[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Bojack the bad guy here? He and Emily agreed to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: emily-bojack.jpg (123KB, 931x523px) Image search: [Google]
emily-bojack.jpg
123KB, 931x523px
Why is Bojack the bad guy here?

He and Emily agreed to have sex and with full consent, but Emily is somehow regretting it because she didn't tell Todd, and Todd got upset at Bojack for sleeping with her even though he wasn't interested in Emily in the first place since he announced he was asexual?

That's some seriously sloppy writing.
>>
>>91163825
Todd is selfish, and the audience is meant to like Todd
>>
I agree, what does Todd expect Emily to do? To never have sex again as long as she's with him? what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>91163969
>and the audience is meant to like Todd
>>
That's not really the point. It's not about Bojack being a ravenous pussy-hound who is insensitive to everyone else's social situations it's about him being a self-pitying attention whore looking for any excuse to be a miserable piece of shit and looking to drag anyone he can get his hands on down with him. Bojack's own reaction wasn't "what's the big deal, we're both adults"- it wasn't until he was drunk that he went looking for justification- it was "I'm such a sorry, miserable person." Todd's tired of Bojack's bullshit and so am I. It has nothing to do with his sexual adventures and whether or not they are appropriate, those are just stages on which he plays the sad, pathetic drama that is his emotional baggage.
>>
On the one hand, you don't sleep with your bro's girl. But on the other, it's not like she was Todd's girlfriend, and it's not like he actually kept ties or maintained a relationship over the years. She wasn't Todd's girl, he neglected her.

The whole asexuality angle makes me think it was just a last-minute change for ~~diversity~~, or to have a twist. Because this scenario makes more sense if Todd had unrealized feelings for her, or if they started dating after reconnecting.
>>
>>91163825
>Why is Bojack the bad guy here?
Uhh, didn't they both agree to fuck?
And it's not like Todd ever made a move on her.
>>
WTF BOJACK WHY DID YOU HAVE CONSENSUAL SEX WITH A GIRL WHO WAS ONLY MY FRIEND AND I HAD NO ROMANTIC FEELINGS FOR
>>
>>91164210
But it was a one-night stand and both agreed not to act on it ever again. Both Bojack and Emily were consenting adults who just happened to hook up.

I don't see that as him dragging her down. Putting her in an awkward position, yeah, but nothing to justify Todd's anger.
>>
If my best friend fucks up a woman's evening that badly, I will step in and get that rebound pussy. It's like leaving a pack of muffins out in the produce section. You don't have dibs on something like that at that point.
>>
>>91164236
Exactly, which is why I don't get why Todd gets offended and why Emily is guilty about it.

This anon here (>>91164210) isn't overthinking it anymore, he changed the entire context. Like, so what, he slept with his childhood friend who had the hots for him but neglected her because of MUH ASEXUALITY, so why the fuck is Todd is upset about it? Is she supposed to NOT have sex with anyone?
>>
/co/ not understanding how this was insensitive of Bojack doesn't suprise me.
>>
Do you guys lack friends?
KNOW THEE NOT THE BRO-CODE
Thou must ask thine bro before plowing a bro's ex
>>
>>91164412
I think it would have worked better if the issue was all on Todd. Like he feels bad because he couldn't satisfy Emily sexually or romantically, and he's projecting his insecurities onto Bojack. It would have been a great way to deal with Todd's canon immaturity, and make his asexuality more compelling, instead of an excuse to justify his neglect.

But no, they didn't do that.
>>
>>91164412
>Is she supposed to NOT have sex with anyone?
Not minutes after, no.
>>
>>91164260
It doesn't matter what it was (and the mutually-enforced shame that you are describing is certainly not helping the angle), Bojack acted like a guilty drag around Todd after it, then when he finally confessed to his actions (which itself was completely unnecessary and just a way to get attention on himself), he immediately pulled the camera back on himself and his "woe is me" shit. He makes no effort whatsoever.
>>
>>91164449
Explain how it was insensitive then, please.
>>
>>91163825
>>>/pol/

fuck off and die please, thanks
>>
To be fair, sex with Bojack must be one of the most miserable sexual experiences anybody has.Given that we have yet to see anybody who actually really enjoys it.

I mean... I guess you could count the owl or his managers, but one was ignoring his flaws while the other was kinda nuts.

I can't imagine anybody NOT having regret afterwards.
>>
File: 14824628079890.jpg (136KB, 542x574px) Image search: [Google]
14824628079890.jpg
136KB, 542x574px
>>91164528
>>
>>91164459
You'll get some stupid ass responses about how that's bullshit and, even though How I Met Your Mother wasn't the best, it's an important rule for not fucking up friendships.
>>
>>91163825
wasn't Emily not in a relationship with Todd?

She's free to have sex with anyone she wants. That night Emily wanted dick and when Todd didn't give it she went and found some elsewhere.
>>
>>91164502
She and Todd were extremely close and almost just fucked, and Todd was clearly upset. Immediately sleeping with each other behind his back is showing no concern for Todd's feelings.
>>
File: 1487982684212.jpg (47KB, 455x302px) Image search: [Google]
1487982684212.jpg
47KB, 455x302px
>>91164528
>anything I don't like is /pol/
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>91164485
everybody can have their feelings on todd's character, but his outburst after that scene was still pretty good.

I can't remember it word for word, but just blasting it in Bojack's face that he can't just keep fucking up and then being sorry for himself about like that makes it okay.
>>
File: 1334251216021.png (107KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1334251216021.png
107KB, 320x287px
>"Todd had no feelings for her"
>literally several scenes where he's expressed interest, but can't-into-sex and feels weird about it so he doesn't go for it

On the other hand though, he never expressly shared that with Bojack or anybody else, so there's no way he could have known.
>>
File: were they.jpg (40KB, 448x635px) Image search: [Google]
were they.jpg
40KB, 448x635px
>>91164528
>anything I don't like is /pol/
>>>/kys/
>>
>>91163825
Bros before hoes man.
You don't fuck your friends best friend. Especially not when they are going through some shit.
You should at least check to see if he is cool with it first.
>>
>>91164528
Wow. Rude AND stupid
>>
>>91164502
Asexual doesn't mean without feelings, and bojack had litterely no idea on the subject. For all he knew he was boning his essentially best friend's girl after they had a rough night.
>>
>>91163825

>Why is Bojack the bad guy here?

They were drunk.

>>91163969

This.
>>
One thing is that bojack's dick is essentially confirmed poison, there's pracitically no woman that doesn't hate bojack now, and he's doing this with someone very important to Todd who his feelings are currently very complicated.
>>
>>91164376
>leaving a pack of muffins in produce
That would imply that Todd had like met her in a bar or something.
This was his best friend.
It would be more like you went to your friends house and saw he bought a video game but had no intention of playing it so you took it home and beat it.
Some people might get pissed off that you just took the game instead of asking to borrow it.
>>
>>91164412

The problem isn't what Bojack did and Emily did, it's because both of them did it knowing it might hurt Todd, and they ultimately decided their fifteen minutes of goodtimes was worth more than that.
>>
Her bf was a childish idiot. There's no excuse for cheating. I think her and Bojack and her are both equally to blame.
>>
I want to see high as fuck Bojack grab Todd by the dick and just shove it up Emily's cunt while rambling about pesto sauce and canolis. Todd is crying, Emily is smiling.
>>
>>91163825
So is it a horse dick or a human dick?
>>
>>91164997
Horse, definitely. Todd will never be able to satisfy her.
>>
File: 1407412673913.png (186KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1407412673913.png
186KB, 332x512px
I feel like most of /co/ is only defending Bojack in this situation because they either identify with or self-insert as him, which really shows the moral backbone of your average /co/ user.
>>
>>91165161
Nah, people fucking hate bojack after the double deer stuff. People have come to haye todd more, tho.
>>
>>91165161
>why aren't guys identifying with the asexual male character
>>
>>91165161
Todd is a complete moron, if you actually empathize with him, it says more about you as well.
>>
If you're asexual and you're with a partner who's not, you'd have to be a real dumb shithead to think they shouldn't be allowed to go out and have sex with whoever they want. Just you're not going to be part of their sex life, doesn't mean they can't have one.

The solution: stop being a fucking snowflake and realize that sex is part of a relationship, and if you can't provide it, at least step aside.
>>
>this thread again

ITS NOT ABOUT THEM BANGING YOU STUOID FUCKING MONKEYS

TODD CLEARLY STATES HES UPSET WITH BOJACK FOR MAKING EMILY FEEL AWKWARD AFTER THE WHOLE ORDEAL. ITS NOT ABOUT THE SEX ITS ABOUT HOW BOJACK DEALT WITH IT AFTER
>>
I think an important thing to remember is that Todd has been living on Bojack's couch for years. He has seen every one of the hundreds of women Bojack has bedded go into his room at night and get kicked out in the morning. He knows that Bojack treats women like walking fleshlights, and he wasn't happy to see someone he cared about used and discarded in that way.
>>
>>91165936
Nah bro, it's entirely about the sex. Todd was jelly as fuck that emily got a meat rod and it wasn't his shizzle all in there. So, instead of facing the music he totally whacked and then said he didn't enjoy dogs in buns no more.
>>
>>91165936
>I knew something happened but I thought you just gave her one of your weird monologues how about how sad you were, and it bummed her out.
It is specifically the revelation they had sex that sets him off
>>
>>91165987
Nah dawg Todd had plenty of chances and if he really wanted it he would have gotten it.

He's mad that once again Bojack is at the center of things going wrong in his life. Maybe he could forgive him the first few times but Bojacks assholeishness drove away someone very close to Todd. Sure sex was part of setup but the nail in the coffin was him being a weird douche towards Emily after the whole thing and her reaction of leaving her/todds business. I really don't think Todd cares they banged, and if he did, he would have stated such instead of telling Bojack he was a douche for being weird towards her afterwards and driving her away
>>
>>91164898
They weren't together, hell that was the one of the first times they even saw each other in years.
>>
>>91165987
They weren't even seriously in a relationship. That's how fucking dumb Todd is for getting all mad about it. If I was Bojack, I wouldn't even feel bad.
>>
>>91166387
It doesn't matter. They were close friends and exes. You don't fuck your friend's ex, and you don't fuck your friend's good friend unless you know they're ok with it. The fact that Bojack's life is a vortex of suffering that he tries to suck everyone around him into makes it worse. Of course Todd wouldn't want him getting Emily involved in his bullshit.

I feel like the people who don't understand why Bojack's behaviour was dodgy or why Todd was mad must be lacking in close friends or have a very simplistic understanding of human relationships.
>>
>>91166580
Todd needed to grow some balls. Bojack had Emily sucking on his because he had it, even though he's an emotional trainwreck as most people with huge egos are.
>>
>>91164997
Its been said before, but the writers should be commended for going 3 seasons without a single horse dick joke.
>>
>If you're asexual and you're with a partner who's not, you'd have to be a real dumb shithead to think they shouldn't be allowed to go out and have sex with whoever they want. Just you're not going to be part of their sex life, doesn't mean they can't have one.

>The solution: stop being a fucking snowflake and realize that sex is part of a relationship, and if you can't provide it, at least step aside.

This. I have a coworker who was engaged and her fiance cheated on her before they got married. Turns out that she's "asexual" and he explained his actions by wanting to "try it" before they got married.

Poor (catholic) bastard was looking at a lifetime of marriage with an asexual woman who would never want to sleep with him, and might actually never sleep with him. She viewed him as the bad guy and for once in my life I really couldn't blame a guy for cheating.
>>
File: 1489649329792.jpg (44KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
1489649329792.jpg
44KB, 680x765px
Do people care about bro-codes anymore?

I had two friends who had been best friends since middle school. One of them was super pissed because the other cut him off for trying to fuck his ex a day after they broke up. He was like "I can't believe he'd drop a friendship like that over one little mistake!". Then he got super pissed when he found out the same dude made out with his girlfriend when they had a break for a week (he was super mad at his gf too, even though he fucked two girls during that time).
>>
>>91163825
Because despite what people, and especially liberals, like to continue spouting, consent doesn't immediately make everything good and proper. There's more to morality than simple freedom.
>>
>>91168018
One day after they broke up? That's uncool, but when compared to your story, Bojack's deal with Emily is incredibly mild.

Thing is, Todd never tried anything with Emily, I don't exactly remember if they kissed or not, but he cut off all connections from her for a handful of years and they've suddenly encountered each other again.

Emily tried her luck again with Todd, but to no avail, he ran away like the stoner wimp he is. Bojack asked, and Emily consented, but somehow that makes Bojack an asshole because Emily isn't supposed to have sex with anyone since she's Todd's friend.
>>
>>91164528
good bait
>>
>>91168018
Yeah the difference here is that Todd is an asexual snowflake so he shouldn't care about sex at all.
>>
>>91168018
Your friends sound like insecure morons. You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.