[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly does Europe seem so much better at making animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why exactly does Europe seem so much better at making animation than America? Especially modern cartoons.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not doing some Yuroboo baiting and saying American animation is all unwatchable shit, they have plenty of good shows and movies, but Europe (especially when it comes to 2D) seems to just produce much higher quality stuff that tells much better stories (granted they do produce a lot less of it, seems to be more quality over quantity)
>Tax exemption
I can kinda understand that reasoning, but Canadian animators also get a tax exemption and we all know what a fucking train wreck Canadian animation is.
>>
>Why exactly does Europe seem so much better at making animation than America? Especially modern cartoons.
They aren't. Isn't it tea time for you eurofag?
>>
You mean those tax-funded films from Ireland, that's because they have talent and they consolidated it. Do you mean France? They have a similar situation. Barely any other countries have a foothold in animated movies because of the beast that is American culture. Also Canadians have no talent/culture and the interesting cultures they do have just get ignored. All they wanna draw are maple leaves and snow, then steal their tax money and run away.
>>
I have a theory about why Canadian cartoons suck.
Most CanCon animated shows you see are made in Toronto. Meanwhile, anybody with any talent has migrated to Vancouver, where the animation industry is arguably bigger, and are doing service work for a lot of non-Canadian shows.
>>
>>91145307
More like bed time.
>>
>>91145904
>anybody with any talent has migrated to Vancouver
Vancouver is nothing but Asians anon, anyone with talent has immigrated to the USA because Canada is a fucking hellhole.
>>
File: IMG_0696.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0696.gif
2MB, 500x374px
To compensate for their shit writing
>>
Don't Canucks literally have a law that so many of the total shows on air have to be Canadian made so there's incentive to just shit out anything to meet the requirements
>>
>>91145285
European filmmakers don't worry about profits. How often do Eurofilms break even?
>>
Outsourcing to Korea and India, duh.
>>
>>91146026
Vancouver is the second-largest animation production centres in NA and has some of the best animation schools in the world. The only jobs in animation you can find in the US nowadays outside of CG is storyboarding and design. Enjoy your Calarts meme shit.
>>
>>91146099
We have reruns to fill that.
>>
>>91146099
Wouldn't surprise me, we basically have our own versions of Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon (or at least had) that would air a lot of shitty flash shows during school hours and start airing the American stuff at around 5-6pm, kinda weird seeing the CN logo on teletoon.
>>
Well idk
I mean Disney and DreamWorks are still US,
And while they produce so much that you almost want to ignore them as examples, they still do produce stuff that is setting the bar for expectations and sometimes even pushing said bar up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.