[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Comics To Overship On 2nd Issues Of Black Bolt, Cable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 187205_1035491_1.jpg (85KB, 400x615px) Image search: [Google]
187205_1035491_1.jpg
85KB, 400x615px
>This is another example of Marvel’s new approach to over-shipping comic books. Select titles that retailers are asked to order a percentage of the previous issue’s sales with Marvel over-shipping copies to make them match the difference.

>So if retailers order Black Bolt #2 at 90% of their orders of #1, Marvel will send an extra 10% for free. So retailers should have as many second issues as they have first issues, fighting against the natural tendency for retailers to order fewer of subsequent issues.

>The same goes for Cable #2 with respect to Cable #1, and for Iceman #2 compared to Iceman #1.
>>
>>91184996

Forgot to include the source:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/30/marvel-comics-overship-2nd-issues-black-bolt-cable-iceman/
>>
Alright /co/ place your bets. How many issues does each get?
>>
>>91185007

Black Bolt - 5 - the trade will be padded with Inhumans Prime or something else.

Cable - 5 - The trade will be padded with X-Men Prime or something else.

Iceman - 10 - They'll get some positive press from non-comic sources for having a male gay solo title. Then they'll can it at 10 and claim it was always meant to go that long to keep favor with the SJWs. That also keeps it alive long enough for them to enter it into gay media awards.
>>
who gives a fuck about an extra 10%
>>
>>91184996
>>So if retailers order Black Bolt #2 at 90% of their orders of #1, Marvel will send an extra 10% for free.
Who in their right mind would order that 90% anyway?
>>
>>91184996
I really wish Iceman wasn't gay
Its so degrading

He use to be my favorite xmen
>>
File: tumblr_o87atyRRxb1s9gqb4o2_500.jpg (62KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o87atyRRxb1s9gqb4o2_500.jpg
62KB, 500x281px
>>91184996
>Marvel Comics To Overship
>>
This is retarded. No one is going to sell these extra copies. They order less of issue 2s because they don't sell as well. These extra copies will just rot.
>>
>>91185230
Marvel doesn't care. They just have to pretend they're selling so the investors don't try to fumigate their editorial.
>>
>>91185282
Yeah, but investors can check if the company is actually lying about their sales can't they?
>>
Anon with no real knowledge of sales here. What's the scam? How does this benefit Marvel? Can they claim that these series sold more because they shipped more?
>>
>>91185322
>Can they claim that these series sold more because they shipped more?
This one
>>
>>91185380
Thanks
>>
>>91185322
They're trying to get them to buy more copies of issue 2 for some extra free issues.

So let's say:
>LCS orders 10 copies of Iceman #1
>LCS orders 8 copies of Iceman #2
>Marvel says that if they order 9 copies of Iceman #2 instead, they'll get a free 10th copy
They're trying to incentivize higher #2 sales by adding free copies ontop of it. Of course, it's not going to actually accomplish anything because LCSs tend to order what they think will sell, so a bunch of free copies that won't sell is just wasted space. This only helps a LCS if the #1s were under-ordered and they ended up having more interest than the LCS expected when they ordered them.
>>
>>91185074
>gay media awards
So.....awards then.
>>
File: gi8m4e6wms9y.jpg (995KB, 1844x2376px) Image search: [Google]
gi8m4e6wms9y.jpg
995KB, 1844x2376px
>>91185289
According to store owners, Marvel has been padding their sales by doing stuff like this for awhile. Pretty sure shipping is at the store's expense too.
>>
>>91185978
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLAAD_Media_Award
>>
>>91185107
>He use to be my favorite xmen
said no one ever
>>
>>91185289
But they're not lying about "actual" sales. Marvel "actually sold" the comics. Now it's the LCS problem.

>>91185537
And a drop of only twenty percent from #1 to #2 isn't a deep enough cut.
>Justice League Power Ranger #1 - 86k
>Justice League Power Ranger #2 - 32k
>Thanos #1 - 54k
>Thanos #2 - 35k

>>91186021
I know. I was being glib.
>>
>>91184996
>if we always overship, we'll always be at the top of the charts
It's genius! Marvel does it again
>>
>>91185289
When the numbers are reported, we're given "Retail Orders" and "Unit Orders." One is based off of how much money is made and the other is based off of how many copies were shipped.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.