[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-factor thread? I just finished Peter David's run and want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Overall it was excellent. I didn't think a team book about d list xmen characters could have been this good. The only downsidestraight were that the beginning had a bit too many crossovers to current events (which is understandable since all the big events at the time were mutant related) and that by the end a lot of plots seemed unfinished and it doesn't seem like they've been picked up since. Plus except for Monet, most of the characters haven't been seen or just barely seen.

Did a lot of the plots get dropped because all new x factor didnt do well? I mean I know it was the same name and still peter david but it didn't seem like it tied in too much to the previous run/characters besides polaris.

Do you think we'll get to see more from Jamie, layla, strong guy, Longshot, ricktor, shatterstar, or Theresa in the near future? I know strong guy was briefly in thunderbolts and Jamie "died " by the fart clouds but I don't really count those as a big deal
>>
The shipperfag in me as a teen preferred Jamie/Siryn to Jamie/Layla. I didn't like the kid being absorbed.

Stroman's run still scars my memories but overall a great run and this along with the Madrox miniseries helped solidify Madrox as my favorite mutant.

I did think it went off the rails at the end with the Hel stuff, I preferred the investigations.
>>
>>91168449
I totally agree on the Jamie/Syren thing. I always went them to talk it out after the baby thing but they never really talked it out.
Layla grew on me over time but i was never sure if she was with Jamie because she loved him or because "she's supposed to".
Jamie definitely became one of my favorite x men characters if not my favorite. I was pretty pissed when I heard he died in the inhuman event going on. I figured they'd used the reverend John Maddrox to bring him back but I hope not since I really liked John
>>
>>91168621
Didn't you hear? Every last one of his dupes died. Every single one. At least according to Soule. Why the fuck would John be there though?

Anyways, X-Factor was thoroughly enjoyable, had a pretty good ending even though the demon shit at the end was stupid, but Peter David was recovering from a heart attack so there's that. What was your favorite moment? Mine was probably Jamie in the future with old man clops and Ruby Summers.
>>
>>91168307
X-Factor is one of those few books that can be re-read again and again every now and again to full enjoyment.

It's HARD to find series like that, especially these days.

I'd love to see more of them, but I don't trust much of the writing staff to do well by them.

>>91168449
>>91168621
I read the ending as implying Syrin/Jaime/Layla.

But that's the OT3 in me.
>>
>>91168795
Man just when I needed more things to hate about the inhuman stuff. Seriously though why kill Jamie? his ending was the only legitimately happy one out of all of them and he couldn't even have that.

The Hel stuff did get kind of dumb but even then it was still better than most marvel stuff lately. Was it a heart attack? I thought it was a stroke or at least that's what it said in the recap page. actually I really liked how he'd mention what he and his family has been up to in those I thought it was nice.

Favorite moment? There's definitely a few
>dr. doom in the future was great
>Jamie telling the registration act to fuck off and then having a framed picture of that in the office in the background.
> Jamie searching out his doops. I really like Reverend John and honestly I'd read a whole mini series with Jamie finding his dupes.
>shatterstar and rictor was pretty great too. I mean I like rahne in rictor too but shatterstar grew to be one of my favorite characters.

Although not my favorite moment, I disliked when Alex and Polaris joined up since they just felt out of place and unnatural but that's just good writing since the whole point was that alex didn't belong there and shouldn't be there.

Peter David might actually be one of my favorite writers. I've only read his x factor and spiderman but both were top notch. I hear his hulk is good as well so I may check that out next
>>
>>91169178
Hmm I never really thought about the 3 of them together. I mean it wouldnt be out of the question since Syren said she still loved him and that she thinks he still loves her too to some extent plus layla seems like she'd be cool with it.

To me I just saw that scene as "hey I'm watching out for you guys, here's where everyone is now go and round them all up " but it would have been cool to have God level Syren on the team.

Personally I think if all new x factor would have sold better that we'd eventually see the team get back togeter. it's just kind of lame that a lot of the series was layla doing things just so Jamie wouldn't die of cancer in the future just to have him die by the Terrigen cloud
>>
Im reading it. I love it

Would make a good show
>>
>>91169350
I was annoyed when new x-factor was canned. It was going places and the cast was good.
>>
FUCKING GYPSIE SHITS
>>
Shatterstar best boy
>>
>>91169522
I was thinking the same thing. Who all would you guys cast in it and as what character?

I mean if he wasn't flash I'd say grant Gustin would make a pretty good Jamie.
>>
>>91169598
Gustin as Madrox? No thanks
>>
>>91169559
yeah I mean I wish it would have had someone from the old team besides polaris like maybe shatterstar and rictor and Longshot.

>>91169627
What would be wrong with Gustin as Jamie? I may not care for the flash show anymore but I thought Gustin himself was pretty good. plus I think he has a good enough range to handle the different dupes.
That's just my opinion though, who would you like to see as Jamie? I could think of a few actors for everyone else except Monet. I have no idea who'd play her
>>
>>91169588
>Shatterstar best boy
>>
>>91168307
best X title in the last 10 years
>>
>>91168307
My general burnout on Marvel led to me stopping following it around the time Guido died, but by that point the cast had shifted around in such a way that I'd largely lost interest anyway, based on the inclusion of Darwin.
>>
>>91169253
His earlier X-Factor run was pretty good, too, if you haven't read that yet. He's also done some good work with DC.
>>
BEHOLD!
- Peter David! A guy who at first manages to make you believe his characters are well developed... until you realize that all of them are David himself, that he does with them whatever he wants, and that all of them are totally retarded.

- Peter David! A guy who, when he doesn’t know what to tell, he fills the comics with his opinions about politics, movies, TV, and books. Thus you read a comic and a blog at the same time. And if there’s still space left in the book, he tells a good joke, no matter if off-topic.

- Peter David! A guy who seems to be building up an AWESOME story but then, after 50 issues you find that his plots are going nowhere at all.

- Peter David! The writer who has been doing nothing for decades while laughing at readers.

- Peter "I gas gyps with my farts" David!
>>
>>91168307
Had started reading it back then and it was excellent but got sidetracked by crossover bullshit every other five issues so I dropped it
Fuck crossovers
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.