the rant. Morty, the audience surrogate, spends the entire thing being confused and saying "This doesn't make any sense;" this is also supposed to show, surprisingly enough, that the rant doesn't make any sense and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Think about things critically. There were problems with the episode, but "OMG rick is EVUL NAO? :(" wasn't one of them.
>>
>>91218784
>but didn't ask them for the recipe or anything
It's because he never knew the recipe. If he asked for it, he'd have to imagine a response. However, he had tasted the sauce, meaning he could create the taste.
>>
reddit and memey
>>
>>91212032
McDs is in license talks with Disney right now for the live action film. They might be hoping they guess right and the sauce returns.
>>
>>91225405

The entire rant was porbably ad-libed and was just crazy ranting from Rick. I don't know how anyone could take it seriously.
>>
>>91225472
I thought Disney owned McD
>>
>>91225405
No one took it seriously you moron, it just wasn't funny and the episode leading up to it which most of the jokes come from wasn't any good
>>
File: 1483040638619.png (682KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483040638619.png
682KB, 1280x720px
>>91224648
oh wow, thanks breh
>>
>>91225405

This much thought isn't even necessary to reach the right conclusion here. It was obviously just a nonsensical rant and a callback to the pilot.
>>
>>91225508
>>91225472
Anon... no. Unless their multi-decade deal with Subway ended, there's no way Disney will work with McDonald's again. Too much baggage there, too many people remembering Disney hawking cheap collector's glasses and plates.
>>
>>91225530

People are taking seriously and going EVIL RICK CONFIRMED
>>
why do so many pepole take the sauce thing so seriously? it was a throwaway gag, but i'v seen pepole seriously taking it a a serious thing.
>>
>>91225661

have you actually tasted it? if not, shut the fuck up right now
>>
>>91217851
>Infinite numbers means there IS all of them
you are an idiot. not all real numbers are whole numbers, despite being infinite whole numbers

in fact, real numbers are more infinite then whole numbers
>>
>>91214832
You idiot
>>
>>91225405

This should be obvious to anyone with a brain.
>>
>>91225616
People are calling him a cunt cause of the things he did this episode not the rant
>>
>>91225368
Imagine how big of a fucking twist that would have been if he actually killed Rick and Morty and Summer wound up jumping dimensions to a new Rick.
>>
>>91225738

he has an entire planet enslaved to power his car battery. He was already confirmed to be a cunt long ago
>>
>>91225884

honestly now that you've mentioned it I'm kind of mad that didn't happen.
>>
infinite universes but there is a finite number of similar enough universes.
>>
>>91212564
Listen to his rant again. Jerry betrayed him, so he got rid of him.
The McDonalds part of the rant is probably just the creators trying to see if they can influence real life and get that sauce back. Or it's just a joking callback to the Rick and Morty forever rant.
Or both.
>>
>>91226014
>>91225405
>>
>>91215725
There isbt enough "fuck drumpf!!! xDDD" for it to be Harmon led yet.
>>
I agree with the other anons.
The currency thing was retarded.

The bugs going throught the whole process of "omg i just realised what symbolic value means" was stupid.
>>
>>91212032
Remember being a kid?
Remember Lego bricks?
Remember when you were building your own thing and you needed a very certain brick and it was in a giant ass tub of assorted bricks?
That's Rick's issue with the Sauce. It's out there, he just hasn't found it.
>>
File: 1490240218902.gif (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1490240218902.gif
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>91225920
Would have been legitimately interesting and bring most of their character development to a good point.

> Morty has been becoming more and more violent and nihilistic, takes out his anger on Rick by killing him

> Summer gets shown first hand how fucked up it is to just jump ship on a dimension like Morty and Rick did in season 1, maybe stops idolizing Rick.

> Rick gets both his grandkids to finally see the world like he does, and it winds up killing him.

It's dark, at least a fraction more intelligent and thought provoking than what they actually went with, AND just a little bit more satisfying as well.
>>
>>91226089
It was a joke.

You can think the joke wasn't funny, but don't pretend it was insulting to your intelligence or something. The humor was supposed to come from the absurdity of it. Also

>I can tell you that... FOR MONEY.
>Gentlemen, there's a solution here you're all failing to see.
>HE WHO CONTROLS THE PANTS CONTROLS THE GALAXY

C'mon. That's funny.
>>
>>91226098

It also feels like cheating that not only is Rick the smartest man in the universe, he's also the smartest of all Ricks in all possible universes. A switch like that would help dispel that idea.
>>
>>91226190
Why would the show follow one of the shit Ricks? We wouldn't care about him. You can't have every character in your show be replaceable - you run into darkness induced audience apathy, which is something the show struggles with already.

We already had a "Rick gets knocked down a peg" episode anyway - Evil Morty would've killed him if not for Morty.
>>
>>91226273

The whole point is the other Ricks shouldn't be so shit compared to the main Rick. You'd think a dozen alternate versions of yourself would stand a chance against you, but somehow he easily bests thousands of himself just as easily as he does the nameless bugs.
>>
>>91220853

I like to think Jerry is going to get spousal support (Beth obviously makes a lot more money) get a part time job, dabble in community theater, and generally start enjoying his life. Maybe have a semi-regular hookup with a sleepy gary looking actor. Basically Jerry is at his best whenever the situation is bad. Cronenbergs? He turns into a killing machine? Evil monster Beth clone? He saves the day. Government collapses? Skates right on through. It'd fit the pattern that when his wife leaves him, he actually does fairly well.
>>
>>91226323
Oh, yeah, fair point. That sort of bugs me too.
>>
>>91226273
While I agree that not everyone should be replaceable, to me it's pretty clear that the real important character is Morty. Every Morty we've seen has been completely retarded with the exception of Evil Morty and Main Morty. So long as we don't lose Morty the show wouldn't suffer too much, even if we lost "Our" Rick. It actually makes sense from a story telling perspective, to show Rick is fragile and replaceable as everyone else. It would help humanize him as a character more than seasons 1 and 2 combined ever did, even if it would only be doing so after his death.
>>
"time travel stuff" is obviously just a trap for idiots trying to steal his real stuff
>>
>>91221627
T. Autist
>>
>>91226430
I agree that this is how it should be, but it's not how it is.

Rick is the main character who does all the cool shit, Morty is the loser everyman that the audience is supposed to insert into. The problem is that they make Rick TOO awesome and Morty TOO retarded. Since Morty is a retard and Rick is cool, the audience tries to insert into Rick instead, since the audience wants to be cool. As such if you killed him off and replaced him with some other random Rick people would have a shitfit.
>>
>>91216965
You're equating fine wine to fart jokes here and you sound like a ponce.
>>
>>91226619
Shame that this seems to be the direction the show is taking. It feels like they had a chance to really pull something actually kind of intellectual.
>>
>>91217588
>but Rick seriously fought the galactic government and council just to get one over on jerry for trying to turn him in?
I think you mean: Rick fought the galactic government for murdering his best friend(s) at birdperson's wedding.
>>
>>91212410
>objectively bad
If youre gonna be one of those goddamn infuriating faggots who think their opinions are law then go on extent on why its bad. Without using subjective taste since you think its "objective". You sound like youre genuinly just being a contrarian.
>>
>>91212930

>Bean molestor

Trump could've stopped this
>>
>>91212434
different person here.

I didn't hate the episode, but I hated the ending. feels like Rick is already being flanderized. we've had so many moments where he's shown to actually care and then we get this. the only way I can rationalize it is that he did in fact suffer a psychotic break from the machine.
>>
>>91226867

> we've had so many moments where he's shown to actually care

Yeah like that time he abandoned Beth and Summer and fled to a new universe or that montage during the memory parasites episode of all the fucked up shit he did to Morty
>>
File: mfw.jpg (14KB, 144x179px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
14KB, 144x179px
>>91226867
>taking the ending seriously
>>
>>91226164
So I guess this is Schrodinger's smart man's comedy.

Smart when it's not doing resolving the plot in stupid ways, whimsical when it is.
>>
>>91226323
I dunno, the impression I always got wasn't that the other Ricks were shit, they all had the same genius and potential that our Rick has. But by becoming a part of some big stupid bureaucracy they've become lazy and complacent.

Our Rick didn't join the Council, he's a rogue. He hasn't had the privilege of being able to fall back on them to clean up his messes and help him out of bad situations, he had to come up with his own ways out. That doesn't make him any smarter or more gifted than any other Rick, but it DOES make him more experienced and better at rolling with the punches when things take a turn for the worse.
>>
>>91213179
Winter is kinda cold.
>>
Am I the only one that enjoy's seeing Jerry's life fall to shambles? I mean, I know he doesn't deserve it half the time, but goddamn when he does deserve it.
>>
File: rick_and_morty_-_buttmug.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rick_and_morty_-_buttmug.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
Why do some people treat this show so seriously? People complaining about plot holes in the show where half of the dialogues are improvised?

Half of the time you can't tell if you are watching the plot or just a joke because that depends on if they decide to stick with it for the future episodes. For example they can add a new twist to the "origin story" of Rick and reveal the new real motivations for Rick. And it wouldn't be any more weirder than when they went from revenge of the dead family story to "I want that Mulan McNugget sauce from 1998". Ricks character is casualy switching between crazy genius to pure crazy drunktard on the fly depending on the joke they are going for.

You are watching comedy show with fart jokes and half-improvised dialogues. Why do you try to treat it as a serious hard science fiction novel written with utmost care for the coherent plot? I get that the writting for this show is smarter than in your average toilet humor show. But it never goes fully serious. Smarter dick jokes are still dick jokes.
>>
>>91227772
Yeah but even then, if each if these Ricks is lesser to the main Rick for that reason, you'd think their organization combined would still outmatch him.
>>
>>91216571
>expecting a joke that's supposed to be nonsensical to be well in line with macro-economics
You know you're watching a comedy show, right?
>>
>>91228615
B-but muh reddit!
>>
>>91216808
>'Everyone was right! Season 1 was better let's just do that!'

Unironically this. The "stakes" in Rick & Morty were always retarded.
>>
>>91217220

if you watch the commentaries for the first two seasons, Dan and Justin consistently say that comedy is the priority. so any "feels" or over-arching plot in the show is just a bonus.
>>
>>91219357
>t.redditor
>>
I don't get why people think this suddenly the opposite of ricks character. Rick has always killed people to survive, he just doesn't give a fuck and don't act like he hasn't. It's literally how he does things, the rick council has been a constant pain in his side, the galactic empire he's been getting fucked by and fucking over for years, why exactly is it shocking he would even care about the collateral damage.

In the end Rick is still fucking rick, he has character development sure but how long has it been since episode 1 even fucking aired? People do change, but they don't change that rapidly, especially when they've been set in the habit of it for longer then most of /co/'s age in years, after all the shit that happened, all the shit that rick did for the family.

Jerry proceeds to be fucking Jerry, and Rick has done literally everything he could have possibly fucking done to assist their fucked marriage. Marriage cancelling, every fucking thing, Rick might have been the center of the families problems, but Beths character development stuck, and she took ricks side. Sometimes couples arent made to last, so why should Rick have to attempt to fix their marriage in any way especially when Jerry is constantly a nuisance and never fully accepts rick even when he saves the family from their nightmare?

Rick went through a metric fuckton of shit, why wouldn't he revert back to that person in the times of stress? He was probably just fucking with morty.
>>
>>91229256
Also rick isn't a fucking idiot, it isn't hard to read peoples actions, and Morty sure as hell isn't that good of an actor. He most likely knew Morty was shooting him to try and kill him.

He was probably just getting revenge on morty.
>>
>>91218248
>Nonon, sorry, you are on the stupid side everytim you assume a writer change its plot when the fanbse "figure it out". It almost never happens. When a writer think he has a good plot, they don't deviate from it even when the fanbase guess it.
>what is Gravity fall's shit ending?
>>
>>91227479
This, it was mostly a callback to the ending of the first episode. Rick can be a manipulative asshole, but he's not a complete sociopath. At least with his family.
>>
>>91228615
>Why do some people treat this show so seriously?
short answer is because it's fun. Also I don't think people are taking it all that serious, it's just fun when a challenge is presented like making an improv comment work in the lore.
>>
>>91229524
>At least with his family.
The one he left for dead or the one he is with now? That's always going to be what keeps him leaning on the side of being a sociopath. That and there is a whole episode where he got his rocks off watching poor people kill themselves.
>>
>>91228615
Fucking Jesus. People take this show seriously because there's a devoted mass of followers who claim its the greatest show ever with a deep and rewarding meta, but when people actually look into it and complain because it's a hollow shell of pseudo-intellectual humor that same fanbase retaliates with a 'Ya'll too serious, it's just a dumb show.'
>>
File: 5474785378235890.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5474785378235890.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>91228615
>>91229681
You are taking their seriousness about as serious or more.
It's just a bunch of kids killing time and having fun with a shows canon.
You act like they are shaking their hands like some autist when the reality is probably closer to them just posting shit before bed or on a car ride.

Hell are you trying to say you take every argument or discussion you are apart of as some sort of divine doctrine? You never just had fun debating a random ass point just to see where it take the discussion.
>>
>>91226097
That sounds pretty autistic, why not just use whatever brick works?
>>
>>91212032
>Now that we know Rick's true motivation

>implying that confession was genuine
>>
>>91229868
what if only one brick works?
>>91229885
It's a fair idea anon, he left them for dead once and was ready to leave them all for some Hivemind pussy.
>>
>>91212032
Anyone got a cap of loli beth?
>>
>>91229861
The bigger problem is all the jack fags are pissed off and being bitter about RM, so they're going in hard on the episode.
>>
I wanna see that Fieschman guy and Beth get together as a B plot throughout the season, culminating in them getting married around episode 7 or 8. Then, in episode 9 he puts his foot down about Rick taking Morty on dangerous adventures and gets Beth to kick Rick out, then Rick has to help Jerry win Beth back so he can go back to going on high-concept sci-fi adventures.
>>
>>91230223
I'm certain only a few are actually mad while most just want (You)s
>>
>>91216571
That's the point; they were trying to get rid of those structural plot lines.
>>
>>91215414
McDonald's sauce always taste different than the real thing, like how their bbq sauce isn't like what normal bbq sauce usually is
>>
>in sauce rant talks about more seasons
>already established Rick knows he's a show

Its just a callback. Calm down everyone.
>>
>>91229607
He talks a lot of shit, but he goes to a lot of trouble to protect summer and morty. I'm not contesting that he's a terrible human being, or even practically not human, but historically he has gone out of his way to keep the family safe. It's a little difficult to justify abandoning c137 family after screwing it up so bad, but I could buy only being able to take morty because no matching realities to bring the rest or something.
>>
>>91217588
Agree completely, is episode was a cynical mess

>>91217975
while that may be true, plot is one thing, narrative structure is another which was poor in this episode. Also rick and morty tends to try and have a plot in a lot of ways otherwise every episode would be self contained and nothing would change a la family guy or simpsons.

regardless, I really didnt find this episode funny at all. I just didnt see the comedy.
>>
>>91229861
haha, you took those replies serioudsly?
How serious can you be, what a cuck
>>
>>91230223
I understand angry people, but I don;t get people getting angry about others getting angry

The show they were looking foward to was cancelled on a whim. Let them be angry and vent for a while
>>
Is it me or did the show toned down its edginess? Less jokes also..
>>
>>91213154
>and the ending really left a bad taste in my mouth.
Doc's bahlls.
>>
File: rick family.jpg (235KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
rick family.jpg
235KB, 1440x900px
>>91230091
>>
File: rick family 2.jpg (289KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
rick family 2.jpg
289KB, 1440x900px
>>91232821
>>
File: 1475840804585.png (90KB, 1232x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1475840804585.png
90KB, 1232x1001px
>>91218144
>NEW REVIEW

>NEW REVIEW

>NEW REVIEW

>NEW REVIEW
>>
>>91220776
Of course reddit doesn't discuss itself, they're a self hand/cock shaking huvemind, why would they be credible and introspective
>>
>>91221284
This so hard, notice the faggots turbomad about you bashing their "perfect self conscious show". I got into a 50+ comment war on a status on cancerbook simply by commenting "I thought it was so bad", and immediately 4 Rick and morty sympathizers jumped on me like I told them to gas the Jews

I like this show too, that's the thing. But this episode was pure trash. The content and pacing were off
>>
>>91221915
>>91221989
It's not even the choice of writing that bothers me, it's the lack of impact accompanying it

>>91222958
How is that bad pacing or anticlimactic story resolution standard? It's literally never been that way or it wouldn't have been so noticeable. What's the "whole nother purpose" of season 2 if they just got rid of the story? Funny isn't the most important thing in a show, especially not one that fancies itself as having brains like this one does. Think before you post.

>>91223522
Idk what that is
>>
>>91218144
post your review so we can laugh at you
>>
>>91217588

It was released on April 1st for a reason. None of this will be relevant when the season resumes in summer.
>>
>>91212078
I personally prefer the return of Taco Bell's Chicken Ceasar Grilled Stuffed Burrito.
>>
>>91213380

And no one said that there were infinite possibilities (even though rick actually says there are in the show)

you were just looking for a chance to show off that little analogy you learned on a youtube video. You're so smart!
>>
File: notanargument.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
notanargument.png
54KB, 500x534px
>>91224656
>hurr durr you are /r9k/ becuase you don't hate the characters I hate
>>
>>91223595
So make his mistakes catch up with him. Have him try to supplant himself into a new family and then get caught or something, it's not hard

>>91223876
Let's not bring trump into this. He's done good other than that bullshit neocon selling internet history shit

>>91224266
Lmao

>>91224656
Firstly, you sound like you identify too much with Beth, so you're a bitch. Secondly, i feel like you only think jerry is pathetic because the show/fandom told you that. Jerry is an AVERAGE guy, a flouride water drinking braindead wagecuck, but an average guy. Next to Rick, comparatively, of course he looks inadequate. But that's not fair
>>
>>91234590
>being this autistic about a cartoon
sure is /v/ in here
go play some smash babbies
>>
>>91225405
It wasn't the rant, it was the entirety of the episode leading up to it

>>91225684
What's the difference between a real and a whole number?

>>91226098
See you've got more vision for what this show could be
>>
>>91226740
They didn't convey that at all then. Honestly, it's been so long since new eps have aired I kind of forgot. Still though, even if he is lying this episode made it so convincing because the pacing was so off you as an audience member don't have time to assume truth or not.

>>91227628
Kek

>>91228627
This

>>91228148
His hubris as the Everyman is one thing but he doesn't deserve this

>>91228615
Because they've shown the competency and continuity to have an overarching plot, IIRC Harmon or roiland actually said they wanted to keep the big lore in the background

>>91229681
This so goddamn hard
>>
>>91216808
Your first paragraph was beautiful

>>91229044
I'm starting to hate comedies lmao, but really, just having a show for jokes is one thing, but look at gumball, even they have major character moments even though comedy is clearly the priority
>>
What if this is a false episode for April Fools

What if we get what really happened this Summer
>>
>>91212312
>April fools joke
Guys, what if it literally is? What if:
>Rick is still in space jail
>the galactic federation has the most advanced simulator ever, one food enough to fool Rick
>>
>>91234997
What are you even saying? You sound like the autist here
>>
>>91234784
My review as in my comment? It's exactly what I copy pasted to the end of my post
>>
>>91212046
There's the possibility that the one he finds has the sauce be shit.
>>
>>91213921
It's nice that animators are friends
>>
File: 1414019085437.png (470KB, 537x614px) Image search: [Google]
1414019085437.png
470KB, 537x614px
>>91235640
>>
>>91217634
How can anyone care about the plot, though? The stakes are so absurd and all over the place that dramatic tension is non-existent; it's like when people talk about how they like it for "the science". The rules of both the science and the plot of the show are so nebulous, they serve no other purpose than being vehicles for jokes.
It's why the end of season 2 was so stupid, do Harmon or Roiland actually expect me to give a fuck about the characters?
>>
>>91235477
>Summer wants Rick back
>we get the real Rick and Morty this summer
Can't be a coincidence
>>
LEEL
>>
File: 1401678863419.jpg (43KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1401678863419.jpg
43KB, 500x333px
KEKT
>>
File: 1423097984869.png (98KB, 227x185px) Image search: [Google]
1423097984869.png
98KB, 227x185px
>>
>>91224179
The McDonald's where I live sells the Hot N' Spicy McChicken, anon.
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.