[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were these movies so bad? Even before the whole MCU became

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: thorninmyside.jpg (16KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
thorninmyside.jpg
16KB, 216x324px
Why were these movies so bad? Even before the whole MCU became "flanderized" as a whole, these movies were really generic shit...

I know some people like them, and good for you...but honestly I don't see how you think "what would make a good Thor movie franchise? Epic? Action packed? Full of insane displays of crazy godlike power" "NAH, MAKE IT MORE LIKE A ROMCOM FISH OUT OF WATER TALE" makes any sense
>>
Honestly all superhero movies out side of Batman and X-Men are shit with most of Superman 1 and 2 as the exception.
>>
They were stuck trying to make this series feel realistic. You know, the thing the 2000's were obsessed with? It also hurt because they had to have Thor be reasonably be an Avenger so he had to go to Earth. The second film was ruined cause of budget problems and the studio interference. You look at the concept art of the Dark World and see all this insane shit, but then the actual film it was a boring mess. There was that whole "Director locked out of the editing room" situation, the villain's backstory cut, and reshoots for more Loki.

Although my biggest problem was "We are not Gods". The obsession the MCU had to turn the Asgardians into aliens just annoyed me. Right down to AA Guns and Spaceships. Also the Tom Brevoort rule of "Nobody cares unless it's on Earth" which is such bullshit.
>>
>>91185835
So...what, you mean literally the films titled simply "Batman" and "X-Men" or the franchises as a whole?
>>
File: Sam-Raimi-directing-Spider-Man.jpg (153KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sam-Raimi-directing-Spider-Man.jpg
153KB, 1200x600px
>>91185824
The only one who can make real hero movies is Raimi.
>>
>>91185881
Batman, Batman Returns, Begins and Dark Knight.
X-Men 1, 2, First Class, DoFP, Logan.

As a whole Batman and X-Men have the most amount of good movies.
>>
They're just terribly bland.

Still better than anything DCEU
>>
>>91185935
Oh please, I don't hate those movies but let's stop pretending they were perfect, "but muh camp"

Look, the original Spider-Man comics from your grandpas days were less silly
>>
>>91185959
Eh I can't argue with any of those films...but they've also had more movies than any other super hero franchise so, not exactly fair

Also I feel like you're missing many good movies, The Crow was bad? Blade 1 and 2 are pretty "of the times", but bad? Iron Man is bad? Captain America is bad? Incredible Hulk is bad? I can't agree

>>91185973
I would strongly disagree...for all the problems in MoS and BvS, they are largely more entertaining films than either Thor and at the very least deliver on action and making their heroes seem badass and powerful, something Thor didn't when out of all these films, it should have
>>
>>91186022
>I would strongly disagree...for all the problems in MoS and BvS, they are largely more entertaining films than either Thor and at the very least deliver on action and making their heroes seem badass and powerful, something Thor didn't when out of all these films, it should have

>it's a powerlevels episode

A, ok
>>
>>91185986
>Look, the original Spider-Man comics from your grandpas days were less silly
Not him but my grandpa was born in 1918. You are too young to post here.
>>
>>91186038
If you have nothing but fond memories of Raimi's movies, you most certainly had to be a young kid when they came out, because if you were reading or even watching the Spider-Man cartoon from years prior you were used to a much less corny and doofy product

>>91186037
>>it's a powerlevels episode
Not really, but then again you're clearly a mouse sycophant who never heard of Thor before you became indoctrinated

Thor is the god of thunder, not the god of girly flicks
>>
>>91186022
The Crow and Blade I really wasn't thinking of because they are less traditional superhero movies but they are fine. Iron Man 1 was good but I can't watch it anymore because I hate him so much now because he's shit in everything that came after. Incredible Hulk is garbage. Captain America was good but kind of blah.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.