[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like it's not really Samurai Jack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 46

File: 1489269678815.jpg (204KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489269678815.jpg
204KB, 790x1200px
Does anyone else feel like it's not really Samurai Jack we deserve? It's okayish so far but nothing groundbreaking or worth remembering.

So far I wish it didn't exist, it leaves bad taste in my mouth for being mediocre after 13 years of waiting, my opinion of course.
>>
>>91155714

The weak baiters have no place with Aku
>>
File: co - Lets _1490702387607.png (183KB, 860x860px) Image search: [Google]
co - Lets _1490702387607.png
183KB, 860x860px
>>91155714
I think it's just you, anon.
Sorry
>>
Instead of derailing it and claiming
>bait
and adding to another fucking thread of endless shitposting, instead I'll ask

What did you expect out of it? It's been pretty goddamn satisfactory to me. Maybe it's a little lame that the sisters got pulverized in a single episode, but it IS Samurai Jack and that's kind of it's thing.
>>
>>91155714
It's just you anon.
>>
>>91155774
>Maybe it's a little lame that the sisters got pulverized in a single episode

I got less upset about this when my friend pointed out that the Daughters were explicitly trained not to help one another when one of them is in danger. Like, they obviously learned out to synchronize their attacks, but other than that they had a "Every man for himself" mentality drilled into them that Jack was obviously able to exploit.
>>
To be honest I love it. IT's big and dramatic and has a strong sense of narrative focus now, and despite how easy it could take that idea and drift into "and nothing happens this episode" like SU does far too often, the story has moved forward pretty consistently so far.

If I had a complaint to give it's that the editing can be...weird. This was most noticeable in the first episode, it's gotten alot better since.
>>
>>91155714

> Does anyone else feel like it's not really Samurai Jack we deserve?

We don't ~deserve~ anything...
>>
>>91155900
This is the truest thing I've ever read on /co/.
For any situation.
>>
File: tumblr_ms5lwlBlb71s5p5m0o1_500.gif (1000KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms5lwlBlb71s5p5m0o1_500.gif
1000KB, 490x367px
It's just a side project for Genndy before he moves on to another shitty movie for Sony. That and low budget make it somewhat unpleasant.

Think about it - they didn't even bother to fix continuity errors which are easy to spot as fuck. That says something.
>>
>>91155959
>hey didn't even bother to fix continuity errors which are easy to spot as fuck. That says something.

That they weren't going to let a few minor continuity slips from a decade ago get in the way of the narrative they created to give the show a proper send-off?

I honestly don't give a shit of Jack "ACTUALLY!!!!" killed a human or two already in the original series; in general, it's obvious that taking a life is something Jack generally tried to avoid and was uncomfortable with, and the emotional arc covered in the first half of Episode 3 where he comes to term with the fact that killing in self-defense is an act he has to come to peace with was totally worth a minor continuity error.
>>
>>91155959
but Genndy reached out to Cartoon Network to do this season.
>>
>>91156064
By continuity errors I meant issues like Jack having his boots in one shot and not having them in another etc.
>>
>>91155959
I'll take a low-budget side project over nothing at all.

Only 3 episodes in and it's become the only cartoon that I'm genuinely hyped and looking forward to within the last 7 or so years.
>>
>>91156108
>I'll take a low-budget side project over nothing at all.

Well, look at new Berserk anime and say that again. You either do it well or don't do it at all.
>>
>>91155714
I don't give a damn about Jack since it's gonna be 10 episodes long

>but it's the finale!
that's quite the challenge huh? finish the story of a cartoon that's been dead for years in just 10 episodes, no pressure.
it's obviously not going to please everybody and it's more than likely to be dissapointing.

but what I think is the worst offender is the addition of new characters,namely the aku girls, instead of revisiting past storylines and filling plotholes like the scientist that escaped in a rocket,or the momotaro babby they giv us these throwaway characters whose whole purpose is to die, whoever thought the akugirls weren't going to job is delusional
>>
>>91155714
your opinion is shit
>>
>>91156278
>plotholes

That would imply there was plot to begging with
>>
File: IMG_6861.png (421KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6861.png
421KB, 1280x720px
>>91155714
That was the old aku Anon, this is the new aku, and he doesn't really care about groundbreaking or fancy new material nobody's ever tried before. If you want to be a revolutionary, go ahead.
>>
>>91155714
It feels weird saying this unironically but stop being an entitled cunt.
>>
>>91155714
Yeah, it feels pretty cheap so far. Jack not having his sword? What's the point? I can already tell it's going to appear in the very end in a very unsatisfying manner because it's so underused.

It's not a good conclusion.
>>
>>91156418
Except old Samurai Jack was far more interesting than this new shit
>>
>>91156219
The Berserk anime is just VERY badly done
>>
>>91156475
You are more than welcome to stop watching it and fuck off, then
>>
>>91156520
Thanks for your permission, I'll spare myself massive disappointment that will eventually emerge when you realize it was all just a rushed piece of shit.

Genndy should kill himself for making this abomination.
>>
>>91156475
No it wasn't, you were younger then. Go rewatch the old episodes and then watch the new ones again. The new episodes carry the same spirit of the old ones, with the added age.

Genndy wanted to turn samurai jack into a movie but couldn't fit everything he wanted to do into 90 minutes. So we get a 5hour movie/short season.

**most samurai jack seasons have 13 episodes**
**this one is 10**
I think you're suffering from depression Anon, and are having difficulty finding joy in new things.
>>
>>91155900
This.
>>
>>91155714
>Does anyone else feel like it's not really Samurai Jack we deserve?
You're right, it's too good for this shithole.
>>
File: 1489711722877.jpg (9KB, 300x198px) Image search: [Google]
1489711722877.jpg
9KB, 300x198px
>>91155714
the only bad thing it has is the low budget it has.
It could be epic if more money is invested.
>>
>>91156581
I watched old episodes when they were on the adult swim marathon and they were far better

>better music
>better animation
>better artstyle
>more memorable moments

This new season has nothing of it
>>
>>91156556
Man, between this and every video game in the world being shat on these days, I'm just convinced there are people who are never, ever happy with anything.
>>
>>91156621
Are you taking the aging into account?
>>
>>91156625
Hey, just a tip but maybe everything these days is just bad and you are so used to it that you stopped seing that. Really, think about it. I still like stuff but when I feel like something's wrong, I FEEL IT.
>>
>>91155959
>It's just a side project for Genndy before he moves on to another shitty movie for Sony

Actually that's not true. His last project with Sony was a hotel Transylvania sequel and once that ended he didn't really know what he wanted to do next. He did a few cons and realized people were asking about an ending for Samurai Jack so he reached out to Mike Lazzo to see if anyone was interested.

Depending on the show's reception, he might have more cartoon kino in the works
>>
The issue with you motherfuckers is that you make it look better than it really is, because you waited so long that you can't pass a thought that this may be bad.

Stop being hyped like retards and start thinking straight. It's just another cartoon on low budget, nothing remarkable about it.
>>
File: jackass.png (48KB, 599x282px) Image search: [Google]
jackass.png
48KB, 599x282px
>>91156714
>If I don't enjoy it then everyone else must be pretending
Hi, Randall.
>>
File: 1461242392269.gif (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461242392269.gif
12KB, 200x200px
>34 posts
>21 unique posters
mkay
>>
>>91156714
Can you explain what about Samurai Jack isn't as superb as we claim?

Aside from animation errors and a couple of things in combat the show is literally perfect so far.
>>
>>91156714
I didn't know there was a reboot until last weekend and have barely seen the originals and I think it's great
>>
>>91156767
>people discuss stuff
mkay
>>91156753
You just make it look better than it really is and when someone claims that it isn't actually that good - you act like complete autists
>>91156769
too much music, the plot feels weak so far (its another someone wants to kill jack episode)
>>
>>91156831
I mean there's like a dozen posts in here about it being a low budget hack job using the exact same style of phrasing that until now never actually answered anyone in the thread.
>>
>>91156105
oh, well that's just inexcusable
i sure hope someone got fired for that blunder!
>>
>>91156831
>too much music, the plot feels weak so far (its another someone wants to kill jack episode)

This is literally a subjetive complaint, which is also hard to believe considering the too much music complaint comes from the fact that the original indeed didn't have that much music but saying the plot is weak is stupid because it's literally the same type of story you would get from the original.

Did you even liked Samurai Jack to begin with? Ask yourself that for a second.
>>
>>91156105
Are you talking about the scene where we see him lose his boots but then you see the boot tracks in the temple?
>>
this sounds dumb but jack actually made me excited for something again

it's like when i was a kid and i would always get excited when a new episode of spongebob or something would come up every week, only now i'm an adult
>>
File: (YOU!).gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
(YOU!).gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>91155714
>>
>>91156883
Yeah, it got worse in ep3.
>>
>>91155959
You're literally complaining about one shot per episode, its like leaving a small stain on a beautiful painting are peole gonna really gonna care about the painting or the stain?
>>
>>91155959
>continuity errors
You mean nitpicking
>>
>>91156897
They were fake anon, as proved like a minute later when after the daughter follows them he pops out of the ceiling without his boots still.
>>
>>91155714
I think it's been very good already and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
>>
>>91156890
Holy shit, this, I also felt the same with JoJo.

PART 5 WHEN YOU CUNTS
>>
>People complaining about the new SJ season
Well, it was bound to happen eventually, I'm guessing we'll have threads where people are unsatisfied with how they end things
>>
>>91156956
read the manga
>>
I don't like his PTSD friend, it feels like it's done very poorly. And was there a deeper meaning to the white wolf in episode 3? It felt like a deus ex to save his ass for no reason
>>
>>91156859
It's the same guy just shitting on something.
>>
>>91156966
I'm already reading steel ball run and it's amazing, this fucking background art, Araki can't be human.
>>
>>91156957

The only complaints so far that I've seen levied that aren't pure trolling for (You)'s is the minor animation errors. (Bear-no beard, boots-no boots, club-no club)

These things add up to literally than three seconds of screen time, and yet it's the only thing people can say in an over an hour of animation is bad about the show. 3. Seconds.
>>
>>91156981

That wolf was in the second episode, and he was just there. Samurai Jack always had shit like this.
>>
>>91157008
When little errors stack up, they get big enough to ruin the show, you know. 3 episodes and there were more errors than in the entire 4 seasons of old Samurai Jack.
>>
You fags are working fast with this one. Is this the fastest /co/ started to turn on something?
>>
>>91157008
I hate to be that guy but I do have another complaint, 2 actually.

First is the Wolf, at first I thought it was a metaphor but in episode 3 he literally shows up and saves Jack, for no reason.

And the second one it's when Jack is fighting the daughters in the snow, Jack swings the bat at them and then stops to take a breather, I seriously do not understand why the FUCK did they not attack him there.

Minor, but saying that aside animation SJ has been flawless is wrong.
>>
>>91157042
I dont like it since episode 1 and so far it's getting worse.
>>
>>91157002
Yes that's what I was saying
>>
>>91157076
They didn't attack him because he was on guard.
>>
>>91157083
You never liked SJ in the first place.
>>
>>91157110
I like the old one. Was simpler yet better.
>>
>>91157103
No he wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-K4xyRDt6o

2:10, please explain me why they didn't kill him right there.
>>
>>91157139
I'm telling you! Jack had no openings.
>>
>>91156831
>the plot feels weak so far (its another someone wants to kill jack episode)
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND was all the plot there ever was. The Daughters appearing in 3 episodes in a row is the most continuity since Scotsman saves Jack.
You're basically complaining it's too different while complaining it's too same.
>>
>>91156669
Or, maybe, you are a asshole that never learned enough about art to criticize it.

Glad you are missing out. Some people don't deserve to be happy. You are one of them. Enjoy that at least.
>>
>>91157103
Not to mention he had already kill 3 of them becouse they were careless
>>
>>91157164
Anon, are you baiting?
>>
>>91157133
Explain how the episode 1 fights are worse than the standard fight scenes in the old episodes.
>>
>>91157139
They themselves might have been out of stamina just like him.
>>
>>91157171
I've seen enough fucking episodes of Samurai Jack to realize how he fights.
>>
>>91157187
Then why aren't they breathing or something? They are just standing there.
>>
>>91157179
He never said anything about the fight scenes.
>>
>>91157139
Why didn't Aku kill Jack the few times he was able to?
>>
>>91155714
What would be a Samurai Jack deserving of your refined tastes, OP?
>>
>>91157224
That is a problem Samurai Jack has, correct.

I never claimed the original to be perfect, either. Jack learns to Jump Good being the prime example of it.
>>
File: 1490654420948.png (672KB, 969x767px) Image search: [Google]
1490654420948.png
672KB, 969x767px
>>91157038
It's animation for television. Errors are basically inevitable because of how cheap the budget is. Even movies, animated or otherwise, make mistakes like this for time to time.

Is it weird that Jack gets his boots back for a brief shot, or there are 8 figures from an overhead shot during the tomb scene? Sure, but it doesn't bother me so much that I drop the show.
>>
>>91157203
That's 70% of the appeal for Samurai Jack. It's an action cartoon.
>>
>>91157224
Aku was never as serious as the daughters were portrayed to be
>>
>>91157076
The wolf doesn't save him, Jack saves himself. It just shows up and hangs out with him. It could also be seen more as a metaphor for Jack's inner survival instinct than a literal wolf.
>>
I'm ignoring the OP cause what the hell do you mean deserve? After contributing nothing, a show you like was resurrected and you feel shortchanged? I'll be sure to let the Cartoon Gods know you're displeased next time I pass through whatever fantasy land you live in where anyone deserves anything.

sorry, rant over
N.E.Waze, I never watched Samurai Jack as a kid. It seemed lame, and that's as much reason to avoid it as I needed back then.

Is it worth watching as an adult?
To give an example of my tastes, Dune and The Dark Tower are my favorite books, Sandman, Lucifer, and Watchmen my favorite comic books, Bojark Horserman and Avatar are my favorite cartoons (that I can think of atm).

Btw I'd appreciate any other recommendations too. Currently reading the Invisibles but it's sort of meandering and unfocused so far.
>>
>>91157281
Not really, the wolf feeds Jack, protects him from the cold and helps his wound to heal, nor metaphors or actual wolves would do that.
>>
>>91156669
>maybe everything these days is just bad
How can someone unironically say "back in MY DAY..." and still expect to be taken seriously?
>>
>>91157275
He was literally delivering a killing blow in the graveyard episode. For some unknown reason, he loosed his hold on Jack when the sword failed.
>>
>>91157320
Shock obviously.
>>
>>91155714
I kinda feel you, OP.
The tone is different from previous seasons, It feels like its trying to be a 'big boys' cartoon, but its like something is missing from the samurai that was flung into the future and tries to go back to the past.
Jack changed, and Im not sure if I like this change or not.
Ill have to watch more episodes as they come out and see, I guess.
>>
>>91157243
If you nitpick every instance where plot armour is too far fetched, you'll never enjoy an action movie or show again.
>>
>>91157303
Jack was the one who stopped himself from actually bleeding, though. The wolf just made him a bit more comfortable
>>
File: Hirohiko Araki.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hirohiko Araki.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>91157005
Do take in mind the fact that THIS MAN right here is 56 years old
And he looks like he's barely in his 30's

I bet he himself has a Stand
>>
>>91157356
Except for, you know, scaramouche, or the scenes with aku
>>
>>91155714
>nothing groundbreaking
very true. i wish there were more experimental cartoons pushing the boundaries of animation and writing, unfortunately TV isn't a place for that. It takes a lot of money and time to make a cartoon so its more about execution and doing what people know already works.
what made samurai jack originally so captivating was its visual direction, sense of atmosphere and the action. it came out at a time when cartoons like billy & mandy, Duck Dogers, EEnE, were the norm. the only network cartoons getting pushed were comedy where slapstick humor was the omnipresent force behind every show on cartoon network, so a show centered around action, art, and a little bit of drama was really refreshing.
personally, I think it still is. I still get the sense that samurai jack is one of a kind and stands apart from its contemporaries entirely. the only thing that's changed is that art and visual aspects take a much more central role in all cartoons we're seeing today

but at the same time co is getting meme bombed pretty hard by SJ which is killing the vibe
>>
>>91157356
Yeah, I agree. It doesn't feel the same, I'd rather watch more old Jack instead of this derailed old man.
>>
>>91157224
>>91157243
C'mon guys, are you stupid?

The reason why Aku never killed Jack when he had the perfect opportunity is the same reason why the Joker never kills Batman. It's not enough to just kill your rival, they want to completely destroy them before they kill them. In Aku's case he wants to assert complete dominance over Jack before he killed him.

Well, until Jack wizened up and Aku realized he can't just do that shit. Then Aku actually got scared and went to hide, willing to wait out Jack dying naturally.
>>
>>91157363
I usually don't enjoy action shows, you are correct in that one. Unless it's anime and usually just because it's so over the top that it's obvious you shouldn't take it seriously.

If something tries to be serious but doesn't really keep itself believable or consistent then it loses points, that's how action storytelling works.
>>
>>91157375
What about those?
>>
>>91157038
I didn't even notice these supposedly awful, immersion-ruining errors until sperglords started screeching about it.
>>
File: 1486951795852.png (340KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486951795852.png
340KB, 640x480px
>>91155714
I have purposely not got on this hype train and I'm still loving this as much, if not more so than the older jacks. (or atleast some.)

You know they did a damn good thing right where in the first episode they establish shit's still fucked by aku, beetlebots, jack's too old for this shit, and a Scattapratpackscoobidydoobitybopbowopbeebop robot with that fucking amazing voice.
>>
>>91157283

As a kid i was a spaz with little patience and liked SJ but it drag on too much sometimes for my taste, but i really liked the action and the humor

As an adult i actually grew to really like those moments of quiet and still like the action and the humor

Give it a chance if you want
>>
>>91157409
Your complaint was that it was trying to hard to be adult, but it still had scenes that are reminiscent from the earlier show. In fact, they take up half the episode.
>>
>Shows comes back from the dead
>It's actually good, something that almost never happens
>/co/ still bitches
>>
>>91157414
Watch more carefully then, because those are easy to spot. Episode 3 was by far the worst in that regard, the whole fight was ruined because of those errors.
>>
Where can I watch the other seasons? I earn a catch up before watching new season
>>
>not groundbreaking

boy it's samurai jack

it's a cartoon that started off as being "cool future stuff mixed with pretty boring fights and occasionally a robot to fight" but at the end of the episode almost every fight ended the same: Jack slashes, the screen goes black with a white line through it, and when it comes back the robot's in half with a few wires and sparks coming out. The new season I haven't seen that happen yet and I'd say it's all the better for it.
>>
File: 1474173088716.png (8KB, 400x391px) Image search: [Google]
1474173088716.png
8KB, 400x391px
>>91157038
Errors are inevitable, but did you stop to consider that the show itself is so enjoyable that we're really on a manhunt for 'something' that'll prove to our cathartic, stoned-heart selves that SOMETHING is wrong with it, so that we start nitpicking at the tiniest errors where in other shows we would hardly even spend the effort typing about it?
>>
>>91157439
List them.
>>
>>91155714
You're full of shit.
>>
>>91155714
>Does anyone else feel like it's not really Samurai Jack we deserve? It's okayish so far but nothing groundbreaking or worth remembering.

Nearly all animation for adults, or hell, just western animation in general, are people standing around talking. It was the same when Samurai Jack originally premiered. I consider a departure from that groundbreaking to some extent.
>>
>>91157452
Not him, I don't know why do you think that someone can't enjoy something and also point out it's flaws.
>>
>>91157439
i didn't notice any. i thought it was a great episode
>>
>>91157430
True.
Thats why Im waiting to see where this is all going to go.
It took up to first plot-unrelated episodes for original to hook me up.
>>
>>91157485
Not saying he's not enjoying the show, I'm just pointing out the common scenario we see in shows, and in real life occasionally.

"Shits good. I like it. There's got to be something wrong with it somewhere."
>>
>>91157453
From the top of my head
>when jack is surrounded by 3 girls and starts to run, one of them magically teleports to the other side
>when ashi fights with jack, he doesnt have a chain on his hand when he should have

Its so easy to spot that I rolled my eyes when i saw it and because of that I lost focus on that fight (and any interest at that point)
>>
>>91157510
This would imply that I actively search for things that I don't like, when I just notice them.

It's not that I'm in the hunt for something bad, it's just that they just happen.
>>
>>91157139

He wasn't tired. He sprints off literally seconds later. Believe it or not, approaching a crazy man with a bat because he seems a little winded after swinging it wildly is not a guaranteed way to kill a person.

Fight scene pacing being broken up by stare downs is a staple of the show and the action genre in general. This is a really silly thing to complain about.
>>
>>91155714
Your Mother wishes you didn't exist, and was only a bad taste in her mouth.
>>
>>91157429
>Give it a chance if you want
I mean, that's sort of implicit. I guess I'm going to have to watch it myself but I get the feeling I'm not going to be super impressed.

Could anyone recommend some episodes to try out? I assume the first one or two, but after that, what are the best ones to get a feel for it? Any favorites?
>>
>>91157514
You're fucking autistic, anon. I just rewatched it, those supposedly episode ruining mistakes are maybe two seconds. I had to pause it a few times to even see the second one.

The wounds he gets vanishing immediately after the injury does annoy the fuck out of me though.
>>
>>91157606
The usual recomendations are

Jack and the Hounted House
Jack and The Scotsman
Jack and the Zombies
Tale of X9
Birth of Evil 1 & 2

And a fuck ton more, there were a lot of great episodes a lot of good episodes and only 2 or 3 considereted bad episodes, those are jack and the farting dragon (the title says it all) and some other that i forget the name

Other anons might get you a better list, sorry man
>>
>>91156556
>Genndy should kill himself for making this abomination.

Perhaps the same could be said about your whore mother.
>>
>>91157283
If you like Bojack you'll like Samurai Jack. I love BJH but it's not even in the same league as Samurai Jack.
Also the Invisibles is surrealist and weird, but the plot is pretty razor sharp once Dane joins the group. Are you literally in the first arc?
>>
>>91157606
Three Blind Archers
All of the Scotsman episodes
Samurai vs Ninja
Jack and the Spartans
>>
>>91157139
It's a pleb filter
>>
>>91157606
My favorites are:

Jack and the Lava Monster
Jack and The Traveling Creatures
Four Seasons of Death
>>
>>91155714
It's decent.

I just wish all the "it's even better than the original show!!!!!!!!!!!!" faggots would cease to exist though.
>>
>>91157606
>favorite action episode
Jack and the Ultrabots

>favorite humourous episode
Chicken Jack

>favorite adventurous episode
Jack and the Traveling Creatures

>favorite spoopy episode
Jack and the Haunted House

>favorite emotional episode
Tale of X9

>favorite artsy episode
Samurai vs. Ninja

>favorite Aku episode
Aku's Fairy Tales
>>
>>91155714
>mediocre after 13 years of waiting
I see what we have as the best case scenario for a show that's brought back after 13 years. Usually relaunches end up terrible, and I honestly couldn't imagine Jack coming back after the death of Mako. Plus I was pretty sure Genndy had lost his touch after seeing Symbionic Titan.

I was completely ready to ignore this show if I thought the first episode was weak, but instead I've only been getting more into it with each episode. There's a variety of things I could nitpick about the show, but in broad strokes they got it right. The cinematic approach is there, the design is solid, and the action is tight.
>>
>>91155900
>>91155929
>>91156595
Fuck you anons, after over a decade of waiting we deserve quite a bit.
>>
>>91155714
As I said in another thread, episode 1 was brilliant. If only the show had continued like that instead of going for girl powah.
>>
>>91158343
>episode 1 was brilliant. If only the show had continued like that instead of going for girl powah.
>Literally all the girls besides one are all dead two episodes later
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>91158426
>besides one
two
>>
>>91158438
Such girl powah
>>
>>91158309
Waiting does not make you deserve a thing. You can wait for a girl to notice you your whole life, but none of them will ever owe it to you
>>
>>91158577
found the SJW
>>
>>91158582
found the cuck
>>
>>91155959
>hey didn't even bother to fix continuity errors which are easy to spot as fuck
The OG series had these, which for a non-serial show is pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>91155959
>low budget
Was this confirmed? It certainly doesn't seem as though it's lacking in budget.
>>
File: doggo.jpg (49KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
49KB, 500x667px
Stop shitposting and post more lewd S5E1 doggos
>>
>>91158683
lolwut
>>
File: 1446254935356.png (227KB, 314x438px) Image search: [Google]
1446254935356.png
227KB, 314x438px
>>91157038
that's not true at all
i love the original samurai jack but there are actually a ton of animation and continuity errors

this is very normal in western cartoons, if you need a character to check the time during a scene, you give him a watch for that scene, even if it makes no sense for the continuity
if it looks cool for jack to run in the rain with boots, you give him boots and it improves the scene
the shot with 8 sisters was just a mistake that they didnt notice or didnt have time to fix, so thats a reasonable complaint
>>
>>91156219
Berserk's problem is the director not the budget. He did lots of single episodes of good shows but most of what he's done on his own is short form comedies like Teekyuu.
>>
>>91156621
>I watched old episodes when they were on the adult swim marathon and they were far better

Your nostalgia is showing.
>>
ITT: autists sperging out about nearly invisible animation errors instead of the shit writing
baka
>>
>>91159345
And what shit writing would that be?
>>
>>91157283
The original SJ has good humor and atmosphere. The action doesn't really hold up though, and there's little to no plot.

Don't go in with too high of expectations and you might really like it.
>>
>>91158582
Are you asserting the opposite is true (that waiting for a girl means you deserve her) or are you just lashing out because reality upsets you?

Don't shoot the messenger, bro
>>
>>91158309
It's not like they intentionally withheld it for no reason. It got cancelled, what did you want the creator to do? Animate, write and score and entire season of an action cartoon he doesn't even have the rights to?
>>
File: IMG_6792.jpg (56KB, 594x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6792.jpg
56KB, 594x552px
Are you faggots honestly starting to go contrarian? Jesus fucking Christ, this isn't /tv/. You can actually have fun here.
>>
>>91157038
>tons of more errors than old show

I guess you never really paid attention of the old shows then, considering they still had animation continuity errors (that one time Da Sa-moo-rai fell into a puddle of mud, wiping it off from his glasses before the mud magically disappears without a trace for example). No, the show still had its problems as it had 13 years ago and they're much more willing to actually animate the action now rather than taking shortcuts all the time THEN end it with some random explosions here and there
>>
>>91155714
Oh boy, here come the "nu-SJ is shit" shitposts.
>>
>>91159345
So far the only error I've noticed is that the knife isn't in Jack's side for parts of the river scene. Are there others?

Still better than nuPPG.
>>
>>91156669
>Hey, just a tip but maybe everything these days is just bad and you are so used to it that you stopped seing that.

Are you real?
>>
>>91155714
I love it. It has the same spirit as the first four seasons, but now it has the ability to approach darker elements that feel organic when you realize Jack's been around for 50 years simply trying to survive.

Jack going full potential and unleashing on the Daughters was such an excellent way to give Jack a struggle without compromising his character. He's Jack, he's the best at what he does, and once he's clear on his decisions nothing can stop him.

The visuals, atmosphere, and action sequences have all been spot on. This and Beavis and Butthead are the only shows I can think of that revived and kept this much quality.
>>
>>91157166
>>91157308
>>91160054
Other anon is right, though. Pretty much everything new sucks. Sadly, it looks like both sides of politics want to double down on the "free market" that caused this in the first place.
>>
Is it wrong to enjoy something thats flawed, na it's not. Am I blind to any issue's that happen during the episode, no I'm not. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy scene's like jack in the tomb or the way ghost jack moves in the cave.
If I have a personal pick nit, its watching jack kill the daughters. They were brain washed kids on a diet of cult propaganda. They didn't understand anything of the outside world like the scene with the deer showed (It was short but huminized them a little to much for me to ignore). I understand jack's perspective thats it's their choices leading them to him and what he has to do. Yet, knowing about their past just makes me feel bad (like actually bad) for how they were killed over choices they technically didn't controll.
>>
File: butts.png (5KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
butts.png
5KB, 275x275px
> just like everyone predicted, shitposters are coming out of the woodwork to nitpick the show and pretend tiny art errors are the same as plotholes

> just like everyone predicted, shitposters are weaseling in pretending the new show is sjw shit because it has some (dead) ninja women in it

> just like everyone predicted, /co/ is too retarded to not reply to these people
>>
File: kids these days.jpg (139KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
kids these days.jpg
139KB, 600x742px
>>91160121
>>
File: 1484674153858.png (100KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484674153858.png
100KB, 600x600px
>>91160196
>just like everyone predicted, people are complaining that people are complaining about people complaining on /co/
>>
>>91160243
I'd like to file a complaint about this post.
>>
>>91160216
>not understanding that capitalism inherently destroys pretty much everything that's of real value
fucking pleb
>>
>>91160121
>free enterprise incentives laziness
>not government subsidies and welfare

Yet it is the Democrats who have actually doubled down on the whole "maximum government it great also we're totally the opposite of fascism" line.
>>
>>91160263

What u syste. insincere begging
>>
>>91160270
The Democrats and Republicans are virtually indistinguishable on economic policy. Both favor letting the rich do whatever they want, basically.
Don't confuse this with SJW policies.
>>
>>91160263
>not understanding that taking away private property rights causes unimaginable suffering

And you call others plebs. lmaoing@u rn
>>
>>91160291
Don't take away property rights entirely. Just limit them. It's very simple.
>>
File: cohen3.jpg (215KB, 630x462px) Image search: [Google]
cohen3.jpg
215KB, 630x462px
>>91156556
>Genndy should kill himself for making this abomination.
I want edgy kids to stop posting on my /co/.I mean how can you type this without cringing?
>>
>>91160282
I would like to thank you for your contributions in this and other threads.
Your opinions are very enlightening.
>>
File: 1479557060254.jpg (88KB, 830x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479557060254.jpg
88KB, 830x500px
>>91160287
Depends on the factions we're talking about. Demoblicans and Republicrats need to be lined up against a wall by both wings if anything is to be accomplished.
>>
>>91160302
>Don't literally enslave all of humanity. Just coerce them a little.
>>
File: 1477433181248.gif (274KB, 497x312px) Image search: [Google]
1477433181248.gif
274KB, 497x312px
>>91156714
Hey anon
What if
Heh you might not expect this one you rascal
What if
THE SHOW IS ACTUALLY GOOD ?
>>
File: 1383504508891.jpg (77KB, 906x768px) Image search: [Google]
1383504508891.jpg
77KB, 906x768px
>>91160121
>unironically arguing against the free market
>>
>>91160320
You say that like it's not a necessary thing to do.
Are you against government law enforcement too?
>>
>>91159454
See how they don't have any backup for their proclamations?Hilarious.
>>
>>91160378
The "free" market is shit. Pure, unadulterated shit.
Fuck you and everyone else who defends it.
>>
>>91159454
Creating arguments among people by shitposting about things I neither know nor care about is how I have fun here.
>>
Where is everyone getting the impression that the new season is low budget? It looks way better than the older seasons overall. Just because there are few mistakes overlooked doesn't mean that it's cheap. When the action is a fast as it is in Jack it's hard not to make a few mistakes and you don't even notice them the first time you watch it.
>>
>>91157320
>the immortal rape demon who has been hunting you for the past year or so finally gets a chance to stab you through the fucking heart
>it doesn't fucking work
Shit, I'd find it pretty difficult to keep that kind of focus too considering it's the only thing he's afraid of.
>>
>>91155959

This is the only TV show where I genuinely can't wait to see the next episode. I haven't had this feeling for any TV show in the past decade.
>>
>>91155714
as if you deserve something, OP
>>
>>91155714
It's the best damn thing on TV. SUfags will dispute.
>>
>nothing groundbreaking or worth remembering
>killing children on prime-time television
>>
>>91160868
No, I actually agree with you.
>>
I knew it was a matter of time until /co/ started to hate this as well
>>
>>91160868
I'll give you it's probably the best currently running animated series, but not the best thing on TV as a whole.
>>
>>91160459
>>91160263
Why do people like you breath the same air as me? It's kind of sickening how ignorant you are of how the free market works. There're systems in place for every man to succeed by their own merits; their own paths and ideals. Fervently do I belive that debt is the problem. Humans have grown addicted to it. When all it does is enslave you. You don't need a credit card. You don't need a car loan. Just take your money and make it work for you.

Stop being a whiny faggot who wants everyone to walk single file line into a work camp because your stupid ass does it for your lenders every day. That or you're an unemployed neet who has no money or motivation and thinks communism is going to give you that. Well you're wrong there. Communism makes noone want to work because nothing can be gained. Nothing is learned only the government is to gain. So take your marxist proletariat jerking off bullshit and make the market work for you.
>>
File: 1490560555270.jpg (114KB, 1702x359px) Image search: [Google]
1490560555270.jpg
114KB, 1702x359px
>>91157606
>Absolute essentials:
First three for Plot.
Birth of Evil for backstory on Aku.

>Godlike episodes that everyone will rag on you for not seeing:
Jack and The Scotsman
Blind Archers
Lava monster
Jack and The Zombies
Aku Infection
Bounty Hunters
Jack Versus Aku

>Amazing episodes:
The rest of the show, you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1489941696801.jpg (10KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
1489941696801.jpg
10KB, 300x245px
>>91161080
this, anyone that promotes communism/socialism seems to forget that it's only use is to starve the nations people of it's wealth, and once things go to shit globalist vultures swoop down and buy shit on the cheap

and we all know who the globalist are.
>>
>>91161080
>being this butthurt someone tells it like it is
Take what fucking money? Where I'm from, youth unemployment is so high it's practically pointless to even look for a job, and there's basically no way out of the country. Fuck you.
>>
>>91161112
You literally described modern capitalism.
>>
>>91161130
compare capitalist countries to socialist ones, and not the partial ones.
then compare fully socialist countries to capitalist ones.

Venezuela's are starving on the streets and there's barely anything, some people are also cannibalizing others.
heck China is only socialist/communist in name now cause they couldn't keep their system afloat.
>>
>>91161176
I'm in an extremely free-market country, and I just posted this: >>91161113
>>
>>91161186
where are you from.
and did you invest in a liberal arts degree.
>>
>>91157283
The journey Jack goes through reminds me a little bit of Roland, except Jack is alone throughout most of it and is more unambiguously heroic than Roland. The new season though has him leaning more to the antihero side, similar to Roland.
>>
>>91161196
I was speaking in general, not about me personally. But no, I don't have a liberal arts degree.
If I tell you which country you'll just try to find some bullshit excuse, or tell me "it's not that bad". But let me assure you, here you'll find STEM majors working the very few service sector jobs still around, since there basically aren't any other jobs.
Non-STEM majors tend to do drugs, scam the government, and/or find temporary ways to leave the country (if they're not dual citizens by birth).
>>
>>91155714
ur opinion is shit get off my /co/
>>
>>91155714
What's you talking about? The last two eps were fucking amazing!
>>
File: 1490608892814.png (92KB, 262x220px) Image search: [Google]
1490608892814.png
92KB, 262x220px
>>91161330
>I won't tell you which country I live in so you won't be able to pull out statistics and look into it.

okay then, fuck off with your anecdotal evidence
>>
>>91161389
There are NO statistics for this shit. Where are you gonna find data showing how many STEM majors flip burgers? The closest thing I've found is the percentage of those with degrees who are employed in their fields, but the numbers are complete bullshit - like 99% in every field.
>>
File: 1489922845118.png (90KB, 303x304px) Image search: [Google]
1489922845118.png
90KB, 303x304px
I am 80% sure that we are no longer discussing cartoons.
>>
File: tier-list.png (1001KB, 692x1907px) Image search: [Google]
tier-list.png
1001KB, 692x1907px
>>91157606
>>
>>91155774
Sorry the new Jack isnt the fan fic you've been imagining for the past 10 years
>>
>>91161511
Oops wrong reply lol
>>
File: Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif (38KB, 380x240px) Image search: [Google]
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif
38KB, 380x240px
>>91161462
>>
File: zap2it.jpg (155KB, 790x790px) Image search: [Google]
zap2it.jpg
155KB, 790x790px
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP00451702&t=Samurai+Jack&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on
>>
>>91161540
Oh fuck, this show is finished. I'm calling it now.
>>
>>91161450
since you refuse to let me look into the country you reside in and look into the statistics/evidence of what you claim and only use anecdotal evidence it is safe to assume you suck massive amounts of cock and are lying out of your ass.
>>
Lads, post daughters of Aku for mt THINN folder
>>
>>91161540
It doesn't sound half bad; something really good could come out of this.
>>
>>91161540
DAUGHTERFAGS ETERNALLY BTFO

>>91161551
I have faith in Genndy.
>>
>>91161576
But I admit it, the statistics don't support my case. That doesn't change the fact that I can't think of a single person my age who has a stable job in their chosen field, though. (Also, you're a shitposter.)
>>
>>91161612
It sounds like some of my worst fears for this show will actually come true.
>>
>>91161540
Can't wait for people to scream
>RELATIONSHIP?????
when that could easily imply they have a "teacher/student" relationship.
>>
File: 1489619316618.png (167KB, 530x542px) Image search: [Google]
1489619316618.png
167KB, 530x542px
>>91161624
>But I admit it, the statistics don't support my case
>you're a shitposter.

No just annoyed and called you out once I knew what you were doing.
>>
>>91161637
Aren't you exaggerating a little? How bad could it be?
>>
>>91156621
>I marathoned 52 episodes of this series I nostalgia bonered over and they were WAAAY better than the 3 episodes of what we'e seen so far.
>>
>>91161656
>once I knew what you were doing
You make that sound SO challenging.
>>
>>91161667
Based on these episode descriptions?
It's LOK all over again.

Fuck.
>>
>>91161678
yeah, you're real easy.
>>
>>91161715
???
>>
>>91161710
In what regard? Stupid main character? Forced gay ship? Dumb love triangle? Dark Avatar?
>>
File: 1490856871215.jpg (280KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490856871215.jpg
280KB, 900x900px
>>91161728
let me fuck you tender my sweet socialist parasite.
here's my discord.
tinman#7906
>>
>>91161540
This >>91161654
It's like people these days don't even know "relationship" ≠ romance. Same with "gay" is not automatically homosexual but could also simply mean happy.
>>
>>91161746
In the "creator(s) come(s) back and royally fuck(s) up their own universe, causing even the original series' popularity to drop, and ensuring that nothing connected to the franchise ever becomes popular again" regard.
>>
>>91161794
Agreed, but the 'relationship takes a turn' angle usually augurs romance when mortal danger is involved.
>>
>>91160029
-Jack's beard missing
-Daughter's weapons changing positions and shape
-8 daughters in the tomb scene
There's probably more, but those are the ones I noticed. I don't pay attention to these until re-watching.

Honestly, the animation mistakes are just nitpicking.
>>
>>91161897
True. It's not like I absolutely denied romance won't be a possible outcome, but I feel like it's way too early to judge. So far I will continue to enjoy the ride and we will see what will happen. It's not like complaining now will help change whatever ending they planned to have.
>>
File: be5.png (230KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
be5.png
230KB, 401x400px
>>91161112
Note that pure capitalism without restrictions will turn into crony capitalism within time. Just look at the banna republics for what can happen if the government let's greedy companies turn into their own little communes who pay their workers pennies deliberately. Whilst keeping them in debt like sharecroppers of old who were nothing more than glorified slaves to one holding the debt. You see people do shit like this today except they do it willingly and get on their knees sucking a banker's cock for a loan.
>>91161113
>Telling me how it is.
Someone like you has no fucking idea how it is. I don't care where you're from or what you've experienced, but capitalism is held up more by the people than communism is. Which ironically only able to function useing a powerful government based minority. Whilst the people suffer and claw for naught but loaves of bread and brittle steel.
>>
File: 1469601385279.png (742KB, 1000x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1469601385279.png
742KB, 1000x1141px
>>91161540
>>91161654
>>91161794
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the English language, but the phrase "burgeoning relationship" is implicitly romantic. It would be inappropriate to use for a non-romantic context.

I'm excited to see everyone collectively lose their shit when they inevitably kiss.
>>
>>91155714
They could have at least made the art better. They didn't even bother shading it.
>>
>>91155714
Oh go play Duke Nukem Forever, you deserve it.
>>
>>91155714
IT BEGINS
>>
>>91162167
>I'm excited to see everyone collectively lose their shit when they inevitably kiss.
Jack's gonna die in the end, so I don't think the romance matters that much.
I do hope they keep their relationship, if they do make it romantic, as a relatively quiet one. Not much conversation, just two silent partners working together and sharing tender moments in which body language is enough to get them across.
>>
>>91162364
It would be strange if it didn't go that way.

Jack is essentially a wandering hermit. Ashi was neglected as a child and knows nothing of the world around her. It wouldn't be believable for them to out of the blue be loving and romantic.

If there is a strong attraction between them, it won't be easy for either of them to express themselves.
>>
>>91155714
>nothing groundbreaking
Have you watched western animation in the last five years? Shows like this are non-existent now. Even further back than that, there's almost no action cartoons that use the medium as anything other than a way to tell action and effect heavy stories at a lower budget than if they were live action. Genndy is showing us that he can push the medium to do things no other can. While he's done that before with original Jack and his other shows, he can push it even further now that he has less oversight.
>>
>>91156105
Or when we see the spiked bat girl alive and holding the bat right before jack's "Costanza holding bat" impersonation shot?
>>
File: 1481616264066.jpg (54KB, 521x697px) Image search: [Google]
1481616264066.jpg
54KB, 521x697px
ITT: OP is a nostalgia fag
>>
>3 episodes in and the /co/ntrarians have already started spewing bull shit
>>
I REALLY want Jack figure in his samurai biker outfit made by Revoltech
>>
File: Squid.png (505KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Squid.png
505KB, 2400x1600px
>>91155900

This also fits /v/ to a T.
>>
File: ...png (157KB, 301x401px) Image search: [Google]
...png
157KB, 301x401px
>>91161540
You hate it only because you never had a gf, am I right?
>>
>>91155959
Are we watching the same show?
>>
>>91156621
>better animation
let's not delude ourselves
>>
>>91157139
They thought he was baiting them, and they might have been right.
>>
>>91164873
it works in context
>>
>>91162364
This. Romance in cartoons is not necessarily a bad thing, when well developed and played.
>>
>>91164873
not him, but the backgrounds in the original series are a million times better.
>>
>>91164895
let's not pretend the original 4 seasons had good fights beyond jack vs shinobi
it was mostly just shit like this
https://youtu.be/18gYIkUaNQQ
>>
>>91165898
I'm really relieved they didn't brought evil Jack's personality back as ghost Jack.
>>
>>91165898
>The Guardian fight
>not awesome
>>
File: 1440391598215.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440391598215.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>91161540
>It doesn't matter, Ashi will be dead by episode 4 anyway!
>Okay, maybe Ashi will appear in more episodes, b-b-but it's not like they'll ship Jack with her or anything baka!
now
>Ashi and Jack shipping is a GOOD thing! You don't want him to die a forever alone virgin do you?
soon
>Sure Ashi caused the apocalypse by breaking Jack's sword, but she did nothing wrong, Jack is a cis white(ish) male who deserves to die! /pol/ BTFO!!!
>>
>>91168782
your reaching is almost funny
>>
File: Ganeesh.jpg (12KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ganeesh.jpg
12KB, 210x240px
I bet this motherfucker would have a lot to say to current Jack.
>>
File: 1490840061671.png (181KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490840061671.png
181KB, 500x500px
Does anybody have the mega links for the three episodes currently out?
>>
File: 1487715646910.png (786KB, 1025x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487715646910.png
786KB, 1025x576px
>>91161540
Wait a second are all these hate threads being made because Aishi is getting some focus? Hell episode 6 seems to revolve around Jack even though it'll probably be from Jack's focal point. Are all the daughterfags this butt blasted by a romantic relationship?
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.