[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newfag here, so I don't know if rec threads are looked down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: comics.png (597KB, 866x578px) Image search: [Google]
comics.png
597KB, 866x578px
Newfag here, so I don't know if rec threads are looked down on, but yeah. Trying to get more into the comic/graphic novel/webcomic scene. These are currently my favorites. Based off of these, what else do you think I'd enjoy?
>>
File: o_922530fe.jpg (203KB, 620x847px) Image search: [Google]
o_922530fe.jpg
203KB, 620x847px
I think you should try to broaden your horizons.
>>
>>91187996
Sure. Sell me on it.
>>
>>91187692
Based off of those? How 'bout Bone, O'Malley's other comics (Seconds, Lost at Sea, etc.), I Kill Giants, and if you don't mind webcomics then Paranatural. I think those would probably be up your alley as far as entry-level stuff goes.

I'm assuming you're looking for light/cutesy Adventure + Slice of Life comics with a bit of comedy.
>>
>>91188175
I'll throw in Kaijumax while I'm at it.
>>
>>91188175
I've read a bit of Bone, and it's pretty decent. For only having read the first chapter or so (up until he meets the human girl), I'd give it a 7/10 already.

And "light/cutesy Adventure + Slice of Life" is decently accurate. I don't mind stuff getting dark (outside comics, I also really dig ATLA and the Persona games), but something that strikes a nice balance while also having a lot of great character development is what gets me going.
>>
>>91187692
>Sonic
Go read the early issues if you haven't, 1-40 is strangely underrated.

Look into Joe Kelly's "I Kill Giants", Sergio Argones' Groo the Wanderer, Carl Bark's Scrooge McDuck, and maybe some old superhero stuff like Steve Ditko's Amazing Spider-Man (1-33) or Police Comics from the Golden Age. That stuff is a range of different tones and styles that should resemble the comics you already enjoy.
>>
>>91188175
I would strongly advise against Pnat and instead suggest Usagi Yojimbo. It's far more similar to the recurring adventure and drama elements they enjoy while still being very aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>91188272
>And "light/cutesy Adventure + Slice of Life" is decently accurate
Jackie Rose
Dunno what else but if you're into cartoosn too try Wakfu
>>
Read some Tintin.
>>
>>91187692
I share a fair bit of your taste (2 out of 4 of those are my favorites, with Archie Sonic being my all time favorite despite its flaws) and I think you'd really enjoy New Teen Titans. Granted, it's a bit dated in its prose and can get really dark at times, but honestly it seems right up your alley, as it has relatively young characters dealing with both crazy action and slice of life problems.
>>
>>91187692
Prequel. It has THE best ending in the history of web comics
>>
>>91187692
Look up Dash Shaw, Bodyworld is my favorite comic from him and it's all online. Also Love and Rockets, it's an anthology by a pair of brothers with each one having their own set of characters they focus on. Starts off with a sci Fi slant and then moves onto grounded slice of life.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.