[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In theory, couldn't Pinocchio use his lie detector nose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: pinocchio.jpg (91KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
pinocchio.jpg
91KB, 636x477px
In theory, couldn't Pinocchio use his lie detector nose to uncover the secrets of the universe?
>>
>>91168375

It's only a lie if you're aware of what you're talking about.
>>
>>91168375
Care to elaborate?
>>
I want to fuck those donkey boys.
>>
>>91168375
It's not a lie detector. It's him recognizing the lies he tells.
>>
>>91168375

I always saw his nose of an indicator of him trtying to decieve people knowing that he is lying, not a seperate all knowing entity.
>>
>>91168375
But it's only a lie if he knows that what he's saying is a lie
>>
>>91168436
If Pinocchio were to state a theory, such as "It is possible to travel faster than the speed of light", would be nose grow depending on whether it were actually possible. Or are his nose growing traits limited to what Pinocchio is aware of, as >>91168427 says
>>
>>91168436
I think he's high and trying to say that Pinocchio could use his growing nose to detect falsehoods to reason out the mysteries of the universe by process of elimination.

>Aliens are real
>Nose doesn't grow
>Aliens must be real
>>
>>91168566
Holy shit, I haven't giggled this hard for a week.
>>
It's all dependent on what he expects and believes. His nose grows when he knowingly and intentionally says something false to someone, not when he makes a statement that he himself questions.
>>
>>91168427
Damn it, Anon The Destroyer of Dreams.
>>
File: 1490650330551.jpg (43KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
1490650330551.jpg
43KB, 1024x770px
>>91168375
OP, that is levels of mind fuck you don't want to go down on.
>>
>>91168375
The big nosed guy who wrote for Monty Python made a comedy about why this woudn't work
>>
>>91169724
O rly?
>>
>>91168427
This obviously. It's about what he believes to be a lie. The same way nothing would happen if he tries the liar paradox.
>>
OP, if you're serious, check out paradoxes of infallibility.

TL;DR infallibility is """problematic""""
>>
>>91168375
if a god brought him to life, absolutely. but this was a mere fairy. she doesn't have that kind of power
>>
>>91168375
My nose will grow!
>>
>>91171078
It won't.
>>
>>91168375
It's just a lie detector, faggot. It isn't omniscience.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.